Pinside_archive_792_848601.jpg
Pinside_forum_7890198_0.jpg
Pinside_archive_876_2670498.jpg
IMG_0049 (resized).jpg
IMG_2632.gif
IMG_1769 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240410_145717026 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,279 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 146.
#3501 1 year ago

Added bonus, the Bowling mech is near silent with the rubber rings.

#3502 1 year ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

These 2 are sold.
I have received 1 more.
First one to message will get it!
Thx
-cpr9999

All sold out.

For the others inquiring, I may get another next week - no guarantee.

#3503 1 year ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

Added bonus, the Bowling mech is near silent with the rubber rings.

I loved the sound ... on a real bowling alley you also hear the pins resetting
But , better than broken pins for sure.

#3504 1 year ago
Quoted from TomDK:

I loved the sound ... on a real bowling alley you also hear the pins resetting
But , better than broken pins for sure.

I agree. Maybe adding a plastic washer in front of the rubber will give a satisfying sound?

#3505 1 year ago

only 15 min to do them all? Didn't realize that the pin unit was this accessible. Nice design work guys.

#3506 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

only 15 min to do them all? Didn't realize that the pin unit was this accessible. Nice design work guys.

Thanks.

I didn’t time it but think 15 minutes is more or less what it takes indeed. Guess also that doing it for the first time thus taking it easy would make it like 30 minutes. Still, not a tough or lengthy work to do.

#3507 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Thanks.
I didn’t time it but think 15 minutes is more or less what it takes indeed. Guess also that doing it for the first time thus taking it easy would make it like 30 minutes. Still, not a tough or lengthy work to do.

Hardest part is my big meat paws and those tiny torx screws. I’d recommend a magnetic tip driver if you have one.

#3508 1 year ago

I’ve noticed that when I hit the Walter ramp, the shots don’t seem to progress towards the character multiball. The switches all work, and the shot is registering otherwise. What am I missing?

#3509 1 year ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

I’ve noticed that when I hit the Walter ramp, the shots don’t seem to progress towards the character multiball. The switches all work, and the shot is registering otherwise. What am I missing?

To register a Walter shot not only the switch at the entrance has to be activated but also within 1-2 seconds the first switch on the MPF. You can just see it when you look into where the ball appears on the MPF.

I am expecting that it is that switch which is not working and needs some adjustment. Check it and let me know.

#3510 1 year ago

On my screen I have some horizontal transparent lines scrolling - the screen seems to be getting some interference from somewhere. Anyone else with the same problem and what was the fix? Thanks for any info!

#3511 1 year ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

On my screen I have some horizontal transparent lines scrolling - the screen seems to be getting some interference from somewhere. Anyone else with the same problem and what was the fix? Thanks for any info!

This is some interference picked up by the, likely vga, display cable running from pc to display. You can try a different routing of the cable.

#3512 1 year ago

My game started to do the screen flickering thing too.. reseated cables and it appears to have gone away

#3513 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

To register a Walter shot not only the switch at the entrance has to be activated but also within 1-2 seconds the first switch on the MPF. You can just see it when you look into where the ball appears on the MPF.
I am expecting that it is that switch which is not working and needs some adjustment. Check it and let me know.

The switch adjustment worked. Thanks! It was fine in switch test but the ball whips around there so fast it just needed a little bend upwards to register.

#3514 1 year ago

So when pulling the amazingly heavy duty back glass I accidentally ripped the wire out of its clip and there 3 bare ones and i'm not sure which one it clips back into. the 2 2 prong ones?

#3515 1 year ago
Quoted from greenhoody:

So when pulling the amazingly heavy duty back glass I accidentally ripped the wire out of its clip and there 3 bare ones and i'm not sure which one it clips back into. the 2 2 prong ones?

Does this help you? It doesn’t matter if you put the connector on the left or right pair. Same voltages.

E43097A7-AD84-44C0-8091-2ED739D60483 (resized).jpegE43097A7-AD84-44C0-8091-2ED739D60483 (resized).jpeg
#3516 1 year ago

RIP

The Dude’s Landlord In The Big Lebowski, Jack Kehler, Is Dead At 75

#3517 1 year ago
Quoted from JimB:RIP
The Dude’s Landlord In The Big Lebowski, Jack Kehler, Is Dead At 75

Same guy as in the game's match sequence.

Bummer man.

#3518 1 year ago

Can anybody tell me what the function is for the "sliding door" with the screw on it is for on the trough? Am I missing something here? I noticed this when I was installing a Cliffy kit on my serial # 620.

20220510_175125 (resized).jpg20220510_175125 (resized).jpg
#3519 1 year ago

Pretty sure it’s to manually block balls from falling out when raising the field? I never chance it and simply remove the,

Quoted from mkdud:

Can anybody tell me what the function is for the "sliding door" with the screw on it is for on the trough? Am I missing something here? I noticed this when I was installing a Cliffy kit on my serial # 620.
[quoted image]

#3521 1 year ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Pretty sure it’s to manually block balls from falling out when raising the field? I never chance it and simply remove the,

OK, so this makes some sense that it would keep the balls contained in the trough if you were raising the PF or transporting the machine.

