IMG_20240423_132641615 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240423_132359275 (resized).jpg
IMG_5894 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5893 (resized).jpeg
735513270 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,312 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 147.
#3551 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

why? It's plenty for what it is. The newer code uses white light as well, so you can see better.

I am running revision .58, so I see what you are saying about the white light.

I can't remember, but there was a TBL owner who added an LED Strip or perhaps it was mini pin stadium, and I thought it made the bowling alley stand out more when it was time to bowl. I thought this might be a neat mod.

#3552 1 year ago
Quoted from okgrak:

Does it make sense to remove the subway and polish/sand it a bit to make sure there are no rough edges? Or is mylar preferred?

I coated my subway with mylar. This really reduced ball marks / scratches.

#3553 1 year ago
Quoted from mkdud:

I would like to add extra lighting to my bowling alley and wanted to hear from other TBL owners who have done this. What lines did you tap to do this? What kind of lighting did you use? How well did it work? Thanks much, mk

I added flipper button lights and tapped into the spare 12v line off of the power supply. I haven't added lighting to the bowling alley though.

#3554 1 year ago
Quoted from mkdud:

I would like to add extra lighting to my bowling alley and wanted to hear from other TBL owners who have done this. What lines did you tap to do this? What kind of lighting did you use? How well did it work? Thanks much, mk

I sell a 12v, 5v and 3v dc harness that goes under the playfield.

You can buy LED strips from Comet pinball or wherever and tap into the harness.

#3555 1 year ago

is there a setting in the code to stop the car from moving outward when hit? Because it seems to happen often, when the car gets hit, the ball gets stuck behind it and stays there until the mode is done. Ball search doesn't move the car. So it would be nice to have a setting to turn off the car moving when hit, or add it to the ball search.

#3556 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

is there a setting in the code to stop the car from moving outward when hit? Because it seems to happen often, when the car gets hit, the ball gets stuck behind it and stays there until the mode is done. Ball search doesn't move the car. So it would be nice to have a setting to turn off the car moving when hit, or add it to the ball search.

It was added to the ball search in rel 057. So, question is which version are you running?

Also the timing of closing the door was slightly changed to decrease the chance of ball getting stuck I think in rel 057

#3557 1 year ago

that's the revision i'm running. But my car does not close or even move during ball search. is it because a ball is behind it, so when doing a search, it only moves the car if in resting position? Try it, with a ball stuck between the car and the standup targets, and see if yours moves. Mine does not.

#3558 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

that's the revision i'm running. But my car does not close or even move during ball search. is it because a ball is behind it, so when doing a search, it only moves the car if in resting position? Try it, with a ball stuck between the car and the standup targets, and see if yours moves. Mine does not.

Between the car and standup targets? How do you get a ball stuck there?

My experience is ball search with the ball stuck with the cardoor in (almost) closed position.

You have exactly the opposite, correct?

#3559 1 year ago

can you add the stary apron after the face?

#3560 1 year ago
Quoted from whoknowsgoi:

can you add the stary apron after the face?

?? After the face? What does this mean? If you mean afterwards the answer is yes

#3561 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

?? After the face? What does this mean? If you mean afterwards the answer is yes

Typo I bet. I'm sure he meant after the fact.

#3562 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Between the car and standup targets? How do you get a ball stuck there?
My experience is ball search with the ball stuck with the cardoor in (almost) closed position.
You have exactly the opposite, correct?

yes, The ball gets stuck behind the car and standups a lot. WHen the ball bashes the car, the car moves out for a second, and the ball can bounce off the rubbers below and back up behind it before the car moves back. Happened to me at least 10 times. THen the ball just stays there pinched between the back of the car and the stand ups. Until the mode is over and the car goes back in the garage.

Now if there was a setting I could turn off the car moving when hit, it would eliminate the possibility of this happening.

#3563 1 year ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I sell a 12v, 5v and 3v dc harness that goes under the playfield.
You can buy LED strips from Comet pinball or wherever and tap into the harness.

How do I order? I sent you (CPR9999) 2 pm's and got no response. Please help, Thanks, mk

#3564 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

And it’s easy

#3565 1 year ago
Quoted from mkdud:

How do I order? I sent you (CPR9999) 2 pm's and got no response. Please help, Thanks, mk

Will reply.
I am just backed up right now.
Thx

#3566 1 year ago

Nice write up from pinball news on the house warming party last Friday

https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2022/05/31/dutch-pinball-factory-warming/

#3567 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Nice write up from pinball news on the house warming party last Friday
https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2022/05/31/dutch-pinball-factory-warming/

Wow! This is great to see how they made our TBL's, and great to see the factory! Nice!

