IMG_5894 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5893 (resized).jpeg
735513270 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #3858 Latest version service FAQ from DP can be downloaded here Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4026 Release software 1.00 Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4105 Beta manual rules 1.00 software Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4143 Beta rules manual Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4265 Link to orbit protector. Posted by Spelunk71 (1 year ago)

Post #4402 New operational manual 1.00 announced Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4624 Installation Pinmonks fans Posted by ezatnova (1 year ago)

Post #5213 TECH:SYSTEM. Date/time change in BIOS instructions Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #5514 Pictures backbox tbl built end 2022 Posted by jyeakley (1 year ago)

Post #5804 Info for newbies Posted by Rensh (10 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rensh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

672 posts in this topic match your search for posts by Rensh. You are on page 1 of 3.
#67 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Anyone know if we get the rugs? Ive heard it both ways

Rugs are included.

#157 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Cliffy needs these measurements for the shooter lane protector if an owner could get those to him. I don’t have one. He has a scoop protector already. And universal slot switch protectors work.[quoted image]

Have Cliffy mail Barry at [email protected]. He can supply all desired measurements and is more than happy to assist in this matter.

1 week later
#277 4 years ago

The update is to be done by Koen indeed. Think Barry only did the animations and testing. However, Koen has a day job which has nothing to do with DP. So ironing out the bugs takes more time as with a daytime programmer unfortunately.

We can only be patience.

2 months later
#537 4 years ago

No need to remove the MPF. You must however remove the roof and the metal walls (Which has the sticker) to be able to reach the right standup target. You should adjust the leaf switch to make it as sensitive as possible.

FYI: when I was at DP last week they were testing a new Beta firmware release which has, among others, a finer step position for the Car stepper motor which should make it more fluent and less sensitive for this matter. Release date unknown for me but guess within this year if testing goes OK.

#540 4 years ago
Quoted from Time:

I'm really glad to hear this. The shuttering of the car (especially when a new game starts) is the weakness part of this machine. It feels very much unfinished and janky.
Something I think needs to be added is a way to cancel out of bowling once you're in bowling mode. I've had a ball not register drain after shooting in the bowling alley and the game just gets stuck there. It's waiting for the ball return but it never finds it. It has happened 4 or 5 times to me. There is no timeout or ball search in bowling mode. What I do is hold down start to reset the game. Then the game works fine next time I get into bowling. I think it's just missing the initial drain switch and then the software never checks again.

Thanks for the advice. I have forwarded it to Barry who added it to the list of possible improvements. Keep it flowing and do not only mention it on pinside but also per e-mail to [email protected]. This as Barry is hardly present on pinside. Thanks.

2 weeks later
#592 4 years ago

Visiting DP tomorrow and will ask how it exactly works. If I recall correctly it doesn’t matter which target is hit. Like first come first serve.

#593 4 years ago

I asked

For both bashing the car mode and for the car to know where to stop it doesn’t matter if left or right target is hit. There is also no sequence like first left than right.

#598 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Any other info from your visit?

DP is alive and kicking. Now focus is on how it produce as efficient as possible and tooling up. This consumes time and money (money Made with These ‘new’ sales is used for these startup costs).

4 pcs where boxed up Ready for pick up and preps were made for another batch of 4 pcs.

It will take time for sure to make all EA whole but am optimistic. They just need some more time now.

2 weeks later
#619 4 years ago

Babysitting a TBL for a week and had some good scores where I noticed I had continuous super jackpots but in other plays I didn’t get them.

When checking with programmer Koen it turns out this shouldn’t happen. He thinks that something is carrying over from player to player or from game 1 to game 2 of same player (I had one player games). Counter for jackpots is not reset or something like that.

Official rule for SJP is that you need to score every jackpot and than get one SJP, than another round of normale jackpots and than SJP is the mini ramp.

This is noted now as an official bug in release 0.51 where Koen will look in to sooner or later.

B4AAA5B9-F371-4B92-BAF1-04BD89EB48B2 (resized).jpegB4AAA5B9-F371-4B92-BAF1-04BD89EB48B2 (resized).jpeg
#621 4 years ago
Quoted from KoenHeltzel:

The fix is already in place, for the next update.
Thanks for discovering and reporting Rens!

1 week later
#661 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Doing some checks, tightening screws and general look over after first 5 months.
Need some help:
First do you have a screw here- see blue highlighted circle.[quoted image]

There should be a screw but be careful. If there isn’t a white spacer below the PCB installing a screw and tightening it will bent the PCB which you don’t want !! So if you are niet sure that the spacer is there leave it as is.

#662 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

3rd can someone take a picture of how there flipper circuit board is attached?
Picture like this.[quoted image]

Looks normal.

#663 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

2nd - do you Flipper springs just attach to the edge of the metal? Mine don’t go in the hole.
What does yours look like?
See blue circle.[quoted image]

Spring should be in the hole

#671 4 years ago

Is Cliff also designed protectors for the ramps? Wonder especially about the Dude ramp. Although Barry hasn’t heard yet of broken ramps.

#684 4 years ago

Has anyone hooked up their TBL to the internet? When I hook it up to my WiFi the TBL freezes after booting. If I remove the dongle it works again fine.

#693 4 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

What size hard drive does it require?

Think the original ones are like 30Gb?

#694 4 years ago

Got as a gift my first mod. Looks nice. Great work from the modcouple

380C81E6-C374-4386-8DEA-59AB098127E4 (resized).jpeg380C81E6-C374-4386-8DEA-59AB098127E4 (resized).jpeg
#696 4 years ago

Picked this up for like USd 2 in a local one dollar shop. Will see if I can do something with it.

72058D24-C0A8-4EC2-AA9C-520704EB4A2F (resized).jpeg72058D24-C0A8-4EC2-AA9C-520704EB4A2F (resized).jpeg
#709 4 years ago

Trying to make some kind of format in a list where we can gather bugs and wishes.

Started a Google Docs document open for everybody to look at and add stuff.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17Xb9AkuhFceae9Au2YzKGtETdpg9cNBMY4FQAmSaYQs/edit#gid=891834841

This is an initiative by me and not DP so no guarantees. But I do know programmer Koen has a listening ear and is open for suggestions.

Never used a Google doc befor so hope I did everything OK. And I do realize that there is a thread on this but I think a list in which everything is totalled is easier to check-control.

#725 4 years ago

Do you have pictures of how yours looks? Curious to see what happened.

#735 4 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks. That looks like it took some beating. The one they use now looks still the same. Didn’t think that it might break as it’s just a low force area. After all it’s just a ball rolling at low speed through it.

7779B0B0-8670-475A-805A-A6ED30F22D5E (resized).jpeg7779B0B0-8670-475A-805A-A6ED30F22D5E (resized).jpeg
#750 4 years ago

Made a video showing the proto EA apron. Best place to see it in action is after the last ball

#751 4 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Repaired subway. Now cading up the solid one[quoted image]

Nice work. I also understood that your TBL has like 12K plays on it? THis comforts me as this will take me at least 12 yrs to reach this if I ever get to it

#767 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

its the same as CFTBL with a dremel to a couple of the feet to avoid boards

Correct. Nothing special here. Also used in Congo.

#771 4 years ago

Jesus is my hero. His role is small in the movie but he made it a good one

#775 4 years ago

Looks great. I prefer the vertical text in the sides but shooter rod is not my style. Than the suggestion for let’s go bowling sounds like a better alternative.

#776 4 years ago

This was quite a thrill

792F8E04-2F61-4400-B565-BF5D8441FA25 (resized).jpeg792F8E04-2F61-4400-B565-BF5D8441FA25 (resized).jpeg
#793 4 years ago

Dutch pinball has opened an Instagram account

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8JDoOkAQ1b/?igshid=1giisy2bio333

Barry told me today during my visit that he plans to post more frequent pictures on this account.

#815 4 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

What power do you have your flippers set at? They look much snappier than mine!

Don’t know the value but didn’t change it so default Factory setting.

And yes, the flippers are very snappy and do their job excellent.

3 weeks later
#890 4 years ago

There is a PCB below the EA apron indeed which is connected with a Long flatcable towards the ‘mod’ connector. You can see it running in attached picture from the top and ending Just below the proc in the section with Caution in it.

Hope this is clear enough

Oh, and I do know Barry is Considering to make this apron (Without the EA part ofcourse) an optional item which can be bought. So hold your horses for the moment.

0063361F-14E7-4469-91EA-B823B04310DA (resized).jpeg0063361F-14E7-4469-91EA-B823B04310DA (resized).jpeg

#942 4 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

2 last questions please.
Can we order directly from Barry or need to deal with distributors?
Is the code finished?

US buyers go through CT but European buyers go direct and price is eur 12000 incl VAT.

Contact Barry at [email protected].

In regard to code. Not finished but certainly a sound more than basic code rel 0.52. It Keeps you busy.

#946 4 years ago

What do you wanna adjust? Home and end position are determined by switches and no need the remove the playfield.

And yes, decoupling the steppermotor is a Pita.

#949 4 years ago

Don’t think you can adjust this. The axle goes through a white bushing and ends at the stepper motor. No adjustment there. However, Guess that moving the steppermotor will have (some) influence.

So for sure no need to remove the MPF. Only if the axle of the door is not under 90 degrees with the door removing MPF is needed as than the axle would need to be bent? If this is the case I would ask DP for a new door.

Pictures would be great to better understand your issue.

#955 4 years ago

Damned. Jesus is my hero and was looking forward to go watch the movie but apparently waste of time

#976 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Wow this is crazy. I just ordered parts directly from Barry and he charged me more then cointaker is charging.
How are they cheaper through a second party? And I'm not including shipping in my prices.

What kind of differences are we talking about? If it is a few percent it could just be fluctuation in exchange rate where the dollar was higher when CT bought their stock.

#979 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

No Shaker on this game right?

Correct. DP has experimented once with a shaker but the bowling alley didn’t like it

#981 4 years ago

Does it exist a playfield protector? Can it be factory installed?

A playfield protector does exist but it is not an option ex factory. See https://www.playfield-protectors.com/Home/Details/JdmSC6hukEekhRd6J1uWeA?categoryid=22&category=Playfield%20Protectors&name=The%20Big%20Lebowski%20%7C%202016

DP has experimented once With my TBL but it delayed their way of working with several hours so they decided not to offer it. I have one installed and it works fine. If I would install it I think I would cut it uNDer the mini playfield to avoid taking of the mini playfield. For the rest I don’t expect many issues when installing.

#993 4 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Do the sound effects in the game have a ton of noise and static in them? Or is the sound system in my game having issues?

There are plenty of streams to compare but I don’t experience any noise or static.

#995 4 years ago

In order to get a score as high as possible do

1) only start character multiball after collecting all characters. Make sure you keep mark it zero lit as when you by accident shoot character multiball with not all characters lit you can cancel the start of multiball via ball launch button

2) gather the bowling balls ASAP and ster with dude. If you make a jackpot shot the value is higher when the bowling ball for that shot is lit.

3) shoot all jackpots to get super jackpot at Dude ramp. This super jackpot At dude ramp is also reason For selection that bowling ball as first. For me the skill shot is always the MPF.

4) and don’t forget ofcourse during playing to start some car modes, nihilist mode etc.

And yes, than some luck is needed ☺️ I did learn from Barry that indeed 43M is Quite high. Usually my games end somewhere in the twenties and also some evenings the game just kicks my butt. Do note I am not a tournament player and consider myself as average eg if I can do it you can do it to !!

In regard to extra ball. I don’t think it’s coded yet. I have seen it only twice i think and that was as a mystery award

#997 4 years ago

Jackpots are higher plus much more shots award a jackpot. Suppose you only start Dude character multiball than only the dude ramp scores a jackpot. Other white not. And you don’t get to Super jackpot which can be a few million.

And yes, sometime the TBL eats you alive

#999 4 years ago
Quoted from BigLebowski:

But if you start several characters at one time I believe I noticed that you first have to score all jackpots before you can start over again. So if you have Maude and Dude running and you score the Maude jackpot you cannot score Maude again until you also scored Dude. Am I wrong, am I wrong??

No you are not wrong but remember you have plenty of balls moving around the playfield pls even if the shot isn’t lit up red for a jackpot it still builts a higher jackpot value when you make the shot.

#1001 4 years ago

Good question and is one I have to.

Problem is here that ofcourse programmer Koen has another job nowadays eg any update has to be done in his free time.

I know Barry wants to get it completed to but also realize his focus is now on production.

