flipper position (1) (resized).jpeg
flipper position (2) (resized).jpeg
flipper position (3) (resized).jpeg
IMG_6626 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_archive_792_848601.jpg
Pinside_forum_7890198_0.jpg
Pinside_archive_876_2670498.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,286 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 146.
#4701 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Does anyone know if the off-by-one high score error using profiles is fixed?
I didn’t see it on the changelog.

Oops, it is fixed in 1.10, but forgot to add it to the changelog (just did):
https://dutchpinball.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/tbl-246

#4702 1 year ago

If you want to be in backbox no need to disconnect the translite. Length cable long enough to put translite on top

No more forgetting where does the translite connector go ….

1342E09A-C1B5-4D57-8D4F-43B1B14A9895 (resized).jpeg1342E09A-C1B5-4D57-8D4F-43B1B14A9895 (resized).jpeg
#4703 1 year ago

I swear I saw somewhere that someone was making a mirrored backglass for TBL. Does anyone have any additional info on this?

#4704 1 year ago

Man, this really sucks. This is the reason I promised myself no more Jersey Jack's. I wasn't expecting this from a Lebowski Playfield...

20221226_133150 (resized).jpg20221226_133150 (resized).jpg20221226_133159 (resized).jpg20221226_133159 (resized).jpg
#4705 1 year ago

So sorry to see this (I spent literally a week tearing down my GnR CE to iron and cure the clear, and installing new posts and washers)

I believe Mirco makes theirs as well. My hope has been that production has been slow enough that the playfields have had more time to cure.

Could you share your manufacturing date? May as well start tracking these things

EDIT:

Just did a quick scan of mine. May 30 2022 build date, no pooling

#4706 1 year ago

Got mine around February this year. 699 Games...

Quoted from ray-dude:

So sorry to see this (I spent literally a week tearing down my GnR CE to iron and cure the clear, and installing new posts and washers)
I believe Mirco makes theirs as well. My hope has been that production has been slow enough that the playfields have had more time to cure.
Could you share your manufacturing date? May as well start tracking these things

#4707 1 year ago
Quoted from tk375:

Got mine around February this year. 699 Games...

What’s the serialnumber? See backside backbox.

#4708 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

What’s the serialnumber? See backside backbox.

20221226_134223 (resized).jpg20221226_134223 (resized).jpg
#4709 1 year ago
Quoted from tk375:

Man, this really sucks. This is the reason I promised myself no more Jersey Jack's. I wasn't expecting this from a Lebowski Playfield...
[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, that sucks.

Yelobird's repair technique can help the pooling sections flattened down before they start chipping/flaking:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-playfield-post-repair-and-chip-proofing-how-to-all-brands

#4710 1 year ago
Quoted from tk375:

[quoted image]

I have 673. Same issue

23DA038B-68D0-4397-9464-4A59F820B7A2 (resized).jpeg23DA038B-68D0-4397-9464-4A59F820B7A2 (resized).jpeg
#4711 1 year ago

#789 here looks perfect so far, Rensh has anything changed over the last hundred + playfields, are you into a new batch or something? Mine looks like glass and perfect at every post.
By the way interesting the new tags DP uses on their games...

8A54F64C-4D2B-48A1-9E91-B31AEB76FDC9 (resized).jpeg8A54F64C-4D2B-48A1-9E91-B31AEB76FDC9 (resized).jpeg
#4712 1 year ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

#789 here looks perfect so far, Rensh has anything changed over the last hundred + playfields, are you into a new batch or something? Mine looks like glass and perfect at every post.

Mirco changed something for the better around the time of Toy Story 4 production, so maybe Lebowski benefitted from that after their run started, too?

#4713 1 year ago

By the way interesting the new tags DP uses on their games...[quoted image]

How many games have you played on yours?

#4714 1 year ago

I had the same issue on the Lebowski I owned in the summer and sold it with full disclosure. I'm back in line, but communicated to Barry how much I'd love to see Bader out of Illinois do the playfields moving forward, given Mirco's track record. I recall that Mirco told me at TPF 2018 he just bought a new type of printer. It seems to me that there have been a lot of problems since. My Mirco original Alien is excellent. Hoping he has resolved this.

#4715 1 year ago

My heart sank when I saw the Mirco label after removing the apron for the starry upgrade.

I haven’t noticed any pooling yet, in fact I was surprised how nice the playfield was, so hoping for the best.

In the worst case scenario, given Micro history, will we be able to buy backup playfields Rensh ?

#4716 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

My heart sank when I saw the Mirco label after removing the apron for the starry upgrade.
I haven’t noticed any pooling yet, in fact I was surprised how nice the playfield was, so hoping for the best.
In the worst case scenario, given Micro history, will we be able to buy backup playfields Rensh ?

