IMG_5893 (resized).jpeg
735513270 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #3858 Latest version service FAQ from DP can be downloaded here Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4026 Release software 1.00 Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4105 Beta manual rules 1.00 software Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4143 Beta rules manual Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4265 Link to orbit protector. Posted by Spelunk71 (1 year ago)

Post #4402 New operational manual 1.00 announced Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4624 Installation Pinmonks fans Posted by ezatnova (1 year ago)

Post #5213 TECH:SYSTEM. Date/time change in BIOS instructions Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #5514 Pictures backbox tbl built end 2022 Posted by jyeakley (1 year ago)

Post #5804 Info for newbies Posted by Rensh (10 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ThePinballCo-op.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1902 3 years ago
Quoted from Ry4bo:

I have had my TBL for a few months and I was seeing if anyone else has experienced these three issues. 1. The game will freeze up (stops registering shots) when the left light look target is hit on occasion. This appears to happen the first game if it hasn't been on for a long time. 2. About half the time the game is turned on it will do a fast clicking noise for a few mins.? 3. The ball return coil in the bowling alley lost some power and is not getting all the way up to the ball release. Any fixes or suggestion would be great.

Dang all these of these sound like a power issue. I don't know the game that well nor do I own it myself (yet) but I'm wondering if all three aren't somehow tied to the same issue?

#1912 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Manual is finally available for download. Manual is mainly explanation testmenu and gamerules at the moment.
It’s meant for code 054 where code released will be 055. But don’t wanna delay it any longer. A manual for rel 055 will follow ASAP. Software always outruns the manual
Normal res:
https://www.dutchpinball.com/files/manuals/Dutch_Pinball_2021_The_Big_Lebowski_Pinball_Manual.pdf
High res:
https://www.dutchpinball.com/files/manuals/Dutch_Pinball_2021_The_Big_Lebowski_Pinball_Manual_HIRES.pdf

I have the game on order but I've purposely not been watching a lot of streams so that I can be surprised when I finally play it. I just peaked at the manual and the only thing I saw was about profiles! COOL! So it'll keep track of all my progress, I did not know that!

I wish other pins did this.

1 week later
#1930 3 years ago

The one thing this game desperately needed was an updated code. Well done dp!

Does anyone have a stream going? I want to see some of it.

#1936 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

I don’t have a streaming rig but just played 10 games or so.
Polish, polish and more shiny polish! Love the updates! Gameplay is a little deeper (with extra balls coded in and add-a-ball for nihilist mode, etc) but the biggest benefits here to me is all the new polish. Some new light shows, callouts, clever use of lights to attract your attention, new screen graphics and animations, easier to follow your progress on screen during gameplay, new diagnostic tools and settings within the menus, tweaks to the scoring and multipliers, bowling alley tweaks (love the new lighting there too) This is a really great step in the right direction.
Can’t wait to see what they come up with next!!

This is a very good sign for the game and dp in general. Very well done. Thank you for this detailed description.

Quoted from Rensh:

As you wish. Not my best game but gives you an idea. Hope Youtube will not block is for the US

It worked, yes. Thank you!

1 week later
#2014 3 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

It seems that they have run out of "Ottomanson Ottohome Runner Rug, 3'3" X 5', Red Heriz" rugs, but if anyone has found other nice replacements, please post a link!

Oh no! That rug really tied the whole game together.

2 weeks later
#2087 2 years ago
Quoted from The_Pump_House:

If you ordered a TBL today, what is the wait time?

9 months to a year, leaning more towards the year I believe.

But if production ramps up (rumored to be true?) it could be sooner.

2 weeks later
#2170 2 years ago

I’m huge into pinball and think TBL will be better for me. GnR is more of a visual masterpiece, but I feel it’s less of a players game than TBL.

I’m started to dislike these games that last 30-40 minutes. I had a 250 million ball one on Avengers last week and I just drained it and plunged the rest. It’s not a challenge, it’s a grind. From what I gather, GnR is similar, TBL is not.

I hope that’s right, anyway.

#2174 2 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Wow. If you can dominate Avengers like that, TBL will not be a challenge.

I hear it plays like Williams/Bally 90s games. I love AFM and MM. I don’t mind easy games, it’s the grind that I hate. If you have to grind you way to points, it’s not fun for me.

#2183 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

I'm a huge code guy, love my wizard modes!
My concern and hesitancy about getting a TBL, is that although the code is apparently fun, it's not complete.
For what I understand, the objectives to getting to a wizard mode (which I don't believe exists yet) are also almost impossible.
Is that accurate?

IMO, Wizard Modes should be nearly impossible. I had a Dialed In and I put it on the hardest setting, got Wizard Mode once in four years. I still remember it. Heart was pumping. I purposely never watched any video of it before so it was a total surprise to me. One of my greatest pinball moments. haha, I managed to reach it while waiting for my wife to get ready to go somewhere, just remembered that.

I also had R&M and Monster Bash... wizard modes galore. Kind of boring after a while. Sold them both after maybe just 8 months each.

If it's not challenging, it gets too boring too quick.

#2192 2 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

I heard that the illuminated apron is on backorder.
Anyone else waiting for them to come back in?

I ordered one.

I don't even have a TBL.

