flipper position (3) (resized).jpeg
IMG_6626 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_archive_792_848601.jpg
Pinside_forum_7890198_0.jpg
Pinside_archive_876_2670498.jpg
IMG_0049 (resized).jpg
IMG_2632.gif

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,285 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 146.
#2851 2 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

No luck on terminal window. No alt-tab action. Only a black screen with a cursor. I can right click and get to display settings, then all settings, then see most of the settings dialog window for sound, network, etc. but never any way to execute a terminal command or file explorer / browser. It's like application execution is completely disabled. I wonder if this was changed at some point on the machine to prevent any modification?

No idea why that doesn't work. Try right-clicking anywhere on the black screen and you should see a new folder option. Select that and you should see the folder on the screen and be able to double-click on it to open the file manager.

FYI - I'm able to get to the file manager at least 2 different ways with a keyboard connected. I had to get rid of that Ubuntu crash message yesterday.

#2852 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

No idea why that doesn't work. Try right-clicking anywhere on the black screen and you should see a new folder option. Select that and you should see the folder on the screen and be able to double-click on it to open the file manager.
FYI - I'm able to get to the file manager at least 2 different ways with a keyboard connected. I had to get rid of that Ubuntu crash message yesterday.

Ah good idea! I can create a new folder on the desktop. It's otherwise completely black. I tried changing resolutions / aspect ratios to see if a menu bar or anything else would appear, but nothing. Only thing I can do is the context menu.

ONE other thing that would be nice, would be an ability to mirror the audio to two outputs. I do that on my PC and it's handy. If we could do that in Ubuntu, we'd be able to send audio to the onboard jack, which could be used as a subwoofer output to a powered sub. This game doesn't super need one, but they are sometimes a nice addition to the soundtracks.

#2853 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

Thank you! That worked perfectly. Now I see why the background is black, since it flashes during boot - I now see a folder sitting there I didn't remove LOL. But all music replaced and it works like a charm. I appreciate the assist!

#2854 2 years ago

I made my deposit on 11-9-20, and I hoping to eventually see my TBL within the next couple months.

I was wondering if anyone has made a "necessary accessories" list that would be suggested or recommend for a new TBL owner. I'm not looking for a list of toys, but things TBL owners found they needed, or ended up ordering shortly after receiving their new machine.

For example, cabinet leg protectors, certain fuses, flipper parts, and any other items that you found you needed or wanted shortly after you got your machine. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, mk

#2855 2 years ago
Quoted from mkdud:

I made my deposit on 11-9-20, and I hoping to eventually see my TBL within the next couple months.
I was wondering if anyone has made a "necessary accessories" list that would be suggested or recommend for a new TBL owner. I'm not looking for a list of toys, but things TBL owners found they needed, or ended up ordering shortly after receiving their new machine.
For example, cabinet leg protectors, certain fuses, flipper parts, and any other items that you found you needed or wanted shortly after you got your machine. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, mk

Doobie mod! (I consider it necessary)

#2856 2 years ago
Quoted from mkdud:

With mine, I've had flipper return springs break at the connecting point, so for like $.31 each, you should get some spares. I also had one of the two slingshot plastics (the bunny side) break in multiple spots. I recommend getting protectors for those. A few sets of quality pinballs as the machine scratches balls up and can cause playfield damage if you don't replace them when they get dull / scratched.

So far those have been my issues with ownership. The rest of the machine is thankfully holding up well. I'm sure I'll have to deal with the bowling pins or rug mechanism at some point - but this isn't a beginner's pin to own. It requires some care and feeding - but rewards you with the best theme integration of pretty much any game! Especially if you swap the songs with the real deals

#2857 2 years ago

Is the upper playfield and bowling ally lower pf any fun? Game looks amazing but I’m not a big upper playfield fan. But the theme makes me want to order one. Only one I’ve played was set up with upper playfield missing bands and it sort of messed with my experience.

#2858 2 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

Is the upper playfield and bowling ally lower pf any fun? Game looks amazing but I’m not a big upper playfield fan. But the theme makes me want to order one. Only one I’ve played was set up with upper playfield missing bands and it sort of messed with my experience.

