flipper position (3) (resized).jpeg
IMG_6626 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_archive_792_848601.jpg
Pinside_forum_7890198_0.jpg
Pinside_archive_876_2670498.jpg
IMG_0049 (resized).jpg
IMG_2632.gif

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,285 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 146.
#3001 2 years ago

The Dude himself

C64CFAD1-5564-4BD6-B768-B69C4A82F373 (resized).jpegC64CFAD1-5564-4BD6-B768-B69C4A82F373 (resized).jpeg
#3002 2 years ago

No issues whatsoever with the optos and the black ball. I thought the pin “hits” were determined by the position of the chute at the time of release. Ie a calculated average of hits based on where the ball is, in theory, heading. That’s why we get physically hit pins sometimes that don’t “drop”

#3003 2 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

No issues whatsoever with the optos and the black ball. I thought the pin “hits” were determined by the position of the chute at the time of release. Ie a calculated average of hits based on where the ball is, in theory, heading. That’s why we get physically hit pins sometimes that don’t “drop”

this is correct.

#3004 2 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

This is correct and as explained in my service faq. Even if the ball wouldn’t roll the pins would still drop as the software calculates which pins should fall depending on the position of the launcher and activates the coils of those calculated pins.

#3005 2 years ago

Here is a picture of my Light and Lock stand ups. I think I see why I get lots of sailing airballs with my right Lock one. Looks how it’s angled farther back so it’s upwards. Specifically the thick metal backing part, not necessarily the face itself.

This is on a very recent build within the past few weeks.

Not sure if I should try and bend it from the top, or remove and try to bend it, or trash it and try a new one that is maybe stronger.

3B033C02-50E4-4647-B6D6-61CB8048E76C (resized).jpeg3B033C02-50E4-4647-B6D6-61CB8048E76C (resized).jpeg

#3006 2 years ago

that's every standup in pinball. GB and shadow have those side targets at the ramp entrance as well and you get airballs there too. If you want to angle the target down. bend the bracket so it has more of a forward angle.

#3007 2 years ago

So, got my hands on the work of Koen till now on his quest to rel 1.00. So not a beta release 1.00, just status till now realizing still a lot of work is going to be done.

The Changelog is already an arm long with 1023 words

Those wanting more function in the bowling will be pleased. Also it has been made easier to get to the final wizzard but this is all software adjustable for those who want it set to hard. More rules are and will be added, animations (believe already 100+ new are done), sounds, etc. It’s the full package.

So, no worries, rest assured, the best men are on the case and it’s coming

And no, there is no fixed date for the release. Asap is the answer. But rel 1.00 is coming and is the main focus for programmer Koen

0D736B53-0A89-401C-B009-11C956B74F4F (resized).jpeg0D736B53-0A89-401C-B009-11C956B74F4F (resized).jpeg4CF24EBF-71AD-4998-BF16-2B3835055815 (resized).jpeg4CF24EBF-71AD-4998-BF16-2B3835055815 (resized).jpegB46E0DD3-609E-4C8E-93EC-2E45AABFB024 (resized).jpegB46E0DD3-609E-4C8E-93EC-2E45AABFB024 (resized).jpeg
#3008 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

So, got my hands on the work of Koen till now on his quest to rel 1.00. So not a beta release 1.00, just status till now realizing still a lot of work is going to be done.
Those wanting more function in the bowling will be pleased. Also it has been made easier to get to the final wizzard but this is all software adjustable for those who want it set to hard. More rules are and will be added, animations (believe already 100+ new are done), sounds, etc. It’s the full package.
And no, there is no fixed date for the release. Asap is the answer. But rel 1.00 is coming and is the main focus for programmer Koen [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great news!

#3009 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

So, got my hands on the work of Koen till now on his quest to rel 1.00. ...
Those wanting more function in the bowling will be pleased. ...

An already great game to be even better! Very cool DP Dudes - thanks in advance!

#3010 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

And no, there is no fixed date for the release. Asap is the answer. But rel 1.00 is coming and is the main focus for programmer Koen [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This is the kind of thing that'll make some great noise in the pinball world.

Imagine if dp made all EAs whole on top of creating a great-working game with code to completion. This would make me feel very confident in purchasing their next title, whatever it may be.

#3011 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

And no, there is no fixed date for the release. Asap is the answer. But rel 1.00 is coming and is the main focus for programmer Koen

200.gif200.gif
#3012 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

In case you need a beta tester; I will volunteer!

Great job and can't wait to see those improvements

#3013 2 years ago

I put the Back Alley Creations Gold ball in mine!
https://backalleycreations.com/collections/big-lebowski-mods/products/gold-pinball

thumbnail_IMG_1108 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_1108 (resized).jpg
#3014 2 years ago

Cool! I bought a gold ball from Back Alley Creations as well to check it out. They're not cheap, but look nice! I put it in my POTC for experimental variety.

