flipper position (3) (resized).jpeg
IMG_6626 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_archive_792_848601.jpg
Pinside_forum_7890198_0.jpg
Pinside_archive_876_2670498.jpg
IMG_0049 (resized).jpg
IMG_2632.gif

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,285 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 146.
#4001 1 year ago
Quoted from cmdestin:

Hi all
300 games into TBL and plays well.
Recently the game went into ball search mode with all 5 balls in the trough. Turn it off and back on it still is in ball search mode. I can manipulate the balls in the trough and it will sometimes eject a ball into the shooting lane but will immediately go back to ball search when that ball is drained.
Test report says “Trough 6 (stuck closed)”. Is that the trough optos or a physical switch somewhere else? I can’t find schematics guide online just a manual with rules, modes, etc.
Any advice? Thanks dudes

It are opto’s. You could try to reflow the soldering, otherwise you will have to replace the trough boards.

Pls do post maintenance issues in this thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-lotta-ins-a-lotta-outs-tbl-maintenance-thread/page/30#post-7180917

#4002 1 year ago

unplug the ball through switches, and redo them.

#4003 1 year ago

Joined the club yesterday!!

Pin was nicely packed, no damage suffered during shipping.

The Stary Lit Apron I ordered was not included as I anticipated, but Melissa got back to me pretty quick to let me know that one will be sent to me once they are available, they did not want to wait on getting the games out.

Other than that, the game is beautiful and built like a tank. I’ve played a few TBLs over the years, but the flippers on this one feel a lot more solid, snappy, and responsive. Very happy about that. The chrome trim really dresses the game up. I was presently surprised by the weight and quality of the back glass. This is the first time I’ve played the game in a home environment, and the sound is awesome.

The only real issue I’ve encountered up to this point is the Maude switches. Slow moving balls in the pop bumper area get stuck up on the switches, and I need to shake the machine to free the ball loose. Seems the switch arm is set too high and catches the ball. Hoping more play breaks them in to loosen them up, otherwise I’ll need to adjust them to lower them.

The theme integration is so freaking good. I cannot imagine what v1.0 will add to make it even better on top of what it already is.

#4004 1 year ago

Rel 1.00 also introduces Trophies under player profile.

TBL already had Trophies befor all other manufacturers had it but that was in Live environment which was not functional anymore (still targeted to become available again but not in rel 1.00). Rel 1.00 brings it to TBL itself.

6A0673E6-621C-48E0-B17B-3334121A2F8F (resized).jpeg6A0673E6-621C-48E0-B17B-3334121A2F8F (resized).jpeg
#4005 1 year ago

Rens,

Any idea when we can expect 1.0 to be available. I know you previously said October but was curious if it’s mid October (very soon) or late October. Can’t wait to bring new life to this game!!

Thanks for the updates!

#4006 1 year ago

Had mine a couple weeks. Looked in the backbox today, and noticed these two yellow wires weren’t connected (bad crimps).
All 3 wires seem to go to the same place on the playfield. The machine plays ok so far - except sometimes a ball gets stuck in the subway and sometimes the right flipper flutters.
Is having 3 wires some redundancy plan or could that be related to those two issues?

A09F9DF3-9410-4D13-B56E-F157839A3BAD (resized).jpegA09F9DF3-9410-4D13-B56E-F157839A3BAD (resized).jpeg
#4007 1 year ago

Found this in the cabinet right side towards the back. Anyone have any ideas on where this came from as it's obviously longer than the playfeild is thick.

20221012_171916 (resized).jpg20221012_171916 (resized).jpg20221012_171922 (resized).jpg20221012_171922 (resized).jpg

#4008 1 year ago
Quoted from PDX-Mike:

Found this in the cabinet right side towards the back. Anyone have any ideas on where this came from as it's obviously longer than the playfeild is thick.
[quoted image][quoted image]

lots of PF parts and mechs mount from the bottom with those kinds of machine bolts. Look for open holes.. some even are behind PCBs. Just start looking around.

#4009 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

lots of PF parts and mechs mount from the bottom with those kinds of machine bolts. Look for open holes.. some even are behind PCBs. Just start looking around.

Spent 45 minutes looking, even broke out the flashlight and still can't find where it came from.

#4010 1 year ago
Quoted from MadMaxDad:

Had mine a couple weeks. Looked in the backbox today, and noticed these two yellow wires weren’t connected (bad crimps).
All 3 wires seem to go to the same place on the playfield. The machine plays ok so far - except sometimes a ball gets stuck in the subway and sometimes the right flipper flutters.
Is having 3 wires some redundancy plan or could that be related to those two issues?
[quoted image]

Wow, that’s a new one. Sorry about this.