I also think a final wizzard mode is almost unachievable, at least for me. I would prefer more smaller things to do, make nihilist wizzard more attractive, program extra ball, have a Bunny mode, etc (I made a spreadsheet which everyone can see as I shared it earlier). So spent time on things us human beings can enjoy and not only the few pinball gods on this planet.

Back to topic, I think it will be finalized but see this for 2021. I do hope However in 2020 we see smaller updates to make it even more enjoyable.

#1033 4 years ago

My PERSONAL taste is that Pinstadium with TBL is not required but PDI glass I have installed

#1035 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Finally joined the club. Drove and picked here up this evening. Brand new from the fine folks at Cointaker. One of the rare games I've never played but after waiting for some time finally got the call.
Pretty much took all night setting her up adding some mods, sub and mirrors. Removed all the packaging, tape etc and could only play a few games as it was already 130am. So far major things work well. Game shoots well. Bowling it's much bigger than I thought and it's fun. Only notice two things that might need to be tweaked +fw .48 I think
Some voice clips are lower volume than others. Normal?
Top pf flipper seems to be getting stuck a little.... Prob just needs a little tweak. Bottom right angle needs to be adjusted.
Game LEDs are crazy bright. Love it. Sound quality is fantastic. White Russian could be the coolest thing in a pf in fact this game is prob the coolest game - just screams it. Love the carpet it came when too.
More to come. Sleeping time cheers.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Enjoy and if you have any question just put them in the thread and you will get help

In regard to volume some voice clips, didn’t notice this but there is not a setting I am aware off.

#1051 4 years ago

For those experiencing a weak upper flipper for the Mini playfield I have the following message.

DP discovered that an error has been made with wiring the flippercoil of the MPF with several TBLs, especially those made 2019 and earlier. This causes that the Hold and Power part of the coil have been switched causing a weak flipper. Talked this over with Barry and he knows I am posting the fix here.

Mine had this to and as desoldering and resoldering a wire on the coil is easier for me as mounting a new connector (error was made on the connector) so I solved it via soldering. So DO NOT look at the color of the wires but to the POSITION of the wires.

As you can see in attached pictures the connector is DR18 and is positioned close to the stepper motor.

So:
1) the most left wire on the connector (white in this case) goes to the total right on the coil
2) the middle wire on the connector (purple in this case) goes to the total left on the coil
3) the right wire on the connector (orange in this case) goes to the middle of the coil.

Again, DO NOT look at the color of the wire as this can be different with you, purely to the position of the wire on the connector versus the position of the wire on the coil !!

This makes shooting the ramp much easier

IMG-3637.JPGIMG-3637.JPGIMG-3638.JPGIMG-3638.JPG
#1053 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

when you shoot the left orbit, should the ball return to the left or right flipper?

Tip of the right flipper with me

#1076 4 years ago

In regard to the questions in regard to the weaker upper flipper as follows:

1) my pictures are AFTER the fix
2) unfortunately didn’t make pictures prior to the fix
3) error was only found with the upper flipper. If somebody has weak bottom flippers cause is likely to be something different. Pls do note that there is a strength setting in the menu.

So just compare the connections and swap them at the coil via soldering. Easy job which should take you less than 5 minutes. That is, if you have a soldering Iron

Hope that answers all questions.

#1077 4 years ago
Quoted from budroosker:

Whatever happened to the aprons? Any news? Follow-up?

Aprons are waiting on the PCB which comes from China and is delayed because of the Corona virus. Metal itself is finished, just the electronics is the delayed part.

#1079 4 years ago

It sounds like the switch gap is to small.

You need to remove the roof in order to access the switch.

It isn’t easy but not to difficult to. You can use a pincet or a plier with a very long ‘nose’. For adjusting switch blades I always use tools like can be seen at https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/77-SWK

#1084 4 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Here’s my before. Does it qualify and if so which ones on the coil do I switch?[quoted image][quoted image]

So yours does qualify. You have the same colors In same order as mine on the connector. Just have a look at the picture of my coil which means From left to right : purple orange white. So no wire remains at same spot, all remove them and resolver them in same order as my picture shows.

#1121 4 years ago

Hi,
If I want to buy a TBL, does it matter if it is EA game or new one?
Are there known issues with early production?
Thanks

In principal it are the same units. There will be some small modifications compared to the very early ones but nothing major I think.

It all comes down to pricing and how fast you want it. Buying an used machine may have some issue but should offer better pricing as new and fast availability.

#1122 4 years ago

Buddy,
I think you are right. I don’t have any issue with my Alien that was built in the last batch
Are the new games built in China (as it was planned) or Dutch?
Thanks

Built in Roermond NL

#1136 4 years ago

If mark it zero is lit when you start by accident character multiball you can abort it with the ball launch button. This is shown right bottom corner lcd display.

#1139 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

I will say sometimes it will not let you cancel character multiball does anyone know why?

I have never had it not cancelling if mark it zero was lit. Are you sure it was lit and did you see the short message on this at the right bottom corner of the display?

#1140 4 years ago

So I visited today DP to return some work I did from them at home.

Talked about the bowling launch button which they had at the very first prototype. Turned out barry had one lying around which I got as a present. Installed at my TBL and looks indeed amazing.

Some pictures to show you how it’s made. Simple to install. Took less than 10 minutes and is indeed just a matter of replacing the lense.

A8302A86-EBD8-4103-AB79-889916E2D753 (resized).jpegA8302A86-EBD8-4103-AB79-889916E2D753 (resized).jpeg8B68C9CE-41F5-47CF-89E1-11746FB4345F (resized).jpeg8B68C9CE-41F5-47CF-89E1-11746FB4345F (resized).jpeg24CF28AB-7FD5-4D3D-928A-4DA96DF7B5BF (resized).jpeg24CF28AB-7FD5-4D3D-928A-4DA96DF7B5BF (resized).jpegABF21FAD-4415-49A8-9EEE-61F61F496230 (resized).jpegABF21FAD-4415-49A8-9EEE-61F61F496230 (resized).jpeg3091F336-0BED-4DCD-A333-7D93619CB724 (resized).jpeg3091F336-0BED-4DCD-A333-7D93619CB724 (resized).jpeg23B0D8F4-83D6-4E88-A645-206041399678 (resized).jpeg23B0D8F4-83D6-4E88-A645-206041399678 (resized).jpeg
#1153 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

The topper is a 12v light source. I personally just tapped into the translite plug for easy removal others have done other connections.

This is a sound advise. There are some spare free pin’s in that connector supplying 12VDC and tapping it direct from the power supply avoids strain on other components.

1 week later
#1173 4 years ago

Being in intelligent lock down gives time to practice and improve my GC score

#1176 4 years ago

That’s a pitty and I can’t help it I am afraid . I did get some copyright warnings but it was said it would still be published just with some add’s. As I have published TBL gameplay befor without issues I didn’t think much of it. In my country I still can see it.

700C4F01-59BF-4E6F-8428-C409C20BCD64 (resized).jpeg700C4F01-59BF-4E6F-8428-C409C20BCD64 (resized).jpeg

#1180 4 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

That’s a pitty and I can’t help it I am afraid . I did get some copyright warnings but it was said it would still be published just with some add’s. As I have published TBL gameplay befor without issues I didn’t think much of it. In my country I still can see it.
[quoted image]

The problem apparently is the cover of Hotel California. I have now on YouTube chosen to have the sound muted when this song is played which is roughly approx 5 minutes of the total video. Hope the ban is now lifted soon. It’s not processing this so can take some time. Hope it will be visible to the US tomorrow.

#1181 4 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

I've got a strange one. I updated to 0.51 software before Christmas 2019 and then my hard drive crashed a couple of days later. I got a new hard drive from Barry with the 0.51 software pre loaded and installed it in January, 2020.
Today I went to check how many games I had put on the game and I can't find the number of games played anywhere. I checked in the Audits Menu under Game Audits and there's nothing there. Under the Game Audits there was only:
- Left Drain
- Right Drain
- Center Drain
- Rug Hits
- Car Hits
I checked every other menu and every sub menu and nothing. There is nothing that shows the number of games played.
Anyone else have this on their game? Am I looking in the wrong spot?
QSS

I checked and see the same.

I know its recorded somewhere as I am running a Beta release of the internetconnection and there its shwon. See https://www.dutchpinball.com/tbl/live/0ac244ce74bc

I have put it in my bug-wish list seen at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17Xb9AkuhFceae9Au2YzKGtETdpg9cNBMY4FQAmSaYQs/edit#gid=891834841

#1183 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Questions for any TBL owner - how have your rug and bowling alley mechs held up? Also, is your game working completely?
I was listening to bro do you even talk pinball episode with Stephen Silver and he talks through many of the modes on Heist. Wow a lot of variety and goals. That got me thinking about whether I would be tempted to buy it over Lebowski and save a couple of grand. Of course Heist is nowhere near as sexy but maybe it is more functional. Finally, what do you think about Heist vs TBL?

Have no experience with Heist (think no one has?) but can confirm everything worked Upon arrival (besides the usual tweaking most NIBs go through) and still works. With only 200 plays this is also expected I guess.

#1201 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I just noticed this - missing a couple of screws or was this a change? See yellow arrows.
If someone can check - much appreciated.[quoted image]

Checked on some pictures I already made and mine has even less screws. The one on the top right corner has zero with me. Now this is a part of the playfield where the wood is thinner if I am not mistaking so this makes screwing always more dangerous. So this is perhaps reason why less screws as originally planned??

Anyway, the only thing which happens here is a ball drop so few screws only needed I guess

#1202 4 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Specifically, I'd just like the experience built-out a bit more with less repetition, more side-characters, specific character modes, a few mini wizard modes and the final wizard mode. As-is, the game is amazing and the current code is fun, easy to understand, and well designed. But the game would really benefit from 'more' stuff and depth.

I agree. I would like to see first a build out of more mini modes, expansion of nihilist mode etc. Prior to making a final wizzard mode which I will never see anyway as I am not a pinball god.

#1203 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

That is a question for rensh

I have no idea.

However, biggest reason for 0.52 was the implementing of the light show for the EA apron.

I only know of one bug fix in 0.52 eg that with 0.51 you sometimes find that every jackpot is a super jackpot which is not supposed to happen.

So getting 0.52 is not bringing much of you don’t have the EA apron. EA aprons are still awaiting the PCBs made in China which are already long overdue

1 week later
#1207 4 years ago

Hmm

It’s indeed a little more risky as the boards below the playfield are totally different compared to ARA. I also suspect some software settings might be different because of these different boards and perhaps blocking future software updates on this game. This is something you should really check with Barry.

For the rest of the hardware I think they are almost if not exactly the same.

#1209 4 years ago

I am not aware of such a list, you should ask Barry.

When visiting the factory and helping I know there have been some minor changes mainly focussed on improving and quickening the manufacturing process. The cable harness towards the bowling alley runs now over a PCB which acts as a hub and same for the coindoor. I know Barry and Guus always have the backwards compatibility in mind.

I wouldn’t worry to much on this but he, that’s just my opinion man ☺️

3 weeks later
#1255 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Awesome! What did you end up using for illumination?

I think the illumination is a standard part of this but the thought was the plastic would be to thick to get light through. Apparently not

3 weeks later
#1287 3 years ago

Had a nice game

55DD03C2-6416-469B-9CD1-D728FDF9288D (resized).jpeg55DD03C2-6416-469B-9CD1-D728FDF9288D (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#1297 3 years ago

Still wondering if this game is worth the current price.
Never played it and the gameplay/code is king for me.
So, In this department, is this game similar to B/W or recent game (stern, JJP)?
I would appreciate some inputs.
Thanks

BW. Check the YouTube gameplay video made by Bowen kerin papa pinball. He feels the same.

#1305 3 years ago

You could ask Barry if he knows of any TBL located in the south of France so you might be able to play it. Spending 12K on a pin you never played is a big step, at least for me.

On the opposite, think it’s an easy sell if you don’t like it when playing. Big step is how you like the theme. This as theme integration is very well done and liking the theme thus helps a lot.

#1309 3 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Joined the club. Not sure the number but it was a recently made game. Hope to have it set up later tonight. How do you tell what number it is?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I think it’s all about the last three numbers. First batch was supposed to be a run of three PCs and think the newly built started with 301. You have 323 so you would have no 23 built for new buyers. Ofcourse the old buyers when they get their machine they get the ‘old’ serial number. So 23 doesn’t necessarily mean That it is 23 built. Could be 23 for new buyers and 2 for old buyers for instance.