Yet.

#2195 2 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

Nice! So you're waiting on it?

Yup. Patiently. Ordered only a couple months ago.

#2207 2 years ago
Quoted from DrBernd:

I joined the club yesterday with #507.
Have a nice time, Dudes!

PROVE IT

#2209 2 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

Well, I am on the list for a TBL... I am just way far...

You're being very un-dude.

#2214 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

That means - between Feb and end May roughly speaking DP produced 54 games. That is 13.5 games per month - might be a long wait for some of us yet.
FYI

I'd love to see your math on that. I also wonder how many EAs are left to be built. If they can get through the EAs, they'd make so much more money on this game.

13.5 per month = 162 per year, and this is in a covid season with suppliers running short on deliveries. That's not too shabby.

#2219 2 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

A lot. In the neighborhood of 125ish as far as I'm aware. Unfortunately, delivery of EA games has moved at a glacial pace - approx 8 or so over the last year with #64 being last known. I'm very thankful to have finally received my TBL (#59) last Oct., but I feel for all the EA's still hanging on.

Wow. At this pace it'd take another 8 years to fulfill those orders.

If they could ramp up production and get to their next game (Queen, if I remember?) they would absolutely clean house.

#2236 2 years ago
Quoted from Shabazz18:

Yikes. Mirco makes them? I've been thinks very hard about ordering one, not so sure if that's the case. GnR is a disaster and I'm stuck with a CE and bad Mirco PF

I haven't heard of any playfield issues with TBL.

#2242 2 years ago
Quoted from splitcms:

Does anyone know how long the current wait is for this game? I don’t have a deposit placed yet but I am considering it

I would expect anything between 8 and 18 months, with 10-14 being around the timeframe for most people.

I hope they are able to ramp up production soon. They are sitting on a literal gold mine with no end in sight.

1 week later
#2286 2 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Email Dutch @ [email protected], They will send an invoice and a link to pay via PayPal typically.

I did this a month ago and they replied that I had to wait for supplies to be shipped so they could make more. Just fyi.

#2288 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

What is your ETA or did you receive it?

It never went any farther than that...

Maybe I should reach out again.

3 weeks later
#2364 2 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

These are going in on my Lebowski. Can you guys share your mods? I am also making a coffee container and I am thinking I will do the wireform set in copper.
(The In n Out sign is free in Thingiverse, I am just not very good painting. ).
[quoted image]

Where did you get the pins and where will they go in the game?

2 weeks later
#2436 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Got some good news which I can share with the owners on the software front
Within 2 weeks rel 056 is expected to be released which will be mostly bug fixes. After that version DP wants to shift focus from overdue maintenance (but now finished with 056 as far as software can ever be bug free) on the code to expanding the code and work on rel 1.0. So this means new modes, clips (Bunny!), end wizzard, more bowling alley variety, etc..
Good news for us owners!

I gotta say, dp doing all the right things. Builds are slow, but communication is pretty good, code is improving, and the confidence in the company is growing.

Keep it up dp! I wanna see you guys succeed, and I wanna buy more games!

#2449 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Than the clicking sound reported by several new users.
When I read Soulriders email last night late I recognized the sound being the safety relais in the PS in the backbox and as it was a new shipment I was hoping for a loose connector due to shipment, hence the mail to Soulrider to check the connector on the PS where the safetycircuit is connected to the PS.
However, when I saw today the reports on Pinside that Soulrider wasnt the only one I reached out to the factory and they also just got the message something was wrong with several of the last shipment of TBLs (all tested prior to shipping ofcourse).
Something is wrong in the safety circuit for sure but its a complex circuit consisting of several parts, among which the P3ROC. They are doing now an investigation to identify which part is wrong so we can determine next step. Its however weekend and this research can take some time/days to identify the cause and to know what the remedy is.
I apologize for the inconvenience and understand how frustrating it can be to finally get your TBL and than still not be able to enjoy it ☹
Can only say it has full attention and things have been set in motion to fix this asap for all envolved.
As soon as there is more info we will get back to you.
No worries, us Dudes take care of each other. But man, building pinballs is a hard job for sure. Not a job a lazy Dude should begin with

mUv6sEv (resized).jpegmUv6sEv (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#2510 2 years ago

How did these games make it out of the factory? I thought all games were tested.

Not placing blame, just trying to figure out a game gets from point A to point B and then an issue pops up. Feels weird that a board could be just fine in the testing phase and then only a few weeks (or less) later it doesn't work.

I hope this is the issue. If the new board doesn't solve it.... whoa boy...

#2516 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Whoa boy what? You just keep after it until it is solved.

Yeah that's what I mean. "Whoa boy" as in..... what the heck else could it be? It's not a mechanical issue.

Quoted from Rensh:

All games are really tested which makes it even stranger. What’s also strange only US TBLs have it. Also strange.

Huh... that is bizarre. And like TomDK said, the only difference is the outlet power. But not all TBLs in that batch are experiencing the same issues, right? So weird. Never heard of anything like this. Good on you guys for potentially finding the issue.

#2518 2 years ago

Nicely done. Good work TBL crew!

I'd really love to see this game continue to be one of the best ever made and then to see dp do even more beyond TBL.

Confidence is growing!

