542B141D-3FA2-4C94-8BFD-71AD18D658C2 (resized).jpeg
54F6AE7F-C828-4DE5-89E8-847C051681D7 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7069 (resized).png
IMG_2193 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240315_104555_Gallery (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #3858 Latest version service FAQ from DP can be downloaded here Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4026 Release software 1.00 Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4105 Beta manual rules 1.00 software Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4143 Beta rules manual Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4265 Link to orbit protector. Posted by Spelunk71 (1 year ago)

Post #4402 New operational manual 1.00 announced Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4624 Installation Pinmonks fans Posted by ezatnova (1 year ago)

Post #5213 TECH:SYSTEM. Date/time change in BIOS instructions Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #5514 Pictures backbox tbl built end 2022 Posted by jyeakley (12 months ago)

Post #5804 Info for newbies Posted by Rensh (9 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ToucanF16.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 4 years ago

I’m in.

3 weeks later
#10 4 years ago
Quoted from dannylite:

You really can't be mad when you tilt it out before the super jackpot shot and this happens.[quoted image]

Where did you get the apron?

2 months later
#118 4 years ago

I’ll bet Barry is flooded with emails from previous owners. I know I’ll be pinging him!

#207 4 years ago

I just flew from Hong Kong to Dallas and watched TBL for the umpteenth time. It never fails to entertain!

310E86C0-6592-4509-B009-DED4A93C2958 (resized).jpeg310E86C0-6592-4509-B009-DED4A93C2958 (resized).jpeg
#234 4 years ago

How much memory does it need? Of course, the memory from the original unit should switch over easily.

#236 4 years ago

Maybe somebody can pop the back of their TBL and see exactly what’s plugged in to the MB. It would be nice to get an original W1900 MB or the Q1900B if it has the right ports.

#279 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

I’d be in on a light up apron, zig zag mod
Over shooter lane, led Doob !

Me too!

#282 4 years ago

Last August I wrote to Henrik at Pinball Dreams about TBL illuminated aprons. Pinball Dreams made all the illuminated aprons that Joey at Pinball Decals sold. Henrik told me he could not produce just one, but now that there are more TBLs out in the wild I think we should hit him up again about these aprons. I think we should all contact him to show interest.

[email protected]

#285 4 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Last August I wrote to Henrik at Pinball Dreams about TBL illuminated aprons. Pinball Dreams made all the illuminated aprons that Joey at Pinball Decals sold. Henrik told me he could not produce just one, but now that there are more TBLs out in the wild I think we should hit him up again about these aprons. I think we should all contact him to show interest.
[email protected]

I just sent another email to Henrick. Do you want an illuminated April? I suggest you cast your vote by sending an email to Henrick. With enough interest he may get this project started.

[email protected]

#308 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

High quality stream! Loved having a bowling alley view. Thanks Dude!

Thanks for the stream! Just started watching!
Matt TBL EA 30

2 weeks later
#376 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Anyone know who manufactured the middle main & the front main circuit boards for DP?

Have you asked Barry? Having issues with yours?

1 week later
#415 4 years ago

cpr9999 , I’m in for a set of boards.

1 month later
#545 4 years ago

Robertstone0407 , have you done any powder coating on your TBL?

1 month later
#608 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

If it helps ya I’m
Happy to buy a couple of these

I got a chuckle when I saw @whitey respond almost immediately for the doobie. He’s been relentless asking for someone to make this mod!

@cpr9999 , count me in for buying the mud.

2 weeks later
#636 4 years ago
Quoted from Time:

...I've got something else special on order so I'll wait for that to arrive before deciding and installing the rails.
Anyways, here's TBL with copper.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Is that special soomething coming from Robertstone0407 ?

#638 4 years ago

It looks good! I was thinking of going with Robert’s Burnout Orange, but his Mega Sparkle may fit the TBL theme better.

#650 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Which sadly means No EA's are getting games they paid for unless they paid for them a second time. I would have hoped by now at least 1 would have been freed to send some breath of hope.

Be patient. Enough time hasn’t passed. More games have to be sold to new buyers before EA games will be built.

1 week later
#690 4 years ago

Pinged. Thanks cpr9999 for doing this.

#698 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Let me know what you think.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks good! Where’s a good place to put it on the PF?

Does it come with the real thing?

#717 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Update.
We have had success with the cloned harddrive sent to another Pinsider and installed on his machine!! So I have sent PMs out to all who have contacted me.
If you have not, tomorrow is the deadline to contact me. Order will go in for harddrives to Amazon. I should receive this weekend and start shipping out next week sometime.
Thx for patience to all as we nailed this down.

Does the new SSD make it boot faster, jump higher, and sound better?

2 weeks later
#770 4 years ago

Jesus Rolls, Let's see if Barry makes a TBL sequel.

#782 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Also,
Added to more options: let me know which you like better between the 2 above and the new 2 below.
Thx![quoted image][quoted image]

I vote for the top one, “Let’s Go Bowling”

Is there a way to hide the electric wire at the base of the Doobie? Maybe drill a hole and feed the wire straight down.

