TBL Bl 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 1 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 1 (resized).jpg
Photo Apr 19 2024, 8 52 09 AM (resized).jpg
Photo Apr 19 2024, 8 52 46 AM (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #3858 Latest version service FAQ from DP can be downloaded here Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4026 Release software 1.00 Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4105 Beta manual rules 1.00 software Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4143 Beta rules manual Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4265 Link to orbit protector. Posted by Spelunk71 (1 year ago)

Post #4402 New operational manual 1.00 announced Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4624 Installation Pinmonks fans Posted by ezatnova (1 year ago)

Post #5213 TECH:SYSTEM. Date/time change in BIOS instructions Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #5514 Pictures backbox tbl built end 2022 Posted by jyeakley (1 year ago)

Post #5804 Info for newbies Posted by Rensh (10 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JimB.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#222 4 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

You would boot another Linux pc and clone this ssd to another disk, making sure to do a full clone including all partitions and boot sector.

Get this so you don’t need software to clone:

Inateck SATA Hard Drive Docking Station, USB 3.0 SSD Docking Station, Dual Bay, FD2005 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XYL599P/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_sddyDbW11QGBP

1 month later
#498 4 years ago

They look kind of busy. Any photos installed?

1 month later
#596 4 years ago

CPR9999 Has the info you need on spares.

1 month later
#665 4 years ago
Quoted from Time:

Whatever happened to reaching out to cliffy about TBL protectors? Did we ever hear if we was going on anything for our game?

This is what I got a month ago, just 2 total pieces. No update since:

I make the main scoop http://www.passionforpinball.com/wip.htm
and in process on the shooter eject

#692 4 years ago

What size hard drive does it require?

2 weeks later
#755 4 years ago

If anyone finds a source for a backup power supply please post. Here’s mine:

95C84832-E809-4212-A853-8A4F3FAD4338 (resized).jpeg95C84832-E809-4212-A853-8A4F3FAD4338 (resized).jpeg
#765 4 years ago

What about the bowling alley window? Seems like a good spare to get at some point.

1 month later
#1003 4 years ago

I’d like to see the rug shot add points during the multi ball or some modes. I hate not hearing a sound and basically getting no points.

#1028 4 years ago

Is the lets go bowling a sticker that goes under the doobie? Where is that offered?

#1058 4 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

For those experiencing a weak upper flipper for the Mini playfield I have the following message.
DP discovered that an error has been made with wiring the flippercoil of the MPF with several TBLs, especially those made 2019 and earlier. This causes that the Hold and Power part of the coil have been switched causing a weak flipper. Talked this over with Barry and he knows I am posting the fix here.
Mine had this to and as desoldering and resoldering a wire on the coil is easier for me as mounting a new connector (error was made on the connector) so I solved it via soldering. So DO NOT look at the color of the wires but to the POSITION of the wires.
As you can see in attached pictures the connector is DR18 and is positioned close to the stepper motor.
So:
1) the most left wire on the connector (white in this case) goes to the total right on the coil
2) the middle wire on the connector (purple in this case) goes to the total left on the coil
3) the right wire on the connector (orange in this case) goes to the middle of the coil.
Again, DO NOT look at the color of the wire as this can be different with you, purely to the position of the wire on the connector versus the position of the wire on the coil !!
This makes shooting the ramp much easier [quoted image][quoted image]

Can you post the before and after pics you re soldered?

Thanks

#1081 4 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

In regard to the questions in regard to the weaker upper flipper as follows:
1) my pictures are AFTER the fix
2) unfortunately didn’t make pictures prior to the fix
3) error was only found with the upper flipper. If somebody has weak bottom flippers cause is likely to be something different. Pls do note that there is a strength setting in the menu.
So just compare the connections and swap them at the coil via soldering. Easy job which should take you less than 5 minutes. That is, if you have a soldering Iron
Hope that answers all questions.

Here’s my before. Does it qualify and if so which ones on the coil do I switch?

