IMG_20240423_132359275 (resized).jpg
IMG_5894 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5893 (resized).jpeg
735513270 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,310 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 147.
#4451 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Just curious - what flipper should the ball return to when hitting the left orbit?
As it goes around and exits underneath the right spinner?

Mine hits the right flipper.

#4452 1 year ago
Quoted from KoenHeltzel:

Hello everyone,
We have another update ready: v1.01
This time we are mainly fixing bugs and tweaking things that were introduced in 1.00, but also some general improvements. See the attached changelog or the download page for more details:
https://www.dutchpinball.com/the_big_lebowski_pinball_software
There is more in the works but we first wanted to get these improvements out to you guys.
Enjoy and have a great weekend,
Team Dutch Pinball[quoted image]

Any thought on putting an adult mode in this? My son loves it bc of the bowling theme but def some choice words especially with the new code.

No worries and not a top priority by any means but just a thought. Rich and Morty works really well in my house bc of that adult mode as y kids love that too.

Edit - already in the game!

#4453 1 year ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Is there shaker motor code in TBL and ifso which model works with it? Thanks
About to watch the Netherlands play and get some Dude games in! I offered to temporarily put a red light under the White Russian and drink bloody Mary’s while we play but ppl are afraid the Dude will get indigestion.

No shaker bc of bowling alley

#4454 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Any thought on putting an adult mode in this? My son loves it bc of the bowling theme but def some choice words especially with the new code.
No worries and not a top priority by any means but just a thought. Rich and Morty works really well in my house bc of that adult mode as y kids love that too.

There is a family mode setting. TBL Family Mode “Off” next to my R&M with 100% swearing makes for a very fun night!

#4455 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Adjustments / Sound / first option, I know bc as soon as we heard This is what happens when you ‘find’ a stranger ‘in the alps’ came on and kids were in the next room I was like oh s#%t(; and also when Jesus says what he’ll do till Saturday lol. There’s still a few cuss words that are heard in fam mode but I guess Hell and GD are ok in the Netherlands hah

#4456 1 year ago

Thanks guys. Well done Dutch. Impressive. Didn’t even know.

#4457 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

No shaker bc of bowling alley

Thanks, that’s interesting I didn’t realize the shaker would potentially harm the bowling alley. I was told there are no plans for shaker implemented in the code and I can of course respect that. I just like options and any game I’ve added one to was perfectly fine without it but there was always an added dynamic with it etc… and it’s definitely not for everyone, so being able to turn it on/off suits all. I know bashing the car and rug and hitting pins seem like great areas it could enhance, but definitely wouldn’t want anything that could cause harm.
The display would be nice to have the option to try it with no dots, though the dots look is awesome to me, again the option to change it up for different owners & guests could always be welcomed.
Enjoying this new addition just in time for Thanksgiving guests -everyone is loving the Dude!

#4458 1 year ago
Quoted from KoenHeltzel:

We have another update ready: v1.01

In the change log, I see this: "Added support for a "Scoop Opto" switch replacement via the new "Mod Connector Breakout Board"."

Can you explain what this is and how do we go about getting the breakout board and scoop opto? I assume this replaced the scoop switch which has been problematic at times for me.

Very interested in learning more about this!

Thanks
Ed

#4459 1 year ago

The message about the scoop opto switch is preparation for something DP is expected to implement in (start of) 2023.

A new scoop has been designed in which the current mechanical switch has been replaced with an Opto. To control this opto an extension board has been designed which will fit to the mod extension connector. It will be a ‘pass-trough’ board so the starry lit apron can still be connected.

Proto has been made, tested and approved and now it’s waiting for production parts to come in. It’s expected to become reality start 2023.

Yes, it will become available for purchasing from existing TBL owners. Price and deltime unknown yet. Best to have first production parts in hand and make sure they are made as designed. With current supply chain issues this is best practice nowadays.

So, to be continued. Once available I will report on it. Any question left, just let me know and I am happy to answer them best way I can.

