TBL Brown 1 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 1 (resized).jpg
Photo Apr 19 2024, 8 52 09 AM (resized).jpg
Photo Apr 19 2024, 8 52 46 AM (resized).jpg
Photo Apr 19 2024, 8 56 12 AM (resized).jpg
IMG_3236 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1010 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,301 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 147.
#3651 1 year ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Installed my 3d printed limiter plastics today. Could not have been any easier. 30 minutes. I left the wire ties intact as well. Just roll the mech up and lay ontop the others. Pop the plunger out..slide on the limiter..pop the plunger back in. 4 screws in and you’re done.
[quoted image]

What material?

#3652 1 year ago

Whatever the standard 3d printer material is. It’s like a hard plastic. Works great. A buddy did them for me.

#3653 1 year ago

Been testing a new beta release 1.00 software. Programmer Koen is really bringing TBL together . This ofcourse with the help of people making the video and audio assets. New callouts from the Stranger have been recorded .

Small teaser of the start of the Final wizzard. Music during wizzard to be changed.
Slowly but surely progress is made

#3654 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Been testing a new beta release 1.00 software. Programmer Koen is really bringing TBL together . This ofcourse with the help of people making the video and audio assets. New callouts from the Stranger have been recorded .
Small teaser of the start of the Final wizzard. Music during wizzard to be changed.

That's awesome.

Is it going to be programmed like a Stern so that you can play the wizard mode right away if you want? I only ask because I see "ball one" on the screen as if it's the first thing being played.

#3655 1 year ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

That's awesome.
Is it going to be programmed like a Stern so that you can play the wizard mode right away if you want? I only ask because I see "ball one" on the screen as if it's the first thing being played.

For beta testing purposes this is indeed possible. If this possibility will make final version, not decided yet.

#3656 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

For beta testing purposes this is indeed possible. If this possibility will make final version, not decided yet.

That would be cool as that's the only way I'll probably get to see The Dude Abides final wizard mode.

I think the most modes I've completed in a single game is three. I tend to focus on the Mark it Zero mode as it earns an extra ball, but hitting the saucer can often be a huge challenge for me unless I'm in a groove with my right flipper tip shots.

LOVE the game nonetheless, and I'm really looking forward to Koen's/DP's final code masterpiece!

#3657 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

That would be cool as that's the only way I'll probably get to see The Dude Abides final wizard mode.
I think the most modes I've completed in a single game is three. I tend to focus on the Mark it Zero mode as it earns an extra ball, but hitting the saucer can often be a huge challenge for me unless I'm in a groove with my right flipper tip shots.
LOVE the game nonetheless, and I'm really looking forward to Koen's/DP's final code masterpiece!

It has been made easier to reach all the goals eg not needed to be a true pinball god to ever see it. But, the challenge is ofcourse not to make it to easy also as that takes away part of the fun to. You must still feel kind of special when you reach it.

There are settings which you can play with to make it easier or more difficult.

#3658 1 year ago

are they adding mini wizard modes for each of the steps to progress to the final? like all car modes has a bonus mode, or all balls completed, or all rug modes completed. Give some short term wizards to feel satisfied for those of us who will probably never chop enough wood to make it to final wizard.

#3659 1 year ago

Totally agree with this...would be easy to implement and a lot of fun to offer it up almost like a challenge mode selectable upon game start!

#3660 1 year ago

Unsolicited feedback (which everyone loves...)

It'd be great if the code was a little deeper. Collecting 100 spinner spins gives you "Bunny Multiball" or a combination of X spins, Y ramps and Z pops gives you "Jackie Treehorn's Mansion Multiball" or whatever.

Just something else so there's more to shoot for at times.

#3661 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Great work. Can't wait to see the new update! I've only ever gotten 3 modes qualified in a single game. I agree. It’d be Awesome to have a multiball or mini wizard mode for for each mode completed (JJP POTC) so there are rewards accessible for each step we take towards the final wizard mode.

#3662 1 year ago

Unsolicited feedback (which everyone loves...)
It'd be great if the code was a little deeper. Collecting 100 spinner spins gives you "Bunny Multiball" or a combination of X spins, Y ramps and Z pops gives you "Jackie Treehorn's Mansion Multiball" or whatever.
Just something else so there's more to shoot for at times.

I concur. Some timed hurry ups, different recognized combos ( dude ramp to Jesus, dude ramp to Jesus to mpf loop. etc) loop champion, maybe a reward for perfect bowling game (all characters awarded on first bowling ball thrown).

Possibilities are endless with this game. Love to hear some ideas from the rest of the owners or soon to be owners.

#3663 1 year ago

So I got impatient (my issue) and ordered a new PSU myself from Amazon (identical PSU) and plugged it in. I am back up and running! I figure the one coming under warranty will be a backup in case this would ever happen again.

