IMG_5894 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5893 (resized).jpeg
735513270 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #3858 Latest version service FAQ from DP can be downloaded here Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4026 Release software 1.00 Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4105 Beta manual rules 1.00 software Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4143 Beta rules manual Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4265 Link to orbit protector. Posted by Spelunk71 (1 year ago)

Post #4402 New operational manual 1.00 announced Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #4624 Installation Pinmonks fans Posted by ezatnova (1 year ago)

Post #5213 TECH:SYSTEM. Date/time change in BIOS instructions Posted by Rensh (1 year ago)

Post #5514 Pictures backbox tbl built end 2022 Posted by jyeakley (1 year ago)

Post #5804 Info for newbies Posted by Rensh (10 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CaptainNeo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2224 2 years ago

i'm in the market for one if someone is selling in the midwest. Not interested in a prototype version. Must be production version. Routed is ok.

1 week later
#2248 2 years ago

I have officially joined the group. I remember reading something about people having static in the right speaker. I also have that. What was the solution to fix that?

196499499_10220528911954370_4258966790812360537_n (resized).jpg196499499_10220528911954370_4258966790812360537_n (resized).jpg
#2252 2 years ago

it's the way we roll over here, aboard captain neo's

#2276 2 years ago

anyone else, getting ramp rejects from, "the Dude" ramp for lock? many times, mine makes it to the top and stops and comes back down. Not all the time, but I bet 50% of them are rejected. Looks like the plastic part of the ramp straddles the metal box entrance. Is there a way to improve this? Mine was just made from Dutch pinball. not even 2 weeks old.

And is there a way to adjust the backbox brightness?

#2281 2 years ago

so is there an adjustment for backbox brightness that i'm just not finding?

They need to add some mini wizard modes for completing all the bowling balls, or all 5 characters. Have a little mode or something for getting them done.

2 weeks later
#2327 2 years ago

Is there any way to turn off the switch errors for the coin door controls? It's stupid that they show up as errors because they havn't been used after 20 games. Coin door switches should not count.

#2330 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Sorry, no way to adjust it (yet at least). But programmer is aware and is on his agenda for next release (no timeline set yet)

awesome TY. Can they also put an adjustment in there for Adjusting the brightness of the backglass. That would be great too.

#2332 2 years ago

yes, it's pretty bright. I set all my sterns to 10% brightness when playing. Even with invisiglass it has more glare than I like.

#2345 2 years ago

shipping is included to your door for the 12500

#2373 2 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Bought the same package.

as did I when I got the game. Pins and the balls look great on it.

2 weeks later
#2424 2 years ago

B/W used metal subways all the time and they didn't scratch balls. I don't see why this one would either. The problem with mylar is...once the ball drops on it enough, it creates worn out pit. Balls will get hung up in it. Bubbles will also hinder and stick balls. just like the sticker inside the ringmaster on CV. They removed it because balls kept getting stuck.

#2445 2 years ago

My ps does a clicking constantly when in attract mode. Like the click from an older car turn signal. I have #498 from fairly recent release as well. Same as the video above.

#2456 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Than the clicking sound reported by several new users.
When I read Soulriders email last night late I recognized the sound being the safety relais in the PS in the backbox and as it was a new shipment I was hoping for a loose connector due to shipment, hence the mail to Soulrider to check the connector on the PS where the safetycircuit is connected to the PS.
However, when I saw today the reports on Pinside that Soulrider wasnt the only one I reached out to the factory and they also just got the message something was wrong with several of the last shipment of TBLs (all tested prior to shipping ofcourse).
Something is wrong in the safety circuit for sure but its a complex circuit consisting of several parts, among which the P3ROC. They are doing now an investigation to identify which part is wrong so we can determine next step. Its however weekend and this research can take some time/days to identify the cause and to know what the remedy is.
I apologize for the inconvenience and understand how frustrating it can be to finally get your TBL and than still not be able to enjoy it ☹
Can only say it has full attention and things have been set in motion to fix this asap for all envolved.
As soon as there is more info we will get back to you.
No worries, us Dudes take care of each other. But man, building pinballs is a hard job for sure. Not a job a lazy Dude should begin with

I can still play mine as of now. just clicks constantly in attract mode like a car turn signal. I'm sure it will burn out eventually, but as of right now it's playing fine.