Stuck with black on TBL though as the Dude's ball is black.

#3015 2 years ago
Quoted from Joost996me:

In case you need a beta tester; I will volunteer!
Great job and can't wait to see those improvements

I'm willing to test too if any help is needed. Looks great!

#3016 2 years ago

Thanks for the offers to test but this isn’t a beta 1.0 release. There is thus nothing to test, that stage isn’t reached yet.

It was more for me to get an idea which route it is heading, this also to start thinking about the manual.

And ofcourse I needed it to tease you guys

#3017 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Thanks for the offers to test but this isn’t a beta 1.0 release. There is thus nothing to test, that stage isn’t reached yet.
It was more for me to get an idea which route it is heading, this also to start thinking about the manual.
And ofcourse I needed it to tease you guys

Damn, I though we might start a Little Lebowski Beta Testing club. Keep those updates on 1.0 coming, but leave Koen alone so he can code

#3018 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Fantastic news! Realy looking forward to it

#3019 2 years ago

EA#70 has been received! It’s been a long 7 years waiting for this game. It is truly a work of art and a very solid build!
I love the chrome when it’s clean but it is terrible with fingerprints!
Theme integration is off the charts! Loving the gameplay but the code definitely needs some more depth. The game is worth the wait!
Good luck to all the other EA’s, hopefully production speed picks up and you will get your games in 2022!

528D87A9-A784-483F-BFC8-5175882383FD (resized).jpeg528D87A9-A784-483F-BFC8-5175882383FD (resized).jpeg897A47FC-43E4-411F-9978-B7FFB8B5CEE4 (resized).jpeg897A47FC-43E4-411F-9978-B7FFB8B5CEE4 (resized).jpeg2D07D671-6594-4DCA-B3C3-DD86F1E2A40A (resized).jpeg2D07D671-6594-4DCA-B3C3-DD86F1E2A40A (resized).jpeg0811BB6C-F1FA-4F17-9D1E-2C912D8F8EDE (resized).jpeg0811BB6C-F1FA-4F17-9D1E-2C912D8F8EDE (resized).jpeg7657D65E-17EC-452F-8588-BDE120F4817A (resized).jpeg7657D65E-17EC-452F-8588-BDE120F4817A (resized).jpegB254EEC1-D521-4CDE-8920-C4372439D31B (resized).jpegB254EEC1-D521-4CDE-8920-C4372439D31B (resized).jpegF7CEC004-A866-4B4C-A5BE-50B06F02475B (resized).jpegF7CEC004-A866-4B4C-A5BE-50B06F02475B (resized).jpeg12FD630E-710D-4D46-BBC9-FD4BFC70DE38 (resized).jpeg12FD630E-710D-4D46-BBC9-FD4BFC70DE38 (resized).jpegFAFF1E6C-4A94-4AEA-86BB-14F675CD4AD7 (resized).jpegFAFF1E6C-4A94-4AEA-86BB-14F675CD4AD7 (resized).jpeg
#3020 2 years ago

Just set game up. Getting a ton of air balls of stand up targets and posts. Set pitch at 6.8 and flippers on 30ms. I’m afraid to lower flipper strength because good shots on the left and right ramp barely make it up there - especially the right ramp. Any advice appreciated. Thanks!

#3021 2 years ago
Quoted from cmdestin:

Just set game up. Getting a ton of air balls of stand up targets and posts. Set pitch at 6.8 and flippers on 30ms. I’m afraid to lower flipper strength because good shots on the left and right ramp barely make it up there - especially the right ramp. Any advice appreciated. Thanks!

Look in the maintenance thread. Just posted about it the other day. Lower flipper strength a setting it two and then remove the targets and bend the back structure piece down. Still airballs but very low and not detrimental at all.

#3022 2 years ago

Is it normal for lower play field plexi glass to get scratched? Worried about the balls getting scratched but don’t know what’s scratching them. Received game yesterday so I think the subway has the new padding.

#3023 2 years ago

it has unbreakable plastics now. I wouldn't worry to much. They slow down as you put more plays on it. Mine has about 600 plays on it so far, and it's getting less and less air balls

#3024 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

it has unbreakable plastics now. I wouldn't worry to much. They slow down as you put more plays on it. Mine has about 600 plays on it so far, and it's getting less and less air balls

Uhh .. are there "unbreakable plastics" out in this world ? Stainless steel ?
lets say, PET-G is much much better than the plexiglas they used on the first machines. But unbreakable is ... brave

#3025 2 years ago

My 48v solenoid fuse keeps blowing. Anyone have a good place to start tracking down the issue?