…in my opinion this upper playfield is one of the best I‘ve experienced so far (beside Alice Cooper’s NC )
It‘s fully integrated in gameplay with one of three skill shots, it has a cool bash toy with three modes (car), one main function is progressing to „let go bowling“ by playing loops, it plays a central role in certain rug modes (e.g. the targets to complete Ransom Note) and you have a controlled! play up there. A lot of things to do on such a small area.

#2859 2 years ago

Did or can somebody scan the playfield/miniplayfield/plastics?

#2860 2 years ago

I don't want to get anyone in trouble, but would any tech savvy individual who has switched out the music to the original send me a USB with the code? I of course will pay for time/shipping/etc.

#2861 2 years ago
Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

I don't want to get anyone in trouble, but would any tech savvy individual who has switched out the music to the original send me a USB with the code? I of course will pay for time/shipping/etc.

They offer a delta update on their site but not the full game install.

#2862 2 years ago
Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

X2 I am Computer illiterate

#2863 2 years ago
Quoted from DrBernd:

…in my opinion this upper playfield is one of the best I‘ve experienced so far (beside Alice Cooper’s NC )
It‘s fully integrated in gameplay with one of three skill shots, it has a cool bash toy with three modes (car), one main function is progressing to „let go bowling“ by playing loops, it plays a central role in certain rug modes (e.g. the targets to complete Ransom Note) and you have a controlled! play up there. A lot of things to do on such a small area.

Completely agree!!! Deceptively amazing, and just pure fun. The whole game just connects the dots in such a seamless way for me. Definitely a standout!!

#2864 2 years ago
Quoted from DrBernd:

Agree as well, I'm no good on the WOZ upper playfield but this design feels much more accessible.

#2865 2 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Agree as well, I'm no good on the WOZ upper playfield but this design feels much more accessible.

I agree. Had WOZ and that was a tough upper playfield for me. I love TBL’s. The car modes and Let’s Go Bowling is super fun. My kids love it but I have to keep on “Family Friendly Mode” when they play.

#2866 2 years ago

I also like the family mode option.

#2867 2 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

I also like the family mode option.

Although a “bu@@ sh@t” sneaks through on Mark it Zero even in Family mode.

#2868 2 years ago

With mine, I've had flipper return springs break at the connecting point, so for like $.31 each"

Thanks so much for your post!

So, the actual springs broke at the connecting point?

What items in the machine do you think is/are actually nicking or marking the pinballs?

What kind of protector did you use for the bunny side plastic?

Thanks much for the help!

#2869 2 years ago

Can anyone explain the flipper power settings? What is the ‘ms’ for after them? That seems like A timing metric vs power?

#2870 2 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

Can anyone explain the flipper power settings? What is the ‘ms’ for after them? That seems like A timing metric vs power?

Ms stands for milli seconds. The longer the pulse the higher the strength.

#2871 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Ms stands for milli seconds. The longer the pulse the higher the strength.

Ah interesting. I know it stands for milliseconds, but I couldn’t understand how time related to strength. Ok I’ll adjust them up a little bit

Thank you!

#2872 2 years ago

Referencing: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/57#post-6537553

Made a stack of extra translucent mirrored plastics pieces for the TBL lighted apron mod. These are to replace the orange text and make it white/mirrored. I think these will only fit the standard lighted apron, not the EA one. Read my earlier post for what's involved to install and DM me if you'd be interested. These are just left over material from my mod project. I'm not planning to make anymore. I'll be at expo next week. If you let me know beforehand I'll just give you one there.

20211018_204605 (resized).jpg20211018_204605 (resized).jpg
20211019_000727 (resized).jpg20211019_000727 (resized).jpg

#2873 2 years ago

Getting my Lebowski in December and I am getting more excited as days go by. Question, anyone know if Dutch Pinball is planning on making a topper for Lebowski? I am making my own and it's almost ready, but I would love to get an official topper from them.

#2874 2 years ago

I bought my TBL used, and the Bunny Lebowski plastic was broken. I had to order a new full plastics set to get that one piece, so now, of course - I have a spare for EVERYTHING. Just curious - did all of the machines come with these? I have the DP and the Pin on the keys that came with my machine, but was surprised to see all of these in the replacement set?

Thanks!

