flipper position (3) (resized).jpeg
IMG_6626 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_archive_792_848601.jpg
Pinside_forum_7890198_0.jpg
Pinside_archive_876_2670498.jpg
IMG_0049 (resized).jpg
IMG_2632.gif

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,285 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 146.
#3851 1 year ago

#3852 1 year ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Gameplay / potential issue question:
Is there any particular reason the lower flippers would become completely unresponsive during "The Dude" 3-lock Multiball? Seemed timed after a ball was drained, so not sure if this is a game play intentional behavior. They recovered at the tail end of the multi-ball mode, but just a little weird. Felt like the same way the upper playfield flipper is disabled on certain modes (ex: "See what happens").
Thanks,

Followup - anyone else experience this issue? Seems to happen again - flippers 'freeze' in place during a game mode / multiball

#3853 1 year ago
Quoted from thewool:

I can't see this question being asked in the thread but apologies if it's a repeat.
I played TBL last week for the first time and LOVED it. That wasn't a total surprise as it's my #1 movie of all time, but the design of the game and theme integration blew me away. The game felt old school with nice mechs, the modes seemed fun with a cool upper and lower pf. I hear that more code is coming so the game can only get better.
Before last week my next pin was intended to be Godzilla but now my heart is leaning towards TBL. GZ also has excellent theme integration, good flow with some super sweet code.
My question... are there any owners that possess both GZ and TBL? I was just wondering which one you suggest and why? Cheers.

They are different types of games. GZ is more action packed and has deeper code - definitely a play-it-everyday pin. TBL is slower and is more of a change of pace. You just gotta go with your gut on it.

#3854 1 year ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

They are different types of games. GZ is more action packed and has deeper code - definitely a play-it-everyday pin. TBL is slower and is more of a change of pace. You just gotta go with your gut on it.

Correct. You just can’t compare the two, they are to different. I want some furious fast action, I go to my ImdN (action packed like GZ). Wanna relax and enjoy the good life? Go to tbl. Want to enjoy my favorite theme (sorry dude) and ultimate rules, go to my TWD.

They are each unique and the best in their own way. And I can assure you, software rel 1.00 will only make the best in his kind better. It breaths even more of the theme.

#3855 1 year ago
#3856 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

And I can assure you, software rel 1.00 will only make the best in his kind better. It breaths even more of the theme.

Oh behave, chubb factor 50

#3857 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

I can assure you, software rel 1.00 will only make the best in his kind better. It breaths even more of the theme.

I have zero complaints with theme integration. I already rate that a solid 10 out of 10.

I'd like deeper rules. If the rules aren't deeper then I'll probably be considering this update disappointing tbh. And I wouldn't need much either. Collect 50 spins, 20 pops and 10 ramps for BUNNY multiball playing a version of Viva Las Vegas, with the jackpots being two randomized shots somewhere on the playfield, and when you hit just one it'll randomize to another two shots on the playfield, etc.

I just pulled that out of thin air, I dunno. It's easy to criticize. It's much harder to put into practice.

But I like the code very much as is, so whatever is added on will make me a happy guy.

#3858 1 year ago

Uploaded new version Service FAQ, rel 065 this time

https://www.dutchpinball.com/the_big_lebowski_pinball_support

#3859 1 year ago

Zoals altijd, bedankt meneer!

#3860 1 year ago

So should I do it? Stupid money in Oz.

Edit. I’d have to sell my WCS and maybe pass on IMDN. Need a bigger place…..

#3861 1 year ago
C4D834B4-0F74-46C4-88C1-5AFF5D4A076A (resized).pngC4D834B4-0F74-46C4-88C1-5AFF5D4A076A (resized).png
#3862 1 year ago

Received my bowling ball launch button. Looks awesome. Not handmade looking at all. Now just need my pin to arrive in 8-12 months.

2E908960-A753-4E73-916D-BEBCD9C637BF (resized).jpeg2E908960-A753-4E73-916D-BEBCD9C637BF (resized).jpegB2C88031-4067-454F-83FF-6470F5291093 (resized).jpegB2C88031-4067-454F-83FF-6470F5291093 (resized).jpeg
#3864 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

So should I do it? Stupid money in Oz.
Edit. I’d have to sell my WCS and maybe pass on IMDN. Need a bigger place…..