#3026 2 years ago
Quoted from dgamboa1988:

My 48v solenoid fuse keeps blowing. Anyone have a good place to start tracking down the issue?

Hmm.

When you start up the TBL is there immediately a coil activated? Also check visually all coils to see if one is getting a black color caused by overheating.

Also check if not one of the solder tabs is not touching a metal piece.

Also the coils are connected with a connector to the cob. So you could remove all connectors and put them back one by one till the fuse blows.

#3027 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Hmm.
When you start up the TBL is there immediately a coil activated? Also check visually all coils to see if one is getting a black color caused by overheating.
Also check if not one of the solder tabs is not touching a metal piece.
Also the coils are connected with a connector to the cob. So you could remove all connectors and put them back one by one till the fuse blows.

Thanks for the tip. I thought all of the connections were one big connector. I followed your advice and traced down a burnt coil. It’s now on order. Thanks again.

#3028 2 years ago
Quoted from cmdestin:

My airballs were caused by the clear plastic lower playfield cover not being flush with the playfield. It was slightly lower, so the ball would hit the ridge, bounce into the stand ups, and airball at the dude ramp or back at me. Was easily fixed by lifting the playfield and adjusting the clear plastic cover until flush.

#3029 2 years ago

Question for the group - what’s the procedure for adjusting the main flipper angle? I’m used to machines having small holes or index marks to adjust to. My left flipper is slightly high I believe, as it’s almost impossible to hit the Walter ramp.

Thanks!

#3030 2 years ago

I just look at the line of the rail and try it perfect in line, then drooped a little, then raised a little. try a few games and you'll find the tuning you like. (not on BL as i don't have one disclaimer, but it works the same on all of them)

#3031 2 years ago
Quoted from dgamboa1988:

Thanks for the tip. I thought all of the connections were one big connector. I followed your advice and traced down a burnt coil. It’s now on order. Thanks again.

Ok. Glad to be of service.

Which coil was it? Which TBL serialno do you have (mentioned backside backbox)? Question is ofcourse why it burned.

And if you get a replacement coil make sure it doesn’t have a diode on it !! If it has, cut it of !!

#3032 2 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

EA#70 has been received! It’s been a long 7 years waiting for this game. It is truly a work of art and a very solid build!
I love the chrome when it’s clean but it is terrible with fingerprints!
Theme integration is off the charts! Loving the gameplay but the code definitely needs some more depth. The game is worth the wait!
Good luck to all the other EA’s, hopefully production speed picks up and you will get your games in 2022!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Man, so excited to see these games showing!!! The wait had to be unbearable, but props to DP for staying the course with ORIGINAL game for new owners ( me), and early achievers....

If only another company across the pond would have taken that course....

#3033 2 years ago

Can anyone recommend inner art blades for the game? I would like to install something but I know its kinda tight. Would be great to see pictures of what people have installed.

Thanks
Ed

#3034 2 years ago

Hi All,
This is owner 389 and I've had TBL for a year and a half. It has a serious problem. I can start a game and play the first ball, but when it drains it doesn't put the next ball in the shooter lane. Also while playing that first ball many switches don't register. Has anyone seen this? Any suggestions on where to start to track down the problem?
Thanks,
Bill

#3035 2 years ago
Quoted from Modelvisionary:

Hi All,
This is owner 389 and I've had TBL for a year and a half. It has a serious problem. I can start a game and play the first ball, but when it drains it doesn't put the next ball in the shooter lane. Also while playing that first ball many switches don't register. Has anyone seen this? Any suggestions on where to start to track down the problem?
Thanks,
Bill

Hmm. A tbl doesn’t have a regular switch matrix like you know from WPC pinballs. It has just a row of IO ports.

So can we pinpoint which switches are not working? Are they for instance all in the front of TBL of all around the playfield? Set it in switch test and test all switches. If they concentrate on a certain point of the playfield this might be a clue. If they are all in the front of the playfield carefully reseat the two ribbon cables connecting the FMB to the MMB.

Further more reseating usb cables pc and Proc never hurts.

Try it and let me know.

#3036 2 years ago

Hi All,
Thanks,
Bill

Also check the big ribbon cables that they are seated / pushed in all the way.

#3037 2 years ago

Thanks for the suggestions. It got me to lift the playfield and remove the balls. There were 7 in the trough. I put back the 5 that should be there and it's working fine. So it turned out to be a simple fix.

#3038 2 years ago

Thanks for the suggestions. It got me to lift the playfield and remove the balls. There were 7 in the trough. I put back the 5 that should be there and it's working fine. So it turned out to be a simple fix.

