IMG_0049 (resized).jpg
IMG_2632.gif
IMG_1769 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240410_145717026 (resized).jpg
Install knocker.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_1728 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1725 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,267 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 146.
#3951 1 year ago

Good afternoon everyone! We just joined the club! Received our machine Wednesday and set it up today.

Only issue I have so far is the car will not swing out, it makes a fast pace clicking sound. Anyone have some advice on this one?

#3952 1 year ago
Quoted from PDX-Mike:

Good afternoon everyone! We just joined the club! Received our machine Wednesday and set it up today.
Only issue I have so far is the car will not swing out, it makes a fast pace clicking sound. Anyone have some advice on this one?

Gotta adjust the switches. Make sure the two red stand ups are not closed, next make sure the return switch is adjusted appropriately.

#3953 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

something to unlock or do, when you chop wood. Say you get all the bowling balls. Do a special mode. Do all the rug modes, and have a mini mode wizard. Get 5 mark it zeros, and have something happen.
Those are the things that give you small things to work for, so you build up while, doing the overall journey. that's one of the things that LOTR did great. While you are on this journey thats long as shit. You can do all the multiballs, and get destroy the ring mini wizard. Do all the modes, and get,"there and back again" mini wizard mode. Things like that. Otherwise things feel too much like a grind. Most will not get the final ending anytime soon, so having short term wizards are satisfying enough and achievable.

That would really break up the flow of the game. It is definitely not a grind. Once things are released I can certainly elaborate.

#3954 1 year ago

I do wish I could stack multiballs with modes.

#3955 1 year ago

I'm hoping the 1.0 code will reward you more for a strike than a spare when bowling.

Regardless, I know I'm gonna love it though!

#3956 1 year ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

That would really break up the flow of the game. It is definitely not a grind. Once things are released I can certainly elaborate.

doesn't break up the flow of LOTR. Short term major objectives are critical in programming. Rewards the player in steps. Grinding out all the modes for no big conclusion is not a reward. It's chopping wood. Working your ass off spelling bowling 5 times is a lot of work. Just to get ball completed with no bonus, is a lot of work. Completing all 3 car modes with no resolution except a lit insert at the bottom, is very unsatisfying. If you take a look how other recent games are made. You will see special things and modes offered for completing series of objectives. Breaks up the repetitive nature of games. Like iron maiden. Complete all 5 modes, you start 5 min to midnight. Get all the pyramids and able to start cyborg multiball. When you play, you shoot for one of those mini wizard objectives. Because 99% of the time, you are never getting to the ending which is number of the beast. But you can mix it up. Like go for different ones. That's what stops a game from feeling repetitive.

with TBL it starts with the same chop wood every game. Grind out the balls, Grind out the characters, grind out the modes. Same setup, same routine.

#3957 1 year ago
Quoted from PDX-Mike:

Is it still taped shut? Almost missed removing the tape on mine when I set it up...

#3958 1 year ago
Quoted from Selig:

Is it still taped shut? Almost missed removing the tape on mine when I set it up...

No, I did remove the tape. The switch that is behind the wall that tell the machine it's closed was not bent far enough forward.

#3959 1 year ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

I do wish I could stack multiballs with modes.

I absolutely wish you could stack

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

doesn't break up the flow of LOTR. Short term major objectives are critical in programming. Rewards the player in steps. Grinding out all the modes for no big conclusion is not a reward. It's chopping wood. Working your ass off spelling bowling 5 times is a lot of work. Just to get ball completed with no bonus, is a lot of work. Completing all 3 car modes with no resolution except a lit insert at the bottom, is very unsatisfying. If you take a look how other recent games are made. You will see special things and modes offered for completing series of objectives. Breaks up the repetitive nature of games. Like iron maiden. Complete all 5 modes, you start 5 min to midnight. Get all the pyramids and able to start cyborg multiball. When you play, you shoot for one of those mini wizard objectives. Because 99% of the time, you are never getting to the ending which is number of the beast. But you can mix it up. Like go for different ones. That's what stops a game from feeling repetitive.
with TBL it starts with the same chop wood every game. Grind out the balls, Grind out the characters, grind out the modes. Same setup, same routine.

