IMG_20240423_132641615 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240423_132359275 (resized).jpg
IMG_5894 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5893 (resized).jpeg
735513270 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,312 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 147.
#3051 2 years ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

Thank you. I found the maintenance thread by searching tbl instead of lebowski. Would you prefer I post there or email the Dutch pinball site directly? Thanks Rensh

For me the most easy it [email protected] as this ends direct in my mailbox so I see it quicker. Also makes it easier to consult factory if needed. But I do also see added value of posting here results as this Kees other updated.

You can always mail me and post end result here.

I just noticed your pinside name. We met in 2014 if I am not mistaken at the pinside event at Chicago expo. I just recall that as you have a remarkable pinside name. These letters, I know them from somewhere

#3052 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

For me the most easy it [email protected] as this ends direct in my mailbox so I see it quicker. Also makes it easier to consult factory if needed. But I do also see added value of posting here results as this Kees other updated.
You can always mail me and post end result here.
I just noticed your pinside name. We met in 2014 if I am not mistaken at the pinside event at Chicago expo. I just recall that as you have a remarkable pinside name. These letters, I know them from somewhere
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"4b884c2fe06ed0bbfc1f93994e14b1cd47f5828b-1638212399-1800"};
//]]>

Awesome news. When I powered on to make a video this morning the issue is gone. I played ten games after and all is well. I will contact you directly if it reappears. My serial # is 01-00342 and I'm on .55 version.
Unfortunately that was not me at expo. I rarely leave California unless it's to pick up a pin. My screen name is not that creative at all. I just made it up on the fly when I was registering. It's silly really.

#3053 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

I will get you the info what the value is, no worries. All you needed to do is just ask
For the rest, I think to know which TBL this is eg enduser bought it knowing it was a damaged unit in shipping eg. this is why no insurance is helping out I guess. Doesnt mean we are not willing to help, again no worries.

As promised

93B40568-4488-4E35-8C48-0EA72D493A28.jpeg93B40568-4488-4E35-8C48-0EA72D493A28.jpeg
#3054 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

As promised [quoted image]

Thanks Rensh and team!

#3055 2 years ago

how does D1A = 100 ohm? Trying to figure out the system for surface mounted components.

#3056 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

how does D1A = 100 ohm? Trying to figure out the system for surface mounted components.

That’s not a D it’s a 0, and it’s a standard for SMD resistors (E1A-96)

01A ⇒ Code 01 = 100 with Multiplier A = 1 ⇒ 100 x 1 = 100 Ω ±1%

#3057 2 years ago

Spare motherboard: Q1900-itx

All,
I have 4 motherboards in stock now for sale.
Ping me if interested. First 4 to ping me will be able to purchase.

Grab a replacement as these are no longer manufactured.

See Ad for details on replacement motherboard.

Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “I am selling a number of mods for TBL. 1. Doobie (Joint) Mod: $45 2. Decal stickers: $45 3. Left ramp clip: $15 (this one is a must install in my experience) 4. Spare back...”
2022-08-18
Saukville, WI
Archived after: 67 days
Viewed: 13195 times

#3058 2 years ago

cpr9999 I'm late to this thread but as someone interested in a TBL, what are owners to do once the motherboards are no longer available? I believe that JJP has a path forward for their pins, going back to WOZ. Hopefully there is a plan here.

#3059 2 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

cpr9999 I'm late to this thread but as someone interested in a TBL, what are owners to do once the motherboards are no longer available? I believe that JJP has a path forward for their pins, going back to WOZ. Hopefully there is a plan here.

At some point (we are hoping) DP gets around to coming up with another solution. Right now they used the q1900-itx and it’s sister the q1900b-itx. See video earlier in this thread from me testing “b” version out in a game and DP later went to the”b” version when they ran out of the original. The market had quite few “b” versions but now they are gone too. My guess is DP bought up the inventory.

Which version is better? They both work fine; however, the “b” version has some electrolytic caps therefore I favor the original version with ALL solid capacitor design.

Time will tell - and with DPs small staff I am not sure this is top of mind (of course…unless they didn’t buy enough “b” versions. Something tells me they did though).

Edit - my guess is the “owners” of games would come up with a solution if needed down the road.

#3060 2 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

If my motherboard ever dies:

Plan A - Repair it since it will probably be bad caps.