#785 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

No need.
I can show once the chrome lockdown bar is put on it hides it perfect and only shows the doobie and doobie holder.

Perfect! I was wondering what it looks like with the lock bar on.

#789 4 years ago
Quoted from Time:

I bought some voodoo glass during CoinTaker's 2 for 1 sale. I'm not really seeing a difference here in this $200 a sheet glass. Anyone else got the fancy stuff on their TBL? Am I missing something?[quoted image]

Interesting photo! Thanks for posting. Would like to see exact same conditions with PDI glass.

#822 4 years ago
Quoted from xtremepacker:

Hey everyone! I'm super new here and relatively new to the inner workings of pinball. I was fortunate to come across a TBL as my first real pin so I'm learning as I go. I have a couple questions some of the more experienced folks can help with.
1. Does anyone know the size rubber on the slingshots? 2.5"? 3"? One of mine is getting worn and may snap soon.
2. Is there an owners manual for TBL (mainly, so I can look up answers to questions similar to above)? Some of the other threads from a few months back say one is on the way but the thread has been kinda quiet since. My machine didn't come with one from DP.
Thanks again!
Chris

Wow! TBL as a first pin! There’s a story there. Care to share how you got it?

2 weeks later
#862 4 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Been working hard the last few nights modding this baby up....so this is where it's at now... spending some time playing now until more stuff shows up! Beautiful and fun game...as a big TBL fan getting this game is a no brainier!! P.S. This is SELF PROCLAIMED TBL Zig Zag Man Edition #13 I also have Zig Zag Man badge #69 gotta have some fun! Chromed out ...Enjoy Dudes!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very nice TBL! Where did you get the ZigZag Man badge?

1 week later
#888 4 years ago

It’s more than just a simple connection. There’s a PCB involved.

#906 4 years ago

Pinball-Dreams illuminated aprons are ~$325 USD. The TBL apron is a bit more complicated. My bet is it will sell in the $375-425 range.

1 week later
#959 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Anyone know who manufacturers Lebowski playfield?

Why do you ask? Are you having issues? Looking for a spare?

#1013 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Appreciate the input. With the amount of money being thrown around for this game (12.5 PER), there is a lot of incentive for the coder to get back in b/c I’m sure owners would throw him money to do so.
I would be the first to throw my hat in - $200.

A wonderful state. I was born and raised there. But I’ll never go back due to their FU politics.

1 week later
#1062 4 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

For those experiencing a weak upper flipper for the Mini playfield I have the following message.
DP discovered that an error has been made with wiring the flippercoil of the MPF with several TBLs, especially those made 2019 and earlier. This causes that the Hold and Power part of the coil have been switched causing a weak flipper. Talked this over with Barry and he knows I am posting the fix here.
Mine had this to and as desoldering and resoldering a wire on the coil is easier for me as mounting a new connector (error was made on the connector) so I solved it via soldering. So DO NOT look at the color of the wires but to the POSITION of the wires.
As you can see in attached pictures the connector is DR18 and is positioned close to the stepper motor.
So:
1) the most left wire on the connector (white in this case) goes to the total right on the coil
2) the middle wire on the connector (purple in this case) goes to the total left on the coil
3) the right wire on the connector (orange in this case) goes to the middle of the coil.
Again, DO NOT look at the color of the wire as this can be different with you, purely to the position of the wire on the connector versus the position of the wire on the coil !!
This makes shooting the ramp much easier [quoted image][quoted image]

That sounds like a simple fix. But maybe someone can fabricate a simple dongle to correct the wiring mismatch. I’m handy with a soldering iron, but would gladly pay for a plug-n-play option.

#1073 4 years ago

Price point is OK. I’d like a couple color choices and not just a solid ball. Maybe a marble glow finish. Maybe “Brunswick” or something similar inscribed on the ball. A purple Jesus ball maybe?

2 months later
#1334 3 years ago

I’d contribute to crowd funding to get progress on the code.

#1338 3 years ago
Quoted from Kalikron:

First post!
I am a total newbie when it comes to purchasing/maintaining a home a pin as this would be my first...but I have to say TBL is by far my favorite theme ever. I wanted to buy one but I ran into financial difficulties right around the time DP did and I just barely have recovered enough to be considering a HUO purchase. Now I see cointaker is taking deposits and new TBL are getting shipped? What’s the wait like right now between deposit and build/ship date? Is this the right pin for a first purchase?

Write Melissa and ask. It would make a great first pin.

1 month later
#1438 3 years ago
Quoted from Yokimato:

I may be a bit dissatisfied with build quality for my specific machine, but I have to give credit where credit is due and he does communicate well from what I've seen.

My TBL build quality is phenomenal; I’m not sure what your issues are, but my cabinet quality is better than absolutely any machine I have. No issues whatsoever with my TBL.

#1440 3 years ago

The apron doesn’t cost all that much.
But I agree there’s a Cash cow there if DP want to take advantage of it.