Very well put. Imagine JJP pirates without mini wizard modes? As simple as they are they are still milestones to accomplish and give meaning and value to all the work you put in before it. I love TBL but having some reward for completing each of the objectives would add allot of replayability and feeling of accomplishment for all your hard work.

Looking forward to what’s coming in the mew code release regardless.

#3960 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

I absolutely wish you could stack

Very well put. Imagine JJP pirates without mini wizard modes? As simple as they are they are still milestones to accomplish and give meaning and value to all the work you put in before it. I love TBL but having some reward for completing each of the objectives would add allot of replayability and feeling of accomplishment for all your hard work.
Looking forward to what’s coming in the mew code release regardless.

Exactly. And I was expecting this with the 1.0 release. 99% of us will never get to dude abides. So regardless how awesome it might be. Most will never see it. Short term goals could be seen.

#3961 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Exactly. And I was expecting this with the 1.0 release. 99% of us will never get to dude abides. So regardless how awesome it might be. Most will never see it. Short term goals could be seen.

I think stacking would be a really cool addition even if we have to wait until 1.1

#3962 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

I think stacking would be a really cool addition even if we have to wait until 1.1

I don't care when it happens, as long as it does happen. Needs just a little more ummph in the code to really put the code together.

So i was thinking on what kind of modes I would add if I was doing the code. For completing all the balls. I would do a 2 ball multiball. Certain shots would increase jackpot value. Other shots would improve super jackpot value. While in 2 ball multiball, you would have to lock one ball in the saucer on the left, and lock another in the scoop or scoop on top mini. Once both balls are locked. You get 2 balls in the bowling section. Spare, gives you jackpot. Strike gives you super jackpot, and then it kicks both balls back into play.

For characters completed. Do a 5 ball multiball. Have the jackpot move between all character shots. Like 5 seconds it moves to another character. Jackpot value based upon how many balls are still in play. So if you have 5 balls still in play. it's 5x's jackpot value.

All cars completed. Starts car frenzy. 2 ball multiball. Where you have to damage the car in multiball. But if you dont' hit it often enough, it heals back up. Once you hit the car enough and destroy it. kicks out another ball, and adds to the jackpot multiplier. Car gets more difficult, each level you pass. more health to the car.

#3963 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

My new cooling kit for CGC/JJP machines is about to be released, but turns out a Big Lebowski version will also be coming.
Someone was asking if I could do one of my existing kits for TBL and they sent me the pics I needed to see if it was possible. Given that the new kit was imminent, the timing was very good to just make a TBL version of the new kit also. Due to the power supply in TBL, it requires a completely distinct power adapter from any of my other kits, but everything else from the new kit will work in a TBL kit.
The new kits are being manufactured now, and I'll announce and open orders in a week or ten days.
FYI, here's the temp test from a stock TBL with no cooling. Left and right flippers are past the threshold of fade in about 30 minutes.
[quoted image]

Huh - I wonder if the 'overheating' was the reason some of the flippers stopped performing during multiball...I thought I fixed it though by reseating the USBs and haven't seen it since (had since early august)

#3964 1 year ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Huh - I wonder if the 'overheating' was the reason some of the flippers stopped performing during multiball...I thought I fixed it though by reseating the USBs and haven't seen it since (had since early August)

168F is hot, but I wouldn't think it hot enough to cause the coils to stop working. I've seen that on GnR and Spooky, but those were way over 200F and 180F uncooled respectively. But I don't know enough about how Big Lebowski manages the flippers to say definitively. All I can say is with the temps from this test, TBL has fade starting at about 30 minutes of play that worsens as you go.

