IMG_6626 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_archive_792_848601.jpg
Pinside_forum_7890198_0.jpg
Pinside_archive_876_2670498.jpg
IMG_0049 (resized).jpg
IMG_2632.gif
IMG_1769 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,285 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 146.
#4251 1 year ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

shoot me a pm - I got you.

And then some! Game is next level with the real tracks (and love the randomized track list on start up)

#4252 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Well as I troubleshoot further I'm starting to think it's not the flipper power but the rug sensitivity.
I read the troubleshooting guide about it and confirmed the microswitch fires reliably when the actuator is gapped and I click it with my finger; it just seems like the overall travel required is too much.
- Is this a thing that will "work in" as the mech gets usage? (Game is new)
- Would weaker springs help?
- Would lubrication help?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-lotta-ins-a-lotta-outs-tbl-maintenance-thread/

#4253 1 year ago

Had the switch go for the car. Never had a microswitch go before that was essentially new. Bummer dude. Just ordered a bunch to replace it.

#4254 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Had the switch go for the car. Never had a microswitch go before that was essentially new. Bummer dude. Just ordered a bunch to replace it.

I am also puzzled by this. Number one switchfailure by far is the carport closed switch. Not talking about adjustment, talking about failure. Think I know of like 10+ cases. Really puzzled why this is. It’s original cherry db5 switch, not a Chinese knock off after all.

#4255 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

I am also puzzled by this. Number one switchfailure by far is the carport closed switch. Not talking about adjustment, talking about failure. Think I know of like 10+ cases. Really puzzled why this is. It’s original cherry db5 switch, not a Chinese knock off after all.

Wow interesting. Good to know. It feels and sounds right when manually pressing it.

#4256 1 year ago

The new code is an awesome addition. Kudos to Dutch Pinball . . . Anyone else getting flipper fade during long games? I think is especially prevalent on the right flipper, since you are using it for bowling up top and after multiple multi balls. May need to get fans for this one. At the end of the Dude abides they got super chattery (not sure if intentional programming), almost like no hold flippers in Oz. Also it seems the bowling ball does not always release. There is no time out, but you can go into menu, release the ball in solenoid test and then continue game. Similar problem if ball gets in a scoop after Tilt.

#4257 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

If you select the MPF skillshot the strength of the shootercoil is reduced as it doesnt have to go that far.
Now, likely the shootercoil tip isn’t properly aligned versus the ball. This causes it to reduce power transferred to the ball or makes it bounce in the shooterlane. Check and align.

So I pulled the ball out of the "gutter" of the lower bowling game and now it works. While lifting the play field I accidentally disconnected my doobie mod and now everything works. I play more games in a row than ever (4) without and error so I'm just gonna leave it disconnected for now

#4258 1 year ago
Quoted from greenhoody:

So I pulled the ball out of the "gutter" of the lower bowling game and now it works. While lifting the play field I accidentally disconnected my doobie mod and now everything works. I play more games in a row than ever (4) without and error so I'm just gonna leave it disconnected for now

Not sure unplugging Doobie helps that issue; however, try plugging Doobie into Power adapter connector. This is directly wired into the computer PS.

#4259 1 year ago

Hired a Sam Elliott voiceover guy for my company’s commercial. Sounds legit. Maybe same guy Dutch used. $50 for 30 seconds about 75 words. Should get it back Monday.

#4260 1 year ago

Loving this game. Didn't see the code before 1.0, but the video clips and game play and modes are near perfection. Pretty much every iconic moment from the movie is in there, and it feels like you're in the movie as you're playing (we watched it again last night...first time seeing the movie in 15 years and it's still hilarious!)

About to dig in to some tuning/hardening of the pin. The sharp metal corners in subway and elsewhere are really standing out for me. Has there been an effort to get some aftermarket smoothed subway plastics made? That is brutal stuff on ball surfaces (which means brutal stuff going across the playfields) Adding some neoprene and mylar is a great work around, but even better to have smoothed out plastic subways. (and I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I may not be searching on the right keywords)

#4261 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:I am also puzzled by this. Number one switchfailure by far is the carport closed switch. Not talking about adjustment, talking about failure. Think I know of like 10+ cases. Really puzzled why this is. It’s original cherry db5 switch, not a Chinese knock off after all.

I was one of the 10+! Lol. Took some finesse with some bent nose pliers and patience to replace but got it done. Let me know if you get stuck and I will help out on the switch replacement

#4262 1 year ago

Could you do me a huge favor and post a link to it?

Quoted from ezatnova:

Looks like this might lead to the balls directly hitting or glazing off of the sharp angled end of the guide rail. The 3d printed piece on Etsy covers the end as well as nudges the guide out, so you don’t trash the pinballs from hitting the sharp edge.

#4263 1 year ago
Quoted from Mneubey:

I don’t have it handy but I did search Etsy for it and it came up as Unavailable/Out of stock. Might want to contact the guy and see if he can make a run, since the thing works great.

