735513270 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 1 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 1 (resized).jpg
Photo Apr 19 2024, 8 52 09 AM (resized).jpg
Photo Apr 19 2024, 8 52 46 AM (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,303 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 147.
#351 4 years ago

Truly no way to tell unless you try it. It looks compatible but the audio sections are different (5.1 vs 7.1). We are talking about linux drivers.

Quoted from willysray:

I’m new to this. I want to buy a backup motherboard. What’s the difference between the asrock q1900 and q1900b? Size? Will the q1900b work?

#352 4 years ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

What's this about a topper?

Mellisa told me all the new owners are getting toppers ?

34DEAC61-6AEC-432D-89CE-3E867965D860 (resized).png34DEAC61-6AEC-432D-89CE-3E867965D860 (resized).png68BAEDA6-40E7-4CBC-BCAD-B79EF44CD3EB (resized).png68BAEDA6-40E7-4CBC-BCAD-B79EF44CD3EB (resized).png
#353 4 years ago

What's this about a topper?

#354 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

All new going forward? Does this include the current 40 that just bought through her?

#355 4 years ago

So I haven’t figured out how to spell Donny yet? Can someone give me some assistance please.

#356 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

So I haven’t figured out how to spell Donny yet? Can someone give me some assistance please.

Shoot the left orbit five times?

#357 4 years ago

Shoot the left orbit five times?

That’s what I thought but I haven’t spelled Donny yet. Just odd I have everyone else but him. Thanks for the info.

#358 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Truly no way to tell unless you try it. It looks compatible but the audio sections are different (5.1 vs 7.1). We are talking about linux drivers.

I just ordered a 1900b off eBay. It'll take a while but I'm going to give the hard-drive cloning and mobo swap a try as time permits.

Note that if you're in Canada you can order the OG mobo here: http://www.itxcanada.com/index.php?p=product&id=1432&parent=24
They won't ship to the states or I'd have bought one through them instead.

Here is the RAM that DP used on my system: https://www.newegg.com/corsair-4gb-204-pin-ddr3-so-dimm/p/N82E16820233582?item=N82E16820233582

#359 4 years ago

I just ordered a 1900b off eBay. It'll take a while but I'm going to give the hard-drive cloning and mobo swap a try as time permits.
Note that if you're in Canada you can order the OG mobo here: http://www.itxcanada.com/index.php?p=product&id=1432&parent=24
They won't ship to the states or I'd have bought one through them instead.
Here is the RAM that DP used on my system: https://www.newegg.com/corsair-4gb-204-pin-ddr3-so-dimm/p/N82E16820233582?item=N82E16820233582

Awesome!

Just swap out the motherboard- 2 usb connectors, 1 vga, 1 SATA and power supply hookup.

You will know if it works in 15 minutes!! And then let us know.

The only other thing may be to hookup a keyboard and hit F2 or delete and go into bios. Take screenshots of each tab to know the settings. You can then enter those in new b version of board

I have spent some time looking at this and it looks like it should work. I was going to do same - but will wait for you to report back soon.

Thanks!!

#360 4 years ago

Why is Vivid selling his TBL?

#361 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

All new going forward? Does this include the current 40 that just bought through her?

I honestly don’t know, I might have misunderstood but it’s the recent 40 games but don’t hold me to that

This game and everything around it is
Fucking crazy ! I can’t even read the pre order thread anymore it’s rediculous

#362 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Great question - curious minds want to know!

#363 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Cheap insurance with identical replacement.
Also the plug in ports are not identical to other manufacturers PSU.
You might be able to buy a more expensive Cooler Master model that is still in production?
Also to sd_tom - I thought of this as well. I am hoping they do have an update so we can purchase; however, who knows if they make these additional 200+ machines? I am hoping they do so we have replacement parts potentially.
Also ASROCK makes sister boards to q1900-itx . Like the q1900m, q1900b etc. one of these I am sure will work. I plan on figuring that out since they no longer make the q1900. Clone hard drive, plug in new board and cpu to see what happens....
In meantime, hoping DP has already done this and can give us this path forward. Hoping.....

Motherboard support is going to be based on the Linux kernel version used by DP in these builds. Any hardware ( cpu / chipsets etc ) that is a newer generation likely won’t work 100%. It’s possible that updates can be made to the Ubuntu build used, but that is highly dependent on how customized of a build DP used. Has anyone tried to boot this with an external monitor attached? I’m guessing the OS is locked with a root password.