It’s over calculated to make sure in peak power everything will go smoothly. This explains why it still runs but there is a risk now that this one yellow wire is getting an overload and will collapse over time. So, better to crimp them back. Yellow is 12V I believe.

Forwarded your picture to factory to warn them on this. Perhaps something is wrong with the crimp tool?

#4011 1 year ago

Is there an official count on how many TBLs have been manufactured? I see the SNs reaching the 700s now, so what’s the run number prior to switching up to another title?

#4012 1 year ago

On another note, as a guy who has to have art blades on every game (hate the plain black sides), what have TBL folks gone with so far?

#4014 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I always use the wet method when installing pinblades, but TBL's tight playfield provided a bit more of a challenge. I successfully installed them without removing the playfield (didn't want to tackle lifting this on my own), but then ended up catching and tearing a gash in the left pinblade minutes later. ARGH!
Rather than buy a new set of art blades to replace the left one, I opted instead to go the route that a prior TBL owner had posted pics of and purchased a set of mirrior blades instead. My TBL now has a mirror blade on the left side and an art blade on the right. A bit unconventional perhaps, but so was the Dude, and ... this arrangement kind of reminds me of a bowling alley interior more.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Where did you buy your mirror blades?

#4015 1 year ago
Quoted from PDX-Mike:

I’d be checking solenoids. I had two come loose from the kickback. I then rechecked all solenoids and found over half loose. Shipping shakes them a ton.

#4017 1 year ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Joined the club yesterday!!
Pin was nicely packed, no damage suffered during shipping.
The Stary Lit Apron I ordered was not included as I anticipated, but Melissa got back to me pretty quick to let me know that one will be sent to me once they are available, they did not want to wait on getting the games out.
Other than that, the game is beautiful and built like a tank. I’ve played a few TBLs over the years, but the flippers on this one feel a lot more solid, snappy, and responsive. Very happy about that. The chrome trim really dresses the game up. I was presently surprised by the weight and quality of the back glass. This is the first time I’ve played the game in a home environment, and the sound is awesome.
The only real issue I’ve encountered up to this point is the Maude switches. Slow moving balls in the pop bumper area get stuck up on the switches, and I need to shake the machine to free the ball loose. Seems the switch arm is set too high and catches the ball. Hoping more play breaks them in to loosen them up, otherwise I’ll need to adjust them to lower them.
The theme integration is so freaking good. I cannot imagine what v1.0 will add to make it even better on top of what it already is.

That’s great to hear about your experience with more responsive flippers. Unresponsive flippers (couldn’t micro-flip at all) was my only complaint on the one I played (many many times) and what has made me hesitate to order one. Hmmmmm

#4018 1 year ago

1.00 IS RELEASED!!!! Okay so I just got the email but no I haven't had a chance to install and play it yet... LOL

Jeff

#4019 1 year ago

Wow - same with 1.0 - just get the news...very cool! (and my starry lit apron arrives tomorrow!)

Question if anyone knows - will the custom music mod be overwritten, or is there a way to re-apply the music? I had done the change via linux/bash

#4020 1 year ago

So psyched for this! Might have to fake an injury to get off work and play TBL!

Reading the changelog it states:

"Walter will now complain when you select him as a bowling character on Shabbos (Saturday)".... Now I know what I'm doing every Saturday from here on out.

Thanks Rens and Dutch. Can't wait to see what Dutch Pinball does next.

#4021 1 year ago

Please post video of gameplay

#4022 1 year ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Wow - same with 1.0 - just get the news...very cool! (and my starry lit apron arrives tomorrow!)
Question if anyone knows - will the custom music mod be overwritten, or is there a way to re-apply the music? I had done the change via linux/bash

It will not be overwritten. I did the beta testing and confirmed.

#4023 1 year ago

The changelog mentions new music and sounds. I would guess you would lose your custom music mod if you update. Perhaps you can re-apply once updated.

Quoted from brandonx76:

#4024 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

The changelog mentions new music and sounds. I would guess you would lose your custom music mod if you update. Perhaps you can re-apply once updated.

The music and sounds are different than the main areas where we insert the OG music. Most of the new music and sounds are clips within the modes, music within the dude abides, etc.

#4025 1 year ago

Since the big news is out, I am excited to share a bit more about what we can expect with the new software, having done some testing over the past months.