#4264 1 year ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

Loving this game. Didn't see the code before 1.0, but the video clips and game play and modes are near perfection. Pretty much every iconic moment from the movie is in there, and it feels like you're in the movie as you're playing (we watched it again last night...first time seeing the movie in 15 years and it's still hilarious!)
About to dig in to some tuning/hardening of the pin. The sharp metal corners in subway and elsewhere are really standing out for me. Has there been an effort to get some aftermarket smoothed subway plastics made? That is brutal stuff on ball surfaces (which means brutal stuff going across the playfields) Adding some neoprene and mylar is a great work around, but even better to have smoothed out plastic subways. (and I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I may not be searching on the right keywords)

Search for my post in the Lebowski thread on fixing the subway ramps right with high density thin adhesive backed rubber. Works silently now and no ball scratches.

#4265 1 year ago
Quoted from Mneubey:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1088825021/

#4266 1 year ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Search for my post in the Lebowski thread on fixing the subway ramps right with high density thin adhesive backed rubber. Works silently now and no ball scratches.

Thank you! I have some neoprene sheets on order from Amazon and will be doing something similar soon. It does feel like long term we'll want an OG-style plastic subway. Good motivation to figure out how the homebrew guys do this stuff

#4267 1 year ago

Not sure I care a lot about ball scratches from the subway, and definitely don't care about the sound.

I replace my balls every 500-1000 plays.

Things I have done though:

- The velcro fix for scoop SDTM (thanks for that!)
- Super lube on spinner
- Maxed out flippers

I am undecided on what to do about rug hits. The left flipper now nails it consistently without issue. Right flipper, hit or miss.

#4268 1 year ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

Thank you! I have some neoprene sheets on order from Amazon and will be doing something similar soon. It does feel like long term we'll want an OG-style plastic subway. Good motivation to figure out how the homebrew guys do this stuff

What thickness neoprene 1/8” okay? The 1/16” sounds too thin.

#4269 1 year ago

I wanted to have switched power in the backbox for my topper. I found a splitter on Amazon that let me tap the c13 computer power cord before it enters the main psu. It splits it to a normal plug plus a c13 computer cord that I can plug in to the computer psu that runs the game.

C14 to C13+NEMA 5-15R Y Splitter Power Plug Cord,Single C14 Male to C13+Nema 5-15R Female Splitter Adapter Cable Cord,30cm https://a.co/42EzF8k

AC41EA7A-F2BB-4D61-8E2C-C71390FBC2BA (resized).jpegAC41EA7A-F2BB-4D61-8E2C-C71390FBC2BA (resized).jpegE813DDC4-3F50-4436-81AF-483CE71E69A5 (resized).jpegE813DDC4-3F50-4436-81AF-483CE71E69A5 (resized).jpeg
#4270 1 year ago
Quoted from cconway84:

I wanted to have switched power in the backbox for my topper. I found a splitter on Amazon that let me tap the c13 computer power cord before it enters the main psu. It splits it to a normal plug plus a c13 computer cord that I can plug in to the computer psu that runs the game.
C14 to C13+NEMA 5-15R Y Splitter Power Plug Cord,Single C14 Male to C13+Nema 5-15R Female Splitter Adapter Cable Cord,30cm https://a.co/42EzF8k
[quoted image][quoted image]

That's a long way to go to get 12v (it is 12v DC for the topper, right?). The power supply is outputting 12v and 5v on the ATX leads, you can tap that and eliminate the wall wart for a much cleaner install. It looks like you already have something tapping it right now with a standardized connector, so it shouldn't be too hard.

#4271 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I am undecided on what to do about rug hits. The left flipper now nails it consistently without issue. Right flipper, hit or miss.

Precision flipper system?

#4272 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Precision flipper system?

lol

#4273 1 year ago

Here is my commercial with the Sam Elliott voice. Think it sounds very close like the pinball machine.

#4274 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Here is my commercial with the Sam Elliott voice. Think it sounds very close like the pinball machine.

It does sound very close! And now I have a greater understanding of your screen name. I also need a belt!

#4275 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

It does sound very close! And now I have a greater understanding of your screen name. I also need a belt!

Use coupon code bhb10

#4276 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Use coupon code bhb10

I had always assumed automotive/industrial belts. I was wrong. I know where my next belt is coming from!

#4277 1 year ago

I liked the commerical!

and now the pinside name makes even more sense.

#4278 1 year ago

My nihilist stand-up target is leaning quite hard to the left towards the scoop. I've adjusted it a few times, but looking for a better, more permanent solution to keep it straight. Anyone have any good ideas or techniques. I know that they sell target splints for stern titles, but those won't work on these stand-up targets. Looking for other suggestions.

#4279 1 year ago

So 5 months ago I went looking for some bowling pins to build a topper while I waited on my TBL. Little did I know there was a global supply chain crunch on bowling pins(!)

Today, they finally arrived!

For those that PM'ed a couple months ago with interest in spares (I had to buy a case), I'll be dropping a note in the next day or so in case you're still interested.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4280 1 year ago

Thought you ordered the brunswick max. Don’t make anymore?