2 weeks later
#2617 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Well I am elated to report my TBL has 48v power back! I found ther culprit almost by accident. It ended up being a bad connection point at the coin door release switch to the interface board. I am going to remove the board and reflow solder as it appears it not the connector as it has a solid connection.
I still have clicking, but at least now I can play the game. I want to again, thank Rensh for working though this with me.
[quoted image]

That had not occurred to us, dude.

Congrats!

1 week later
1 week later
#2745 2 years ago

Video unavailable.

Can you post a direct link?

1 week later
#2781 2 years ago

If it lights up I like B better. if not, I like A better.

cpr please put one of everything aside for me. I think I've asked you this before but I just want to make sure. When you're done with that spinning bowling sign I'll get everything.

1 month later
#2968 2 years ago
Quoted from Junkhauler:

Decided to hang my rug on the wall and made a Lewbowski White Russian Station.....
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Way to make me jealous...

That's a hell of an idea. The rug can easily be seen all the time, and it doesn't get worn down by being on the ground. Excellent idea.

#3010 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

So, got my hands on the work of Koen till now on his quest to rel 1.00. So not a beta release 1.00, just status till now realizing still a lot of work is going to be done.
The Changelog is already an arm long with 1023 words
Those wanting more function in the bowling will be pleased. Also it has been made easier to get to the final wizzard but this is all software adjustable for those who want it set to hard. More rules are and will be added, animations (believe already 100+ new are done), sounds, etc. It’s the full package.
So, no worries, rest assured, the best men are on the case and it’s coming
And no, there is no fixed date for the release. Asap is the answer. But rel 1.00 is coming and is the main focus for programmer Koen [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This is the kind of thing that'll make some great noise in the pinball world.

Imagine if dp made all EAs whole on top of creating a great-working game with code to completion. This would make me feel very confident in purchasing their next title, whatever it may be.

2 months later
#3164 2 years ago
Quoted from karl:

Hi,
EA Nr 132 (If I remember correctly) here.
I have not been following how everything goes in Dutch Pinball land for almost 2 years. Mostly because I figured it would take a long time before machines would start showing up with EA owners.
Does anybody know the status, and when DP hope to speed things up? How many machines have they sold, and how many EA's have received their machine?
PS! If this is the wrong thread for this, I apologize.
Cheers
Karl

EA is in the early 70s... 70, 71, 72... around that.

DP has tried to speed things up if I understand correctly, but the cost of supplies and shipping has slowed things down.

2 weeks later
#3221 2 years ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

So three days ago, I put down a deposit on a new TBL, and today I finished reading all 65 pages of this thread. Now what the heck am I supposed to do while I’m waiting?! ...
Seriously, though, I can’t begin to tell you how thrilled I am that these are being made once again. As “The Big Lebowski” is one of my all-time favorite films, when I heard all those years back that a pin was being made based upon it, I thought I might do anything I needed to do in order to get one. I was following along like all of you, agonizing at the snail-like pace that machines were being assembled, and then worrying when all the “troubles” began. I was saddened when it reached the point when it looked like DP was going to be done for good, envying those that had gotten their machines, lamenting a missed opportunity, and chalking it up to fate. Shortly thereafter, I managed to get a NIB BM66 Premium (based upon the recommendation of a friend), and two years later, a NIB Beatles Platinum, with both machines being very enjoyable and fulfilling.
Fast forward to the beginning of this week; I’m now retired, so I have a lot of time on my hands. I was dutifully checking the “What machine did you bring home today?” thread, as I do on a daily basis, and there was someone with a NIB TBL. “How could this be?” I asked myself. “I thought that was done years ago?” Subsequently I found this thread (along with “TBL Preorder Club” thread), and to my amazement, discovered that not only were these threads active, but recently so, with people getting their pins, code updates, fixes, people adding mods, and the like. I did some Google searches, and found that CT was taking deposits! Holy smokes!
I went back to the threads, starting at the beginning, and immersed myself some more and quickly discovered a wonderful group of people who shared a great love for this game. I saw a vast community supporting each other with solving of problems and such, and quickly learning who the important posters were [most certainly Rensh with his vast knowledge and contact with DP, cpr9999 and his mods, and later on, KoenHeltzel letting everyone know when new code was ready (seriously, what other company does that?!)], and quickly came to the conclusion that no matter what, I had to put down a deposit on this game! I did so three days ago, so now the waiting begins. In the meantime, I’ll have to be content with living my life vicariously through you all, experiencing the thrill of a newly-delivered TBL (I was soooo happy when Tuna_Delight announced to everyone that he finally got his!), the disappointment of a new problem rearing its ugly head, the relief when that problem gets solved by the community, the excitement of a new code update, and so forth. Also, I suppose I'll start collecting some mods and looking at rugs...
I’m looking forward to all of your continuing posts here, and I can’t wait until I can join you all in owning this tremendous machine!
(OK; I'll shut up now... )

Dang this was a pretty fun read!

I had a similar reaction in the initial stages, and when I learned that dp was making games again, I thought I'd wait it out and watch them get delivered before I plunked down a deposit. I'm glad I did and the wait is nearing an end with an expected deliver in the first half of this year since my deposit was March 2021.

