IMG_20240423_132641615 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240423_132359275 (resized).jpg
IMG_5894 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5893 (resized).jpeg
735513270 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,312 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 147.
#3751 1 year ago

Looks awesome! I'm really glad you like it!!

Quoted from jyeakley:

This launcher mod is sweet! Thanks Mneubey!
[quoted image]

#3752 1 year ago
Quoted from Mneubey:

Looks awesome! I'm really glad you like it!!

Any idea if making more in next 6 months before my games delivered? Don’t like the orange ones. I’m on your list.

#3753 1 year ago

beltking just beat me to my question. I’m in for one if another batch.

#3754 1 year ago

I love the ball mod as well. I should have mine tomorrow. Wondering if I can integrate lights in to the holes of the ball.

#3755 1 year ago

Hey guys, for sure. These are actually going pretty fast - more like a week or so I should be caught up

#3756 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

This mail is a mystery to me. License is secured for at least 2021 and 2022.

Saw this old post while searching for some other nuggets. Do we know if the license is secured through 2023 as well?

#3757 1 year ago

In before the lock!!

#3758 1 year ago

Any chance Dutch will release an official topper? Maybe something interactive?

Something with the main feature being a Folgers Coffee can with a mini fan in it that tilts down to blow air at the player?

The Stranger sitting at the bar tying into the narration of the game?

The Nhilists running at you with scissors?

???

#3759 1 year ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

Saw this old post while searching for some other nuggets. Do we know if the license is secured through 2023 as well?

No worries, is secured till at least end 2023

#3760 1 year ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Something with the main feature being a Folgers Coffee can with a mini fan in it that tilts down to blow air at the player?
???

Nothing beats some own creativity and some-home-made topper creation! Grab some shoes, a Folgers can, a few pins, ledstrip and a hot glue pistol and there it is! (did I mention the TDK CCR tape?)

Topper (resized).jpgTopper (resized).jpg
#3761 1 year ago
Quoted from thewool:

I can't see this question being asked in the thread but apologies if it's a repeat.
I played TBL last week for the first time and LOVED it. That wasn't a total surprise as it's my #1 movie of all time, but the design of the game and theme integration blew me away. The game felt old school with nice mechs, the modes seemed fun with a cool upper and lower pf. I hear that more code is coming so the game can only get better.
Before last week my next pin was intended to be Godzilla but now my heart is leaning towards TBL. GZ also has excellent theme integration, good flow with some super sweet code.
My question... are there any owners that possess both GZ and TBL? I was just wondering which one you suggest and why? Cheers.

Very difficult question to answer. I have to say that Godzilla is my favorite pin and I wasn't really a fan of the movies. TBL is probably my favorite movie of all time or at least top 5. I give the nod to Godzilla because I never have any issues with it (TBL had a ton of tweaks needed) and the code is more complete. Obviously that could change as new updates are made and as the builds improve.

#3762 1 year ago

I have a GZ LE.....had it for a while now... I haven't played it nearly as much as TBL which I have had it less than 2 weeks. But everyone is different...

#3763 1 year ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

I like Laseriffic's topper.

20220701_125419 (resized).jpg20220701_125419 (resized).jpg

#3764 1 year ago
Quoted from Joost996me:

Nothing beats some own creativity and some-home-made topper creation! Grab some shoes, a Folgers can, a few pins, ledstrip and a hot glue pistol and there it is! (did I mention the TDK CCR tape?)
[quoted image]

Looks cool I’ll prob make this. Just paid $90 for a legit vintage Folgers can with blue lid. What are those bowling shoes?

#3765 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I like Laseriffic's topper.
[quoted image]

I saw that too, and I like it. Even being in California and a 420 friendly house, but like it was mentioned over in the Preorder thread, the weed leaves aren’t as subtle as the dick and balls. We host high school sport team dinners, have my son’s 4th grade friends over. Sometimes it’s not good to mix business with pleasure even with the Little Acheivers

I do like this one and it’s price though. Maybe if there were a version that replaced the weed leaves with the old school star bursts of the lit apron.

#3766 1 year ago

Hey Everyone! Been lurking this thread for years and following the machine since ~2013/14. Finally had the guts to buy one and its delivered! I was first talking with Melissa starting probably 2 years ago and then delayed delivery for the fix for the lower playing field update, its been a wait to say the least.

Anyways, Dudes:

Does anyone know where I can find a service or pinball specific help to get my machine upstairs? its still in the box and I'm a little afraid of using a company that moves heavy objects like Safes or something because this is a big more fragile. I saw on the thread that someone did it but it looks like they disassembled quite a bit to make it work that I'm not experienced enough to do. I have larger stairwell and big doors all the way up.

Any ideas? I live in the East Bay, CA.