#1312 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Code is now at 0.52.. although I think this was to incorporate the Lighted aprons.

Correct as main reason. Contains also a minor bug fix in regard to super jackpots

#1314 3 years ago

On their own website it is 0.51!
Must be new I guess.
Is the programmer still on the track? Or does he currently work on the code?

You can keep asking this kind of questions but better stop. Buy it for what it is now or just leave it, plenty of pinballs on the planet. Or jump in a plane and find one to play. DP has planned to continue programming but no guarantees. In the end also Stern doesn’t guarantee a certain level of programming.

Or just set yourself on the waiting list and check status when your number is up. More will be known than.

#1317 3 years ago

This is a first

Quite an airball

6F311E6B-4727-40E9-974A-414EC95CDDB4 (resized).jpeg6F311E6B-4727-40E9-974A-414EC95CDDB4 (resized).jpeg
#1326 3 years ago

You need a special ‘Licensenumber’ to be able to hook up there.

I am running a trial for couple of months now and works fine. Think I am the only one plus the test machine at the factory.

#1328 3 years ago

Plans yes as far as I know, priority low however. After all it’s not essential to be able to enjoy TBL. Biggest plus for me is the game statistics, in my requirement list I put that this should also be possible to have in TBL itself.

#1341 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Now that is helpful. A list of bugs or features missing to finish off the game. Someone should forward to barry.

This is already active and Barry and Koen are aware of this link

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17Xb9AkuhFceae9Au2YzKGtETdpg9cNBMY4FQAmSaYQs/edit

You can add stuff.

Crazy amount of bugs???? This is new for me. Pls add them to the above list.

1 week later
#1349 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

To test coils the switch on the left of the coin door needs to be pressed in, then use controls on door to fire the coils

You can also with an open coindoor pull the switch out. Than the HV will stay on without you having the push on the switch constant

#1351 3 years ago

Question to the owners.

I have my TBL already some time without any real issues. Played this week another TBL which was out of the box I think like a month and during game 1 the bal drained but this wasn’t noticed. Only way out was off-on.

Two days later I played my TBL and exactly the same happened during bal 3!! This for the first time that I can remember. Checked the ball through switches and all 5 registered. Only way out was off-on

Any other people experienced the same?

#1354 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Someone mentioned pulling and reseating the connectors to and from the boards.
Not sure if this worked - but worth a try.

All balls are registered so thinking more of a software bug. If it is a loose connector you would expect 1) off on wouldn’t help and 2) the balls would not be registered in the ball through

#1356 3 years ago

I have added it in my topic list seen at

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17Xb9AkuhFceae9Au2YzKGtETdpg9cNBMY4FQAmSaYQs/edit

On another note, yesterday a Dutch pinball vlogger (also owner of the Dutch pinball museum) visited DP factory so expect to see finally some video On the factory soon

I will make sure the link is shared on Facebook.

#1357 3 years ago

That was a fun game

97929307-901E-498C-B142-6CE3F1315BDF (resized).jpeg97929307-901E-498C-B142-6CE3F1315BDF (resized).jpeg
#1361 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Have you looked in the trough? I got my game yesterday and have it leveled perfectly. Occasionally when the ball drains it doesn't recongnize but its not because of switches or some error - its because the ball is just sitting in the top of the trough and not rolling down. I just posted in the maintenance thread as well. I am going to try to add some washers between the screws and the playfield at the leading end of the trough to make the angle steeper and see if that helps. Any other thoughts from the group??

Thanks for your answer but as mentioned all through switches were triggered and active in the test menu. So you would expect it to see it drained the ball, how otherwise all switches would be active?

Anyway, once in over 1200 balls doesn’t bother me to much.

#1367 3 years ago

This is a coincidence. This is also on my agenda for already several months to have a look at it what can be done. Will see if I can get a left over piece at DP to see if it polishable and how this holds.

And yes, replacing all metalwork is quite some work

#1368 3 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Could you please take some pics showing the finish, edges, and build in general?

I think this pictures shows most if not all metal pieces.

520793CD-10B0-42B4-A208-D88226294CE5 (resized).jpeg520793CD-10B0-42B4-A208-D88226294CE5 (resized).jpeg
#1369 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Lets talk about the right gate assembly and its function. It has been recorded by a few owners that this gate can get hung up. Pretty much right out of the box last week the gate exhibited issues of not being able to open fast enough on well placed shots up the Donny orbit shot. I took apart the assembly twice now to see if I could figure it out.
As others have mentioned, there can be a clearance issue of the spring's position within the hole causing it to drag on the edge of the hole. This was also the case in mine. At first I bent the arm on the gate assembly itself to alter the position of the spring within the hole. That seemed to help but I could still feel drag on the spring. It was not suspended cleanly in the hole.
To finally solve the issue I ended up doing 2 things.
1. Shorten the spring by about 1/8" and create a new loop on the cut end so the spring didn't have so much play.
2. By using the screw closest to the subway under the playfield as the pivot-point, I rotated the assembly about 1/4" clockwise and tapped a new screw hole for the 2nd of the two mounting points. This allows for the gate assembly to float at the dead-center of the hole in the playfield.
In doing so the drag issue has been 100% resolved however sometimes during games the gate doesn't open but I think I have finally understood the intent of that gate and the logic behind it.
If the intent was for the Donny shot to always orbit then that gate wouldn't even be necessary so why is it there? Perhaps this is common knowledge of the ruleset but I thought I would write it down for anyone who might be struggling with this same issue.
The gate only lifts - thereby allowing the ball to orbit - while you are qualifying (lighting the DONNY lights) Donny Character. Once you have qualified Donny and prior to starting Character multiball, and still hit the Donny shot, the gate does not open and drops the ball into the pop bumpers. Also, the gate will open during other modes where you have to hit the orbits but otherwise, the game wont let you orbit from the left side.

Interesting piece. Thanks for the write up. Pls also post it in the maintenance thread at https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-lotta-ins-a-lotta-outs-tbl-maintenance-thread/page/5#post-5730403

#1371 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Lets talk about the right gate assembly and its function. It has been recorded by a few owners that this gate can get hung up. Pretty much right out of the box last week the gate exhibited issues of not being able to open fast enough on well placed shots up the Donny orbit shot. I took apart the assembly twice now to see if I could figure it out.
As others have mentioned, there can be a clearance issue of the spring's position within the hole causing it to drag on the edge of the hole. This was also the case in mine. At first I bent the arm on the gate assembly itself to alter the position of the spring within the hole. That seemed to help but I could still feel drag on the spring. It was not suspended cleanly in the hole.
To finally solve the issue I ended up doing 2 things.
1. Shorten the spring by about 1/8" and create a new loop on the cut end so the spring didn't have so much play.
2. By using the screw closest to the subway under the playfield as the pivot-point, I rotated the assembly about 1/4" clockwise and tapped a new screw hole for the 2nd of the two mounting points. This allows for the gate assembly to float at the dead-center of the hole in the playfield.
In doing so the drag issue has been 100% resolved however sometimes during games the gate doesn't open but I think I have finally understood the intent of that gate and the logic behind it.
If the intent was for the Donny shot to always orbit then that gate wouldn't even be necessary so why is it there? Perhaps this is common knowledge of the ruleset but I thought I would write it down for anyone who might be struggling with this same issue.
The gate only lifts - thereby allowing the ball to orbit - while you are qualifying (lighting the DONNY lights) Donny Character. Once you have qualified Donny and prior to starting Character multiball, and still hit the Donny shot, the gate does not open and drops the ball into the pop bumpers. Also, the gate will open during other modes where you have to hit the orbits but otherwise, the game wont let you orbit from the left side.

In regard to this topic. This a complete assy bought by DP in the US but leaves room for improvement. Having more people now at DP frees time to start working on making the tbl even a better in. So they are running now a test on a better self designed ballgate. Top site is the same, it’s only different at the bottom and thus also backwards compatible.

Also for the mini playfield they are thinking of a redesign where the stepper motor is no longer connect to a longer shaft to the car door but connect the steppermotor on the MPF with a short shaft direct to the car door. This would make removing the MPF a lot easier.

And so more changes are thought of to make it even more replicable and or to speed up assy process.

And yes, they are also thinking of firmware upgrades later on.

Work in progress so to speak

261BF583-8EA8-4C16-A116-2B1EA28DF2F7 (resized).png261BF583-8EA8-4C16-A116-2B1EA28DF2F7 (resized).png4239BE7D-01F2-4C83-875E-192B5B21FF58 (resized).png4239BE7D-01F2-4C83-875E-192B5B21FF58 (resized).png

#1372 3 years ago

Got myself a spare outline metal for testing.

Before

2AAA61EB-B58E-4DDD-87C2-0CBE4EE55236 (resized).jpeg2AAA61EB-B58E-4DDD-87C2-0CBE4EE55236 (resized).jpeg9EE6E0E2-EAE4-4C6A-AE26-745307363777 (resized).jpeg9EE6E0E2-EAE4-4C6A-AE26-745307363777 (resized).jpeg
#1373 3 years ago

After

A592C885-D732-4676-AC88-0E8C411A1E68 (resized).jpegA592C885-D732-4676-AC88-0E8C411A1E68 (resized).jpeg943C6FA7-7321-4BD5-9F8C-1B6379634A5A (resized).jpeg943C6FA7-7321-4BD5-9F8C-1B6379634A5A (resized).jpeg7B74BC0B-6475-4B83-B4D0-F1288B7B322C (resized).jpeg7B74BC0B-6475-4B83-B4D0-F1288B7B322C (resized).jpeg99E6FB72-38B0-4A81-9DAD-888363F1CDE5 (resized).jpeg99E6FB72-38B0-4A81-9DAD-888363F1CDE5 (resized).jpeg0E0651F0-658A-4D33-9ECD-F0453A015A9A (resized).jpeg0E0651F0-658A-4D33-9ECD-F0453A015A9A (resized).jpeg3BC306E6-199D-481B-B92D-AD819DD4CB47 (resized).png3BC306E6-199D-481B-B92D-AD819DD4CB47 (resized).png
#1374 3 years ago

Now I can legit drain on the left side and stating it’s part of a test

#1376 3 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

Rensh, Do you have any idea of how many EA games have shipped since they started shipping them again? I know I saw that #52 or #53 shipped but have not seen anything since then. I am #70 and was trying to figure out how many are ahead of me and when I might be able to expect to receive mine.
Thanks
Ed

Good question. I know of two for sure and they are now building one to. Biggest problem they have now is the starting of lack of parts. They are now experiencing unexpected sudden delays of a few weeks with parts from the US mainly. So they will continue to built parts like MPF and bowling and assemblies, just not complete pinballs besides a few for which they have all parts left. This would mean slowdown for now which would be compensated once parts come in with a speed up Because many assemblies are Than ready already. So long term no change but short term slower, sorry.

As mentioned in the vlog they sincerely hope once the parts come in production will speed up to hopefully 4 per week. Also there is talk of looking for a bigger building in the vlog. This would mean more people and increase further capacity. Let’s hope for this.

Also they are redesigning certain parts which would enable a quicker assembly.

#1382 3 years ago
Quoted from Yokimato:

Burned out my shooter coil today. It’s got less than 20 plays too
Anyways, it’s listed as AE-23-800, can someone confirm this is the correct replacement:
https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-ae-23-800-coil.html
I don’t see a diode in the stock burned out one.
Anyone else experience this issue? Something I should check out that might be a leading indicator of a bigger issue?

Don’t know the coil number but it’s mentioned on the wrapping so should be OK. Indeed, no diode is needed on the coil. This I can confirm.

Pls let also DP know of your problem.

I have never experienced a burnout coil. The driving transistor is supposed to be a very robust type which can overcome even a short. This was told by ARA at least during a factory tour. Let’s hope that’s correct.

#1383 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

That metal looks SOOO MUCH BETTER! imagine doing the entire game with that new finish, what is that? Did you polish it yourself? What was the process?

Did this with a small bench top polishing machine using mainly the green compound. Is around 10-15 minutes polishing work.

And indeed, curious to see how it holds befor doing the other visible bits.

#1384 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Does anyone actually understand how the coil strength settings work? The value says "MS" and then depending on the coil gives a range of different numbers. How are owners to interpret that? Why is every coil (or set of similar coils) provided different values or a different range? Is it really adjusting "power" or is it adjusting responsiveness...speed.
If the values are responsiveness, one would conclude that the smaller the number the faster / snappier the coil.
If the values are "power", one would conclude that the larger the number, the harder the coils fire thus a snappier response.
What is correct? And what does MS mean? All I can come up with is "milliseconds" which is why I am wondering if "lowering" the number theoretically would improve performance.
I haven't done enough testing to actually notice if either of these are perceptible in play.
Anyone else have thoughts or concrete information on this?

