flipper position (1) (resized).jpeg
flipper position (2) (resized).jpeg
flipper position (3) (resized).jpeg
IMG_6626 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_archive_792_848601.jpg
Pinside_forum_7890198_0.jpg
Pinside_archive_876_2670498.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,286 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 146.
#4351 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Yup. Just contact Barry @ [email protected] and let him know about your wishes. Than it should be OK.

Super - will do!! Thanks again!!

#4352 1 year ago
Quoted from CALencio:

Sorry for the silly question but as this is my first machine, I don’t know what I’m getting into if I buy those blades(which are the ones I want). Are blade art stickers? Or do they just sit in and hang off the wood box? If they are stickers, is it hard to install these? It looks difficult getting around all the brackets and such.
What kinds of an install in terms of time and effort to “get it right” is this. I’m a perfectionist when it comes to this stuff so it takes me awhile when I’m doing something for myself.

No worries. They are basically stickers that line the walls of your pinball and look incredible.
I’ve done enough now where I do it myself by hand. They are nice to work with, meaning you can stick and un-stick a few times if needed. For TBL, you’ve got the back box hinge bolt towards the back on each side, so start with that spot (hole) and work forward. Just how I prefer to install them.
Good Luck and Enjoy!

#4353 1 year ago
Quoted from Jokerman:

Thanks Rensh for the rapid fire response. Ordered new and direct from DP as based in UK. Can it be installed ex-factory?

Worth the $$$. Makes it pop. I installed myself

#4354 1 year ago

Just wanted to give credit where it’s due, BigLebowski’s topper is bad ass. Love how you can customize it to how you want. I’m going to add either a Kaluha and Stoli bottle on the left, or the c4 1:18 vette, or the anniversary bowling bag. Not sure yet. Definitely worth the wait.

858BE7D3-9FE8-4754-B036-508D830AE8C0 (resized).jpeg858BE7D3-9FE8-4754-B036-508D830AE8C0 (resized).jpeg
#4355 1 year ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

Just wanted to give credit where it’s due, BigLebowski’s topper is bad ass. Love how you can customize it to how you want. I’m going to add either a Kaluha and Stoli bottle on the left, or the c4 1:18 vette, or the anniversary bowling bag. Not sure yet. Definitely worth the wait. [quoted image]

Where is this topper from?

#4356 1 year ago

Just wanted to give credit where it’s due, BigLebowski’s topper is bad ass. Love how you can customize it to how you want. I’m going to add either a Kaluha and Stoli bottle on the left, or the c4 1:18 vette, or the anniversary bowling bag. Not sure yet. Definitely worth the wait. [quoted image]

Wow you have tall ceilings! Topper looks great.

#4357 1 year ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Quoted from thekaiser82:

Wow you have tall ceilings! Topper looks great.

Loft setting. Slopes from 14-12’

#4358 1 year ago

TBL sitting next to RNM.

I like your style dude!

#4359 1 year ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

TBL sitting next to RNM.
I like your style dude!

Thanks! Under black light no less.

#4360 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

So did some quick and dirty gameplay video. Not the best of game, sorry, but gives you guys an idea at least

And spoiler alert, link below shows Dude abides !!

Hello All,

Like in the second video, is it possible to launch The Dude abides at the start ?

Thanks Dude

#4361 1 year ago
Quoted from Dav_59_fr:

Hello All,
Like in the second video, is it possible to launch The Dude abides at the start ?
Thanks Dude

Currently In factory mode only but programmer is working on this to make it a separate, likely one ball, side game. So, than it can be started from the start.

#4362 1 year ago

Supply fan very noisy

Someone has already changed this fan in this supply ?

(Exactely the same model like Stern supply?)

Thx for your support

#4363 1 year ago
Quoted from Dav_59_fr:

Supply fan very noisy
Someone has already changed this fan in this supply ?
(Exactely the same model like Stern supply?)
Thx for your support

It should be an RSP-500-48 if it's like the other Lebowskis I've seen. The Stern quiet fan kit will work in that, too. Ministry of Pinball had them, but they are out right now (you could check to see when they will get more):

https://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/spike%20plug%20n%20play%20quiet%20fan%20kit%20(500w%20power%20supply).html

I also have them in the pinmonk store here on pinside and on pinmonk.com in the Big Lebowski section:
https://pinmonk.com/collections/big-lebowski
Lebowski backbox-ps (resized).jpgLebowski backbox-ps (resized).jpg

#4364 1 year ago

Oh man, had six strikes to start my bowling scorecard (no free strikes from a mystery award). Man I wish I could have finished ten frames.
What’s everyone’s high bowling score on code 1.0?

