TBL Brown 1 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 1 (resized).jpg
Photo Apr 19 2024, 8 52 09 AM (resized).jpg
Photo Apr 19 2024, 8 52 46 AM (resized).jpg
Photo Apr 19 2024, 8 56 12 AM (resized).jpg
IMG_3236 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1010 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,301 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 147.
#3151 2 years ago
ED52014F-5DC1-4EFE-BC63-6F189E0E4440 (resized).jpegED52014F-5DC1-4EFE-BC63-6F189E0E4440 (resized).jpeg
#3153 2 years ago

anyone else having more problems with the ball firing up to the bowling area with the new code? After the code update, I noticed my ball feeder has to fire like 7-10 times to get the ball to load. Before the code update it was only 1 maybe twice. Less power to the kicker now?

#3154 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

anyone else having more problems with the ball firing up to the bowling area with the new code? After the code update, I noticed my ball feeder has to fire like 7-10 times to get the ball to load. Before the code update it was only 1 maybe twice. Less power to the kicker now?

You can change the power setting to see if that works. My coil was not hitting the ball right in the middle so I had to remove the bowling alley and realign. Pretty easy to do just lots of nuts to remove there is a description of the issue in Rens manual and how to fix.

#3156 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Don’t think anything has changed on coil settings but easy to check for you as you can revert to old version software.

More likely the plunger is not hitting the ball correctly as suggested.

#3157 2 years ago

We are streaming TBL tonight on Twitch (8pm US Central time) from the Wormhole - come check it out!
https://twitch.tv/wormholepinball

#3158 2 years ago

I saw somewhere a nice carpet speaker panel decal. I can’t find it anymore. Anyone knows where to get this ?

#3159 2 years ago
Quoted from KrisGonzo:

Hi guys, this is my first impression of this game and I just have to own one. These rarely come up for sale in the UK but I absolutely loved the shots, toys & theme integration.

You're welcome to come up to Hull anytime and play mine Kris - it's the one I bought from the money you gave me for the Jurassic Park - but this one is not for sale

image0[2986] (resized).jpegimage0[2986] (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#3160 2 years ago
Quoted from BigLebowski:

Hi bemmett, I had the STDM issue on the Donny lane and I built a little "buffer" which can be 3D printed that goes between the scoop and the lane guide and bends the lane outward a bit. That solved the issue on the Donny lane for me. It´s the little gray block in the picture.
[quoted image]
I can give you the STL if you send me a PM with your email address.

I absolutely love my TBL, it has reached an EHOH-like obsession that i didn't think was possible. However the Donny lane goes STDM on like 95% of all balls which has made me completely avoid the shot. It's a new build. Do others have this issue too? Did your solution work out permanently?

#3161 2 years ago
Quoted from theadicts77:

I absolutely love my TBL, it has reached an EHOH-like obsession that i didn't think was possible. However the Donny lane goes STDM on like 95% of all balls which has made me completely avoid the shot. It's a new build. Do others have this issue too? Did your solution work out permanently?

Yes, I've tried bending the contour of the ramp with moderate success, but my permanent solution was to put a small piece of 3M tape right at the end of the ramp next to the post. This bumps out the ball enough on the ones the hug the ramp to go over to the right flipper 100% of the time.

#3162 2 years ago
Quoted from theadicts77:

I had to put some "buffers", one side I have some tape and other I have small plastic sticky thing to keep them both from going STDM. Sends the ball out of control from each orbit and typically into slings but 10x better than SDTM 95% of the time. I tried tweaking ball guides and everything to no avail, best thing I could do so far until I hopefully find better solution

#3163 2 years ago

Hi,

EA Nr 132 (If I remember correctly) here.

I have not been following how everything goes in Dutch Pinball land for almost 2 years. Mostly because I figured it would take a long time before machines would start showing up with EA owners.

Does anybody know the status, and when DP hope to speed things up? How many machines have they sold, and how many EA's have received their machine?

PS! If this is the wrong thread for this, I apologize.

Cheers
Karl

#3164 2 years ago
Quoted from karl:

Hi,
I have not been following how everything goes in Dutch Pinball land for almost 2 years. Mostly because I figured it would take a long time before machines would start showing up with EA owners.
Does anybody know the status, and when DP hope to speed things up? How many machines have they sold, and how many EA's have received their machine?
Cheers
Karl

EA is in the early 70s... 70, 71, 72... around that.

DP has tried to speed things up if I understand correctly, but the cost of supplies and shipping has slowed things down.

#3165 2 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

But there is no way currently to just add new songs by oneself, correct? (i.e raise the number of songs?)
Maybe a possibility created by the next firmware update? Rensh?

