flipper position (1) (resized).jpeg
flipper position (2) (resized).jpeg
flipper position (3) (resized).jpeg
IMG_6626 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_archive_792_848601.jpg
Pinside_forum_7890198_0.jpg
Pinside_archive_876_2670498.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,286 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 146.
#3801 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

My Lebowski shoes came in. Vintage for topper.

Such classic (as well as stylish) shoes!

I dig the Dude's "Gutter Balls" dream sequence silver & gold shoes and consequently painted & installed a mini version of one atop the Dude ramp in my game.

S3CeB33.gifS3CeB33.gif
20220801_124920_resized (resized).jpg20220801_124920_resized (resized).jpg

#3802 1 year ago
Quoted from CALencio:

Hello, I finally have the machine set up, but the scoop isn't shooting the ball out correctly. Maybe only happens 10% of the time. The other 90% I have to wait until the machine cycles to shoot it out. Its like a sensor isn't registering the ball? Anyways, I have a couple other questions about the machine and I was hoping I could talk over the phone/FaceTime with someone to get some help. Anyone interested in DMing me their number so we can talk pinball? I'm an urban achiever and this is my first machine, so I want to make sure I set this thing up correctly and work out this issue.

Just adjust the pressure switch so it contacts with the ball weight on it. Easy fix. Open it up and go into switch test mode and play around with it until the contacts are a bit closer together

#3803 1 year ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Just adjust the pressure switch so it contacts with the ball weight on it. Easy fix. Open it up and go into switch test mode and play around with it until the contacts are a bit closer together

Hello,

So here in lies the problem- since this is my first machine I'm not familiar with lifting up the playfield while the balls are loaded. I can't see a door anywhere to prevent them from falling out. Is there a trick?

Also, the suggestion to adjust a switch - is it to adjust a physical contact switch or to go into the menu and adjust an analog sensitivity? Would you happen to know the name of the switch I should be looking for within the test mode and where it could be found? I'm sorry for my lack of some basic knowledge here, but I do most things jumping in both feet first.

Obviously, I'm not a golfer - more of a nihilist

#3804 1 year ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

You’re a brave person with TBL being your first pin. But who am I to judge, I dove in the deep end with TZ being my first pin. After having that pin, I’m a lot less intimidated now popping the hood on other pins.
If you don’t have a multimeter, a handy tool to have for pin ownership.

Maybe I'm more of a nihilist

also, I know the stranger has some good advice, but the cuss words are muted on the machine - is there a setting for that?

#3805 1 year ago
Quoted from CALencio:

Maybe I'm more of a nihilist
also, I know the stranger has some good advice, but the cuss words are muted on the machine - is there a setting for that?

Go on YouTube and start watching as many how to videos you can. I was a beginner and now an expert on this stuff. Remove the balls or put a towel in the ball trough before raising so they don’t fall out and damage something. Owning pins there are always stuff to fix and you just get used to it in time.

#3806 1 year ago
Quoted from CALencio:

Hello,
So here in lies the problem- since this is my first machine I'm not familiar with lifting up the playfield while the balls are loaded. I can't see a door anywhere to prevent them from falling out. Is there a trick?
Also, the suggestion to adjust a switch - is it to adjust a physical contact switch or to go into the menu and adjust an analog sensitivity? Would you happen to know the name of the switch I should be looking for within the test mode and where it could be found? I'm sorry for my lack of some basic knowledge here, but I do most things jumping in both feet first.
Obviously, I'm not a golfer - more of a nihilist

you can stick a piece of cloth like a towel in the shooter lane to keep the balls from coming out. But there is a little lever you will see from the bottom of the playfield at the shooter lane you can use. Hold this up while lifting the playfield all the way back against the head. Do this slowly and carefully,

Its a mechanical switch that needs adjustment. With the playfield up, go in to the test menu for the switches and see if you can engage that switch with you hand and then you will see how you'll need to adjust it. You will need to do this with the playfield up as you won't be able to access the switch from the top.