Chris

#3767 1 year ago
Quoted from CALencio:

Hey Everyone! Been lurking this thread for years and following the machine since ~2013/14. Finally had the guts to buy one and its delivered! I was first talking with Melissa starting probably 2 years ago and then delayed delivery for the fix for the lower playing field update, its been a wait to say the least.
Anyways, Dudes:
Does anyone know where I can find a service or pinball specific help to get my machine upstairs? its still in the box and I'm a little afraid of using a company that moves heavy objects like Safes or something because this is a big more fragile. I saw on the thread that someone did it but it looks like they disassembled quite a bit to make it work that I'm not experienced enough to do. I have larger stairwell and big doors all the way up.
Any ideas? I live in the East Bay, CA.
Chris

Welcome to the club. Will depend on your exact situation and how tight things are. Will it go up without taking it apart? If you have to pull it apart, you'll want someone with some experience with taking them apart/putting back together if you don't feel comfortable with that. One experienced person, a few friends and some beer.....

#3768 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Welcome to the club. Will depend on your exact situation and how tight things are. Will it go up without taking it apart? If you have to pull it apart, you'll want someone with some experience with taking them apart/putting back together if you don't feel comfortable with that. One experienced person, a few friends and some beer.....

It's a pretty clear path, stairwell is wide, may need to be lifted above the hand rail to make the turn which would require leg removal.

Or the machine could just be kept folded up as its shipped and brought up without issue? I think 4 people could do it up the stairwell. The rest is easy. Big wide doors.

I live in Alameda, CA

#3769 1 year ago

Maybe you can take it up in the box on a hand truck or escalera. That would be best. Otherwise unbox it and take it up on the hand truck. You wouldn't want to take it up legs on.

#3770 1 year ago
Quoted from CALencio:

You don't need to be worried about fragile. As long as you don't knock it over or drop it more than 6" you're not going to hurt it. As long as you have the width for the headbox to make it up and clearance to make any turns.. just unbox the game, but leave head folded, and use an appliance cart with a friend.

It's easier to move out of the box than in... and slightly lighter. A normal full height appliance cart you can get from Harbor Freight or equivalent for <$80 or rent. Hire some laborers if you can't do it yourself with a friend. Two people helps.

#3771 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Looks cool I’ll prob make this. Just paid $90 for a legit vintage Folgers can with blue lid. What are those bowling shoes?

Just old shoes I had for years, think they are ex Sadams' rentals...

#3772 1 year ago
Quoted from CALencio:

It's a pretty clear path, stairwell is wide, may need to be lifted above the hand rail to make the turn which would require leg removal.
Or the machine could just be kept folded up as its shipped and brought up without issue? I think 4 people could do it up the stairwell. The rest is easy. Big wide doors.
I live in Alameda, CA

I've lifted quite a few pins up a set of stairs and I did it twice solo. I'm not a strong guy. When I have a second person below the game just constantly pushing on it the venture is 10x easier. That's all I ever needed. It's only 300-350 pounds or so and most of that weight is on the downward vector.

I would take the pin out of the box and off of the pallet, fix it to a furniture dolly, ask a second person for help by pushing on the bottom of the game as I go up, and that would do it. It's easier than you think.

Don't use a big wheeled dolly. Just use a normal one.

Screen Shot 2022-07-29 at 3.02.18 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-07-29 at 3.02.18 PM (resized).png

#3773 1 year ago

I would add to strap your game on the appliance dolly to keep it from moving around. The strap is really helpful on these dollys.

Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

I've lifted quite a few pins up a set of stairs and I did it twice solo. I'm not a strong guy. When I have a second person below the game just constantly pushing on it the venture is 10x easier. That's all I ever needed. It's only 300-350 pounds or so and most of that weight is on the downward vector.
I would take the pin out of the box and off of the pallet, fix it to a furniture dolly, ask a second person for help by pushing on the bottom of the game as I go up, and that would do it. It's easier than you think.
Don't use a big wheeled dolly. Just use a normal one.
[quoted image]

#3774 1 year ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

... the weed leaves aren’t as subtle as the dick and balls. We host high school sport team dinners, have my son’s 4th grade friends over. Sometimes it’s not good to mix business with pleasure even with the Little Acheivers ...

Ah well. I guess no "doobie mod" inside your TBL either then.

I'm fortunate to primarily host adults and my gameroom is set up as an adult environment. Full swearing on all games when available and no concerns with decor as long as reasonably tasteful.

#3775 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Ah well. I guess no "doobie mod" inside your TBL either then.
I'm fortunate to primarily host adults and my gameroom is set up as an adult environment. Full swearing on all games when available and no concerns with decor as long as reasonably tasteful.

Oh, I got the doobie mod ready to go. It’s a bit more subtle.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3776 1 year ago

Anyone received a NIB recently? Paid my invoice June 14 and haven’t heard anything yet.

