IMG_20240423_132641615 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240423_132359275 (resized).jpg
IMG_5894 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5893 (resized).jpeg
735513270 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,312 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 147.
#401 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Can someone tell me where the TBL laseriffic topper plugs into?

You need to tap into the wire that feeds the translight LED. Simple 2 wire plug. The topper as recieived will not directly plug in anywhere sadly. Simple install though. Let me know if you need pics but fairly straight forward.

#402 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

You need to tap into the wire that feeds the translight LED. Simple 2 wire plug. The topper as recieived will not directly plug in anywhere sadly. Simple install though. Let me know if you need pics but fairly straight forward.

Hey Dave! Unfortunately, I need pictures of how to do this. If you could post them, I would really appreciate it. Electrical is not my strong point. Thanks, Jim

#403 4 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Hey Dave! Unfortunately, I need pictures of how to do this. If you could post them, I would really appreciate it. Electrical is not my strong point. Thanks, Jim

Sure! Note I didn't go the fancy route as its a simple 12v connection. I simply spliced into the wire set feeding the single LED going to the back glass. Hope this helps. I resisted trying to connect to Any boards as those are less forgiving if you touch the wrong places.

IMG_4127 (resized).jpgIMG_4127 (resized).jpg
#404 4 years ago

Anybody experience the rug being in the closed position when it is "ready"?

Upon next ball the rug retracts revealing the hole and the rug mode can be activated.

This problem only seems to manifest every 3 games or so.

Curious what might be causing it and how to adjust.

#405 4 years ago

an easy thing to check is whether or not the stepper is well terminated in the plug. a poor connection to one of the stepper motor wires causes all kinds of weird issues given how they work.

i was getting weird stuff and just used a flat head to help better terminate the IDC plug. never had a problem since

dts is having similar issue so may want to share notes in case thats not it

iMarkup_20190920_203101 (resized).jpgiMarkup_20190920_203101 (resized).jpg
#406 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Sure! Note I didn't go the fancy route as its a simple 12v connection. I simply spliced into the wire set feeding the single LED going to the back glass. Hope this helps. I resisted trying to connect to Any boards as those are less forgiving if you touch the wrong places.[quoted image]

That helps tremendously. Thank you so much. I’m going to get on that tomorrow.

#407 4 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

That helps tremendously. Thank you so much. I’m going to get on that tomorrow.

Good luck. It really is a Great looking topper and fits the theme perfectly. I do suggest dialing the light back a bit with the dimmer they provided as its Rather overpowering. lol

#408 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

an easy thing to check is whether or not the stepper is well terminated in the plug. a poor connection to one of the stepper motor wires causes all kinds of weird issues given how they work.
i was getting weird stuff and just used a flat head to help better terminate the IDC plug. never had a problem since
dts is having similar issue so may want to share notes in case thats not it[quoted image]

Yes, that is looking like the problem. Tom, you have been a huge resource here and behind the scenes-you're awesome! Out of the box, the rug mechanism occasionally did some strange things and this became more obvious when I was working on my P3-ROC board power/connection issue. I experimented with the connection tonight and that improved the behavior. So tomorrow I'll make new connections in the IDC plug and hopefully have it back to 100 percent.

#409 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

All - for those that do not know, the main power supply (see in picture below) feeding the game (not the PC) is identical model number to Stern’s Spike system supply. No need for a backup on this one!
Also I am working with Multimorphic on a “TBL package of their 4 boards”. You will be able to order a TBL replacement set of boards. As one would have guessed it, they moved past version 1.0 and some are not backward compatible in their current form. So they and I are working through this to make them compatible. Stay tuned!
That leaves a couple miscellaneous small boards PLUS the 2 main boards (which sound like ARA manufactured them) to figure out a support strategy on.[quoted image]

Hey Jim, did you figure out if version 2.0 is compatible with version 1.0 of the P3-Roc board?

Multimorphic's description says:
"Also note – version 2 boards are very similar to version one boards. The only differences are the communication bus connectors (J11, J12, J14, and J15) are now 3 pins (with an optional ground pin) instead of 2, and the I2C connector (J17) now includes an interrupt input."

My board remains intermittent despite multiple attemps to fix it. So, I'd like a new board but don't want to spend $175 on version 2 only to find it doesn't work! On another issue, the rug mech is working with the connector fixed.

