flipper position (3) (resized).jpeg
IMG_6626 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_archive_792_848601.jpg
Pinside_forum_7890198_0.jpg
Pinside_archive_876_2670498.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #3858 Latest version service FAQ from DP can be downloaded here Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4026 Release software 1.00 Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4105 Beta manual rules 1.00 software Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4143 Beta rules manual Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4265 Link to orbit protector. Posted by Spelunk71 (1 year ago)

Post #4402 New operational manual 1.00 announced Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4624 Installation Pinmonks fans Posted by ezatnova (1 year ago)

Post #5213 TECH:SYSTEM. Date/time change in BIOS instructions Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #5514 Pictures backbox tbl built end 2022 Posted by jyeakley (1 year ago)

Post #5804 Info for newbies Posted by Rensh (10 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Soulrider911.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2406 2 years ago

Hey Folks so my TBL is scheduled to arrive this Thursday after waiting almost 2 years! I think I saw somewhere a todo list for new games. What tweaks, adjustments etc... should I be prepared to make? Thank you!

#2409 2 years ago

Reznnate are you saying the main subway (which I assume is metal) scratches the balls?

#2419 2 years ago

Wow that wubway and the metal in general looks very unfished and well... pretty darn rough?

#2425 2 years ago

Think when I get mine, do a little light wet sanding and polish

#2432 2 years ago

got my game today!! Just turned it on... no sound any ideas. thank you

#2434 2 years ago

they where all connected, but i pushed them a lil and that was it. thankyou! Also qq my bowling alley launcher deal is not centered is that something I can adjust?

#2438 2 years ago

Hey folks! Just got my Lewboski yesterday and have been trying to dial it in. Check out the video below... My Meanwell power supply is constantly switching. no idea what is causing this. When I fired it up last night this was not an issue. No credit dot present no issues present in the menu.

Symptoms:
- On fresh startup after booting, the power supply begins to cycle constantly.
- IF the coin door is opened temporarily stops (makes me think its a 24v and or 12 issue as opening the door cuts power to the coils)
- If a game is started power cycling ceases.

#2440 2 years ago

jukeboxtim I also messaged Melissa about this just an FYI. You might want to as well.

#2442 2 years ago

Got a reply from Rensh thank you. Sadly my situation has worsened, now my coin door, start, launch button all have no power… and I see 1 error on the screen. I did find a blown fuseF104, but the manual has nothing it on fuses, and these tiny fuses are impossible to read... as far as I can tell it says 1T1,6L 250V any clue what that means

Without being able to access the menus kinda a sitting duck

This is what the advice was:

“The relay you are hearing is part of the protection circuit enabling disabling the 48V circuit. Dependable on state of the relay the playfield will get 48V yes or no.

Left to the three wires on the right you see a small plug. This goes to your coindoor if I am not mistaking. Can you reseat this connector and try again?”

#2444 2 years ago

Thanks cpr9999 any idea what this fuse is? Says T1,6L 250v ? I have on hand 1amp - 6amp 250v fuses

#2446 2 years ago

Wow seems this is effecting. A few people, I’m surprised. According to a fellow owner Dutch pinball uses a different set of power components in the backbox on the newer rims. Makes me wonder how these passed testing

#2450 2 years ago

Thank you so much for the prompt support Rensh cant tell you how much I appreciate the great communication on this! New $h!t has come to light man… this is a lot more ahhh ahhh complex man

ACBCAD8E-EAF9-4B4C-A7F0-127EDC9272EF (resized).jpegACBCAD8E-EAF9-4B4C-A7F0-127EDC9272EF (resized).jpeg
#2451 2 years ago

All the fuses on that board are fast blow I’m assuming ?

#2461 2 years ago

Thanks Rensh is it safe to play the game with this issue?

#2465 2 years ago

Could also use felt tape on the edges of the playfield to avoid needing protectors

#2467 2 years ago

bemmett yes. When does yours stop? Symptoms seems to be: clicks on startup, if coin door is open clicking stops. If a game is started clicking stops, when sitting in attract mode clicking starts

#2476 2 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

My biggest problem to date is the orbits both left and right. Get SDTM on them like 90% of the time which is really frustrating. I have tied bending the orbit lanes slightly but there is very little give especially on the left side. Do people have this problem or a better solution. Pretty frustrating as can't do skill shot on plunge cause that is instant death and I'm basically avoiding them during play where it will make a full orbit cause I know it's coming.

Yes Dude... I have found on my game (only played 2 games LOL) however, my right Orbit almost 90% SDTM expecially if it was really nailed. I am yet to inspect the ball guides.

#2484 2 years ago

Glad your loving it @mk6pin. Be curious to see if when you turn the game off and turn it back on the clicking starts again…

#2493 2 years ago

Interesting @mk6pin. Yes the clicking is the power supply we have been experiencing. The dinging sounds like an additional sound coming through the speakers?