#2459 2 years ago

yup, everyone on the shipment that came in june.

#2462 2 years ago

email sent to you guys regarding the clicking.

#2468 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

bemmett yes. When does yours stop? Symptoms seems to be: clicks on startup, if coin door is open clicking stops. If a game is started clicking stops, when sitting in attract mode clicking starts

exactly.

#2486 2 years ago

for me, only a fast shot through donny will send it in the middle. I adjusted the level of the machine to help reduce that down. Never does it for maude. but maude always stops it for the pops.

#2492 2 years ago

I would think maude would stop it at the top so you can get the lanes, since maude is the lanes. Why would it let it orbit around?

#2497 2 years ago

DP sent me an Email to check my DIP switchs on the Proc board. Should be 11000011. Took mine off last night and mine was already set to 11000011. I even moved each switch once to make sure one wasn't working right.

#2499 2 years ago

true story, but after telling them I couldn't get it off. They told me how to wiggle it off from each corner. Working slowly. wasn't bad then. Getting it back on was no treat either.

#2512 2 years ago

awesome response. Great work guys. More responsive tech support than JJP. People around here, have not had such good success having to get things fixed from new JJP games. You guys are doing great.

2 weeks later
#2619 2 years ago

my donny shot from left to right, will go down the middle on a perfect fast shot almost every time. Does not the other direction (I don't think. Maude usually stops it from right to left.

#2634 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I posted this on the wrong thread:

Donny exit is good, no cheap drains.
[quoted image]

awesome. I'm going to try this out.

The left ramp design pisses me off a bit, because it would have been so easy to remedy in design. If that ramp would tapper down `1/2" after the diverter, and the scoop was 1/2" lower. The balls would never get rejected and any ball that made it past the diverter, would roll into the scoop. Would have fixed all of the ramp rejections. I'm almost tempted to make replacement scoops and new ramps with the new design. I think I can alter the current ramp with heat enough to get that 1/2" downward bend in it. I'd just have to remake the scoop slightly shorter.

#2637 2 years ago

the clip helps a little, but doesn't fix the problem completely. the clip makes rejections from about 80% to about 50%.

Remaking the angle of ramp and lowering the scoop, would solve the issue 100%.

#2656 2 years ago

You got me thinking... here we have the WIP protector + deflector to prevent ball drains. This is made of a 3d printed material that is super tough and rubbery in compund. Still in the testing phase but so far looks promising.
Cheers
[quoted image]

Love it. I'll be interested in one if you make them.

#2679 2 years ago

Hey dudes! Wow amazing how much response this little idea generated.
I should probably start taking names - in hopes I can mass produce these things.
Some testing.
I realized that some may not want ball deflection as a feature. So I have made a variant that is slotted so the ball does not touch it on its traversal along the guide. Few more tweaks are needed but getting close.
There have been questions about making this for “both sides.” Currently only making it for the right entrance.
Will keep u all posted [quoted image]

Seems like you could make it flipable. so it would work either way. If you want deflection, turn it one way, and if you don't flip it the other way. then you have best of both worlds in one design.

#2700 2 years ago

I had a problem with my opto 2 went out the first week I had my game. Knew 100% it was the opto board. Received replacement opto boards in the mail today. Problem solved. Great customer service and communication all around.

#2709 2 years ago

Thought I would share a video update on the Right Orbit protector, apologies for the nasty close up of my finger nail . Should be able to start making these this week. Once again if you would like to sign up here is the sheet:
https://forms.gle/W9aFWGUmiS5nR7Ng7
Video Below

love the progress on this. Looking great.

1 week later
#2715 2 years ago

I just can't wait for them to add mini wizard modes for completing each section.

#2725 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

OK
Programmer Koen has made a beta release for the clicking issue and the stepper motor BA high pitch sound. This release has been tested in-house and by 2 users who had these complaints and happy to report that both reported issues solved
So, Koen can start preparing this release as a final release asap with perhaps some more tweaking-debugging. To be cntd asap but wanted to keep you all informed with this.

if this is the final release, does that mean, the bonus modes for finish sections will be in this release?

#2753 2 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Someone asked to see games with updated hardware. Here is mine powdercoated in a copper color.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I like it... really puts the room together.

