Pinside_archive_792_848601.jpg
Pinside_forum_7890198_0.jpg
Pinside_archive_876_2670498.jpg
IMG_0049 (resized).jpg
IMG_2632.gif
IMG_1769 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240410_145717026 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,278 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 146.
#3601 1 year ago
Quoted from mkdud:

How did you fix the problem?

This is the cable I picked up on amazon. its a Printer USB 2.0 cable. 6 feet is on the small side but will work when servicing the play field all the way out. I suggest going 8 feet. So far so good. 5 games now no freezing =) /crossing fingers =)

Screen Shot 2022-06-13 at 5.39.37 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-06-13 at 5.39.37 PM (resized).png
#3602 1 year ago

my Donny shot would go down the middle every time. I tried several things that would get knocked off by the ball. Finally, I scuffed up the edge of the tip of the right metal rail. About 1/4" in. Scuffed with about 500 grit. Then used some UV adhesive. put a bead in the middle. About 1-2mm thick. Hardened it with UV. Every donny shot now, kicks over to the left flipper every time. Been this way for about 500 games so far and still holding strong.

Clear epoxy would work as well i'm sure.

#3603 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

my Donny shot would go down the middle every time. I tried several things that would get knocked off by the ball. Finally, I scuffed up the edge of the tip of the right metal rail. About 1/4" in. Scuffed with about 500 grit. Then used some UV adhesive. put a bead in the middle. About 1-2mm thick. Hardened it with UV. Every donny shot now, kicks over to the left flipper every time. Been this way for about 500 games so far and still holding strong.
Clear epoxy would work as well i'm sure.

I used door edge guard and some automotive high bond tape. Been fine for over 3 months.

#3604 1 year ago

ThePlumber @spelunk71. Ya my game had pretty consistent SDM’s on the Left orbit as well. Thus I made the protector / deflector. I Good obit on my game now nicely Naldo on the left flipper. Sometime I can trap it or, it bounces over to the left flipper and the ball can be trapped. For m game it was literally a game changer.

#3605 1 year ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Where is the ball supposed to go from the Donny orbit? Mine hits the outer tip of the right flipper, but I’m not sure if that’s correct.

Left ideally, but anything other than SDTM is a plus obviously.

Added 21 months ago:

#3606 1 year ago

Whilst I'm waiting on my TBL (still a ways to go yet; ordered 2/1/22!), I thought that I'd ask the owners a question:

Has anyone experienced any flipper fade after having played for a while, and if so, what did you do to remedy it?

I've been seeing this discussed on other threads with other NIB machines from different manufactuers, so I'm just wondering if this is something that I should be aware of and should prepare for by the time my TBL comes.

TIA.

#3607 1 year ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

Whilst I'm waiting on my TBL (still a ways to go yet; ordered 2/1/22!), I thought that I'd ask the owners a question:
Has anyone experienced any flipper fade after having played for a while, and if so, what did you do to remedy it?
I've been seeing this discussed on other threads with other NIB machines from different manufactuers, so I'm just wondering if this is something that I should be aware of and should prepare for by the time my TBL comes.
TIA.

My Lebowski plays perfectly. No flipper fade. 2020 build.

#3608 1 year ago

I have a 2021 build, and I have no flipper weakness at all ever. Even when when used for tournaments all day long and playing nonstop.

#3609 1 year ago

My TBL is #620, early 2022 build. No flipper issues at all. I did need to tighten the pawls on both the left and right side when the machine was first set up, but the flippers are great.

#3610 1 year ago

Happy to say I'm finally in the owners club. Absolutely love the game! I bought the launch button mod thinking it's an awesome idea, but was not super pleased with the execution, so I decided to make my own. Still need to print inserts for the finger holes, which will be white, and I think I'll have a pretty sweet mod!

PXL_20220615_175439246 (resized).jpgPXL_20220615_175439246 (resized).jpg
#3611 1 year ago
Quoted from Mneubey:

Happy to say I'm finally in the owners club. Absolutely love the game! I bought the launch button mod thinking it's an awesome idea, but was not super pleased with the execution, so I decided to make my own. Still need to print inserts for the finger holes, which will be white, and I think I'll have a pretty sweet mod!
[quoted image]

Welcome to the TBL club Dude!

Good luck on your launch button mod refinements -
it's always cool to see new energy in mod productions for games that truly deserve them!

#3612 1 year ago
Quoted from PinheadEDM:

My Lebowski plays perfectly. No flipper fade. 2020 build.

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I have a 2021 build, and I have no flipper weakness at all ever. Even when when used for tournaments all day long and playing nonstop.

Quoted from mkdud:

My TBL is #620, early 2022 build. No flipper issues at all. I did need to tighten the pawls on both the left and right side when the machine was first set up, but the flippers are great.