#3777 1 year ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Oh, I got the doobie mod ready to go. It’s a bit more subtle.

Right on Dude - it's a must mod for me!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dp-usa-refund-still-want-the-game/page/72#post-2261681

#3778 1 year ago
Quoted from Selig:

Anyone received a NIB recently? Paid my invoice June 14 and haven’t heard anything yet.

me- after I paid it took some time. fairly certain I paid in may and it showed up a week ago

#3779 1 year ago
Quoted from Selig:

I ordered a week ago and called Cointaker yesterday just to confirm I'm in the slot and all good. She said they were pumping out games quicker now so hopefully 10 months or less now.

#3780 1 year ago
Quoted from Selig:

Paid my invoice 5/4/22, received machine 7/19/22

#3781 1 year ago
Quoted from SaintJB:

Paid my invoice 5/4/22, received machine 7/19/22

You mean 2021 probably. They cut the wait down now.

#3782 1 year ago

Just got the legit vintage bowling shoes he wore in the movie, his exact size 11’s plus the coffee can so now just need a good set of Brunswick bowling pins to create a topper. $150 so far. Better than a $750 topper. They are Eagle ll red and green with black laces.

E62ECAE4-D9AF-400F-B207-ABA36F7AD9E6 (resized).pngE62ECAE4-D9AF-400F-B207-ABA36F7AD9E6 (resized).png
#3783 1 year ago

I ordered a case of bowling pins several months ago. Apparently there was a global supply chain issue for new bowling pins (who knew) so the local distributor said August. I’ll only need three for my topper and am happy to share the rest when they get here (I’ll post when available)

#3784 1 year ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

I ordered a case of bowling pins several months ago. Apparently there was a global supply chain issue for new bowling pins (who knew) so the local distributor said August. I’ll only need three for my topper and am happy to share the rest when they get here (I’ll post when available)

If they are the usual Brunswick Max pins I will buy 2 off of you.

#3785 1 year ago

Must have mods by cpr9999 Ive also got the decal set and ramp clip by him. Instructional videos make it fool proof. Threw an extra wrap on to make it a fatty.

8865E88F-066E-45CA-8651-FD675385FEA7 (resized).jpeg8865E88F-066E-45CA-8651-FD675385FEA7 (resized).jpegC1A343C4-8653-4647-8D84-2463824D6EA0 (resized).jpegC1A343C4-8653-4647-8D84-2463824D6EA0 (resized).jpeg
#3786 1 year ago

Random but TBL mod related question...

Anyone know of a place, perhaps in Seattle / WA state, or even an online service that will do ad hoc "pad printing" onto a pinball?

I have a couple colored, kevlar coated 'glo-balls' that I want to make look like actual Brunswick bowling balls (for use as the TBL alley ball of course).

I'm told from another company who does laser etching that such a process wouldn't work. They advised "pad printing" instead. So I'm just trying to find a place I could pay to send the 2 glo-balls to to pad print a logo + finger holes in white. I have a vector images. I've looked into getting custom stencils made from them which I could then use to paint the balls myself. However, given how small the printed 'images' would need to be (like 0.5 inches), I think that would be riddled with human error in the end. Plus a clearcoat would need to be applied I think. I know I could spend like $300+ to buy a manual pad printer and DIY, but just want these 2 balls painted/printed. Appreciate any insight!

#3787 1 year ago

Big shout out to Mneubey for the awesome red launch button. Jesus would approve man

IMG_5099 (resized).jpgIMG_5099 (resized).jpg
#3788 1 year ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

Interested in two maybe three if red crown max.

#3789 1 year ago

Didn’t Jesus have a purple ball?

Either way, he’s still a pervert. 8 years olds Dude.

#3790 1 year ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Random but TBL mod related question...
Anyone know of a place, perhaps in Seattle / WA state, or even an online service that will do ad hoc "pad printing" onto a pinball?
I have a couple colored, kevlar coated 'glo-balls' that I want to make look like actual Brunswick bowling balls (for use as the TBL alley ball of course).
I'm told from another company who does laser etching that such a process wouldn't work. They advised "pad printing" instead. So I'm just trying to find a place I could pay to send the 2 glo-balls to to pad print a logo + finger holes in white. I have a vector images. I've looked into getting custom stencils made from them which I could then use to paint the balls myself. However, given how small the printed 'images' would need to be (like 0.5 inches), I think that would be riddled with human error in the end. Plus a clearcoat would need to be applied I think. I know I could spend like $300+ to buy a manual pad printer and DIY, but just want these 2 balls painted/printed. Appreciate any insight!

