735513270 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 1 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #3858 Latest version service FAQ from DP can be downloaded here Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4026 Release software 1.00 Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4105 Beta manual rules 1.00 software Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4143 Beta rules manual Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4265 Link to orbit protector. Posted by Spelunk71 (1 year ago)

Post #4402 New operational manual 1.00 announced Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4624 Installation Pinmonks fans Posted by ezatnova (1 year ago)

Post #5213 TECH:SYSTEM. Date/time change in BIOS instructions Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #5514 Pictures backbox tbl built end 2022 Posted by jyeakley (1 year ago)

Post #5804 Info for newbies Posted by Rensh (10 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TomDK.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1471 3 years ago

Mhhh ... DP is using WMS style parts.
FL-11630 is the label on my DP original coil.
A swap would not help anything !

I tested it due my "hold power" is not perfect.
I can make all ramp shots but holding a ball on a flipperbat while in multiball, a second ball on the flipperbat and the holdpower breaks in.

IMG_8635 (resized).JPGIMG_8635 (resized).JPG
#1481 3 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

FL-11630 is the next stronger coil.

Watch out ... most gamedesigners thought about which coil to use. If you can reach all ramps, the coil is fine. A stronger coil may kill your plastics.
STRONG is not always wanted.

Quoted from cpr9999:

Yes sir.
I sell backup harddrives with latest software loaded.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-mods

Yes you sell them .. I think okgrak is just looking for the image from a onlinedrive or cloud.

#1483 3 years ago

I tried it and broke my glas while removing the translite .. so I will not tocuh my backbox the next weeks
Happylie get a new glass from DP on my next visit.

#1488 3 years ago

Nearly same experiences here!
I have the drains on outer left loop and the "Maude" way. Both metall lanes are guided at the end by posts, I think I have to brighten the posthole and move the lanes a little bit.
Car targets the same, only the back of the car registers hits. So the targets needs to come closer to the car, or the car unit has to come nearer to the target .. will see.
Lockbar same ... adjusted it, 2 minutes work, everything fine.

I play my machine on 6,5 , works fine and, yes ... fast.

Did your flipperbats ever break in in hold mode ?

Cheers
Tom

Quoted from bounoun:

The translite is heavy!!! Be careful with that.
Last week I received my TBL, a few things I had to adjust
- The lockbar wasnt sitting tigh, easy fix, there are 2 screws on the lockdown lever, after adjusting these the lockbar is sitting snug.
- Donny loop was giving me alot of drains, I bended the metal rail guide carefully to the right to fix this issue.
- Car wasnt registering all the hits, adjust both target switches. Its better now but not perfect.
One thing that is quite annoying is the amount of airballs I get when hitting the targets besides the ramps. The gap between the target and foam is too big..... going to order some extra foam to fix this or replace the targets with better ones.
Overall I am very happy with the machine, its build like a tank and besides some small issues everything is working fine.
Question to other owners, at what kind of pitch do you have the machine ? 6.5 seems a bit too fast ?

#1493 3 years ago

A friend of mine played yesterday my TBL and his idea is to cut the rubber from the post a little to bend the metall rail.
The point is, the rail presses against the post, therefor is no space for bending.
My rail seems to to stand under tension, the ball makes kind of a "jump" to the middle , so the ball does not follow the rail at all.

60a (resized).jpg60a (resized).jpg
#1496 3 years ago

I did some smaller tweaks today ...

Cutted the rubbes as Rensh´s idea. It works better now !
Some Mylar to the InLanes where the ball drops.
Small Mylar on the wood where the balls comes out, same effect like Cliffys in cheap version.
Clear washers under the sligshotplastics to protect them.
Protectors under the flipperbuttons.
Some foam under the 2 standup targets in front of left ramp.
Some PETG to make the loop on the upper playfield a little longer should prevent balls coming down instead of moving propper on the upper playfield.

First game after all, new GC 30 Millions. Stacked all characzters multiballs and got 4 bowlingballs ... jackpots raised the new GC !
I will add images later on.

Pics:

Sleeve cutted
IMG_8693 (resized).JPGIMG_8693 (resized).JPGIMG_8696 (resized).JPGIMG_8696 (resized).JPGIMG_8697 (resized).JPGIMG_8697 (resized).JPG

Slings
IMG_8694 (resized).JPGIMG_8694 (resized).JPGIMG_8695 (resized).JPGIMG_8695 (resized).JPG

Rubber hits metall .... check your machine

IMG_8700 (resized).JPGIMG_8700 (resized).JPGIMG_8699 (resized).JPGIMG_8699 (resized).JPG

Plastic PETG IMG_8701 (resized).JPGIMG_8701 (resized).JPG

Foam

IMG_8698 (resized).JPGIMG_8698 (resized).JPG

#1498 3 years ago

See pics attached (now).

Sometimes the ball comes down after a loop from the upper playfield due it makes it little to the left coming down the the lane instead doing a full loop. The little oiece PETG is glued with doublesided tape and makes the metal lane a little longer.
I am sure you understand if you see the pic

#1502 3 years ago

No, I have really problems ... for example the video, I also swapped the coils with other ones with no success, maybe I will bridge the "Hold Power" to prevent this:
It always happens if a ball dont make it the "Dude Ramp", i8f it comes from the top of the ramp back, the flipperbat will collapse.
Same if I catch a ball in multiball, hold it and a second ball comes to the bat ... collapse.

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0CnSghfjMT5scTkOp7cTnAYDQ

For the bug list:
Only Walter-Mode is activated, no ball lightning: WalterMode with no sound. End of Mode ... music back.

#1505 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

I see twice the flipper responding as I would expect (with a hit the flipper goes a little down but recovers immediate) but the third time the flipper goes not only totally down but also doesn’t come up again. Did you stop pressing the flipper button?

No, I still presset the button. I throw the ball manual by hand to show this. It goes down and stays down .. this is the reason why balls get mostly lost on this behavior. In the moment the ball reaches the "ball out switch" it cuts down all power.

Bug-List:

Upss .. will print it out and bring to the pin

I am also missing adjustments for ExtraBall ... I play with 3 balls and an extraball at 10 Millions would be a pleasure .