Thanks so much for the responses, dudes! It's great to know this.

#3613 1 year ago

Just joined the club. Should be here next week! Super excited! What is the consensus on the starry apron, is it worth it? Also, can it be added later?

#3614 1 year ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Just joined the club. Should be here next week! Super excited! What is the consensus on the starry apron, is it worth it? Also, can it be added later?

Congrats!!!

Yes, and yes!!

#3615 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Congrats!!!
Yes, and yes!!

Excellent. Thanks! Where do you order them from? Direct from DP?

#3616 1 year ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Yepper..its where I got mine...Melissa may have some coming as well...not sure, but worth a call...

#3617 1 year ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Congrats & welcome Dude! Such an immersive and fun game - enjoy!

Yes (IMHO) - a starry apron would be an outstanding choice! The blinking star effect from the original movie's featured bowling alley plus the various cool attract mode effects are worth it alone!

#3618 1 year ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

I told Melissa (Cointaker) that I wanted the apron, she replied OK.

Then the day arrived to pay my bill and it was $600 short, so I emailed her back and she told me she forgot to include the apron in my bill / order. She fixed it on the spot and it was installed when it arrived.

I never contacted DP about the apron, just Melissa.

#3619 1 year ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

I told Melissa (Cointaker) that I wanted the apron, she replied OK.
Then the day arrived to pay my bill and it was $600 short, so I emailed her back and she told me she forgot to include the apron in my bill / order. She fixed it on the spot and it was installed when it arrived.
I never contacted DP about the apron, just Melissa.

Just emailed her. Thanks!

#3620 1 year ago

Are all the latest machines shipping with the 0.58 code update? Are there any plans for additional code updates in the near future?

#3621 1 year ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Are all the latest machines shipping with the 0.58 code update? Are there any plans for additional code updates in the near future?

Full code update in progress by DP. No set delivery date.

#3622 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Full code update in progress by DP. No set delivery date.

Amazing news.

#3623 1 year ago
Quoted from Rscontrino:

This is the cable I picked up on amazon. its a Printer USB 2.0 cable. 6 feet is on the small side but will work when servicing the play field all the way out. I suggest going 8 feet. So far so good. 5 games now no freezing =) /crossing fingers =)[quoted image]

On this topic, see a post in the Maintenance thread I just made

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-lotta-ins-a-lotta-outs-tbl-maintenance-thread/page/25#post-6997628

#3624 1 year ago

While I impatiently wait for my TBL, I wanted to start working on my DIY topper to distract myself. Could someone take a measurement of the top their back box for me? Thank you in advance!

#3625 1 year ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

While I impatiently wait for my TBL, I wanted to start working on my DIY topper to distract myself. Could someone take a measurement of the top their back box for me? Thank you in advance!

28-3/4" W x 9-3/4" D

#3626 1 year ago

28-3/4" W x 9-3/4" D

Thank you!!

#3627 1 year ago

The Dude is here…#673

07AD5814-037F-4893-A81F-EF5D65619D68 (resized).jpeg07AD5814-037F-4893-A81F-EF5D65619D68 (resized).jpegC0349FF9-AF10-47E0-B411-98945E968232 (resized).jpegC0349FF9-AF10-47E0-B411-98945E968232 (resized).jpeg
#3628 1 year ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

The Dude is here…#673
[quoted image][quoted image]

Show a picture of that great playfield!

#3629 1 year ago

All set up. No major tweaks to get it up and running. One of the pins in the bowling alley was stuck (easy fix) and code needed updated from 57 to 58. Outside of that, all seems well!

B74E2A9E-FF69-4ADB-9CD0-9A71365B582A (resized).jpegB74E2A9E-FF69-4ADB-9CD0-9A71365B582A (resized).jpeg
#3630 1 year ago

Hello and Good Day Everyone

I tried posting this in a different chat and the thread must be dead so ill try here!

I received my NIB TBL roughly two weeks ago and here are the issues I am encountering.

1) Subwoofer works for short period and then shuts down, both of the upper speakers work just fine all the time.
2) When hitting the rug with the right flipper, it never actuates the rug, only the left flipper (Angle of the dangle?)
3) I have one error code of "(Light) Lock Target (stuck closed)"

Thanks for your insight on this one, look forward to hearing back

#3631 1 year ago
Quoted from ThePlumber:

I'm part of the club now! SO Excited! S/N DP-01-00688. Very happy to have played a few games. Two complaints, 1) side rails damaged by head pressure, corner guards would've taken that possibility out (hoping distributor will take of me) and 2) my left loop goes SDTM almost every single time. How about you guys? does yours do the same thing when you hit a nice crisp left loop shot? THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR TIME AND INPUT.