Copy 2 songs together in one file and you have it .....
I am sure this will never be included due to legal agreements.
But you see , the community is working on it. I have just replaced the sounds with original soundtracks, that is bummer enough
The script sounds great but knowledge of linux operatingsystems is required, I guess.

Quoted from karl:

Hi,
Cheers
Karl

Hi Karl
IMO the easiest way would be to ask your contractpartner DutchPinball.
I am sure that only Barry can give you a serious answer on this question.
Hope you see your game soon !!

#3166 2 years ago

Dear TBL owner,

FYI, DP has released the long awaited new Linux version for the TBL and has been shipping it during the last few weeks.

As DP expects releasing it as a downloadable image and have users themselves install it will cause some serious support issues it has been decided to sell a new SSD with the new image pre-loaded for more or less costs :

US buyers € 100,00 shipped express
European buyers € 70,00 shipped

Both prices are excl. VAT

Those wanting to buy this can sent an email to [email protected] mentioning TBL serialno and full shipping details. An invoice will be issued and shipment will take place after receipt of payment

This Linux update is NOT mandatory. Technically its not needed, just want to give existing owners the chance to upgrade to latest version if they feel the need for it.

If you wanna know what it takes to do it, see attached installation instructions I made up. It is possible to transfer settings and audit from old SSD to new SSD

Hope to have been of service. Did our best to make the pricing as low as possible. Dont ask for an image please, DP will not issue it. Of course there will be users copying the new image which is fine with me, as long as the copier also supplies the support if it goes wrong

Best regards,

Rens
DP Support
Replace SSD FAQ.pdfReplace SSD FAQ.pdf

#3167 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Dear TBL owner,
DP has released the long awaited new Linux version for the TBL and has been shipping it during the last few weeks.

Why is it long-awaited? What benefits does this bring?

#3168 2 years ago

Any differences or improvements with the new linux version?

#3169 2 years ago

There were several people strong the old version of Linux has outdated drivers etc and it could run into issues.

This new version Linux was announced some time ago hence my remark the long awaited ….

Also the new TBLs have a new PC and DP wanted to make sure the drivers would not cause an issue.

If your tbl is running fine there is no real need for this. Just wanted to keep current owners informed and give them the opportunity. There are people out there who always want latest version hence the offered opportunity here. If your tbl is running fine just lease it as is. There is a reason I stated this is NOT mandantory with not in capital letters.

#3170 2 years ago

Are the new TBL shipping with the rug or is that a separate purchase from CT?

#3171 2 years ago

I have a newer TBL, so this seems like it doesn't really effect me.

#3172 2 years ago
Quoted from Sixtieskid:

Are the new TBL shipping with the rug or is that a separate purchase from CT?

They all come with the rug

#3173 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

There were several people strong the old version of Linux has outdated drivers etc and it could run into issues.
This new version Linux was announced some time ago hence my remark the long awaited ….
Also the new TBLs have a new PC and DP wanted to make sure the drivers would not cause an issue.
If your tbl is running fine there is no real need for this. Just wanted to keep current owners informed and give them the opportunity. There are people out there who always want latest version hence the offered opportunity here. If your tbl is running fine just lease it as is. There is a reason I stated this is NOT mandantory with not in capital letters.

Thanks for the explanation. I suppose I'll wait until there is a problem with my setup (wifi someday?). But seriously, the new linux image should be made available with basic instructions that also says 'no support'. And for those who aren't as familiar with linux PCs, offering the SSD is quite nice.

#3174 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Hope to have been of service. Did our best to make the pricing as low as possible. Dont ask for an image please, DP will not issue it. Of course there will be users copying the new image which is fine with me, as long as the copier also supplies the support if it goes wrong
Best regards,
Rens
DP Support
[quoted image]

I guess somebody in the latest shipment could save an image of their drive and share it. The same model SSD drive (120GB PNY CS900) that's in mine is $21 on Amazon, and it is a fairly easy process to write the image to the new drive. I think someone already provided instructions on how to do that in the support guide

It doesn't seem necessary to me at the moment though. I don't leave mine on for more than a couple hours at a time, but I guess there could be some stability issues with the older drivers that are fixed in the newer versions.

#3175 2 years ago

Rensh,

I received my game about 2 months ago (EA 70). Do I have the new pc and Linux image in my game?

Thanks
Ed

#3176 2 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

Rensh,
I received my game about 2 months ago (EA 70). Do I have the new pc and Linux image in my game?
Thanks
Ed

Open the back box - do you have a Asrock q1900-itx OR q1900b-itx motherboard?

If so you do not have a newer style motherboard. My guess is no one does yet.

Has any new motherboards in TBLs left the factory Rens? Also what is the model number of the new motherboard?

