IMG_5894 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5893 (resized).jpeg
735513270 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 1 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,307 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 147.
#4301 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Haha thanks. As a self declared JJP fanboy, I respect the fact you can call still call balls and strikes when a piss poor effort like Toy Story 4 comes out.

I wanted to like it, but the more I played on location while waiting for my CE, the more I realized we'd be done with the game in 2 months tops. Coupled with the plummeting resale it was an easy decision to bow out. Cost me $2K but lesson learned.

I'm absolutely not buying at these prices unless the games bring high long term value (see: Wonka.)

Quoted from delt31:

Interested to get your review of the game and are you streaming?

I posted my review on Pinside today - I actually gave it perfect marks in every category but layout, where I only dinged it one point.
It is the highest review I've ever given a pin.

As for strims, I did one so far and will do more - I need to figure out tapping direct audio.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1639056860

Quoted from delt31:

Custom music to make this sound like it was originally intended is a must imo.

Yeah, well, ya know...that's just like...your opinion, man.

#4302 1 year ago

I have the Tilt ones that Cwiehler posted the link for. I see why some would prefer the blue or mirrors but to my eye, these look the best.

#4303 1 year ago
Quoted from mac2444:

I have the Tilt ones that Cwiehler posted the link for. I see why some would prefer the blue or mirrors but to my eye, these look the best.

I won my set of blue art blades as a prize from the former Pinball Podcast (w/ Don & Jeff), years before my TBL finally arrived, and have been happy with them. I have to admit though that now that I'm aware of the black version, I kind of like them better! I only need one though - for the right side of my game.

If anyone wants to split a set and take the left side blade, hit me up with a PM!

#4304 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Well I found a Lebowski and excited to have it in a couple of weeks. I need to buy all of the cool mods (bowling balls on the left, the bowling alley sign on the top pf, etc). Hopefully they are still available.
Question now is mirrors or side art…..

Side art for sure

#4305 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Well I found a Lebowski and excited to have it in a couple of weeks. I need to buy all of the cool mods (bowling balls on the left, the bowling alley sign on the top pf, etc). Hopefully they are still available.
Question now is mirrors or side art…..

Maybe I was just unlucky, but I got the M0d C0uple bowling balls and they look nothing like the promotional photos. They look like some cheap toy bought off AliExpress and resold for profit. I would save your money on that one.

#4306 1 year ago
Quoted from benime:

Maybe I was just unlucky, but I got the M0d C0uple bowling balls and they look nothing like the promotional photos.

I bought them as well and agree that they look cheap and the logo is terrible on it. Surprised that they would sell something that looks that bad!

#4307 1 year ago

Yep going black side art.

For those with the lit apron, do you think it's really worth it? For 600, it's expensive and it just seems to be lights under the art. Not saying it's not cool but curious how it looks in person vs stock and if it's really worth it. Any thoughts?

#4308 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

For those with the lit apron, do you think it's really worth it? For 600, it's expensive and it just seems to be lights under the art. Not saying it's not cool but curious how it looks in person vs stock and if it's really worth it. Any thoughts?

In a world were toppers cost usd 2000 it’s definitely worth it I think. It’s neatly tied into the lightning and gives it an extra kick.

But, gameplay doesn’t change ofcourse so as with many things, it’s subjective if you find it worth the money or not.

#4309 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Absolutely, without question. It really adds to the game and is visually appealing. Wouldn't think twice about this upgrade...

#4310 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

I’ve seen it in person - it’s gorgeous and worth it. I’ve ordered one.

#4311 1 year ago

^^ Echo what they said. Worth it. This and switching out the music with the originals were an absolute must for me.

#4312 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I’ve seen it in person - it’s gorgeous and worth it. I’ve ordered one.

I get to see it every day so... HAHAHA... KIDDING of course... LOL

#4313 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

In a world were toppers cost usd 2000 it’s definitely worth it I think. It’s neatly tied into the lightning and gives it an extra kick.
But, gameplay doesn’t change ofcourse so as with many things, it’s subjective if you find it worth the money or not.