My side rails came the same way. Cointaker sent me a replacement - but not an easy task removing!

#3632 1 year ago
Quoted from Dexter:

My side rails came the same way. Cointaker sent me a replacement - but not an easy task removing!

Appreciate the heads up. She has indicated she is sending me another set. I guess I'll mentally prepare myself for the patient removal process. Any tips?

#3633 1 year ago
Quoted from ThePlumber:

Appreciate the heads up. She has indicated she is sending me another set. I guess I'll mentally prepare myself for the patient removal process. Any tips?

Get a sharp putty knife and slowly start to pry it up. Don't try a hairdryer and heat - it did nothing.

#3635 1 year ago

I can't see this question being asked in the thread but apologies if it's a repeat.

I played TBL last week for the first time and LOVED it. That wasn't a total surprise as it's my #1 movie of all time, but the design of the game and theme integration blew me away. The game felt old school with nice mechs, the modes seemed fun with a cool upper and lower pf. I hear that more code is coming so the game can only get better.

Before last week my next pin was intended to be Godzilla but now my heart is leaning towards TBL. GZ also has excellent theme integration, good flow with some super sweet code.

My question... are there any owners that possess both GZ and TBL? I was just wondering which one you suggest and why? Cheers.

#3636 1 year ago
Quoted from thewool:

I can't see this question being asked in the thread but apologies if it's a repeat.
I played TBL last week for the first time and LOVED it. That wasn't a total surprise as it's my #1 movie of all time, but the design of the game and theme integration blew me away. The game felt old school with nice mechs, the modes seemed fun with a cool upper and lower pf. I hear that more code is coming so the game can only get better.
Before last week my next pin was intended to be Godzilla but now my heart is leaning towards TBL. GZ also has excellent theme integration, good flow with some super sweet code.
My question... are there any owners that possess both GZ and TBL? I was just wondering which one you suggest and why? Cheers.

I own a TBL but have a friend with a GZ pro and played also premium and LE.

They are just to different to be able to compare and advise. GZ offers rush where TBl is the more laid back pin. Also themes are so different. So, what do you look for in a pin? Adrenaline, than GZ is your choice (just like your IMdN). Wanna relax and enjoy perfect theme integration of your favorite move? TBL it is.

#3637 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

I own a TBL but have a friend with a GZ pro and played also premium and LE.
They are just to different to be able to compare and advise. GZ offers rush where TBl is the more laid back pin. Also themes are so different. So, what do you look for in a pin? Adrenaline, than GZ is your choice (just like your IMdN). Wanna relax and enjoy perfect theme integration of your favorite move? TBL it is.

Nice perspective there Rensh... IM definitely stands out as the adrenalin junkie in my line-up. I've played quite a bit of GZ and would say that Maiden has more urgency, but GZ has deeper code and objectives. I also have Mando which again is a very fast and brutal pin. Overall I would say TBL's vibe would be be most welcome

Quick question Rensh, how reliable would you say the new games being built by DP are? The one I played in the Rotterdam museum was really nice, flippers were a little on the weak side but the game felt solid. Cheers.

#3638 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

So, tried this out quickly with a white 5/16 inner diameter rubbers and appears to be working great.
Plastic ring will have a height of 6 mm and this is approx 5 mm. But it clearly does the job, eg making sure the pin doesn’t hit the metal rod behind it.
See video at https://photos.app.goo.gl/DTWeYnMYddY7RqCD9
No need to wait for plastic rings I guess. In fact, in volume this is even cheaper. In fact you don’t need to do the last row of 4 pcs as there is no metal rod which can hit them but I do like the shock absorbing part of the rubber.
Will talk this over with the factory but thanks for taking the factory idea to the next level [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This worked beautifully. I went to Home Depot and snagged some of these O-rings. I stacked two on each of the pins. Not only do they not hit the metal bars anymore, but it is much quieter as well. Thanks @rensh!

IMG_5227 (resized).jpgIMG_5227 (resized).jpg

#3639 1 year ago
Quoted from thewool:

I have played quite a bit of both. I own TBL and get to play GZ quite a bit down at the co-op.

If you want depth of rules and code, GZ is the way to go.

If you want artistry, humor, and cleaner shots, TBL is the winner.

More heart-pounding action and crazy gameplay? Godzilla.

A game that's easier to play and newer pinball players will gravitate towards? TBL.

When you go to sell either one, TBL will probably net you a higher return, but both will have a market for second hand games.

If it was my only pin or if I only had 3 or fewer in my house, I'd honestly buy Godzilla. TBL is best in a larger collection.

