Photo Apr 19 2024, 8 56 12 AM (resized).jpg
IMG_3236 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1010 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1010 (resized).jpeg
King On Throne (resized).jpg
20240415_202251 (resized).jpg
TBL HALO's (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,297 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 146.
#3301 2 years ago

but even if I can't see it, I should be able to use it. When you hide your task bar in windows, you can still use keys to activate things. I cannot activate any launch bar things at all. And i changed the display setting to be only the main monitor.

and turned off hidden Launch bar feature. It's like the launch bar is locked out from being used at all.

#3302 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

but even if I can't see it, I should be able to use it. When you hide your task bar in windows, you can still use keys to activate things. I cannot activate any launch bar things at all. And i changed the display setting to be only the main monitor.
and turned off hidden Launch bar feature. It's like the launch bar is locked out from being used at all.

Well, considering your keyboard shortcuts don't work, you can't see the launch bar, your windows don't have the X to close them, I'd say you might actually have a "System program problem". I can't think of anything else for you to try if you can't get a terminal to type commands. Swapping a hard drive in with a known good image should fix it, unless there's another hardware issue that caused it to get messed up in the first place. A direct replacement for the solid state drive is pretty cheap on Amazon, but you'd need to load the image onto it (see the support guide for details). If you want send me a message and I could get the image loaded up and mail the drive to you. I think there's someone here that sells the replacement drives pre-loaded too.

#3303 2 years ago

So the windows are suppose to have a closing x in the corner like microsoft windows have?

Seems to me that there is a setting to lock out users from being able to alter things in the code. This game is barely 7 months old. I should not have this severe of an issue.

#3304 2 years ago

Rens,

Any chance that Koen is going to implement stacking of modes? Right now there does not seem to be any stacking allowed. It would be great to implement stacking as the game is extremely challenging and would make it a bit easier if modes could be stacked.

Thanks
Ed

#3305 2 years ago

I don't mean to be a complainer, but there's already a thread dedicated to TBL support. It would be great if all that stuff was put over there to keep everything organized so when people look for ways to fix their games, they aren't searching through 2 or 3 different threads.

This thread should be for all non-support related posts.

1 week later
#3306 2 years ago

Finally got around to installing the white apron plastic that Time so kindly provided. Took awhile with the heat gun to prevent breaking the plastic and my patience payed off. Much improved over the orange lettering. Mirror tint looks good even with the lights off. Thanks again!

704F02D6-57ED-438E-A4AD-3575D9FB2BDA (resized).jpeg704F02D6-57ED-438E-A4AD-3575D9FB2BDA (resized).jpeg

066C3A64-0AB2-46FF-8DFF-7EE38F78DF47 (resized).jpeg066C3A64-0AB2-46FF-8DFF-7EE38F78DF47 (resized).jpeg

#3307 2 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Finally got around to installing the white apron plastic that Time so kindly provided. Took awhile with the heat gun to prevent breaking the plastic and my patience payed Much improved over the orange lettering. Mirror tint looks good even with the lights off. Thanks again!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

What did you use the heat gun for?
If to remove old orange plastic, what temp and how long did you heat up orange plastic.
Thx

#3308 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

What did you use the heat gun for?
If to remove old orange plastic, what temp and how long did you heat up orange plastic.
Thx

Yes, to remove the orange plastic. I had the heat gun on low and it took me 10 minutes to heat up and slowly pry off.

#3309 2 years ago

Quick question to the people who own TBL a bit longer;
Have you experience with playfield wear?
I`m getting a new TBL next week and am still uncertain about installing a PF-protector. The machine will be played in a home environment.

#3310 2 years ago
Quoted from wb2rl:

I`m getting a new TBL next week and am still uncertain about installing a PF-protector. The machine will be played in a home environment.

You should have no worries, these playfields from everything I've seen hold up great.

#3311 2 years ago
Quoted from wb2rl:

I've had many different games from different suppliers. I think my TBL playfield is one of the best.

