306EEAE0-3153-4EED-ACCB-6415364DB7C9 (resized).jpeg
FE5875DF-3A58-41A5-8AA4-CE861E460F91 (resized).jpeg
542B141D-3FA2-4C94-8BFD-71AD18D658C2 (resized).jpeg
54F6AE7F-C828-4DE5-89E8-847C051681D7 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7069 (resized).png
IMG_2193 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240315_104555_Gallery (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,141 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 143.
#2801 2 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

May I ask how I'd know whether my machine has the reinforced standup targets or not? I purchased from the original owner (he has a collection of 70 amazing machines. Things were meticulously kept.)
SN is 00376.

I expect that you dont have the reinforced version.

#2802 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Orbit Protector Update
------------------------------------
Hey Folks, the first 10 invoices have gone out, (7 paid and have been shipped). keeping track of the orders manually has proven to be quite challenging for over 40 orders. So for those that have not yet received an invoice please order through Etsy. The advantage is getting proper address information, the variants are easy to set up in the system, and you get tracking and updates. This will streamline the speed at which I can get these out to you all.
Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/FactoryofFun/listing/1088825021/the-big-lebowski-pinball-orbit-protector?utm_source=Copy&utm_medium=ListingManager&utm_campaign=Share&utm_term=so.lmsm&share_time=1632260801866
Thank you!

Are you planing another protector/deflector for the Maude rail? Donny rail protector/deflector works great!

#2803 2 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

May I ask how I'd know whether my machine has the reinforced standup targets or not? I purchased from the original owner (he has a collection of 70 amazing machines. Things were meticulously kept.)
SN is 00376.

if your game was made before Nov 2020 you do not have the reinforced targets.

#2804 2 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

SN is 00376.

As I suspected standup targets are bent back causing airballs.

1CF6D4AA-F890-474B-A745-3D8BA1D569AA (resized).png1CF6D4AA-F890-474B-A745-3D8BA1D569AA (resized).png
#2805 2 years ago

Chris says “get it while you can, while supplies last” makes me wonder are they cutting off ordering soon?

373F9EC9-0A90-4FAC-90D5-3448A5E0F4B4 (resized).jpeg373F9EC9-0A90-4FAC-90D5-3448A5E0F4B4 (resized).jpeg

#2806 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Chris says “get it while you can, while supplies last” makes me wonder are they cutting off ordering soon?
[quoted image]

Just saw that myself. I wonder what’s next for Dutch. Any known licenses they were pursuing? Can they keep building the EA’s even after they’ve moved on to another title? I’m excited to see what’s next!

#2807 2 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Just saw that myself. I wonder what’s next for Dutch. Any known licenses they were pursuing? Can they keep building the EA’s even after they’ve moved on to another title? I’m excited to see what’s next!

Still waiting to hear back from them about more BoP 2.0 kits they were supposedly making…

#2808 2 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

If they’re smart it will be more TBLs until they aren’t allowed to IMO!

#2809 2 years ago
Quoted from dscapo:

Still waiting to hear back from them about more BoP 2.0 kits they were supposedly making…

This is still in the planning as far as I know.

#2810 2 years ago

[quoted image]

This mail is a mystery to me. License is secured for at least 2021 and 2022.

#2811 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

This mail is a mystery to me. License is secured for at least 2021 and 2022.

Does that mean you need to order by 2022 or they stop manufacturing at end of 2022 unless they get an extension?

#2812 2 years ago

New one for me. Here's a quick little mod of a mod I did on TBL tonight.

I missed seeing the The Big Lebowski text in mirror finish on the original apron after switching over to the lit one. The orange just never really looked right to me so I swapped the orange plastic.