#364 4 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

Motherboard support is going to be based on the Linux kernel version used by DP in these builds. Any hardware ( cpu / chipsets etc ) that is a newer generation likely won’t work 100%. It’s possible that updates can be made to the Ubuntu build used, but that is highly dependent on how customized of a build DP used. Has anyone tried to boot this with an external monitor attached? I’m guessing the OS is locked with a root password.

Not 100% sure, but the Q1900B was built around same time as original, just a few minor differences. Same CPU. Worth a shot.

Also let’s see what DP does with next set of games for a PC.

#365 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Does everyone’s game have this device?

yes, the future plan was high scores and stuff online. i think a couple people got as far as beta testing it

#366 4 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

Has anyone tried to boot this with an external monitor attached

there already is an external monitor attached, the LCD display. if you have keyboard attached and hit escape a bunch of times as its booting up you will get the ubuntu desktop. and can navigate around. i seem to recall whatever password was there was easily guessable.. but that was 2 years ago i was playing around and forgot.

#367 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

there already is an external monitor attached, the LCD display. if you have keyboard attached and hit escape a bunch of times as its booting up you will get the ubuntu desktop. and can navigate around. i seem to recall whatever password was there was easily guessable.. but that was 2 years ago i was playing around and forgot.

That’s a good sign. If you can access the desktop then it’s possible to upgrade the kernel or ubuntu distro to support newer hardware. Hopefully you can remember that password.

#368 4 years ago

it was something easy like 'dp' i think.. like literally my first guess when prompted for password.

#369 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Hey fellas. I am selling mine unfortunately to help cover the cost of support my wife’s family medical care. Her grandmother is coming into the late stages of dementia and can no longer be kept at her mothers house and her father is a handyman who recently was diagnosed with cancer and can barely walk now.

Her family is not as fortunate as we are , so we are doing what we can to provide them assistance.

My TBL is for sale as well as a 2017 Supercharged Grand Sport Corvette 3lt auto.

Thanks for the inquiry. It’s a shitty time. Also, sorry I haven’t been streaming this past week. We have been dealing with the family stuff obviously and now I’m back, but will be spending some time on borderlands 3. I’ll post up on twitter when I plan do a return stream.

#370 4 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

Hey fellas. I am selling mine unfortunately to help cover the cost of support my wife’s family medical care. Her grandmother is coming into the late stages of dementia and can no longer be kept at her mothers house and her father is a handyman who recently was diagnosed with cancer and can barely walk now.
Her family is not as fortunate as we are , so we are doing what we can to provide them assistance.
My TBL is for sale as well as a 2017 Supercharged Grand Sport Corvette 3lt auto.
Thanks for the inquiry. It’s a shitty time. Also, sorry I haven’t been streaming this past week. We have been dealing with the family stuff obviously and now I’m back, but will be spending some time on borderlands 3. I’ll post up on twitter when I plan do a return stream.

Sorry to hear this Vivid, it really looked like you loved this machine so figured something much more important came up. Well hope you get a buyer as the cause is well deserved and much more important than the machines. My younger brother died a year ago from cancer; it’s the worst thing. And my grandmother had Alzheimer’s so hate to hear this. So god speed to your family and hopefully you’ll get back to Club someday. You should put up a go fund me, us pinball peeps are good to help out

#371 4 years ago

Anyone know why the left orbit shot for Donny the 2nd gate is open sometimes and closed other? Or is there an issue with my gate? I seem to get Maude constantly but can’t get Donny.

#372 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Anyone know why the left orbit shot for Donny that the 2nd gate is open sometimes and closed other? Or is there an issue with my gate? I seem to get Maude constantly but can’t get Donny.

I have the same issue. Not sure why.

#373 4 years ago

Just saw this!

https://thedudesdesigns.com/pages/the-big-lebowski

CC_Master_Squares_Layers_aa203e98-ff84-4112-aa06-69e91eb19389_large (resized).pngCC_Master_Squares_Layers_aa203e98-ff84-4112-aa06-69e91eb19389_large (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-09-13 at 2.09.14 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-09-13 at 2.09.14 AM (resized).png
#374 4 years ago
3D8404C1-66D2-430B-8819-C6AE7C9E3430 (resized).jpeg3D8404C1-66D2-430B-8819-C6AE7C9E3430 (resized).jpeg
#375 4 years ago

Anyone know who manufactured the middle main & the front main circuit boards for DP?