#4365 1 year ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

from me

Still have material for a few more. If anyone is interested send me a PM.

#4366 1 year ago
Quoted from BigLebowski:

from me

Yup. Well worth the wait.

It really, uh, ties the room together, man.

#4367 1 year ago
Quoted from BigLebowski:

from me

PM sent

#4368 1 year ago

Oh man, had six strikes to start my bowling scorecard (no free strikes from a mystery award). Man I wish I could have finished ten frames.

Half of that, I think

#4369 1 year ago

Made another playlist at the request of another user. Happy to distribute to others. PM for details. This playlist sticks more to the TBL theme:

==========
Hotel California
==========

1. Hotel California (Gipsy kings version)
2. Green River
3. Bad Moon Rising
4. Sympathy for the Devil
5. Baba O' Riley
6. Evil Ways (Santana)

=========
Oye Como Va
=========

1. Man in Me
2. Oye Como Va
3. Captain Beefheart and the Magic Band's “Her Eyes Are a Blue Million Miles
4. Gimme Shelter
5. Ring of Fire
6. Sultans of Swing

===============
Run through the Jungle
===============

1. Run through the Jungle
2. Proud Mary
3. Paint it Black
4. Born on the bayou
5. Miss you (Rolling Stones)
6. Hurricane

#4370 1 year ago

If it’s worth doing it’s worth overdoing

200D9DF8-772E-42D9-B734-4621290E360E (resized).jpeg200D9DF8-772E-42D9-B734-4621290E360E (resized).jpeg
#4371 1 year ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

If it’s worth doing it’s worth overdoing [quoted image]

Nice job. Love the smiling balls! (or is it just a lucky lamp reflection?)

#4372 1 year ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Merci d'avoir soulevé cette question. (Un problème que je n'avais pas réalisé, mais maintenant je me souviens en quelque sorte des STDM injustes). La protection des balles est également importante.
Une autre question que j'avais - quelqu'un d'autre qui reçoit une boule d'air importante en frappant la "lampe de tapis" ? J'ai remarqué que cela semblait être après avoir heurté le poteau circulaire blanc.
J'ai essayé de serrer la vis "Rug Lamp", ce qui a aidé, mais j'ai quand même pris des coups. Et la balle a été attrapée au moins une fois ici, nécessitant le retrait du verre.
La lumière a également été complètement inversée dans la mauvaise direction à un moment donné[quoted image][quoted image]

Exactely the same issus in my side

A lot of airball from this post

Someone found a solution about it ?

I also have a lot of airball from the left ramp, do you have the same thing ?

Regards

David

#4373 1 year ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

If it’s worth doing it’s worth overdoing [quoted image]

How do you nudge without all that stuff falling?

#4374 1 year ago
Quoted from Joost996me:

Nice job. Love the smiling balls! (or is it just a lucky lamp reflection?)

Happy (but expected) effect. I saw something similar with my TZ topper with a big glass dome. The pleasant surprise was how well it worked with the finger holes (even the civilians in the house saw that right away)

Quoted from zaphX:

How do you nudge without all that stuff falling?

Everything is screwed/taped/glued down (depending on weight) to a piece of black shelving, and the shelving screwed to the backbox top to secure.

Had to drill a large hole in the bottom of the Kahlua bottle (that was scary, but youtube is your friend) and use a toggle bolt to secure it from below. Worked like a charm. Only other notable trick was using 4" deck screws to secure the bowling pins from below. Rest of the stuff is pretty light and easy to secure.

#4375 1 year ago
Quoted from Dav_59_fr:

Exactely the same issus in my side
A lot of airball from this post
Someone found a solution about it ?
I also have a lot of airball from the left ramp, do you have the same thing ?
Regards
David

I have changed some value in the coils setting

Flipper left = 26ms
flipper right = 25ms
Upper flipper = 16ms

The result is better, less agressive

#4376 1 year ago

Just received back from the DTPr the new release of the TBL rel 1.00 Operational manual I made

This Lo-res version and also Hi-res version will soon be downloadable from DP website but here you have the lo-res version already for those who cant wait.

Happy reading

Operations_Manual_TBL_release 1.00_V2.pdfOperations_Manual_TBL_release 1.00_V2.pdf
#4377 1 year ago

I think I found a minor bug last night - I grand champed the machine and it told me I got high score #1.