#3640 1 year ago
Quoted from thewool:

Nice perspective there Rensh... IM definitely stands out as the adrenalin junkie in my line-up. I've played quite a bit of GZ and would say that Maiden has more urgency, but GZ has deeper code and objectives. I also have Mando which again is a very fast and brutal pin. Overall I would say TBL's vibe would be be most welcome
Quick question Rensh, how reliable would you say the new games being built by DP are? The one I played in the Rotterdam museum was really nice, flippers were a little on the weak side but the game felt solid. Cheers.

Most of the people have no (serious) issues fortunately. I would not recommend however a TbL to a total newbie (same is applicable in my opinion for more manufacturers, stern I feel is the one with the lowest amount of issues. JJP and PB are for sure not more reliable as TBL, this from own experience).

This as I do see some needed tweaking in especially the first month(s) of ownership. Mix of switch adjustments, fixing loose screws and loose USB cable(s). Most issues are relative easy fix though. Also I have seen lately some failing Coolmaster Power supplies. Have feeling suppliers are using substandard parts nowadays to keep production running.

The more complex mechanical parts like Bowling Alley, rug and cartoy rarely cause an issue.

And there can be some esthetic issues due to transport but that’s not Tbl oriented.

Pls do note that I also expect that the service faq I made keeps issues out of my sight as owners just fix it totally themselves with help of the service faq. That’s why I wrote it ofcourse to keep the workload limited. Besides my day job and DP support I still want some time to enjoy our hobby after all

Weak flippers. Have some reports but just a couple. My own tbl is rock solid (or I don’t play long enough ) but started running a test with low cost RC cooling fans to see what it does for the temperature of the coils. To be continued.

Disclaimer: I have a bond with DP so my opinion is subjective

#3641 1 year ago

Any pointers on how to adjust the mystery scoop so that it doesn’t throw it SDTM?

I tried adjusting the coil side to side with minimal change. I also tried adjusting the the coil strength as well…

My next thought is to try and adjust the scoop itself a little, but it doesn’t seem like there is much room to adjust?

#3642 1 year ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Any pointers on how to adjust the mystery scoop so that it doesn’t throw it SDTM?
I tried adjusting the coil side to side with minimal change. I also tried adjusting the the coil strength as well…
My next thought is to try and adjust the scoop itself a little, but it doesn’t seem like there is much room to adjust?

I haven't needed to adjust my TBL scoop, but on previous games (ACNC, R&M) I simply grabbed the hood of the scoop and twisted it a tad with my bare hands. Worked like a charm and it didn't need to be moved much.

#3643 1 year ago

Anyone need a starry apron for The Big Lebowski? I have an extra (Brand New). $600. Please DM if interested.

#3644 1 year ago

Got my "topper" today! Cheers to hoping the museum putty keeps him up there!
Link: The Dude Sixth Scale Figure (Exclusive) by Sideshow Collectibles
Museum Putty: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FJU290

PXL_20220701_182649314.jpgPXL_20220701_182649314.jpg
#3645 1 year ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Museum Putty: amazon.com link »[quoted image]

Sweet - congrats on the "topper" addition!

You should treat your mini-Dude to some additional putty (or alternate fastener) though - that crotch holder looks downright painful!

#3646 1 year ago

Sweet - congrats on the "topper" addition!
You should treat your mini-Dude to some additional putty (or alternate fastener) though - that crotch holder looks downright painful!

Ha yeah crotch holder isn't ideal, poor Dude. I have putty under his sandals and in 4 points under the base as well as on his glasses, doobie, and bowling bag. I'll report back if he decides to take a nose dive.

#3647 1 year ago

What can I say Dudes, I'm new to the club, love the theme and love to play it and I don't mark this pin zero.
20220702_182035 (resized).jpg20220702_182035 (resized).jpg20220702_182042 (resized).jpg20220702_182042 (resized).jpg20220702_182051 (resized).jpg20220702_182051 (resized).jpg

#3648 1 year ago

Does anyone have the wav files available for replacement that they can DM me? I have licensed versions of the songs, but this would save me a bunch of time messing with audacity (clipping, volume adjustment, etc). Really appreciated. Thanks!

#3649 1 year ago

Installed my 3d printed limiter plastics today. Could not have been any easier. 30 minutes. I left the wire ties intact as well. Just roll the mech up and lay ontop the others. Pop the plunger out..slide on the limiter..pop the plunger back in. 4 screws in and you’re done.

B2043CFD-B947-4135-8DB2-6A2F58666DE8 (resized).jpegB2043CFD-B947-4135-8DB2-6A2F58666DE8 (resized).jpeg
#3650 1 year ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Museum Putty: amazon.com link »[quoted image]

I just got one of those as well for a present for my dad.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 22.50
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 210.00
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Colts Neck, NJ
15,000 (OBO)
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,278 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/73?hl=theplumber and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.