IMG_20240423_132641615 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240423_132359275 (resized).jpg
IMG_5894 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5893 (resized).jpeg
735513270 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,312 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 147.
#3451 2 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

My buddy just gave me this Kahlua Neon sign. Decided to use it as a sort of topper. I hung it on the wall right behind the game and I think it looks pretty good.[quoted image][quoted image]

I don't hate it man!

#3452 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Over 13000 balls have gone through the bowling alley without a single pin breaking so clearly this is the way to go. So, solution is not stronger pins but a limiter (the ring) making the swing upwards different and not hitting anything anymore. Rings have been ordered and also a STL file for 3D printing will be provided.
To be cntd asap but looks like we are (finally) heading the right direction

Will these replacement pins be sent to Cointaker for distribution? I look everywhere in my machine and I am missing one. The one in the third row in the middle never made it...

277466899_963725507638120_7448349126153329329_n (resized).jpg277466899_963725507638120_7448349126153329329_n (resized).jpg
#3453 2 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

Will these replacement pins be sent to Cointaker for distribution? I look everywhere in my machine and I am missing one. The one in the third row in the middle never made it...
[quoted image]

…you will probably find it underneath the bowling alley in the shouterlane

#3454 2 years ago
Quoted from DrBernd:

…you will probably find it underneath the bowling alley in the shouterlane

Dang! it was exactly in the middle where the ball shots up. It was a pain to get out! I was able to find it after really looking inside...

#3455 2 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

Dang! it was exactly in the middle where the ball shots up. It was a pain to get out! I was able to find it after really looking inside...

…they always land at the bottom of the launch (shooter ) lane

#3456 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Over 13000 balls have gone through the bowling alley without a single pin breaking so clearly this is the way to go. So, solution is not stronger pins but a limiter (the ring) making the swing upwards different and not hitting anything anymore. Rings have been ordered and also a STL file for 3D printing will be provided.
To be cntd asap but looks like we are (finally) heading the right direction

so does that mean rings can be shipped out to keep pins from breaking? Actually a slightly longer coil stop, would do the same thing. Would keep the plunger from going in farther,which also would keep the pins from hitting the back bar.

#3457 2 years ago

FYI:
Foil Variant i still available. They won't last.

Screenshot_20220416-121718_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220416-121718_Chrome (resized).jpg
#3458 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

so does that mean rings can be shipped out to keep pins from breaking? Actually a slightly longer coil stop, would do the same thing. Would keep the plunger from going in farther,which also would keep the pins from hitting the back bar.

That would do the same trick. Ufortunately that type coilstop is not available.

A German customer couldn’t wait and got some tubing with an inner diameter of 10 mm and cut of like 7-8 mm and made his own rings.

0843E9A9-FA91-454C-B2AC-F989B9124FD3 (resized).jpeg0843E9A9-FA91-454C-B2AC-F989B9124FD3 (resized).jpeg
#3459 2 years ago

maybe if we put a 7mm puck inside of the coil stop, like a plug. That would be easier to install, and more dependable. Where the rings my cut through and fall off over time. If we could find solid tubing the same dia as the coil stop, should wedge in good and not move around inside the sleeve.

#3460 2 years ago

…what about using a rubber ring instead of a piece of tube? I already found my own solution, but maybe that‘s worth a try too.

#3461 2 years ago
Quoted from DrBernd:

…what about using a rubber ring instead of a piece of tube? I already found my own solution, but maybe that‘s worth a try too.

Wouldn’t rubber or some similar elastic material actually be better as it will absorb some of the impact compared to PLA?

#3462 2 years ago

I was thinking of trying O Rings. I have all various sizes at home. I figure they will fit snugly and also add some absorption. Thoughts?

My Pin comes hopefully in the next month or so. I doubt it will have a fix from the factory by then.

#3463 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

This is what I did by putting the "coil cushion" on top of the coil stop in the form of a small cone shaped piece of receipt paper. I have not had any problems with pins since doing this.

#3464 2 years ago

Just put my order in with Cointaker. Looking forward to joining the club!

#3467 2 years ago

Any news on the next code update drop? Or a sneak peek at code testing in progress?

#3468 2 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Any news on the next code update drop? Or a sneak peek at code testing in progress?

I was told my mid year. So i am guessing May-July timeframe.

#3469 2 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Latest news: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/69#post-6873214

#3470 2 years ago

All-
I have 2 tested - 100% working motherboards. Drop in replacement for serial numbers below 500. Great plug & play backup.

Will start to carry motherboard over serial #500 soon.