#3568 1 year ago

So when I land the ball in the bottom of rug mode and the scene (don't play video so I can only say what it says) the has philip seymour hoffman say "Mr Lebowski" and finishes with the Dude saying "you mind if I light a J?" the game just does nothing, no ball search or anything. If you get that scene you have to shut the machine off. I got this about a month ago and only just now getting to play it.

Is this a known issue?

#3569 1 year ago

Yes, this is a known bug which will be fixed when bugfix update v0.59 is released.
https://dutchpinball.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/tbl-119

Standup targets can currently progress the mode during the intro if they are adjusted too sensitive (by vibration possibly; not sure), causing a hung state.
So in the mean time you can try to find the sensitive standup targets (all targets are used in that mode) and adjust them.

- Koen

#3570 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

En ce qui concerne les quilles, je voudrais répéter un post précédent. Voir pièce jointe.
Il contient également un lien vers un fichier STL pour une imprimante 3D pour les limiteurs en plastique.
Et il y a un avertissement si vous voulez utiliser les anneaux en caoutchouc, par exemple, vérifiez s'ils sont assez bons pour vous.
[quoted image]

pas d'imprimante...alors retour aux sources...et toujours un GRAND MERCI à rens pour tout ce qu'il fait pour nous...

thumbnail_20220603_104233 (resized).jpgthumbnail_20220603_104233 (resized).jpg
#3571 1 year ago

Hey dudes, what is "5000 ?" at the top right which add points to you...? if you go piss and come back it makes you 1-2 million more...you better drink a lot of white russians

thumbnail_20220525_223526 (resized).jpgthumbnail_20220525_223526 (resized).jpg
#3572 1 year ago

Game not responding issues. latest code.

I will post on the dutchpinball forum as well but my game stops responding very often. I can rarely make it through a entire game before I need to reboot it.

I notice this happens on the Dude multi ball lock and also the nihilist modes. Could this be a sensitive switch issue as well? I have always had some issues with nihilist but now the Dude multi ball is a newer issue. The Dude multi ball stops responding after I hit a few ramps or targets and or on the last shot and Nihilist is very random on when it stops responding.

I also noticed under test report the bowling alley is throwing some switch errors but it seems to be working properly so I don't think its related.

IMG_2549 (resized).jpgIMG_2549 (resized).jpg
#3573 1 year ago
Quoted from funkycoucou:

Hey dudes, what is "5000 ?" at the top right which add points to you...? if you go piss and come back it makes you 1-2 million more...you better drink a lot of white russians
[quoted image]

Looks like you have a stuck switch perhaps?

#3574 1 year ago

Hey Folks - supposedly game is coming next weekend on thereabouts -

Can someone point me in the direction for hooking up a sub woofer to the game? Do I need a special connection or is there a sub-out?

#3575 1 year ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Hey Folks - supposedly game is coming next weekend on thereabouts -
Can someone point me in the direction for hooking up a sub woofer to the game? Do I need a special connection or is there a sub-out?

No special subout. Set mine parallel to the cabinet speaker. Just make sure your subwoofer has a high impedance input.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3576 1 year ago

I am having the hardest time adding art blades to my TBL. No issue with the right one with the upper playfield. But the left one keeps getting ripped while adding. I have gone through two sets already. I use the wet method with Rapid Tac and have had no issues on any other games until now. Is taking the playfield out hard? Any advice?

Thanks
Ryan

#3577 1 year ago
Quoted from Dexter:

I am having the hardest time adding art blades to my TBL. No issue with the right one with the upper playfield. But the left one keeps getting ripped while adding. I have gone through two sets already.

I always use the wet method when installing pinblades, but TBL's tight playfield provided a bit more of a challenge. I successfully installed them without removing the playfield (didn't want to tackle lifting this on my own), but then ended up catching and tearing a gash in the left pinblade minutes later. ARGH!

Rather than buy a new set of art blades to replace the left one, I opted instead to go the route that a prior TBL owner had posted pics of and purchased a set of mirrior blades instead. My TBL now has a mirror blade on the left side and an art blade on the right. A bit unconventional perhaps, but so was the Dude, and ... this arrangement kind of reminds me of a bowling alley interior more.