I know - sometimes I forget I’m in pinball and question the sanity of why an apron that is just lit is worth more than a ps5! Haha

Seems to be an overwhelming yes. Thanks guys. I guess there goes another 600!

#4314 1 year ago
Quoted from benime:

Maybe I was just unlucky, but I got the M0d C0uple bowling balls and they look nothing like the promotional photos. They look like some cheap toy bought off AliExpress and resold for profit. I would save your money on that one.

Agreed. When it said clear coated I expected the stickers to be decals under the clear. Nope.

#4315 1 year ago

Does anyone know how to capture direct audio from TBL?

I tried both pink and green audio jacks on the motherboard, and also looked for audio on the HDMI out via Camlink (which worked for Rick and Morty.)

#4316 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I tried both pink and green audio jacks on the motherboard, and also looked for audio on the HDMI out via Camlink (which worked for Rick and Morty.)

Speaker level connections?

#4317 1 year ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

Speaker level connections?

Say more?

#4318 1 year ago

I assume he means direct capture from the speaker terminals.

TBL has a separate audio board which is why you will not find audio at the Pc.

#4319 1 year ago

I don't see any line out on the custom sound board.

big_lebowski_sound_board (resized).jpgbig_lebowski_sound_board (resized).jpg
#4320 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I don't see any line out on the custom sound board.
[quoted image]

Why should there be an "line out".
I think this is/was never planned on a pinball machine.

If you want to grab the sound you might connect a recording device to the speakeroutput.
A external subwoofer is easily plugged to the bass in the cabinett.

#4321 1 year ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Stern Spike pinball machines have line out connectors on their CPU board. JJP machines use line out from the PC board. It's more unusual for a modern pin NOT to have it than to have it. It gives end users more options if they want better audio after the fact.

#4322 1 year ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Anyone else having this issue with the new code. I can't figure out if a certain event is triggering it. It has happened to me 4 times now and I don't play a lot of games on this pin. The flippers go dead for about 5 seconds and the ball drains, but the game doesn't act like the ball has drained. Flippers reactivate and the game starts a ball search and just continues ball searches until I turn the game off and restart it. I haven't seen this brought up before and was wondering if anyone else has seen this or just me.
Thanks

Had this happen to me (I don't own the game, only the carpet) and it was during one particular mode. It was the one where The Dude is searching the car and shows him at the impound lot looking in the car windows and there is a progress bar on the screen. I think in this mode you have to shoot the ball to the upper playfield and hit the car. When you do hit it, the flipper up there turns off and you have to hit it back up there again. IIRC the only issue of significance that happened prior to that was one time I shot the ball into the pop-up shot (not the ramp) and the ball got stuck there until a ballsearch got it up after a couple of tries. That issue was before that mode was started.

#4323 1 year ago
Quoted from TomDK:

If you want to grab the sound you might connect a recording device to the speakeroutput.
A external subwoofer is easily plugged to the bass in the cabinett.

Lots of pins have it, and streamers use it to provide higher quality game audio.

Hell WOZ even had a line out on the back of the cabinet.

#4324 1 year ago

Hey KoenHeltzel First off, thank you for the absolutely incredible job with 1.0. This has to be the biggest and best code update to a game in history. Truly game changing and as an early backer of TBL it is amazing to see the code reach the same level as the table itself. So from all of us TBL owners, thank you!!

Quick question for you:
Is there any benefit to waiting to start all 5 characters at once other than just having as many balls, and shots, in play as possible? For the first time ever I was able to delay the start of character multiball until I had all 5 characters lit at once, as well as all 5 bowling balls, and it was a huge achievement for me as a mediocre pinball player but there didn't seem to be any actual reward for that accomplishment and it kinda felt like a big let down. Was there some bonus, benefit, or reward that I missed?

And if I can humbly make one feature request for the game, I'd love it if the game had different music for each of the different rug and car modes. If you play the game a lot at home, all the modes can all start to feel the same as they all have the same music. The code itself for the different modes is great at 1.0 but the atmosphere in playing those modes I think could be greatly improved by having different music for each mode to make them feel different not just play different.

