FE5875DF-3A58-41A5-8AA4-CE861E460F91 (resized).jpeg
542B141D-3FA2-4C94-8BFD-71AD18D658C2 (resized).jpeg
54F6AE7F-C828-4DE5-89E8-847C051681D7 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7069 (resized).png
IMG_2193 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240315_104555_Gallery (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240314_182255_Gallery (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,138 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 143.
#4051 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Try typing dp

I was speaking to murfe88 on the phone - he tried typing “dp” but got “Invalid Login”. Also tried “DP”, “Dutch” “dutch” and “DUTCH”, all returned “Invalid Login”. He had to run an errand so I’m posting this for him.
Thanks!

#4052 1 year ago

**UPDATE** - Issue seems to have resolved...reseated PDLED0 and PDLED1 per Support suggestion...also noticed some 'clicky' not quite firm connections around these boards - re-pushed them in...seems to be playing great...I dunno - but...Shomer Shabbos!!

Ok - attempted update. It seemed to install fine, but something strange, after I updated, I was having some lighting issue on the playfield

Video 1 Example:

It seems the right hand side was flickering bad, and then went out completely

I decided to lift the playfield and see if I saw any loose connection. I didn't see any - but I reseated the primary USB connections.

It seems to be better. (Actually started up fine with all lights)..but then, when I played Walter bowling, the primary light to see the bowling lane was off (the green light was active). I don't have a video of that unfortunately but I'm wondering what may be the cause?

On this video you can see how some of the lighting is still 'out'

Video 2 Example:

I selected version .59 and had the same issue - I'm wondering if a cord got snagged when I took the heavy front cover off - or if this was just some strange coincidence - any info or suggestions to check appreciated.

I'm not sure this is a 1.0 upgrade issue, but such weird timing to have this issue, when I was playing the machine just fine prior to update

#4053 1 year ago

1.0 installed without issues. Wife headed out for vodka. The White Russians will be flowing tonight.

#4054 1 year ago

Deleted old code to make room, uploaded 1.0 without any issues. This code is killer! Very nice polish to finally finish the project. Congrats to Dutch for hanging in there and getting it done! Now let's sell some more of these so everyone is made whole!!! Great Job Guys.... Cheers! (●'◡'●)

#4055 1 year ago

FIX - I didn't realize one could delete old versions directly in the game menu by highlighting old versions!

Quoted from Bmanpin:

Mine is going in now... just had to delete a couple of the old versions to make room because it said hard drive space was limited.
[quoted image]

I can't for the life of me figure out to delete versions. I have a keyboard connected to my machine and I'm pressing alt F4 a bunch before boot up but can't make anything happen

Is it possible because I'm using a Mac keyboard? its full-size

#4056 1 year ago

The download instructions say it, but I didn't realize my computer was unzipping the file automatically, so the 1.0 didn't show up when reading the USB stick. Once I changed this it worked just fine. Now to enjoy the code and hoping this makes a really good game even better.

#4057 1 year ago
Quoted from CALencio:

Tens

I can't for the life of me figure out to delete versions. I have a keyboard connected to my machine and I'm pressing alt F4 a bunch before boot up but can't make anything happen
Is it possible because I'm using a Mac keyboard? its full-size [quoted image]

You don't need a keyboard for that actually, you can do it via the service menu:
Software Menu > Version select > { select an old version number } > Delete

#4058 1 year ago
Quoted from KoenHeltzel:

You don't need a keyboard for that actually, you can do it via the service menu:
Software Menu > Version select > { select an old version number } > Delete

Yes my mistake! thank you.I definitely tried overcomplicating the process lol

#4059 1 year ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Ok - attempted update. It seemed to install fine, but something strange, after I updated, I was having some lighting issue on the playfield
Video 1 Example:
It seems the right hand side was flickering bad, and then went out completely
I decided to lift the playfield and see if I saw any loose connection. I didn't see any - but I reseated the primary USB connections.
It seems to be better. (Actually started up fine with all lights)..but then, when I played Walter bowling, the primary light to see the bowling lane was off (the green light was active). I don't have a video of that unfortunately but I'm wondering what may be the cause?
On this video you can see how some of the lighting is still 'out'
Video 2 Example:
I selected version .59 and had the same issue - I'm wondering if a cord got snagged when I took the heavy front cover off - or if this was just some strange coincidence - any info or suggestions to check appreciated.
I'm not sure this is a 1.0 upgrade issue, but such weird timing to have this issue, when I was playing the machine just fine prior to update

Because it's now the same in 0.59 and 1.00 it's unlikely to be caused by the update, maybe something happened when opening the machine?
You can check the cable connections in the backbox.
Other than that maybe try pressing on the piggy-backed 2 PD-LED boards a bit (see image), maybe there's a bad connection.
Not my expertise but it might help, otherwise RensH will probably chime in.