1 week later
#2803 2 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

May I ask how I'd know whether my machine has the reinforced standup targets or not? I purchased from the original owner (he has a collection of 70 amazing machines. Things were meticulously kept.)
SN is 00376.

if your game was made before Nov 2020 you do not have the reinforced targets.

2 weeks later
#2914 2 years ago

i'm making a clear plastic table tree for this spot to stop this from happening. Similar to the little white table you get with a pizza to stop the center of the box from crushing. Done in clear with feet, so if the ball goes up here, it just rolls over the top. I may make an edge on it, to redirect it back on the ramp.

2 weeks later
#2984 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

As mentioned earlier DP installes nowadays a 'rubber' insert in the subway where the ball drops.
Took some of these inserts home with me and upgraded my subway.
But befor I did that I made a scan of the inserts to you can easily copy this idea
See the attachements
Enjoy
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

everytime i've tried to do this for a drop point or trail. The foam wears out, and locks the ball up in that area. Once the foam wears a bit, it's going to stop the ball.

#2987 2 years ago

time will tell, but if wood and clearcoat can start to divot. I'd think this would as well. Hopefully it does not.

#2989 2 years ago

it doesn't . Many games have metal drop points or metal walls that stop the ball at the end of the ramp. That's not what scratches up your balls.

#2992 2 years ago

I can see it improving the impact and breaking of the metal ramp points.

#3003 2 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

No issues whatsoever with the optos and the black ball. I thought the pin “hits” were determined by the position of the chute at the time of release. Ie a calculated average of hits based on where the ball is, in theory, heading. That’s why we get physically hit pins sometimes that don’t “drop”

this is correct.

#3006 2 years ago

that's every standup in pinball. GB and shadow have those side targets at the ramp entrance as well and you get airballs there too. If you want to angle the target down. bend the bracket so it has more of a forward angle.

1 week later
#3023 2 years ago

it has unbreakable plastics now. I wouldn't worry to much. They slow down as you put more plays on it. Mine has about 600 plays on it so far, and it's getting less and less air balls

#3044 2 years ago

those are fuses? how can you tell the value of them if they are not marked? And where can we buy them to keep them on hand. Stern also use those surface mounted fuses?

#3055 2 years ago

how does D1A = 100 ohm? Trying to figure out the system for surface mounted components.

1 month later
#3153 2 years ago

anyone else having more problems with the ball firing up to the bowling area with the new code? After the code update, I noticed my ball feeder has to fire like 7-10 times to get the ball to load. Before the code update it was only 1 maybe twice. Less power to the kicker now?

2 weeks later
#3171 2 years ago

I have a newer TBL, so this seems like it doesn't really effect me.

3 weeks later
#3268 2 years ago

I had this show up on my game the other day. Thought it was a one time glitch and it would go away once i turned the game off and back on. It is always there and i dont know how to get it off the display. And i found the thread with the link on doing something in the background and turning off the error messages. But i dont know how to get in the background with just a keyboard.

20220215_231245_HDR (resized).jpg20220215_231245_HDR (resized).jpg

20220215_231252_HDR (resized).jpg20220215_231252_HDR (resized).jpg

#3270 2 years ago

I got rid of mine 5 times so far. I do not think it's gone for good. Took about 3 min for it to repop up.

#3272 2 years ago

I couldn't get into the software before to get rid of it fully before. I have the problem manual printed now and will dig deeper.

#3273 2 years ago

The fix they suggest doesnt work. When i hit escape. It just goes to a blank screen. I cannot type anything as there isnt a search bar to type the word terminal.

#3275 2 years ago

i tried typing terminal. That didn't work. I'll try the cnrl-alt-t method.

#3278 2 years ago

So where do i put that line? In tue apport folder? Or directory.? Im not understanding at all.

Last time i did programing was on an apple IIe in basic. And i know some dos commands

#3280 2 years ago

Well the ctrl alt T. Does not work either. I cant do much until i find out how to get into terminal

#3282 2 years ago

Yes. Eacape key works fine and ive tried two different keyboards. A usb one and a ps2 style

#3284 2 years ago

tried, didn't do shit. Nor does the cntl + alt + T

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3289 2 years ago

Ok mouse hooked up. Cursor moves around the black screen to top left and right corners. Only moves off the screen at the bottom. If i right click . i get a drop window to make folders or change background. So i changed the desktop wallpaper so i know im not stuck with a window in front of me. Its the desktop with nothing on it. Alt tab does nothing. Windows key does nothing. Alt cntl T does nothing. Trying to find terminal in the settings folder isnt happening.