#2495 2 years ago

Yes Rensh is amazing with prompt responses.

#2505 2 years ago

Sadly my situation seems to have worsended... At least previously I just had clicking on the power supply, now there is some mystery of a power issue, in which the game gets no coil power

#2507 2 years ago

Sadly no, have not heard from Rensh in a bit. I know they are busy, and I have been patient… for like 2 years lol… but as of now I have a 12k paper weight

#2509 2 years ago

EDIT: I posted this right at the same time as Rensh ... JINX

Just heard from the Dude, apparently, those of us experiencing power supply-related issues may have a faulty board. They are going to do some tests and get back to us. The good news it sounds like the great folks at Dutch Pinball have narrowed down the issue. I have the utmost faith in them!

1 week later
#2569 2 years ago

Did some more testing on my TBL. Thanks to Rensh for all the support. I think I have narrowed it down. I am still unsure if the P-Roc is the culprit, but its hard to tell. I replaced the P-Roc and the same issues are still present (no 48v). I also noticed that I have an LED out on F08, which ironically is the 48V circuit I believe.

IMG_5946 (resized).jpegIMG_5946 (resized).jpeg
#2582 2 years ago

Coin door looks killer! So cool to see everyone getting their games. I hope to get mine running soon.

#2594 2 years ago

Man I hope I can get my game running soon

#2598 2 years ago

cpr9999 unfortunately, I have not even gotten to play a single game. My game has no coil power (48v) circuit. I have been working with Rensh on this issue for about 3 weeks (he has been very helpful and i bet he is getting tired of it too). As much as I am a person of positivity, Just starting to lose faith. It’s been a constant stressor. I am glad it happened to me and not someone who this would have been their only game. I do have others I can play, but I mean… they are not TBL dude. I just pray something changes.

#2603 2 years ago

Thank you . I apologize for sounding like such a downer dudes. Appreciate the help

#2613 2 years ago

Well I am elated to report my TBL has 48v power back! I found ther culprit almost by accident. It ended up being a bad connection point at the coin door release switch to the interface board. I am going to remove the board and reflow solder as it appears it not the connector as it has a solid connection.

I still have clicking, but at least now I can play the game. I want to again, thank Rensh for working though this with me.

IMG_5961 (resized).pngIMG_5961 (resized).png
#2618 2 years ago

Ok after playing a few games, first I LOVE the game. Here are some discoveries I have:

Power Supply Clicking behavior
-- PS Clicking happens on game startup
-- PS Clicking stops during gameplay
-- After a game is played PS clicking stays off
-- After a game is played, if you open and close the coin door for any reason PS clicking starts.

Bowling alley Stepper Motor
-- My bowling alley stepper motor seems to be getting trace power when its just sitting, causing a low "whine." Concerned over time this could cause issues with the stepper motor

Flipper Sticking (though I read someone else having this issue)
-- One of the flippers (right) appeared to be "sticking up" on my game. After inspecting the flipper otpo and interrup I noticed the interrups is just barely going in far enough to cross the opto beam and because the interrupt leg is pretty flimsy plastic... somtimes it does stick and somtimes it does not.
------Solution: I trimmed my flipper button contact slightly (hacky, but works), so the interrupy legs go in farther. If one was so inclined could also use a heat gun and slightly bend.

Orbit Drains
-- I get a LOT of orbit "Donny" drains going both ways. My game is completely level side to side, and sitting at 6.5º
-- Skill shot also will go STDM if I do not engage the Left flipper to hit the ball.

Cheers!

#2625 2 years ago

Thanks for the update Rensh I LOVE my game.

#2648 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Donny exit is good, no cheap drains.
[quoted image]

You got me thinking... here we have the WIP protector + deflector to prevent ball drains. This is made of a 3d printed material that is super tough and rubbery in compund. Still in the testing phase but so far looks promising.
Cheers
IMG_5988 (resized).pngIMG_5988 (resized).png

#2670 2 years ago

Hey dudes! Wow amazing how much response this little idea generated.

I should probably start taking names - in hopes I can mass produce these things.

Some testing.
I realized that some may not want ball deflection as a feature. So I have made a variant that is slotted so the ball does not touch it on its traversal along the guide. Few more tweaks are needed but getting close.

There have been questions about making this for “both sides.” Currently only making it for the right entrance.

Will keep u all posted

A8677B42-789E-4A52-9A07-C6829508A9FB (resized).jpegA8677B42-789E-4A52-9A07-C6829508A9FB (resized).jpeg
#2681 2 years ago

Hey Dudes, I put together a google form to track everyone that wants in on this. (right orbit only at this point) You can sign up here:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Why only the right Orbit?
Currently, I will only be making one for the right orbit, the left will take a bit more work, and might not be possible given the tools I have. The reason for this is there is a post pressed up against the left orbit. That side would require a 2-in-one solution where the post rubber and ramp protector are combined. The good news is the right orbit (from my testing) gets WAY more direct hits to the metal than the left and is the majority contributor to ball damage.