Plan B - Replace it with a cheap ITX board and processor and see what happens. Chances are it could be made to work with some tinkering.

#3061 2 years ago

No worries, the PC has DP’s attention

A new type of PC has been selected already and in (back)order. As soon as current stock is depleted a switch will be made. Also a full overhaul of Linux is more or less done.

Everything will be backwards compatible and it’s not expected that tbl users will notice what type of pc is inside. Quicker boot perhaps.

No real timeline set yet, all depends on production volume. But again, backwards compatible using same Linux version so old or new type pc is a don’t care is the goal.

And yes, making pinballs sometimes has strange turns

#3062 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

If my motherboard ever dies:
Plan A - Repair it since it will probably be bad caps.
Plan B - Replace it with a cheap ITX board and processor and see what happens. Chances are it could be made to work with some tinkering.

I'm not concerned about this. Your plan A might not be feasible. A bad component on a dense multilayer ITX board with mostly surface mounted parts is going to be risky to fix.

Plan B can be accomplished by anyone with moderate linux skills. Need to figure out the kernel version of the linux distro used in the TBL firmware, and then replace it with supported hardware. Most likely any intel chip from that generation will be supported. Also it might be possible to upgrade the kernel and support newer ITX hardware without much work. Just need to make sure the ports on the on board are all present on the new one. Maybe a config file change or two to get the outputs correct.

#3063 2 years ago

I have a TBL on order and I'm trying to figure out if I want to place it in my VRBO. How is the reliability? The VRBO is a 12 hour drive and I only visit it about once a month. I don't want guests complaining that a ball is stuck, etc. Can you play hundreds of games on it without an issue or is it more of a hobbyist pin?

#3064 2 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

... what are owners to do once the motherboards are no longer available? ...

Lets go bowling (resized).jpgLets go bowling (resized).jpg

#3065 2 years ago

Hey dudes! So I have not played my TBL much and finally getting into it. However, I get a TON of airballs off the Left (Dude) ramp? The shield towards the top seems to not be doing much... almost like it needs to be extended farther. I mean I am getting balls launching themself into the back corner and getting stuck. I tried turning down the flipper power... Any idea or help would be really appreciated... if this continues my payfiled will be a dimple heaven. Rensh and ideas? Cheers!

#3066 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Hey dudes! So I have not played my TBL much and finally getting into it. However, I get a TON of airballs off the Left (Dude) ramp? The shield towards the top seems to not be doing much... almost like it needs to be extended farther. I mean I am getting balls launching themself into the back corner and getting stuck. I tried turning down the flipper power... Any idea or help would be really appreciated... if this continues my payfiled will be a dimple heaven. Rensh and ideas? Cheers!

1. Lower playfield plastic window level using the credit card method?
2. Do you have reinforced targets in front of the ramp? The factory stock are crap. You can get at marcospecialties

#3067 2 years ago

I have had the game for about two weeks and find this to be a very challenging game. Am I the only one that finds it difficult? My high score is 21M but most games are around 5M and average game time is probably 2 or 3 minutes. Curious how everyone else is scoring on the game?

#3068 2 years ago

Thanks cpr9999

Quoted from cpr9999:

1. Lower playfield plastic window level using the credit card method?
2. Do you have reinforced targets in front of the ramp? The factory stock are crap. You can get at marcospecialties

Ill check in the other TBL thread about the Credit Card Method not sure what that is.
I have the stock targets, ya I should prolly replace those just for good measure... However the airball issue is more with the ramp just launching the balls into flight

#3069 2 years ago

Thanks cpr9999

Ill check in the other TBL thread about the Credit Card Method not sure what that is.
I have the stock targets, ya I should prolly replace those just for good measure... However the airball issue is more with the ramp just launching the balls into flight

What happens is the targets metal gets bent back and launches the ball kinks of up the ramp and over it. Put you phone on slow mode video capture and you can see what is happening.

#3070 2 years ago

Thanks cpr9999

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/95#post-5055426

I believe your issues is more targets, but window of lower playfield has caused issues.

#3071 2 years ago

Bend the back brace of the targets to angle down 10°. It’s brilliant after.

#3072 2 years ago

Well, I did it boys, I feel like I won some major award just getting THREE achievement lights lit! LOL. First time I’ve ever gotten 3.

Sadly wasn’t even close on rug, car or mark it’s.