#3290 2 years ago

Now i have desktop look like this.

20220218_190234_HDR (resized).jpg20220218_190234_HDR (resized).jpg

And my display resolution is this

20220218_190359 (resized).jpg20220218_190359 (resized).jpg
#3295 2 years ago

ok, trying it now.

what do you mean by the left of look?

also, should I change display, to only be on the main display and not multiple displays?

#3296 2 years ago

also, how do you close out the setting/display windows after you open them. They don't have an X in the corner like windows does.

Also, I change that setting to off. Still have nothing on the desktop. Even have it set to set icons to upper left corner. Still nothing. Changed display from all displays, to the main display.

#3298 2 years ago

still doesn't work. It's like the launch bar is turned off, and cannot be found on the desktop.

#3299 2 years ago

if you look at my display pic, it seem like that black bar on the left side of the display image that says 19". seems like its locked outside of the display. Is that suppose to be the launch bar?

#3301 2 years ago

but even if I can't see it, I should be able to use it. When you hide your task bar in windows, you can still use keys to activate things. I cannot activate any launch bar things at all. And i changed the display setting to be only the main monitor.

and turned off hidden Launch bar feature. It's like the launch bar is locked out from being used at all.

#3303 2 years ago

So the windows are suppose to have a closing x in the corner like microsoft windows have?

Seems to me that there is a setting to lock out users from being able to alter things in the code. This game is barely 7 months old. I should not have this severe of an issue.

1 week later
#3316 2 years ago

my bowling window has been perfectly flat since i've owned the game. I'm wondering if something is in the track where the plastic sits? or the playfield warped slightly? did you take it out completely and inspect the ridge to make sure no debris landed in there?

#3318 2 years ago

set the plastic on a sheet of glass, and look at it from the side to see if any part is lifted off the glass. That will tell you where the problem is.

3 weeks later
#3350 2 years ago

did you check the plugs from where the cabinet switches go to the boards?

2 weeks later
#3456 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Over 13000 balls have gone through the bowling alley without a single pin breaking so clearly this is the way to go. So, solution is not stronger pins but a limiter (the ring) making the swing upwards different and not hitting anything anymore. Rings have been ordered and also a STL file for 3D printing will be provided.
To be cntd asap but looks like we are (finally) heading the right direction

so does that mean rings can be shipped out to keep pins from breaking? Actually a slightly longer coil stop, would do the same thing. Would keep the plunger from going in farther,which also would keep the pins from hitting the back bar.

#3459 2 years ago

maybe if we put a 7mm puck inside of the coil stop, like a plug. That would be easier to install, and more dependable. Where the rings my cut through and fall off over time. If we could find solid tubing the same dia as the coil stop, should wedge in good and not move around inside the sleeve.

1 week later
#3471 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

All-
I have 2 tested - 100% working motherboards. Drop in replacement for serial numbers below 500. Great plug & play backup.
Will start to carry motherboard over serial #500 soon.
Let me know if interested. Typically go fast.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-mods[quoted image]

what happened after 500? I have number 498. and you have seen my setup.

#3477 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Right on - cool.
So these motherboards will work with all serial number machines!

I also have the new software because they had to send me a new drive since my OS was all ass'd up.

#3505 1 year ago

only 15 min to do them all? Didn't realize that the pin unit was this accessible. Nice design work guys.

1 week later
#3525 1 year ago

what the hell happened to your rug? Mine smelled like a new rug. I didn't get movie piss add on. :/

2 weeks later
#3550 1 year ago

why? It's plenty for what it is. The newer code uses white light as well, so you can see better.

#3555 1 year ago

is there a setting in the code to stop the car from moving outward when hit? Because it seems to happen often, when the car gets hit, the ball gets stuck behind it and stays there until the mode is done. Ball search doesn't move the car. So it would be nice to have a setting to turn off the car moving when hit, or add it to the ball search.

#3557 1 year ago

that's the revision i'm running. But my car does not close or even move during ball search. is it because a ball is behind it, so when doing a search, it only moves the car if in resting position? Try it, with a ball stuck between the car and the standup targets, and see if yours moves. Mine does not.