There is an adjustment for adult mode in the settings menu.

#3807 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Go on YouTube and start watching as many how to videos you can. I was a beginner and now an expert on this stuff. Remove the balls or put a towel in the ball trough before raising so they don’t fall out and damage something. Owning pins there are always stuff to fix and you just get used to it in time.

Thank you. Yes, well understood its a hobby for sure. I love mechanical/electrical things so learning basics here has already been really fun. Thanks for the advice.

#3808 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

you can stick a piece of cloth like a towel in the shooter lane to keep the balls from coming out. But there is a little lever you will see from the bottom of the playfield at the shooter lane you can use. Hold this up while lifting the playfield all the way back against the head. Do this slowly and carefully,
Its a mechanical switch that needs adjustment. With the playfield up, go in to the test menu for the switches and see if you can engage that switch with you hand and then you will see how you'll need to adjust it. You will need to do this with the playfield up as you won't be able to access the switch from the top.
There is an adjustment for adult mode in the settings menu.

Thanks dude. So I'm looking at the switch, the adjustment looks like bending the lever up towards the playfield that triggers the switch earlier

#3809 1 year ago
Quoted from CALencio:

Thanks dude. So I'm looking at the switch, the adjustment looks like bending the lever up towards the playfield that triggers the switch earlier

Yup. A slight bend/tweak should take care of it.

#3810 1 year ago
Quoted from CALencio:

No worries, we got your back.

For maintenance and support issues, pls post in the future in this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-lotta-ins-a-lotta-outs-tbl-maintenance-thread/page/28#post-7057031

#3811 1 year ago

Topper so far. Just need a couple max pins. Vintage shoes and can.

C3D013C9-D117-4682-82C2-15D7C5A836E6 (resized).jpegC3D013C9-D117-4682-82C2-15D7C5A836E6 (resized).jpeg
#3812 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Topper so far. Just need a couple max pins. Vintage shoes and can.
[quoted image]

To be honest I am a bit jealous that you were able to obtain the can with the blue lid. Are you going to add a LED strip for illumination also? That’s and easy addon that makes the shoes shine!

#3813 1 year ago
Quoted from Joost996me:

To be honest I am a bit jealous that you were able to obtain the can with the blue lid. Are you going to add a LED strip for illumination also? That’s and easy addon that makes the shoes shine!

Yeah I’ll create a base and everything once I receive the machine in a year. Try eBay you can find them but have to pay up for it.

#3814 1 year ago

I got one with a white lid....plan on painting it blue.

#3815 1 year ago

Can we talk TBL settings for a bit?

I've changed the rug mode setting so that you have to hit the rug just one time to unroll it for every mode. The further back the rug is, the harder it is to activate the switch. I've had a lot more fun playing the game this way.

Oh, and my TBL came with the bowling alley left gutter turned off, right turned on. Not sure why but I left it as is. I need to hit the pins on the left side a tad to activate that I've hit them. I don't know if that's because of the gutter settings or not.

Anyone else change rug mode hits to just one like I did or have the bowling alley settings this way too? What other settings have you changed?

#3816 1 year ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

I've changed the rug mode setting so that you have to hit the rug just one time to unroll it for every mode. The further back the rug is, the harder it is to activate the switch. I've had a lot more fun playing the game this way.
Oh, and my TBL came with the bowling alley left gutter turned off, right turned on. Not sure why but I left it as is. I need to hit the pins on the left side a tad to activate that I've hit them. I don't know if that's because of the gutter settings or not.
Anyone else change rug mode hits to just one like I did or have the bowling alley settings this way too? What other settings have you changed?

I like the standard setting of hitting the rug a few times to start the mode. All personal preference. I did the same with the gutter. I questioned this too why it was set up like this. Otherwise, the only other changes I made were to increase the ball save time and reduce power to the scoop coil and the trough coil to reduce wear.

#3817 1 year ago

Damned, not allowed to do some further software testing today.