1 week later
#1516 3 years ago
Quoted from Scott9:

Check the diodes on your flipper coils. I had the same issue with my left flipper

I already swapped the whole coil with one from my stock with the same results.
The flipperfinger stays down and I’ll only get up again if the ball is not lost and I repress the button.

Edit: no diodes on the coils from factory ! Should there be diodes or are they on the powerboard integrated ...

VALIS666
Yes there are several small issues you might also have on a machine from the 2 big players and, for sure, on all machines from the small firms building the games with love.
I had to work on Houdini, Bit on Alien , on the TBL and even on some games from the major players. My biggest pia game was a GoT Prem which was every second week off for needing spareparts.
So on a pin like TBL you should expect small issues .... and Service on the bigger ones. That’s why the USA games come from a big distributor .
So enjoy the game , software will follow .
AB494190-A4D7-49E3-8E45-4DAB11F015E2 (resized).jpegAB494190-A4D7-49E3-8E45-4DAB11F015E2 (resized).jpegBFC20972-C3B3-47D7-8505-C73F03EFB05E (resized).jpegBFC20972-C3B3-47D7-8505-C73F03EFB05E (resized).jpegCFB620EC-FC1B-4A59-9B85-175F76F373F8 (resized).jpegCFB620EC-FC1B-4A59-9B85-175F76F373F8 (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
#1547 3 years ago

But this is a thing with your distributor.
I think DHl needs also some weeks for delivery, I will not blame but in this Corona-days there is a import/export delay everywhere and specially in/out USA !
So if your distri ask for the money its not DP guilt.
Waiting tome 2-3 montah for fresh order is normal. This machines are not in stock and yes, the movement to a new hall. But I have no input if this is already going on. Mostly contracts in NL and Germany end to end of a month.
Also there are also orders from Europe ... no one knows how many. At least 2 friends ordered also after they played my TBL.

Take your time ....

#1559 3 years ago

Thats the way as far as I know ... why should the customer pay for an intercontinental shipping , for DHL it makes no difference where to ship in the US.
Might be different if someone orders with "full service" and "pre-check" ....

#1575 3 years ago

For the US CoinTaker is the distributor, for Europe DP is the manufacturer and distributor.

IF DP states that your game is ready for shipping or pickup you pay the bill and get the game.Point.
This takes 2 days (pick up) to 1 week (shipping).

IF your distributor is CoinTaker you should ask them .. why do they collect money in advance. Also ask them when you get your game, call them every day and send emails ... but in this case DP is out ! You should remember there are 5 people building the machines. If one of this persons is calling and answering emails the whole day there are 4 people building the machines. And DP is not responsible for CoinTakers business.
At least its just a matter of time when TBL will show up and be in the shops for direct pickup.

I drive a Dodge ... on questions about my car I ask my local dealer or the european importer, I never called Dodge in the US .... just an example.
So I think DP is not responsible for what CoinTaker is doing.
Whoever can not live with this kind of businessplan should buy JJP and Stern available games.

The onliest exception for me is EA, this guys should get updates regulary direct from DP, they suffered enough and I hope all get their games.
I am a late buyer, paid hell lot of money but know that with this fresh money the ES will get their games.

Just my 5 cent

#1585 3 years ago
Quoted from Scott9:

Check the diodes on your flipper coils. I had the same issue with my left flipper

My question again: ARE there diodes on the coils ?
I have no diodes on the coil from factory and still my issues.

#1593 3 years ago

I dont know how many machines this guys compared. But for me, over 20 years in the hobby, their chart looks like a "beginner / new in hobby chart".
IJ ... mhhh ... MET a "B" ??! C´mon ....
So I give nothing on their voting, 2 guys with a camera and a youtube account .. thats it.

2 weeks later
#1625 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

So, with the new import tax to eu, seems like big lebowski becomes the one viable nib-option.
So how about getting a game from them?
If i order now, is it five months or what?
Howabout paying?
Not beeing rude, fronting cash to this company seems a gamble at best.
Cod seems the only way, but will dp accept that?
Is there a way to have someone, or do it yourself physically pick it up at location paying then?

As Resnh stated, DP itself is the european distributor. I got an invoice via EMail, wired the money and picked up my TBL the next week direct at the factory. Very smooth transaction.

BUT .. be aware: The TBL is 12000 Euro, for this money you can get also a Stern or JJP incl. the 25% "Trump Tax"

1 week later
#1650 3 years ago

This is the nicest topper:

A friend from Munich is making them. This is a prototype, my topper will be in the size of the whole backbox and have some more 3D applications: Cannabis, Folgers coffee box .... will see ! In the middle is a full size used bowling pin. RGB lightning controled by an ATMEL ... until we figute out how to hook it up to the apron

#1652 3 years ago

Feel free to contact him:

https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/biglebowski

But it is heavy, shipping will be a killer. But maybe he sells all the stuff except the frame and the bowling pin ...

#1654 3 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

I have the same issue. The metal backing for my red standup targets are too thin so they bounce. Barry was waiting for new/improved switches and they were mentioned in the last mailing. It's the last thing keeping my game from working properly (I think).

I just added some foam behind the targets .. much much better but still not perfect.

Pics are aetlier in this thread.

2 weeks later
#1663 3 years ago

I just grabbed the woofer in the cabinett to an active subwoofer outside. Works well.

1 week later
#1671 3 years ago

Got my topper from BigLebowski and installed it .. awsome !
Mounted on a solid metal plate with a original Brunswick bowling pin and a programmable and changeable (IR rtemote control) color programm.
Also got all the parts from the powder guy back ...all parts were powdercoated first in CHROME and afterwards in COPPER. I like it ...
Metall wireramps are galvanized in copper, all screws outside are also copper. But for the armor powdercoat is less expensive and easier to handle.
IMG_9559 (resized).jpgIMG_9559 (resized).jpgIMG_9560 (resized).jpgIMG_9560 (resized).jpgIMG_9562 (resized).jpgIMG_9562 (resized).jpgIMG_9564 (resized).jpgIMG_9564 (resized).jpgIMG_9567 (resized).jpgIMG_9567 (resized).jpgIMG_9574 (resized).jpgIMG_9574 (resized).jpg

IMG_9551 (resized).JPGIMG_9551 (resized).JPG
#1676 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I have to ask...which pin do you like better - Aliens or TBL? Both are awesome to me.