I just wanted to make the ball in the bowling alley look different, so tempering the steel up to approx. 540 °F worked fine for me to get a purple surface. Maybe worth a try at low costs!?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tempering_(metallurgy)

#3791 1 year ago
Quoted from DrBernd:

I just wanted to make the ball in the bowling alley look different, so tempering the steel up to approx. 540 °F worked fine for me to get a purple surface. Maybe worth a try at low costs!?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tempering_(metallurgy)

Thanks for the tip, looks interesting! However, like I mentioned I already have 2 colored "glo-balls" So what I'm looking for is help with applying the white Brunswick logo + pseudo-finger holes images onto their surface.

#3792 1 year ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Thanks for the tip, looks interesting! However, like I mentioned I already have 2 colored "glo-balls" So what I'm looking for is help with applying the white Brunswick logo + pseudo-finger holes images onto their surface.

Sure it’s not the exact same idea but for less than one globall you can get 4 of these and use both the balls and pins, just print the Brunswick logo on clear stickers. If your guests complain how they look then they need another caucasion.

09F92CE7-8047-4356-80D0-976E983715CA (resized).jpeg09F92CE7-8047-4356-80D0-976E983715CA (resized).jpeg
#3793 1 year ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Sure it’s not the exact same idea but for less than one globall you can get 4 of these and use both the balls and pins, just print the Brunswick logo on clear stickers. If your guests complain how they look then they need another caucasion.[quoted image]

That's where I'm going as well (have a box full of these waiting on my TBL). Does anyone have vector art for the Brunswick logo for the pins and balls? (keep me distracted while waiting on the last parts for my DIY topper

#3794 1 year ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Sure it’s not the exact same idea but for less than one globall you can get 4 of these and use both the balls and pins, just print the Brunswick logo on clear stickers. If your guests complain how they look then they need another caucasion.[quoted image]

You can't use those keychain balls as a replacement ball for the bowling alley since they're not pinballs, right? I'm not trying to break my TBL. Plus I don't have printer that prints white ink. Even if I could, trying a sticker would be a bad option IMO. It would potentially peel off and become a break to the mechanics.

#3795 1 year ago
Quoted from timlah79:

You can't use those keychain balls as a replacement ball for the bowling alley since they're not pinballs, right? I'm not trying to break my TBL. Plus I don't have printer that prints white ink. Even if I could, trying a sticker would be a bad option IMO. It would potentially peel off and become a break to the mechanics.

They are decor for the left ramp bowling ball holder.

#3796 1 year ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

I use these as a keychain for the key in the coin door

#3797 1 year ago

My Lebowski shoes came in. Vintage for topper.

30D924F9-5885-47BF-A22A-168A857BC173 (resized).jpeg30D924F9-5885-47BF-A22A-168A857BC173 (resized).jpeg
#3798 1 year ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Quoted from timlah79:

Plus I don't have printer that prints white ink. Even if I could, trying a sticker would be a bad option IMO. It would potentially peel off and become a break to the mechanics.

Thought I would chime in on this conversation.

This is exactly what I did, with a couple of variations. I ordered those same keychains with the intention of using a couple of them for the ball return. I also wanted to put the Brunswick script and logo on them to make them look a bit more authentic. I found the script and logo through a Google search, and used Photoshop to outline them in black, size them to scale, and make duplicates. I then printed them on white water-slide decal paper that is compatible with inkjet printers, afterwhich I let them dry and then coated them with Kryon UV Glosscoat. After drying for another day, I cut the decals as close as I could to the logos and applied them to each ball, using a decal setting soloution in order to make the decal grab onto the ball and conform to its shape. I let them set for another day, and I noticed that when they dried, the edges of the decal had some white from where I cut them, so I went over the edges carefully with a black extra-fine Sharpie to make it blend in a bit better. I then dipped them into some Pledge Floor Care (used to be called Future; it's an acrylic, and not too certain it's still available?) using the screw eyes that came with the keychains and holding those with some small clamps from Harbor Freight. I let them dry with the clamps still holding them, and they were good to go.

Mind you, I had all of this material on hand already, as another of my hobbies is scale modelling, so I'm not certain that this would be cost effective to buy everything. Just thought I would share what I did.

#3799 1 year ago

Hello, I finally have the machine set up, but the scoop isn't shooting the ball out correctly. Maybe only happens 10% of the time. The other 90% I have to wait until the machine cycles to shoot it out. Its like a sensor isn't registering the ball? Anyways, I have a couple other questions about the machine and I was hoping I could talk over the phone/FaceTime with someone to get some help. Anyone interested in DMing me their number so we can talk pinball? I'm an urban achiever and this is my first machine, so I want to make sure I set this thing up correctly and work out this issue.

#3800 1 year ago

You’re a brave person with TBL being your first pin. But who am I to judge, I dove in the deep end with TZ being my first pin. After having that pin, I’m a lot less intimidated now popping the hood on other pins.

If you don’t have a multimeter, a handy tool to have for pin ownership.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
15,000 (OBO)
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 22.50
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 7,312 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 147.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/76?hl=arcadebar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.