TBL left pinblade - mirror (resized).JPGTBL left pinblade - mirror (resized).JPG

TBL right pinblade (resized).JPGTBL right pinblade (resized).JPG

#3578 1 year ago
Quoted from Dexter:

I am having the hardest time adding art blades to my TBL. No issue with the right one with the upper playfield. But the left one keeps getting ripped while adding. I have gone through two sets already. I use the wet method with Rapid Tac and have had no issues on any other games until now. Is taking the playfield out hard? Any advice?
Thanks
Ryan

I put mine in dry, pushed the playfield to one side for the install and used a pinblade protector as soon as it was in. then slid the playfield to the other side for the second one. It's tight but they went in ok.

Used these protectors: https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html

Good luck with round two!

#3579 1 year ago
Quoted from mac2444:

I put mine in dry, pushed the playfield to one side for the install and used a pinblade protector as soon as it was in. then slid the playfield to the other side for the second one. It's tight but they went in ok.
Used these protectors: https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html

Pinball Life should advertise these better as I still see posts all the time about ripping the side art on machines. I did that once on my Hobbit as I wasn't aware these existed and it has never happened again. Why risk it? Spend the $35.

#3580 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Pinball Life should advertise these better as I still see posts all the time about ripping the side art on machines. I did that once on my Hobbit as I wasn't aware these existed and it has never happened again. Why risk it? Spend the $35.

Yeah - these are great! I use them religiously now. I actually had them at the time I installed my TBL pinblades, but wasn't in the habit of always remembering to insert them.

A ruined pinblade within minutes of installation and lesson learned! Now I no longer forget.

#3581 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Yeah - these are great! I use them religiously now. I actually had them at the time I installed my TBL pinblades, but wasn't in the habit of always remembering to insert them.
A ruined pinblade within minutes of installation and lesson learned! Now I no longer forget.

Fully agreed. I don't move the playfield in/out without these installed. They are a no-brainer for anyone with side blades or mirror blades

#3582 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I always use the wet method when installing pinblades, but TBL's tight playfield provided a bit more of a challenge. I successfully installed them without removing the playfield (didn't want to tackle lifting this on my own), but then ended up catching and tearing a gash in the left pinblade minutes later. ARGH!
Rather than buy a new set of art blades to replace the left one, I opted instead to go the route that a prior TBL owner had posted pics of and purchased a set of mirrior blades instead. My TBL now has a mirror blade on the left side and an art blade on the right. A bit unconventional perhaps, but so was the Dude, and ... this arrangement kind of reminds me of a bowling alley interior more.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

That actually looks pretty good. Had the same thing happen to mine so I may steal the look.

#3583 1 year ago

I'm looking at adding a chrome coin door. I was told that any Bally/Williams door will do, is that true?

This? http://www.pinballdecals.com/ChromeDoorPage.html

If I'm wrong, can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

#3584 1 year ago
Quoted from mac2444:

Thanks - I have those protectors and use them on all my machines. I am building up the courage for a third try. This is costly

#3585 1 year ago

My buddy printed up some of the plastic limiters for the bowling pins. Gonna throw them in this weekend and see how they fit. If there’s multiple people interested I’m sure he would print more for a reasonable price including shipping with a USPS one rate envelope. Lmk!

79A6E2F0-B66C-4CE7-8F8A-B2BAFA235878 (resized).jpeg79A6E2F0-B66C-4CE7-8F8A-B2BAFA235878 (resized).jpeg
#3586 1 year ago

Nice! Flash71 I am assuming he used TPU, which is a flexible material? I was about to make some myself. Looks promising!

#3587 1 year ago
Quoted from funkycoucou:

pas d'imprimante...alors retour aux sources...et toujours un GRAND MERCI à rens pour tout ce qu'il fait pour nous...
[quoted image]

Rensh is the height 9 or 6mm, looks like 9 but want to make sure? Thank you!

#3588 1 year ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Rensh is the height 9 or 6mm, looks like 9 but want to make sure? Thank you!

The dimensions and STL file were posted earlier in

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-lotta-ins-a-lotta-outs-tbl-maintenance-thread/page/23#post-6924883

Height is 6 mm

#3589 1 year ago
Quoted from Flash71:

My buddy printed up some of the plastic limiters for the bowling pins. Gonna throw them in this weekend and see how they fit. If there’s multiple people interested I’m sure he would print more for a reasonable price including shipping with a USPS one rate envelope. Lmk!