This will revolutionize the gameplay, taking it from a really fun game to an AMAZINGLY coded game. The flow of the game is also immensely improved, as well as average play time.

The new quotes and clips, "mini" multiball bonuses with the new characters, looping the mini playfield to multiply-boost jackpot shots, improved Nihilist mode, mini-rewards for the bowling balls achieved, and the ten frame game of bowling going on while you play (in addition to new bowling skill shot types) are just some off the top of my head that are MASSIVE improvements.

Heck, even the loading intro screen is improved with the gutterballs animation!

One of my favorite things is the Shabbos comment from Walter when you select him for bowling on Saturday. One thing I'm not sure if it was addressed or not is, that the CPU time is set for Netherlands, so sometimes I'll be playing on a Saturday night here and it's already Sunday according to the CPU. Would be cool if we could adjust that.

I left all of the difficulty settings completely stock, and while before it was super difficult to achieve all 5 modes (I had only ever gotten 4), now it is really not that hard. I can do it once about every 5-10 games. The key is the add-a-ball by adding new characters DURING a character multiball. Also lots of ways to score extra balls now with Mystery Level 3 containing a chance.

Game times for me went from an average of 5-10 minutes now to about 20-45 minutes. On my best games, I'm actually a bit mentally and physically tired after the stress of the Wizard Mode and tensing up for that long. The only other game that's done that to me is Black Knight Sword of Rage where I can get a 45 minute intense game going.

Scores will also skyrocket, appropriately given the multiballs, extra balls, mini bonuses, etc.

It's a whole new game, only in good ways.

Honestly what Koen has done for us here puts to shame any updates I have gotten from Stern for my machines over the last 5+ years. Just in another league.

Excited for any future additions and hopefully the Live play mode and internet updates, etc.

#4026 1 year ago

How about this is as start of your weekend

We are very proud to present the official release version 1.00 for The Big Lebowski™ Pinball!
This is the update you've all been waiting for!

What can you expect?

Wizard Mode "The Dude Abides" fully implemented!
Wizard Goals are much more reachable!
Bowling Ball perks!
Full Bowling scoring and highscores!
New Bowling challenges!
Multiball playfield multiplier up to 5X!
Side character jackpots!
More Mystery awards divided over 3 levels!
New callouts!
New music & sounds!
New animations & clips!
And much more! Please check the flowchart and changelog.

Download the update and read the changelog here:
https://www.dutchpinball.com/the_big_lebowski_pinball_software

Download the print version TBL Pinball Rules Flowchart 1.00 (PDF) here:
https://www.dutchpinball.com/tbl/TBL-Pinball-Rules-Flowchart.pdf

Download the screen version TBL Pinball Rules Flowchart 1.00 (JPG) here:
https://www.dutchpinball.com/tbl/TBL-Pinball-Rules-Flowchart.jpg

Thank you for your patience for this release!

And an even bigger thank you to those who have reported bugs and provided feedback. Bug fixes and tweaks will continue to be released.

Enjoy the update!

Team Dutch Pinball

#4027 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

We are very proud to present the official release version 1.00 for The Big Lebowski™ Pinball!
What can you expect?
Bowling Ball perks!
New Bowling challenges!
Side character jackpots!
New callouts!
New music & sounds!
New animations & clips!
And an even bigger thank you to those who have reported bugs and provided feedback. Bug fixes and tweaks will continue to be released.
Enjoy the update!
Team Dutch Pinball

Well, there just went my work productivity for the day. Thanks so much you guys, this looks amazing!!!

#4028 1 year ago

Tried to upload new software zip file into game and got a message stating hard drive capacity exceeded - delete older versions to create space. Started deleting oldest versions and retrying upload and somehow ended up in Ubuntu OS screen.

Hooked up a mouse, and can operate as guest, but have no idea where to go from here. Checked manual and threads, but not seeing info on how to get back to new software upload.

Rens/anyone? Help will be most appreciated!

UPDATE: Solution (for potential future reference) - Go to "Reset version software TBL" section in Service Manual (starting on P 237 in rev 0.65)

Thanks Rens!

#4029 1 year ago

Just want to say I played my first game with the new code and I am blown away! It feels so different but so much better too! I had a good game, got to hear a and see a lot. Love the call outs, but one of my favorite moments was to hear Philip Seymour Hoffman laugh.