As people may know I am one of the people that sell TBL mods and backups (motherboards, hard drives, etc). It has been a passion to support this cool TBL pinball master piece. I will continue to sell the hard drive backups for $100 US. Either version when the latest OS hits the ground in the US. And the best part is I am OK at support

#3177 2 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

Rensh,
Thanks
Ed

No

New pc with new Linux is sn 618 and upwards.

Now an EA serialno doesn’t follow the rules of the standard sn but knowing it’s two months old makes the answer No

I think the shipment which is now underway to US (should be on US ground already) are the first ones delivered in US with the new Linux and Pc.

#3178 2 years ago

Just want to give a shout out to CPR9999 for his lighted Hollywood Lanes sign. It is well-designed, easy to install, and looks great!

183B91F1-F420-45F4-8A81-3F89ACB955A9 (resized).jpeg183B91F1-F420-45F4-8A81-3F89ACB955A9 (resized).jpeg
#3179 2 years ago

Hello,

I have a question qith my TBL.
The version 0.57;

The switch for walter ramp is ok in test mod but the walter led won't activate when the ball ( or my hand) actived the switch

Do you have an idea or the same problem ?

Thx

#3180 2 years ago
Quoted from kazzbdx:

Hello,
I have a question qith my TBL.
The version 0.57;
The switch for walter ramp is ok in test mod but the walter led won't activate when the ball ( or my hand) actived the switch
Do you have an idea or the same problem ?
Thx

To activate a Walter led not only the switch is needed at the entrance of the ramp but also the first switch on the mpf at the end of the ramp has to be activated within short period after activating the switch at entrance. So, also check that switch.

This will not help with this issue but there is a rel 058 downloadable.

#3181 2 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Just want to give a shout out to CPR9999 for his lighted Hollywood Lanes sign. It is well-designed, easy to install, and looks great![quoted image]

Totally agree! Great customer service as well as just a nice guy!

#3182 2 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Just want to give a shout out to CPR9999 for his lighted Hollywood Lanes sign. It is well-designed, easy to install, and looks great![quoted image]

Absolutely! I believe I've added all of CPR9999's fine mods, as well as numerous others, to my TBL and I think, that without a doubt, this is one of the best all-round mods that you can add to your game! REALLY helps to light and identify the upper playfield bowling alley!

Seriously Dudes ... it's that good.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/59#post-6583168

#3183 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

To activate a Walter led not only the switch is needed at the entrance of the ramp but also the first switch on the mpf at the end of the ramp has to be activated within short period after activating the switch at entrance. So, also check that switch.

Thx for answer, i try today.

I use the 0.57 because with 0.58, i have a lot of bug in game. (the pinball lost ball, the sound crash, ...)

#3184 2 years ago
Quoted from kazzbdx:

Thx for answer, i try today.
I use the 0.57 because with 0.58, i have a lot of bug in game. (the pinball lost ball, the sound crash, ...)

Interesting.

Sound crash I assume is the loss of music during a rugmode? That’s present in all versions unfortunately.

I have further more no reports myself showing bugs related to rel 058.

You can file found bugs to https://dutchpinball.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/dashboard?id=581bc065-9ac9-4235-858c-3e4bc182722e

#3185 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Interesting.
Sound crash I assume is the loss of music during a rugmode? That’s present in all versions unfortunately.
I have further more no reports myself showing bugs related to rel 058.
You can file found bugs to https://dutchpinball.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/dashboard?id=581bc065-9ac9-4235-858c-3e4bc182722e

Will the v.100 code koen is working on clean up these bugs?

#3186 2 years ago

Just banged out 39.5M, which I know is a normal day for Rensh but for me is pretty good

Anyway, have a few problems and bugs from the game.

Mechanically, ball didn’t eject to shooter lane twice. Kept yelling “BALL SAVED BALL SAVED” over and over. Eventually after 20 seconds it kicked out a ball.

Code wise, I was in character multiball and had trampoline lit. Drained down the left outlane, and the trampoline light went out and the ball just drained. No kick.

#3187 2 years ago
Quoted from PinheadEDM:

Will the v.100 code koen is working on clean up these bugs?

I would guess: No.
The sound issues are present from the beginning, it seems this need a deeper investigation.
I would prefer a 1.0 if all the little bugs are eliminated.
The soundissues should be fixed before. I have them also randomly on character multiballs.
However .. I am also looking forward for 1 1.0 with a final and many new clips and sounds.

#3188 2 years ago

Streaming The Big Lebowski at 7:30 pm Eastern today ( SUNDAY) on Twitch @ MOTORCITYPINBALL

#3189 2 years ago

Apologies if this has been asked before...

I've just unboxed TBL at the weekend, and all is good apart from the audio. The bass is way too strong, and vibrates massively. Is this a known problem? I can't find bass in the audio settings, and have tried adjusting the various volumes to no avail. The overall volume doesn't need to be very loud at all to start the vibratogasm.