Image (resized).jpegImage (resized).jpeg
#2875 2 years ago
Quoted from Time:

Referencing: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/57#post-6537553
Made a stack of extra translucent mirrored plastics pieces for the TBL lighted apron mod. These are to replace the orange text and make it white/mirrored. I think these will only fit the standard lighted apron, not the EA one. Read my earlier post for what's involved to install and DM me if you'd be interested. These are just left over material from my mod project. I'm not planning to make anymore. I'll be at expo next week. If you let me know beforehand I'll just give you one there.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Very cool of you. Great subtle/classy mod.

#2876 2 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

Getting my Lebowski in December and I am getting more excited as days go by. Question, anyone know if Dutch Pinball is planning on making a topper for Lebowski? I am making my own and it's almost ready, but I would love to get an official topper from them.

Read this thread and have a look on #1671 ... more topper is not possible.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/34#post-6040748

#2877 2 years ago

Brand new owner and still unboxing and setting things up. Stupid question I need help with…

Taking the back glass off, I unplugged that clip so I could set the glass aside.

Now looking at where I think it was plugged in, there are EIGHT male posts but the backlight is a female FOUR. Does it just plug into the right four or the left four, and the other open four is to power some accessory etc?

Hopefully my question makes sense or else I’ll send a pic.

Thanks

#2878 2 years ago

<blockquote cite="#6560159"Does it just plug into the right four or the left four, and the other open four is to power some accessory etc?
Thanks

Correct. See picture.

963B6418-5B0A-45BD-8525-06AFF267C9BC (resized).jpeg963B6418-5B0A-45BD-8525-06AFF267C9BC (resized).jpeg
#2879 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

<blockquote cite="#6560159"Does it just plug into the right four or the left four, and the other open four is to power some accessory etc?
Thanks
Correct. See picture. [quoted image]

Cool thank you. Also responding to your email now, too.

#2880 2 years ago

Finally, big thanks to Chris at pinball plating and good friend Rob who helped install the chrome rails to finish the game. What a difference!

B1027F97-DC41-42CF-A41E-13237F097EF9.jpegB1027F97-DC41-42CF-A41E-13237F097EF9.jpeg

0D6CC0BA-F704-4356-97C8-732ADD9B54FF (resized).jpeg0D6CC0BA-F704-4356-97C8-732ADD9B54FF (resized).jpeg1E8E2DE4-DF08-4AFE-AEEE-D1A1D873A800 (resized).jpeg1E8E2DE4-DF08-4AFE-AEEE-D1A1D873A800 (resized).jpeg
#2881 2 years ago
Quoted from PinheadEDM:

Finally, big thanks to Chris at pinball plating and good friend Rob who helped install the chrome rails to finish the game. What a difference!
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

That lock down bar looks so much better!

#2882 2 years ago
Quoted from PinheadEDM:

[quoted image]

Fabulous!

#2883 2 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

I bought my TBL used, and the Bunny Lebowski plastic was broken. I had to order a new full plastics set to get that one piece, so now, of course - I have a spare for EVERYTHING. Just curious - did all of the machines come with these? I have the DP and the Pin on the keys that came with my machine, but was surprised to see all of these in the replacement set?
Thanks!
[quoted image]

Mine arrived yesterday and came with only those top 3

#2884 2 years ago

The game says “shoot the saucer”. What is that?

#2885 2 years ago
Quoted from Kungen:

The game says “shoot the saucer”. What is that?

It's the hole on the left side above the outlane. This is what starts your character multiballs, bowling, and in this case your "mark it zero" awards. The lights on the lane into it will illuminate when it's ready for each of the above.

#2886 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

No comparison!! Simple low cost change.

#2887 2 years ago

i bought just the lockdown bar. It’s night and day better than stock!!

#2888 2 years ago
Quoted from DrBernd:

Agreed. I generally don’t like upper (and lower for that matter) playfields but this game is different. So much to do and so perfectly integrated in the skill shots, modes, etc. Bashing the Dude’s car and the noise it makes is just so perfect. It’s like the crowbar to the windshield combined with the roach in the crotch crash into the garbage cans haha. And I thought that bowling downstairs would get old, nope.

#2889 2 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

i bought just the lockdown bar. It’s night and day better than stock!!

How much and from where?

#2890 2 years ago

New owner as of yesterday’s delivery! (Order placed with CT almost exactly 1 year prior).

Some questions/comments:

- truly impressed with the quality of the build, wiring, components, etc etc. Little touches are done right.