Here's the latest TBL test with the cooling result added (cooled test was a bit shorter because the temps were stable for a long time). The new cooling brackets cap the coil temps below 110F, which is how hot the L/R flipper coils are uncooled after less than 10 minutes of play. So, no chance of fade at all when cooled.

temp graph TBL cooled-sml.jpgtemp graph TBL cooled-sml.jpg

#3965 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

168F is hot, but I wouldn't think it hot enough to cause the coils to stop working. I've seen that on GnR and Spooky, but those were way over 200F and 180F uncooled respectively. But I don't know enough about how Big Lebowski manages the flippers to say definitively. All I can say is with the temps from this test, TBL has fade starting at about 30 minutes of play that worsens as you go.
Here's the latest TBL test with the cooling result added (cooled test was a bit shorter because the temps were stable for a long time). The new cooling brackets cap the coil temps below 110F, which is how hot the L/R flipper coils are uncooled after less than 10 minutes of play. So, no chance of fade at all when cooled.
[quoted image]

As one point of data, I have a Prem Sword of Rage and a Lebowski. The sword of rage is UNPLAYABLE without the fans after 30 minutes of constant play. Even WITH the fans it’s a struggle for the right flipper to maintain enough power.
For Lebowski, I’ve never had a single
Performance issue after hours of constant play. Something about it or the coil style or something is built better.

Regardless, cooling can’t hurt and the low temps are a major change!

#3966 1 year ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

As one point of data, I have a Prem Sword of Rage and a Lebowski. The sword of rage is UNPLAYABLE without the fans after 30 minutes of constant play. Even WITH the fans it’s a struggle for the right flipper to maintain enough power.
For Lebowski, I’ve never had a single
Performance issue after hours of constant play. Something about it or the coil style or something is built better.
Regardless, cooling can’t hurt and the low temps are a major change!

Sword of Rage is pretty notorious for extreme coil temps, but I don't know what they are because I haven't been able to get my hands on one at a reasonable price to test it. It's on my "to do" list, though. 168F peak temp on TBL is hot, but not extreme I would think that most of the early fade in the 135-150F range manifests in slightly more bricked shots, rather than outright weak-feeling flippers. It's nice that TBL owners will now have this option when the new kit is released. I didn't intend to release a kit for it.

#3967 1 year ago

I’m in the club !
I’m the 3rd owner - looks like new.
I got some extras - not sure what came with the machine originally and what’s been added.
Looking forward to learning all about it !

F20730C4-13D3-45EE-A2B8-05BA7AA7B103 (resized).jpegF20730C4-13D3-45EE-A2B8-05BA7AA7B103 (resized).jpeg48F46758-3461-44B9-AF79-B2840BC7726C (resized).jpeg48F46758-3461-44B9-AF79-B2840BC7726C (resized).jpeg9BEAB671-3030-45F5-A4F7-8C54CFE7516D (resized).jpeg9BEAB671-3030-45F5-A4F7-8C54CFE7516D (resized).jpeg387BA4C2-7E79-4712-AA41-24735BDCE4B4 (resized).jpeg387BA4C2-7E79-4712-AA41-24735BDCE4B4 (resized).jpeg
#3968 1 year ago

Pleased to inform you that progress on software rel 1.00 is made, a lot of reported bugs have been solved and that, at the moment, a very realistic timeframe of October is thought of

#3969 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Pleased to inform you that progress on software rel 1.00 is made, a lot of reported bugs have been solved and that, at the moment, a very realistic timeframe of October is thought of

That is incredible news! October 1st at 7 am! You heard it here first!!

Seriously, super psyched to see the new code!

#3970 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

This is fantastic news! Not sure how much better it can get with an already perfect pin but I’m intrigued!

#3971 1 year ago

I want to throw down on one of these but I’m waiting to see how fleshed out 1.0 is at this point.

#3972 1 year ago

Will the 1.0 code include earnings audits? Pretty please?

#3973 1 year ago

Joined the club a couple days ago. This pin is awesome. What’s a good score ? So far I only put up just over 20,597,000. Has anyone bought the Hologram topper. If so how is it ?

2646E623-610F-43FE-97ED-583121B7CC6F (resized).jpeg2646E623-610F-43FE-97ED-583121B7CC6F (resized).jpeg
#3974 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Great news!!!!

