flipper position (3) (resized).jpeg
IMG_6626 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_archive_792_848601.jpg
Pinside_forum_7890198_0.jpg
Pinside_archive_876_2670498.jpg
IMG_0049 (resized).jpg
IMG_2632.gif

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,285 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 146.
#4801 1 year ago
Quoted from Chicagoland:

My machine mushroom depresses with most ball touches anywhere on playfield. Suggestions on how to resolve? See video
https://share.icloud.com/photos/061f5VfPi4Ac7-cuvA5A9gnhQ[quoted image]

Replied to your mail this morning. See thus your mailbox.

Correct term is popbumpers or, in TBL case, boobiecaps

#4802 1 year ago

After reading all of these posts I took a closer look at my play field and unfortunately I have the looking issue on both of the upper star posts on the slings. Real bummer for sure. It looks worse on the left than the right. I'm serial number 595 and have about 350 plays.

Do I need to submit a formal ticket? I'm definitely game for employing whatever fix is most recommended. I have never dealt with playfield pooling issues on other machines so dealing with it is definitely new to me

PXL_20221231_124047965 (resized).jpgPXL_20221231_124047965 (resized).jpgPXL_20221231_124100308 (resized).jpgPXL_20221231_124100308 (resized).jpg
#4803 1 year ago
Quoted from per3per3:

After reading all of these posts I took a closer look at my play field and unfortunately I have the looking issue on both of the upper star posts on the slings. Real bummer for sure. It looks worse on the left than the right. I'm serial number 595 and have about 350 plays.
Do I need to submit a formal ticket? I'm definitely game for employing whatever fix is most recommended. I have never dealt with playfield pooling issues on other machines so dealing with it is definitely new to me
[quoted image][quoted image]

Sorry to read this

Yes, you will have to sent a email to [email protected] with pictures of the issue and mentioning serialnumber.

#4804 1 year ago

After further inspection I’m seeing slight pooling on my upper right sling star post. A bummer for sure but as Rensh said this appears to be isolated to lower number runs. I’m 597(issue reported to support)Anybody with one on order or contemplating getting one should proceed without hesitation to acquire one of the best pins out there. While it’s a bit disappointing it’s not dutchpinball fault and I’m sure they will absolutely make this right for the parties involved. I’ll be reaching out to PinMonk and acquiring some of his Lexon rings to put on my other sling posts to avoid any further issues. It really only seems to be effecting the slings which is a good thing. Happy New Years dudes and happy flipping!!

1AE6FA90-2285-4087-AB63-CE9F887921E1 (resized).jpeg1AE6FA90-2285-4087-AB63-CE9F887921E1 (resized).jpegD6651CFF-477B-41C5-88D9-7D50C93F02AB (resized).jpegD6651CFF-477B-41C5-88D9-7D50C93F02AB (resized).jpeg
#4805 1 year ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Yelobird's ironing technique, followed by mylar rings to protect the areas that are flattened again worked for JJP owners that suffered through this Mirco crap.

Here's the thread with the how-to:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-playfield-post-repair-and-chip-proofing-how-to-all-brands

#4806 1 year ago
AC962371-1FD8-4A59-8291-1117AF0C3801 (resized).jpegAC962371-1FD8-4A59-8291-1117AF0C3801 (resized).jpeg
#4807 1 year ago

My TBL should be here around the end of January. I'm not scared. Been waiting a year and I'll definitely inspect the posts but I plan on playing the hell out of it!

#4808 1 year ago

Question I’m trying to remove my lighted apron so I can put a protector on my shooter lane, I pulled the back two screws from the brackets that sit on the lock down bar area and the apron won’t budge. Am I missing some other fasteners that hold it on the playfield?

#4809 1 year ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Question I’m trying to remove my lighted apron so I can put a protector on my shooter lane, I pulled the back two screws from the brackets that sit on the lock down bar area and the apron won’t budge. Am I missing some other fasteners that hold it on the playfield?

Same as any other B/W apron: remove the screws from the playfield hangers, slide the apron forward, and then lift up.