Thank you so much again for all of your incredible work! You and Rensh are legends!

#4325 1 year ago
Quoted from Auror:

Hey KoenHeltzel First off, thank you
And if I can humbly make one feature request for the game,!

To report software bugs and feature requests for our games, please use our issue tracker:
issues.dutchpinball.com

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4326 1 year ago

Anyone here order theirs from nitro? If so, what was the timeframe from date of order, to date of delivery…..
Thanks

#4327 1 year ago

Nitro is only if you are in Canada. About 9 months is what I’ve heard. Cointaker is usa orders.

#4328 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Nitro is only if you are in Canada. About 9 months is what I’ve heard. Cointaker is usa orders.

I ordered a GZ premium and received it from nitro already. They operate Canada, Washington and Oregon “Pacific Northwest”. I’m in Hawaii, so guess we can add that too.
So you herd about 9 months coming from nitro….

#4329 1 year ago

The website stated 3-6months, give or take?

#4330 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

I assume he means direct capture from the speaker terminals.
TBL has a separate audio board which is why you will not find audio at the Pc.

Yup. If it’s critical, you can get a line output converter to switch the high level speaker output to low level RCA.

#4332 1 year ago

Or, or, hear me out here - they could just add the audio to the HDMI output in software.

That would honestly be my preference.

#4333 1 year ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

I ordered a GZ premium and received it from nitro already. They operate Canada, Washington and Oregon “Pacific Northwest”. I’m in Hawaii, so guess we can add that too.
So you herd about 9 months coming from nitro….

Curious when you ordered GZ premium?

#4334 1 year ago
Quoted from Auror:

Hey KoenHeltzel First off ... thank you!!
Quick question for you: Is there any benefit to waiting to start all 5 characters at once other than just having as many balls, and shots, in play as possible? ...

Seconded - thank you Koen for your talented TBL codework!

And ... thank you #Auror for posting a code strategy related question.

#4335 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Or, or, hear me out here - they could just add the audio to the HDMI output in software.
That would honestly be my preference.

You could see if they're just sending audio over USB by putting a USB to RCA jack adapter on that USB lead going into the sound board. If that's what they're doing, that would give you R/L line out, and if it's a passthrough adapter, you'd still have a USB out to plug into the sound board.

#4336 1 year ago
Quoted from RumRunner9:

Curious when you ordered GZ premium?

Order in February. Got it in June.

#4337 1 year ago

Sorry, my post made it seem like I got it immediately! It was quicker than most though…

#4338 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Assuming by "capture" you're trying to output the game's audio to an external system? If so...
Buy this: https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/collections/all-other-systems-subwoofer-kits/products/pinsub-multi-system-stereo
Then read this if you want to see how I have things set up: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-i-set-up-the-perfect-audio-experience-for-my-small-gameroom

#4339 1 year ago
Quoted from Auror:

Hey KoenHeltzel First off, thank you for the absolutely incredible job with 1.0. This has to be the biggest and best code update to a game in history. Truly game changing and as an early backer of TBL it is amazing to see the code reach the same level as the table itself. So from all of us TBL owners, thank you!!
Quick question for you:
Is there any benefit to waiting to start all 5 characters at once other than just having as many balls, and shots, in play as possible? For the first time ever I was able to delay the start of character multiball until I had all 5 characters lit at once, as well as all 5 bowling balls, and it was a huge achievement for me as a mediocre pinball player but there didn't seem to be any actual reward for that accomplishment and it kinda felt like a big let down. Was there some bonus, benefit, or reward that I missed?
And if I can humbly make one feature request for the game, I'd love it if the game had different music for each of the different rug and car modes. If you play the game a lot at home, all the modes can all start to feel the same as they all have the same music. The code itself for the different modes is great at 1.0 but the atmosphere in playing those modes I think could be greatly improved by having different music for each mode to make them feel different not just play different.
Thank you so much again for all of your incredible work! You and Rensh are legends!