Never checked it with DP but I have always thought To MS stands for milliseconds. Eg 20 ms means a pulse of 20 milliseconds long is driving the coil. The longer the pulse width the more power it contains eg coil becomes stronger. So you could say it relates to power.

#1392 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

So they definitely are working on more code?

Yes, the plan is there. Yes, life is uncertain and thus programming pinballs to. If you make a buying decision base it on what you see now.

#1399 3 years ago
Quoted from Time:

I've had 3 lit and I'm by no means a strong player. My average game score is round 7 - 9 million on TBL. "Characters" & "Rug Modes" are easy enough if you focus on them. But "Collect Balls" is a lot of bowling - You can collect one with each start ball through the skill shot (Not impossible). "Mark it Zero" has been hard for me because you need to quality it and hit the shot 5 times (Not impossible but I've only done maybe 2 out of 5). I'm actually not sure what "Super Jackpot" is but "Car modes" are hard for me. Its a ton of shots on the upper playfield to get it going and then it resets on drain. I've never tried just going for car but I suspect it too is not impossible for a strong player.
I'd say the Wizard is definitely possible but probably not by me. Karl from iepinball could do it no problem. I'd watch that but as I understand it, TBL doesn't have a Wizard mode programmed yet. rensh has probably done it multiple times with his insane TBL scores.

Sorry, my max was three balls lit

Super jackpot is that when during multiball you made all jackpot shots the one at the duderamp will relit and when you shoot it it will be super jackpot.

For me lighting all balls will be impossible. I concentrate on getting all bowling balls and only start character MB is all characters are lit and the bowling balls at least 3/4 lit. They act as multipliers like White Russians and rank up your score.

#1400 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Anybody else have their lock ball stand up targets getting hammered like these? No wonder the ball was flying over the flippers...yeesh.
[quoted image]

That looks hammered indeed. It’s on DP’s list to get a better version of the target in order to avoid this.

#1401 3 years ago

How about this as a tribute to TBL?

https://www.facebook.com/1585387145076656/posts/2721549678127058/?vh=e

The song you hear is the winning song of Eurosong festival 2019 made in NL and place is Dutch pinball museum and the tbl is also made in NL . Talking about a small-town boy in a big arcade

#1402 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

How about this as a tribute to TBL?
https://www.facebook.com/1585387145076656/posts/2721549678127058/?vh=e
The song you hear is the winning song of Eurosong festival 2019 made in NL and place is Dutch pinball museum and the tbl is also made in NL . Talking about a small-town boy in a big arcade

For those not into Facebook now also uploaded to YouTube:

#1408 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

So, How much is this game if you order in europe(euro)?
How long will you have to wait to recieve it?

12KEUR. Waitinglist 6 months? This question is for DP

#1409 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Curious has anyone reached the Dude Abides wizard mode? It seems possible, but I don't recall anyone reaching it or discussing it. Is it fun?

If i am not mistaking this is not programmed yet. But think you need to be a pinball wizzard to reach it on normal settings

1 week later
#1416 3 years ago
Quoted from Yokimato:

Would someone be able to snap a few pictures for me for comparison, still dialing in mine and want to compare the flippers (both of my flippers came delivered 100% loose from the assemblies) and the Donny orbit, specifically where they meet the main PF area (the 2 ends specifically)... I think my metal orbit railing is not in the correct place.

This is what you need?

E473C56E-0B79-499E-B490-A42776071D50 (resized).jpegE473C56E-0B79-499E-B490-A42776071D50 (resized).jpegFBC643B3-56A8-4A90-BF87-74D8E8EB7AA3 (resized).jpegFBC643B3-56A8-4A90-BF87-74D8E8EB7AA3 (resized).jpegFE9C17F2-2D28-4D4B-B883-2C1D004E689F (resized).jpegFE9C17F2-2D28-4D4B-B883-2C1D004E689F (resized).jpeg
#1418 3 years ago
Quoted from Yokimato:

Yes, thank you! The orbit looks like mine in how they extend beyond the start of the posts, but at the end of the orbit, they "kick" the ball to stdm instead of a flipper.I checked leveling a thousand times too, so I'll keep investigating.

Hmm. Is this both ways or only if you go via Maude or via Donny? Sounds like the ballguide should be moved in position near exit. Mine almost never drains from a loopshot.

#1422 3 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Just opened up my game today. Right flipper does nothing. The upper right flipper on the mini playfield works though. I have reset the plug and everything moves smoothly by hand, nothing binding. Solenoid does not fire in test. Not sure what to try next.
Thanks

Hmm. Can you try swapping the connector for the left and right flipper on the PCB? If the problem moves from left to right you know it’s the PCB otherwise it’s the flipperassembly. The wires are connected-soldered to the coils OK?

#1425 3 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:So when I flip the connectors on the PCB the right flipper works and the left does not. Does this mean the PCB is bad?

I am afraid the answer is yes. There are no fuses per flipper. Luckily this is a small PCB and rather easy to replace if my memory serves me right. Best way forward is I think now to contact DP how to proceed.

#1426 3 years ago

Some extra tests

Can you reseat the flatcable between the main PCB and small PCB?

To check if only the powercoil is not functioning but hold is, can you press the flipper button while moving the flipper by hand to top position and see if it sticks there?

In switch test menu, check of the flipper button works. Should be but wanna make sure.

How old is this tbl? You state just out of box but has the box been in storage for months or .... What is the serial number ?

2 weeks later
#1437 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Whats with the snooze fest of this thread...this game is off the chain!
Good luck to all who are grabbing one!
Where is the support achiever apron?????????????????? Send me a bill Dutch!

Hmm. To call a person who offered his TBL upon receipt for sale for 17K a true supporter? Than the strange sales tactics ? Sale didn’t go through at the end apparently but it felt strange how it went.

Don’t get me wrong, You are free to put it up for sale for whatever price you want but than see yourself as a supporter? You were planning to donate the profit to EA/DP?

And yep, the game is off the chain

#1442 3 years ago

Am a little puzzled about the lit up apron none achiever edition questions. As far as I know this is already available. Isn’t it?

#1444 3 years ago

I checked and I was wrong eg it’s not available yet. Parts are However already with the powdercoater (which was closed for holiday) so guess it won’t be long. Holiday season will after all end for biggest part of NL after next week.

3 weeks later
#1449 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Hey How is this holding up over time? I am still thinking about tearing down my game to send off all visible metal parts for refinishing. Would love an update on this!

Still looks the same. There are not so many visible metal parts to be done but what withholding me is the removal of the MPF as this can be a PITA. This would be needed to remove the outer loop rail.

It’s still on the agenda however. Perhaps a project for the winter months

1 week later
#1452 3 years ago

I know off one happy dude who is about to finally officially join the owners club !!

Tuna_Delight keep a close eye on your mailbox !

E9C62FB8-966D-4B3C-8542-46C338F1C93C (resized).jpegE9C62FB8-966D-4B3C-8542-46C338F1C93C (resized).jpeg
#1456 3 years ago

Powdercoat? Are you going to give the ballguides a color?

And if you do it now you have the comfort knowing the machine is still in production eg in the unlikely case you break something it’s available. When you look further down the road you don’t know that.

#1458 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Thinking about copper. That one guys machine looked great with copper ramps, legs and lockdown bar, rails. Why not take it a step further and do ALL the exposed metal in copper??

Didn’t notice he did also the ramps (I assume the wire form on the left) in copper. Interesting project for sure and look forward to seeing the result. The color of copper does blend nicely with the other colors in the Tbl.

#1487 3 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

Understood. I’m fairly proficient at Linux so I’m hoping to see if I can upgrade the kernel so that we aren’t all bound to these six year old motherboards for repair. I’ll wait until my machine arrives and clone the drive.

DP already has a Linux expert looking into this. No pressure however as they still have sufficient old motherboards at the moment for the coming months. But confident this will be taken care of by DP.

I made once an image when I hooked up the SSD via USB to a windows Pc and made an image in which sector copy was used. Have no experience with Linux so no idea if this will truely work. Am confident however that DP will help if needed plus I have a spare SSD which was flashed by DP. So should be save.

#1491 3 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

I guess I never realized. So TBL has a true backglass, not just a translite?

It’s a translite. It’s however in a kind of frame, compare it with the kind of frame you can buy to hang a translite on the wall. It’s different but same kind of idea.

#1494 3 years ago

How about removing the rubber just for a test. If it’s truely under tension it should move.

If than the shots are OK a solution could be a thinner rubber sleeve or just cut some rubber away.

#1497 3 years ago

Good to hear SDTM has improved

In regard to the flipper button protectors. The decals are laminated so in principal there should be need for these protectors.

And now up the scores !!

And am interested to see what you mean with :

Some PETG to make the loop on the upper playfield a little longer should prevent balls coming down instead of moving propper on the upper playfield.

#1499 3 years ago

Interesting.

Never saw a ball coming through the lane in place of full loop.

Than the flipper rubber touching the ball rail. I wonder if the flipper bushing is perhaps not OK and thus allowing the rubber to touch the rail. What did you do here to improve this?

#1503 3 years ago

I see twice the flipper responding as I would expect (with a hit the flipper goes a little down but recovers immediate) but the third time the flipper goes not only totally down but also doesn’t come up again. Did you stop pressing the flipper button?

#1504 3 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

For the bug list:
Only Walter-Mode is activated, no ball lightning: WalterMode with no sound. End of Mode ... music back.

Known bug. I call it the no music bug. As soon as the music changes its back again.

It’s line 39 on the bug list.

#1506 3 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Bug-List:
Upss .. will print it out and bring to the pin
I am also missing adjustments for ExtraBall ... I play with 3 balls and an extraball at 10 Millions would be a pleasure .

Extra ball is not coded yet. Can only get it as a mystery award.

OK. I see what you mean as a problem with the hold function ...
Its under investigation with DP. They thinking of a software solution to bring more strength to the hold function of the coil. If you connect the power part to the hold part it’s expected the Electronics will have no problem as The used transistors are very powerful but the coil can burn up.

1 week later
#1522 3 years ago

Somebody was very creative. Seen on Instagram

7921B64A-BB73-4FD9-8377-5E20853AD2B2 (resized).jpeg7921B64A-BB73-4FD9-8377-5E20853AD2B2 (resized).jpeg
#1525 3 years ago

Me like shiny things

2F4D54C3-BA19-40D9-82F5-5E3DAF02341C (resized).jpeg2F4D54C3-BA19-40D9-82F5-5E3DAF02341C (resized).jpeg4BC5FA93-8E57-4EB3-864A-F0975567A983 (resized).jpeg4BC5FA93-8E57-4EB3-864A-F0975567A983 (resized).jpeg83D2D20E-2569-4749-8A45-701D489793DD (resized).jpeg83D2D20E-2569-4749-8A45-701D489793DD (resized).jpegA5FD2A8D-3793-49F9-A6A8-E5C7DA14C1BE (resized).jpegA5FD2A8D-3793-49F9-A6A8-E5C7DA14C1BE (resized).jpegA81EB949-B82C-488C-91A0-6A7351DDF1F8 (resized).jpegA81EB949-B82C-488C-91A0-6A7351DDF1F8 (resized).jpegDAB8E924-E3B0-415E-A93A-312A6FCD2239 (resized).jpegDAB8E924-E3B0-415E-A93A-312A6FCD2239 (resized).jpeg
#1533 3 years ago

Sorry to read about your issues.

My first guess is that the rug mechanism needs some re-aligning. If the rug rolls out a little to much it’s jammed a little and doesn’t register hits as it should. Likely the height should be adjusted of the motor. In attacked picture you can see the screws which need to be loosened a little to be able to adjust.

How is it running in Testmode? Smoothly up and down?

Pls note it’s my first guess.

04B0D63F-968D-4C9F-AD7B-D9F3457DD528 (resized).jpeg04B0D63F-968D-4C9F-AD7B-D9F3457DD528 (resized).jpeg
#1548 3 years ago

The moving to a new factory is not yet in place. The final dots on the rental contract are being discussed right now. If everything goes well this should be taken care of by next week.

Production is up at the moment like approx 4 pcs every 6-7 working days.