It sjabbos after all

https://photos.app.goo.gl/mS1zZGdTyX9We1bx8

It’s getting there

Oh, and it’s ready when it’s ready

#3818 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Damned, not allowed to do some further software testing today.
It sjabbos after all
https://photos.app.goo.gl/mS1zZGdTyX9We1bx8
It’s getting there

Oh, and it’s ready when it’s ready

Looks amazing!

#3820 1 year ago

Actually, I think that would be a great feature; if you're playing on a Saturday, you wouldn't be able to select Walter when doing "Let's Go Bowling"...

#3821 1 year ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

On my game I maxed out the ball save timers, reduced the amount of target hits required for nihilist mode to 15, made the character shots required lower by one (to enable each character a bit easier). The game is really just too hard on default settings to see much of the game, especially for beginners and visitors.

#3822 1 year ago

Hey all - a couple of noob questions -

1. Having trouble resecuring the bar that secure's the glass - if I tighten the two gold screws, I can't get the bar to fit. If i loosen them, the bar fits and I can pull the yellow lever to the left and the bar will sit. But at this point i'm unable to 'lock it' and the bar can be easily lifted out/up. Am I missing something obvious?

2. After finishing a game, the prompt to save scores or 'skip' come up - is there a way to disable that?

3. What pitch do you recommend? 6.5? (standard?)

Thanks!

#3823 1 year ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Hey all - a couple of noob questions -
1. Having trouble resecuring the bar that secure's the glass - if I tighten the two gold screws, I can't get the bar to fit. If i loosen them, the bar fits and I can pull the yellow lever to the left and the bar will sit. But at this point i'm unable to 'lock it' and the bar can be easily lifted out/up. Am I missing something obvious?
2. After finishing a game, the prompt to save scores or 'skip' come up - is there a way to disable that?
3. What pitch do you recommend? 6.5? (standard?)
Thanks!

1. Will need some fiddling to get it properly. It’s a standard BW lockbar mechanism.
2. Play worse so no high score is reached
3. 6.5 degrees

#3824 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

1. Will need some fiddling to get it properly. It’s a standard BW lockbar mechanism.

Thanks very much sir Rensh - help me out a little more if you could - should the golden 'screws' be tight or, potentially a bit loose? Seems if they are tight I can't get the bar in.

#3825 1 year ago
Quoted from ray-dude:While I impatiently wait for my TBL, I wanted to start working on my DIY topper to distract myself. Could someone take a measurement of the top their back box for me? Thank you in advance!

Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

28-3/4" W x 9-3/4" D

OK, about to start cutting wood panels for my TBL topper. In the spirit of "measure twice, cut once" (without having yet received my TBL, and with thanks to Tuna_Delight for the first measurement), does TBL have a standard Bally Williams backbox? Same dimensions, and with protruding screws at the same points on the top of the head? (attached photo from my TNG)

I really should wait for my TBL to get here before putting a topper together, but almost all my parts are here and I can't resist jumping in

Thank you!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3826 1 year ago

Hey all - looks like I'm getting an error with "Bowling"

Any leads on what to do? I dont think I've triggered the bowling mode yet

Thanks

image0 (6) (resized).jpegimage0 (6) (resized).jpeg
#3827 1 year ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Hey all - looks like I'm getting an error with "Bowling"
Any leads on what to do? I dont think I've triggered the bowling mode yet
Thanks[quoted image]

Trigger the bowling mode and they should go away.

#3828 1 year ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

OK, about to start cutting wood panels for my TBL topper. In the spirit of "measure twice, cut once" (without having yet received my TBL, and with thanks to Tuna_Delight for the first measurement), does TBL have a standard Bally Williams backbox? Same dimensions, and with protruding screws at the same points on the top of the head? (attached photo from my TNG)
I really should wait for my TBL to get here before putting a topper together, but almost all my parts are here and I can't resist jumping in
Thank you![quoted image]

No screws on top. 25x73 centimeters

#3829 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

No screws on top. 25x73 centimeters

Dankjewel!