Question on music replacement. Does anyone have instructions for the newer builds? When I press esc or even ctrl + esc, it either reloads the pin application or goes to a black screen (I am unable to do anything - tried alt+tab, ctrl+alt+t..nothing)

#3664 1 year ago

If I hit ctrl+alt+f6 I get the following

43D2F5E0-A33B-403D-AA70-848FEA0AADEC (resized).jpeg43D2F5E0-A33B-403D-AA70-848FEA0AADEC (resized).jpeg
#3665 1 year ago

You should really write this in the maintenance thread so it's all in one place. Plus, someone there may have already written your answer in a previous reply.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-lotta-ins-a-lotta-outs-tbl-maintenance-thread/page/26#post-7016665

#3666 1 year ago

So I’m about to ask a really stupid question…. I just picked up a TBL today. Was used so I’m going through it all. Was in a bright lit room when I went and picked it up so didn’t think anything of this.

But, how do you adjust the brightness for the backglass? Either mine doesn’t work, or it’s completely turned down. It’s plugged in I checked lol
Thank you in advance

#3667 1 year ago

make sure the block plug is plugged in correctly.

#3668 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

make sure the block plug is plugged in correctly.

I believe I do. Though will double check

#3669 1 year ago
Quoted from Hangry:

So I’m about to ask a really stupid question…. I just picked up a TBL today. Was used so I’m going through it all. Was in a bright lit room when I went and picked it up so didn’t think anything of this.
But, how do you adjust the brightness for the backglass? Either mine doesn’t work, or it’s completely turned down. It’s plugged in I checked lol
Thank you in advance

There is no adjustment feature. It operates on 12VDC. Don’t think there is a higher voltage available in the backbox so it is what it is. You could see how much current it needs and put a led controller in it which can handle enough current. Than you can dim it I guess.

#3670 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Looking good! Nice work guys! Can't wait to play it!

#3671 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

There is no adjustment feature. It operates on 12VDC. Don’t think there is a higher voltage available in the backbox so it is what it is. You could see how much current it needs and put a led controller in it which can handle enough current. Than you can dim it I guess.

It seems to be connected properly, and mine doesn’t light up. The dimming question was more of hoping the setting was super low and not out like it seems to be

#3672 1 year ago

Check if the connection you hooked it up to is carrying 12V.

PS for sure is making 12V as otherwise your tbl wouldn’t boot at all.

#3673 1 year ago

Hey dudes. Question for you all. Tonight I had some friends over and Lebowski was having an odd upper flipper issue. The upper flipper would sporadically just not work in gameplay. I did go into the test menu and flipper button switch would register perfectly fine. I also tested the solenoid, and it seemed fine as well. I would love some help if anyone else has experienced this. It was almost like with consistent gameplay the coil would just stop working?
Cheers, thanks for the help.

#3674 1 year ago

On some of the modes the upper flipper dies. Think after you bash the car once it dies so you have to make the ramp/VUK again to make another hit

#3675 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Check if the connection you hooked it up to is carrying 12V.
PS for sure is making 12V as otherwise your tbl wouldn’t boot at all.

So I haven’t tested the power to the other connections, but, I unplugged the backglass, unplugged the screen and connected the backglass to where the screen was plugged in and it lit up.

Does anyone have a pic of how theirs is connected? Wana make sure I got stuff hooked up like I should.

#3676 1 year ago
Quoted from Hangry:

So I haven’t tested the power to the other connections, but, I unplugged the backglass, unplugged the screen and connected the backglass to where the screen was plugged in and it lit up.
Does anyone have a pic of how theirs is connected? Wana make sure I got stuff hooked up like I should.

This is with me the connection the translite is hooked up to. The connector you seeing the translite. The other one is a spare

9F748904-A5C3-4DF4-87D0-9D91A9C33F50 (resized).jpeg9F748904-A5C3-4DF4-87D0-9D91A9C33F50 (resized).jpeg
#3677 1 year ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Hey dudes. Question for you all. Tonight I had some friends over and Lebowski was having an odd upper flipper issue. The upper flipper would sporadically just not work in gameplay. I did go into the test menu and flipper button switch would register perfectly fine. I also tested the solenoid, and it seemed fine as well. I would love some help if anyone else has experienced this. It was almost like with consistent gameplay the coil would just stop working?

is the switch working that lets the game know it's in the upper playfield?

In the 3rd car mode. You only get 1 hit on the car per try and it cuts the flipper
In rug mode, "see what happens". you only get 1 hit on the car, per time it's in the upper field.

#3678 1 year ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Two things:

1) This is the club thread. You should post this stuff to the maintenance thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-lotta-ins-a-lotta-outs-tbl-maintenance-thread

2) I'm not next to my game right now, but I'm fairly certain the fight flipper is a double-switch mechanism. Make sure when you press the flipper that the leafs on the switch are lined up properly, and that they make good solid contact (not just barely connecting). If that all looks good, take some isopropyl alcohol and clean it with a q tip.