Mirco should be giving us a playfield. Not a chance to be able to buy one.

#4717 1 year ago
Quoted from tk375:

Mirco should be giving us a playfield. Not a chance to be able to buy one.

Yeah we’ve been down that road in JJP-world, it’s not gonna happen.

#4718 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yeah, a backup PF for half price is better than a full price one down the road. But I really hope that Toy Story 4 marks a change for Mirco, since those seem to be holding up without the pooling/chipping issues that have plagued them for every Mirco since Hobbit to varying degrees.

#4719 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Like you said. JJP world. This is Dutch Pinball.
Jersey Jack and Barry Engler were never willing to help.

#4720 1 year ago
Quoted from tk375:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Man. Sorry this happened to you. I just dropped my TBL deposit money last week and would never had done it if I knew this was happening. Might try to get a refund because waiting a year for 14k game with playfield issues isn't something I want to deal with.

#4721 1 year ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

I swear I saw somewhere that someone was making a mirrored backglass for TBL. Does anyone have any additional info on this?

Have alook in this thread ... I am sure you did not see the glass itself but talk about it:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/287

Quoted from tk375:

Oh shit .... what a nightmare. The JJP virus jumped over to TBL.
I guess that all the old stock playfields are used and there was a need for a new batch playfields which had no chance to settle for years.
It seems that the clear / hardener mixture is bad, the layer(s) of coat too thick. What a nightmare.
I had bad experiences with other playfields from M. but in Alien and TBL the playfields are fine.
Hope that there is a fair solution for all customers.

#4722 1 year ago
Quoted from tk375:

Like you said. JJP world. This is Dutch Pinball.
Jersey Jack and Barry Engler were never willing to help.

I don’t think it was about being unwilling.

Dutch is a startup that is working very hard to overcome financing and production faults in their infancy that nearly took down the company.
They are getting it done, and impressing everyone with their determination and most importantly, their product which I’m sure we’d all agree is terrific.

I don’t think they can sustain “free playfields for all” nor should they. History has shown us that while some will accept free playfields, others will still bitch and complain about not getting it installed free. You can’t make everyone happy without killing your company. When the GNR playfields cratered (which were worse than Pirates and Wonka issues for me) the offer to buy a playfield at cost seemed like a workable solution that I did take advantage of.

I would encourage everyone not to panic - your playfield might be fine. Mine has been holding up under our extreme levels of home play so far, and I’m sure we’ve got 1000 plays by now. I honestly didn’t know it was Mirco until I took the apron off.

I’d also note that I’ve not heard a single TS4 playfield complaint, so perhaps the process has finally been fixed.

#4723 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I don’t think it was about being unwilling.
Dutch is a startup that is working very hard to overcome financing and production faults in their infancy that nearly took down the company.
They are getting it done, and impressing everyone with their determination and most importantly, their product which I’m sure we’d all agree is terrific.
I don’t think they can sustain “free playfields for all” nor should they. History has shown us that while some will demand free playfields, others will still bitch and complain about not getting it installed free. You can’t make everyone happy without killing your company. When the GNR playfields cratered (which were worse than Pirates and Wonka issues for me) the offer to buy a playfield at cost seemed like a workable solution that I did take advantage of.
I would encourage everyone not to panic - your playfield might be fine. Mine has been holding up under our extreme levels of home play so far, and I’m sure we’ve got 1000 plays by now. I honestly didn’t know it was Mirco until I took the apron off.
I’d also note that I’ve not heard a single TS4 playfield complaint, so perhaps the process has finally been fixed.

I think a playfield at cost is a reasonable solution. It is in all of our best interests to have DP succeed, so getting pissed and demanding a new playfield wouldn’t be great.

I reached out to support to see what their thoughts are. DP support has been top notch, so I suspect they will come up with a fair solution on both sides.

#4724 1 year ago

Sorry to see these issues.

Rest assured that this will be discussed within DP itself and with Mirco to come up with a solution as fair as possible for all involved.

Factory is however more or less closed this week, only a skeleton crew is there making subassemblies.

Rest assured, a response will come but it can take some weeks because of the time of the year. Sorry for this as I can imagine people would like to know immediate, uncertainty is not a nice emotion after all, but that is just not feasible at this time of the year. Pls give us thus some time. Thanks for your understanding.

And yes, the earlier mentioned advice not to panic is good one.