#3312 2 years ago
Theres-just-one (resized).jpgTheres-just-one (resized).jpg
#3313 2 years ago

I was cracking up reading this article the other day. Apparently Sam Elliott didn’t heed the advice that he gave to the Dude there in that quote!!

https://apple.news/A1x_n0aD4SXyUUdjTRuVu_A

#3314 2 years ago
Quoted from wb2rl:

It might depend !
Playfields from the first run, made by Mirco, have a long long history. They had about 5 years to resettle in the factory stored until DP re-starts to build TBL.
So this playfields are really "hanged up" and the coat cut cure for years.

We do not know if there is meanwhile a second, third batch of playfields. This playfields would not have cured for so long.

My TBL is now 15 month old, has around 500 games and it starts now on the left inlane rollover to chip. I prefer playing with no protector and I am not afraid that there will show up some wear with the time. Will put some mylar on , thats it.

#3315 2 years ago

Anyone have any tricks for leveling the clear bowling plastic. Have not removed it to see if it is warped but I have spent a considerable amount of time with the adjustment screws and always end up with at least one edge high. I wouldn't care so much but it does affect the ball direction, and airballs.

#3316 2 years ago

my bowling window has been perfectly flat since i've owned the game. I'm wondering if something is in the track where the plastic sits? or the playfield warped slightly? did you take it out completely and inspect the ridge to make sure no debris landed in there?

#3317 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

my bowling window has been perfectly flat since i've owned the game. I'm wondering if something is in the track where the plastic sits? or the playfield warped slightly? did you take it out completely and inspect the ridge to make sure no debris landed in there?

I am glad to hear that completely flat is possible. My next step is to remove it and do exactly that, check for debris and or warping.

#3318 2 years ago

set the plastic on a sheet of glass, and look at it from the side to see if any part is lifted off the glass. That will tell you where the problem is.

#3319 2 years ago

Just uploaded a new version of Service FAQ

https://www.dutchpinball.com/the_big_lebowski_pinball_support

Happy reading

Rens
DP Support

#3321 2 years ago

Happy Day of the Dude, Fuck it lets play pinball

65DAAC44-4CDE-42BE-968D-3F02015C7F4D (resized).jpeg65DAAC44-4CDE-42BE-968D-3F02015C7F4D (resized).jpeg

#3322 2 years ago
Quoted from DG_Amuse:

Has anyone seen this error message come up? So far I’ve just tried switching software versions back and forth, but that only gets rid of the message temporarily. Hitting cancel gets rid of it temporarily as well. Reporting the problems asks for a password. Thanks.[quoted image]

Dumb question. I’m both new to pinball and have a new TBL. I have this error message. How do I even click cancel? Do I need to connect a laptop to the machine? Thanks

#3323 2 years ago
Quoted from B-Born05:

Happy Day of the Dude, Fuck it lets play pinball
[quoted image]

Very nice! Did you just received yours?

#3324 2 years ago
Quoted from matlynch91:

Dumb question. I’m both new to pinball and have a new TBL. I have this error message. How do I even click cancel? Do I need to connect a laptop to the machine? Thanks

See the mail I sent you this morning with a how-to procedure.

#3325 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

See the mail I sent you this morning with a how-to procedure.

Excellent! Thank you so much.

#3326 2 years ago

Same here.........

Quoted from Rensh:

Two of my favourites in 1 picture
[quoted image]

IMG_9081 (resized).jpegIMG_9081 (resized).jpeg
#3327 2 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

Very nice! Did you just received yours?

Thank you, I’ve had it about a month now.

#3328 2 years ago

I installed the Cliffy set. Pretty easy install. Make sure you have torx screwdrivers and metric nut drivers. I used a set of Milwaukee torx that were long and thin, they really helped out when loosening the ball trough to install the Cliffy there. I removed the screws on the target right of the scoop and that made it easy to remove the old protector and install the new one. I felt it was easier to remove the left ramp wire form and bowling ball return plastic together. Remove the screws that hold down the wood rails and slide in the shooter lane protectors. I’ll add pictures and hopefully they will help.