Yes you should. I’m in and hang the cost

#3865 1 year ago
Quoted from Chambo:

Yes you should. I’m in and hang the cost

F it
Just did it….
Costs us 15k usd to get it. Man. I remember thinking 2k was a lot for a World Cup. Poor WCS has to be sold to make way.

#3866 1 year ago

QQ. - having issues with the dude abides/mystery hole - during game play the ball won’t eject automatically. It will go through a cycle to eject it and that kicks it out though. Any ideas?

#3867 1 year ago
Quoted from matlynch91:

QQ. - having issues with the dude abides/mystery hole - during game play the ball won’t eject automatically. It will go through a cycle to eject it and that kicks it out though. Any ideas?

In my experience that switch is not fun to adjust.

#3868 1 year ago
Quoted from matlynch91:

I'm also having that issue, @matlynch91. I've tried to adjust the switch but still have the same issue as you 30% of the time the ball goes in that VUK.

#3869 1 year ago

Just checking in as a future owner, put down deposit w/ CT back in June. That's all for now, back to waiting

#3870 1 year ago

That is not good as i was in November

#3871 1 year ago
Quoted from Auror:

I'm also having that issue, matlynch91. I've tried to adjust the switch but still have the same issue as you 30% of the time the ball goes in that VUK.

Check wiring from the switch to the plug the switch is in the board. Reseat plug several times

#3872 1 year ago
Quoted from Auror:

I'm also having that issue, matlynch91. I've tried to adjust the switch but still have the same issue as you 30% of the time the ball goes in that VUK.

Try loosening the screws which fasten the screw. If they are overtight it can cause a failure in the switch sometimes.
Not to loose of course as than the switch will move

#3873 1 year ago
Quoted from jarozi:

Just checking in as a future owner, put down deposit w/ CT back in June. That's all for now, back to waiting

Congrats!

Check this out if you haven't already:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club

#3874 1 year ago

Sorry I’m drawing a blank, can someone please remind me how the final total bonus multiplier is increased (ie 2x, 3x etc)? I skimmed the manual again and only see info about the shot multipliers like bowling balls and White Russians.

#3875 1 year ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Sorry I’m drawing a blank, can someone please remind me how the final total bonus multiplier is increased (ie 2x, 3x etc)? I skimmed the manual again and only see info about the shot multipliers like bowling balls and White Russians.

Think it’s now already bonus multiplier as follows:

First time Maude complete -> Maude MB can be started

Each additional time Maude complete increases bonus multiplier

Am not with my tbl at the moment but this is what my memory tells me. Hope my memory is correct and if yes, that’s not a beta version memory but rel 059

Am already working on manual for rel 1.00, guess there is gonna be an extra change

#3876 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Think it’s now already bonus multiplier as follows:
First time Maude complete -> Maude MB can be started
Each additional time Maude complete increases bonus multiplier
Am not with my tbl at the moment but this is what my memory tells me. Hope my memory is correct and if yes, that’s not a beta version memory but rel 059
Am already working on manual for rel 1.00, guess there is gonna be an extra change

Yes, Maude is correct. I forgot about that. Thanks.

#3877 1 year ago

Can any newer build Big Lebowski owners post a pic of where the translite is connected? I had mine out for a couple weeks while troubleshooting off and on with Dutch pinball about another issue. I feel dumb but it’s not clear where it’s plugged in. There is no matching 4 pin connector that I can see in back box. Only relevant pics I’ve found online look like different wiring harnesses in back box.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#3878 1 year ago
Quoted from Klod:

Can any newer build Big Lebowski owners post a pic of where the translite is connected? I had mine out for a couple weeks while troubleshooting off and on with Dutch pinball about another issue. I feel dumb but it’s not clear where it’s plugged in. There is no matching 4 pin connector that I can see in back box. Only relevant pics I’ve found online look like different wiring harnesses in back box.
[quoted image]

It's the 4 pin connector. The two pin plugs into one side of it. I think the connectors have a lip to prevent you from plugging it into the wrong side.

#3879 1 year ago
Quoted from matlynch91:

I had the same issue- its the switch adjustment underneath the table. It was an easy fix. Must be an east bay thing, lol. (Alameda here)

#3880 1 year ago

Man, the "start character"/"mark it zero" saucer is really hard to hit. I had all the characters ready to go, and I drained two balls trying to hit that friggin thing and never got the multi ball going argggggh.

#3881 1 year ago
Quoted from CALencio:

Man, the "start character"/"mark it zero" saucer is really hard to hit. I had all the characters ready to go, and I drained two balls trying to hit that friggin thing and never got the multi ball going argggggh.