#4810 1 year ago

You may need to reach under the apron and push forward from right above where the front of the apron hooks onto the top of the playfield. There are two brackets under the apron on the two outlanes, and metal tab on the apron that hooks underneath them. If you're pushing forward on the top of the apron (after removing the screws on the playfield hook side of the apron) it can wedge and not slide forward. If you're able to reach in and push directly above the tabs, it should move very easily

#4811 1 year ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

You may need to reach under the apron and push forward from right above where the front of the apron hooks onto the top of the playfield. There are two brackets under the apron on the two outlanes, and metal tab on the apron that hooks underneath them. If you're pushing forward on the top of the apron (after removing the screws on the playfield hook side of the apron) it can wedge and not slide forward. If you're able to reach in and push directly above the tabs, it should move very easily

Yeah it’s just really tight, I was worried that it would slide forward and those two little brackets might scratch the playfield. I will try your suggestion and instead of pushing from the backside of the apron I will lift on the front bracket side of the apron and gently push.

#4812 1 year ago

Yeah it’s just really tight, I was worried that it would slide forward and those two little brackets might scratch the playfield. I will try your suggestion and instead of pushing from the backside of the apron I will lift on the front bracket side of the apron and gently push.

I had similar worries (and stickiness) with mine. You most definitely do not want to scratch up your playfield removing the apron.

Very easy for me to nudge mine out by pushing back and forth on the bottom side of the apron by the tabs (I have to go back and forth from left to right side on mine to get it going). Hopefully yours cooperates as well. I've had no issue at all sliding my apron back into place (just slides in)

#4813 1 year ago

I’m in Paris heading to nyc. The dudes on!

B038A15E-E6C6-4CE1-9F42-AD566A4FFEBA (resized).jpegB038A15E-E6C6-4CE1-9F42-AD566A4FFEBA (resized).jpeg
#4814 1 year ago

I joined the club a few days ago and so far very impressed with the game. Best looking game ever. I have code 1.0 installed from factory and so far only issue was mini alley couldn’t hit right side pin during split mode. I turned off right side gutter ball and that seemed to work? Occasionally a ball will get stuck underneath during a multi ball and opening coin door and closing gets it launched back onto play field. I’ve been fine tuning flippers & switches. So far so good. Occasionally a ball comes off left side dude wire ramp and caught against side panel but lowering right flipper strength seemed to help. Great game! Lovin it

#4815 1 year ago

In regard to the 16062021 playfield code.

Found out that its not a production date but that its the refers to design made 16062021. At that date a design change was made (some minor artwork change I think) and thats what the date stands for. So, all playfields made by the design of 16062021 will carry that mark. See it as a version number.

There is (on most of the playfields) also a timestamp of production. Its however at the backend of the playfield on which you screw the backboard. See attached picture. Not very easy thus to get to but its interesting info to get for sure. Otherwise we will have to go from manufacturing date of the TBL itself. For those who wanna do this, unscrew the backboard (think it are 4 or 5 screws) while playfield is pulled forward resting on its servicerails and make a picture with the selfiecam of your phone and sent it to [email protected] incl your TBL serialno. Thanks

For the rest discussion has ofcourse started to decide best way forward. To be contd asap.

TBL playfield serialno (resized).jpegTBL playfield serialno (resized).jpegTBL playfield versionno (resized).jpegTBL playfield versionno (resized).jpeg
#4816 1 year ago

Oh, I really don't like this. I thought Dutch Pinball used play fields from Buthamburg instead of Mirco. Did that change? I would gladly pay more for a better play field, preferably screen printed instead of inkjet printed.