#3562 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Between the car and standup targets? How do you get a ball stuck there?
My experience is ball search with the ball stuck with the cardoor in (almost) closed position.
You have exactly the opposite, correct?

yes, The ball gets stuck behind the car and standups a lot. WHen the ball bashes the car, the car moves out for a second, and the ball can bounce off the rubbers below and back up behind it before the car moves back. Happened to me at least 10 times. THen the ball just stays there pinched between the back of the car and the stand ups. Until the mode is over and the car goes back in the garage.

Now if there was a setting I could turn off the car moving when hit, it would eliminate the possibility of this happening.

1 week later
#3602 1 year ago

my Donny shot would go down the middle every time. I tried several things that would get knocked off by the ball. Finally, I scuffed up the edge of the tip of the right metal rail. About 1/4" in. Scuffed with about 500 grit. Then used some UV adhesive. put a bead in the middle. About 1-2mm thick. Hardened it with UV. Every donny shot now, kicks over to the left flipper every time. Been this way for about 500 games so far and still holding strong.

Clear epoxy would work as well i'm sure.

#3608 1 year ago

I have a 2021 build, and I have no flipper weakness at all ever. Even when when used for tournaments all day long and playing nonstop.

2 weeks later
#3650 1 year ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Got my "topper" today! Cheers to hoping the museum putty keeps him up there!
Link: The Dude Sixth Scale Figure (Exclusive) by Sideshow Collectibles
Museum Putty: amazon.com link »[quoted image]

I just got one of those as well for a present for my dad.

#3658 1 year ago

are they adding mini wizard modes for each of the steps to progress to the final? like all car modes has a bonus mode, or all balls completed, or all rug modes completed. Give some short term wizards to feel satisfied for those of us who will probably never chop enough wood to make it to final wizard.

#3667 1 year ago

make sure the block plug is plugged in correctly.

#3677 1 year ago

Hey dudes. Question for you all. Tonight I had some friends over and Lebowski was having an odd upper flipper issue. The upper flipper would sporadically just not work in gameplay. I did go into the test menu and flipper button switch would register perfectly fine. I also tested the solenoid, and it seemed fine as well. I would love some help if anyone else has experienced this. It was almost like with consistent gameplay the coil would just stop working?
Cheers, thanks for the help.

is the switch working that lets the game know it's in the upper playfield?

In the 3rd car mode. You only get 1 hit on the car per try and it cuts the flipper
In rug mode, "see what happens". you only get 1 hit on the car, per time it's in the upper field.

1 month later
#3871 1 year ago
Quoted from Auror:

I'm also having that issue, matlynch91. I've tried to adjust the switch but still have the same issue as you 30% of the time the ball goes in that VUK.

Check wiring from the switch to the plug the switch is in the board. Reseat plug several times

1 week later
#3910 1 year ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

All,
Yes I am catching up on dozens of orders.
Rest assured I have never failed to deliver!
The biggest issue has been decals from the print houses - since I am low volume. I have tried 2 others while waiting for the original one to deliver.
Both failed to deliver decent quality. I am trying a 4th and the original one has delivered some decals this week.
I will follow up with everyone this weekend.
Thx

if you need vinyl decals, I can cut anything you need.

3 weeks later
#3946 1 year ago

I really hope they put in mini wizards for short term objectives. Will give something to work for , while going for the overall ending. Otherwise it's a little too much chopping wood feeling currently. Just a little.

#3950 1 year ago

something to unlock or do, when you chop wood. Say you get all the bowling balls. Do a special mode. Do all the rug modes, and have a mini mode wizard. Get 5 mark it zeros, and have something happen.

Those are the things that give you small things to work for, so you build up while, doing the overall journey. that's one of the things that LOTR did great. While you are on this journey thats long as shit. You can do all the multiballs, and get destroy the ring mini wizard. Do all the modes, and get,"there and back again" mini wizard mode. Things like that. Otherwise things feel too much like a grind. Most will not get the final ending anytime soon, so having short term wizards are satisfying enough and achievable.