#3522 1 year ago

Just curious if anyone has one for sale in Australia?Feel free to contact me for further discussion

Cheers

#3523 1 year ago

Now to move to this thread. mine came in yesterday.

Ordered 3/8/21
Paid in Full 4/6/22
Delivered 5/13/22

The box came in pristine condition with a few sensors that where partially triggered. Slight ding on headboard hardly noticeable. I think it came from the factory this way. game seems to be working okay so far.

The rug is currently outside airing out. It smelled like fish and urine no joke. does it come pre-peed on like from the movie? =)

IMG_2068 (resized).jpgIMG_2068 (resized).jpg
#3524 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Does this help you? It doesn’t matter if you put the connector on the left or right pair. Same voltages.
[quoted image]

It did! Thank you!

Now I just need to figure out why the ball gets stuck in the "Lets go bowling" lane in the upper play field 90% of the time

#3525 1 year ago

what the hell happened to your rug? Mine smelled like a new rug. I didn't get movie piss add on. :/

#3526 1 year ago

I just felt it necessary to comment and write this. I am thrilled to own my TBL machine #620. I have been asked by many: "Was it worth it?" My response is "Hell Yes!"

It was worth the long wait. Based on the features and quality, it is worth the price. It has also been worth every bit of slight tweaking and minor adjustments some of us have had to do to get our TBLs just right.

Rens has provided fantastic support, and I feel that the machine has been built very well.

My first job was working in a skateboard park arcade at the age of 14 in 1981. I have been servicing pins, repairing PCB's and restoring machines for over 40 years.

Please realize, it is NOT 1991-1993. There is no "prototype routing" program for machines that will end up in massive production runs of 15k-20k units.

DP has done a great job of building this machine and addressing the issues that have come up based on its smaller production size.

If you are uncomfortable with hand tools, and are uncomfortable making minor adjustments, maybe you shouldn't buy a TBL. Maybe you also shouldn't buy any other pinball machine either, because TBL is built better than almost every other new machine around.

You might also want to avoid cars, bicycles, as well as most mechanical devices.

I can't stand seeing people bash DP and Rens because they can't adjust a switch.

I want to Thank Rens for the great support, as well as Thank DP for making my TBL machine. -mk

#3527 1 year ago

Is there a writeup of the code structure of the game anywhere? I know a wizard mode is missing. Anything else?

I want to pull the trigger on one of these but I’m worried that the code depth won’t be there.

#3528 1 year ago

Scoop kickback center drain issue.

Has anyone had this issue? I changed the coil strength to all settings, I even bent the scoop upper lip and was still draining 25% to 50% a game. I saw someone online put a small piece of rubber inside the left scoop wall which he or she said corrected the issue. I tried a piece of adhesive felt and it actually worked. No drains since then!!! Any other suggestions? not sure how long the felt trick will work.

#3529 1 year ago
Quoted from zucot:

I want to pull the trigger on one of these but I’m worried that the code depth won’t be there.

If you think MM has kind of gamedepth ... TBL will have also a game depth. It is somehow very similar.
Missing the wizzardmode and some finetuning, but ... there will be a final software release. So no argument not to buy this great pin.
No chance to play in your area ?
I bought in blind due the theme, not disapointet in any way.

#3530 1 year ago

Slowly but surely work is progressing for rel 1.00

No scheduled release date. It will be ready when ready. But rest assured, it’s not forgotten !!

2C5D5636-6074-496C-9C0C-969B4B3C8263 (resized).jpeg2C5D5636-6074-496C-9C0C-969B4B3C8263 (resized).jpeg

#3531 1 year ago

Great option for us who will probably never get side armor for Lebowski. These flipper botton protectors from Titan Pinball are literally invisible. They are not mylar. They are similar to wall decals and are extremely easy to remove. I highly recommend them.

20220523_144956 (resized).jpg20220523_144956 (resized).jpg20220523_145019 (resized).jpg20220523_145019 (resized).jpg
#3532 1 year ago
Quoted from tk375:

Great option for us who will probably never get side armor for Lebowski. These flipper botton protectors from Titan Pinball are literally invisible. They are not mylar. They are similar to wall decals and are extremely easy to remove. I highly recommend them.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice find.
Just curious from the long time owners- how is your decal holding up??

#3533 1 year ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Nice find.
Just curious from the long time owners- how is your decal holding up??

I have them on several of my games and they have held up great.

#3534 1 year ago
Quoted from tk375:

[quoted image][quoted image]

The ones on their website appear to be different than the ones you are showing on your game: https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=138

the-big-lebowski-walter (resized).pngthe-big-lebowski-walter (resized).png

#3535 1 year ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

The ones on their website appear to be different than the ones you are showing on your game: https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=138
[quoted image]

No, they are the same.

#3536 1 year ago

I am FINALLY a part of this club! I wanted to own this game since it was revealed, and never thought I'd have the chance. I am beyond stoked!

Game is well build, high quality parts, sturdy, heavy, solid. There were not issues or problems beyond a "bend this" here and a "lift that" there. Game plays as it should. The sound is amazing, the gameplay is impressive, the variation of shots and things you can do is great!