#4817 1 year ago

OK so today I went ahead and pulled my sling posts off of my mid October 2022 built game today. I figured I would go ahead and install a set of Titan silicone playfield washers on the game while I was inspecting the playfield (see link for washers below) The playfield looks excellent, no pooling ect... here are a few pics before and after the washer installation, Once the washers are installed and slightly compressed they turn clear and are barely noticeable.
https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=154&search=washers

29E952F3-FE03-4B4E-8822-1EFC59CAE9F9 (resized).jpeg29E952F3-FE03-4B4E-8822-1EFC59CAE9F9 (resized).jpeg

EB5F4184-E7DD-494A-8D21-5A5665EF43B2 (resized).jpegEB5F4184-E7DD-494A-8D21-5A5665EF43B2 (resized).jpegF39F1716-3406-4091-A26E-AB2025EB14E4 (resized).jpegF39F1716-3406-4091-A26E-AB2025EB14E4 (resized).jpeg

1EF7B343-BF29-473B-A5D0-55A390846952 (resized).jpeg1EF7B343-BF29-473B-A5D0-55A390846952 (resized).jpeg

DE296997-8E6F-4F34-A6CD-8312134CB450 (resized).jpegDE296997-8E6F-4F34-A6CD-8312134CB450 (resized).jpegBCA8837E-37D7-45E6-9977-9D41DF6B285A (resized).jpegBCA8837E-37D7-45E6-9977-9D41DF6B285A (resized).jpeg

#4818 1 year ago

So this arrived yesterday. Going to crack it open this weekend. Can’t wait!

740ED20A-9B01-4D38-B18B-45C022544392 (resized).jpeg740ED20A-9B01-4D38-B18B-45C022544392 (resized).jpeg
#4819 1 year ago

must be the clear they use. I've been using the same clear for 17 years, and have yet to encounter this with my restorations. And i've done about 500 fields.</blockquote
So if this guy can get it right, why are we paying 13k for a game that some jackass is making the playfields for! It’s a bad-ass game and I think you guys are doing a great job, but this kind of money definitely deserves someone with a much better work ethic and degree of quality than mirco!

#4820 1 year ago

OK so today I went ahead and pulled my sling posts off of my mid October 2022 built game today. I figured I would go ahead and install a set of Titan silicone playfield washers on the game while I was inspecting the playfield (see link for washers below) The playfield looks excellent, no pooling ect... here are a few pics before and after the washer installation, Once the washers are installed and slightly compressed they turn clear and are barely noticeable.
https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=154&search=washers

3/4" Star Post Washers? Just confirming before I order some, myself.

#4821 1 year ago
Quoted from bonzo442:

so far only issue was mini alley couldn’t hit right side pin during split mode. I turned off right side gutter ball and that seemed to work?

There is a set screw on that orange plastic piece that guides the ball above the bowling alley. It can get loose, and if that is your problem, tightening it can fix this issue.

#4822 1 year ago
Quoted from Capn12:

3/4" Star Post Washers? Just confirming before I order some, myself.

Yes

#4823 1 year ago

Is it only the sling star-posts that people have found evidence of pooling? -- Am not finding any other locations in this thread.

#4824 1 year ago
Quoted from Bumper:

Oh, I really don't like this. I thought Dutch Pinball used play fields from Buthamburg

No, never. All layfields are from Mirco. But due to the looong story of TBL the first series of playfields coulr rest for years.
If the first run was silkscreened or digital .. I dont know.

I figured I would go ahead and install a set of Titan silicone playfield washers on the game while I was inspecting the playfield (see link for washers below)

Congratulations ... now you playfield is safe but looks with this washer like "pooling"

Quoted from LT4play:

Is it only the sling star-posts that people have found evidence of pooling? -- Am not finding any other locations in this thread.

So far ... yes !

#4825 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

In regard to the 16062021 playfield code.
Found out that its not a production date but that its the refers to design made 16062021. At that date a design change was made (some minor artwork change I think) and thats what the date stands for. So, all playfields made by the design of 16062021 will carry that mark. See it as a version number.
There is (on most of the playfields) also a timestamp of production. Its however at the backend of the playfield on which you screw the backboard. See attached picture. Not very easy thus to get to but its interesting info to get for sure. Otherwise we will have to go from manufacturing date of the TBL itself. For those who wanna do this, unscrew the backboard (think it are 4 or 5 screws) while playfield is pulled forward resting on its servicerails and make a picture with the selfiecam of your phone and sent it to [email protected] incl your TBL serialno. Thanks
For the rest discussion has ofcourse started to decide best way forward. To be contd asap.