#376 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Anyone know who manufactured the middle main & the front main circuit boards for DP?

Have you asked Barry? Having issues with yours?

#377 4 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Have you asked Barry? Having issues with yours?

I think he is trying to get spares for himself and anyone else who wants one.

#378 4 years ago

Ok. Got some spare PC power supplies shipped!

Next up is the custom USB audio board. See picture below. This is an exact replacement. (There may be other ways to do audio - not interested in discussing this - this is a factory OEM board - to keep our systems factory).

Please PM me to get on a list if interested. The cost will be between $170 - $200 plus shipping. Note, I have not worked out final numbers, when I do I will let you all know. The deal is not final yet - working it!

Not making profit - just trying to get boards out there as spares for us.

Thx

F9D88DF0-3069-4153-AC1E-4BCD9DBFD2F4 (resized).pngF9D88DF0-3069-4153-AC1E-4BCD9DBFD2F4 (resized).png
#379 4 years ago

Just powdercoated my first lebowski for a customer in a color i call burnout orange

20190913_174311 (resized).jpg20190913_174311 (resized).jpg20190913_174348 (resized).jpg20190913_174348 (resized).jpg20190913_174400 (resized).jpg20190913_174400 (resized).jpgreceived_421801895130382 (resized).jpegreceived_421801895130382 (resized).jpegreceived_237744487130582 (resized).jpegreceived_237744487130582 (resized).jpegreceived_2490064424418209 (resized).jpegreceived_2490064424418209 (resized).jpeg
#380 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Just powdercoated my first lebowski for a customer in a color i call burnout orange

Nice work Robert! If I ever get my TBL, you may be getting a similar request from me.

Different color though - I want to match my favorite bowling ball!

#381 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Nice work Robert! If I ever get my TBL, you may be getting a similar request from me.
Different color though - I want to match my favorite bowling ball!

Ive considered a few finishes. Obviously one being a mirror black finish like dudes ball, also a nice metallic gold that kinda looks like a 90s bowling ball

#382 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Ive considered a few finishes. Obviously one being a mirror black finish like dudes ball, also a nice metallic gold that kinda looks like a 90s bowling ball

That orange is pretty sharp looking though, I like it

#383 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Have you not been following CPR9999- main boards were made by ARA..

All circuit boards and metal subways were fabricated by ARA.

#384 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Have you not been following CPR9999- main boards were made by ARA..
All circuit boards and metal subways were fabricated by ARA.

Ok thanks. Didn’t see that.

So the middle main and the front main boards are made by ARA.

Note, the usb audio board was not made by ARA.

Also there are a number of Mulitimorphic boards - I believe qty 4 in the system as well.

So we have multiple board manufacturers.

#385 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Ok. Got some spare PC power supplies shipped!
Next up is the custom USB audio board. See picture below. This is an exact replacement. (There may be other ways to do audio - not interested in discussing this - this is a factory OEM board - to keep our systems factory).
Please PM me to get on a list if interested. The cost will be between $170 - $200 plus shipping. Note, I have not worked out final numbers, when I do I will let you all know. The deal is not final yet - working it!
Not making profit - just trying to get boards out there as spares for us.
Thx[quoted image]

Up to 5 people in last 12 hours, PM me to still get on the list.

I will close the order at 10 people.

Thx

#386 4 years ago

Has anyone seen this error message come up? So far I’ve just tried switching software versions back and forth, but that only gets rid of the message temporarily. Hitting cancel gets rid of it temporarily as well. Reporting the problems asks for a password. Thanks.

7CEAA729-109B-4AEC-B2AB-D3485DCE87CA (resized).jpeg7CEAA729-109B-4AEC-B2AB-D3485DCE87CA (resized).jpeg
#387 4 years ago

Looks like an ubuntu error and something you can do about it.

https://itsfoss.com/how-to-fix-system-program-problem-detected-ubuntu/

Quoted from DG_Amuse:

Has anyone seen this error message come up? So far I’ve just tried switching software versions back and forth, but that only gets rid of the message temporarily. Hitting cancel gets rid of it temporarily as well. Reporting the problems asks for a password. Thanks.[quoted image]

#388 4 years ago

Awesome, thank you!