DP only requires payment when unit is ready and just prior to shipment. Ofcourse shipping takes time and the distributor needs also some processingtime so like 3-5 weeks from payment till receiving doesn’t sound strange but 10?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1569 3 years ago

Had a so-so game tonight

16D39100-E5B0-4042-96E0-5BE63493C822 (resized).jpeg16D39100-E5B0-4042-96E0-5BE63493C822 (resized).jpeg87432ECF-1F98-4C27-9C1B-988082330289 (resized).jpeg87432ECF-1F98-4C27-9C1B-988082330289 (resized).jpegACFD3F15-7224-468C-9D26-EE554926B531 (resized).jpegACFD3F15-7224-468C-9D26-EE554926B531 (resized).jpeg
#1586 3 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

My question again: ARE there diodes on the coils ?
I have no diodes on the coil from factory and still my issues.

There are no diodes on the coils.

#1592 3 years ago

For me it sounded like a fair assessment .

Good news that the reason for a B+ and not an A is software related and this can be fixed and is even being worked upon as we speak

And yes, I think it’s already an A

#1596 3 years ago

Any review is subjective and I don’t agree with all their assements, that’s why it’s subjective. And software does change over the years. When TWD came out I found it meh but now it’s perhaps my favorite pinball. So can be they rate it a C when it came out where it’s now an A.

Anyway, just fun to watch, it’s subjective and in this case I can live with their assessment.

2 weeks later
#1616 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Is .52 the most current version of code?

yes

#1618 3 years ago

0.52 has only use for those with an EA apron as the difference is the integrated light show in the apron.

Plus a bug which happens sometimes with Super jackpot is solved.

Don’t have a copy, sorry.

#1624 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

So, with the new import tax to eu, seems like big lebowski becomes the one viable nib-option.
So how about getting a game from them?
If i order now, is it five months or what?
Howabout paying?
Not beeing rude, fronting cash to this company seems a gamble at best.
Cod seems the only way, but will dp accept that?
Is there a way to have someone, or do it yourself physically pick it up at location paying then?

Best you contact DP on this direct.

Payment is only required when you TBL is (nearly) finished. Guess paying in cash when pickup is done is possible but cash payments above certain limits in NL get special attention from the government ...

But talk this over direct with DP. Contact details are in their website.

1 week later
#1633 3 years ago
Quoted from TUFLYF:

I set up my TBL a few months ago. Played about 20 games or so without any problems that I could see. Played last night and the left slingshot keeps going off and when I get to the upper play field, the flipper only works once. Any input would be great.

There are modes in which the flipper works only once on the upper playfield, like car mode impound car and the rug mode where the car has to be hit.

So are you playing a specific mode or is it during regular gameplay?

#1643 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Anyone have a link to replacement stand up targets (stronger metal) and the stern-style roll over switches? What about the gate assembly in the back orbit? I wish DP Would publish a parts manual

I am running with these switches already for some time and they work great.

https://www.pinballlife.com/rollover-switch-with-mounting-bracket.html

You have to cut at some places the extended wire after the bend as it otherwise will touch the PCB.

Gate assembly, you mean the controlled ballgate?

1 week later
#1658 3 years ago

Home made volume button.

Got myself an extra metal plate as I like my mods to be reversible and drilled a hole in it, a one usdollar switch from eBay and soldered it to the coindoor keypad.

08152F6D-1339-45A7-A2AD-53CCA95A2A6E (resized).jpeg08152F6D-1339-45A7-A2AD-53CCA95A2A6E (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#1689 3 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

I have never been able to get my tilt plumb bob to work. I tried reseating the wires to the board, but no luck. Connections seem snug and OK.
Any suggestion(s) would be greatly appreciated.

I assume you tried out switch test for starters? Does it see the tilt being activated? If not, check the soldering of the plug on the board in the cabinet it’s connected to. Perhaps a solder joint is forgotten?

#1691 3 years ago

Mod 3 Barry’s choice is no D

You made him smile with this crazy mod

#1698 3 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

I have had a couple balls with very high velocity sneak by the kickback in the left outlane when it is lit and the ball ends. My Dialed In will recognize this and reserve the ball for you. Shouldn't TBL give the ball back to the shooters lane? Anyone else noticed this?
Thanks

It’s already on my bug-wishlist which can been seen at

If you find stuff pls find free to add it.

#1701 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Rensh gives bug list directly to DP/Koen software programmer. So good to note as they have good chance to be fixed.

Koen has the link and you can see that he even commented on some of the posts.

#1703 3 years ago
Quoted from Azlad:

Got a full set of five TBL Pop Funko figurines and want to use them to create a topper for my pin.
Basically going to mount them on a piece of plywood and then stick a 6.3vac LED spotlight beneath each of them. I’ve wired up the LED spotlights to a 5v dc psu and they’re working a treat. I could leave them as is with the external psu but just wondering if there’s a suitable power source in the machine itself so they’ll switch on and off with the machine?
PC power supply in it doesn’t seem to have any spare 5v connectors.
Thanks
Andy

Wondering. I know there is at least a 12VDC free next to the feed of the translite but think there is also one available next to the power for the lcd display? Not 100% sure but easy to check. Just make sure with a multimeter it’s indeed 5VDC.

64CC6226-379E-4D55-94C8-AA707216CB1E (resized).jpeg64CC6226-379E-4D55-94C8-AA707216CB1E (resized).jpeg6ED21163-7677-461E-BE00-2BF76986D50D (resized).jpeg6ED21163-7677-461E-BE00-2BF76986D50D (resized).jpeg
#1715 3 years ago

Also remember that it’s 6.3VAC. In the better leds (no flickering) you will find a bridge rectifier which means the leds are in fact supplied with 6,3VACx1,4=8,8VDC.

So when supplying a DC voltage to most pinball leds designed for 6,3VAC you need a much higher voltage as just 6,3VDC to get the original intended illumination.

#1719 3 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

Thanks for the follow-up. My tilt bob is recognized within the switch test, but I still cannot get the game to tilt. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong as I've never had this issue with any other game.

Ok. Switch test sees it soon guess this rules out a hardware problem.

Do you seen any warning if you nudge it very hard? Do you have a strange tilt setting in the menu? See part of concept manual attached on this topic.

958383A4-8B52-4392-AC7C-547FE218C555 (resized).jpeg958383A4-8B52-4392-AC7C-547FE218C555 (resized).jpeg
#1721 3 years ago

I spoke with programmer Koen and can inform you as follows

Testing with the ball in the shooterlane is of no use. Tilt is only activated as soon as points are scored. This was done because sometimes in the early days the ball didn’t come in the shooterlane and you had to nudge the machine to get ball in shooterlane.

How are you testing?

#1723 3 years ago

Very very puzzling but the search continues.

Question I have if truely the tilt plomb switch is recognized as this switch. Some people just listen if they hear the sound of an activated switch and don’t look on the display.

If you open the switch test menu does it truely say this as in attached picture?

You can also go into the switch test menu during gameplay, what does it say than?

Note: for future issues pls post them on this thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-lotta-ins-a-lotta-outs-tbl-maintenance-thread

C966DC5F-1DCF-4F77-A420-5C6E222CE26C (resized).jpegC966DC5F-1DCF-4F77-A420-5C6E222CE26C (resized).jpeg
#1725 3 years ago

Very strange and puzzling

Which software version are you running?

Am also consulting DP on this matter.

And would appreciate a picture to make sure it doesn’t say slam tilt

#1731 3 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

I didn't even notice that. Thanks for pointing this out. I'll take a look!
UPDATE: Looks like it was just a fluke. I am not seeing that switch closed anymore.
I did have a killer game after I did a switch test, only to have the game stall after not recognizing a Ball 3 drain. Of course, no ball search, so I was forced to power down. I have seen others complain about this issue as well.

I have noticed the same issue with a ball drain not being noticed think like 2-3 times in 1 year (1 time also in other Tbl). Made even a video on it with switch test active and you could see that ball was recognized in the ballthrough but nothing happened. It’s in my bug list but it is rare, with me at least. Have not seen it I think in the last 5-6 months.

Than your tilt. This remains a mystery. Was hoping the trampoline would provide a clue. Even tried with my TBL making trampoline active and than tilt it and my tilt still worked.

I have also a report on two people reporting the MAU inserts only work if D or E is lit up. Thinking something in the switch driver is not working 100% but what. Programmer does know of it and I hope he finds it when working on the software. Why you have it and others not like me, no idea

#1735 3 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

My TBL is eating balls ... during multiball one ball got stuck. The basssearch did not start ... is there a ballsearch ?
The ball is not to find .. I am confused and will add a new ball. Very strange ... checked the whole machine.

I checked today and a ball search was activated with me and did also include the coil of the scoop.

Missing ball mysteriously disappeared from the TBL. Is this a hint from DP their next license will be Harry Potter

#1736 3 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

I didn't loss a ball, but during a multiball last night I had two balls go missing somewhere under the mini playfield. After I lost the other balls in play, the game just kept playing music, but never went into a ball search. I think it would have just sat like this forever. I couldn't shake them loose, so I turn the game off. Booted it back up and the balls were kicked out of the bowling alley on the mini playfield. Not sure exactly where they were sitting. It appears there is no ball search.

Next time something happens like this pls activate the switch test. A ball search is implemented but could it be that a ball sat on a switch making it active and thus no ball search was started??

#1752 3 years ago

If your unit is a fresh built don’t worry so much pls. People make it sound like the ‘old’ TBLs are not working.

From the pictures I can see that the servo motor is not under the playfield so it has to be below the MPF.

#1758 3 years ago

Yup. Here you can see old style.

8B3A88AD-49C5-4F8F-BCDB-7A14DAFA2C63 (resized).jpeg8B3A88AD-49C5-4F8F-BCDB-7A14DAFA2C63 (resized).jpeg
#1763 3 years ago

So moving the stepper motor up was it four ease of service ability?

It makes the pin not only easier to service but also easier to assemble in production. So a win-win.

#1767 3 years ago

Converting would mean as just moving the stepper motor to the MPF. It would mean at least also a new door as the shaft is different and a new PCB what I can recall.

I know Barry mentioned once to think to make a kit but how would big would the interest be?

Is has nothing to do with reliability of obsolete parts after all. For an user the only advantage would be easier removal of the MPF.

#1769 3 years ago

For your info.

As most of you know I have strong ties with DP. Visited DP today and discussed with Barry possibility to help further from home-office (>1 hr cardrive from DP factory). This resulted in me handling first-line support. Eg mails sent to [email protected] will be handled first by me. If needed ofcourse the team at the factory will assist. I will continu to monitor the usual DP threads as I did befor so pls feel free to post also here your issues.

This should free Barry's hands more to speed up production (since december 2020 in total 4 new persons have been hired for production!!) and hopefully give you guys even better support.

I am learning so please be patient with me.

This is not my day job, just trying to lent a helping hand to all of you dudes out there.

Regards, Rens

#1771 3 years ago
Quoted from elmax75:

Hello, i'm a new owner of a TBL just bought NIB a couple of days, but i have a little issue with the rug mechanism, i fact when the rug made the move to place itself in the good low postion it have to made a little move up at the end (it free the switch sw50 - rug eos front), and some times, randomly it doesnt make this little move, in this situation when ball hit the rug, it does nothing.... but in test mode, the rug hit works, anybody already have seen this issue?
i made 2 videos to see the little move at the end of placement of rug.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1giqZYAk7DeQs4EMpA8SqNR0l5BkCoVPd/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iv-zS7twMeqSguchY8t6ihGc5gIWdtRy/view?usp=sharing

Sorry to read about your issue.

Its normal the rug moves a little back up when resetting itself. If indeed it doesnt make this small move rug hits are not registered. This usually means the motor isnt running freely enough eg the spinning axel is under a little tension. YTou could try to bent the leaf of switch 50 so it triggers a little bi earlier and avoid it to jam at the end. Pls try and let me know. Did you also try rug stepper test in the testmenu to see it runs freely up and down?

#1772 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Very logical to me- congrats

Thanks.

We will see the coming months how this will work. I do have a paid day job after all. Motivation is there and hopefully one day there will be so many DP pinballs in the world a full time guy is Needed

#1779 3 years ago

Rens,
I was thinking of picking up a backup power supply, does Barry sell them? Or should I just grab one of these, it’s a bit different but looks like it will work.
amazon.com link »
[quoted image]

Dont know which type is exactly used but at the end of the day its just a PC powersupply for 5 and 12 VDC regular available in a lot of styles. TBL is only consuming like 250-300 Watts top I am told. If you wanna have a backup I would wait till DP has depleted their current inventory of 'old' powersupplies and PC's and would see what they select as a replacement and go for that one. Honestly speaking I dont know what type its gonna be but I do know they are checking up some PC motherboards. Wait and see what they come up with. Their is no rush to have spares for now as if in the unlikely event it breaks now DP can supply/sell you one than.