#3956 1 year ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

That would really break up the flow of the game. It is definitely not a grind. Once things are released I can certainly elaborate.

doesn't break up the flow of LOTR. Short term major objectives are critical in programming. Rewards the player in steps. Grinding out all the modes for no big conclusion is not a reward. It's chopping wood. Working your ass off spelling bowling 5 times is a lot of work. Just to get ball completed with no bonus, is a lot of work. Completing all 3 car modes with no resolution except a lit insert at the bottom, is very unsatisfying. If you take a look how other recent games are made. You will see special things and modes offered for completing series of objectives. Breaks up the repetitive nature of games. Like iron maiden. Complete all 5 modes, you start 5 min to midnight. Get all the pyramids and able to start cyborg multiball. When you play, you shoot for one of those mini wizard objectives. Because 99% of the time, you are never getting to the ending which is number of the beast. But you can mix it up. Like go for different ones. That's what stops a game from feeling repetitive.

with TBL it starts with the same chop wood every game. Grind out the balls, Grind out the characters, grind out the modes. Same setup, same routine.

#3960 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

I absolutely wish you could stack

Very well put. Imagine JJP pirates without mini wizard modes? As simple as they are they are still milestones to accomplish and give meaning and value to all the work you put in before it. I love TBL but having some reward for completing each of the objectives would add allot of replayability and feeling of accomplishment for all your hard work.
Looking forward to what’s coming in the mew code release regardless.

Exactly. And I was expecting this with the 1.0 release. 99% of us will never get to dude abides. So regardless how awesome it might be. Most will never see it. Short term goals could be seen.

#3962 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

I think stacking would be a really cool addition even if we have to wait until 1.1

I don't care when it happens, as long as it does happen. Needs just a little more ummph in the code to really put the code together.

So i was thinking on what kind of modes I would add if I was doing the code. For completing all the balls. I would do a 2 ball multiball. Certain shots would increase jackpot value. Other shots would improve super jackpot value. While in 2 ball multiball, you would have to lock one ball in the saucer on the left, and lock another in the scoop or scoop on top mini. Once both balls are locked. You get 2 balls in the bowling section. Spare, gives you jackpot. Strike gives you super jackpot, and then it kicks both balls back into play.

For characters completed. Do a 5 ball multiball. Have the jackpot move between all character shots. Like 5 seconds it moves to another character. Jackpot value based upon how many balls are still in play. So if you have 5 balls still in play. it's 5x's jackpot value.

All cars completed. Starts car frenzy. 2 ball multiball. Where you have to damage the car in multiball. But if you dont' hit it often enough, it heals back up. Once you hit the car enough and destroy it. kicks out another ball, and adds to the jackpot multiplier. Car gets more difficult, each level you pass. more health to the car.

3 weeks later
#4002 1 year ago

unplug the ball through switches, and redo them.

1 week later
#4206 1 year ago

i put a small bead of UV hardener on the very edge of that metal piece. Kicks the ball out perfectly to the left flipper now. Been that way for about 7 months and has about 700 plays on it since then. Still working great.

#4213 1 year ago

the lighting is great on TBL. should never be a need for pinstadiums on TBL.

1 month later
#4463 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Just curious - what flipper should the ball return to when hitting the left orbit?
As it goes around and exits underneath the right spinner?

before mine would shoot for the middle. Now that I added something to the metal rail to kick the ball over to the left flipper.

4 weeks later
#4696 1 year ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

For those waiting for mods from me….or quotes; do not worry as I always come through. With that said, I was getting close to getting even and the latest disaster struck today…3 days down the toilet!
See picture of 20 doobie mods going in garbage!!!! They are all the wrong voltage- 3 volts and I spent 3 day’s building them up!
I am getting with parts place asap to ship out another 20, but it might be 3 weeks more now. I am starting to think this mod business is crazy for a few peanuts and headaches.
I guess I just need to go have a few White Russians and chill….for the holidays
[quoted image]

can't you just add resistors or something to lower the 5 volts down to 3?

#4698 1 year ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

The supplier contacted me - these are suppose to have 2 resistors. The doobie uses 12vdc for these and they sent me 3vdc version of circuit. We are talking through is there is any quick, reliable way to modify circuit.

so you need to drop 12v down to 3v. Little more difficult, but the process should still be as easy. Just more resistance?

#4728 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Man. Sorry this happened to you. I just dropped my TBL deposit money last week and would never had done it if I knew this was happening. Might try to get a refund because waiting a year for 14k game with playfield issues isn't something I want to deal with.