1 month later
#1465 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

PinballplAting.com already does the wire ramps and apron wire form as a set in copper - check it out.
[quoted image]

I agree it’s nice. Don’t tar and feather me for saying this, but I wish he would sell outright and not require an exchange. I’ve asked and he says “no, exchange only”

4 weeks later
#1539 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Been slow in this thread lately.
Any new owners?

Got one bought and paid for. Just waiting on the word from CT.

1 week later
#1595 3 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

I dont know how many machines this guys compared. But for me, over 20 years in the hobby, their chart looks like a "beginner / new in hobby chart".
IJ ... mhhh ... MET a "B" ??! C´mon ....
So I give nothing on their voting, 2 guys with a camera and a youtube account .. thats it.

It’s all in fun anyway. But I do agree with their assessment.

3 weeks later
#1630 3 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Missing my keys to the coin door. My 3 year old daughter has misplaced them. How can I get new keys or anyone have a suggestion on how to move forward?

1 month later
#1674 3 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Got my topper from BigLebowski and installed it .. awsome !
Mounted on a solid metal plate with a original Brunswick bowling pin and a programmable and changeable (IR rtemote control) color programm.
Also got all the parts from the powder guy back ...all parts were powdercoated first in CHROME and afterwards in COPPER. I like it ...
Metall wireramps are galvanized in copper, all screws outside are also copper. But for the armor powdercoat is less expensive and easier to handle.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

I gotta admit, that's a cool topper! I already have two TBL toppers, but yours may be on my wish list. Are you selling these?

1 week later
#1685 3 years ago

I hope I’m voting right.
Mod 1
Size B (medium)
Border C (black)
Color scheme B with text “ARE YOU A LEBOWSKI ACHEIVER?"

Mod 2
Medium rotating.
It would be so cool if somehow it could be rotating and illuminated. Have you looked at Miller Engineering and his EL rotating signs?
https://www.microstru.com/Rotating_signs.html

3 weeks later
#1756 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Is Barry still MFGing new TBL’s?

He is

6 months later
#2575 2 years ago
Quoted from PinheadEDM:

Installed chrome coin door. With the starry lit apron it’s truly a stunning game.
[quoted image]

Let’s see the apron!

1 week later
#2669 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

would love one in black?

Add me to the list. Does that make me number 10 or 11?

2 weeks later
#2731 2 years ago
Quoted from Time:

[quoted image]
Finished a little mod tonight. Changed the red handicap targets to blue and swapped the white post sleeves to gray. The red and white just never really did it for me.
Somewhat related, does anyone have any pictures of early TBL prototypes? I remember seeing a TBL at Expo 2017 where the dude ramp standup targets were teal, not white. I specifically remember this because I recall thinking how I had never seen teal targets before. Can anyone confirm this?

Here’s a story and pics of an engineering sample.

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/guest-post-the-big-lebowski-pinball-project-by-scott-forman/

#2733 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Beautiful for sure. I thought he sold this machine? Is there a new owner?

It was up for sale awhile back, but Im pretty sure he still has it.

#2735 2 years ago

I’m thinking of going all out with a full copper bling package. Looking for ideas and pics of TBLs already taking this route.

#2740 2 years ago

BigLebowski was making them a while back (maybe still is?). I have one and it’s phenomenal!

Post 1694
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread?tq=&tu=BIGLEBOWSKI

#2743 2 years ago
Quoted from TouchingEvil:

Does someone of you guys have this custom sound installed ?

Video says unavailable.

#2754 2 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Someone asked to see games with updated hardware. Here is mine powdercoated in a copper color.

That someone was me. Thanks for posting.

2 years later
#6144 5 months ago

Is a BTTF illegitimate BP rumor ? I heard Stern may be working on it.

3 weeks later
#6248 4 months ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Can you help us understand the install process for the flipper button? Ie how it’s powered and how it receives info from the game to recognize various game modes and whatnot?0

Also wondering about animated launch button installation.

#6249 4 months ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Shot feels much easier to hit when you roll of the edge of the flipper, more powerful, more consistent.
Had to lower the power to the bottom flippers quite a bit for as the difference was quite noticeable. I was ricocheting off the targets, flying up the ramps etc. Lowered them both by 4 I think and they still seem to hit harder but not to the point where I might damage something.
I had already but a pair of these on my JJP POTC and it was a game changer but it’s been awhile since I’ve experienced that before and after on a new game. It’s absolutely worth the investment (in my opinion) and looks pretty damn good as well.

Did you also install the Link Arm Keyed Shaft Clamp System?

#6251 4 months ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

What is the difference between the 2 precision flippers? There appear to be a solid and a hollow version (the one you apparently installed?)….and which did you use on your POTC?

I think the hollow one are the Halographic Pro version.

#6261 4 months ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Very helpful!
& Sorry to drag this out but could you also list the parts you ordered for POTC as well?

I second that. Inquiring minds want to know.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Colts Neck, NJ
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ToucanF16.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread?tu=ToucanF16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.