Hi Auror,
Thanks for the kind words!
There certainly is a strategic advantage to starting Character Multiball with as many characters as possible.
Because the characters you start the mode with multiply each others' jackpots. So take 3 characters into the multiball? All those particular character jackpots will be worth at least 3X (plus any other active multiplier, like bowling ball, white russian or upper playfield). When you then add the 2 remaining main characters to the multiball, those jackpots won't be multiplied by the other main characters..

As for the music, every rug mode actually already does have its own music. Except for the 2nd (Ransom Note), which I only discovered last week. Car modes are only briefly on screen and stack with rug modes and therefore dont have their own music.

- Koen

Added 17 months ago:

Correction, the Rug Mode 2 (Ransom Note) music is also unique and not used elsewhere in the game.

#4340 1 year ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Assuming by "capture" you're trying to output the game's audio to an external system? If so...
Buy this: https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/collections/all-other-systems-subwoofer-kits/products/pinsub-multi-system-stereo
Then read this if you want to see how I have things set up: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-i-set-up-the-perfect-audio-experience-for-my-small-gameroom

Thanks! That speaker-to-line adapter looks exactly like what I need!

#4341 1 year ago

Greetings Dudes!
Sorry to write a novel here, but wanted to share my experiences with TBL, as I have owned the pin for just over 2 months and have played it almost non-stop.
First off, I think the pin is a true masterpiece. I’ve been lucky enough to own most every pin up and down the top 100 list and this is by far my favorite. I’ll be rating it soon. Never want to rank a game too early.
Aside from that, being able to email tech support, Rens, and get an answer almost immediately is truly incredible.
Tech notes and suggestions:
Broke a bowling pin very early own. Previous owner had extra pins and I found replacing the broken one to be a simple process. While fixing the broken pin, I also added the “spacers” to the pins. No broken pins since. Follow the manual but all you’ll need are left over pinball rings that we all have laying around.
Removing the metal bracket by the VUK on the Jesus shot is a must. Follow the manual and lift the mini PF and remove. I was having way too many rejects on that shot. Now, none. Mine is number 602 and I believe they stopped putting that metal bracket in there not too long after mine was built.
I have my pitch very shallow. Maybe 6.2/6.3 range. I normally like a steeper pitch (6.6-7.0) but on this pin I like back handing the Jesus shot and the left ramp.
I spent $9 to upgrade the 9 foot connector going from the back box to under the PF. My game would freeze up (no switches would work). The tech manual (around page 68 or so) talks about this. I would highly recommend updating to the right angle connector that is listed. Haven’t had any freeze ups since.
Upgraded music is a must. I smile ear to ear playing this game while Pinball Wizard or the Gambler is playing. JYEAKLEY is the man!!
Highly recommend the black star art blades from Tilt. They look awesome installed.
Got the Laserific topper. Gutter balls. Looks awesome.
Still kicking around the lit apron. On the fence.
Other than that, absolutely loving this pin!

#4342 1 year ago

I’m getting random crackling/static from the speakers. I can reset and it will disappear for awhile. No loose connectors on the speakers. Any one else experience or have a fix for this?

#4343 1 year ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

So 5 months ago I went looking for some bowling pins to build a topper while I waited on my TBL. Little did I know there was a global supply chain crunch on bowling pins(!)
Today, they finally arrived!
For those that PM'ed a couple months ago with interest in spares (I had to buy a case), I'll be dropping a note in the next day or so in case you're still interested.[quoted image]

Finally catching up to projects this weekend. For those with interest, I have 5 spare brand new Brunswick Score King Stripes bowling pins (I have 2 set aside for you Justin). My cost was $18 each which is what I'm asking for them (plus shipping). If you'd like any for your projects, drop a PM

Just starting in on my topper. Still rough and waiting for some mounting and glass drilling hardware (and to drink all the Kahlua) but I like where this is going! I went with the three bowling pins to keep things a bit more family friendly than the traditional Gutterballs look

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4344 1 year ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

…….
Aside from that, being able to email tech support, Rens, and get an answer almost immediately is truly incredible……

Thanks for your kind words, keeps me going, thanks. I try to do my best and always a pleasure to help a fellow dude.