#3679 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

On some of the modes the upper flipper dies. Think after you bash the car once it dies so you have to make the ramp/VUK again to make another hit

That is intentional

#3680 1 year ago

Is the playfield able to be removed relatively easily? I am looking to do a side art install and want to minimize challenges

#3681 1 year ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Is the playfield able to be removed relatively easily? I am looking to do a side art install and want to minimize challenges

You shouldn't have to do that. I flip the playfield vertically, shift it as close to the opposite side of where I'm installing the art blade, and then use the wet method with some soapy water. I've never had to remove the playfield. It also helps to have an extra set of hands

#3682 1 year ago

Question for those who have updated the music. Are there any updated instructions on how to access Ubuntu? I am running .57 and when I connect the keyboard and the mouse and press Esc. It shows "Loading" on screen for a few seconds and then goes back to normal screen. Any Help greatly appreciate it.
Thanks in advance.

#3683 1 year ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

I agree with per3per3, but just for the sake of answering the question:

Take off the garage roof. One screw in the back, 3 screws on the top, 4 on the ramp and that's it. Comes off very easily.

#3684 1 year ago

I agree with per3per3, but just for the sake of answering the question:
Take off the garage roof. One screw in the back, 3 screws on the top, 4 on the ramp and that's it. Comes off very easily.

I think he doesn’t mean the MPF but the main playfield taking as a whole out of the cabinet. It uses same construction as WPC cabinets.

#3685 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

I think he doesn’t mean the MPF but the main playfield taking as a whole out of the cabinet. It uses same construction as WPC cabinets.

Wow, Rensh, you're too good! I came here to ask if the playfield can be separated from the cabinet the same way as WPC95-playfields, as my plan is to carry my TBL downstairs tomorrow in separate pieces (cabinet, playfield, backbox) and the answer was here waiting for me in the latest post of the thread! What mad sorcery is this??!!

#3687 1 year ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Wow, Rensh, you're too good! I came here to ask if the playfield can be separated from the cabinet the same way as WPC95-playfields, as my plan is to carry my TBL downstairs tomorrow in separate pieces (cabinet, playfield, backbox) and the answer was here waiting for me in the latest post of the thread! What mad sorcery is this??!!

I know that procedure all to well as my gameroom is upstairs and follow same procedure.

TBL is a heavy beast. Had help of friends however . Highly recommend not doing this alone.

42F902B8-3B26-43BE-A0A5-0B856C5AF0B3 (resized).jpeg42F902B8-3B26-43BE-A0A5-0B856C5AF0B3 (resized).jpeg57191D15-89EC-482F-ABBF-4A6E0CD43482 (resized).jpeg57191D15-89EC-482F-ABBF-4A6E0CD43482 (resized).jpeg6C1158BC-C57D-41C0-A104-7BECBBAA1F36 (resized).jpeg6C1158BC-C57D-41C0-A104-7BECBBAA1F36 (resized).jpegBDD87139-8DD6-4A43-BB59-96A8009CE06F (resized).jpegBDD87139-8DD6-4A43-BB59-96A8009CE06F (resized).jpeg
#3688 1 year ago

Throwing this in here as well (posted in maintenance thread) - if nobody here knows, I will removed and get model number:

Does anyone have the model number of the newer motherboards (serial # > 500 I think)? I would like to get a backup, but haven't gotten around to removing the one in there. Thanks!

#3690 1 year ago

Does anyone make mirror art blades for the dude???

#3691 1 year ago
Quoted from Crispy:

I thought there was nothing special about Big Lebowski here - standard Williams size?

#3692 1 year ago
Quoted from Crispy:

Yes. Same size as any to fit a Bally/Williams game.

#3693 1 year ago

So, anybody have a link to buy them? How do I know witch one to order? Also, does anyone know how much this game weighs? Thanks

#3694 1 year ago

#3695 1 year ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I thought there was nothing special about Big Lebowski here - standard Williams size?

#3696 1 year ago

"Phone's ringing Dude."

"Thank you Donny."

Quoted from Crispy:

So, anybody have a link to buy them?

I've ordered quality mirror blades from here, but there are other vendors too.

http://www.pinballdecals.com/MirrorBladesPage.html

#3697 1 year ago

"Phone's ringing Dude."
"Thank you Donny."

lol

#3698 1 year ago

"Phone's ringing Dude."
"Thank you Donny."

Thanks

#3699 1 year ago

Just finished my Lebowski launch button mod. If anyone wants one, I'm probably going to do a short run of 20 of the dude's ball. Just hit me up.

PXL_20220715_165927680 (resized).jpgPXL_20220715_165927680 (resized).jpg

Edit: Was thinking 45 shipped in the us, as a fully assembled button.

#3700 1 year ago

Looks great! Add me to your list!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

15,000 (OBO)
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 210.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,301 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 147.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/74?hl=theplumber and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.