#4460 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

The message about the scoop opto switch is preparation for something DP is expected to implement in (start of) 2023.
A new scoop has been designed in which the current mechanical switch has been replaced with an Opto. To control this opto an extension board has been designed which will fit to the mod extension connector. It will be a ‘pass-trough’ board so the starry lit apron can still be connected.
Proto has been made, tested and approved and now it’s waiting for production parts to come in. It’s expected to become reality start 2023.
Yes, it will become available for purchasing from existing TBL owners. Price and deltime unknown yet. Best to have first production parts in hand and make sure they are made as designed. With current supply chain issues this is best practice nowadays.
So, to be continued. Once available I will report on it. Any question left, just let me know and I am happy to answer them best way I can.

Well I'm in for this, as my scoop is acting up quite a bit. It frequently won't register until I give the machine a nudge.

#4461 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Well I'm in for this, as my scoop is acting up quite a bit. It frequently won't register until I give the machine a nudge.

If adjusting the switch arm won’t do the trick, you could try drilling the holes out a bit in the switch bracket so the switch arm sits a little higher in the scoop. You just need to get the right size locknuts to keep the screws in place after drilling. This has worked for me so far.

#4462 1 year ago

Last week, I had my best game.

63956679-11C1-43F4-A9E8-C717FC658669 (resized).jpeg63956679-11C1-43F4-A9E8-C717FC658669 (resized).jpeg
#4463 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Just curious - what flipper should the ball return to when hitting the left orbit?
As it goes around and exits underneath the right spinner?

before mine would shoot for the middle. Now that I added something to the metal rail to kick the ball over to the left flipper.

#4464 1 year ago

Finally finished a game of bowling on code 1.0

I’ll take a 205.

Would it be lame if I set up a thread for us dudes to keep track of our high bowling scores?

217C647F-82A6-41D7-8862-D560A87150B7 (resized).jpeg217C647F-82A6-41D7-8862-D560A87150B7 (resized).jpeg
#4465 1 year ago

How much longer will these be produced?

#4466 1 year ago
Quoted from Shabazz18:

How much longer will these be produced?

They renewed the license for like three yrs recently. A long while. Order now it takes a year.

#4467 1 year ago

This may be cool to hang on wall. On eBay 2x4’ but can do larger. Anyone have this already? Not sure about print quality.

3B0BA172-A59E-4EF8-A1CE-10C70C45F84D (resized).png3B0BA172-A59E-4EF8-A1CE-10C70C45F84D (resized).png
#4469 1 year ago

Vinyl with eyelets

#4470 1 year ago

For anyone with a TBL on order that wants to stock up on some must have mods, I just put a pile on sale:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/146975

I was collecting these for my TBL on order, but I ended up buying a used TBL that already had all these installed.

#4471 1 year ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

For anyone with a TBL on order that wants to stock up on some must have mods, I just put a pile on sale:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/146975
I was collecting these for my TBL on order, but I ended up buying a used TBL that already had all these installed.

Anyone have directions to update an extra hard drive with old code to new?

#4472 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Anyone have directions to update an extra hard drive with old code to new?

Just unhook the current one and hook up the backup temporarily. Then update the code as normal and switch back to the original when done.

#4473 1 year ago

After many iterations, audio tuning, shipping back and forth, this seems to be the winning playlist amongst the group.

I have to say, it does sound quite amazing and goes with the theme nicely.

Cheers Dudes!

==========
Hotel California
==========

1. Hotel California (Gipsy kings version)
2. Green River
3. Bad Moon Rising
4. Sympathy for the Devil
5. Baba O' Riley
6. Evil Ways (Santana)

=========
Oye Como Va
=========

1. Man in Me
2. Oye Como Va
3. The Gambler
4. Gimme Shelter
5. Ring of Fire
6. Sultans of Swing

===============
Run through the Jungle
===============

1. Run through the Jungle
2. Proud Mary
3. Paint it Black
4. Born on the bayou
5. Miss you (Rolling Stones)
6. Hurricane

#4474 1 year ago

Has anyone done a successful export of their database to USB with v1.01? I am trying to do a backup and it sits on Database File (Exporting) for hours at a time. When I powered down the machine and looked at my USB stick, I didn't see anything written.

This is a 64GB USB stick, and has the v1.01 update on it (I successfully updated my machine from this stick) so the machine is seeing it.

I will let it run overnight in case it takes an exceptionally long time...