#4345 1 year ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

Greetings Dudes!
Sorry to write a novel here, but wanted to share my experiences with TBL, as I have owned the pin for just over 2 months and have played it almost non-stop.
First off, I think the pin is a true masterpiece. I’ve been lucky enough to own most every pin up and down the top 100 list and this is by far my favorite. I’ll be rating it soon. Never want to rank a game too early.
Aside from that, being able to email tech support, Rens, and get an answer almost immediately is truly incredible.
Tech notes and suggestions:
Broke a bowling pin very early own. Previous owner had extra pins and I found replacing the broken one to be a simple process. While fixing the broken pin, I also added the “spacers” to the pins. No broken pins since. Follow the manual but all you’ll need are left over pinball rings that we all have laying around.
Removing the metal bracket by the VUK on the Jesus shot is a must. Follow the manual and lift the mini PF and remove. I was having way too many rejects on that shot. Now, none. Mine is number 602 and I believe they stopped putting that metal bracket in there not too long after mine was built.
I have my pitch very shallow. Maybe 6.2/6.3 range. I normally like a steeper pitch (6.6-7.0) but on this pin I like back handing the Jesus shot and the left ramp.
I spent $9 to upgrade the 9 foot connector going from the back box to under the PF. My game would freeze up (no switches would work). The tech manual (around page 68 or so) talks about this. I would highly recommend updating to the right angle connector that is listed. Haven’t had any freeze ups since.
Upgraded music is a must. I smile ear to ear playing this game while Pinball Wizard or the Gambler is playing. JYEAKLEY is the man!!
Highly recommend the black star art blades from Tilt. They look awesome installed.
Got the Laserific topper. Gutter balls. Looks awesome.
Still kicking around the lit apron. On the fence.
Other than that, absolutely loving this pin!

Sorry for the silly question but as this is my first machine, I don’t know what I’m getting into if I buy those blades(which are the ones I want). Are blade art stickers? Or do they just sit in and hang off the wood box? If they are stickers, is it hard to install these? It looks difficult getting around all the brackets and such.

What kinds of an install in terms of time and effort to “get it right” is this. I’m a perfectionist when it comes to this stuff so it takes me awhile when I’m doing something for myself.

#4346 1 year ago
Quoted from CALencio:

Sorry for the silly question but as this is my first machine, I don’t know what I’m getting into if I buy those blades(which are the ones I want). Are blade art stickers? Or do they just sit in and hang off the wood box? If they are stickers, is it hard to install these? It looks difficult getting around all the brackets and such.
What kinds of an install in terms of time and effort to “get it right” is this. I’m a perfectionist when it comes to this stuff so it takes me awhile when I’m doing something for myself.

It are a kind of stickers

See

for a better understanding .

Once installed be careful when lifting the playfield. Better, use https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html

#4347 1 year ago

About to join the club and am working through my list of mods to add, but just missing details on where to buy the lit apron. Can someone please point me in that direction. Thanks!

#4348 1 year ago
Quoted from Jokerman:

About to join the club and am working through my list of mods to add, but just missing details on where to buy the lit apron. Can someone please point me in that direction. Thanks!

To be ordered at DP. Direct or via CT. If you are getting a new one which isn’t made yet you best contact Melissa at CT to get it pre installed from the factory.

#4349 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

To be ordered at DP. Direct or via CT. If you are getting a new one which isn’t made yet you best contact Melissa at CT to get it pre installed from the factory.

Thanks Rensh for the rapid fire response. Ordered new and direct from DP as based in UK. Can it be installed ex-factory?

#4350 1 year ago
Quoted from Jokerman:

Thanks Rensh for the rapid fire response. Ordered new and direct from DP as based in UK. Can it be installed ex-factory?

Yup. Just contact Barry @ [email protected] and let him know about your wishes. Than it should be OK.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 22.50
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 210.00
14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,307 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 147.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/87 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.