Alien !
TBL is very nice machine, I love the theme and it plays very nice like a WPC95 game. But compared with Alien the Alien is a masterpiece. Sound, gameplay, innovations. If it cama hard on har to sell a game, it would be TBL.

Quoted from ToucanF16:

I gotta admit, that's a cool topper! I already have two TBL toppers, but yours may be on my wish list. Are you selling these?

Please contact BigLebowski , he designed the topper and programmed its light show. He might sell you a set.
He is a very helpfull guy. And dont be surprised .. the price is far far away from Stern-Toppers in a positive matter

Quoted from highdef:

It would be a giant mic drop if Koen would program the ability to drop in custom audio tracks in a future update. Don't get me wrong. The existing music/soundtrack is fantastic, but optional customization would be absolutely brilliant.

You can do so easily, just replace the sound files. It is not a secret that out in this world the original songs with voice are installed in several TBL.
Only for copyright reason DP is not allowed to sell the games with original soundtrackes.Clever guys figured out how to change ...

2 weeks later
#1696 3 years ago

I also own one of this great topper from BigLebowski , can recommend it.
For the shipping: Maybe the US guys can buy themself a bowling pin. They should be available on every corner ... than the metal frame is the large and heavy part.

The topper looks perfect, engeneering on a high level ! Very good english manual and a price far far away from Stern toppers in a positive matter !

Quoted from BigLebowski:

Based on feedback from some folks who I´ve also built this topper for the topper has evolved a little bit over the initial version. It´s now covering the full width of the backbox. The 8 different lightshows that are implemented can now be selected and configured (speed, colors, directions etc.) via a remote control. A random mode is also implemented.
It also got some more gimmicks like the In'n'Out Burger sign, the Cannabis leaves and the Folger´s Can. The large text on top can be placed left, middle and right with the holes for the mounting bolts already there. To prevent an accidental desaster when folding the BB forward the topper is secured by two steel brackets to the back of the BB.

I could imagine building a few more if there´s any interest. But shipping that beast overseas will alone be 60 Euros due to the weight of it.
Inside Europe it´s a lot cheaper. PM me if you´re interested.
[quoted image][quoted image]

IMG_9567 (resized).jpgIMG_9567 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#1733 3 years ago

My TBL is eating balls ... during multiball one ball got stuck. The basssearch did not start ... is there a ballsearch ?
The ball is not to find .. I am confused and will add a new ball. Very strange ... checked the whole machine.

#1749 3 years ago

Gratulations to the pin !

Just play and enjoy it ! If you have someone who is able to make a backup of the SSD, make an extra drive and test it in the machine.
If this works think about a soundupgrade. It is possible but you should have at least some basic knowlkedge about Linux systems. Otherwise you can kill
the harddrive.
I just changed the sounds, it works well but I also killed one drive. Therefor take your time !

#1754 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

If your unit is a fresh built don’t worry so much pls. People make it sound like the ‘old’ TBLs are not working.
From the pictures I can see that the servo motor is not under the playfield so it has to be below the MPF.

So it is .... yes the update from the guy in the German forums works well but ... at least you need a backup of your SSD: Also with this inofficial soundupdates you can kill your drive as i did. For good I have 2 working backups.

Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Is Barry still MFGing new TBL’s?

As you read this post, what do you guess ??
People got 2 days ago their TBL ... so dont you mean that they are freshly manufactured or a big, big hall with hundreds of TLB delivered one by one , every week 5 pieces ??!!
Question answered ?

4 weeks later
#1831 3 years ago

In the backbox is a standart pc powersupply , you can also by Y-connectors to get 5 Volts and 12 Volts directly from the pc powersupply.
My topper and the cabinettprotectors are connected on this way.

3 weeks later
#1879 3 years ago

Standart ... why should it look like a 80´s DMD .... for me it is right in the middle from "full HD" like Alien and a DMD.
On TBL are sequences used from the movie, Dots are programmed as dots. So there is no way to "scale down" the graphics from TBL.

2 weeks later
#1923 3 years ago

Yes ... many many things !
Thanks Dutch Pinball !!

#1925 3 years ago

Take your time .... if Rens from DP support realize that pinside is online again he will send the link.
It is on the DP homepage but I will not spoiler ! On the german forums the announcement is done but pinside was down as you remember ..

RENS ..... they need you !!

#1960 3 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

You need to check it out, the software now reports switch errors.

Yes, a great feature with a little restriction:
I got "spinner switch stuck closed" ... removed the glas, switchtest, moved the spner. Everything fine.
So the pin checks regularlöy the switches, if the switch is closed in this momenat it displays a error.
means ... not directly check switches, just play and wait if the eroor occurs after some games.

#1970 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Don’t think so but these are settings you can adjust to your liking.

There must be a challenge otherwise the pin would be boring after 3 weeks.
I tweaked my settings to make the game a little easier, I added ballsaver times, set down the limit to start "Nihilists Multiball" and raised the time to get "Mark It Zero" after it lits. So this gives a fair chance to get the first extraball.
I always play on this extraball but the saucer is not easy to hit.
MIZ is also in my opinion the best video mode, to see if Walter becomes more and more aggressiv ... love it !!

#1976 3 years ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

I know it sounds crazy but I dont notice the cover versions at all and I've seen the movie a hundred times. The music on my tbl is one of my favorite features. Not sure I would change it personally.

?? You only change a instrumental version to the original version with voice ??
We did not convert it to death metall music

#1979 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Hi all. As of yesterday I finally became an owner of TBL (non-EA, NIB, serial DP-01-00478)! ....................

Quoted from Time4akshun:

Wow. Didn't know it was that low. Happy to own one!
Time

I think there are 478 normal Pins out and around 100 AE ... just my guess ...
How do the ARA games count ?

#1999 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

PSA: Don't put the rug on the floor if you have cats. This was barely 10 secs after I heard the plucking. My cat Lucy easily pulled the stuffing out from below. Cats....
[quoted image]

Ohoh .. this is the reason why my rug is on the wall with a pinball glas leaning on it
Therefor I have a 100 Dollar TBL rug under the pin. If this is destroyed ... shit happens ...

You can give the rug to the cats and order a new one , it is not so expensive, i thing 130 Euro around.

