306EEAE0-3153-4EED-ACCB-6415364DB7C9 (resized).jpeg
FE5875DF-3A58-41A5-8AA4-CE861E460F91 (resized).jpeg
542B141D-3FA2-4C94-8BFD-71AD18D658C2 (resized).jpeg
54F6AE7F-C828-4DE5-89E8-847C051681D7 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7069 (resized).png
IMG_2193 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240315_104555_Gallery (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,141 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 143.
#3251 2 years ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Ahh good advice on the magnet tool -
Picspins It would be great if you can post some pics or a general guide or watch items for future reference. Thanks all!!

I just ordered a set earlier this week, FYI he’s above 3-4weeks backed up on orders right now.

#3252 2 years ago
Quoted from B-Born05:

I just ordered a set earlier this week, FYI he’s above 3-4weeks backed up on orders right now.

I can confirm - I just ordered a single part for Ghostbuster scoop - he asked to be patient. My TBL's at least 90 days out so - may be a good idea to submit an order now

#3253 2 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Why are you including the "Big Lebowski - Mods" seller in with flippers? He makes great (and reasonably priced as mods go) accessories for TBL!

To clarify, that ad just happened to be in the screen shot. Totally agree with you! And I own some of his mods on my machine

#3254 2 years ago

So ....I have always really wanted to have this game. I was signed up in the beginning but got out after all the initial problems. I have just recently been thinking about getting a machine but am not interested in paying a markup. How safe would it be to order a NIB at this point? What kind of realistic time-frame should I expect. Thanks for the help!

#3255 2 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

No real instructions per se. Fairly straight forward stuff. Just take it slow; use a magnet tool to snag nuts and washers as remove them; and only remove what's necessary.
Taking photos as you go is always best (and safe) - especially if you're new to playfield disassembly.

I have them on mine too. I don't remember it being too difficult, just a lot of screws to remove. I seem to remember the trough protector being the hardest part, but maybe I just took apart more than I needed to for it.

If you are going to put plastic protectors on, do both together and save yourself some time.

#3256 2 years ago

Hope that cliffy do some ramp entrance protectors, this game needs them

#3257 2 years ago
Quoted from SLRage:

So ....I have always really wanted to have this game. I was signed up in the beginning but got out after all the initial problems. I have just recently been thinking about getting a machine but am not interested in paying a markup. How safe would it be to order a NIB at this point? What kind of realistic time-frame should I expect. Thanks for the help!

Its ZERO risk to make a deposit with Cointaker for one at this point. If DP goes belly-up, you get a refund. simple as that. Get in your deposit now because if these second hand flipper prices are any indicator, not to mention parts and supply chain issues, this game is due for another price hike...it was 9500, then 10,000, then 12,500 including air freight and now 13,000 plus shipping. Get in now before prices go up again.

Your wait will be AT LEAST a full year. Expect 18 months and be happy if it shows up faster.

Or just buy a used one for 15,000 or so and have it before the end of this month. The markup hasnt really been that high all things considered until the NIB flippers started going crazy on this most recent shipment from DP. Disappointing to see but not surprising...we shall see if anyone actually buys at those prices.

#3258 2 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Hope that cliffy do some ramp entrance protectors, this game needs them

The problem is that he needs the actual game to make a template for them. He said he’d do them if he could get his hands on one.

I spoke with Barry and he was super kind about trying to accommodate and even offered to send Cliff a set of the ramps. However, Cliff needs the whole game so he can see what other bits will or won’t interfere with the pieces, where they can screw in, etc etc. So, if someone near him can invite him over, it could solve it for all of us.

#3259 2 years ago
Quoted from flipper-happy:

I don’t recall what build I was on when I did it, but I know when I deleted all the player profiles
from the machine, the high scores were deleted as well. So maybe just deleting player profile with the high score will clear it for you?

Quoted from Rensh:

There is no choice to only delete high scores. Deleting player profiles is likely to do this to as above explained, just never tried.

Ok that's what I figured. Would be nice to be able to delete just the high scores and keep the profiles. I'll submit an enhancement request! Thanks for confirming!

#3260 2 years ago

Hey Dudes! How bout the Michelob Ultra beer commercial with Payton Manning at the bowling alley during the Super Bowl last night. Sure had that Lebowski feel to it man.