I have a friend in rockford selling his for $14000 with no pooling at all. Just opened the box like 2 months ago, and maybe has 40 plays on it. If that.

#4756 1 year ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Man, I loathe Mirco play fields. I'm sorry, but they've not proven to EVER consistently get this fixed. Bader just gets the job done somehow. Mirco HAS to get their $%&# together on this issue.

must be the clear they use. I've been using the same clear for 17 years, and have yet to encounter this with my restorations. And i've done about 500 fields.

1 week later
#4854 1 year ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Interesting from HEP: start at 17 minutes

yes. it's similar to the metal leg bracket protectors. Putting a washer that's bigger or the same size isn't going to do shit, except dig in farther out. If you offset it inside. The digging in, won't be visible. It's going to happen either way. Nearly every playfield I get in to restore, has dug in star posts. Whether it's 60's, 70's 80's 90's or 2000's fields. They all have it. Some worse than others. Big deep rings pressed into the playfield, causing the outside ring to push up and buckle.

#4858 1 year ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Do you recommend what HEP is doing or the “rubber washers” from Titan? Thought, since you have a ton of experience on playfield restoration too. Thx

rubber washers would work too, but I would fear the rubber fusing to the clearcoat. I've had rubber fuse to star posts before. Sure would do it to clearcoat as well. What hep is doing would stop the digging in for sure. It's why I use the metal standoff brackets for leg protectors. Those plastic piles of shit, actually destroy cabinets and make the damage so far out, the leg can't cover it anymore. I throw those plastic "protectors' right in the trash.

#4865 1 year ago

if you want that rug to last, you won't be able to have it like that. It will get wore out very fast.

#4868 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Doesn't the manual say you shouldn't walk on it or play pinball on it?
It's really only useful for "display only" collectors, which there are unfortunately lots of.

the display only crowd, is usually, the LE buyer market.

2 weeks later
#5100 1 year ago
Quoted from Deadpin:

Anyone interesting in a 1/6th scale 'dude' to tie their pinball decor together?
I've got a spare, MIB - $200 shipped (domestic U.S., Int'l shipping will be more). they sell for $250.
(Pic with the BL Bluray box w/Bowling bag is not included, but shows the dude on display)
PM me if you're interested.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

is it the sideshow exclusive with joint?

1 week later
#5141 1 year ago
Quoted from PrinzFred:

Yes the washers did not work well on our POTC in the arcade. The pooling just spread out further and the raised heigh of star post caused balls to go under slings and get stuck.

the washer method is suppose to use the thinnest washers you can buy, and be extra small. They should be barely bigger than the center plastic part of the star post. If you can see the washer at all, you bought the wrong ones. And extra extra thin. Like as thick as about 4 sheets of paper.

#5143 1 year ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

so what's better, very thin washers of silicone washers?

either work. I worry that the silicone will either embed itself in the clear and stick, or the star post will cut through the silicone. But both seem like a good option for now.

1 month later
#5321 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Solved the problem. No one will want it now…

[quoted image]

Write GNR on it, just to make sure.

#5367 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Major issue!! My wife keeps reaching for the White Russian….
Rensh when’s the sobriety patch coming?!
[quoted image]

put a sticker over it on the glass to block it out.

#5368 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Here better picture of DP support workspace.
Just finished open questions of today. Now off to a very good friend playing, among others, his Elvira collection. Eatpm is a favorite of me as week as his fishtales. Wife is out this evening
[quoted image]

and iron maiden to boot. You DO know good pinball.

#5422 1 year ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Hi Rens
Yes, it is no problem that the art is now missing under posts. I agree.
But if you take a sharp look on the picture, it looks like the clear is shifting. It does not help taht now the print will not be damaged.
You will run in problems with customers *if* the coat is still not hardening / to soft.
So this is not solving a problem and DP is a too quality oriented manufacturer to put a iron with every machine.
So have a look on exactly this machine, I might be wrong.
Just my toughts.[quoted image]

i think the problem many companies are having with pooling, as it seems the art printing is sliding under the clear. Shifting, the clear on top as well. And with the clear being fresh, it also allows flexibility.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 210.00
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

15,000 (OBO)
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CaptainNeo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread?tu=CaptainNeo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.