#2011 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

I fitted my own EA Apron.
Plugs int the port in the middle and then route the cable up the left side wiring holders..

You made your own one ?
Pictures !!!

1 week later
#2048 2 years ago

For me it is not to understand.
People with not too much acknowledge of pinball have to "mod" their games using mods for hell lot of money but no foolproof manual.
The "mod connector" is, so far, not officially. It is used for the lighted apron and this will work without any problem. I am also sure that it will provide 5 and 12 volts.
Have you moddingkings ever thought about using the pc powersupply in the backbox to .... supply power ?
Makeyourself a Y-cable and you get 5 volts and 12 volts. If you can´t do so look on amazon or buy it here on pinside. I am sure one of the modding suppliers will make you one and sell it.

timlah79 : Wait until you have your apron, THAN plug it in the connector and I am sure it will work like on many many other machines. WHY do people "check" before IF the connector is "working well" ??!!

#2051 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

What's the build quality like on this title?
My R&M has been absolute disappointment and headache, so I'm now conscious about buying from boutique pinball companies.

Very difficult to answer.
There are guys out having this game running without any major problems from the unboxing.
There are guys having more or less to work on there new machine.
You should be familiar with tools and pinballs or live with Cointaker in direct neighborhood.
So you might be lucky, you might run in problems.

DP has a very good support in person of Rens. But he will not stand side by you for practical help.
But you should give TBL a try, I am sure if you get a nightmare of a game you can give it back within a timeframe ... maybe you are lucky and can play from the first ball.

The good news: DP is not IGNORING its customers like other pinball manufacturer do !! So there are many improvemnets in the latest machines. Mine is now a year old and I ordered several upgrade parts. The buyers today will have all this enhancements in their machines.
I am sure DP has not more problems like other manufacturers. The build quality is high. It feels like a WPC-95 game from WMS to play, not cheap than other mayor brands.

Give it a try ... at least in the forums mostly people with problems post. The happy ones just play pinball.

#2060 2 years ago
Quoted from lagoontrap:

- I have never heard all the song clips playing
- Ball drain and then the machine goes into ball search mode
- Ball sometimes stays in saucer or Jesus hole and just stays there, ball search doesn't get going.
Kaspar

- Play better I do not understand the question ? No sound ?

- Check switches in ball trough, check switches in generell

- Check switches from Jesus hole and saucer.

Check with a pinball, not only the fingers. It seems that the ball goes to this saucers/hole/balltrough and is not detected.
I had once a situation that a ballsearch starts but did not find the ball in the saucer but before I opened the coindoor, this might iritade the pin.

For me all your problems sound like switchproblems. The pin does not know where the ball is , ball search is not programmed perfect yet.

#2093 2 years ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

You said it man. - Nobody f..... with Jackie Treehorn!
Rensh: Please at it to the wishlist for a ! mystery reward

The question is, is it possible to set graphics also to a "adult version". I am sure US custmers will not *all* have a di** in the animations !

#2102 2 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Rensh and TomDK Before our conversation in this thread about mod connectors, I purchased a "Power Tap for ATX Power Supply Games" from Pinball Life. It is in their category for TBL compatible 12V and 5V mods. However, I have no idea how I use this, do you? It doesn't have the same molex connector you speak of that comes from the TBL back box nor does it have the standard 2 pin, "matrix" connectors that most mods use, specifically the connectors that The Mod Couple mods use (I think it is 2.5mm Pitch 2-pin JST XH?). So what else do I need to create the right "Y Cable"? Can you please post links, photos to where I can purchase what I need and instructions?
See links and pictures:
The supposedly TBL compatible Y cable I purchased which has the wrong connectors for what I need, "Power Tap for ATX Power Supply Games": https://www.pinballlife.com/power-tap-for-atx-power-supply-games.html
[quoted image]
Again, the two mods I need to hook up and their types of tiny, 2-pin matrix connectors:
5V Mod: https://themodcouplepinball.com/products/the-big-lebowski-gutterballs-abide-custom-color-changing-mod
12V Mod: https://themodcouplepinball.com/products/the-big-lebowski-the-creedence-is-found-illuminated-custom-mod
Example of what the connectors look like:
[quoted image]

Very funny, you pay hell lot of money for "moddings" but the seller do not offer a compatible cable to connect.
With my TBL Topper from BigLebowski came a perfect y-adapter. And he is not a pro selling expensive mods to the communty.

What sould I tell you ?! Buy a crimptool and some plugs and crim what you need. Cut of the small plugs and make the mods compatible. Or solder them diectly to the wire. I would send the mods back and ask them to make them plug and play. Making hell lot of money out of nothing, selling 3D prints for helllot of money but do not support theit products ?!

#2105 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I have ordered parts and I am in the process of making harnesses for sale.
It will have 3 - 12v; 3 - 5v; and 1 - 3V (for spinning bowl sign coming soon).
So that’s 7 power connectors for under the playfield. You will be able to buy hook in connectors to ModCouple mods as well.
I should have proto by next weekend and be ready to sell after that.

Thats the way it should be ! Most new people to pinball are not able to solder and understand how a pinball works, so there is need for ready harnesses before this people try to solder on SMD pcb to get some power for modding.

#2107 2 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Apparently some people don't understand how forums work either and just post their opinions and assumptions about people's intelligence instead of actually answering questions from the community.

It has nothing to do with intelligence. But a little with skills and the time I am willing to invest in the hobby.
It seems that my comments helped at leat that one of the mod sellers will make the needet harness/Y-adapter. On the older pins it is no problem to "grab" a needet power from any source in the machine, solder 2 cables and it works fine. On all the new machines you can not do so. Nodeboards from Spike and Spike2 f.eks. dont like differences in voltage. Same on TBL. You can not solder 2 wires to a smd rgb led to get some power for mods. Therefor the mod producer have to offer plug and play on this machines. It is also not DP warranty to cover failed installations of mods.
The connector for the apron f.eks. delivers all needet powers. If you are able to figure out what is on which pin, you can use it but I would never ever giving in the forums a tip how to use this plug. Specially not to people with no experience in crimping a cable.

To anser your question, this is how a Y-cable can look like. This cable came with the TBL topper from @biglebowski.