#3830 1 year ago
Quoted from CALencio:

Hey Everyone! Been lurking this thread for years and following the machine since ~2013/14. Finally had the guts to buy one and its delivered! I was first talking with Melissa starting probably 2 years ago and then delayed delivery for the fix for the lower playing field update, its been a wait to say the least.
Anyways, Dudes:
Does anyone know where I can find a service or pinball specific help to get my machine upstairs? its still in the box and I'm a little afraid of using a company that moves heavy objects like Safes or something because this is a big more fragile. I saw on the thread that someone did it but it looks like they disassembled quite a bit to make it work that I'm not experienced enough to do. I have larger stairwell and big doors all the way up.
Any ideas? I live in the East Bay, CA.
Chris

Ok, someone help me out here. I paid for this game in June 2015 - have a “true serial number of 93”. How is it that I can’t even get an email back about where my game is or where I am in line? Can anyone tell me how fast games are being completed and when I could expect mine? Where are they with getting out the original preorders? It’s been seven years and people are ordering games and getting them months later. Where can I get info on what I paid for years and years ago?

#3831 1 year ago
Quoted from Euchrid:

Ok, someone help me out here. I paid for this game in June 2015 - have a “true serial number of 93”. How is it that I can’t even get an email back about where my game is or where I am in line? Can anyone tell me how fast games are being completed and when I could expect mine? Where are they with getting out the original preorders? It’s been seven years and people are ordering games and getting them months later. Where can I get info on what I paid for years and years ago?

Whom did you email? Try [email protected]

For the rest, they are I think now moving up towards EA90 so not to long anymore is my idea.

#3832 1 year ago

SDTM reviewed TS4 and see where it ended? Direct on top of our beloved TBL

Disclaimer: haven’t played TS4 yet

When it comes to theme integration of the best of the series (imagine tbl would be about sequal Jesus rolls ) and mechs (a jump ramp and an iPad versus a bash moving rug toy, a cartoy in a bowling building on an upper playfield and a real bowling mechanism for god sake) and Creedence Clearwater type music (again, not played ts4 but the music I hear on the movies from people playing it already drive me crazy), really?? TS4 tops TBL?? Come on.

You can discuss the software I guess but TBL is designed to bring back memories in a BW style pin and than rules are not JJP complex. And upcoming 1.00 release will kick up this quite a few notches I can assure you. Not in complexity but for making it truely feel complete and putting smiles in your face while playing.

Yes, I am biased but still …. Hope to play TS4 soon and will make up my own mind.

Any people here having tbl and ts4 and care to comment? And yes, it’s all subjective.

D12B1185-0545-45FA-83AA-D2DD875A388D (resized).jpegD12B1185-0545-45FA-83AA-D2DD875A388D (resized).jpeg
#3833 1 year ago

TS4 is in no way close to TBL. WOZ ahead of it is seriously laughable.

#3834 1 year ago

Well i hope so as I have a TS4 for sale. I have a TBL coming and for them even being compared is scary for me.

#3835 1 year ago

There’s no comparison. Nothing to worry about.

#3836 1 year ago

That"s what i want to here. Now i can go back to listening to my CCR.

#3837 1 year ago

TS4 shoots like butter and is a fun game. It is no way comparable to the theme integration and craftsmanship that went into TBL. I’ve owned all JJP games for a time and do not regret getting rid of a few to change the lineup. JJP code is pretty incredible from the onset (for most releases). The code update for TBL will put this already awesome game into another league entirely.

I’m really hoping Dutch has another game in the pipeline after 1.0. If it shows a modicum of the passion that went into TBL, we will be in for a treat. Let’s get a second line going! TBL and Matrix? TBL and ? I’m in for whatever is next.

Go Dutch!

#3838 1 year ago

didn't they just come out with Queen

#3839 1 year ago
Quoted from ripit:

didn't they just come out with Queen

Seriously?? That’s Pinball Brothers, the makers of Alien.