#389 4 years ago

yep that's a known issue and the fix is indeed covered by the provided link.. though at one time Barry was looking into fixing it properly but can take care of it with that link

#390 4 years ago

All - for those that do not know, the main power supply (see in picture below) feeding the game (not the PC) is identical model number to Stern’s Spike system supply. No need for a backup on this one!

Also I am working with Multimorphic on a “TBL package of their 4 boards”. You will be able to order a TBL replacement set of boards. As one would have guessed it, they moved past version 1.0 and some are not backward compatible in their current form. So they and I are working through this to make them compatible. Stay tuned!

That leaves a couple miscellaneous small boards PLUS the 2 main boards (which sound like ARA manufactured them) to figure out a support strategy on.

10FE625A-5756-4288-BB9F-2AE897B6731F (resized).jpeg10FE625A-5756-4288-BB9F-2AE897B6731F (resized).jpeg
#391 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Up to 5 people in last 12 hours, PM me to still get on the list.
I will close the order at 10 people.
Thx

Couple spots open yet - let me know soon. I will be placing order in next day or 2.
Thx

#392 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Couple spots open yet - let me know soon. I will be placing order in next day or 2.
Thx

While the game is still new (ish) I applaud the effort and research you have put into safeguarding the future for others on this. Rather awesome thanks.

#393 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

While the game is still new (ish) I applaud the effort and research you have put into safeguarding the future for others on this. Rather awesome thanks.

Thanks.

Creating a duplicate PC setup that I will post in the future - probably month away. I know few other Pinsiders are working on similar solution.

After this, I need to get a few TBL mods from you!!

#394 4 years ago

Thanks for this! Feels silly to kill the crash reporting app but this is exactly the issue we were running into. In our case, it turns out the gnome keyring daemon crashed yesterday. Nothing that affects gameplay, but ubuntu did its job and let the user - in this case the player - know by way of blocking a good chunk of the display that there was a crash log to investigate.

The article above suggests disabling the reporting app "Apport" all together and since we made that change the game has been running with no further issues. (This pop up was repeatable and would come back every 5 minutes).

We also took the opportunity to grab a full disk image of the SSD as a backup and poked around in the ubuntu install. Fairly default build and as such I would be leery of connecting this machine to wifi since the passwords are all over the internet.

IMG_7302 (resized).jpegIMG_7302 (resized).jpeg
#395 4 years ago
Quoted from jonahk:

Thanks for this! Feels silly to kill the crash reporting app but this is exactly the issue we were running into. In our case, it turns out the gnome keyring daemon crashed yesterday. Nothing that affects gameplay, but ubuntu did its job and let the user - in this case the player - know by way of blocking a good chunk of the display that there was a crash log to investigate.
The article above suggests disabling the reporting app "Apport" all together and since we made that change the game has been running with no further issues. (This pop up was repeatable and would come back every 5 minutes).
We also took the opportunity to grab a full disk image of the SSD as a backup and poked around in the ubuntu install. Fairly default build and as such I would be leery of connecting this machine to wifi since the passwords are all over the internet.[quoted image]

Definitely make sure ubuntu auto-updates are off before connecting it to the internet. I would imagine that some updates might break functionality depending on how DP built this.

#396 4 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

Definitely make sure ubuntu auto-updates are off before connecting it to the internet. I would imagine that some updates might break functionality depending on how DP built this.

Would a safe bet be to just take out the usb Wi-Fi dongle?

#397 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Thx

I can get 3 more of these TBL audio cards NOW.

Let me know soon.
Thx

EDIT - 2 spots left....

#398 4 years ago

Join us for a night on Dutch Pinball's 'The Big Lebowski' Pinball. This game has an infamous history and it was such a treat to spend some time on it. I really hope more get put into production one day.

#399 4 years ago
Quoted from Owlnonymous:

Join us for a night on Dutch Pinball's 'The Big Lebowski' Pinball. This game has an infamous history and it was such a treat to spend some time on it. I really hope more get put into production one day.

Nice "Owling" ball!

#400 4 years ago

Can someone tell me where the TBL laseriffic topper plugs into?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 22.50
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 210.00
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 7,303 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 147.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/8?hl=highwaystarr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.