IMG_1074 (resized).JPEGIMG_1074 (resized).JPEGIMG_1075 (resized).JPEGIMG_1075 (resized).JPEGIMG_1076 (resized).JPEGIMG_1076 (resized).JPEGIMG_1077 (resized).JPEGIMG_1077 (resized).JPEGIMG_1078 (resized).JPEGIMG_1078 (resized).JPEGIMG_1080 (resized).JPEGIMG_1080 (resized).JPEG
#2110 2 years ago

You can contact BigLebowski for this great (and cheap ... versus Stern-Topper) topper.
He also ships to the US and has a manual in english ... and of course ... a Y-connector

Today an other TBL owner visited me and we spoke about mods for the TBL, he told me that all his mods from the USA came plug and play with connectors.

#2119 2 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Yes that's the one I bought and asked about earlier in this thread because I'm completely puzzled as how to leverage it.

Please check my pictures, the y-adapter from the link to PinballLife has 4 pins only and it is "round". My adapter looks different !

#2122 2 years ago

Cant remember the old days ... fact is with 2 charactzers only 2 ball multiball. I can , maybe, maybe, also remeber that it was 1 ball per character.
Easy to test .. load in the menu an older software and play ...

#2134 2 years ago

This means that the switch named MENU/ÖUS RIGHT was for 30 games not in action which brings up this message.
Same will happen to the tilt blomp ....

Ignore it or use this switch 1 time ...
Its a bug that also this kind of switches are listes/checked from the system.

So dont worrie ... doenst mean anything !

1 week later
#2173 2 years ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

I just started with a bunch of JJP machines. I do really like Wonka (but the wife says we only have room for three and will have to ultimately decide between TBL and Wonka), Dialed In shot incredibly but family couldn’t get past theme. WOZ is actually really great but very difficult. I am getting Pirates so we’ll see. GNR for me is completely different but I can see how it may not be fast and furious enough for the expert player especially the LE and CE. I do think if you can only choose one, it would make sense to play both!

Letmethinkaboutit2seconds:LebowskiandnotWonka.

1 month later
#2297 2 years ago
Quoted from Time:

I believe I used a large flat plastic pry tool, the type used to remove car trim pieces. Once I got it started I pulled up on the metal to remove it fully. I wasn't trying to save my original rails though because they were damaged in shipping. This might not work for you if you're trying to save those.

Same worked for me, some plastic pry tools worked well without heat.

#2326 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Putting some games on TBL, and noticed ball gauges & scratches.. changed balls and after a few plays same thing.
I know there was talk of balls becoming scratched. Did anyone pinpoint what the cause was? I think it may be the scoop hole protector so have ordered a Cliffy

Have a look under the playfield and you will see a big metall ballway. There are sharp edges on. Can be "polstered" with mylar or PETG (if you are able to weld it).

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 month later
#2515 2 years ago

If only US TBL are involved ... the difference is the wall power. Maybe here is the problem ? 220 Volts / 110 Volts 50/60 Herz

2 weeks later
#2588 2 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

I thought copper was a no brainer. Until seeing the chrome. Very well done...

You know that chrome is standart trim on TBL expect the coindoor.
Copper is "full change" incl. the wireramps.

4 weeks later
#2738 2 years ago

"Coppaaaa with Toppaaaa"

This is the poor guys version:
Wireramps and screws copper plated.
All armour , coindoor and the frame for the topper powdercoated in candy copperwith chromepowder as underlayer.

Like it .... but would prefer real copper ...

IMG_1162 (resized).JPEGIMG_1162 (resized).JPEGIMG_1163 (resized).JPEGIMG_1163 (resized).JPEGIMG_1166 (resized).JPEGIMG_1166 (resized).JPEGIMG_9087 (resized).JPGIMG_9087 (resized).JPG
3 weeks later
#2876 2 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

Getting my Lebowski in December and I am getting more excited as days go by. Question, anyone know if Dutch Pinball is planning on making a topper for Lebowski? I am making my own and it's almost ready, but I would love to get an official topper from them.

Read this thread and have a look on #1671 ... more topper is not possible.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/34#post-6040748

#2923 2 years ago

I am sure that DP would deliver ramp protectors if there is a need.
If 100 customers within warranty need new ramps .. there would be a protector.

Summa: It seems that there is no need.
I dont like protecting a pinballmachine like a WWII tank. Cliffys, playfieldprotector, ramprotectors, armor "armor" ....

If you feel better with it .. install. But in general ??!! Pins have been 20 years in bars, on beaches, etc ... so the chance that we hobbists kill it completely in the heated gamerooms ... mhhh.

1 week later
#2946 2 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

Just want to share my topper progress. it's about 80% done. Can't wait for my machine.

The background is amazing !! The bowling pin a must have ... perfect.
The cars are a little boring ....

#2964 2 years ago

Mhh ... doe it not slow down the ball ?!

Quoted from ezatnova:

Remembered I used to have an awesome neighbor who worked for a manufacturer of huge spools of various foam and rubber materials, and he would offer me scraps of handy stuff every now and then. Then I remembered I have a small roll of 3M adhesive backed rubber in 5” wide by 1/32” thick.
It’s not celfoam so it likely bounces more than what Rens / DP is using, but it’s strong as hell and the adhesive is great.
I’m going to make an in depth post about it over on the maintenance thread. I know I went overboard with the surface areas covered, but honestly I actually only covered the areas that were already showing wear on my 2 week old game. Lots of the walls of the subway get banged and scuffed. Notice all the pics of the bare metal ramps below with some sort of mark already.
Sadly I don’t have any part # or detailed info of what this 3M product is. It is also about 15 years old, so who knows what’s what anymore with what they make. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#2978 2 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

When I purchased a pool table, I specifically got one with a "gulley" ball return system as I always found it satisfying to hear a ball returning to the main collection area after it was sunk in a pocket.
Similarly, the sound of a bowling ball traveling down an alley would be cool while a pinball is returning via the subway.
Mod makers please take note!

Not mod makers take a note ... programmer take a note
I am sure that sound coud be integrated with not too much work.

#2997 2 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Thanks for the black bowling alley ball suggestion Dude!
Just switched out my TBL's lower playfield ball and it is truly classic (resin ball) looking now. A top 10 "bang for your buck" mod to be sure!
your pic:
[quoted image]

Nice idea ... I have for years a set of Back Alley black chromes balls in my partsbox ... will also swap. Very nice idea !!