I have seen pictures and some video, but for the most part I've tried to keep myself in the dark about this game so that when I play it, it's all new to me. I also have tons of mods ordered in boxes and ready to be added to the game, and a topper on the way. I may have gone overboard with mods!

And yes, the TBL community is great. When problems arise, there are several people ready to respond to fix it, most notably Rensh, who was so active with updates, news, and problem solving that it's why I ultimately decided to buy the game.

Thanks for sharing, welcome to the club!

2 weeks later
#3305 2 years ago

I don't mean to be a complainer, but there's already a thread dedicated to TBL support. It would be great if all that stuff was put over there to keep everything organized so when people look for ways to fix their games, they aren't searching through 2 or 3 different threads.

This thread should be for all non-support related posts.

1 month later
#3376 2 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Nice man! I went with the Ralphs card [quoted image]

Is that your only form of ID?

#3390 2 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Anyone have a video of gameplay with custom music from the movie at all? Thanks

It definitely exists as a video somewhere in this thread. Not sure what key phrase to search but if you give it a couple minutes you will find it.

2 weeks later
#3483 1 year ago
Quoted from Chopper36:

Hi Rens, do you know if the bowling pin fix is going to available anytime soon? I have a broken pin and I am holding off fixing until I can get the parts. No sense taking out the bowling alley twice.Thanks

You could do the fix right now if you wanted to: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/70#post-6885466

4 weeks later
#3534 1 year ago
Quoted from tk375:

Great option for us who will probably never get side armor for Lebowski. These flipper botton protectors from Titan Pinball are literally invisible. They are not mylar. They are similar to wall decals and are extremely easy to remove. I highly recommend them.
[quoted image][quoted image]

The ones on their website appear to be different than the ones you are showing on your game: https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=138

the-big-lebowski-walter (resized).pngthe-big-lebowski-walter (resized).png

#3536 1 year ago

I am FINALLY a part of this club! I wanted to own this game since it was revealed, and never thought I'd have the chance. I am beyond stoked!

Game is well build, high quality parts, sturdy, heavy, solid. There were not issues or problems beyond a "bend this" here and a "lift that" there. Game plays as it should. The sound is amazing, the gameplay is impressive, the variation of shots and things you can do is great!

Dutch Pinball really hit a home run here. I can't wait to see the finished code. If Dutch makes another game, I'll absolutely be interested.

59D63F9F-5071-4827-BDAA-AFDE172D4BE2 (resized).jpeg59D63F9F-5071-4827-BDAA-AFDE172D4BE2 (resized).jpeg641F4F68-8B06-4114-9863-9EDB8F27A4D8 (resized).jpeg641F4F68-8B06-4114-9863-9EDB8F27A4D8 (resized).jpeg
#3541 1 year ago

The game is available for the public to play @ The Pinball Co-op, the only place in all of New England you can find this game on location!

Quoted from tk375:

Congratulations! having said that...
PLASTIC PROTECTORS! PLASTIC PROTECTORS! WATER VINYL TUBING ON BOWLING PINS. Don't use pinball rubbers for the bowling pins, they will make them bounce more and will still break.

Uhh.... dang! I literally just spent an hour putting rubbers on. I have vinyl tubing.

Plastic protectors eh? I may have ordered some already, I'll have to check.

Thank you, fellow dude.

1 week later
#3561 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

?? After the face? What does this mean? If you mean afterwards the answer is yes

Typo I bet. I'm sure he meant after the fact.

#3573 1 year ago
Quoted from funkycoucou:

Hey dudes, what is "5000 ?" at the top right which add points to you...? if you go piss and come back it makes you 1-2 million more...you better drink a lot of white russians
[quoted image]

Looks like you have a stuck switch perhaps?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3583 1 year ago

I'm looking at adding a chrome coin door. I was told that any Bally/Williams door will do, is that true?

This? http://www.pinballdecals.com/ChromeDoorPage.html

If I'm wrong, can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

1 week later
#3599 1 year ago
Quoted from ThePlumber:

my left loop goes SDTM almost every single time.

Have any velcro? Put one small piece of it at the end of the rail where the ball comes out and it'll kick nicely each time to the left flipper. Doesn't look too bad, and you can easily remove it if you don't like it.

1 week later
#3618 1 year ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Excellent. Thanks! Where do you order them from? Direct from DP?

I told Melissa (Cointaker) that I wanted the apron, she replied OK.

Then the day arrived to pay my bill and it was $600 short, so I emailed her back and she told me she forgot to include the apron in my bill / order. She fixed it on the spot and it was installed when it arrived.

I never contacted DP about the apron, just Melissa.

#3639 1 year ago
Quoted from thewool:

I can't see this question being asked in the thread but apologies if it's a repeat.
I played TBL last week for the first time and LOVED it. That wasn't a total surprise as it's my #1 movie of all time, but the design of the game and theme integration blew me away. The game felt old school with nice mechs, the modes seemed fun with a cool upper and lower pf. I hear that more code is coming so the game can only get better.
Before last week my next pin was intended to be Godzilla but now my heart is leaning towards TBL. GZ also has excellent theme integration, good flow with some super sweet code.
My question... are there any owners that possess both GZ and TBL? I was just wondering which one you suggest and why? Cheers.

