542B141D-3FA2-4C94-8BFD-71AD18D658C2 (resized).jpeg
54F6AE7F-C828-4DE5-89E8-847C051681D7 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7069 (resized).png
IMG_2193 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240315_104555_Gallery (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #3858 Latest version service FAQ from DP can be downloaded here Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4026 Release software 1.00 Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4105 Beta manual rules 1.00 software Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4143 Beta rules manual Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4265 Link to orbit protector. Posted by Spelunk71 (1 year ago)

Post #4402 New operational manual 1.00 announced Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4624 Installation Pinmonks fans Posted by ezatnova (1 year ago)

Post #5213 TECH:SYSTEM. Date/time change in BIOS instructions Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #5514 Pictures backbox tbl built end 2022 Posted by jyeakley (12 months ago)

Post #5804 Info for newbies Posted by Rensh (9 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Nepi23.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1562 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

DP only requires payment when unit is ready and just prior to shipment. Ofcourse shipping takes time and the distributor needs also some processingtime so like 3-5 weeks from payment till receiving doesn’t sound strange but 10?

There should be some system telling the buyer atleast some estimation when he should have the funds ready. I have myself noted that once I get enough money saved, I usually walk quite soon into the pinball shop and buy a new pin and after that start again saving for another machine (or something similar). For me it would be quite difficult to time the availability of the funds with announcement of DP telling that my machine is ready, please pay it now, if you want to get it...

3 months later
#1789 3 years ago

Anybody here bought Big Lebowski playfield protector from Freddy's Pinball Paradise? Does it include the protector for the mini-playfield as well? In the picture on their website it seems that there would not be a protector for the mini-playfield at all.

Thanks for any info!

#1791 3 years ago
Quoted from Spaghetti73:

i bought it from playfieldprotector and there is the miniplayfield too

Yes, that I know. Freddy is however running a campaign and the picture on their website does not show a protector for the mini-playfield, so I want to specifically know is the part from Freddy a 2-part protector or not...

3 weeks later
#1837 3 years ago

Thanks Rensh for the guide! Is there any guide available on how to remove the miniplayfield on newer machines?

Thanks for any info!

#1849 3 years ago

What would be the best course of action to remove the extra part of the convolux (at the end of the plastic)? I think it might be based on some earlier version of TBL, but it does not fit on the 2021 model (also the flasher stand does not fit into the convolux hole either).

Please advice on how to proceed - thank you!

Convolux (resized).jpgConvolux (resized).jpg
1 week later
#1876 3 years ago

Hi!

The mystery hole in the left (or is it called the saucer) is quite weak in mine and the ball seems almost like crawling out from it. I tried the settings, but it seems I can only adjust it from like between 45-55 ms, which does not seem to help. Is it normal and if not, any tips on how to get the hole to eject the ball out with more force? Thanks!

2 weeks later
#1934 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Joined the club 2 days ago and am greeted with a code update! It’s funny because I have a knack for selling games and the code that I was waiting for for 2 years always drops two days later. Cheers!
[quoted image]

I have a magic touch regarding code updates myself as I have a GB and POTC. (Yes well, the GB update-curse was finally lifted, but it took like 2 years or so...)

#1952 2 years ago

DP should put some placeholders in the firmware in case users want to install their own music - I guess there are now ca. 5 songs in the game?

#1959 2 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

What is the “1 Issue” reported on the DMD at the end of the video?

You need to check it out, the software now reports switch errors.

1 week later
#2004 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

This rug is a wall hanger for sure.
People already identified an Amazon replacement.

It seems that they have run out of "Ottomanson Ottohome Runner Rug, 3'3" X 5', Red Heriz" rugs, but if anyone has found other nice replacements, please post a link!

2 months later
#2293 2 years ago

What kind of cabinet decals does the TBL have? I am planning on changing the siderails, so I was wondering if the whole cabinet side is decaled or do the decals end to the beginning of the siderails like with CGC?

I was planning to see if I could remove the siderails just by applying heat from hairdryer and seeing if I could separate the siderail from the cabinet rather than trying to pry them from underneath with some tool. Any advice from those who have done the job?

Thanks for any advice!