1 week later
#3024 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

it has unbreakable plastics now. I wouldn't worry to much. They slow down as you put more plays on it. Mine has about 600 plays on it so far, and it's getting less and less air balls

Uhh .. are there "unbreakable plastics" out in this world ? Stainless steel ?
lets say, PET-G is much much better than the plexiglas they used on the first machines. But unbreakable is ... brave

2 weeks later
#3100 2 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

But there is no way currently to just add new songs by oneself, correct? (i.e raise the number of songs?)
Maybe a possibility created by the next firmware update? Rensh?

Copy 2 songs together in one file and you have it .....
I am sure this will never be included due to legal agreements.
But you see , the community is working on it. I have just replaced the sounds with original soundtracks, that is bummer enough
The script sounds great but knowledge of linux operatingsystems is required, I guess.

1 month later
#3165 2 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

But there is no way currently to just add new songs by oneself, correct? (i.e raise the number of songs?)
Maybe a possibility created by the next firmware update? Rensh?

Copy 2 songs together in one file and you have it .....
I am sure this will never be included due to legal agreements.
But you see , the community is working on it. I have just replaced the sounds with original soundtracks, that is bummer enough
The script sounds great but knowledge of linux operatingsystems is required, I guess.

Quoted from karl:

Hi,
EA Nr 132 (If I remember correctly) here.
I have not been following how everything goes in Dutch Pinball land for almost 2 years. Mostly because I figured it would take a long time before machines would start showing up with EA owners.
Does anybody know the status, and when DP hope to speed things up? How many machines have they sold, and how many EA's have received their machine?
PS! If this is the wrong thread for this, I apologize.
Cheers
Karl

Hi Karl
IMO the easiest way would be to ask your contractpartner DutchPinball.
I am sure that only Barry can give you a serious answer on this question.
Hope you see your game soon !!

#3187 2 years ago
Quoted from PinheadEDM:

Will the v.100 code koen is working on clean up these bugs?

I would guess: No.
The sound issues are present from the beginning, it seems this need a deeper investigation.
I would prefer a 1.0 if all the little bugs are eliminated.
The soundissues should be fixed before. I have them also randomly on character multiballs.
However .. I am also looking forward for 1 1.0 with a final and many new clips and sounds.

1 week later
#3202 2 years ago

The playfield is from "Mircopinball" , but in this case I am very happy with the quality. Same on Alien btw.
Due the long story of the TBL the first batch of playfields is dried for years .... no real problems.

After around 150 games it starts minimal cracking the coat on the left inlane were the ball falls from the ramp. So I will place some mylar there.
But this is nothing to blame the manufacturer, that is quite a normal wear. I play my machines , so everything is fine without a protector.
If you sleep better .. install one ...

2 weeks later
2 weeks later
#3314 2 years ago
Quoted from wb2rl:

Quick question to the people who own TBL a bit longer;
Have you experience with playfield wear?
I`m getting a new TBL next week and am still uncertain about installing a PF-protector. The machine will be played in a home environment.

It might depend !
Playfields from the first run, made by Mirco, have a long long history. They had about 5 years to resettle in the factory stored until DP re-starts to build TBL.
So this playfields are really "hanged up" and the coat cut cure for years.

We do not know if there is meanwhile a second, third batch of playfields. This playfields would not have cured for so long.

My TBL is now 15 month old, has around 500 games and it starts now on the left inlane rollover to chip. I prefer playing with no protector and I am not afraid that there will show up some wear with the time. Will put some mylar on , thats it.

1 month later
#3503 1 year ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

Added bonus, the Bowling mech is near silent with the rubber rings.

I loved the sound ... on a real bowling alley you also hear the pins resetting
But , better than broken pins for sure.

2 weeks later
#3529 1 year ago
Quoted from zucot:

I want to pull the trigger on one of these but I’m worried that the code depth won’t be there.

If you think MM has kind of gamedepth ... TBL will have also a game depth. It is somehow very similar.
Missing the wizzardmode and some finetuning, but ... there will be a final software release. So no argument not to buy this great pin.
No chance to play in your area ?
I bought in blind due the theme, not disapointet in any way.

2 months later
#3844 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Seriously?? That’s Pinball Brothers, the makers of Alien.

Alien REMAKE, please !

Yes, they are doing Queen right now. And the playfield looks terrible.

2 months later
#4320 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I don't see any line out on the custom sound board.
[quoted image]

Why should there be an "line out".
I think this is/was never planned on a pinball machine.

If you want to grab the sound you might connect a recording device to the speakeroutput.
A external subwoofer is easily plugged to the bass in the cabinett.

2 weeks later
#4419 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

[quoted image]As not many people got the Achiever Edition plate on their game, I am making a Limited Edition plate available for the Big Lebowski. Below is a draft of the Limited Edition plate that can be customized with your game's serial number. It can come in silver or gold text/logos and a black background. Size will be 1.5 x 5 inches. If you want it a big larger, just PM what you are looking for. Also below are some other plates I have made that will give you an idea of how they look when printed.
It really ties the game together Thanks.[quoted image][quoted image]

A "Limited Edition" plate for a not limited pinball ?
What will be your limit ? Number 267 of 18653 ?
There is a reason for the Achiever Edition , it is not just an optical thing.
I dont understand this ....

EDIT: Ahhh ... you have an engraver shop and you are flooding every "Club thread" to sell your plagues. So it is just a commercial kind of spam for the signs.
I understand that you want to sell this plates, but making every pin to a limited ... mhhh.

#4423 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Sorry, thought some owners might want to add an edition plate to their game. I am looking for a volunteer in the US to receive a few free plates to see what size/color might look best. Please PM if interested in assisting. Thanks.

Thank you, I am not intrested.
I have a "Limited Achiver Edition" with a plate on the apron ... therefor I have no need for a second plate on the game stating that my game is kind of a "LE" were I know it is not a limited pinball. DP can build TBL for the next 200 years if the demand is there.
I also see no reason to make out of any "Pro version" a "limited Pro version". It makes no sense to me.