- the sound is the best I’ve heard come from a pinball machine. I have FF kits on some of mine and they don’t sound this good. Not sure if the game has or will have EQ adjustment options, but I wouldn’t touch it at all…it sounds perfect with filling bass, clear mids and crisp highs. Great for music and voice

- Question regarding the flippers. This is my first game where If you tap the flipper button really fast and light (like trying to delicately get a ball trap, etc), the flipper won’t actually do that. It’ll just stay fully up. Is that normal? Wasn’t sure if these are opto flippers and that has something to do with it?

- another question…why is bonus always seemingly 6,900?

#2891 2 years ago

Had to be in the neighborhood of the factory so swung by for a cup of coffee. Newer builts have a made by DP lockbar which looks great to me. And it fits better.

50FD4ECD-29F5-41EE-AEAB-D54C3B4939E8 (resized).jpeg50FD4ECD-29F5-41EE-AEAB-D54C3B4939E8 (resized).jpeg530AFC3B-811E-4ADC-97D9-4108964655AC (resized).jpeg530AFC3B-811E-4ADC-97D9-4108964655AC (resized).jpeg
#2892 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Had to be in the neighborhood of the factory so swung by for a cup of coffee. Newer builts have a made by DP lockbar which looks great to me. And it fits better.

Interesting. So this “new” style is on machines like mine that I got Thursday? Googling other pictures and I can’t tell what’s different about it than the older/other version.

I thought it was a standard Williams bar. Just for kicks to test my theory I swapped it with my Space Station and they fit just fine.

#2893 2 years ago

Sorry for the silly question…how does the machine know the date and time? I see it shows when I started playing it, within the Audits menu, but I don’t see any place within the menu where I had to set the date and time, or where you can adjust it.

If it were Wi-Fi connected at this point, I’d totally understand, but since it’s not, I’m not seeing how it knows.

#2894 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Yea, maybe just my eyes..but have several Chris and Mike's (RIP) plated pieces, including the chrome coin door on my TBL...swear I stared at the them too long the other night when this came up.....I can't see the difference.

#2895 2 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Sorry for the silly question…how does the machine know the date and time? I see it shows when I started playing it, within the Audits menu, but I don’t see any place within the menu where I had to set the date and time, or where you can adjust it.
If it were Wi-Fi connected at this point, I’d totally understand, but since it’s not, I’m not seeing how it knows.

This likeky uses the CMOS battery on the PC motherboard.

#2896 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Yea, maybe just my eyes..but have several Chris and Mike's (RIP) plated pieces, including the chrome coin door on my TBL...swear I stared at the them too long the other night when this came up.....I can't see the difference.

I Have a full chrome package that I got from Chris on my HEP MM and it is beautiful! I am glad to hear that DP finally got a lock down bar that fits on the game properly, hopefully they dealt with the sharp edges as well. As for the chrome plating, I have yet to see any manufacture come close to the level of quality that Mike (again RIP) or Chris puts out. Totally understandable as manufacturers are mass producing these pieces and the cost of doing chrome at the quality level that Chris is doing would be way too cost prohibitive. Kudos to DP for improving this issue!

#2897 2 years ago

I Have a full chrome package that I got from Chris on my HEP MM and it is beautiful! I am glad to hear that DP finally got a lock down bar that fits on the game properly, hopefully they dealt with the sharp edges as well. As for the chrome plating, I have yet to see any manufacture come close to the level of quality that Mike (again RIP) or Chris puts out. Totally understandable as manufacturers are mass producing these pieces and the cost of doing chrome at the quality level that Chris is doing would be way too cost prohibitive. Kudos to DP for improving this issue!

Bar fits fine on mine ( they must have fixed it as it's a late build), and I would have to agree w you as no manufacturer could ever do what Chris does and make any money at it. Magic happens in that shop...I've seen it!! And his sources are military secrets I think...

#2898 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

How “new” are “newer builds”? Starting with EA#69 I hope?

#2899 2 years ago

Noticed my Lock green light was flashing once (failed to hit it). What did that mean?

#2900 2 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Noticed my Lock green light was flashing once (failed to hit it). What did that mean?

Download operational manual form website, there you will find your answer. New manual rel 057 will be soon downloadable there to. Otherwise download it from my Dropbox at https://www.dropbox.com/s/gym2gvdvbrvnwky/Operations_Manual_TBL_release%200.57.pdf?dl=0

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 210.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 22.50
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

There are 7,285 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/58 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.