I have played quite a bit of both. I own TBL and get to play GZ quite a bit down at the co-op.

If you want depth of rules and code, GZ is the way to go.

If you want artistry, humor, and cleaner shots, TBL is the winner.

More heart-pounding action and crazy gameplay? Godzilla.

A game that's easier to play and newer pinball players will gravitate towards? TBL.

When you go to sell either one, TBL will probably net you a higher return, but both will have a market for second hand games.

If it was my only pin or if I only had 3 or fewer in my house, I'd honestly buy Godzilla. TBL is best in a larger collection.

#3642 1 year ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Any pointers on how to adjust the mystery scoop so that it doesn’t throw it SDTM?
I tried adjusting the coil side to side with minimal change. I also tried adjusting the the coil strength as well…
My next thought is to try and adjust the scoop itself a little, but it doesn’t seem like there is much room to adjust?

I haven't needed to adjust my TBL scoop, but on previous games (ACNC, R&M) I simply grabbed the hood of the scoop and twisted it a tad with my bare hands. Worked like a charm and it didn't need to be moved much.

1 week later
#3654 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Been testing a new beta release 1.00 software. Programmer Koen is really bringing TBL together . This ofcourse with the help of people making the video and audio assets. New callouts from the Stranger have been recorded .
Small teaser of the start of the Final wizzard. Music during wizzard to be changed.
Slowly but surely progress is made

That's awesome.

Is it going to be programmed like a Stern so that you can play the wizard mode right away if you want? I only ask because I see "ball one" on the screen as if it's the first thing being played.

#3660 1 year ago

Unsolicited feedback (which everyone loves...)

It'd be great if the code was a little deeper. Collecting 100 spinner spins gives you "Bunny Multiball" or a combination of X spins, Y ramps and Z pops gives you "Jackie Treehorn's Mansion Multiball" or whatever.

Just something else so there's more to shoot for at times.

#3665 1 year ago

You should really write this in the maintenance thread so it's all in one place. Plus, someone there may have already written your answer in a previous reply.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-lotta-ins-a-lotta-outs-tbl-maintenance-thread/page/26#post-7016665

#3678 1 year ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Hey dudes. Question for you all. Tonight I had some friends over and Lebowski was having an odd upper flipper issue. The upper flipper would sporadically just not work in gameplay. I did go into the test menu and flipper button switch would register perfectly fine. I also tested the solenoid, and it seemed fine as well. I would love some help if anyone else has experienced this. It was almost like with consistent gameplay the coil would just stop working?
Cheers, thanks for the help.

Two things:

1) This is the club thread. You should post this stuff to the maintenance thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-lotta-ins-a-lotta-outs-tbl-maintenance-thread

2) I'm not next to my game right now, but I'm fairly certain the fight flipper is a double-switch mechanism. Make sure when you press the flipper that the leafs on the switch are lined up properly, and that they make good solid contact (not just barely connecting). If that all looks good, take some isopropyl alcohol and clean it with a q tip.

#3683 1 year ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Is the playfield able to be removed relatively easily? I am looking to do a side art install and want to minimize challenges

I agree with per3per3, but just for the sake of answering the question:

Take off the garage roof. One screw in the back, 3 screws on the top, 4 on the ramp and that's it. Comes off very easily.

1 week later
#3735 1 year ago
Quoted from Nstone4425:

All my communication with Rensh this far has been absolutely stellar. I had a couple questions before I purchased this title and his response time was incredible.

I second this. Rensh is literally the ONLY reason I felt confident enough to make this purchase. I would have passed otherwise.

#3750 1 year ago

I just want to express my gratitude to the whole Dutch Pinball crew. This game is rock solid. The board on the MPF was bad but that's not Dutch Pinball's fault. They sent me a new one and the game has been flawless since. There were no other issues with the game. Solid build, solid game, great theme, etc. It's one of the all time greats for sure.

Rensh I know you asked me to take pictures but I can't for the life of me figure out what you want lol. The game is also not at my house but on location so people can play it. I can tell you that zero of the board from the MPF is touching anything anywhere underneath. There are two screws acting as a barrier that touch other parts of the game but that's it. The MPF board itself is untouched anywhere except for where it makes contact with the MPF.

#3772 1 year ago
Quoted from CALencio:

It's a pretty clear path, stairwell is wide, may need to be lifted above the hand rail to make the turn which would require leg removal.
Or the machine could just be kept folded up as its shipped and brought up without issue? I think 4 people could do it up the stairwell. The rest is easy. Big wide doors.
I live in Alameda, CA

I've lifted quite a few pins up a set of stairs and I did it twice solo. I'm not a strong guy. When I have a second person below the game just constantly pushing on it the venture is 10x easier. That's all I ever needed. It's only 300-350 pounds or so and most of that weight is on the downward vector.

I would take the pin out of the box and off of the pallet, fix it to a furniture dolly, ask a second person for help by pushing on the bottom of the game as I go up, and that would do it. It's easier than you think.

Don't use a big wheeled dolly. Just use a normal one.

Screen Shot 2022-07-29 at 3.02.18 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-07-29 at 3.02.18 PM (resized).png

1 week later
#3815 1 year ago

Can we talk TBL settings for a bit?