#4476 1 year ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Just unhook the current one and hook up the backup temporarily. Then update the code as normal and switch back to the original when done.

Or unhook the running one, create an image and copy it to the old spare drive ... So you have also a backup on your pc.

3 weeks later
#4615 1 year ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Overall the build quality is an A+ nice job to the team at DP!

Oh yes !
I unboxed this days my Valhalla and the guys from AP should order a TBL to see how a cabinet *CAN* look and define the word "buildquality"
DP is outstanding in quality !

#4661 1 year ago

Yes, what a christmas surprise. have just one pin in the house: TBL .. now its also a jukebox. Very cool !!

#4721 1 year ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

I swear I saw somewhere that someone was making a mirrored backglass for TBL. Does anyone have any additional info on this?

Have alook in this thread ... I am sure you did not see the glass itself but talk about it:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/287

Quoted from tk375:

Man, this really sucks. This is the reason I promised myself no more Jersey Jack's. I wasn't expecting this from a Lebowski Playfield...

Oh shit .... what a nightmare. The JJP virus jumped over to TBL.
I guess that all the old stock playfields are used and there was a need for a new batch playfields which had no chance to settle for years.
It seems that the clear / hardener mixture is bad, the layer(s) of coat too thick. What a nightmare.
I had bad experiences with other playfields from M. but in Alien and TBL the playfields are fine.
Hope that there is a fair solution for all customers.

#4749 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Hopefully they fix the playfield Mirco issue before mine comes mid next year. Titan makes rubber star post rings that would really help this. Maybe they can buy them in bulk and add before shipping

This would be a workaround and not a solution.

#4758 1 year ago
Quoted from dts:

Looks like the ink pulls off the wood

This is nearby what we discuss and think in the german forums.
It looks like the clear dissolves the print and pushs it. Maybe the primer failed ..... Only the manufacturer knows.

1 week later
#4824 1 year ago
Quoted from Bumper:

Oh, I really don't like this. I thought Dutch Pinball used play fields from Buthamburg

No, never. All layfields are from Mirco. But due to the looong story of TBL the first series of playfields coulr rest for years.
If the first run was silkscreened or digital .. I dont know.

Quoted from Concretehardt:

I figured I would go ahead and install a set of Titan silicone playfield washers on the game while I was inspecting the playfield (see link for washers below)

Congratulations ... now you playfield is safe but looks with this washer like "pooling"

Quoted from LT4play:

Is it only the sling star-posts that people have found evidence of pooling? -- Am not finding any other locations in this thread.

So far ... yes !

#4847 1 year ago
Quoted from Bumper:

So you are suggesting that the Mirco issues come from not drying enough time and Dutch Pinball will have the same troubles as American Pinball going forward?

No .. it is just an idea. In the meantime he might change his clearcoat and, as seen in this post, he changed also printing.
I did not know that the first playfields are silkscreen.
I have an early TBL and no issues with the playfield.
Same fpr my heighway Alien ... also a Mirco playfield with no issues. But I had some repro playfields with issues. So .. it depends ...

Quoted from PinMonk:

The first TBL playfields were likely Mirco silkscreened, like his work on The Hobbit playfields, which were also bulletproof. The trouble arrived when he moved to digital printing after that. All Mirco playfields after The Hobbit era have issues, EXCEPT perhaps Toy Story 4 (it seems to be trouble free), which may have shown that he can solve the issue after 6 years of non-stop crap playfields. We'll see.

#4875 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Definitely be playing mine, if it wears it wears. It looks pretty solid - rubber backed. Likely I’ll get sick of it though - I move my games around a bit - could get annoying. Otherwise I’ll get a spare.

If you read/search on pinside you will also find a link to "china ware" rugs for little money to use.
My original rug is on the wall at my gameroom, under the pin is a "china rug". So I have no problem if the cats are under the pin. The first series of rugs looking great but were very poor quality.
The china rugs are were also available in difference sizes.

Here you see the china rug and the typical rug killer ...

IMG_6961 (resized).JPEGIMG_6961 (resized).JPEGIMG_9333 (resized).JPGIMG_9333 (resized).JPG
#4878 1 year ago

Also luminated sideart was talked about some month ago.

#4915 1 year ago

There is "Alien" and "Alien" ....
The original machines from heighway used mirco playfields. I have no issues after 3 years now.
The repro machines are from Pinball Brothers and the playfield are from BuT Hamburg.

Quoted from zaphX:

Is Alien another Mirco playfield?

So what kind of Alien

Quoted from gliebig:

My Alien playfield chipped off a chunk by the upper flipper in less than 50 plays.

So what kind of Alien ...

#4941 1 year ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Appreciate all the discussion and links to potential solutions/preventions to the issue (which is not the Chinaman), however we might want to wait to hear later this month what Rensh has to say about a DP solution or plan of action.

BTW, mine is just as bad or worse than jyeakley 's pic above. I'm not touching my star post until there's a solution though, since mine is already flaked off and will get way worse as soon as I take the post off.

I know , it is a bad situation but give DP a chance.
Barry is a businessman and he will take action !! I am sure.
We will see, but I would document the areas and serialnumber of playfield and pin with pictures **BEFORE** starting any action with washer, iron, etc , pp ....

#4949 1 year ago
Quoted from jbigdoggf:

is threre any real difference besides serial number and plaq for the early acheivers version. ?

Also were the early versions having issues with playfield? Trying to determin if I buy one locally or wait and put in new order

1. The apron

2. No

#4953 1 year ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

So, were the earlier versions playfield made by micro, or a different manufacturer?

Mirco .. but maybe screenprinted, not digital UV printed.
And most of them had several years time to rest

#4967 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Spooky is using Bader last I heard, and I think they still screen print.

Also AP is using Bader. I dont know this firm, in the net you find no informations about them.
I have a LOV and had a look on the playfield, normal dimples after 300 games. I do not use a protector. So that is quite normal. But for me the print is not so good as on other games, the black is more a anthrazit/grey , the colors are not really "full". But .. no issues , a very thin layer of clearcoat. Very nice.

#4971 1 year ago

Very nice informations.