Also in unrelated news, I HIGHLY recommend getting some Ninja balls in this machine. They look glorious on the gorgeous lighting and really shine far better than the stockers.

E39263EE-7CB4-46EF-8A96-B4B97B244C83 (resized).jpegE39263EE-7CB4-46EF-8A96-B4B97B244C83 (resized).jpeg
#3073 2 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

I have had the game for about two weeks and find this to be a very challenging game. Am I the only one that finds it difficult? My high score is 21M but most games are around 5M and average game time is probably 2 or 3 minutes. Curious how everyone else is scoring on the game?

About the same. Avg game is about 5-7 mil for me. It’s moderately difficult I would say.

#3074 2 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

Same here, still very much in honeymoon period so just play to enjoy it, not really checking scores, HS is about 18mil.

I absolutely love the game though. I mean WOW!

CB0756C5-0845-4A66-9A78-565B30C91955 (resized).jpegCB0756C5-0845-4A66-9A78-565B30C91955 (resized).jpeg
#3075 2 years ago

I had the same issue and adjusting the lower playfield window fixed this 99% of the time for me.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3076 2 years ago

I read the compliants on pinside in regard to the targets but can tell you the DP support line almost gets zero complaints on the lock targets after switching over to the heavy duty targets over 6 months ago.

So my first response is always to check if the BA window is flush with the playfield.

And no, zero airballs don’t exist in almost any pinball. Also not in my TBL having the reinforced targets. It is however very acceptable (for me at least)

#3077 2 years ago

Thanks Rensh ya Never in any game would i expect zero air balls. So being that mine i one of the newer machines it should have the re-enforced stand ups correct?

#3078 2 years ago

Thanks Rensh ya Never in any game would i expect zero air balls. So being that mine i one of the newer machines it should have the re-enforced stand ups correct?

Correct

#3079 2 years ago

Ok will double check the widow thanks all. PS this game is so fun love it

#3080 2 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

Common guys. You can do it

4b game max 1 extra ball

See also https://www.dutchpinball.com/tbl/live/0ac244ce74bc

These results where during my trial period testing with Live.

710B6F39-CC1E-4874-9499-01731F648D9A (resized).jpeg710B6F39-CC1E-4874-9499-01731F648D9A (resized).jpeg
#3081 2 years ago

Ok will double check the widow thanks all. PS this game is so fun love it

Best way.

Put the playfield in the upright position. Remove 2 screws of 1 of the standup targets and unplug it. 2 mins later - look to see how bent that metal plate is. If bent at all replace with reinforced targets.

#3082 2 years ago

One spare motherboard left,

Let me know, thx!

Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “I am selling a number of mods for TBL. 1. Doobie (Joint) Mod: $45 2. Decal stickers: $45 3. Left ramp clip: $15 (this one is a must install in my experience) 4. Spare back...”
2022-08-18
Saukville, WI
Archived after: 67 days
Viewed: 13195 times

59a402be1a37a3e81d4e60f3299ed34a79185abf (resized).jpg59a402be1a37a3e81d4e60f3299ed34a79185abf (resized).jpg
#3083 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Best way.
Put the playfield in the upright position. Remove 2 screws of 1 of the standup targets and unplug it. 2 mins later - look to see how bent that metal plate is. If bent at all replace with reinforced targets.

Before replacing, I would recommend just adjusting the bend on targets in newer machines. Mine is new so it has the beefier targets, but Lock and Light still needed to be angled down about 10° down (past perfectly vertical) and now it works perfectly except a few wild balls that hit the corner of the ramp and the target at the same time. And direct contact to the targets is fine now and I’ve had 0 balls get stuck up in the Brunswick return in the weeks since I did that. It used to happen almost daily.

#3084 2 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:Before replacing, I would recommend just adjusting the bend on targets in newer machines. Mine is new so it has the beefier targets, but Lock and Light still needed to be angled down about 10° down (past perfectly vertical) and now it works perfectly except a few wild balls that hit the corner of the ramp and the target at the same time. And direct contact to the targets is fine now and I’ve had 0 balls get stuck up in the Brunswick return in the weeks since I did that. It used to happen almost daily.

Agree with the angle on standup targets reducing airballs. I just get nervous bending metal that is screwed into wood. Usually take it out. Also, If it was “easy to adjust in place” then the metal will bend back over time.