Addendum: Spoke w Gerry at Multimorphic and Scott at Pinball Life and they are investigating. Only difference is a third ground pin on some bus connectors. Also, Scott said to try a new USB cable if not connecting as a first step, if the board is powering up.

#410 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Hey Jim, did you figure out if version 2.0 is compatible with version 1.0 of the P3-Roc board?
"Also note – version 2 boards are very similar to version one boards. The only differences are the communication bus connectors (J11, J12, J14, and J15) are now 3 pins (with an optional ground pin) instead of 2, and the I2C connector (J17) now includes an interrupt input."
My board remains intermittent despite multiple attemps to fix it. So, I'd like a new board but don't want to spend $175 on version 2 only to find it doesn't work! On another issue, the rug mech is working with the connector fixed.
Addendum: Spoke w Gerry at Multimorphic and Scott at Pinball Life and they are investigating. Only difference is a third ground pin on some bus connectors. Also, Scott said to try a new USB cable if not connecting as a first step, if the board is powering up.

Quoted from dts:

This is for TBL owners (as David knows now). I have been working with Multimorphic to see if they would offer a “TBL package” of spare boards (4 boards in total).

Gerry believes he has it narrowed down after our conversations and pictures. As luck wouldn’t have it, they have moved onto newer versions. Gerry believes either some may be backwards compatible and others will need to have connectors modified to work which they are willing to do for a small fee.

We just got to this point last week.

So, the question is there anyone out there that wants to try this out? Maybe we could all chip in some $$ so someone can test them. I would be willing would you?? Maybe we fund dts .

Thoughts ???

#411 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

This is for TBL owners (as David knows now). I have been working with Multimorphic to see if they would offer a “TBL package” of spare boards (4 boards in total).
Gerry believes he has it narrowed down after our conversations and pictures. As luck wouldn’t have it, they have moved onto newer versions. Gerry believes either some may be backwards compatible and others will need to have connectors modified to work which they are willing to do for a small fee.
We just got to this point last week.
So, the question is there anyone out there that wants to try this out? Maybe we could all chip in some $$ so someone can test them. I would be willing would you?? Maybe we fund dts .
Thoughts ???

I would donate to the cause.

#412 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

I would donate to the cause.

Makes 2 of us... so far.

Anyone else? Bueller Bueller

LOL

#413 4 years ago

Count me in

#414 4 years ago

Hey, that's cool of you guys! I'll probably go ahead and get one soon regardless, and can report back. I'm pretty confident the version 2 will work after talking with Gerry and Scott, although Barry didn't seem to think so, which is concerning, reason not given. My P3-roc board works, it just intermittently connects, and doesn't seem to be a power issue. I tried a new USB cable to the motherboard, and that didn't do it. Manipulating the position of the board (again, for the 20th time) worked...and then won't work in a few games. So, I'm not sure which connector is the problem. I assume it is on the P3-roc male connectors, but can't exclude the main board entirely. I'll keep looking at this.

#415 4 years ago

cpr9999 , I’m in for a set of boards.

#416 4 years ago

I am in.

#417 4 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

cpr9999 , I’m in for a set of boards.

FYI.

We are working this out with Multimorphic, so you will be able to order the 4 boards direct from the supplier (and cut me out...which is good for both of us!). LoL

The key board is the P3roc- looks like dts is going to try V2 out for us and report back.

#418 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

FYI.
We are working this out with Multimorphic, so you will be able to order the 4 boards direct from the supplier (and cut me out...which is good for both of us!). LoL
The key board is the P3roc- looks like dts is going to try V2 out for us and report back.

Tonight I looked at the connectors some more and reseated them yet again, focused on another connector next to the power source. Played perfectly for 1.5 hours. I'm betting that a main board female connector is the issue and want to explore getting another main board first. If Gerry at Multimorphic is willing to send one out for us to try though, I'd be happy to do so. I want to solve this issue on my machine first as the extra P3-roc may be a rabbit trail. They are very durable. I'll check back in. I definitely want spare boards too but I’m just trying to problem solve this issue first.

#419 4 years ago

Are the schematics available for this game for troubleshooting?