Glad to read it is solved although your statement that a lot of switches also didn’t react remains a mystery.

Seven balls in the trough? You must have mummy and daddy balls I guess and they made some more

Anyway, enjoy again !

#3039 2 years ago

Dealing with a shipping damaged TBL. The "Front Main Board" was damaged by the bowling mech due to the lockdown bar being shifted too low (assume when it was dropped.)

The symptom I have is the right flipper is dead, and I can see a few SMD components are damaged/missing. I assume the left visually similar circuit is the left flipper and can ID the resistors but not the capacitors. Does anyone know what the white capacitor values are or have a schematic that might be able to identify them?

Left flipper circuit
S20211127_019 (resized).jpgS20211127_019 (resized).jpg

Right flipper circuit
S20211127_020 (resized).jpgS20211127_020 (resized).jpg

SMD cap I need to ID for replacement
S20211127_018 (resized).jpgS20211127_018 (resized).jpg

#3040 2 years ago

What about getting new board from DP, under warranty?
Also, I believe the white components are fuses.

And the part marked D1A is that a diode?

#3041 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

What about getting new board from DP, under warranty?

Shipping damage isn’t covered under warranty, costs EUR 295,00 excl shipping (estimated EUR 75,00)

#3042 2 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Shipping damage isn’t covered under warranty, costs EUR 295,00 excl shipping (estimated EUR 75,00)

If you bought game brand new DP/Cointaker will help you get the board replaced for free.

Unless this was one of the damaged units bought for cheaper?

#3043 2 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Dealing with a shipping damaged TBL. The "Front Main Board" was damaged by the bowling mech due to the lockdown bar being shifted too low (assume when it was dropped.)
The symptom I have is the right flipper is dead, and I can see a few SMD components are damaged/missing. I assume the left visually similar circuit is the left flipper and can ID the resistors but not the capacitors. Does anyone know what the white capacitor values are or have a schematic that might be able to identify them?
Left flipper circuit
[quoted image]
Right flipper circuit
[quoted image]
SMD cap I need to ID for replacement
[quoted image]

Sorry to hear that. Was there any indication of damage on the box? Mine was delivered a few days ago. The packaging looks good but I haven’t unboxed it yet.

#3044 2 years ago

those are fuses? how can you tell the value of them if they are not marked? And where can we buy them to keep them on hand. Stern also use those surface mounted fuses?

#3045 2 years ago

I will get you the info what the value is, no worries. All you needed to do is just ask

For the rest, I think to know which TBL this is eg enduser bought it knowing it was a damaged unit in shipping eg. this is why no insurance is helping out I guess. Doesnt mean we are not willing to help, again no worries.

#3046 2 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Sorry to hear that. Was there any indication of damage on the box? Mine was delivered a few days ago. The packaging looks good but I haven’t unboxed it yet.

Game was not delivered to me damaged. I purchased secondhand knowing it was in this condition.

I think cointaker may still be helping me get a replacement (don’t yet know for what cost if any), but wanted to try to repair anyway while I wait.

Thanks Rensh

#3047 2 years ago

When my pin is powered up at least two solenoids continuously fire. The back left gate and the shooter lane plunger are the ones that I'm noticing are firing. They both have an orange and a white wire. Anyone have any ideas? Thx

J
Fat J's Pin Wagon

#3048 2 years ago

The solenoids pulse/fire non stop until I turn off the game out of fear of burning something out. It also causes a loud humming on the speakers and some interference/distortion on the lcd screen.

#3049 2 years ago

Hmm, OK

This is unusual. Can you check if the switches associated with these coils are not stuck? Are you running latest firmware release 057 eg it should give an error message if these switches are stuck.

Now, if it’s truely the left ball gate (at the end of the Donny shot) is firing this is even more unusual as this ballgate doesn’t have a switch like the shooterlane coil has.

Which serialnumber do you have?

And pls keep technical issues dedicated in the maintenance thread. Thanks for this.

#3050 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Hmm, OK
This is unusual. Can you check if the switches associated with these coils are not stuck? Are you running latest firmware release 057 eg it should give an error message if these switches are stuck.
Now, if it’s truely the left ball gate (at the end of the Donny shot) is firing this is even more unusual as this ballgate doesn’t have a switch like the shooterlane coil has.
Which serialnumber do you have?
And pls keep technical issues dedicated in the maintenance thread. Thanks for this.

Thank you. I found the maintenance thread by searching tbl instead of lebowski. Would you prefer I post there or email the Dutch pinball site directly? Thanks Rensh

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 22.50
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

15,000 (OBO)
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,285 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/61?hl=ksp1138 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.