Just to clarify Rensh, who should do this and what's the benefit?

#4826 1 year ago

So I love this game! I got lucky, no pooling but added the Titan silicone playfield washers under the sling post and some plastic protectors.

Has anyone else had the game just lock up in the middle of a game? The game continues to play music, the ball drains and nothing happens. Most times the flippers still work (the flippers have stopped a few times) and the music just plays along. I am going to be hosting a league night and would really like to get this reliable so I can share with people! As it is now there is no way I could use it in the league, it would get reset every 5-10 games.

#4827 1 year ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Congratulations ... now you playfield is safe but looks with this washer like "pooling"

So far ... yes !

LMAO ironic isn’t it

#4828 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

So this arrived yesterday. Going to crack it open this weekend. Can’t wait!
[quoted image]

cooked71
Is this from the big Aussie shipment arriving through Russell & co?

#4829 1 year ago
Quoted from mkintaiwan:

cooked71

That’s still on the boat as far as I know. Heard is more than a month in transit so expecting to arrive not earlier as end of Jan start Feb.

#4830 1 year ago

Does this game come with HD/invisi glass?

#4831 1 year ago
Quoted from splitcms:

nope

#4832 1 year ago
Quoted from mkintaiwan:

cooked71

No. Had some space in my own containers.

#4833 1 year ago

Thank you for the response. Was just curious if to order one for the game or not.

#4834 1 year ago
Quoted from twenty84:

There is a set screw on that orange plastic piece that guides the ball above the bowling alley. It can get loose, and if that is your problem, tightening it can fix this issue.

Thx for info haven’t had an issue since changing right side gutter ball to “no” instead of “yes” which was the factory setting. Weird thing is the left side was on “no” factory setting? But I will probably check that set screw if it’s loose. Thank you

#4835 1 year ago
Quoted from splitcms:

You can order it as an add-on. Guessing it comes pre-installed if you do.

D02A8C97-3CBF-4A9E-B04E-5CF31C1AEB41 (resized).jpegD02A8C97-3CBF-4A9E-B04E-5CF31C1AEB41 (resized).jpeg
#4836 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

That’s still on the boat as far as I know. Heard is more than a month in transit so expecting to arrive not earlier as end of Jan start Feb.

Any on a boat headed to the US? Coming up on 3 months post-invoice payment, and hoping it is soon!

#4837 1 year ago
Quoted from wesh:

So I love this game! I got lucky, no pooling but added the Titan silicone playfield washers under the sling post and some plastic protectors.
Has anyone else had the game just lock up in the middle of a game? The game continues to play music, the ball drains and nothing happens. Most times the flippers still work (the flippers have stopped a few times) and the music just plays along. I am going to be hosting a league night and would really like to get this reliable so I can share with people! As it is now there is no way I could use it in the league, it would get reset every 5-10 games.

Mine did this until I found this discussed in the FAQ part of the manual (thanks for Rensh’s help). If you flip up the PF and go to the main power cord (black in color). Pics shown to describe what I am talking about.
I replaced the original connector with a right angle connector and added a drop of hot glue. No more freezing up, getting lost. Does your connector have a right angle or is it the original connector?
Hope this helps.

157E5B04-75A0-44D9-91B3-8A1DB9652932 (resized).jpeg157E5B04-75A0-44D9-91B3-8A1DB9652932 (resized).jpeg2DE110B9-CDBF-4469-86F5-240D25C9DB1E (resized).jpeg2DE110B9-CDBF-4469-86F5-240D25C9DB1E (resized).jpeg
#4838 1 year ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

Mine did this until I found this discussed in the FAQ part of the manual (thanks for Rensh’s help). If you flip up the PF and go to the main power cord (black in color). Pics shown to describe what I am talking about.
I replaced the original connector with a right angle connector and added a drop of hot glue. No more freezing up, getting lost. Does your connector have a right angle or is it the original connector?
Hope this helps.[quoted image][quoted image]

I just checked, mind has the right angle with hot glue. That must be a fix done at the factory. I really appreciate the suggestion!