0177DB6F-AF86-4480-A203-5544782ECBA1 (resized).jpeg0177DB6F-AF86-4480-A203-5544782ECBA1 (resized).jpeg5DDBEBE9-51A9-4DE9-9ED3-563336FC6FE7 (resized).jpeg5DDBEBE9-51A9-4DE9-9ED3-563336FC6FE7 (resized).jpeg
7 months later
#1619 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I have emailed Barry for a copy of .52 but still haven’t heard back, does anyone have a copy of .52 they can email me?

http://dutchpinball.com/suite/content/thebiglebowski/software/0.52/45GH92go/TBL-v0.52.zip

Just copy the zip to the root of an USB stick; don't unzip!
And select USB update in Software menu.

Kind regards,
Barry

2 months later
1 month later
#1903 3 years ago
Quoted from Ry4bo:

I have had my TBL for a few months and I was seeing if anyone else has experienced these three issues. 1. The game will freeze up (stops registering shots) when the left light look target is hit on occasion. This appears to happen the first game if it hasn't been on for a long time. 2. About half the time the game is turned on it will do a fast clicking noise for a few mins.? 3. The ball return coil in the bowling alley lost some power and is not getting all the way up to the ball release. Any fixes or suggestion would be great.

I’ve had the first game issue also affecting the switches registering. I go into the switch test and certain rollovers do not register but all of a sudden it works then all is fine after pressing them over and over. Hopefully someone knows what this is. As stated above it’s when powering the first time after being off a long time.

2 weeks later
#1974 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

There has been mention of modifying the code to replace music with the actual original sound tracks by the original artists. Does anyone have experience with that they are willing to share?

pm sent

1 week later
#2032 3 years ago
Quoted from PinheadEDM:

Hi Rensh, sometimes intermittently the light in the launch button doesn’t light up when there is a ball in the shooter lane (to start a ball). What can I do please?

I had that happen on mine. Make sure you have the new update .55. Also I needed to remove the switch in the shooter lane and adjust it slightly so the ball was resting better on the switch.

#2035 3 years ago
Quoted from PinheadEDM:

Could you please tell me how the switch in shooter lane should be adjusted?

I believe it’s just two screws that hold it in place. Loosen and eyeball it’s placement.

2 weeks later
#2111 2 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Good weekend Dudes
Spread the gospel[quoted image]

1 month later
#2278 2 years ago

With all the new owners this is a good time to repost the best reunion interview ever. Enjoy:

3 weeks later
#2338 2 years ago

The wait on this is as bad as getting a pinball machine, May 2022!

1 month later
#2622 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Bowling alley Stepper Motor
-- My bowling alley stepper motor seems to be getting trace power when its just sitting, causing a low "whine." Concerned over time this could cause issues with the stepper motor

My has always done that. I was sent a replacement but haven’t replaced it yet due to how much has to be removed to get to it. Wondering if you find a way to stop the noise without replacement. Opening the coin door stops the noise until you close it again.

1 week later
#2666 2 years ago

Add to List for me also

2 weeks later
#2761 2 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

I've seemed to have chased away most of my issues except two which I'm hoping I can get another owners help on.

2)
Airballs from stand ups. I've heard of people changing out their targets but with what? I have a new build but this is still a problem on my game.
Thanks!!

I didn’t swap but was told to get the Bally Williams from pinball life. Instead I just adjusted the positioning until the air balls stopped.

#2784 2 years ago

A is my preference

1 month later
#2965 2 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Remembered I used to have an awesome neighbor who worked for a manufacturer of huge spools of various foam and rubber materials, and he would offer me scraps of handy stuff every now and then. Then I remembered I have a small roll of 3M adhesive backed rubber in 5” wide by 1/32” thick.
It’s not celfoam so it likely bounces more than what Rens / DP is using, but it’s strong as hell and the adhesive is great.
I’m going to make an in depth post about it over on the maintenance thread.

If you’re inclined to make a few more I’d like to buy one from you.

3 months later
#3281 2 years ago

Are you sure your keyboard is connected? Num lock light toggles?

2 months later
#3516 1 year ago

RIP

The Dude’s Landlord In The Big Lebowski, Jack Kehler, Is Dead At 75

5 months later
#4325 1 year ago
Quoted from Auror:

Hey KoenHeltzel First off, thank you
And if I can humbly make one feature request for the game,!