#3840 1 year ago

I'm really enjoying TS4. I think theme integration is great and that JJP did a great job on it. It shoots like butter and has some great combos. I don't mind the ipad as it just covers up a couple ramp/shots that would otherwise be exposed.

TBL is great everyone already knows that. I have actually never thought of them being in competition together. I enjoy the pins next to each other. What TBL does well is customer service. My past interactions with JJP have been garbage and left me never wanting another JJP again. My wife and daughter had to have TS4 and I don't regret it.

Sum it up both great pins and both enjoyable to play but I wouldn't compare the two and well that's just my opinion man.

#3841 1 year ago

Once you get 1.0 code then everyone needs to update their pinside ranking and maybe you will be towards the top. A lot of the negatives were code so that should help.

#3842 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

TS4 shoots like butter and is a fun game. It is no way comparable to the theme integration and craftsmanship that went into TBL. I’ve owned all JJP games for a time and do not regret getting rid of a few to change the lineup. JJP code is pretty incredible from the onset (for most releases). The code update for TBL will put this already awesome game into another league entirely.
I’m really hoping Dutch has another game in the pipeline after 1.0. If it shows a modicum of the passion that went into TBL, we will be in for a treat. Let’s get a second line going! TBL and Matrix? TBL and ? I’m in for whatever is next.
Go Dutch!

My vote is Matrix!

#3843 1 year ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

My vote is Matrix!

Let me tell you a secret: next is Matrix the resurrection

Just kidding

#3844 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Seriously?? That’s Pinball Brothers, the makers of Alien.

Alien REMAKE, please !

Yes, they are doing Queen right now. And the playfield looks terrible.

#3845 1 year ago

Gameplay / potential issue question:

Is there any particular reason the lower flippers would become completely unresponsive during "The Dude" 3-lock Multiball? Seemed timed after a ball was drained, so not sure if this is a game play intentional behavior. They recovered at the tail end of the multi-ball mode, but just a little weird. Felt like the same way the upper playfield flipper is disabled on certain modes (ex: "See what happens").

Thanks,

#3846 1 year ago

Just joined the club! Only got to put one game on before heading back to work, but man is it awesome. Need to adjust a few lane switches (or maybe increase the slope of the game) but plays really well. Preorder 8/25/21, payment 6/14, delivery 8/10.

ACA61288-BF06-450A-A95E-9FE2133B58F8 (resized).jpegACA61288-BF06-450A-A95E-9FE2133B58F8 (resized).jpeg
#3847 1 year ago
Quoted from Selig:

Just joined the club! Only got to put one game on before heading back to work, but man is it awesome. Need to adjust a few lane switches (or maybe increase the slope of the game) but plays really well. Preorder 8/25/21, payment 6/14, delivery 8/10.
[quoted image]

Congrats!! Hopefully those of us that put down a deposit in July 21 and before get our machines soon.

#3848 1 year ago
Quoted from PDX-Mike:

Congrats!! Hopefully those of us that put down a deposit in July 21 and before get our machines soon.

Oh man, I assumed they were all caught up to Aug. I wonder if it was the lit apron that got it shipped faster?

#3849 1 year ago
Quoted from Selig:

Oh man, I assumed they were all caught up to Aug. I wonder if it was the lit apron that got it shipped faster?

In the pre order thread there is a few people that are still waiting prior to my deposit which was 7-14-21, invoice paid 6-14-22.

#3850 1 year ago

My machine arrived as well. Preordered 7/24/21- Arrived 8/8/22. Haven’t set it up yet but I took the main outer box off to inspect and am happy to say everything looks good. This thing was packaged very well- lots of cardboard bracing. Fingers crossed that there are no major bugs!

4EC071EB-8EC5-4D72-977E-1320E39FAD50 (resized).jpeg4EC071EB-8EC5-4D72-977E-1320E39FAD50 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 22.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,286 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/77?hl=dkjimbo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.