B8C8DA32-8BD4-40EB-A9A5-DB16EFC62351 (resized).jpegB8C8DA32-8BD4-40EB-A9A5-DB16EFC62351 (resized).jpeg
#4839 1 year ago
Quoted from wesh:

I just checked, mind has the right angle with hot glue. That must be a fix done at the factory. I really appreciate the suggestion!
[quoted image]

I'll never understand why (literally ALL) the manufacturers using USB don't use the commercially available screw reinforced USB panel mounts and cables. A lot of the "loose USB" grief would be completely eliminated. USB cables wouldn't come out until you unscrewed the finger screws on each side, like a VGA cable.

#4840 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'll never understand why (literally ALL) the manufacturers using USB don't use the commercially available screw reinforced USB panel mounts and cables. A lot of the "loose USB" grief would be completely eliminated. USB cables wouldn't come out until you unscrewed the finger screws on each side, like a VGA cable.

It adds too much to the BOM.

#4841 1 year ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

It adds too much to the BOM.

Literally a few bucks more, if that, in quantity. I doubt that's the reason.

#4842 1 year ago
Quoted from TomDK:

No, never. All layfields are from Mirco. But due to the looong story of TBL the first series of playfields coulr rest for years.
If the first run was silkscreened or digital .. I dont know.

So you are suggesting that the Mirco issues come from not drying enough time and Dutch Pinball will have the same troubles as American Pinball going forward?

#4843 1 year ago

Rensh I am a TBL owner since Oct and still waiting on my starry apron I paid cointaker for in July 2021 with the game invoice. Yet I see other owners have ordered and received it recently as an add on.

Is there a significant back order for starry aprons or are they going out regularly?

#4844 1 year ago
Quoted from Bumper:

So you are suggesting that the Mirco issues come from not drying enough time and Dutch Pinball will have the same troubles as American Pinball going forward?

The first TBL playfields were likely Mirco silkscreened, like his work on The Hobbit playfields, which were also bulletproof. The trouble arrived when he moved to digital printing after that. All Mirco playfields after The Hobbit era have issues, EXCEPT perhaps Toy Story 4 (it seems to be trouble free), which may have shown that he can solve the issue after 6 years of non-stop crap playfields. We'll see.

#4845 1 year ago
Quoted from cconway84:

Rensh I am a TBL owner since Oct and still waiting on my starry apron I paid cointaker for in July 2021 with the game invoice. Yet I see other owners have ordered and received it recently as an add on.
Is there a significant back order for starry aprons or are they going out regularly?

Mine took about a month, month and a half after I received my TBL.

I would suggest following up with Melissa and keep doing so, regularly.

#4846 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Do we know if the Playfields on these coming fall within the range of ones that had issues with pooling?

#4847 1 year ago
Quoted from Bumper:

No .. it is just an idea. In the meantime he might change his clearcoat and, as seen in this post, he changed also printing.
I did not know that the first playfields are silkscreen.
I have an early TBL and no issues with the playfield.
Same fpr my heighway Alien ... also a Mirco playfield with no issues. But I had some repro playfields with issues. So .. it depends ...

Quoted from PinMonk:

The first TBL playfields were likely Mirco silkscreened, like his work on The Hobbit playfields, which were also bulletproof. The trouble arrived when he moved to digital printing after that. All Mirco playfields after The Hobbit era have issues, EXCEPT perhaps Toy Story 4 (it seems to be trouble free), which may have shown that he can solve the issue after 6 years of non-stop crap playfields. We'll see.

#4848 1 year ago
Quoted from cconway84:

I suggest you contact Melissa.

#4849 1 year ago
Quoted from wesh:

[quoted image]

I like how your connector looks under the PF.
Be sure to check the other end of that connector, behind the back glass. When my machine was doing what you’re describing, it all came down to this connection.
Good Luck!

#4850 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

EXCEPT perhaps Toy Story 4 (it seems to be trouble free), which may have shown that he can solve the issue after 6 years of non-stop crap playfields.

Looks like JJP just moved the art from the posts which seems to work for Stern also. Be nice to know if Mirco changed anything on their end.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 22.50
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

There are 7,285 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/97 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.