Let me know if interested. Typically go fast.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-mods

646D69CC-F5B1-4B88-92FC-3C3067426EF9 (resized).jpeg646D69CC-F5B1-4B88-92FC-3C3067426EF9 (resized).jpeg
#3471 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

All-
I have 2 tested - 100% working motherboards. Drop in replacement for serial numbers below 500. Great plug & play backup.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-mods[quoted image]

what happened after 500? I have number 498. and you have seen my setup.

#3472 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

what happened after 500? I have number 498. and you have seen my setup.

They went to new motherboard, hard drive with new software drivers, etc.

You may be able to plug this PC into new serial number machines too as they may have loaded the older hardware drivers on to the new hard drive.

#3473 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

All-

I’ll take a few? I’m in the 300s

6A88D37E-1617-4228-9222-42CCBD47AC68 (resized).png6A88D37E-1617-4228-9222-42CCBD47AC68 (resized).png
#3474 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

They went to new motherboard, hard drive with new software drivers, etc.
You may be able to plug this PC into new serial number machines too as they may have loaded the older hardware drivers on to the new hard drive.

I am running old type PC motherboard with new OS. No issues. It was designed to be backwards compatible.

#3475 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

I am running old type PC motherboard with new OS. No issues. It was designed to be backwards compatible.

Right on - cool.
So these motherboards will work with all serial number machines!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3476 2 years ago

Do you guys know how many Lebowskis have been made so far? Are the serial numbers reflective of that? Also curious how the new run of playfields is holding up compared to the old stock. Mine comes in a couple of weeks.

#3477 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Right on - cool.
So these motherboards will work with all serial number machines!

I also have the new software because they had to send me a new drive since my OS was all ass'd up.

#3478 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

I'm guessing any similar spec motherboard would work. What board is in the newer machines?

#3479 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

I'm guessing any similar spec motherboard would work. What board is in the newer machines?

If you have the original motherboard and you want to buy the new motherboard for a spare you will also need the new hard drive as well.
DP’s new hard drive (different OS + drivers) for the new motherboard. And as Rens indicated above the new hard drive will run the original motherboard too! (So all software drives to run original & new motherboards must be on the newer hard drive).

DP has indicated for all production machines they will release Game code updates. So no reason to upgrade computers or hard drives.

#3480 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

If you have the original motherboard and you want to buy the new motherboard for a spare you will also need the new hard drive as well.
DP’s new hard drive (different OS + drivers) for the new motherboard. And as Rens indicated above the new hard drive will run the original motherboard too! (So all software drives to run original & new motherboards must be on the newer hard drive).
DP has indicated for all production machines they will release Game code updates. So no reason to upgrade computers or hard drives.

The older drive image should work with the new board just like the newer drive image works with the old board. This would only come into play if someone with an older game had a motherboard issue and wanted to get up and running with a newer board on an older image they backed up.

The only issue I could see is with the video driver in the older image handing HDMI output since the older board and display is VGA. My understanding from an earlier discussion is that the newer OS build has some new, updated (and more stable?) drivers, and a tweak to get rid of that annoying system error pop-up. The TBL drive images are not that large currently at a little over 10gb, so just about any SATA III SSD will work.

Any further discussion on this should probably be over in the tech support thread.

#3481 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

The older drive image should work with the new board just like the newer drive image works with the old board. This would only come into play if someone with an older game had a motherboard issue and wanted to get up and running with a newer board on an older image they backed up.
The only issue I could see is with the video driver in the older image handing HDMI output since the older board and display is VGA. My understanding from an earlier discussion is that the newer OS build has some new, updated (and more stable?) drivers, and a tweak to get rid of that annoying system error pop-up. The TBL drive images are not that large currently at a little over 10gb, so just about any SATA III SSD will work.
Any further discussion on this should probably be over in the tech support thread.

Agree.
Cool part is both original and new PC are good to go in newer and original games.

People some day might want to update their harddrive to the newer OS. (If it is more stable? Not sure if this true though).

#3482 1 year ago

Hi Rens, do you know if the bowling pin fix is going to available anytime soon? I have a broken pin and I am holding off fixing until I can get the parts. No sense taking out the bowling alley twice.Thanks

#3483 1 year ago
Quoted from Chopper36:

Hi Rens, do you know if the bowling pin fix is going to available anytime soon? I have a broken pin and I am holding off fixing until I can get the parts. No sense taking out the bowling alley twice.Thanks

You could do the fix right now if you wanted to: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/70#post-6885466

#3484 1 year ago
Quoted from Chopper36:

We should be talking of weeks, not months. As long as the supplier does what he promises.

Also no reason to rush, it’s purely cosmetic after all. BA works fine, even with zero pins. Just look at the screen when bowling for aiming

#3485 1 year ago

Wanted to share my bowling alley fix, after seeing the recommended fix from Rens, this seems to limit the travel of the pins!