If you want to spent money on backup I would rather go for a PROC. FYI, DP uses 'old style' eg current PROC isnt compatible as PROC moved the connection plugs on their new style PCB so it aint plug and play. DP has old style made but they order in quantity and this makes it worthwhile for PROC to roduce a batch.

#1781 3 years ago
Quoted from elmax75:

I’m working on code 0,53
Haven’t dare to change code. Perhaps must have to try 0,52 to see what happens.

This is not a software version issue. If you would install 0.52 you would see no difference besides that the rgb lightning would have wrong colors.

#1787 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Will they order older versions of PROC when they run out of them or will DP convert to new PROC format.

Yes. V1 is ordered.

Not so easy to change to V2 as Proc changed the connector layout making the V2 incompatible with the DP boards. The V1 is piggy backed on the DP boards thus changing a connector layout as p3 did create an issue.

According to multimorphic website you can sent them an email if you want a V1 version.

#1792 3 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

Rensh and dkjimbo - Thanks again for your help. It WAS the light trampoline that was causing my issue. The target itself was wedged back and rubbing up against the left and right posts. Once I fixed this, I was finally able to get the tilt to work during gameplay. Rookie move on my part for not noticing that it was closed during the switch test.
Anyways, thank you both again. Many thanks to rensh, who I consider to be the LTG for The Big Lebowski. Your effort is awesome and greatly appreciated! Another TBL owner messaged me with a similar issue and I was able to pay it forward with suggested measures thanks to the help given to me. This is why I love this hobby.

Dear highdef

First of all plsd to read your problem is fixed. I had yesterday a contact with a Scott reporting same issue and I asked him to check status active switches but havent heard back from him (yet). This was prior to this post.

When you reported it first time I did try to duplicate it on my TBL but my tilt remained working. I did just a more serious try with shorting the trampoline target permanent and tried several conditions, inlcuding booting with short in place but cannt duplicate it. So it remains a bit of a mystery but lets just enjoy the fact it works now

Than your other kind words, THANK YOU. I do my best to lent a helping hand but comparing me with the great LTG, that are big shoes to fill

#1797 3 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

Very glad to join the club yesterday, the owner of Pinball Life listed his game for sale in the preorder thread last week and I was able to line things up first. In the first night of play the car mech stopped working and in the test settings won’t extend or retract. I was able to push in the corner to extract the car and the motor kicks on and pulls it back in. It won’t extend on its on during tests or work at all during gameplay after working fine for the first few games. Any suggestions?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sent a mail to [email protected] but can already tell you that the first question will be to go into switch test and see which switches are active. It sound like the TBL already thinks car is in place? And second advise would be to run a stepper motor test.

#1802 3 years ago
Quoted from funkycoucou:

hi everyone ... what tilt to give to the pinball machine? thank you and happy valentine's day

If you mean pitch or angle it’s like 6.0-6.5 degrees I believe

#1821 3 years ago

Rensh I heard a rumor that TBL production will be capped at 500 games total, is there any truth to that? Also I sent an email to you and Barry with some questions on parts let me know if you got it?

Aha. Is your name in real life Sean B? Than I got it and I have tomorrow evening my weekly meeting with Barry in which open issues are discussed and you are on the list . Can tell you already a webshop is under construction.

Than the 500 pcs, don’t know where this comes from but is unknown to me but I don’t know everything but don’t think this is correct.

1 week later
#1825 3 years ago

Alpha testing version 0.54

Is first of all meant for some debugging and improve holdcoil power but programmer managed to squeeze some extras in, like a real extra: extra ball is coded

But some additional light effect, scoring, enhancement of Nihilist mode etc is there to.

But first testing has to be finished, for sure some debugging is needed as with all software and than public release. So guess it will be several weeks. But it’s a good sign of progress made

848D8145-5771-4CA5-844B-68EF4BC6873D (resized).jpeg848D8145-5771-4CA5-844B-68EF4BC6873D (resized).jpeg
#1829 3 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

Hello. Trying to hook up Pinstadium. I can’t find a Plug Outlet. Can anyone tell me where it is.
Thanks

The PSU in the backbox has spare 12V outputs. This is where also the translite is connected.

Frankly speaking don’t think TBL needs pinstadium but that’s personal.

80111619-6C07-4CAA-9C4B-BDE2C18C54AB (resized).jpeg80111619-6C07-4CAA-9C4B-BDE2C18C54AB (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#1836 3 years ago

For those current owners of older TBLs and interested in upgrading to some of the improvements I attached two manuals I made on doing this.

I consider them more or less done and the exact package might change a little but there is always room for improvement. Should give you at least a good idea whats envolved.

Price for the MPF kit is EUR 250 and per ballgate is EUR 50 (is only part below playfield, TBL has 2 pcs). If you have a proper working ballgate it will not bring much I think, this was more for easier to get parts and easier assemble in production but they do open a little wider and faster. The MPF kit makes it easier to remove the MPF in the future if needed.

Pricing is in EURO, excl. VAT (US no VAT is charged), excl. shipping.

If interest mail to [email protected] with your adress to get total price including shipping.

MPF kit Installation guide.pdfMPF kit Installation guide.pdfRevised ballgate Installation guide.pdfRevised ballgate Installation guide.pdf
#1838 3 years ago

Yup. I made one. It is based in the MPF kit guide. It’s not hard to do.

MPF Removal and installation guide.pdfMPF Removal and installation guide.pdf
#1845 3 years ago
Quoted from bounoun:

Same issue here, somtimes in single pin mode it doesnt register a successful hit.
As far as I understand the bowling hit is actived when the ball passes the opto. I am going to try to fix it this weekend, would adjusting the optos help? Or is the angle calculated by the ball launcher mech?

Posted some FAQ documents in the maintenance thread seen at https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-lotta-ins-a-lotta-outs-tbl-maintenance-thread/page/8#post-6179610

There is also one on Bowling

Let me know your findings. Would be nice to keep maintenance issues in that thread centralized.

#1846 3 years ago

Proof of concept manual finally ready

Explanation menu and gamerules.

Won’t be long I hope now.

5F16EFC0-0B13-47F8-980A-2008D8CC8ABA (resized).jpeg5F16EFC0-0B13-47F8-980A-2008D8CC8ABA (resized).jpeg
#1848 3 years ago
Quoted from ShinyNick:

Rens sent me the bowling FAQ that helped me determine that my orange ball launcher was loose . I tightened the allen key hex screw and its working properly now. Aiming is still not 100% but it seems like that's the nature of the roll down design.
Thanks Rens!

Happy to have been of service. Aiming to make more of this kind of tutorials.

Next firmware rel (testing now what is expected to be final version after 5 intentional test releases) has an option which hopefully should improve the bowling accuracy. It will never be 100% I guess but 90% plus would be great. Mine exceeds that 90% but tolerances are a part of life.

#1851 3 years ago

Here you go, a complete overview of a fresh built. I find the TBL also a nice picture from below. Very tidy.

234A53D9-A790-4B98-8CCA-7F91964832E7.jpeg234A53D9-A790-4B98-8CCA-7F91964832E7.jpeg
#1853 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Can a physical knocker or shaker be added to TBL?
Thanks,
Jeff

Not supported by software.

You could wire up something to a flasher? Can imagine it would be nice if you hit the car a shaker would fire but for the rest it’s not really a shaker pin I think.

#1858 3 years ago

Sounds like a switch issue. Next time when it happens activate switch test and see if the switch in the scoop is active. Think it needs some minor te adjusting.

In coming firmware release the ball search is quicker active.

This kind of questions better put in the TBL maintenance thread.

#1861 3 years ago

You can find the 'application notes' I made from now on at

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9x448ip0ib4shvq/AAACf-gf-VRBhe9f69kmL8wAa?dl=0

When there are new version(s) I will put them in this dropbox folder

#1864 3 years ago

Go into the menu and select adjustments solenoids.

Here you can increase flipper power

Make sure nothing mechanical is an issue. Eg are the flippers moving smoothly and no obstruction is present.

Also do you feel it’s to soft caused by lack of flipper power or is the rattling in the dude ramp and thus being rejected at the end?

#1874 3 years ago

Ball search does work with me but takes a long time. In coming release the ball search mechanism is improved.

#1877 3 years ago

The saucer is not something which works with great power. I would check below playfield if all screws are tight in place and the plunger hits the ball correctly.

#1888 3 years ago
Quoted from LITZ:

I think #62. I would have to go back to the thread of EAs with their numbers.

You can also just look on the plague on the apron but yep, you are EA 62

Congrats and now

#1892 3 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Rens is your warranty.

#1893 3 years ago
Quoted from PinheadEDM:

Hi Rensh, any idea when the new code will be finished? Is it just mostly stability for code? Anything innovative?

Hopefully this week otherwise next week.

It’s a mix of bugfixes and added features/lights/callouts/flipperstrength.

What do you call innovative? Changelog is quite long but think most will see it as (a lot of) tweaking making it even more pleasant and versatile to play. It’s not a complete rewrite, also don’t think it’s needed. The code does the theme justice and makes good use of the assets. Consulted beta testers liked it. It does offer a coded extra ball

#1895 3 years ago

Not (yet).

#1898 3 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Did the second white russian sound effect get fixed.. was some kind of OS bing bong sound ?

No idea which sound you are referring to so don’t know, sorry.

#1905 3 years ago

What I am suspecting is that there is one or more stuck switches causing this issue. I have seen weird behavior because of this.

This is the reason 054 firmware release hasn’t happened and it will be rel 055 to be released this or next week. In rel 055 there is a switch test integrated checking stuck and unused switches when booting or entering the testmenu. Customer will now see a warning if something is noted so at least we know this is the case.

09FB357D-0623-4E9F-B369-08FD1C0B427F (resized).png09FB357D-0623-4E9F-B369-08FD1C0B427F (resized).png2239C742-FABE-45A5-8ACD-E97AA1287D34 (resized).png2239C742-FABE-45A5-8ACD-E97AA1287D34 (resized).pngB6BFDD81-0BF6-4004-A6BC-53536D562251 (resized).pngB6BFDD81-0BF6-4004-A6BC-53536D562251 (resized).png
#1907 3 years ago

It’s not only a visual warning but also audio in Lebowski style ofcourse

Koen is the man. There are three quotes of which one is random picked

See

https://photos.app.goo.gl/s12R56Tq7KwPo1mv7

#1911 3 years ago

Manual is finally available for download. Manual is mainly explanation testmenu and gamerules at the moment.

It’s meant for code 054 where code released will be 055. But don’t wanna delay it any longer. A manual for rel 055 will follow ASAP. Software always outruns the manual

Normal res:
https://www.dutchpinball.com/files/manuals/Dutch_Pinball_2021_The_Big_Lebowski_Pinball_Manual.pdf

High res:
https://www.dutchpinball.com/files/manuals/Dutch_Pinball_2021_The_Big_Lebowski_Pinball_Manual_HIRES.pdf

#1918 3 years ago

I assume .55 will include the code for the lighted apron?

052 is 051 plus code lighted apron
053 is 052 plus code for new board set

Play wise there are no differences I think.

1 week later
#1927 3 years ago

Dear fellow Dude,

It is with pleasure that we announce not only the first release of an Operation manual for your TBL but also the release of a long-awaited new release software for your TBL: version 0.55.

Both can be found at the Lebowski page on the Dutch Pinball website: https://www.dutchpinball.com/the_big_lebowski_pinball
This software update adds Extra Ball opportunities, Bonus Multipliers, Nihilist Showdown add-a-ball and various other improvements in rules, diagnostics, visuals, audio and toys.

Both the manual and software show the dedication from DP to make your beloved TBL even better and support it to the best way possible. We fully realize it has been a long journey, but these are two important steps on this journey. And this journey hasn’t ended with these two releases!

The manual on the website is for rel 0.54 and will be upgraded soon to fully match software release 0.55. Most important difference is an added switch test which I explain in a switch FAQ which can be seen at : https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9x448ip0ib4shvq/AAACf-gf-VRBhe9f69kmL8wAa?dl=0

Enjoy, stay healthy and have a good weekend !

Kind regards,

Rens
Dutch Pinball Support

#1928 3 years ago

Didn’t know till few minutes ago pinside was up again.