#4030 1 year ago

Tried to upload new software zip file into game and got a message stating hard drive capacity exceeded - delete older versions to create space. Started deleting oldest versions and retrying upload and somehow ended up in Ubuntu OS screen.
Hooked up a mouse, and can operate as guest, but have no idea where to go from here. Checked manual and threads, but not seeing info on how to get back to new software upload.
Rens/anyone? Help will be most appreciated!

Check page 237 of service faq. Have feeling that what’s described there is happening to you.

#4031 1 year ago

I am trying to update the new code and it has been sitting here for about 20 minutes.

4E638FF6-3CF3-4B36-969B-86FDF54DEC19 (resized).jpeg4E638FF6-3CF3-4B36-969B-86FDF54DEC19 (resized).jpeg549DF0A4-D11D-4577-B3F0-9935F22BF4C2 (resized).jpeg549DF0A4-D11D-4577-B3F0-9935F22BF4C2 (resized).jpeg
#4032 1 year ago
Quoted from tk375:

Just want to say I played my first game with the new code and I am blown away! It feels so different but so much better too! I had a good game, got to hear a and see a lot. Love the call outs, but one of my favorite moments was to hear Philip Seymour Hoffman laugh.

Fuck it...just ordered one! Hoping to get in 2023 by xmas!

#4033 1 year ago
Quoted from murfe88:

I am trying to update the new code and it has been sitting here for about 20 minutes.

Try a different flash drive. Also, don't unpack it, keep it in the .rar file.

#4034 1 year ago

Well that went to shit quick. Tried rebooting and now I am in emergency mode. I have no idea what to do.

F245D425-5212-4534-8906-9DB3B7C5CE97 (resized).jpegF245D425-5212-4534-8906-9DB3B7C5CE97 (resized).jpeg
#4035 1 year ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

Fuck it...just ordered one! Hoping to get in 2023 by xmas!

About time! It'll be worth the wait.

#4036 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

About time! It'll be worth the wait.

Nick?

#4037 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

What can you expect?
Bowling Ball perks!
New Bowling challenges!
Side character jackpots!
New callouts!
New music & sounds!
New animations & clips!
Enjoy the update!
Team Dutch Pinball

Bamm!!!

#4040 1 year ago
Quoted from murfe88:

Well that went to shit quick. Tried rebooting and now I am in emergency mode. I have no idea what to do.
[quoted image]

That’s a new one.

Did you hook up a usb keyboard and try the ctrl-d ? Password is usual: dp

#4041 1 year ago
Quoted from murfe88:

[quoted image]

Paul: have you tried hooking up a keyboard and typing “exit” and then hitting the “Enter” key?

#4042 1 year ago

OH HAPPY FRIDAY, THE DAY HAS COME! 1.00 time!

giphy-downsized-large.gifgiphy-downsized-large.gif
#4043 1 year ago

For those at work today.... can someone post some video of the new stuff?

#4044 1 year ago

Mine is going in now... just had to delete a couple of the old versions to make room because it said hard drive space was limited.

B7057AB6-D115-48E4-AEC7-E601D3AB21A5 (resized).jpegB7057AB6-D115-48E4-AEC7-E601D3AB21A5 (resized).jpeg

#4045 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Check page 237 of service faq. Have feeling that what’s described there is happening to you.

That was the info I needed - V1.0 now uploaded and successfully playing! THANK YOU Rens!

Only played one game so far, but LOVING that bowling performance is tracked with an actual separate game score so that strikes count for more than spares now.

#4046 1 year ago

That was the info I needed - V1.0 now uploaded and successfully playing!
Thanks so much Rens!

Rensh's support just pushed me over my previous hesitation. I just placed a deposit. Very excited to see 1.0 in action!

#4047 1 year ago

So glad I had a day off today. Otherwise I wouldn't have done anything anyway. Love this game. I can't wait for the updated song list from my favorite pinsider here. Patiently waiting....

#4048 1 year ago

I have keyboard hooked up and hitting control D and it just keeps repeating hit control D.

Quoted from Rensh:

That’s a new one.
Did you hook up a usb keyboard and try the ctrl-d ? Password is usual: dp

03BF6877-89C8-492A-8E35-46BC80B1000E (resized).jpeg03BF6877-89C8-492A-8E35-46BC80B1000E (resized).jpeg0D0E2659-1DB9-4675-829F-E4F1B34AA859 (resized).jpeg0D0E2659-1DB9-4675-829F-E4F1B34AA859 (resized).jpeg
#4049 1 year ago

Try typing dp

#4050 1 year ago

Best Birthday present ever!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 22.50
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
There are 7,285 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/81?hl=pdx-mike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.