#4281 1 year ago

Well I found a Lebowski and excited to have it in a couple of weeks. I need to buy all of the cool mods (bowling balls on the left, the bowling alley sign on the top pf, etc). Hopefully they are still available.

Question now is mirrors or side art…..

#4282 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Well I found a Lebowski and excited to have it in a couple of weeks. I need to buy all of the cool mods (bowling balls on the left, the bowling alley sign on the top pf, etc). Hopefully they are still available.

Why not one of both. Now that I tore my side art on the left, I’m doing a mirror blade on that side.

#4283 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

You're going to really enjoy it, we are!

#4284 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Thought you ordered the brunswick max. Don’t make anymore?

I gave them the option of either Score King Stripes or Max Stripes, and the Score King Stripes apparently came in first. Not sure what the wait is for the Max Stripes, but I'm happy to have the pins in hand (these were originally 2 months out, but kept getting pushed back)

https://brunswickbowling.com/bowling-centers/equipment-parts-supplies/center-environment/pins

Both have pluses/minuses, but I would have been happy with either

#4285 1 year ago

Glad you found one, I was tempted to see if we could work out something for mine, but decided I didn’t want to wait another year for a replacement…such a good pin.

Quoted from delt31:

#4286 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

I would go side art as it is a very very tight fit for mirror blades.

#4287 1 year ago

I found the following on Amazon, which looks like almost perfect size for the pins in the bowling alley:

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0B7VRSQX3

Before wading into taking the bowling alley apart to install, any feedback on how critical the outer dimension of 18mm (0.71 ") is? These rings are 0.75" so slightly thicker than what was spec'ed

#4288 1 year ago

Going with mirror blades. Assuming standard Williams fits?

Also - where is everyone getting the in and out sign from?

#4290 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Going with mirror blades. Assuming standard Williams fits? ...

Yep - go with a Bally/Williams fit.

I ended up going both mirror & art - a couple of pics if interested:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/72#post-6963173

#4291 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Yep - go with a Bally/Williams fit.
I ended up going both mirror & art - a couple of pics if interested:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/72#post-6963173

Thanks - that's helpful. I like where you put the in and out sign. How did you attach it there?

As for the side art, I like the blue but I wish the apron matched it. Does anyone have the black side art installed that can take a closer pic? The ones I've seen have been really far away. Otherwise, def mirrors for me.

#4292 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Thanks - that's helpful. I like where you put the in and out sign. How did you attach it there?
As for the side art, I like the blue but I wish the apron matched it. Does anyone have the black side art installed that can take a closer pic? The ones I've seen have been really far away. Otherwise, def mirrors for me.

No photo and I'm not home but I have the black art blades and they look great. More understated and really tie in with the apron and the rest of the art.

#4293 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

... Does anyone have the black side art installed that can take a closer pic? ...

Quoted from mac2444:

... I have the black art blades and they look great. More understated and really tie in with the apron and the rest of the art.

Are these the "black" art blades you guys are referring to?

https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/the-big-lewbowski-inner-art-pinblades-bally-williams

#4294 1 year ago

I’ve installed the 1.0 update (from .65) and once it was installed and I selected it from the menu it restarted and now I’m stuck in a boot loop.
It briefly shows the ‘loading’ text from the game and then the cycle restarts.

No menu, no game options that show and no lights on the game.

Anyone has any hints?

#4295 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Are these the "black" art blades you guys are referring to?

Here is the link to tilt graphics art blades. You have to click on the item and then choose the black color to see it with the black backgound.

https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/product-page/the-big-lebowski-stars-gameblades

#4296 1 year ago
Quoted from CWiehler:

Here is the link to tilt graphics art blades. You have to click on the item and then choose the black color to see it with the black backgound.
https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/product-page/the-big-lebowski-stars-gameblades

I kinda wish it was just the bowling stars and not the pot leaves. I don't have a problem with weed, I just think it looks bad thematically.

EDIT: Oh wait, that set IS just the bowling stars! Nice.

#4297 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I kinda wish it was just the bowling stars and not the pot leaves. I don't have a problem with weed, I just think it looks bad thematically.
EDIT: Oh wait, that set IS just the bowling stars! Nice.

Yeah I don’t like the pot leaf either. The black ones linked here don’t have it - just stars. I think I might go black side art bc it seems to really bring it all together with the apron

#4298 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yeah I don’t like the pot leaf either. The black ones linked here don’t have it - just stars. I think I might go black side art bc it seems to really bring it all together with the apron

I dig the way you do business, delt31

#4299 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

They look perfect, just be careful lifting and lowering the playfield. I tore mine on the left.

#4300 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I dig the way you do business, delt31

Haha thanks. As a self declared JJP fanboy, I respect the fact you can call still call balls and strikes when a piss poor effort like Toy Story 4 comes out. Can’t say that for many, including some of those that think they are “pinball experts” in the media that “only report the facts”. What a joke.

Interested to get your review of the game and are you streaming?

Custom music to make this sound like it was originally intended is a must imo.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 22.50
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,285 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/86?hl=spelunk71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.