#3261 2 years ago
Quoted from jukeboxtim:

Hey Dudes! How bout the Michelob Ultra beer commercial with Payton Manning at the bowling alley during the Super Bowl last night. Sure had that Lebowski feel to it man.

Yeah, I added Showdown to my TBL song mix a few weeks ago. Fits the bowling theme nicley.

#3262 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

Yeah, I added Showdown to my TBL song mix a few weeks ago. Fits the bowling theme nicley.

Funny you mention that as I was thinking the same thing. Out of curiosity, which song did you replace. I'm also considering adding Man in Me but not sure what I'd replace.

#3263 2 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Funny you mention that as I was thinking the same thing. Out of curiosity, which song did you replace. I'm also considering adding Man in Me but not sure what I'd replace.

I wrote a script that randomizes songs at startup (see post 3094). I put this one in the Run Through the Jungle spot. I have The Man in Me replacing Oye Coma Va permanently.

#3264 2 years ago

Currently having an issue with my mini playfield. In test report it says MPF scoop stuck closed. I'm having trouble even locating what its talking about. Where is this switch. I've gone over every switch it seems that is involved with the mini playfield to no avail. Currently no switches work on the miniplayfied either. Both parking switches and back mini ramp switch are inactive too. One of the parking lights is stuck on too. Any helps or threads to point me in the right direction is appreciated.

Thanks

#3265 2 years ago

I'm having the same issue.... I got no lights or switches working on mini playfield but flipper works??
Same error in test: MPF Scoop stuck closed
Can't figure it out either.

We should move too maintenance thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-lotta-ins-a-lotta-outs-tbl-maintenance-thread

#3266 2 years ago

I didn’t even realize a thread like this existed. Thanks. I’m posting over there now.

#3267 2 years ago
Quoted from beauimpala:

Currently having an issue with my mini playfield. In test report it says MPF scoop stuck closed. I'm having trouble even locating what its talking about. Where is this switch. I've gone over every switch it seems that is involved with the mini playfield to no avail. Currently no switches work on the miniplayfied either. Both parking switches and back mini ramp switch are inactive too. One of the parking lights is stuck on too. Any helps or threads to point me in the right direction is appreciated.
Thanks

Quoted from Junkhauler:

I'm having the same issue.... I got no lights or switches working on mini playfield but flipper works??
Same error in test: MPF Scoop stuck closed
Can't figure it out either.
We should move too maintenance thread.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-lotta-ins-a-lotta-outs-tbl-maintenance-thread

You both probably have a loose ribbon cable underneath your mini playfield. Remember to hot glue or gaffers tape it in place after reseating as it will continue to happen otherwise. I had my mini playfield off 3 or 4 times before I secured it in place. No problems since (with that issue).

#3268 2 years ago

I had this show up on my game the other day. Thought it was a one time glitch and it would go away once i turned the game off and back on. It is always there and i dont know how to get it off the display. And i found the thread with the link on doing something in the background and turning off the error messages. But i dont know how to get in the background with just a keyboard.

20220215_231245_HDR (resized).jpg20220215_231245_HDR (resized).jpg

20220215_231252_HDR (resized).jpg20220215_231252_HDR (resized).jpg

#3270 2 years ago

I got rid of mine 5 times so far. I do not think it's gone for good. Took about 3 min for it to repop up.

#3271 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I got rid of mine 5 times so far. I do not think it's gone for good. Took about 3 min for it to repop up.

If you ran the commands to delete the /var/crash files and they come back right away then something is causing the linux kernel to panic - could be a driver, corrupted file, hardware related, etc. The files do have useful info in them that can tell you what the specific problem is if it is a persistent issue.

#3272 2 years ago

I couldn't get into the software before to get rid of it fully before. I have the problem manual printed now and will dig deeper.

#3273 2 years ago

The fix they suggest doesnt work. When i hit escape. It just goes to a blank screen. I cannot type anything as there isnt a search bar to type the word terminal.

#3274 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

The fix they suggest doesnt work. When i hit escape. It just goes to a blank screen. I cannot type anything as there isnt a search bar to type the word terminal.

Probably should be over in the tech support thread, but after hitting the windows key try typing terminal even if you can't see it since the search box might just be off screen. If that doesn't work, CTRL-ALT-T is a shortcut to launch a terminal window.