#4725 1 year ago

Checked and same here on #667

Hmmmmmm
20221227_140914 (resized).jpg20221227_140914 (resized).jpg

Screenshot_20221227-141529_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20221227-141529_Gallery (resized).jpg
#4726 1 year ago

After all this time and bs, it would be nice for someone else to jump in the game, scoop up the sales and shitcan mirco!! If you can’t make a decent playfield, then GTFO! Unreal…

#4727 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Sorry to see these issues.
Rest assured that this will be discussed within DP itself and with Mirco to come up with a solution as fair as possible for all involved.
Factory is however more or less closed this week, only a skeleton crew is there making subassemblies.
Rest assured, a response will come but it can take some weeks because of the time of the year. Sorry for this as I can imagine people would like to know immediate, uncertainty is not a nice emotion after all, but that is just not feasible at this time of the year. Pls give us thus some time. Thanks for your understanding.
And yes, the earlier mentioned advice not to panic is good one.

Thank you Rensh.

#4728 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Man. Sorry this happened to you. I just dropped my TBL deposit money last week and would never had done it if I knew this was happening. Might try to get a refund because waiting a year for 14k game with playfield issues isn't something I want to deal with.

I have a friend in rockford selling his for $14000 with no pooling at all. Just opened the box like 2 months ago, and maybe has 40 plays on it. If that.

#4729 1 year ago

Welp...

I have fewer plays than I thought, but I too have the malady. My right sling looks perfect, but the bottom post on the left sling is bunching up to an alarming degree that I'll need to tear down and address with the iron.

Standard playfield iron disclaimer: do this only at your own risk, and know that the iron gets hotter and hotter the longer it is on. If it gets too hot you will overcook the playfield and lift the clear entirely. Ask me how I know.

IMG_0952.jpegIMG_0952.jpegIMG_0953.jpegIMG_0953.jpegIMG_0954.jpegIMG_0954.jpegIMG_0955.jpegIMG_0955.jpeg
#4730 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Welp...
I have fewer plays than I thought, but I too have the malady. My right sling looks perfect, but the bottom post on the left sling is bunching up to an alarming degree that I'll need to tear down and address with the iron.
Standard playfield iron disclaimer: do this only at your own risk, and know that the iron gets hotter and hotter the longer it is on. If it gets too hot you will overcook the playfield and lift the clear entirely. Ask me how I know.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I had similar findings that I shared with the DP team back in August and was told at that time that I was the only one. My comment then was that there will definitely be more, based on having owned several Pirates, a GnR, and a Batman when Stern had an issue. A couple of years earlier, I asked Barry if he would consider shifting over to Bader when the nos playfields run out. They do such fantastic work for American and Spooky. I understand that Mirco does volume, is conveniently located, and had done great work in the past, and perhaps is doing so again. It can be mitigated with protecting the posts such as on the JJP games. The hot iron technique can leave disc shaped marks on the playfield. Anyhow, I think DP is doing a great job, and this is obviously an issue with Mirco, who really should weigh in. My original Lebowski was with no clear issues, and only minor dimples, and it would be great to see that again. Even with this issue, I'm back in line for one of the best games out there, hoping the playfield lottery is resolved, but if not, will protect it and get a backup. The current upgrades to the game have been excellent, standup target reinforcements, improved code, the amazing starry apron, and so on.

#4731 1 year ago
Quoted from dts:

Anyhow, I think DP is doing a great job, and this is obviously an issue with Mirco, who really should weigh in.

Could not agree more. Nothing but love for Dutch.

#4732 1 year ago

Damnit. I found pooling and chipping around the posts. I didn't even see anything then a tiny chip popped off and I thought "what in the heck was that flying across the playfield?"

Came to this thread and wham, issues with others as well. Damnit. DAMNIT! 13k game with add ons that pushes it to 15k-ish and this happens. I can't blame DP. They have been awesome imo and they work hard to make sure everyone is happy. I'll just play and wait and see card. I mean, they just mailed me some bowling pins after I offered to pay for them. Gotta love that.

My serial is DO-01-00698, fyi. Should I post pics? I'll post one. That is not a reflection, that's paint chipped right off. Most of it is around the bumper posts. Some can be found at the pops.

For what it's worth I just got a new mirco Paragon playfield and it had 2 defects on it. They are so small that you wouldn't see them unless you looked for them, but they are indeed there.

That's a bummer, man. That's a bummer.

IMG_3644 (resized).JPGIMG_3644 (resized).JPG
#4733 1 year ago

I suggest to everyone who has this issue
, if you haven’t done it already, to sent an email to [email protected]

Include your serialno and good picture(s) of the issue. Don’t forget tbl serialnumber !!

At least it’s registered then and we know whom to inform when we know more. You are welcome to report it also on pinside, just make sure DP also has your details.