IMG_4516 (resized).JPGIMG_4516 (resized).JPG
#3486 1 year ago
Quoted from SDAmusements:

Wanted to share my bowling alley fix, after seeing the recommended fix from Rens, this seems to limit the travel of the pins!
[quoted image]

What size rings did you use?

#3487 1 year ago
Quoted from SDAmusements:

[quoted image]

Did the same, works well

34ACDB4B-AADD-4CEF-B987-FE1E70BE2FA1 (resized).jpeg34ACDB4B-AADD-4CEF-B987-FE1E70BE2FA1 (resized).jpeg
#3489 1 year ago

Anyone tried doing something similar with a cable tie?

#3490 1 year ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Anyone tried doing something similar with a cable tie?

2 zip ties might work and you wouldn't have to take much apart, the rubbers give a little more cushion I would think. The pins travel up fine with the rubber rings.

#3491 1 year ago

Are these rubber rings 5/16 or 3/8 inch inner diameter size?

#3492 1 year ago

So, tried this out quickly with a white 5/16 inner diameter rubbers and appears to be working great.

Plastic ring will have a height of 6 mm and this is approx 5 mm. But it clearly does the job, eg making sure the pin doesn’t hit the metal rod behind it.

See video at https://photos.app.goo.gl/DTWeYnMYddY7RqCD9

No need to wait for plastic rings I guess. In fact, in volume this is even cheaper. In fact you don’t need to do the last row of 4 pcs as there is no metal rod which can hit them but I do like the shock absorbing part of the rubber.

Will talk this over with the factory but thanks for taking the factory idea to the next level

13322F77-5125-47C7-A764-CA924D492F48 (resized).jpeg13322F77-5125-47C7-A764-CA924D492F48 (resized).jpeg45229674-A7D5-4885-80C8-717ED0C0DBB6 (resized).jpeg45229674-A7D5-4885-80C8-717ED0C0DBB6 (resized).jpegA11BC470-EC15-476A-9B1A-F64C470B22A6 (resized).jpegA11BC470-EC15-476A-9B1A-F64C470B22A6 (resized).jpeg
#3493 1 year ago

What's the easiest way to remove the pin to install the ring? Is that process referenced in the manual? If so, could you point us to where?

Thanks!

#3494 1 year ago

I will make an instruction for this but already in the manual is a section on how to replace broken pins. You can use this as a basis, just no need to remove the big metal rod. The plunger has enough play to be removed from the coil with completely disassembling it.

#3495 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

I will make an instruction for this but already in the manual is a section on how to replace broken pins. You can use this as a basis, just no need to remove the big metal rod. The plunger has enough play to be removed from the coil with completely disassembling it.

Is the long term answer to change the length of the plunger rod?

#3496 1 year ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

All-

These 2 are sold.

I have received 1 more.
First one to message will get it!
Thx
-cpr9999

D6AE8C94-F7FA-4DA7-BF6F-36ECB21B5AD4 (resized).jpegD6AE8C94-F7FA-4DA7-BF6F-36ECB21B5AD4 (resized).jpeg
#3497 1 year ago

So, with thanks to several Pinsiders for adding the idea of the rubber ring I created this application note describing how to replace broken pins and adding a 'limiter'. Hope this helps you all.

I have been told first batch of plastic rings are expected to arrive at DP next or week after. When those are used DP is now considering to move to the rubber ring option also.

Bowling Alley replacing pins - adding limiters guide.pdfBowling Alley replacing pins - adding limiters guide.pdf
#3498 1 year ago

Where can I order more pins? I don’t see it on DP website. Is this covered under warranty? I only have 4 unbroken pins left.

#3499 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

So, with thanks to several Pinsiders for adding the idea of the rubber ring I created this application note describing how to replace broken pins and adding a 'limiter'. Hope this helps you all.
I have been told first batch of plastic rings are expected to arrive at DP next or week after. When those are used DP is now considering to move to the rubber ring option also.[quoted image]

This idea is simple and easy to do. Just did it myself yesterday with some 5/16 rubber rings I had at the house. Took my time and was done in about 15min. Removed the first three rows one at a time, and then Left the last row of pins alone and had plenty of room to install the rubbers. Then just reinstalled the first three in reverse order.

#3500 1 year ago
Quoted from CoPinfan:

Where can I order more pins? I don’t see it on DP website. Is this covered under warranty? I only have 4 unbroken pins left.

You need to sent a mail to [email protected] incl tbl sn and name with shipping adress.

We will take it from there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 210.00
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 22.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,312 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 147.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/70?hl=per3per3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.