2022-10-14 21_39_24-Technical_Support_TBL_FAQ_Manual.pdf (resized).png2022-10-14 21_39_24-Technical_Support_TBL_FAQ_Manual.pdf (resized).png

#4060 1 year ago

Hi Rensh,

Whenever I hit "USB Update", I get a brief flash of "Reading USB" that immediately disappears. I have tried reseating, I have tried 3 different USB drives and I have downloaded the software twice...Any ideas?

#4061 1 year ago

Is the update still in its .zip file on the USB drive (it should be) or did the browser unpack it automatically?
The .zip file should be in the root (top level) of the USB drive, with its original name "TBL-v1.00.zip". If that is all the case, maybe try formatting a USB stick in the NTFS format if you only have FAT32 formatted drives at the moment for example.
Also make sure there is not currently a 1.00 version partly installed by checking "Software Menu > Version Select" and delete it if its there (in case you were able to start the installation process but it got interrupted somehow?)

#4062 1 year ago

Good idea, I’ll try formatting the USB drive

#4063 1 year ago
Quoted from KoenHeltzel:

Is the update still in its .zip file on the USB drive (it should be) or did the browser unpack it automatically?
The .zip file should be in the root (top level) of the USB drive, with its original name "TBL-v1.00.zip". If that is all the case, maybe try formatting a USB stick in the NTFS format if you only have FAT32 formatted drives at the moment for example.
Also make sure there is not currently a 1.00 version partly installed by checking "Software Menu > Version Select" and delete it if its there (in case you were able to start the installation process but it got interrupted somehow?)

To Koen's point- I found that I had to go into my Safari settings to tell it not to automatically unzip files. Its under SAFARI->Preferences->General->uncheck "open "safe" files after downloading.

Further, before I found this setting, I would re-zip the file and it had to be named exactly as the original file download was. An incorrect title appeared not to be read by the machine.

#4064 1 year ago

Here's a super dumb question ... So when I was updating my machine, I unplugged my back glass and set it down, unfortunately I wasn't paying attention to where it was plugged into originally. I have a 6 pin connector labeled cpu, and another two pin one that is free. Can someone point me in the right direction?

#4065 1 year ago

Wow, great job on the new code Koen! I almost got to the Dude Abides on the 1st game on it, just needed rug modes. Having those new bowling perks helps.

I'm running the old OS with my custom music menu and the install went fine after I deleted most of the old versions to free up space. The original artists songs were not stepped on by the new version. I am going to migrate to the new OS which doesn't support my menu (no GUI), but I'm going to attempt to come up with an easy method for switching songs by booting to the console with a USB drive connected and running a command or two. And that would support just swapping in the original artists songs too if that's all you want to do.

I did notice one thing. I was in the middle of a car mode (car chase) and then started multiball, and when multiball ended the car mode did not re-activate. I thought it should have picked up where I left off? Unless it was stacked with the multiball and I didn't notice.

#4066 1 year ago
Quoted from Mneubey:

Here's a super dumb question ... So when I was updating my machine, I unplugged my back glass and set it down, unfortunately I wasn't paying attention to where it was plugged into originally. I have a 6 pin connector labeled cpu, and another two pin one that is free. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Been there, here is a photo of mine

IMG_3639 (resized).jpgIMG_3639 (resized).jpg
#4067 1 year ago

Thank you! Much appreciated!

Quoted from OSUBuckeye98:

Been there, here is a photo of mine
[quoted image]

#4068 1 year ago

Looks like its sorted now and it updating. Thank you KoenHeltzel and CALencio

#4069 1 year ago

Smooth download, beautiful, fitting update w some great adds...THE DUDE ABIDES!!

This game is one of the best rides in Pinball....great job and thank you!