How about another teaser video or image???

#3975 1 year ago
Quoted from murfe88:

Has anyone bought the Hologram topper. If so how is it ?

Depending on which one you're talking about, they're all varying degrees of LOUD. Here's an example of one:

#3976 1 year ago
Quoted from murfe88:

Joined the club a couple days ago. This pin is awesome. What’s a good score ? So far I only put up just over 20,597,000. Has anyone bought the Hologram topper. If so how is it ?
[quoted image]

This could be a good score, but in a 5-ball-game

631293E8-891B-4799-8910-FE74A7220D1A (resized).jpeg631293E8-891B-4799-8910-FE74A7220D1A (resized).jpeg
#3977 1 year ago
Quoted from murfe88:

[quoted image]

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/big-lebowski/scores

#3978 1 year ago

In case anyone is interested - previously, I'd done a run of black launch button mods, but am looking to do a proper run of red and black mods. I didn't want to muddy up this thread with it, so I'll just link to the individual thread I'd created. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-black-red-launch-button-mod-preorder-thread

#3979 1 year ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Great news!!!!
How about another teaser video or image???

Just to let you know we are still on schedule for, what we can say being now in October, this month. Coming week last audio assets should be finalized, some more testing and here we (finally) go.

In regard to a teaser, will make this happen within a few days .

Today is first watching formula 1 our Dutch Max Verstappen. And my mother in law expects me today at her birthday

#3980 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Just to let you know we are still on schedule for, what we can say being now in October, this month. Coming week last audio assets should be finalized, some more testing and here we (finally) go.
In regard to a teaser, will make this happen within a few days .
Today is first watching formula 1 our Dutch Max Verstappen. And my mother in law expects me today at her birthday

Can't wait for this. Thank you.

#3981 1 year ago

Just posting to say I had a chance to play this at Cointaker’s super awesome party. Had a blast with this machine. My wife loved it too and said we have to get one. So, since this dude must abide, I put a deposit on one last week. I know it’s gonna be a looooong wait. But, we are super excited!

#3982 1 year ago
Quoted from doc5md:

Just posting to say I had a chance to play this at Cointaker’s super awesome party. Had a blast with this machine. My wife loved it too and said we have to get one. So, since this dude must abide, I put a deposit on one last week. I know it’s gonna be a looooong wait. But, we are super excited!

Congrats Dude - it will be well worth the wait!

There's a reason why TBL has been steadily moving up in Pinside's "Top 100" and is still the favorite game in my collection. The soon to be delivered 1.0 code is going to make this gem sparkle even more too!

#3983 1 year ago
Quoted from zucot:

Can't wait for this. Thank you.

As promised here a small teaser of software 1.00. It’s the very beginning start of the final wizard. Remember, it’s still beta version so there might be some (small) changes coming in final version.

#3984 1 year ago

Thank you. Any chance you can post the read me or a change list for 1.0 before it’s released? Even if it’s only partial?

#3985 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

As promised here a small teaser of software 1.00. It’s the very beginning start of the final wizard. Remember, it’s still beta version so there might be some (small) changes coming in final version.

Ball 1 of 4? Feeling 3 balls was never enough - I'm on board already - thx for the preview!

#3986 1 year ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Ball 1 of 4? Feeling 3 balls was never enough - I'm on board already - thx for the preview!

I put all my pinballs on 4 balls and max 1 extra ball, sometimes 2 if you really have to work to earn a second extra ball (like twd for instance)

These settings work best for me and a lot of my friends.

That I could show Dude Abides on one ball is because there is a shortcut programmed into the beta version to be able to test this wizzard more easy.

#3987 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

I put all my pinballs on 4 balls and max 1 extra ball, sometimes 2 if you really have to work to earn a second extra ball (like twd for instance)

We set jjPotC to 4 balls/game on route to make the $1.50/play price easier for people to swallow. Worked great. It was the #1 earner on the route the whole time it was out.

#3988 1 year ago

Finally ran into one of these in the wild yesterday. We put a deposit down back in June as huge fans of the movie, figuring worst case it looks easy to resale without losing money. Now we can't wait until spring and have a feeling it'll be bolted.