#2688 2 years ago

Look in your backbox, you should find an unconnected, black, 8 pin connector. The Backglass connects to the right 4 pins.

IMG_5999 (resized).pngIMG_5999 (resized).png
#2691 2 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I'll be honest I have no problems with ball hitting the guide(but little extra protection for future never hurts), I am more interested in them cause both my orbits drain like crazy SDTM and I'm sick of it. Tried adjusting both orbits with no luck. These appear they could help and why I'd be interested in left side as well if you find a way.

My right orbit feeds the left flipper perfect... As I am using a protector with slight deflection. Hping I can start making these to help all your SDTM's

#2706 2 years ago

Thought I would share a video update on the Right Orbit protector, apologies for the nasty close up of my finger nail . Should be able to start making these this week. Once again if you would like to sign up here is the sheet:
https://forms.gle/W9aFWGUmiS5nR7Ng7

Video Below

#2710 2 years ago

Started a dedicated topic for the protector to keep things organized. Will be sending out emails today for payment and ordering. Cheers
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-orbit-protector-protect-yer-balls-dude#post-6501476

#2719 2 years ago

Orbit Protector Update
------------------------------------

Hey Folks, the first 10 invoices have gone out, (7 paid and have been shipped). keeping track of the orders manually has proven to be quite challenging for over 40 orders. So for those that have not yet received an invoice please order through Etsy. The advantage is getting proper address information, the variants are easy to set up in the system, and you get tracking and updates. This will streamline the speed at which I can get these out to you all.

Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/FactoryofFun/listing/1088825021/the-big-lebowski-pinball-orbit-protector?utm_source=Copy&utm_medium=ListingManager&utm_campaign=Share&utm_term=so.lmsm&share_time=1632260801866

Thank you!

#2755 2 years ago

I have been thinking more about the unfinished subway ramps, and the potential to damage the balls... I may get mine powder-coated, I have a guy that will do it for like 15 bucks. MIght even be better than polishing... thoughts?

#2782 2 years ago

A is more legible… if I where color blind a also would be much more legible because it has good contrast with the white lettering.

1 month later
#3065 2 years ago

Hey dudes! So I have not played my TBL much and finally getting into it. However, I get a TON of airballs off the Left (Dude) ramp? The shield towards the top seems to not be doing much... almost like it needs to be extended farther. I mean I am getting balls launching themself into the back corner and getting stuck. I tried turning down the flipper power... Any idea or help would be really appreciated... if this continues my payfiled will be a dimple heaven. Rensh and ideas? Cheers!

#3068 2 years ago

Thanks cpr9999

Quoted from cpr9999:

1. Lower playfield plastic window level using the credit card method?
2. Do you have reinforced targets in front of the ramp? The factory stock are crap. You can get at marcospecialties

Ill check in the other TBL thread about the Credit Card Method not sure what that is.
I have the stock targets, ya I should prolly replace those just for good measure... However the airball issue is more with the ramp just launching the balls into flight

#3077 2 years ago

Thanks Rensh ya Never in any game would i expect zero air balls. So being that mine i one of the newer machines it should have the re-enforced stand ups correct?

#3079 2 years ago

Ok will double check the widow thanks all. PS this game is so fun love it

2 weeks later
#3116 2 years ago

Hey folks so I have leveled the playfield window to the best of my ability, also adjusted the lock targets. Still getting serious air balls. It almost feels like the flipper is too strong have other adjusted the flipper power or left stock? Thank you

3 months later
#3434 2 years ago

Interested in the STL as well. Thanks

1 month later
#3586 1 year ago

Nice! Flash71 I am assuming he used TPU, which is a flexible material? I was about to make some myself. Looks promising!

#3587 1 year ago
Quoted from funkycoucou:

pas d'imprimante...alors retour aux sources...et toujours un GRAND MERCI à rens pour tout ce qu'il fait pour nous...
[quoted image]

Rensh is the height 9 or 6mm, looks like 9 but want to make sure? Thank you!

#3604 1 year ago

ThePlumber @spelunk71. Ya my game had pretty consistent SDM’s on the Left orbit as well. Thus I made the protector / deflector. I Good obit on my game now nicely Naldo on the left flipper. Sometime I can trap it or, it bounces over to the left flipper and the ball can be trapped. For m game it was literally a game changer.

3 weeks later
#3673 1 year ago

Hey dudes. Question for you all. Tonight I had some friends over and Lebowski was having an odd upper flipper issue. The upper flipper would sporadically just not work in gameplay. I did go into the test menu and flipper button switch would register perfectly fine. I also tested the solenoid, and it seemed fine as well. I would love some help if anyone else has experienced this. It was almost like with consistent gameplay the coil would just stop working?
Cheers, thanks for the help.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.50
14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 210.00
Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Soulrider911.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread?tu=Soulrider911 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.