1107A38A-5EE0-4276-BA6F-0EF40C5A57B4 (resized).jpeg1107A38A-5EE0-4276-BA6F-0EF40C5A57B4 (resized).jpeg1AFBB977-339E-4352-BD17-D0B49DA6C105 (resized).jpeg1AFBB977-339E-4352-BD17-D0B49DA6C105 (resized).jpeg237C3503-5EB6-48A4-8F0D-C9FFEE806700 (resized).jpeg237C3503-5EB6-48A4-8F0D-C9FFEE806700 (resized).jpeg720DD5C9-1C63-4392-B13D-AAD8E616557C (resized).jpeg720DD5C9-1C63-4392-B13D-AAD8E616557C (resized).jpeg97B187FC-5B63-42C8-BF9B-FECB0884157B (resized).jpeg97B187FC-5B63-42C8-BF9B-FECB0884157B (resized).jpegB117D0E2-7066-4F86-8402-E3AAC17BEF26 (resized).jpegB117D0E2-7066-4F86-8402-E3AAC17BEF26 (resized).jpegB18FDB7B-6706-448A-B4BB-F20765440770 (resized).jpegB18FDB7B-6706-448A-B4BB-F20765440770 (resized).jpegDD176DD7-16AD-4AAA-9723-18B81B54F9A5 (resized).jpegDD176DD7-16AD-4AAA-9723-18B81B54F9A5 (resized).jpegDF32EC94-E6C2-451F-BBC4-EDFEA32B970E (resized).jpegDF32EC94-E6C2-451F-BBC4-EDFEA32B970E (resized).jpeg
#3329 2 years ago

New Member here! The Dude has arrived!

66862040788__E5CCE6A5-00BA-4D70-8261-17207261446C (resized).jpg66862040788__E5CCE6A5-00BA-4D70-8261-17207261446C (resized).jpg
#3330 2 years ago
Quoted from Picspins:

I installed the Cliffy set. Pretty easy install. Make sure you have torx screwdrivers and metric nut drivers. I used a set of Milwaukee torx that were long and thin, they really helped out when loosening the ball trough to install the Cliffy there. I removed the screws on the target right of the scoop and that made it easy to remove the old protector and install the new one. I felt it was easier to remove the left ramp wire form and bowling ball return plastic together. Remove the screws that hold down the wood rails and slide in the shooter lane protectors. I’ll add pictures and hopefully they will help.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the pictures. I have an order placed for some Cliffy's and this will be helpful.

#3331 2 years ago

Hello all, I'm trying to get into Ubuntu to see the folders. I followed the tutorial in this thread and I've seen that others have had this problem too. I've connected a keyboard and mouse and hit esc and the windows key. This causes the screen to go black and the game restarts. I've also tried ctrl+esc and ctrl+alt+t and right clicking. None of these seem to work. I don't see the mouse either. Has anyone else had this problem and figured it out?

#3332 2 years ago
Quoted from CoPinfan:

Hello all, I'm trying to get into Ubuntu to see the folders. I followed the tutorial in this thread and I've seen that others have had this problem too. I've connected a keyboard and mouse and hit esc and the windows key. This causes the screen to go black and the game restarts. I've also tried ctrl+esc and ctrl+alt+t and right clicking. None of these seem to work. I don't see the mouse either. Has anyone else had this problem and figured it out?

I was having the error screen pop up and also plugged in a keyboard to follow the directions. I kept getting a black screen with no prompt. I finally just clicked report error which brought brought up another message that I couldn’t get off the screen. I restarted and everything seems to work with no errors now. Support said to take a video of it if it happens again. Not sure this is helpful.

#3333 2 years ago

I officially joined the TBL club and have to say fomo is real. My favorite pin by a long shot. Can’t wait to get the decals and mods from cpr9999 to really finish off the look. Oh and the rug…it really ties the room together.

#3334 2 years ago
Quoted from matlynch91:

I was having the error screen pop up and also plugged in a keyboard to follow the directions. I kept getting a black screen with no prompt. I finally just clicked report error which brought brought up another message that I couldn’t get off the screen. I restarted and everything seems to work with no errors now. Support said to take a video of it if it happens again. Not sure this is helpful.

The question here is why the windows key didn’t reveal the explorer menu.

Current builts (sn 618+) do act different as there a barebone Linux used without explorer functionality. Its a revised OS with updated drivers etc. Error message should also not be happening anymore.

Your serialno indicated old style however.