If they work and hold up I'm definitely interested.

#3590 1 year ago

I thought Rensh said the post rubbers were sufficient for the bowling pins. I would think most people could get these easily or have them on hand already.

#3591 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I thought Rensh said the post rubbers were sufficient for the bowling pins. I would think most people could get these easily or have them on hand already.

works fine here!

#3592 1 year ago
Quoted from bemmett:

If they work and hold up I'm definitely interested.

I’ll keep you posted !

#3593 1 year ago
Quoted from Rscontrino:

I will post on the dutchpinball forum as well but my game stops responding very often. I can rarely make it through a entire game before I need to reboot it.
I notice this happens on the Dude multi ball lock and also the nihilist modes. Could this be a sensitive switch issue as well? I have always had some issues with nihilist but now the Dude multi ball is a newer issue. The Dude multi ball stops responding after I hit a few ramps or targets and or on the last shot and Nihilist is very random on when it stops responding.
I also noticed under test report the bowling alley is throwing some switch errors but it seems to be working properly so I don't think its related.[quoted image]

Quoted from Rscontrino:

I also noticed under test report the bowling alley is throwing some switch errors but it seems to be working properly so I don't think its related.[quoted image]

Big shout out to Rensh and Dutch Pinball for their amazing customer service. Thanks for helping me get my TBL up and running again!!!

#3594 1 year ago
Quoted from Rscontrino:

Big shout out to Rensh and Dutch Pinball for their amazing customer service. Thanks for helping me get my TBL up and running again!!!

How did you fix the problem?

#3595 1 year ago

I'm part of the club now! SO Excited! S/N DP-01-00688. Very happy to have played a few games. Two complaints, 1) side rails damaged by head pressure, corner guards would've taken that possibility out (hoping distributor will take of me) and 2) my left loop goes SDTM almost every single time. How about you guys? does yours do the same thing when you hit a nice crisp left loop shot? THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR TIME AND INPUT.

#3596 1 year ago
Quoted from ThePlumber:

I'm part of the club now! SO Excited! S/N DP-01-00688. Very happy to have played a few games. Two complaints, 1) side rails damaged by head pressure, corner guards would've taken that possibility out (hoping distributor will take of me) and 2) my left loop goes SDTM almost every single time. How about you guys? does yours do the same thing when you hit a nice crisp left loop shot? THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR TIME AND INPUT.

Contact your distributor-CT for the siderails

In regard to the sdtm, that’s not as it should be. Are you sure your tbl is level and at a tilt of approx 6.5 degrees?

#3597 1 year ago
Quoted from ThePlumber:

I'm part of the club now! SO Excited! ... and 2) my left loop goes SDTM almost every single time. How about you guys? does yours do the same thing when you hit a nice crisp left loop shot? ...

Congrats Dude!

Donny orbit shot going SDTM is a common issue discussed numerous times. Do a search in this thread using key word "Donny".

Also - this is a mod developed and sold by a fellow TBL owner to address this:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1088825021/the-big-lebowski-pinball-orbit-protector?gpla=1&gao=1&&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping_us_-craft_supplies_and_tools&utm_custom1=_k_Cj0KCQjwwJuVBhCAARIsAOPwGASztIgU6doXZdW4Zxl8E--PFFcecjGMHhAAN0J6sk08Iant8-REHEkaAlBNEALw_wcB_k_&utm_content=go_12665398257_121762925993_511610210343_pla-295462056867_c__1088825021_12768591&utm_custom2=12665398257&gclid=Cj0KCQjwwJuVBhCAARIsAOPwGASztIgU6doXZdW4Zxl8E--PFFcecjGMHhAAN0J6sk08Iant8-REHEkaAlBNEALw_wcB

#3598 1 year ago
Quoted from mkdud:

How did you fix the problem?

I reseated the connector but the issue came back. I recently bought a new higher quality USB printer cable, you will need a at least 6 feet but I recommend a 8 foot cord. I have only played 3 games since then but so far so good. Fingers crossed =)

#3599 1 year ago
Quoted from ThePlumber:

my left loop goes SDTM almost every single time.

Have any velcro? Put one small piece of it at the end of the rail where the ball comes out and it'll kick nicely each time to the left flipper. Doesn't look too bad, and you can easily remove it if you don't like it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
15,000 (OBO)
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 210.00
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 22.50
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,312 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 147.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/72?hl=theplumber and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.