Dutch Pinball really hit a home run here. I can't wait to see the finished code. If Dutch makes another game, I'll absolutely be interested.

59D63F9F-5071-4827-BDAA-AFDE172D4BE2 (resized).jpeg59D63F9F-5071-4827-BDAA-AFDE172D4BE2 (resized).jpeg641F4F68-8B06-4114-9863-9EDB8F27A4D8 (resized).jpeg641F4F68-8B06-4114-9863-9EDB8F27A4D8 (resized).jpeg
#3537 1 year ago

I am FINALLY a part of this club! I wanted to own this game since it was revealed, and never thought I'd have the chance. I am beyond stoked!
Game is well build, high quality parts, sturdy, heavy, solid. There were not issues or problems beyond a "bend this" here and a "lift that" there. Game plays as it should. The sound is amazing, the gameplay is impressive, the variation of shots and things you can do is great!
Dutch Pinball really hit a home run here. I can't wait to see the finished code. If Dutch makes another game, I'll absolutely be interested.[quoted image][quoted image]

Welcome to the club!

#3538 1 year ago

Dutch Pinball really hit a home run here. I can't wait to see the finished code. If Dutch makes another game, I'll absolutely be interested.[quoted image][quoted image]

Congratulations! having said that...
PLASTIC PROTECTORS! PLASTIC PROTECTORS! WATER VINYL TUBING ON BOWLING PINS. Don't use pinball rubbers for the bowling pins, they will make them bounce more and will still break.

#3539 1 year ago
Quoted from tk375:

PLASTIC PROTECTORS! PLASTIC PROTECTORS! RUBBER TUBING ON BOWLING PINS. Don't use pinball rubbers for the bowling pins, they will make them bounce more and will still break.

What specifically did you use on your pins? I bought the correct rubber rings and planned to install them this weekend

#3540 1 year ago
Quoted from per3per3:

What specifically did you use on your pins? I bought the correct rubber rings and planned to install them this weekend

Clear vinyl tubing to be correct. 1/2 thick. You can buy a foot for under a dollar.

#3541 1 year ago

The game is available for the public to play @ The Pinball Co-op, the only place in all of New England you can find this game on location!

Quoted from tk375:

PLASTIC PROTECTORS! PLASTIC PROTECTORS! WATER VINYL TUBING ON BOWLING PINS. Don't use pinball rubbers for the bowling pins, they will make them bounce more and will still break.

Uhh.... dang! I literally just spent an hour putting rubbers on. I have vinyl tubing.

Plastic protectors eh? I may have ordered some already, I'll have to check.

Thank you, fellow dude.

#3542 1 year ago
Quoted from tk375:

Clear vinyl tubing to be correct. 1/2 thick. You can buy a foot for under a dollar.

Can you send a pick of what you mean and an install?

#3543 1 year ago

In regard to the bowling pins I would like to repeat an earlier post. See attachement.

It does also contain a link for a STL file for a 3D printer for the plastic limiters.

And it has a warning if you wanna use the rubber rings eg check if they are good enough for you.

Bowling Alley replacing pins - adding limiters guide.pdfBowling Alley replacing pins - adding limiters guide.pdf
#3544 1 year ago

I'm a bit confused now over whether the rubber rings are good enough...there seems to be some conflicting info. Why are they not sufficient? Will they break? I noticed someone else installed them with some tape on both sides but I wasn't clear as to why

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated. I don't have a 3D printer so the file doesn't help me unfortunately. I would like to employ a fix before my pins start to break

#3545 1 year ago
Quoted from Dexter:

Can you send a pick of what you mean and an install?

See post #3458

#3546 1 year ago
Quoted from per3per3:

I'm a bit confused now over whether the rubber rings are good enough...there seems to be some conflicting info. Why are they not sufficient? Will they break? I noticed someone else installed them with some tape on both sides but I wasn't clear as to why
Any clarification would be greatly appreciated. I don't have a 3D printer so the file doesn't help me unfortunately. I would like to employ a fix before my pins start to break

Just check if with the rubber installed the pins are still able to touch the metal axis behind them yes or no. If you go in testmenu and activate the coils you should be able to hear this happening yes or no. And otherwise check with your eyes.

The document also contains the dimensions of the plastic rings so if you have some tubing lying around with correct inner diameter and cut it to a height of 6 mm you are fine to.

Also, if you sent a shipping adress and tbl sn to [email protected] we can sent you the rings.

#3548 1 year ago
Quoted from per3per3:

I felt that the 5/16 rubber rings were a bit too small and had too much bounce. The small layer of duct tape reduced the bounce and made the size bigger so the pin travel would not reach the bars behind the pins. This idea worked really well, and I had no more pins damaged after using this solution.

20220512_104857 (resized).jpg20220512_104857 (resized).jpg
#3549 1 year ago

I would like to add extra lighting to my bowling alley and wanted to hear from other TBL owners who have done this. What lines did you tap to do this? What kind of lighting did you use? How well did it work? Thanks much, mk

#3550 1 year ago

why? It's plenty for what it is. The newer code uses white light as well, so you can see better.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
15,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 210.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,279 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/71?hl=per3per3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.