#3275 2 years ago

i tried typing terminal. That didn't work. I'll try the cnrl-alt-t method.

#3276 2 years ago

We at DP are not real Linux experts (and for sure I am not) so we approached the Linux expert who made the new Linux system for TBLs leaving the line now with the doc I earlier made on this with help of other Pinsiders to see if it can be improved

This was his reply

Quote:

Now, the dialog you're mentioning is actually part of the Ubuntu desktop called "Apport". Removing /var/crash/* is definitely a temporary fix, but what you want to do is disable apport entirely.

The user needs to edit (as root) /etc/default/apport (if the file doesn't exist, create it):

Then set the line:
enabled=0

A convenient one liner would be:
sudo echo "enabled=0" > /etc/default/apport

Then reboot the machine.

Hope this helps!

Unquote

My TBL doesnt have this system error so I cant really test it but I wanna try out the above instructions asap to see if this works for me at least without errors. Hope this helps to get rid of this error once and for all. Again, I am NOT a Linux expert so will try to duplicate the above on my TBL as a monkey would do without knowing what I am doing ....

To be complete, this is NOT applicable for the TBLs with the new Linux.

#3277 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

We at DP are not real Linux experts (and for sure I am not) so we approached the Linux expert who made the new Linux system for TBLs leaving the line now with the doc I earlier made on this with help of other Pinsiders to see if it can be improved
This was his reply
Quote:
Now, the dialog you're mentioning is actually part of the Ubuntu desktop called "Apport". Removing /var/crash/* is definitely a temporary fix, but what you want to do is disable apport entirely.
The user needs to edit (as root) /etc/default/apport (if the file doesn't exist, create it):
Then set the line:
enabled=0
A convenient one liner would be:
sudo echo "enabled=0" > /etc/default/apport
Then reboot the machine.
Hope this helps!
Unquote
My TBL doesnt have this system error so I cant really test it but I wanna try out the above instructions asap to see if this works for me at least without errors. Hope this helps to get rid of this error once and for all. Again, I am NOT a Linux expert so will try to duplicate the above on my TBL as a monkey would do without knowing what I am doing ....
To be complete, this is NOT applicable for the TBLs with the new Linux.

Yeah, that's a good idea https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-lotta-ins-a-lotta-outs-tbl-maintenance-thread/page/16#post-6554687

Disabling the error reporting service will just suppress those annoying pop-ups but leave the files in /var/crash so if you do have a big problem those files can be analyzed to see what's going on.

#3278 2 years ago

So where do i put that line? In tue apport folder? Or directory.? Im not understanding at all.

Last time i did programing was on an apple IIe in basic. And i know some dos commands

#3279 2 years ago

apport is a file (yeah, it does not need a file extension to be a file)

If unfamiliar with linux, just enter the one-liner Rensh posted: sudo echo "enabled=0" > /etc/default/apport

This command can be executed anywhere, you don't need to be in a specific folder.

#3280 2 years ago

Well the ctrl alt T. Does not work either. I cant do much until i find out how to get into terminal

#3281 2 years ago

Are you sure your keyboard is connected? Num lock light toggles?

#3282 2 years ago

Yes. Eacape key works fine and ive tried two different keyboards. A usb one and a ps2 style

#3283 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Yes. Eacape key works fine and ive tried two different keyboards. A usb one and a ps2 style

Are you hitting the windows key after escape?

#3284 2 years ago

tried, didn't do shit. Nor does the cntl + alt + T

#3285 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

tried, didn't do shit. Nor does the cntl + alt + T

I'll hook a keyboard up to mine later and see what you need to do. The only thing I can think of is maybe that "System Problem" dialog is somehow interfering with it. Maybe try hitting enter to see if it that will close it out, even if you can't see it. Or ALT-TAB to see if anything else is open.

#3286 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

I'll hook a keyboard up to mine later and see what you need to do. The only thing I can think of is maybe that "System Problem" dialog is somehow interfering with it. Maybe try hitting enter to see if it that will close it out, even if you can't see it. Or ALT-TAB to see if anything else is open.

Connect a usb mouse and see if you can click in the upper right corner

#3287 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Connect a usb mouse and see if you can click in the upper right corner

Another thing I just though of is to check if your keyboard has a lock button or slider at the top which would disable the windows key from working. I just plugged a keyboard into mine and pushing the windows key brings up the search dialog.