To report software bugs and feature requests for our games, please use our issue tracker:
issues.dutchpinball.com

2 months later
#5054 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

As you should. There's no other pin quite like it!
[quoted image]

If you want to see what John Turturro is up to lately check out Severance on Apple TV. That show would be a great pinball theme.

7D9F29F3-55A8-4CAF-9BFC-7CE124B121E1 (resized).jpeg7D9F29F3-55A8-4CAF-9BFC-7CE124B121E1 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#5275 1 year ago
Quoted from RedLineMania:

A rock pin: Meatloaf - Bat out of hell w/ abit of Rocky horror picture show

Edward Lodewijk Van Halen makes sense since both brothers are Dutch.

2 weeks later
#5444 1 year ago

Should work but slow. SSDs are so cheap just pick one up at amazon to use.

1 week later
#5512 1 year ago
Quoted from radial_head:

Hi gang. We got our Lebowski in not that long ago. It's been a lot of fun (operating ours full time) but we've encountered a bit of an issue.
To make a long complicated story short, the business owner of brewery we operate at bought one and asked us to operate it. We gave him a key to the game so he could give himself credits. The game bricked up on him after hitting the let's go bowling scoop, so he opened it up, took the backglass off and started unplugging and plugging in wires, leaving a few of them unplugged.
An extremely asinine thing to do after telling him explicitly to call me if anything goes wrong.
I now have no idea where things are supposed to go.
Does anybody have any detailed images of the backbox wiring from the CPU to the power/sound board/ and display.

You can look at the photos in this thread and find what you need: topic gallery
IMG_4965 (resized).jpegIMG_4965 (resized).jpeg

1 month later
#5687 11 months ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Anyone put Pinstadiums in? If so, how was the result?

Yes but I got the basic ones and only used the white light no color

IMG_5272 (resized).jpegIMG_5272 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#5876 9 months ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Totally unnecessary. It’s a very well lit game. Never once thought about pin stadiums on TBL.

I used the white version on mine before they added all the extra features and am very happy with them. Everything pops now. I'm using them in a totally dark room.

2 months later
#6044 7 months ago
Quoted from WarriorPin:

TLDR: TBL does not need PinStadium lighting (sorry Scott).
Full disclosure - I am a huge PinStadium fan. I have them on my first four games - TAF (totally changes the game in a great way), WOZ (huge difference), B66 and JP Prem (both big improvements). My wife hates playing machines without PinStadiums. I bought them in anticipation for my TBL. TBL arrives this week and I setup (with the incredible music mod) and wait on installing the PinStadiums. My wife strolls in to try out TBL. First thing she says, don't install the PinStadiums, it will totally ruin the vibe of the game. What a testament to the theme, design, and lighting of the game that she says don't install the PinStadiums.

Disagree. The white PinStadiums on mine will stay. Much improved. Too bad he doesn't carry the basic ones anymore.

4 weeks later
#6149 6 months ago

How hard is it to remove the kahlua cup plastic to add a plastic protector underneath? Looks like the ramp switch is the issue there.

3 weeks later
#6240 5 months ago

How did the precision help on the upper playfield light bowling shot?

#6258 5 months ago

where did you find the 5 1/2"? only seeing this in stock: Extended Flipper Shaft 6-1/4"

1 month later
#6622 3 months ago
Quoted from Drebay:

Would most certainly be interested in this, put me on your list!

Same add me to the list

3 weeks later
#6824 86 days ago

When anyone receives their Cliffy protectors can you please take photos of where each piece goes? Always a challenge. 3 pieces were obvious. Attached are the other pieces I need to find.

Thanks

IMG_7154 (resized).jpegIMG_7154 (resized).jpeg
#6825 85 days ago
Quoted from JimB:

When anyone receives their Cliffy protectors can you please take photos of where each piece goes? Always a challenge. 3 pieces were obvious. Attached are the other pieces I need to find.
Thanks[quoted image]

#2 found

IMG_7161 (resized).pngIMG_7161 (resized).png
#6829 84 days ago

Ok thanks all, I got it sorted out. How do I remove this post? I don’t see any access underneath.

IMG_7166 (resized).jpegIMG_7166 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 210.00
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JimB.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread?tu=JimB and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.