I've changed the rug mode setting so that you have to hit the rug just one time to unroll it for every mode. The further back the rug is, the harder it is to activate the switch. I've had a lot more fun playing the game this way.

Oh, and my TBL came with the bowling alley left gutter turned off, right turned on. Not sure why but I left it as is. I need to hit the pins on the left side a tad to activate that I've hit them. I don't know if that's because of the gutter settings or not.

Anyone else change rug mode hits to just one like I did or have the bowling alley settings this way too? What other settings have you changed?

1 week later
#3857 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

I can assure you, software rel 1.00 will only make the best in his kind better. It breaths even more of the theme.

I have zero complaints with theme integration. I already rate that a solid 10 out of 10.

I'd like deeper rules. If the rules aren't deeper then I'll probably be considering this update disappointing tbh. And I wouldn't need much either. Collect 50 spins, 20 pops and 10 ramps for BUNNY multiball playing a version of Viva Las Vegas, with the jackpots being two randomized shots somewhere on the playfield, and when you hit just one it'll randomize to another two shots on the playfield, etc.

I just pulled that out of thin air, I dunno. It's easy to criticize. It's much harder to put into practice.

But I like the code very much as is, so whatever is added on will make me a happy guy.

#3878 1 year ago
Quoted from Klod:

Can any newer build Big Lebowski owners post a pic of where the translite is connected? I had mine out for a couple weeks while troubleshooting off and on with Dutch pinball about another issue. I feel dumb but it’s not clear where it’s plugged in. There is no matching 4 pin connector that I can see in back box. Only relevant pics I’ve found online look like different wiring harnesses in back box.
[quoted image]

It's the 4 pin connector. The two pin plugs into one side of it. I think the connectors have a lip to prevent you from plugging it into the wrong side.

1 week later
#3909 1 year ago
Quoted from Flash71:

cpr9999 Mods are fantastic. No reason to doubt this man. I’ve bought multiple TBL mods from him and have never been dissatisfied. Top notch!

Double this.

Quality guy, great products, don't fret.

3 weeks later
#3954 1 year ago

I do wish I could stack multiballs with modes.

3 weeks later
#4079 1 year ago

Possible bug:

during matchplay today, someone started multi ball and then tilted. The game did not search for a lost ball for about two minutes, and then it finally kicked it out of the scoop.

#4086 1 year ago

This update is amazing. I'm literally in awe.

#4097 1 year ago
Quoted from CALencio:

Who’s got the Donny coffee light mod? How is it holding up? How was the install? Do I need to resolder anything? I can’t tell how it goes on and I don’t want a headache.
Is it tasteful in person? It looks great and the machine could use some more Donny lol
Also 1.0 rocks. Lol

I do. Super fast installation, nothing really to it. It holds up very well. It gets hit with quite a few air balls so make sure you tighten the screw down when you put it in place.

#4107 1 year ago

I've been a pinball enthusiast for over a decade, and have cycled through countless machines at my location through the years. After 5 full hours of play on TBL yesterday, it's my opinion that this code update is single-handedly the greatest update in pinball history. The game is forever transformed into the best-integrated machine of all time and it is unlikely to be surpassed. The action is non-stop, shots are found everywhere, points are found everywhere, and if you're good enough with the new rules you can blow up the game like never before.

-- The new callouts keeps the player engaged and there's no guesswork on where you need to go
-- The hidden jackpots are fun and creative
-- The added characters give the game new life and more smiles (Knox Harrington's laugh.... lol)
-- The bowling ball perks are creative and allows for variation of strategy in every game
-- The car and rug modes are no longer excruciating
-- The extra movie clips keep the game fresh instead of repetitive
-- The shot multipliers add gameplay strategy for high scores
-- There's more variation in the bowling alley shots which keep it fun
-- There are so many movie scenes now. It's a joy to constantly look up at the screen, and to even be able to. The game pauses long enough at those intervals to allow the user to enjoy those moments. Not enough games do that
-- The bonus actually has value (someone got 8 million on their first try last night)
-- The new sounds and new music adds to the audio variation
-- The Mystery awards are fun and not repetitive like last time

I have this game on location at The Pinball Co-op (pay to enter, play as much as you want). Anyway, this game had a line of people playing it all night long. Six hours of constant play in total, and nobody got tired of it. It was like a whole new game. The rules have enough depth to be constantly challenging and entertaining for pinball veterans, while at the same time not being too confusing for pinball noobies. It's literally the perfect balance for everyone. It's like a more-complex and incredibly packed Bally/Williams game. This update alone immediately vaults the value of this machine up another grand or two. Why are people paying more for a Toy Story?

In my opinion: It's the best layout, the best theme-integration, and best ruleset in pinball history.

Bravo, Dutch Pinball. You have a masterpiece.

#4193 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Is the LCD on the machine low res, or does it just have a filter on it to make it appear to be DMD-like?

It's customizable and there are several configurations to choose from. I chose option 6 I believe, which is the closest to LCD imo.

#4229 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

I honestly don't see a difference. Having said this, is there a way to dial in the bowling shots? The right side of mine is off.... I can hit a pin dead on and it acts like it didn't hit it. I have to purposely aim a little to the left of the pin for it to knock it down.