#420 4 years ago

Barry said he’s working on a manual with the schematics. The ones from ARA were apparently not up to speed. Congo/Creature playfield window works, just a small piece of plastic cut out to fit between the slingshot solenoid.
9B98E677-BBDE-43CC-8389-B5539083056B (resized).jpeg9B98E677-BBDE-43CC-8389-B5539083056B (resized).jpeg

#421 4 years ago

I am in on set of boards as well

#422 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

dts is having similar issue so may want to share notes in case thats not it[quoted image]

I tried this out. Played a couple test games and the issue seems to be fixed.

Thanks for the help.

#423 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Hey, that's cool of you guys! I'll probably go ahead and get one soon regardless, and can report back. I'm pretty confident the version 2 will work after talking with Gerry and Scott, although Barry didn't seem to think so, which is concerning, reason not given. My P3-roc board works, it just intermittently connects, and doesn't seem to be a power issue. I tried a new USB cable to the motherboard, and that didn't do it. Manipulating the position of the board (again, for the 20th time) worked...and then won't work in a few games. So, I'm not sure which connector is the problem. I assume it is on the P3-roc male connectors, but can't exclude the main board entirely. I'll keep looking at this.

Just a follow up on my P3-roc not connecting. It was a faulty usb connection at the motherboard. P3-roc and main board were fine. So the newer standoffs on the main board securing the P3-roc apparently do resolve the connection issue on the early games. Another issue to look at is to make sure the top of the bowling alley mechanism isn’t touching a mosfet on the front board. This can short out the scoop solenoid, which I had to replace. Magnet tape on the highest part of the metal of the bowling alley mech provides safety. I think most of the newer games already have this fix. Barry was incredibly helpful and responsive.

#424 4 years ago

Can anyone shoot me a pic where the topper power plugs in ? Thanks

#425 4 years ago

Why supply a plug if it’s not used ?
I think I will order a adapter and plug it in the wall ! The thought of splicing wires on the translite I’m very hesitant

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#426 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

I think I will order a adapter and plug it in the wall ! The thought of splicing wires on the translite I’m very hesitant

Works better splicing then crawling under your game to unplug the topper every time. Rather simple and integrated to go to the 12v translite in my opinion.

#427 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Pick up an adapter that allows you to control the voltage. It’s pretty bright on 12V and reflective off the playfield window. I turned it down to 9V and like it better. Plug it into your surge protector and it fires up simultaneously.

#428 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Pick up an adapter that allows you to control the voltage. It’s pretty bright on 12V and reflective off the playfield window. I turned it down to 9V and like it better.

Mine came with a dimmer on the back side of the topper? Agreed it’s way to bright and needs to be dialed down.

#429 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Mine came with a dimmer on the back side of the topper? Agreed it’s way to bright and needs to be dialed down.

Must have a faulty dimmer on mine, couldn't get it to go down... Just tested again and it does dim a little but still too bright at 12V, so I like it better adjusting down to 9V. 6V was too dim.

#430 4 years ago

Cant we just tap into the power supply in the top right of the back box?

#431 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Cant we just tap into the power supply in the top right of the back box?

I used the wall outlet with Remote for the Speaker Lights, Sub and Topper on TBL
Seemed to be the most not invasive way.
40752E05-D115-4147-A712-3876147DA309 (resized).jpeg40752E05-D115-4147-A712-3876147DA309 (resized).jpeg

#432 4 years ago

I'd like to welcome Pinhead1982 who's TBL just shipped from DP. Would you mind sharing high-resolution photos of your under playfield, boards, and cabinet so we can compare any differences between DP builds vs. ARA built ones? From one of the photos you posted, it seemed like the apron might have not been screened. Was that fixed before shipping? Hoping so...

Welcome aboard buddy.

#433 4 years ago

--

#434 4 years ago
Quoted from Time:

I'd like to welcome Pinhead1982 who's TBL just shipped from DP. Would you mind sharing high-resolution photos of your under playfield, boards, and cabinet so we can compare any differences between DP builds vs. ARA built ones? From one of the photos you posted, it seemed like the apron might have not been screened. Was that fixed before shipping? Hoping so...
Welcome aboard buddy.

Hi Time!
Thanks for the welcome message. It’s good to finally be here... well as of Wednesday when game is delivered.

I am EA#105- the game coming is a new money game..
The Apron I think has had a decal applied- (picture of 2 games together has both aprons with logo on)

#435 4 years ago

Sure I will share pictures of the game underside when it arrives.