Play Better will Steve Ritchie shout in your ears

#3882 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Play Better will Steve Ritchie shout in your ears

Due to Rensh's positive encouragement(LOL ) I just played a bunch of games doing nothing but lighting characters and practicing saucer shots and I just had my best game ~19,500,000. I hit three wizard goals - mark it zero, super jackpot, and start characters!!!! My best game yet. I should have had the collect balls lit but man, I did awful on the frames!!!!

Thanks Rensh lol

So I've had this game for about 2 weeks. I've got ~125 games. I've got it set up pretty well. Still need to work on SDTM Donny shots. That was one of my balls on my high score just now. Very frustrating.

#3883 1 year ago

There is a plastic deflection on Etsy you can buy so doesn’t go sdtm

#3884 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

There is a plastic deflection on Etsy you can buy so doesn’t go sdtm

I have it installed. Works great! The guy who makes them is awesome as well.

#3885 1 year ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

I have it installed. Works great! The guy who makes them is awesome as well.

Link? I checked and didn't see it. . . sorry to bother you on something I should be able to figure out on my own. I saw some that may have been available in past but sold out. I have a 3d printer if someone knows the link to the file. FWIW, I found the Lebowski ramp clip to print here in my search: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4920822 I'll print that next

#3886 1 year ago

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1088825021/

Message him and he will get back to you

#3887 1 year ago
Quoted from CALencio:

The Mark It Zero saucer can be ... challenging.

Sometimes it seems I can't hit it to save my life.

#3888 1 year ago

Thanks for bringing this up. (A problem I didn't realize I had, but now I do sort of recall unfair STDMs). Also protecting the balls is important.

Another question I had - anyone else getting significant airball hitting the "Rug Lamp"? I noticed it seems to be after hitting the white circular post.

I attempted to tighten down the "Rug Lamp" screw, which helped, but still taking a beating. And the ball has been caught at least once here, requiring glass removal.

The light was completely reversed in the wrong direction at one point too

ex (resized).jpgex (resized).jpglamp (resized).pnglamp (resized).png
#3889 1 year ago

FYI: I talked with Robin and got the right to make a post a key post. This for all TBL threads.

So, if you have a post which you think should be a key post shoot me a direct message.

Most important rule is to only keypost those posts that are factual and, as such, free of opinions etc.

#3890 1 year ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Anyone have a video of gameplay with custom music from the movie at all? Thanks

So I’m late on this but found this video with custom music on his machine. I’m assuming it’s possible but is that still accurate bc that would be great.

#3891 1 year ago

You changing up the match screen on 1.0 code? Be cool if companies could have 3-4 different versions that rotate so they don’t get old.

#3892 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

So I’m late on this but found this video with custom music on his machine. I’m assuming it’s possible but is that still accurate bc that would be great.

Believe that is Rensh in the video.

Anyhow, definitely still possible and using @ksp1138’s script to randomize a playlist on boot. It is amazing.

#3893 1 year ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Another question I had - anyone else getting significant airball hitting the "Rug Lamp"? I noticed it seems to be after hitting the white circular post.
I attempted to tighten down the "Rug Lamp" screw, which helped, but still taking a beating. And the ball has been caught at least once here, requiring glass removal.
The light was completely reversed in the wrong direction at one point too[quoted image][quoted image]

…you can find my solution in post #2604

#3894 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

You changing up the match screen on 1.0 code? Be cool if companies could have 3-4 different versions that rotate so they don’t get old.

No plans to at the moment.

#3895 1 year ago

Deleted

#3896 1 year ago

Just got invoiced for my (early) Oct '21 order

#3897 1 year ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Believe that is Rensh in the video.
Anyhow, definitely still possible and using KSP1138’s script to randomize a playlist on boot. It is amazing.

Sorry so it is possible to put your own music in the game like Stern games?

#3898 1 year ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Just got invoiced for my (early) Oct '21 order

Make sure you pack your patience! I ordered July 21, paid June 14th 2022 still waiting for shipping notification.

#3899 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Sorry so it is possible to put your own music in the game like Stern games?

Yep!

#3900 1 year ago
Quoted from PDX-Mike:

Make sure you pack your patience! I ordered July 21, paid June 14th 2022 still waiting for shipping notification.

Oh yeah, expectations are set suuuper low

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 210.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
There are 7,285 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/78?hl=selig and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.