Same, and though I've never messed with the settings, I think it has something to do with having the gutters on and off. I have the right gutter on but the left one off, so everything is skewed left.

That's my guess, I'm not certain if that's the reason or not. That's the way it came out of the box so I just left it.

#4232 1 year ago
Quoted from per3per3:

I could have sworn that there was a setting discussed where you could reduce the number of rug modes required to get the achievement. I just walked through the rules settings and didn't see it. Is there a way to do it?

No. But there is a setting to reduce the number of hits the rug takes between each mode. I reduced that and feel it's much more less aggravating now.

#4252 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Well as I troubleshoot further I'm starting to think it's not the flipper power but the rug sensitivity.
I read the troubleshooting guide about it and confirmed the microswitch fires reliably when the actuator is gapped and I click it with my finger; it just seems like the overall travel required is too much.
- Is this a thing that will "work in" as the mech gets usage? (Game is new)
- Would weaker springs help?
- Would lubrication help?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-lotta-ins-a-lotta-outs-tbl-maintenance-thread/

2 weeks later
#4396 1 year ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

Oh man, had six strikes to start my bowling scorecard (no free strikes from a mystery award). Man I wish I could have finished ten frames.
What’s everyone’s high bowling score on code 1.0?

I think I have a 187-ish. I don't often go for the 10 frames but I had a good game once.

I'm wondering why the code doesn't allow all unfinished games to end with all gutters. What if I had a game with 9 strikes and then I drained? In real bowling, if I started with 9 frames and couldn't finish for any reason, that game would end with a score of 240.

Why is my high score of 187 better than an unfinished game of 240? Shouldn't be that way imo. It'd be cool if a future update could fix that. Perhaps a small ask, but I think it's important to reflect the rules of the USBC.

#4401 1 year ago
Quoted from KoenHeltzel:

That's a good suggestion, I will make it so.[quoted image]

#4405 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Treated myself on a DP logo neon sign today
[quoted image]

Where can someone buy dp signs such as these?

Asking for research purposes.

1 month later
#4732 1 year ago

Damnit. I found pooling and chipping around the posts. I didn't even see anything then a tiny chip popped off and I thought "what in the heck was that flying across the playfield?"

Came to this thread and wham, issues with others as well. Damnit. DAMNIT! 13k game with add ons that pushes it to 15k-ish and this happens. I can't blame DP. They have been awesome imo and they work hard to make sure everyone is happy. I'll just play and wait and see card. I mean, they just mailed me some bowling pins after I offered to pay for them. Gotta love that.

My serial is DO-01-00698, fyi. Should I post pics? I'll post one. That is not a reflection, that's paint chipped right off. Most of it is around the bumper posts. Some can be found at the pops.

For what it's worth I just got a new mirco Paragon playfield and it had 2 defects on it. They are so small that you wouldn't see them unless you looked for them, but they are indeed there.

That's a bummer, man. That's a bummer.

IMG_3644 (resized).JPGIMG_3644 (resized).JPG
#4790 1 year ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Supposed to be at the Rug/scoop area but mine always moves over time, I have never been able to get it to stay in place.

It's funny you guys mention this, I had just tightened mine. The tricky part is that the nut underneath the playfield is the part you actually need to tighten.

I needed to take the standup switch that's next to it off of the playfield to be able to get to the angle necessary to get to the nut. Once I did that it was easier... but not easy. You'll need a strong pair of needle-nose pliers.

1 week later
#4825 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

In regard to the 16062021 playfield code.
Found out that its not a production date but that its the refers to design made 16062021. At that date a design change was made (some minor artwork change I think) and thats what the date stands for. So, all playfields made by the design of 16062021 will carry that mark. See it as a version number.
There is (on most of the playfields) also a timestamp of production. Its however at the backend of the playfield on which you screw the backboard. See attached picture. Not very easy thus to get to but its interesting info to get for sure. Otherwise we will have to go from manufacturing date of the TBL itself. For those who wanna do this, unscrew the backboard (think it are 4 or 5 screws) while playfield is pulled forward resting on its servicerails and make a picture with the selfiecam of your phone and sent it to [email protected] incl your TBL serialno. Thanks
For the rest discussion has ofcourse started to decide best way forward. To be contd asap.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Just to clarify Rensh, who should do this and what's the benefit?

1 month later
#5221 1 year ago

I doubt there's any plans in the works, but:

With TBL on location, I use it in every tournament that I host. Nobody goes for rug modes or car modes since the scoring on those things is minimal. Everyone goes for multiball and jackpots. There's really no other way to play the game in tournaments or leagues.

Is there any plan to address the scoring? You could triple the value of the modes and it would probably be worth going for in tournaments, maybe even 4x.

Does anyone else play TBL in tournaments and leagues? Do you feel the same way?

#5224 1 year ago
Quoted from TomDK:

I am not a hardcore player but this is my tactics on TBL:
Bowling, Bowling, Bowling
Stacking characters and when all bowling tasks are fullfilled, release character multiball.
This is the way I got my highest games.
Rugmodes , carmodes ... nice to play but will not deliver the points.
Just my opinion, I might be wrong !