#4475 1 year ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

Has anyone done a successful export of their database to USB with v1.01? I am trying to do a backup and it sits on Database File (Exporting) for hours at a time. When I powered down the machine and looked at my USB stick, I didn't see anything written.
This is a 64GB USB stick, and has the v1.01 update on it (I successfully updated my machine from this stick) so the machine is seeing it.

Maybe you should clear the USB before using it for the backup!?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4476 1 year ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Just unhook the current one and hook up the backup temporarily. Then update the code as normal and switch back to the original when done.

Or unhook the running one, create an image and copy it to the old spare drive ... So you have also a backup on your pc.

#4477 1 year ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

Hi @ray-dude, sorry for the trouble.
It should be pretty much instant. If it takes longer than a few seconds something went wrong. I see now in the code that the [EXPORTING] text isn't removed when the copy goes wrong, I'll fix that.
Maybe you can try another USB stick or format this USB stick differently (then put the update back on). I know this process seems picky and doesn't always work. But I just tested the export from 1.01 on an old TBL computer and a new TBL computer and both worked (with a NTFS formatted USB stick).

#4478 1 year ago

Thank you Koen! I’ll try a couple different formatted sticks later today. Appreciate it

#4479 1 year ago
Quoted from KoenHeltzel:

Hi ray-dude, sorry for the trouble.
It should be pretty much instant. If it takes longer than a few seconds something went wrong. I see now in the code that the [EXPORTING] text isn't removed when the copy goes wrong, I'll fix that.
Maybe you can try another USB stick or format this USB stick differently (then put the update back on). I know this process seems picky and doesn't always work. But I just tested the export from 1.01 on an old TBL computer and a new TBL computer and both worked (with a NTFS formatted USB stick).

Quick update here for others that may run into this. I am on a Mac laptop, and could not get multiple USB sticks formatted in various permutations of FAT and exFAT to work (MBR, GUI partition map, etc)

I used my partners windows laptop to format a stick to NTFS (OSX does not support NTFS formatting), and USB exports were instant (<1 second) and work like a charm. I will keep a NTFS formatted stick in the coin box for backups.

V1.01, type 2 PC board

Thanks again KoenHeltzel for the pointer to expected behavior!

#4480 1 year ago

I know that the rules for each mode are displayed on the screen before it starts and lights flash for the right shots but let’s assume I miss that as I’ma terrible pinball player….. any other place to remind the player how to beat the mode after the mode timer starts?

#4481 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

I know that the rules for each mode are displayed on the screen before it starts and lights flash for the right shots but let’s assume I miss that as I’ma terrible pinball player….. any other place to remind the player how to beat the mode after the mode timer starts?

Pretty sure the text stays on screen for the whole mode.

#4482 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Pretty sure the text stays on screen for the whole mode.

I thought so too but it doesn’t. At least the modes I was playing last night

#4483 1 year ago

I had the same experience on my IMAC and could not get the file loaded. I had to load the file from a PC laptop in order to get it loaded on my USB stick. Just another reason why I question myself on why I bought a mac lol...

Quoted from ray-dude:

Quick update here for others that may run into this. I am on a Mac laptop, and could not get multiple USB sticks formatted in various permutations of FAT and exFAT to work (MBR, GUI partition map, etc)
I used my partners windows laptop to format a stick to NTFS (OSX does not support NTFS formatting), and USB exports were instant (<1 second) and work like a charm. I will keep a NTFS formatted stick in the coin box for backups.
V1.01, type 2 PC board
Thanks again KoenHeltzel for the pointer to expected behavior!

#4484 1 year ago

Anyone know why we cannot update to version 1.01. It thinks the hard drive is full, which it is not.

1126221933_HDR (resized).jpg1126221933_HDR (resized).jpg
#4485 1 year ago
Quoted from Fordiesel69:

Anyone know why we cannot update to version 1.01. It thinks the hard drive is full, which it is not.
[quoted image]

Did you delete any of the older versions to clear some space? Page 68 in the operations manual: https://www.dutchpinball.com/files/manuals/Dutch_Pinball_2021_The_Big_Lebowski_Pinball_Manual_1.00.pdf

#4486 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

I thought so too but it doesn’t. At least the modes I was playing last night

I played some tbl today and the modes I played had text on display. Also the arrows are lit for the shots you need to make.

#4487 1 year ago

I know I had to delete like 7 previous versions to free up space. This file is quite large compared to previous versions.