I like the repros from BuT here in germany. I know that he produces both ways: Silkscreen and digital print.
His T2 repro playfields with correct fluoroscent colors are highend. Peter from BuT told me that it depends on the graphics if silkscreen or digital. Alien repro machines for eksample get digital print due the graphics are not possible for silkscreen ... say photoshop.
I am one of the guys ordering WOZ "blind" and waited 3 years for the game to arrive. i had no issues with the playfield. It was perfect from day one until I sold the games years later. The whole first run of WOZ was outstandong quailty (mechanics, cabinett with printed would and clearcoat!) but than it became worse and worse. So up to JJPotC I ordered all games and was pissed about the "3 disc discussion" and passed on this game.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Bader did the original WoZ playfields - the ones where huge chunks of the playfield came off in the pops area and in front of the drop target after a year or so. Apparently JJP's reaction to this (which is less widespread than the crap they accepted from Mirco now) was not good and they burned that bridge with Bader in an ugly way (allegedly) and went to Mirco with the rest of WoZ and The Hobbit - which were screened and pretty bulletproof. Mirco changed to the absolute GARBAGE digital print playfields after Hobbit. In the meantime Bader figured all of it out and went on to make mostly bulletproof playfields for Spooky.

Quoted from Only_Pinball:

CGC has said they are the last company that silk screens the PF. Not sure if accurate.

As written, at least BuT has the option to silkscreen. The repro manufacturer went to digital to provide quick production. Just push enter and the printer will print. Silkscreen is much much more work and needs more accuracy.

But now ... back to topic

1 month later
#5192 1 year ago
Quoted from acupunk12:

Any powder coat suggestions? Color of cabinet seems difficult to match . I was thinking bowling pin white if that’s even possible

I like my trim:
Candy Copper powdercoat and all wireramps real copper. Also the metalframe for the BigLebowski topper is powdercoated in Copper.
Fits perfect.

IMG_9074 (Bearbeitet) (resized).JPGIMG_9074 (Bearbeitet) (resized).JPGIMG_9561 (resized).jpgIMG_9561 (resized).jpgIMG_9573 (resized).jpgIMG_9573 (resized).jpg
#5196 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Is the copper sealed so it doesn't turn green or black from oxidation?

Yes, the ramps are clearcoated. Copper will work and become green within the years. The wire on the apron is not coated and still looking as on the first day but I am sure it "will work".

Due to the needet clear I decided to powdercoat the armor in copper. Real copper would be more expensive and also needs clearcoating.

#5223 1 year ago

I am not a hardcore player but this is my tactics on TBL:

Bowling, Bowling, Bowling
Stacking characters and when all bowling tasks are fullfilled, release character multiball.
This is the way I got my highest games.

Rugmodes , carmodes ... nice to play but will not deliver the points.

Just my opinion, I might be wrong !

1 week later
#5257 1 year ago

I am also on Herbert´s topper.
It is amazing ! A little arduino and a remote control so you can change the appeareance, colors and programms it runs.
Additional he offers speakerlights which correspondend with the topper. Great effect.
Most parts are 3D printed, so you can arrage them as you like to make your personnl topper.
It needs no separate power, a Y-cable for the power is included. The bowling pin is a "original" from Brunswick. To lower the shippingrate you might buy the pin in the US (ebay, etc). Than you have to drill a hole in the pin yourself ... easy doing.

I dont know what Herbert actually charges for the topper, I was a beta-tester but I am very sure you will get a high quailty product for a fair price. If I see this cheapish toppers from the large manufacturers , more expensive than a WPC pin in the old days , I could cry
For TBL you get a topper worth the money !

IMG_3124 (resized).JPEGIMG_3124 (resized).JPEG
#5280 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Where did you get that speaker panel?

This is just a sticker/decal on the original panel. I must check who sold it .... it is pre-cutted, the resolution is not too good.
maybe someone will make it in a better way.

The speakerpanel lightning is also from BigLebowski and is connected to his topper.

1 week later
#5420 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

This is how the new playfields look without art under the posts.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hi Rens

Yes, it is no problem that the art is now missing under posts. I agree.
But if you take a sharp look on the picture, it looks like the clear is shifting. It does not help taht now the print will not be damaged.
You will run in problems with customers *if* the coat is still not hardening / to soft.
So this is not solving a problem and DP is a too quality oriented manufacturer to put a iron with every machine.
So have a look on exactly this machine, I might be wrong.

Just my toughts.

Pinside_forum_7474541_2 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_7474541_2 (resized).jpg
#5425 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

You are correct. Under the slingshots also silicon washers are used as an extra precaution. Under other posts they are not used.

Puhh !!

#5450 1 year ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Agreed. The DP image itself is only 120GB, so 240GB is pointless unless you plan on repartitioning the image.
I haven’t tried a non-SSD drive, but like others said, for $16 on Amazon just snag an SSD and don’t risk the performance issue!

It works with a HDD, but performance breaks. I tried it longer time ago while testing with backups.
So SSD is the way to go.

#5463 1 year ago

Also .. did you change differen USB ports ?
My TBL only accepts USB sticks in one specific port !

1 month later
#5621 11 months ago
Quoted from seah2os:

I realize this is a loaded question on this forum, but I’m looking for experienced opinions and advice. I am either ordering a TBL, or if rumors are correct, waiting for CGC to remake Twilight Zone. To be honest, I’ve never played TBL, but I love the movie/theme. Thoughts? Many Thanks!
[quoted image]

Buy a TBL, used HUO are available from time to time. Play it, have fun and sell it in some years *IF* CGC builds TZ.
So far Europe is waiting for CCr and than next year PF should show up.
So TZ will pop up with some luck end of 2024. No reason to have the money at the bank .. just buy a TBL .

4 months later
#6038 7 months ago

If one of our US american TBL guys would have an eye out for a Folgers coffee box for me, that would be great.
Its not to find over here and on ebay prices are going crazy. Maybe someone finds one on a flee marker or so ...

Pls let me know !

3 months later
#6711 3 months ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

Is there a calibration option for bowling? I feel like mine is off a bit. I had a gap challenge in which I hit a pin and passed the challenge. In Strikes and Spares, it seems like I hit pins reasonably solidly but don't get credit at times.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9x448ip0ib4shvq/AAACf-gf-VRBhe9f69kmL8wAa?dl=0

Check for "Bowling Alley FAQ"

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.50
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TomDK.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread?tu=TomDK and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.