Used was DP Facebook, German forum (used above text) and I emailed everybody I know from support issues.

So, enjoy and see this as a good sign DP is committed to support TBL and keep building them AND delivering EA

#1935 3 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

The one thing this game desperately needed was an updated code. Well done dp!
Does anyone have a stream going? I want to see some of it.

As you wish. Not my best game but gives you an idea. Hope Youtube will not block is for the US

#1943 3 years ago

The picture is totally out of proportion and can’t read the text in display unfortunately.

What does it say? Is it possible to post a better picture or is Pinside not working properly?

#1944 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

With the new code we haven’t run into any of the previous bugs yet although I still haven’t gotten an extra ball... LOL
Jeff

It’s coded

Easiest way is via three Mark it zeros. Completing 3 rug modes is much more challenging

#1945 3 years ago

Some more random gameplay can be seen at

First game went reasonable well, after that it went down hill fast

#1964 3 years ago

One thing I recall some people saying about the game was that you couldn't really complete all the "modes" to advance to the final wizard. Has that changed with the update?

As far as I know you can complete the modes but the end wizard is not programmed yet.

#1965 3 years ago

In regard to the failed updates. This is being investigated what is happening.

I made a small video which shows how you can revert back to the previous version, approx 1 minute mark.

See https://photos.app.goo.gl/XQHyXf86XMjkd9gN7

The version number mentioned in the Version file makes the TBL decide from which folder to boot. The run.log file is of interest for the programmer trying to determine what is going wrong.

#1966 3 years ago

Further more I made a small tutorial on explaining the new test report function. I can imagine this raises some questions.

See

Hope this explains enough. If not, let me know.

#1968 3 years ago

Someone was telling me that the modes were VERY hard to complete. Has that been changed?

Don’t think so but these are settings you can adjust to your liking.

#1980 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Hi all. As of yesterday I finally became an owner of TBL (non-EA, NIB, serial DP-01-00478)! I'm still getting used to the menus and what the games automatic testing warnings/errors mean. So far everything is working without issue, except for one thing. This test error keeps displaying almost every time I power up, but not 100% consistently:
"Bowling Release EOS Left (stuck closed)"
I've pulled up the PF and wiggled all of what I think are the "EOS" switches and I'm not seeing anything physically wrong/stuck. However, I may not be looking at the right place since I also don't know the exact switch/coil this error is referring to. I can't seem to find the answer in the online manual or by searching pinside. If it helps, the game came installed with software version 0.53 and the issue was right out of the box. I did update to 0.55 and that didn't change anything. I'm a newbie to this machine so if you have any ideas, please let me know. Thanks!

You are looking at the wrong spot. This switch is under the bowling launcher in the bowling alley and more or less not visible. Does your launcher work?

See a faq I made on the bowling alley at https://www.dropbox.com/s/67awiniti5xg709/Bowling%20Alleys%20operations%20FAQ.pdf?dl=0

Let me know your findings.

Best is to ask this kind of questions in the tbl maintenance thread by the way. And ofcourse you can report them at [email protected].

#1987 3 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Can’t get my machine to take the .55 code. Dowloaded it three different times and used three different USB drives (2.0 and 3.0) and no dice. Dropped the whole unopened folder into the drives which have no other updates or other files on it, using the USB port in front like advised which usually connects to the sound board. Upgrading from .51 and using a Mac. I have updated tons of game in the past and this has me stumped. I press the button to update from the USB prompt and it says “reading USB” for a millisecond and then...nothing. Anyone have any ideas?

You state the whole unopened folder, are you sure it’s still zipped ?? Some computer auto unzip it.

Than you can try ofcourse several of the USB ports. The two on the left are usb3, on the right are usb2. You can take out for instance the audio usb of place is. Ended as it’s not needed during update anyway.

#1994 3 years ago
Quoted from Tkaye:

Thanks Svente69. I've been disconnecting the USB for the Proc to do the update because that's the port indicated on the website photo instructions. Clearly, it needs to remain installed there. What port am I supposed to insert the Usb into? I can't seem to get the game to find it when I put it anywhere...

If the update is not seen very likely your file is no longer zipped. It has to remain zipped as downloaded. There are completes which do auto unzip after download, so make sure it’s still zipped as per the instructions on the website.

#2003 3 years ago

In the backbox there is a spare 12V next to the one where the translite is connected.

#2012 3 years ago

Here you go. It’s the flatcable running from the pcb upwards in the picture.

F8FFFAEE-C0FC-4655-8972-5D8CA2CA281F (resized).jpegF8FFFAEE-C0FC-4655-8972-5D8CA2CA281F (resized).jpeg
#2013 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Approximately $685 US dollar (apron plus shipping).

Eur 495 excl VAT excl shipping. VAT is not required for the US.

#2016 3 years ago
Quoted from Dexter:

Where can one purchase the apron? Thanks

Just sent an email to [email protected] mentioning full name, adress en TBL serialno.

Than you will get an invoice for exact amount incl shipping. Next step is paying it and than shipment will be done .

#2028 3 years ago
Quoted from Dexter:

Thanks - so I need to wait until my game is delivered and I have a serial number before ordering the apron? On order with CoinTaker.
Ryan

Aha. I see. No, the serialno is more needed for my records and tracing but not a must. So go ahead if you want one prior to having the TBL.

#2033 3 years ago

In regard to the power taken from the mod connector. As follows:

1) is on your own risk
2) only 5 and 12V available, max 1A.
3) these are none fused lines !! As the PSU can deliver plenty of power you run the risk of blown pcb traces due to much power !
4) if you take by chance one of the led driving channels, those can only deliver 20mA and overloading it can blow a channel(s) on the P3led bord.

Best and safest solution remaining is the 12V in the backbox. Use it with a 12V to 5V or 3V converter if those voltages are needed. Just a few bucks.

The PSY can deliver 35A @ 12V and 20A @ 5V. There is thus some room left for mods ....

#2036 3 years ago

Some experience in adjusting switches is not only convenient with a NIB TBL

It’s of all brands. But those service rails make me Jealous.

C8898AE3-1653-4039-8E80-50741371C952 (resized).jpegC8898AE3-1653-4039-8E80-50741371C952 (resized).jpeg
#2040 2 years ago

Installed an upgrade tonight.

A stern leveler at 6.5 degrees and some protection.

0767E3C2-A010-4A77-AB30-E50379D207D5 (resized).jpeg0767E3C2-A010-4A77-AB30-E50379D207D5 (resized).jpegDBBE99EC-9ECF-4E84-989A-333DC2F1C91D (resized).jpegDBBE99EC-9ECF-4E84-989A-333DC2F1C91D (resized).jpeg
#2050 2 years ago

The lit apron uses 12V only from the Mod connector. If 12VDC would not make it to the main mother board a lot more would not work on the playfield. Doesn’t garantuee ofcourse it gets to the mod connector but a (very) good chance there is 12V available.

#2061 2 years ago
Quoted from lagoontrap:

Hi all TBL owners
I have had my TBL für around 8 weeks and so far it has never worked flawlessly. The latest software update has brought some improvements though.
Remaining problems:
- I have never heard all the song clips playing
- Ball drain and then the machine goes into ball search mode
- Ball sometimes stays in saucer or Jesus hole and just stays there, ball search doesn't get going.
Maybe someone can help me with those issues or provide a link with answers? Sorry I just didn't feel like reading through the 2058 posts looking for answers.
Thanks
Kaspar

Best to post maintenance issues in the maintenance thread seen at https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-lotta-ins-a-lotta-outs-tbl-maintenance-thread/page/11#post-6261448

And as Tom suggests it sounds like a switch issue. Start with the ball through switches. See FAQs I made at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9x448ip0ib4shvq/AAACf-gf-VRBhe9f69kmL8wAa?dl=0

What is your TBL serial number?

#2063 2 years ago
Quoted from lagoontrap:

Hi Tom and Rensh
Thanks for your answers!!! Just to be more precise Tom: How many song clips are there? Seems like mine so far hast only played the Gipsy Kings song that it always starts with and maybe a second one. So when do the other song clips start playing? When you complete more and more modes? What song is supposed to play in what mode? I just don't understand.
Rensh: Thanks for the two links. I'll post further questions there. I'll start checking the switches. My TBL's serial number is 444. Is that good luck?
Regards
Kaspar

Each ball has its own song. Never heard of a bug where always same song is played for each ball. Are you running rel 055? Make a video otherwise. And how about the modes and multiball? Also same song?

And my lucky number is 4 so 444 is triple luck for me

See you in the maintence thread.

#2076 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

That's the pic I needed. Thank you.

Here you have a lot of pictures on the rug toy

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ufx5p11cp62vl1s/Rug%20Toy%20FAQ.pdf?dl=0

#2079 2 years ago

Spike and TBL are very similar in this aspect. So no worries.

#2109 2 years ago

For all those looking for a power splitter.

Pinball life is carrying this in their product line:

https://www.pinballlife.com/power-tap-for-atx-power-supply-games.html

#2118 2 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

My game has only a handful of plays on it. Right flipper was working fine, now it raises and drops right back down, even if you hold the button. Went to look at the EOS switch and it is nonexistent. What's up with that? Any ideas how to correct this?
Thanks

There is no EOS switch on TBL.

Sounds like a hold issue. Can you swap the connectors on the main pcb so left flipper is activated with right button and vice versa? If the problem remains at right flipper we know it’s something with the coil assy. Pls check wiring for something loose.

Which serialnumber do you have?

#2123 2 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

I might be crazy, but after doing the code update on my machine the behavior of multi-ball has changed. With two characters ready, I still only get a 2 ball multi-ball, but in the past it was 3 ball multi-ball ( ball in play +1 ball for each character). Am I crazy?

Yup. You are crazy

As answered already per mail this morning it’s 1 ball per character with only exception being that 1 character multiball has 2 balls.

#2125 2 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Rensh
When I flipped the coil connectors on the board, the problem switched to the left flipper. Is my coil bad?
Thanks

So

Left button left coil working
Right button right coil not working

Left button right coil not working
Right button left coil working

Assuming the wires are correct connected to the coil my conclusion is coil is defective.

#2127 2 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Yes, your scenario is correct. The right flipper worked about 10 games then started doing this. Should I work this through Cointaker?

CT being ‘local’ and knowing this is a standard BW coil I think that’s the easiest and fastest way.

Note: in case you get a standard BW coil this likely has a diode. Don’t forget to remove the diode !!

1 week later
#2146 2 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Hey dudes, I might be late to the party but does anybody have any ideas in regards to this? Am I buying a USB keyboard to get this to go away?
Haven’t played the game in about a month and haven’t touched anything it seems like it has a mind of its own and this is what I get when I play tonight. New shit has come to light: Rensh [quoted image]

Made a FAQ on this:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/va6ipxwx7x8mt4s/System%20error%20pop-up%20FAQ.pdf?dl=0

I have gathered all my FAQ’s in 1 document 128 pages which I expect to release this weekend. So than it will be one link always containing all info-knowledge I have.

#2154 2 years ago

6.5 degrees is recommended pitch.

I installed a 6.5 degrees level bulb and it’s spot on.

35988DB5-C2FE-41DC-A402-DB41EE23CA76 (resized).jpeg35988DB5-C2FE-41DC-A402-DB41EE23CA76 (resized).jpeg
#2157 2 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

I mentioned this a couple of weeks ago, but I'm not sure why my car door just started to manually swing open by itself.
Door closes OK after ball drains, but then it creeps back open, especially when I go for Bowling skill shot, as it blocks the entrance to the subway. Game is level and pitch is 6.5.
Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. I've never been able to get this game 100%, so hoping one day it can be fully enjoyed. I finally got my subway working and then this started happening.
[quoted image]

This belongs in the maintenance thread but it’s interesting.

That it closes after ball drains I can explain as door position is checked very time at start of a new ball. but why is it opening slowly? It is gravity? If so, I would expect it also to open slowly when pin is turned off. Or do you have the feeling vibrations are causing it to go open? To check if vibrations are causing it you could try to disable the car in the menu or perhaps even better, remove the plug of the stepper motor on the pcb. Than you know it’s not the stepper motor itself moving.

Try this and we take it from there but pls move this thread to the maintenance thread. Thanks.