#3085 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Agree with the angle on standup targets reducing airballs. I just get nervous bending metal that is screwed into wood. Usually take it out. Also, If it was “easy to adjust in place” then the metal will bend back over time.

Oh absolutely remove them before tweaking. Takes 2 minutes tops. Love the individual Z clips

#3086 2 years ago

Finally took the plunge and replaced the stock music with the original recordings. Absolutely amazing. I know it’s a small thing but put a huge smile on my face when playing today. Took the liberty to add a new version of Oye Como Va featuring Pitbull and Santana….Pretty badass if I say so myself…

#3087 2 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Finally took the plunge and replaced the stock music with the original recordings. Absolutely amazing. I know it’s a small thing but put a huge smile on my face when playing today. Took the liberty to add a new version of Oye Como Va featuring Pitbull and Santana….Pretty badass if I say so myself…

I took it one step further recently and added a startup script to randomize a few of the songs. I added a few different Creedence songs to the mix and put Metallica Seek and Destroy in the rotation for the Nihilist showdown.

#3088 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

I took it one step further recently and added a startup script to randomize a few of the songs. I added a few different Creedence songs to the mix and put Metallica Seek and Destroy in the rotation for the Nihilist showdown.

That's awesome! I hope that this is not removed or blocked in the future.

#3089 2 years ago

How do you do this?

#3090 2 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

How do you do this?

#3091 2 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

How do you do this?

There's some instructions here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/57#post-6537912

The short version is you replace the wav files in the dp/tbl/assets/music folders with the music files of your choice, keeping the names the same. The above guide details copying the files while leaving your drive in the machine. I always pull the drive and copy the files while connected to a linux PC.

#3092 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

There's some instructions here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/57#post-6537912
The short version is you replace the wav files in the dp/tbl/assets/music folders with the music files of your choice, keeping the names the same. The above guide details copying the files while leaving your drive in the machine. I always pull the drive and copy the files while connected to a linux PC.

But there is no way currently to just add new songs by oneself, correct? (i.e raise the number of songs?)
Maybe a possibility created by the next firmware update? Rensh?

#3093 2 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

But there is no way currently to just add new songs by oneself, correct? (i.e raise the number of songs?)

There's the 3 main songs that are used during normal play (Hotel California, Oye Como Va, and Run Through the Jungle) and then individual songs for dude multi-ball, character multi-ball, Nihilist, and bowling/car mode. I guess they could add more than 3 main songs to the mix. I'm doing the next best thing by randomly replacing those 3 at startup with a script. Each session then has a unique set of those 3 songs (from my current list of 14 total). I experimented with dynamically replacing them during play but that didn't work.

#3094 2 years ago

I got a couple requests for what I did with randomizing the songs, so I shared the script here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Rf6qOTLCihLAeWAEhEeAaZ4XGUBVgM8q?usp=sharing

I'd recommend making a backup image of your drive, or at least saving all of the original music files, before changing anything just in case.

#3095 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

I got a couple requests for what I did with randomizing the songs, so I shared the script here:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Rf6qOTLCihLAeWAEhEeAaZ4XGUBVgM8q?usp=sharing
I'd recommend making a backup image of your drive, or at least saving all of the original music files, before changing anything just in case.

..... yeah just in case you f#ck it up cause it's probably gonna happen...... unless of course your a tech/programming savant

QSS

#3096 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

Agree. Have a backup hard drive before messing around.

Of course if you need one with image loaded I sell those.

#3097 2 years ago

Does anyone have mirror blades on their game? Where can I buy the correct ones?

#3098 2 years ago

Wall decor showed up today…

285AB8DA-DD0A-484E-AB85-AC3DAEC3BA40 (resized).jpeg285AB8DA-DD0A-484E-AB85-AC3DAEC3BA40 (resized).jpeg
#3099 2 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

Does anyone have mirror blades on their game? Where can I buy the correct ones?

Got mine (Wms/Bally) here Dude:

http://www.pinballdecals.com/MirrorBladesPage.html

#3100 2 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Copy 2 songs together in one file and you have it .....
I am sure this will never be included due to legal agreements.
But you see , the community is working on it. I have just replaced the sounds with original soundtracks, that is bummer enough
The script sounds great but knowledge of linux operatingsystems is required, I guess.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 210.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,312 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 147.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/62?hl=ksp1138 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.