#4070 1 year ago

Just played 2 quick games on 1.00 and I'm blown away to say the least. From new callouts + music, to new video clips, to tons of perks, to the new bowling challenges + scorecard, to Nihilist mode changes, to changing how achievements are earned, to the changes to the high score table... EVERYTHING all around is an absolutely tremendous improvement! Congrats Barry, Koen, Rens and all at DP for such an incredible job! You guys NAILED it! I can't wait to discover even more as I continue to play and progress. Just amazing... THANK YOU!!!

#4071 1 year ago

Just played a few games. Wow. Best code update of any game ever. Hands down. Turned a 9.9 game in to 10+. Easily the best game on the market. Well done guys, bloody brilliant.

#4072 1 year ago
Quoted from KoenHeltzel:

Because it's now the same in 0.59 and 1.00 it's unlikely to be caused by the update, maybe something happened when opening the machine?
You can check the cable connections in the backbox.
Other than that maybe try pressing on the piggy-backed 2 PD-LED boards a bit (see image), maybe there's a bad connection.
Not my expertise but it might help, otherwise RensH will probably chime in.
[quoted image]

Thanks KoenHeltzel - this is what Rens suggested....it seems to have done the trick...hah...I dunno - quite odd timing....

I'm about 10 games in - this is a SOLID update...Hearing Walter complain about "Shomer Shabbos"...priceless

#4073 1 year ago

Rensh or Koen, any way to easily reset high scores? I don’t want to delete profiles one by one and I don’t want to factory reset. Should be an option somewhere, right?

My scores carried over from beta 0.92 and I’d rather start clean.

Worst case, if I have the stored version of 0.52 install and then tell it to reinstall 1.0, will that do it (from the hard drive in the game, not the usb drive)?

#4074 1 year ago

Absolutely sick gentleman!! Well done!! I’m sure I’ve just scratched the surface in my 4 games but love what I’m seeing so far. The add a balll/character is genius and I never knew how necessary it was. Really opens up the game.

Would you consider the code complete now with the 1.0 (minus bug fixes, if any)? What’s next for Dutch Pinball??

#4075 1 year ago

This update is absolutely incredible... Completely new game. Super stoked... Now I just need to get my date/time right in the BIOS which I'll get to when I get to... LOL

Jeff

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4076 1 year ago

I am seriously impressed with this code update! The world under glass they nailed but with this code update I feel like we're much closer to the code matching the world under glass. Hat's off to all of you dutchpinball .

#4077 1 year ago

Phenomenal update DP team.

#4078 1 year ago

exciting to try this out.. my upgrade barfed.. maybe cause i have an antique.. (#17) Rensh - i sent some stuff to support@dutchpinball and tried to make a ticket but take a look when you get a chance.

#4079 1 year ago

Possible bug:

during matchplay today, someone started multi ball and then tilted. The game did not search for a lost ball for about two minutes, and then it finally kicked it out of the scoop.

#4080 1 year ago

dutchpinball Rensh KoenHeltzel Gentleman….Congratulations on an amazing game. This update is above and beyond anything I expected or could have hoped for. This is by far my favorite pinball machine out of a 21 pin collection and now I’m not sure I’ll play anything other then this for awhile. Quite an achievement boys. Well done!!! I would venture to say this is a masterpiece!!!

#4081 1 year ago

Take these positive 1.0 reviews and go edit your review on pinside. TBL is 13 now maybe get it in the top 7

#4082 1 year ago

This is my favorite thing in the 1.0 code:

**Walter will now complain when you select him as a bowling challenger on Shabbos (saturday). If your date/time is off you can change this in the PC's BIOS for now.

So unnecessary yet so amazing

#4083 1 year ago

And yes…Knox Harrington is incorporated into the game.

#4084 1 year ago

So awesome to hear the 1.0 upgrade is that killer. It was already an awesome game. Ordered one last April, can’t wait to get it.

#4085 1 year ago
Quoted from Flash71:

And yes…Knox Harrington is incorporated into the game.

Yep - no mistaking that psychotic sounding giggle of his!

#4086 1 year ago

This update is amazing. I'm literally in awe.

#4087 1 year ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

Fuck it...just ordered one! Hoping to get in 2023 by xmas!

Same thoughts here after a long while contemplating the purchase….”fuck it”! I’m in too!