Grateful for any fix ideas

#3190 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

Apologies if this has been asked before...
I've just unboxed TBL at the weekend, and all is good apart from the audio. The bass is way too strong, and vibrates massively. Is this a known problem? I can't find bass in the audio settings, and have tried adjusting the various volumes to no avail. The overall volume doesn't need to be very loud at all to start the vibratogasm.
Grateful for any fix ideas

Sounds like perhaps the bass setting on the audio board is not set properly.

See the service faq page 142 downloadable at https://www.dutchpinball.com/the_big_lebowski_pinball_support.php

Let us know if this does the trick.

And welcome to the club !!!

#3191 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Sounds like perhaps the bass setting on the audio board is not set properly.
See the service faq page 142 downloadable at https://www.dutchpinball.com/the_big_lebowski_pinball_support.php
Let us know if this does the trick.
And welcome to the club !!!

Thanks and thanks

I checked the dipswitch. There was one difference from the default setting. Dip 5 (gain sub low) was set to up instead of down. I set to down & it has improved things, although still very bassy. Oddly, I would have thought that being in up position would have improved not worsened things? Basically, I want to minimise the bass...

Has anyone else had an excessive bass issue?

#3192 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

Thanks and thanks
I checked the dipswitch. There was one difference from the default setting. Dip 5 (gain sub low) was set to up instead of down. I set to down & it has improved things, although still very bassy. Oddly, I would have thought that being in up position would have improved not worsened things? Basically, I want to minimise the bass...
Has anyone else had an excessive bass issue?

Have you also checked the wiring? Eg can it be the cabinet speaker is connected to a backbox output? Wiring is also in the manual.

For the rest I can say I have no remarks on over bassy. I. Fact, have people hooking up external subwoofers to get more bass ….

Problem with this it’s ofcourse very subjective. Anyway, check the wiring.

#3193 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Hello,

i have try and is not OK.
when i play, the walter mod dont activated. quick ball or low ball.
In test mod, the switch is ok, when i push the first with my finger, and i push the second after with my finger, the walter letter's lights up.

Not with the ball. I have try to twist the second switch and the problem persists.

#3194 2 years ago
Quoted from kazzbdx:

Hello,
i have try and is not OK.
when i play, the walter mod dont activated. quick ball or low ball.
In test mod, the switch is ok, when i push the first with my finger, and i push the second after with my finger, the walter letter's lights up.
Not with the ball. I have try to twist the second switch and the problem persists.

Very likely the second switch needs to be adjusted, eg set a little higher. With your fingers you push it more down as a ball does. Always test with a ball (to).

#3195 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Have you also checked the wiring? Eg can it be the cabinet speaker is connected to a backbox output? Wiring is also in the manual.
For the rest I can say I have no remarks on over bassy. I. Fact, have people hooking up external subwoofers to get more bass ….
Problem with this it’s ofcourse very subjective. Anyway, check the wiring.

It has been brought to my attention, thanks Koen, that the audio board also has a potmeter to adjust bass strength. See attached picture.

Will adjust also audio faq in the service manual for a future release.

CF8EE79B-5274-4BE9-A8C5-BF5BA30733CA (resized).jpegCF8EE79B-5274-4BE9-A8C5-BF5BA30733CA (resized).jpeg
#3196 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

It has been brought to my attention, thanks Koen, that the audio board also has a potmeter to adjust bass strength. See attached picture.
[quoted image]

Thank you so much- I think this is exactly what I need

#3197 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

[quoted image]

Having looked at my fair share of modern / retro game add on boards and custom/niche electronics as of late - that's a good lookin' board

#3198 2 years ago

Hey Achievers. Does anyone sell a lit frame for the translite? Size is a little different and not interested in cutting it down to fit the products I’ve found thus far. Thanks!

#3199 2 years ago

Rensh - With the new machines having new computers, does this impact the established process for swapping out music? Also, when plugging in a usb keyboard and mouse, are there specific usb ports where this is recommended? I receive my machine tomorrow and I'm very excited! Thank you for all of your excellent posts and support thus far, I'm sure I'll appreciate your future support as much as the current owners have appreciated the support you've already delivered

Thanks!

#3200 2 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Rensh - With the new machines having new computers, does this impact the established process for swapping out music? Also, when plugging in a usb keyboard and mouse, are there specific usb ports where this is recommended? I receive my machine tomorrow and I'm very excited! Thank you for all of your excellent posts and support thus far, I'm sure I'll appreciate your future support as much as the current owners have appreciated the support you've already delivered
Thanks!

New PC has no influence, just more performance and thus I guess faster booting.

New Linux is a barebone stripped version of Linux with updated drivers etc. In regard to swapping out music I can’t comment but the TBL software is the same for old and new Linux.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 22.50
$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

There are 7,301 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 147.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.