#2295 2 years ago
Quoted from Time:

Decals go all the way up under the siderails. I changed my siderails. Was careful but wasn't too much of an issue. I don't recall using heat at all. The decals pulled away from the wood a little at first, but they were easy enough to press back on when I installed the new rails. The doubleside tape I rolled in an upward motion to keep the decal from pulling away from the wood again. Spent about 90 minutes doing the job from what I remember.

Did you use any tools or did you go just by bending the siderail a bit by bit?

#2308 2 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Do not use heat on the side-rails. Use a thin, flat, wide PLASTIC scrapper. Its about a 3 minute job.

Yes, using the wide plastic scraper was the ticket and I got siderails easily off.

Also I got easily the tape residue off from the old siderails with goo gone. I soaked some paper towels in it and let it have its effect on the siderails for ca. 10 minutes and after that the tape residue was easy to remove.

Now to the difficult part: how to remove the tape residue from the cabinet? If I put goo gone there e.g. with help of paper towels, it might actually remove the glue from the cabinet decals itself as well I think. Also after applying goo gone, I do not know would the new tape stick there anymore... Goo gone makes the surface so oily.

Any tips?

#2311 2 years ago

Thanks for the excellent tips! I used the scraper below and removed the tape residue with Goo Gone. More Goo Gone on the inside on the old rails, only a little bit for the cabinet's tape residue. Actually I put some hand paper to cover the top of the cabinet only where the tape residue is and soaked it a bit with Goo Gone and let it be there for like 10-15 mins. But I needed a lot more elbow grease to remove the tape residue on the cabinet though.

IMG_0811 (resized).jpgIMG_0811 (resized).jpgIMG_0813 (resized).jpgIMG_0813 (resized).jpgIMG_0814 (resized).jpgIMG_0814 (resized).jpg
2 months later
#2683 2 years ago

I received the lighted apron today without any instructions...
EDIT: Nevermind, got a copy from a friend!

2 months later
#3092 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

There's some instructions here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/57#post-6537912
The short version is you replace the wav files in the dp/tbl/assets/music folders with the music files of your choice, keeping the names the same. The above guide details copying the files while leaving your drive in the machine. I always pull the drive and copy the files while connected to a linux PC.

But there is no way currently to just add new songs by oneself, correct? (i.e raise the number of songs?)
Maybe a possibility created by the next firmware update? Rensh?

4 months later
#3489 1 year ago

Anyone tried doing something similar with a cable tie?

#3510 1 year ago

On my screen I have some horizontal transparent lines scrolling - the screen seems to be getting some interference from somewhere. Anyone else with the same problem and what was the fix? Thanks for any info!

2 months later
#3685 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

I think he doesn’t mean the MPF but the main playfield taking as a whole out of the cabinet. It uses same construction as WPC cabinets.

Wow, Rensh, you're too good! I came here to ask if the playfield can be separated from the cabinet the same way as WPC95-playfields, as my plan is to carry my TBL downstairs tomorrow in separate pieces (cabinet, playfield, backbox) and the answer was here waiting for me in the latest post of the thread! What mad sorcery is this??!!

1 week later
#3730 1 year ago
Quoted from Mneubey:

Just finished my Lebowski launch button mod. If anyone wants one, I'm probably going to do a short run of 20 of the dude's ball. Just hit me up.
[quoted image]
Edit: Was thinking 45 shipped in the us, as a fully assembled button.

This is awesome! PM sent!

7 months later
#5266 1 year ago

Anybody offering the painted Dude sitting in the toilet as a topper? Would be awesome!

2 weeks later
#5443 1 year ago

Has anybody tried to run the software from a regular 2.5-inch SATA-hard drive? I want to experiment a little with different music versions and would not want to buy an extra SSD for this... How well would it work to run the software from a SATA-drive?

Thanks for any info!

8 months later
#6401 4 months ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Still waiting for any word on the “official” topper from Dutch.
Any details? A teaser? A pic? The expected price?

There was some hazy picture on KnappArcade's post: https://www.knapparcade.org/post/dutch-pinball-announces-partnership-with-the-art-of-pinball

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Nepi23.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread?tu=Nepi23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.