#4088 1 year ago

I was already so happy with purchasing this machine. The fourteen month wait was so worth it and I have been having a blast with it ever since it arrived in July. But now, this thing is beyond beautiful. I’ve been rooting for Dutch Pinball since I played the first prototype at TPF in 2015. To actually have this machine in my home after all these years and all that has happened, it’s a very special feeling. It’s now everything I had hoped and expected it to be. I raise my glass to the entire team at DP. Thank you all for an amazing work of art.

#4089 1 year ago

Having a couple of issues after the upgrade. I'll post to the maintenance thread but getting major speaker feedback that goes away with a new carpet mode started and pins in bowling alley show being hit but don't lift but when they lift they show not hit.

#4090 1 year ago

Who’s got the Donny coffee light mod? How is it holding up? How was the install? Do I need to resolder anything? I can’t tell how it goes on and I don’t want a headache.

Is it tasteful in person? It looks great and the machine could use some more Donny lol

Also 1.0 rocks. Lol

#4091 1 year ago

I really hope there’s one at expo with the new code on it.

#4092 1 year ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

Same thoughts here after a long while contemplating the purchase….”fuck it”! I’m in too!

that’s awesome!

#4093 1 year ago
Quoted from Mneubey:

Lol- I did the same thing!

Btw… the backglasss weighs like 15lbs

#4094 1 year ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

that’s awesome!

The game seems to be built very well! Most folks are ecstatic about the game. It’s got a high price point, but from the research and competitor specs and pricing, it seems like a no brainer….! Game on!

#4095 1 year ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Rensh or Koen, any way to easily reset high scores? I don’t want to delete profiles one by one and I don’t want to factory reset. Should be an option somewhere, right?
My scores carried over from beta 0.92 and I’d rather start clean.
Worst case, if I have the stored version of 0.52 install and then tell it to reinstall 1.0, will that do it (from the hard drive in the game, not the usb drive)?

Select 059. Delete 092 and 100. Reinstall 100 and you are fine. When updating it takes than the data from 059

#4096 1 year ago

It was a bad game but at least here a first (poor) display impression

I will have to dust of my stream setup but it’s sjabbos today

#4097 1 year ago
Quoted from CALencio:

Who’s got the Donny coffee light mod? How is it holding up? How was the install? Do I need to resolder anything? I can’t tell how it goes on and I don’t want a headache.
Is it tasteful in person? It looks great and the machine could use some more Donny lol
Also 1.0 rocks. Lol

I do. Super fast installation, nothing really to it. It holds up very well. It gets hit with quite a few air balls so make sure you tighten the screw down when you put it in place.

#4098 1 year ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

I'm running the old OS with my custom music menu and the install went fine after I deleted most of the old versions to free up space. The original artists songs were not stepped on by the new version. I am going to migrate to the new OS which doesn't support my menu (no GUI), but I'm going to attempt to come up with an easy method for switching songs by booting to the console with a USB drive connected and running a command or two. And that would support just swapping in the original artists songs too if that's all you want to do.

I would love to see how you implement this with the new OS. I would also like to add Walking Song (Meredeth Monk) to the Maude rug mode. I think that would be the cherry on the top of this awesome game.

#4099 1 year ago

Having an issue with this install. It installed the code no problem and got me back to the screen to select the version. I selected 1.00 and the machine rebooted and is now stuck in a loop where it shows a black screen with the ubuntu desktop text in the upper left, the wifi symbol in the upper right for a second then it shows the loading screen tumbleweed graphic for a split second and then back to the black screen over and over and over.

I turned the machine off and on, took out the USB drive and still the same thing.

How do i get this out of the boot loop??

#4100 1 year ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Having an issue with this install. It installed the code no problem and got me back to the screen to select the version. I selected 1.00 and the machine rebooted and is now stuck in a loop where it shows a black screen with the ubuntu desktop text in the upper left, the wifi symbol in the upper right for a second then it shows the loading screen tumbleweed graphic for a split second and then back to the black screen over and over and over.
I turned the machine off and on, took out the USB drive and still the same thing.
How do i get this out of the boot loop??

I got the same thing. I havent tried it yet but page 237 of service manual https://www.dutchpinball.com/the_big_lebowski_pinball_support talks about a recovery procedure for this which they pointed me to so far

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC
Shooter rods
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
There are 7,138 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 143.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/82?hl=ksp1138 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.