Yeah if I'm trying to blow up the scores, I do this same exact thing.

It would be really nice to have any of the modes be worth a significant amount so they are worth playing.

#5229 1 year ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Does anyone in the U.S. happen to have an extra TBL bowling pin they would sell me? One of mine broke before installing the limiters. I ordered a few extra bowling pins from Dutch, but my incompetent post office lost the package. It would be nice to avoid the crazy international shipping cost for a replacement. Thanks.

I don't see why these pins can't be made with a 3d printer.

There's gotta be someone here who has figured that out.

2 weeks later
#5374 1 year ago

PinballHaven Sonic

When can we expect your mod to be ready for purchase?

1 month later
#5622 11 months ago

Just in case anybody is wondering about buying this game and reading this thread for clues on how well it holds up:

My TBL is on location at The Pinball Co-op. It's only played twice per week, Wed & Fri 6-10. It has 4500 plays on it, and I've owned it since May of last year.

-- The #4 and #6 pins down below both broke. dp sent free replacements.
-- The plastic on the right stand up target on the dude ramp broke. New target installed with ease.

As far as what broke due to usage, that's it. I had one of the games with a bad upper playfield board and dp sent a new one. I also have chipping and pooling as I'm one of those 100 games to have a bad playfield, but dp is also giving me the option to buy a new one at a significantly reduced value.

All in all, pretty solid machine considering all the moving parts that are in it. It is holding up as well as a Stern would. Great world under glass. The value you're getting for 13k is MORE than the value you're getting for a Stern LE. It's not even close, and I have a FFLE coming my way.

Thanks dutch! Love it!

#5646 11 months ago

TBL was my one and only experience through CT and I'll never go through them again. Poor communication for sure. I purchased TBL, had Alien on order, and wanted to buy a third game. CT had a setup at Pintastic so I went to him (forgot his name) and inquired about buying the third game, and he basically ignored me. Hardly a response, nobody else was around, couldn't care less that I was asking how to give him 10k of my money so that I could buy a game that I know he has in stock.

After that, I cancelled my Alien order. I'll never deal with them again. They don't need my business anyway. I have a feeling that they are so overwhelmed with orders that they can't keep up with the demand, which is why their communication sucks.

The number of people here who have had communication complaints is through the roof. I was very nervous that if I had an issue with the game that I wouldn't be able to contact CT for help. I don't know what their issue really is, but it's been this way for 3-4 years now, and it probably isn't getting any better.

Still, ain't getting a TBL without them, so there's that.

#5666 11 months ago

Omg that video was AWESOME! I loved the whole thing. Barry seems like a very nice guy & good boss. The employees all looked pretty happy doing what they were doing.

The bowling alley assembly blew me away. It has to have its own separate space and crew to put it together! 70 meters or wire alone! WOW! I watched that part a few times. So much to see and hear.

The white russian pour was very cool. I thought those came pre-assembled. I could have watched that half an hour lol. So satisfying.

The original white wood at 9:50. That thing should be hanging on a wall or something. So weird to see it on a pallet in the center of the facility just laying around.

The whole process was very fun to see. Dutch really has their stuff together. I love my game, it's my number one game of all time by far. I actually just reached "The Dude Abides" for the first time only a couple hours ago (no extra balls). Pretty stoked to do that and then come home and see this video. It's like someone is telling me to order another TBL or something!

Thanks dp! Such a great tour and I really look forward to seeing what's next. Based on what we all just saw today, you're going to kill it!

IMG_4022 (resized).JPGIMG_4022 (resized).JPG
#5690 11 months ago
Quoted from mjmpin:

I have the opportunity to get a NIB unit s/n 770ish built ~ may/Jun 2022 - so no way of seeing playfield
still a risk ?

My understanding is that only playfields between 500-600 were affected.

I could be wrong, but this is what I remember.

2 months later
#5912 8 months ago

When is the last day I can place another order for TBL? The one I have at the co-op is doing great, but I want one at my house.

7 months later
#7139 27 days ago
Quoted from MikeHogue:

Ordered 10-19-2014
Arrived 3-22-2024
This game is amazing and plays flawlessly right out of the box! So happy to finally have The Big Lebowski in my collection! Thank you Dutch Pinball for keeping this dream theme for me alive! Also, Melissa at Cointaker got me an Early Achiever game when it looked like my opportunity had passed. Really looking forward to what’s coming next! Thanks again to everyone at Dutch Pinball!
[quoted image]

~10 years. Wow. At least it got done. Kudos to you and to the guys at Dutch for pulling through when all looked lost.

#7142 26 days ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

I'm already in the design stage (or idea phase) to use this image and replicate that into the lower PF as art blades! make my own thin boards and probably use the correct color/sizes of vinyl tape for the bottom..then get off me arse and 3d print those stars and somehow backlight those (as shown in the film here). It's on a long list of projects, but the idea is solid. If someone wants to take this idea and perfect it (and sell it).. well that's ok as well
[quoted image]

That would look awesome.

I'm a little surprised nobody has thought of making such things for the lower playfield yet. Such a vast space to work with, and what I would assume to be easy install.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 22.50
15,000 (OBO)
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ThePinballCo-op.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread?tu=ThePinballCo-op and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.