Pushing CTRL-ALT-T does open the terminal window but hides it, so I had to hit ALT-TAB and select it from the running apps to get it to show up on the screen.

Using a mouse to help navigate around is a good idea too.

#3289 2 years ago

Ok mouse hooked up. Cursor moves around the black screen to top left and right corners. Only moves off the screen at the bottom. If i right click . i get a drop window to make folders or change background. So i changed the desktop wallpaper so i know im not stuck with a window in front of me. Its the desktop with nothing on it. Alt tab does nothing. Windows key does nothing. Alt cntl T does nothing. Trying to find terminal in the settings folder isnt happening.

#3290 2 years ago

Now i have desktop look like this.

20220218_190234_HDR (resized).jpg20220218_190234_HDR (resized).jpg

And my display resolution is this

20220218_190359 (resized).jpg20220218_190359 (resized).jpg
#3291 2 years ago

Two of my favourites in 1 picture

FF03E502-AC6A-4CA6-A980-9C12D8CA31E8 (resized).jpegFF03E502-AC6A-4CA6-A980-9C12D8CA31E8 (resized).jpeg
#3292 2 years ago

But what was the display the cat was hiding

Koen’s latest work for testing

The framework all is based upon had to be revisited but that work is more or less finished so steps are taken again

Don’t ask for timeline pls. It’s ready when it’s ready but rest assured, it’s worked upon as promised.

797CC819-E11A-4F69-AC48-77738E1C8E75 (resized).jpeg797CC819-E11A-4F69-AC48-77738E1C8E75 (resized).jpeg
#3293 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

But what was the display the cat was hiding
Koen’s latest work for testing
The framework all is based upon had to be revisited but that work is more or less finished so steps are taken again
Don’t ask for timeline pls. It’s ready when it’s ready but rest assured, it’s worked upon as promised.
[quoted image]

Can’t wait. Thanks for keeping us updated that the code update is still a priority!

#3294 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Ok mouse hooked up. Cursor moves around the black screen to top left and right corners. Only moves off the screen at the bottom. If i right click . i get a drop window to make folders or change background. So i changed the desktop wallpaper so i know im not stuck with a window in front of me. Its the desktop with nothing on it. Alt tab does nothing. Windows key does nothing. Alt cntl T does nothing. Trying to find terminal in the settings folder isnt happening.

On that screen where you changed the wallpaper, there's a Behavior tab to the right of Look. Click that and change "Auto-hide the Launcher" to Off. You should see the launcher on the left now, and if you click on the Ubuntu button on the top left it will get you into the search where you can type terminal.

#3295 2 years ago

ok, trying it now.

what do you mean by the left of look?

also, should I change display, to only be on the main display and not multiple displays?

#3296 2 years ago

also, how do you close out the setting/display windows after you open them. They don't have an X in the corner like windows does.

Also, I change that setting to off. Still have nothing on the desktop. Even have it set to set icons to upper left corner. Still nothing. Changed display from all displays, to the main display.

#3297 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

ok, trying it now.
what do you mean by the left of look?
also, should I change display, to only be on the main display and not multiple displays?

You shouldn't have multiple displays enabled which might be the root of the problem if everything is going to a display that isn't plugged in, and that is considered the main display.

Some of the newer motherboards they use have HDMI video output (and maybe DVI), so if you have a somewhat newer one it could be that the HDMI output is connected to the display, but the VGA output is still configured as the main display in their build even if it doesn't exist or isn't connected. That's a theory anyway.

#3298 2 years ago

still doesn't work. It's like the launch bar is turned off, and cannot be found on the desktop.

#3299 2 years ago

if you look at my display pic, it seem like that black bar on the left side of the display image that says 19". seems like its locked outside of the display. Is that suppose to be the launch bar?

#3300 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

if you look at my display pic, it seem like that black bar on the left side of the display image that says 19". seems like its locked outside of the display. Is that suppose to be the launch bar?

Looks like it. If you have a spare monitor you could hook that up in place of the internal display. Or just click around on the left side slightly off screen and hope you get lucky if the bar is there and you just can't see it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC
Shooter rods
There are 7,141 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 143.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/66 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.