#3335 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

The question here is why the windows key didn’t reveal the explorer menu.
Current builts (sn 618+) do act different as there a barebone Linux used without explorer functionality. Its a revised OS with updated drivers etc. Error message should also not be happening anymore.
Your serialno indicated old style however.

That's a bummer for me man. My SN is 640.

#3336 2 years ago
Quoted from CoPinfan:

That's a bummer for me man. My SN is 640.

Why a bummer??

Your OS is supposed to be error message free! It just has been stripped of everything not needed to run a pinball and has updated drivers etc.

#3337 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Why a bummer??
Your OS is supposed to be error message free! It just has been stripped of everything not needed to run a pinball and has updated drivers etc.

Yes that is good. I like to tinker though. I’m happy to hear that it is more reliable.

#3338 2 years ago

Anyone have Pinstadiums connected that can post a couple of pictures of how and were you connected them? Thanks in advance!

#3339 2 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

Anyone have Pinstadiums connected that can post a couple of pictures of how and were you connected them? Thanks in advance!

I suggest hooking them up to the 12V PS in the backbox. In the service faq there is more info on this.

#3340 2 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

See item 8:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-mods

#3341 2 years ago

For those who have not yet registered

https://forms.dutchpinball.com/register

If you have ever had contact with me for service purposes, those are already entered in the system to.

Date is stated as optional but is needed for the moment. Is gonna change to be optional.

If you wanna know if you are already in the system sent me a PM with name and serialnumber. I can check and let you know.

#3342 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

For those who have not yet registered
https://forms.dutchpinball.com/register
If you have ever had contact with me for service purposes, those are already entered in the system to.
Date is stated as optional but is needed for the moment. Is gonna change to be optional.
If you wanna know if you are already in the system sent me a PM with name and serialnumber. I can check and let you know.

Done. Thanks Rensh. Loving the game! Top 10 for sure in my book!

#3343 2 years ago

cpr9999 - Sent you a few PMs. Looking to purchase your mods. Please reach out to me. Thanks - Ryan

#3344 2 years ago
Quoted from Dexter:

cpr9999 - Sent you a few PMs. Looking to purchase your mods. Please reach out to me. Thanks - Ryan

Will do.
Backed up - thanks for your patience.

#3345 2 years ago

Can anybody please tell me how to take out my rug? I want to install mylar to prevent the rug label from getting damaged. Or is there a way to install mylar on the rug without removing it?

Pics and any help would be extremely appreciated! Thanks, mk

#3346 2 years ago
Quoted from mkdud:

Can anybody please tell me how to take out my rug? I want to install mylar to prevent the rug label from getting damaged. Or is there a way to install mylar on the rug without removing it?
Pics and any help would be extremely appreciated! Thanks, mk

I just cut to the width, guessed by wrapping the rug with the backing still on the cut piece. Just went a little extra so it would overlap. Super simple.

#3347 2 years ago

Question. Just became part of the club. These go in the inside backbox correct? Thx!

20220324_094410 (resized).jpg20220324_094410 (resized).jpg
#3348 2 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

Question. Just became part of the club. These go in the inside backbox correct? Thx!
[quoted image]

Welcome to the best club in the world

They belong indeed in the backbox. You can use it for 100% securing the backbox to the cabinet.

#3349 2 years ago

Curious if anyone wise has experienced or solved this issue.

When I first received the game my flippers were very sensitive, I could do light taps, tap passes ect by quickly or partially hitting the flipper buttons. This allowed my more ball control than only being limited to full power button presses. Over time that ability has gone away and now I feel like I’m mashing the flipper buttons and they aren’t as responsive as they used to be. I’ve talked with Rens about this several times and he has tried to help but we have yet to understand the cause or find a solution.

I replaced the coil stops which had an immediate effect on my gameplay and power but not responsiveness. I just replaced the cabinet buttons last night and no difference. Optos seem fine, everything else appears in place.

How do I get back that sensitivity and responsiveness I had in the beginning?

#3350 2 years ago

did you check the plugs from where the cabinet switches go to the boards?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 22.50
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

15,000 (OBO)
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,297 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/67?hl=spelunk71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.