Quoted from jyeakley:

Did you delete any of the older versions to clear some space? Page 68 in the operations manual: https://www.dutchpinball.com/files/manuals/Dutch_Pinball_2021_The_Big_Lebowski_Pinball_Manual_1.00.pdf

#4488 1 year ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

After many iterations, audio tuning, shipping back and forth, this seems to be the winning playlist amongst the group.
Cheers Dudes!
==========
Hotel California
==========
1. Hotel California (Gipsy kings version)
2. Green River
3. Bad Moon Rising
4. Sympathy for the Devil
5. Baba O' Riley
6. Evil Ways (Santana)
=========
Oye Como Va
=========
1. Man in Me
2. Oye Como Va
3. The Gambler
4. Gimme Shelter
5. Ring of Fire
6. Sultans of Swing
===============
Run through the Jungle
===============
1. Run through the Jungle
2. Proud Mary
3. Paint it Black
4. Born on the bayou
5. Miss you (Rolling Stones)
6. Hurricane

I think at this point the playlist is pretty solid. Played tons of games and the songs just fit so nicely. I may look at the rug mode songs next and see if there are any worth replacing. Any thoughts from the group on replacement songs?

#4489 1 year ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

I think at this point the playlist is pretty solid. Played tons of games and the songs just fit so nicely. I may look at the rug mode songs next and see if there are any worth replacing. Any thoughts from the group on replacement songs?

Man, come on. I had a rough night and I hate the fuckin' Eagles, man.

#4490 1 year ago

Viva Las Vegas!!!

Quoted from jyeakley:

19D98DB8-1456-4F0E-93E0-5F818B103A50 (resized).jpeg19D98DB8-1456-4F0E-93E0-5F818B103A50 (resized).jpeg
#4491 1 year ago

Thinking this...

1. Where’s The Money - My Mood Swings
2. Ransom Note - Requiem Mass in D minor
3. Female Form - Standing On the Corner
4. Ringer - Mucha Muchacha
5. See What Happens - Viva Las Vegas
6. Donny - Behave yourself

#4492 1 year ago

Cheers Dudes!

GOOD WORK!

#4493 1 year ago

I deleted all of them except 1.00.

#4494 1 year ago

Here's the bowling ball launch button from Mneubey with some fresh holes in the holes(:.)
I used a 5/32 bit and just went slowly in the holes until I punched through. Super easy just made sure to keep it straight - didn't want to nick the white rings and rough them up. Obviously the top two holes are more of what you see from players view, but all light up and its a nice effect!

IMG_3087 (resized).jpgIMG_3087 (resized).jpg

#4496 1 year ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Here's the bowling ball launch button from Mneubey with some fresh holes in the holes(:.)
I used a 5/32 bit and just went slowly in the holes until I punched through. Super easy just made sure to keep it straight - didn't want to nick the white rings and rough them up. Obviously the top two holes are more of what you see from players view, but all light up and its a nice effect!

[quoted image]

I've got the red and black one installed and will likely do this to mine. Thanks for sharing!

#4497 1 year ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

[quoted image]

Thanks for the tip!

#4498 1 year ago

New Lebowski build that I successfully updated to 1.0 when I got it last month. Updated tonight to 1.01 successfully. I then selected the 1.01 software version. The game is now stuck in a loading loop where the loading screen with tumbleweeds comes up for a few seconds then goes black and repeats.

Best way to get back to 1.0? I can’t get to the service menu at the moment due to the loading failure. I have usb keyboard / mouse.

#4499 1 year ago
Quoted from cconway84:

New Lebowski build that I successfully updated to 1.0 when I got it last month. Updated tonight to 1.01 successfully. I then selected the 1.01 software version. The game is now stuck in a loading loop where the loading screen with tumbleweeds comes up for a few seconds then goes black and repeats.
Best way to get back to 1.0? I can’t get to the service menu at the moment due to the loading failure. I have usb keyboard / mouse.

Issue resolved quickly with Rensh quick support to roll me back to 1.0 Very pleased with DP support.

#4500 1 year ago

"Veel geluk!' to our Dutch friends on Saturday's World Cup match!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

15,000 (OBO)
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 22.50
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,310 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 147.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/90 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.