#4734 1 year ago

Thank you so much for your time and all the help Rensh.

Quoted from Rensh:

I suggest to everyone who has this issue
, if you haven’t done it already, to sent an email to [email protected]
Include your serialno and good picture(s) of the issue. Don’t forget tbl serialnumber !!
At least it’s registered then and we know whom to inform when we know more. You are welcome to report it also on pinside, just make sure DP also has your details.

#4735 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Welp...
Standard playfield iron disclaimer: do this only at your own risk, and know that the iron gets hotter and hotter the longer it is on. If it gets too hot you will overcook the playfield and lift the clear entirely. Ask me how I know.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What’s your game #?

#4736 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I have a friend in rockford selling his for $14000 with no pooling at all. Just opened the box like 2 months ago, and maybe has 40 plays on it. If that.

Thanks for the lead but I found one close enough to me. But I have no idea what production dates are pooling and chipping risks. Maybe the best course of action is to wait my 10-12 months and hopefully this mirco problem is resolved.

Maybe Dutch can find another company to make these playfields?

#4737 1 year ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

How many games have you played on yours?

Not that many yet, Fingers crossed it stays looking good. I’m curious could over tightening to star post be part of the issue?

#4738 1 year ago

Serial #0600 Jan ‘22 build. Luckily no playfield issues here as of yet.

#4739 1 year ago

What’s your game #?

The playfield date appears to be June 2021.

9D08A7FB-5C62-4B8E-8BBE-989AF3309768 (resized).jpeg9D08A7FB-5C62-4B8E-8BBE-989AF3309768 (resized).jpeg
#4740 1 year ago

So, so far, all of the impacted playfields have been serial numbers from 601-699 it seems? Just what I've gathered so far.

Dates on the play field themselves, like Derek’s post above, may help too.

#4741 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The playfield date appears to be June 2021.[quoted image]

My playfield also has the same june 2021 date code. My Lebowski is serial number 783 with a sept 2022 build date.

230 games in and I don’t have any pooling. Should I consider preventative washers or cliffy carbon post bases?

#4742 1 year ago

Pooling and chipping on mine

20F8904D-BA92-4C23-91B1-5F4511B0D3A1 (resized).jpeg20F8904D-BA92-4C23-91B1-5F4511B0D3A1 (resized).jpegAC2B2EDC-422B-4CB3-A638-88002E91B2B3 (resized).jpegAC2B2EDC-422B-4CB3-A638-88002E91B2B3 (resized).jpeg
#4743 1 year ago

Man, I loathe Mirco play fields. I'm sorry, but they've not proven to EVER consistently get this fixed. Bader just gets the job done somehow. Mirco HAS to get their $%&# together on this issue.

#4744 1 year ago

Unless it’s against the rules due to spoilers, can anyone explain the second phase of wizard mode? I just noticed I was hitting characters but the shots stayed lit, and I was bowling sometimes, and then eventually the flippers had more delay in firing.

#4745 1 year ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Man, I loathe Mirco play fields. I'm sorry, but they've not proven to EVER consistently get this fixed. Bader just gets the job done somehow. Mirco HAS to get their $%&# together on this issue.

Mirco was ROCK solid through Hobbit. Never heard of a problem with Hobbit PFs. The problems started with his digital printing setup, and have been chronic. Things seem to have come to a head with GnR and maybe were fixed for good as a result on Toy Story 4. As a result TS4 playfields I haven't heard of any problems on, but they were made AFTER the dates on these TBL playfields, so they may have been the last of the pool/chipping mircos, just delayed by a year before they were put into games.

#4746 1 year ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Unless it’s against the rules due to spoilers, can anyone explain the second phase of wizard mode? I just noticed I was hitting characters but the shots stayed lit, and I was bowling sometimes, and then eventually the flippers had more delay in firing.

See page 97 of operational manual. Once you have shot all characters phase 2 begins. You can’t miss it looking at the display and a multiball is started.

You can see it in action at

#4748 1 year ago

Hopefully they fix the playfield Mirco issue before mine comes mid next year. Titan makes rubber star post rings that would really help this. Maybe they can buy them in bulk and add before shipping

#4749 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Hopefully they fix the playfield Mirco issue before mine comes mid next year. Titan makes rubber star post rings that would really help this. Maybe they can buy them in bulk and add before shipping

This would be a workaround and not a solution.

#4750 1 year ago

I have a new TBL and just started experiencing a dead right flipper. If I pull up the playfield and power it up, the right flipper works fine...drop the playfield and it goes dead again. I don't see anything out of place or obvious. Any ideas?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 210.00
15,000 (OBO)
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 22.50
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,286 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/95 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.