#3989 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

I put all my pinballs on 4 balls ...

I don't feel quite as bad about not being able to match your fabulous high scores on TBL now Rens!

(my games are all set to 3 balls)

#3990 1 year ago

Just to let you guys know progress on release 1.00 is nicely on schedule.

In fact the very first beta release labeled 1.00 was made available today for internal testing . All previous beta releases were like 090, 091, 092.

We all know making pinballs is hard but would be a real bummer if this is not be released in October to the public.

Can’t wait to see your reactions and feedback. Will it satisfy everybody? That’s impossible but many many dudes will be very happy with it. The theme integration was already top-notch and it has stepped up big way.

A small step for man, big step for pinball

CF3B39E2-C2F7-4C11-9656-A74F96FEF4A7 (resized).jpegCF3B39E2-C2F7-4C11-9656-A74F96FEF4A7 (resized).jpeg
#3991 1 year ago

I am a new owner and picked up my game locally a few days ago. It seems my timing was pretty good

The comments I have seen so far sure make it sounds like the pending update has more than bug fixes and a final mode?

If there is a good listing for rule details I would appreciate a pointer. As I am becoming more familiar with the game I have been wondering if the various achievements interact. For example, I can't figure out if collecting certain bowling balls give some kind of specific benefit for the characters they are associated with.

#3992 1 year ago
Quoted from RobF:

I am a new owner and picked up my game locally a few days ago. It seems my timing was pretty good
The comments I have seen so far sure make it sounds like the pending update has more than bug fixes and a final mode?
If there is a good listing for rule details I would appreciate a pointer. As I am becoming more familiar with the game I have been wondering if the various achievements interact. For example, I can't figure out if collecting certain bowling balls give some kind of specific benefit for the characters they are associated with.

I think collecting the balls = double scoring for that character's shot during character multiball.

#3993 1 year ago
Quoted from zucot:

I think collecting the balls = double scoring for that character's shot during character multiball.

Correct. In rel 1.00 however a bowling call gives additional perks. This is make it more easy to get to the final wizard.

Than gamerules. On DP website you can download an operational manual which also tells about game rules. I am working on an updated version to reflect the new rules 1.00.

#3994 1 year ago

Mistaken post

#3995 1 year ago

Is mark it zero a hurry up mode?

#3996 1 year ago
Quoted from zucot:

Is mark it zero a hurry up mode?

It’s a timed out mode indeed. It doesn’t give more points if you shoot it immediate or later though. Just valid for a certain time period.

#3997 1 year ago

Without giving anything else away on top of what Rens is sharing, I hope it’s ok for me to say that having tested some code between the public and 1.0 versions, that this is massively game changing in an entirely positive way.

More to come when I can talk about what exactly I’ve experienced, but suffice it to say, game flow is way up, game times are way up, and scores are now going to be big.

This update is incredible work from Koen.

#3998 1 year ago

pinside needs a top 100 list for those who actually own the games to see how it rates. Someone playing TBL 6 times and giving it an 8 is insane. You can't play on location a few times setup to eat balls and review a game properly. Pisses me off. I normally only review games I own or played a lot. Many of the arcades are not even level anymore. Bad lighting and not taken care of.

#3999 1 year ago

The v1.0 hype is up, and I’m here for it all!!

Can’t wait for the Wu DRU Edition to be delivered!!

#4000 1 year ago

Hi all

300 games into TBL and plays well.

Recently the game went into ball search mode with all 5 balls in the trough. Turn it off and back on it still is in ball search mode. I can manipulate the balls in the trough and it will sometimes eject a ball into the shooting lane but will immediately go back to ball search when that ball is drained.

Test report says “Trough 6 (stuck closed)”. Is that the trough optos or a physical switch somewhere else? I can’t find schematics guide online just a manual with rules, modes, etc.

Any advice? Thanks dudes

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Colts Neck, NJ
$ 210.00
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,267 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/80?hl=selig and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.