Hopefully All will be well and the issues/ feedback given on the 90 previous games, Barry has addressed.

I

3D1885BD-5638-4C2E-AC75-CFCD42A27B21 (resized).jpeg3D1885BD-5638-4C2E-AC75-CFCD42A27B21 (resized).jpeg
#436 4 years ago

Ordered a 12v adaptor , plug it in the wall and use the small remotes to turn it on. $12,500 I’m not even thinking of splicing wires ! I love the game but until I can get spare parts she just sits lit up !
Very few plays I’m afraid to break anything at this point. It’s ok I got a couple others to play.

#437 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Ordered a 12v adaptor , plug it in the wall and use the small remotes to turn it on. $12,500 I’m not even thinking of splicing wires ! I love the game but until I can get spare parts she just sits lit up !
Very few plays I’m afraid to break anything at this point. It’s ok I got a couple others to play.

Barry has told me - DP have all bases covered- alternative parts that can be used to build TBLs... just play the thing! Waited years to do it... well I have!

#438 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

I've been waiting to update code until I can make an image backup myself. Just haven't done it yet. Need to order a replica ssd. Does anyone know exactly what drive it is?

I already had to get in there fixing things though. My backglass didn't survive shipping. Looked like the foam edge fell out and the head rubbed against the rails scuffing them up. The back glass must have been cracked though because it all broke into pieces as I lifted the head for the first time. Luckily nothing irreplaceable was damaged. The translite was scratched but I already got a new one. I got new glass too and I'll order new rails since the scuff marks won't come out. Like others, my lock bar was scuffed too. Thinking I'll take the opportunity to change the top armor over to copper. I think that might look cool. I'll post details about replacing the glass and translite when I get to it doing it.

#439 4 years ago

I was playing about in the menu and went into software - Version

It is currently running at .48- but there is a list of previous updates. Anyone know if these are in the game memory?

I seem to remember music with Lyrics?

#440 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Nope, no lyrics.

#441 4 years ago

What pictures do people want of underside of the Playfield?

Just a Few of the whole thing?

#442 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

What pictures do people want of underside of the Playfield?
Just a Few of the whole thing?

Whole thing - but take plenty of photos in sections so we can zoom in - thanks!

#443 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

This was a controversy a few years back, DP claimed they had full original songs and posted a pic of Roger Sharpe “certifying” that their IP agreements were in order, then had to walk it back and replace with instrumental covers.

Luckily it still sounds pretty good!

#444 4 years ago

Anyone know how to get to the switch for “home” on the car? Gonna try to adjust mine so it sits in the home position better. Currently then car mech works perfectly but at times, not always, it will kinda bounce about 1/2 an inch back and forth over and over instead of sitting at home. I assume it’s a simple switch adjustment on the microswitch. Any tips? Thoughts?

Is there any easy way to get to the 2 disabled parking switches? Mine need adjustment there too. They hit (directly) just fine when the car isn’t out but when the car is out and you hit the car, it can take multiple solid shots to register a hit. I’d like to make it more sensitive.

#445 4 years ago

taking the roof off the building is easy and can see what you're dealing with for the switches

#446 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

taking the roof off the building is easy and can see what you're dealing with for the switches

Ok opposite question.

What switch makes to keep the car/door open. Is it the 2 standup targets. If so, what is beat wat to get at these switches to adjust?

Or so you make an adjustment somewhere in code to open further.

#447 4 years ago

the mechanism uses the parking spot targets to register car hits. i forgot if its the inner or outer one. i just adjusted till it worked well.. no false car hits, actual car hits are registered and the thing stops with confidence.. i.e., it opens till it sets off one of the switches.

#448 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

the mechanism uses the parking spot targets to register car hits. i forgot if its the inner or outer one. i just adjusted till it worked well.. no false car hits, actual car hits are registered and the thing stops with confidence.. i.e., it opens till it sets off one of the switches.

Did you adjust the switches? If so, how did you access them?

Or can you do something in code to open car further?

#449 4 years ago

access from inside the building like i said. your question about opening further isn't a thing as it opens until it sets off one of those switches.. it uses them as a limit switch. so, its as wide as possible always.

#450 4 years ago

Anyone install mirror blades in TBL? If so which ones (source/manufacturer)?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 210.00
$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.50
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,312 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 147.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/9?hl=vividpsychosis and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.