#4378 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Just received back from the DTPr the new release of the TBL rel 1.00 Operational manual I made
This Lo-res version and also Hi-res version will soon be downloadable from DP website but here you have the lo-res version already for those who cant wait.
Happy reading
[quoted image]

Really a premium effort, but are you going to add assembly breakdowns with part numbers, etc? It's really all you're missing from the quick perusal I did.

What you have now is already MILES ahead of anything Spooky has ever done to support their machines, which is crazy considering how many they've released.

#4379 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Really a premium effort, but are you going to add assembly breakdowns with part numbers, etc? It's really all you're missing from the quick perusal I did.
What you have now is already MILES ahead of anything Spooky has ever done to support their machines, which is crazy considering how many they've released.

Totally agree. Well polished. Start adding in drawings and assembly breakdowns and you begin approaching Butch Peele level attention to detail, which in my opinion is the gold standard.

#4380 1 year ago

Slow support this weekend, sorry. Busy at DPO EXPO.

TBL Made it to national tv !!

199AC8E0-CD57-4678-A17D-559E4DB031F1 (resized).jpeg199AC8E0-CD57-4678-A17D-559E4DB031F1 (resized).jpeg3FAAF1E6-D8FE-4F54-83B1-89D391DD09CD (resized).jpeg3FAAF1E6-D8FE-4F54-83B1-89D391DD09CD (resized).jpeg644406F9-7318-4C62-A07C-DEA401ABE84D (resized).jpeg644406F9-7318-4C62-A07C-DEA401ABE84D (resized).jpegAD122B49-5D66-4656-95B8-1C3F97680273 (resized).jpegAD122B49-5D66-4656-95B8-1C3F97680273 (resized).jpegE16A1A8E-6D51-491A-BF9F-34443AD97984 (resized).jpegE16A1A8E-6D51-491A-BF9F-34443AD97984 (resized).jpegFD3EFBC3-448A-4E36-AF70-4EA9B0D2716E (resized).jpegFD3EFBC3-448A-4E36-AF70-4EA9B0D2716E (resized).jpeg
#4381 1 year ago

A real Lebowski fan here.

32B0D85D-2597-466B-ACE1-4F96F255A745 (resized).jpeg32B0D85D-2597-466B-ACE1-4F96F255A745 (resized).jpegA6E8ADEA-25E6-45FB-8F01-E13949CD90C0 (resized).jpegA6E8ADEA-25E6-45FB-8F01-E13949CD90C0 (resized).jpegD1C1209F-297C-4AEC-A1BD-A9384CEA9F0C (resized).jpegD1C1209F-297C-4AEC-A1BD-A9384CEA9F0C (resized).jpeg
#4382 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Topper item!

#4383 1 year ago

Obviously, you’re not a golfer.

#4384 1 year ago

Hey fellow duderino's...hope you're weekend if going well - and a happy veteran's day to those of your that have served...

I had a flipper issue, I thought i fixed, but it came back.

The flipper on the the MPF - (upper playfield) - stopped working. It seems this little nugget fell out. I had attempted to 'adjust it' a bit with a tool to widen it, and force it back into the gear/joint with some pliers. It played a few more games well/fine.

But today, it fell out again.

Can anyone tell me what this thing is, how best to repair / replace? I'm thinking of attempting another adjustment and click it into place again, but have a feeling it will fall out again.

Any information appreciated.

Thank you,

mini (resized).jpgmini (resized).jpg
#4385 1 year ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Hey fellow duderino's...hope you're weekend if going well - and a happy veteran's day to those of your that have served...
I had a flipper issue, I thought i fixed, but it came back.
The flipper on the the MPF - (upper playfield) - stopped working. It seems this little nugget fell out. I had attempted to 'adjust it' a bit with a tool to widen it, and force it back into the gear/joint with some pliers. It played a few more games well/fine.
But today, it fell out again.
Can anyone tell me what this thing is, how best to repair / replace? I'm thinking of attempting another adjustment and click it into place again, but have a feeling it will fall out again.
Any information appreciated.
Thank you,[quoted image]

It's just a springloaded piece (roll pin) that holds the linkage onto the coil plunger. It shouldn't come out. Since it's springloaded I don't think manually making it wider then jamming it into place will last long (as you discovered).