#2159 2 years ago

Just finished my first version of a Support manual in which I gathered all FAQ's I made and some made by DP

It can be seen and downloaded at https://www.dropbox.com/s/tpyc5ww2te7rxz7/Technical%20support%20TBL%20FAQ%20manual.pdf?dl=0

If new releases come it will be at the same download link

Hopes this helps all users to keep their TBL up and running as smoothly as possible

#2182 2 years ago

I'm a huge code guy, love my wizard modes!
My concern and hesitancy about getting a TBL, is that although the code is apparently fun, it's not complete.
For what I understand, the objectives to getting to a wizard mode (which I don't believe exists yet) are also almost impossible.
Is that accurate?

It all depends on the settings. Completing all tasks to get to the final wizzard mode (not programmed yet) will be a challenge on standard settings and not for everyone (including me). You can however adjust the settings to make it more achievable.

Have a look otherwise at the operational manual I made which includes gamerules downloadable from the DP website at https://www.dutchpinball.com/the_big_lebowski_pinball_downloads.php

#2187 2 years ago

It definitely sounds like a fun game, but I personally don't change settings as I like to just see where I get on a game at factory default.
But making a wizard mode impossible to reach by default sounds like a waste of a pinball moment (wizard) and a lost opportunity to make a brilliant game.
I like hard games, but I like to know in time I'll beat it.
Reaching Last Man Standing in TWD was probably the greatest pinball moment for me, and insanely, I did it on ball 1!!!
Thanks for all the input. I'll wait to see how the code shapes up

I am not saying it’s impossible. Just that intonation for everyone but you can change the settings to Make it achievable for everyone.

Same is applicable for my Twd and AC/DC. Never saw or expecting see the final wizzard mode and best the game. With gotg I still have hope ☺️

#2200 2 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

Whos's making this lighted apron? Any links? thanks in advance.

Wild guess, DP ??

Sent an email to [email protected] if you wish one. Price is eur 495 excl Vat and shipping.

Material is however in back order and will take at least several weeks till shipment.

#2205 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Rules / Scoring question on the 'Trampoline' stand up target I'm curious about... I notice the Trampoline stand up target switch on my game doesn't give points but when the kicker is used then hitting the standup awards another kicker charge... Is this how this supposed to work ?
TY Joe

The only function I think for this target to activate the kickback. Not meant to give points.

#2216 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Game in stock? My guess is it was just built. Does anyone have a number greater than 507?

On a German forum I saw no 508 being mentioned. I think this was a last week pickup.

#2226 2 years ago

Rensh when does the license expire and will there be any issues extending? Also how are the old stock playfields holding out? Any idea when Barry will Barry will have to order a new batch from Mirco?

Is has been already extended and I believe till end 2022. So license is the least of possible issues.

A new batch at mirco has already been ordered or is about to be ordered. Barry is well aware of the issues JJP is having and this has been a topic of discussion between DP and Mirco. In order to ramp up production and overcome the issues every supply chain is experiencing now DP is and has been ordering a shitload of parts in order to stabilize production. Playfields are a part of that.

I know of zero issues with the old playfields.

#2227 2 years ago

Wow. At this pace it'd take another 8 years to fulfill those orders.
If they could ramp up production and get to their next game (Queen, if I remember?) they would absolutely clean house.

Queen? That’s the first time I hear DP and queen in one sentence. If I am not mistaking former Heighway pinball was rumored to have the queen license.

#2235 2 years ago
Quoted from Shabazz18:

Yikes. Mirco makes them? I've been thinks very hard about ordering one, not so sure if that's the case. GnR is a disaster and I'm stuck with a CE and bad Mirco PF

Sorry to read that.

Till now zero issues have been reported but DP is still running old mirco playfields.

If you put yourself on the list now still plenty of time to see how the new batch turns out. DP will test and not over torque them as Mirco is claiming to be the cause of the issues for what’s it worth.

1 week later
#2262 2 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

Thanks. I switched because code wouldn’t load and that is a pic from the DP Directions screen so I figured it must be wrong on mine. I just did a drag and drop on the .zip to USB. I’m going to look up coping to root folder on USB. I think that is my problem.

Usually the problem is that the Zip file was unzipped. Some computers do this automatic. Also the zip file needs to Benin the root indeed.

#2270 2 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

Can anyone show off the lighted apron in video? I want to see if its worth it for me. I only see pictures of it here. Thanks in advance.

This is an EA version. Standard version is similar, just not mentioning early achiever.

Pricing is eur 495 excl vat excl shipping.

#2273 2 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

Just place my order with Cointaker. Thank you!!
I love how the stars light up at different times.

It beats a usd 2000 topper any time of the day

2 weeks later
#2314 2 years ago
Quoted from DrBernd:

All of a sudden a new issue came to life: GI flickering, flashers constant on, playfield lamps confused…. turned the game off
Any ideas???

Sounds like a confused Pdled. There are two of those controlling the GI inserts etc.

One is called pdled0 and the other one pdled1. They are daisy chained eg if a data line is corrupted due to no contact to pdled0 also pdled1 will be influenced. Best start is to make sure the pdled boards are properly seated on their piggy back connectors. Push on them to assure this. Are there screws in place which secure the boards to the piggy back.

Prior to pushing the boards touch a grounded spot first to get rid of any built up ESD.

Let me know how you get along.

Oh, and what is your serialnumber ?

#2316 2 years ago
Quoted from DrBernd:

Hi, thanks for quick reply. I will try…
My TBL is #507.

You are welcome. Pls also post problems issues etc in the future in the maintenance thread

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-lotta-ins-a-lotta-outs-tbl-maintenance-thread/page/14#post-6360227

Thanks.

#2318 2 years ago
Quoted from DrBernd:

Ok. Is there any description of where all the parts, boards etc. are located? Did not find any information in manual, operation instructions etc….

All documentation I have and made can be found at

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9x448ip0ib4shvq/AAACf-gf-VRBhe9f69kmL8wAa?dl=0

In regard to location of the pdled boards, they are piggy backed to the big pcb below playfield and are labeled. You can’t miss them, no worries.

#2320 2 years ago
Quoted from DrBernd:

Thanks again. I have all your documents added to my dropbox already
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"3fc24fc87583660281f54cf757a16a87fc81a4cb-1625398324-1800"};
//]]>

(well done!)
Will there be a parts list being added in the future?

This is on my wishlist as well but don’t think this will happen soon, sorry

Getting TBLs out the door is just prio 1 and you can’t imagine how much time it’s costing nowadays to get parts in, on time and in the right quality without paying a fortune

So frustrating to have finally financing in place, personal trained and hired, bigger building rented so let’s role and than the supply chain is failing …

#2323 2 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

Sorry to ask this stupid question here. I am on a list to get TBL in December or January but I can trade a spot in line with a friend and get it in October. How is the code at the moment? Is the game playable to get somewhere in the game? I apologize in advance if I don't make much sense. How often do you guys see an update? Any reply is greatly appreciated. TBL is also a dream theme for me.

Yes, code is up to par and better as many many many BW games. It’s not Lyman sheath depth or Lotr Keith depth but surely playable and more important: enjoyable. Also, if updates come out, and they will, your October tbl can be updated ofcourse.

So, grab it early I would say.

#2328 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Is there any way to turn off the switch errors for the coin door controls? It's stupid that they show up as errors because they havn't been used after 20 games. Coin door switches should not count.

Sorry, no way to adjust it (yet at least). But programmer is aware and is on his agenda for next release (no timeline set yet)

#2331 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

awesome TY. Can they also put an adjustment in there for Adjusting the brightness of the backglass. That would be great too.

Back glass gets his power direct from the 12V of the power supply. Don’t think this os controllable at all. You would need than to put a voltage regulator yourself to manually regulate the power feed to the translite.

Do you find it to bright? Is something personal ofcourse but never had this question befor. But do also have invisiglass myself so glare is already reduced by that.

#2344 2 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

You need to order through CoinTaker (US) or Nitro Pinball (Canada) in North America.
Current price is $12,500 plus shipping and tax (as applicable). You may find this thread informational:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club

Was shipping not included at usd 12500??

In any case this is for CT to answer.

#2359 2 years ago

Anyone know a source that has chrome rails and lockdown bar in stock right now?

Lockbars are one of the most difficult parts to get for DP talking about vendor problems.

It’s official not chrome by the way but high polished nowadays. Very very difficult to see the difference between them by the way.

#2361 2 years ago

Questions to owners... Is that right ramp a smooth shot, or is it bricky? I have an R&M, and the left ramp is just a pain. I can live with having one game like that, but definitely not two.
Also, do the upper and lower playfields get old quick? I'm not a fan of most secondary pfs personally. Not a fan of the upper pf on GoT, the lower on Munsters and ACDC, etc...
And finally, Rensh do you happen to know if they're going to put a final wizard mode in the game and make it reachable to reasonably skilled players?
Thanks all

The right ramp is for sure doable but I prefer to shoot it on the fly as from a cradled flipper the ball has difficulty to reach the end of the ramp.

The upper playfield had last ability for sure and incorporates many functions. Bowling alley is a great toy and really belongs in a Lebowski pinball but I can understand if people don’t see lastability in it.

Than the final wizzard. For sure it will be programmed but telling for a non existing wizzard if it is obtainable yes or no?
Let’s say that you need to light up 5 inserts and I only got to 3 yet. But I am not really focusing on this. In any case, the difficulty is programmable so you can always adjust this to you liking.

I hope this helps you in your choice.

#2366 2 years ago

Where did you get the pins and where will they go in the game?

There are plenty found on Ali expres as a keychain. Personally I don’t think they look OK in the TBL but that’s personal taste. And you get a bowling ball to

https://a.aliexpress.com/_vUzOGt

#2391 2 years ago
Quoted from Eagle14:

Any word from DP on how to get some plastics that don't disintegrate on touch? My machine looks like it has been through a war and it only has a handful of games on it.

Hmm. Let me make a wild guess. Contact DP perhaps . Sent an email to [email protected].

Include some pictures as I am curious to see a TBL which has gone to war and TBL serialno . Oh, and full adress for shipping costs.

#2393 2 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

I bought an lit apron from someone that sold their game and never installed. Are installation instructions posted somewhere?
Thanks

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pk1v19nh80ic1hz/EA%20Apron%20Installation.pdf?dl=0

#2397 2 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Anyone else getting feedback or a high pitch buzz from their lit apron?
Thanks

Nope. It’s only leds and some fets I think so how that could cause a high pitch buzz?

#2411 2 years ago

It helped. I still need to polish up the balls with just a cloth to get them shiny but it appears scratches are less. Scratches also don’t disappear with polishing them up with just a cloth.

#2428 2 years ago

Got some good news which I can share with the owners on the software front

Within 2 weeks rel 056 is expected to be released which will be mostly bug fixes. After that version DP wants to shift focus from overdue maintenance (but now finished with 056 as far as software can ever be bug free) on the code to expanding the code and work on rel 1.0. So this means new modes, clips (Bunny!), end wizzard, more bowling alley variety, etc..

Good news for us owners!

#2447 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Thanks cpr9999 any idea what this fuse is? Says T1,6L 250v ? I have on hand 1amp - 6amp 250v fuses

On the big PCB the fuselist is silk screened so if you know the fusenumber easy to identify which value it is.

They are all slow (mark T for slow on the fuse (T stands for Traag which is Slow in English)

IMG_2746 (resized).JPGIMG_2746 (resized).JPG
#2448 2 years ago

Than the clicking sound reported by several new users.

When I read Soulriders email last night late I recognized the sound being the safety relais in the PS in the backbox and as it was a new shipment I was hoping for a loose connector due to shipment, hence the mail to Soulrider to check the connector on the PS where the safetycircuit is connected to the PS.

However, when I saw today the reports on Pinside that Soulrider wasnt the only one I reached out to the factory and they also just got the message something was wrong with several of the last shipment of TBLs (all tested prior to shipping ofcourse).

Something is wrong in the safety circuit for sure but its a complex circuit consisting of several parts, among which the P3ROC. They are doing now an investigation to identify which part is wrong so we can determine next step. Its however weekend and this research can take some time/days to identify the cause and to know what the remedy is.

I apologize for the inconvenience and understand how frustrating it can be to finally get your TBL and than still not be able to enjoy it ☹
Can only say it has full attention and things have been set in motion to fix this asap for all envolved.

As soon as there is more info we will get back to you.

No worries, us Dudes take care of each other. But man, building pinballs is a hard job for sure. Not a job a lazy Dude should begin with

#2452 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

All the fuses on that board are fast blow I’m assuming ?

All slow blow. It says this also on the silkscreen on the big pcb close to the fuses.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 210.00
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 22.50
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
672 posts in this topic match your search for posts by Rensh. You are on page 1 of 3.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rensh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread?tu=Rensh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.