You can probably limp along by jamming it back in and wrapping it with electrical tape temporarily (LTG recommended it, seems to work temporarily), but if you haven't got another piece like that I'd just get a new plunger and link and swap it out. $3.95 at Pinball Life, or hit up a buddy that might have one in their pinball junk/spare parts pin.

https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-plunger-and-link-new-style.html

#4386 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's just a springloaded piece (roll pin) that holds the linkage onto the coil plunger. It shouldn't come out. Since it's springloaded I don't think manually making it wider then jamming it into place will last long (as you discovered).
You can probably limp along by jamming it back in and wrapping it with electrical tape temporarily (LTG recommended it, seems to work temporarily), but if you haven't got another piece like that I'd just get a new plunger and link and swap it out. $3.95 at Pinball Life, or hit up a buddy that might have one in their pinball junk/spare parts pin.
https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-plunger-and-link-new-style.html

Hi thanks - so just that part that you linked? It looks like I would need to disassemble the plunger significantly to add this part. I'm ready to do that, but want to make sure i'm considering all needed parts.

Thanks!

#4387 1 year ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Hi thanks - so just that part that you linked? It looks like I would need to disassemble the plunger significantly to add this part. I'm ready to do that, but want to make sure i'm considering all needed parts.
Thanks!

It's good practice as you'll need to rebuild flippers over time anyway.

#4388 1 year ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Thanks!

That's everything you need that I linked. One assembly of a plunger and link with the roll pin already installed.

It's a dead simple job. Take off the coil stop, slide the coil back to remove the plunger. Unscrew the other end of the link (a nut and a screw). Attach new plunger and link assembly with nut and screw from before. Slide plunger back into coil. Move coil up and re-attach coil stop. Grab a necklace chain and put the old plunger link on it, then wear that plunger link on a chain around your neck as a trophy to prove you now have pinball repair skills.

15 minute job if you don't know what you're doing. 5-10 minute job once you've done it once.

plunger-link-necklace (resized).jpgplunger-link-necklace (resized).jpg
#4389 1 year ago

Something new in v1.0: that caught my attention:

A Bunny clip that popped up unexpectedly: "I'll suck your cock for a thousand dollars."

Oh my!

LOVIN' v1.0!

#4390 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It's good practice as you'll need to rebuild flippers over time anyway.

yeah absolutely...ok thanks PinMonk for the pinball 101 tip. i've got two other machines , never run into this, although they have decided to all act up this weekend with different issues.

I'll get a few of these for future use, and maybe a necklace..hah.

cheers!

#4391 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Is the dude on the toilet figure available to buy somewhere? Or was that some private collector's custom job?

#4392 1 year ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Is the dude on the toilet figure available to buy somewhere? Or was that some private collector's custom job?

It was a custom job for the Dutch Pinball Museum involving modeling, 3D printing and paint job, all done by one guy. Amazing, and the scale makes it even more impressive.

#4393 1 year ago
Quoted from timlah79:

If you want to make it, Go to this link :

https://cults3d.com/fr/modèle-3d/art/the-dude-toilet-the-big-lebowski

#4394 1 year ago

Cool! Then it wasn't custom modeling for the museum, my bad!

#4395 1 year ago

Downloaded last night. Will see how it prints.
They also have a couple of other models too.

#4396 1 year ago

I think I have a 187-ish. I don't often go for the 10 frames but I had a good game once.

I'm wondering why the code doesn't allow all unfinished games to end with all gutters. What if I had a game with 9 strikes and then I drained? In real bowling, if I started with 9 frames and couldn't finish for any reason, that game would end with a score of 240.

Why is my high score of 187 better than an unfinished game of 240? Shouldn't be that way imo. It'd be cool if a future update could fix that. Perhaps a small ask, but I think it's important to reflect the rules of the USBC.

#4397 1 year ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:I think it's important to reflect the rules of the USBC.

Mark it zero!

#4398 1 year ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

I think it's important to reflect the rules of the USBC.

This is not Nam, Smokey. There are rules.

#4399 1 year ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Quoted from cpr9999:

I m in a hurry to see that. Congratulations for your mods, i will pm you soon.

#4400 1 year ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

What if I had a game with 9 strikes and then I drained? In real bowling, if I started with 9 frames and couldn't finish for any reason, that game would end with a score of 240.

That's a good suggestion, I will make it so.

2022-11-14 14_09_36-walter I did not know that - Google Zoeken (resized).jpg2022-11-14 14_09_36-walter I did not know that - Google Zoeken (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 210.00
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 22.50
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,286 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/88 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.