Original Lit Apron
Orange Lebowski TextOrange Lebowski Text
Orange Lebowski TextOrange Lebowski Text

The LEDs under the apron are all white. The apron itself is held in with just two screws. Very easy to access and change this.
Apron LEDsApron LEDs

Underside of the apron has glued in colored plastic to defuse the light. I used a heat gun to warm up the glue to remove the orange center plastic.
Underside of the apronUnderside of the apron

Using the original as a template, I cut out a new piece with the miter saw. I used a laminate blade to cut the acrylic sheet cleanly and it worked well.
Cutting the acrylicCutting the acrylic

I got defused white off amazon the same thickness as the original plastics. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MG8KTBX
New white plasticNew white plastic

On the front side of the new plastic I installed one way mirror window film. I then cut it to shape with a razor. They sell mirrored acrylic sheets, but I couldn't find any that were also translucent.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B093C4PS28
Mirrored window filmMirrored window film

Used double sided tape to put it all back together. The tape is slightly too thick compared to the original. If I ever re-do this I'll likely use hot glue next time.
Lit apron mod, now white unlitLit apron mod, now white unlit
Lit apron mod, now white litLit apron mod, now white lit

The white really ties the room together. Its not any more distracting while playing and looks a lot cleaner IMO.
White Lebowski TextWhite Lebowski Text

Whole project took about an hour from start to clean up. I have lots of left over material. If there's enough interest from people with this lit apron, I may consider making a one time run of a few extra white plastic pieces. DM me if this is a mod you'd do on yours.

#2813 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Does that mean you need to order by 2022 or they stop manufacturing at end of 2022 unless they get an extension?

It means the license is secured for 2021 and 2022. This is something which needs to be done on a yearly basis.

Pls don’t overthink everything. Will there eventually come an end to production TBL? Yes ofcourse. Will it be 2022? Who knows. We live in a strange world nowadays and looking 15 months ahead ain’t easy.

#2814 2 years ago

I picked one up on Saturday and am really enjoying it so far. One of the first things I did was create a backup image of the drive and copied it to a new SSD. I then swapped in The Man in Me for Oye Como Va just to see if it would work, and it did. I'll probably replace some of the others with the studio versions now that I know exactly what to do. If there's any interest I could probably throw together some instructions.

#2815 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

I picked one up on Saturday and am really enjoying it so far. One of the first things I did was create a backup image of the drive and copied it to a new SSD. I then swapped in The Man in Me for Oye Como Va just to see if it would work, and it did. I'll probably replace some of the others with the studio versions now that I know exactly what to do. If there's any interest I could probably throw together some instructions.

I'd be Interested. Thank you

#2816 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

There already is an instruction to swap the music (that you must legally own )

https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/05gW2kDuET0tWQ2eR4brg0xGw#instructions_how_to_swap_out_music_at_TBL

#2817 2 years ago

Yeah, just follow these instructions if you want to change the music

I had the drive pulled to do the backup, and just did everything on the new copied drive while it was connected to my pc since I can dual boot into Ubuntu.

#2818 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

As I suspected standup targets are bent back causing airballs. [quoted image]

Are those reinforced targets the ones needed for replacement on tbl?

#2819 2 years ago
Quoted from PinheadEDM:

Are those reinforced targets the ones needed for replacement on tbl?

Yup

#2820 2 years ago

[quoted image]

Deposit in Duderinos

#2821 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Deposit in Duderinos

Time to light up a J!

#2822 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

As I suspected standup targets are bent back causing airballs. [quoted image]

Thank you! Will get a few replacements ordered. It's driving me nuts. Hits the glass super hard, and often will bounce all the way back to the drain straight over the flippers.

#2823 2 years ago

General question - the lockbar on my machine was pretty bad. Stamped metal, super sharp edges and felt cheap. I ordered a replacement chrome lock bar from Hot Rod Arcade / pinball plating, and WOW what a difference. Softer edges, thicker throughout and a much nicer plating.

My question though - both of these pieces have a lot of play left and right. Is there a way to tighten them up? It shifts a lot on nudging the machine, etc. I only have Stern Spike / SAM systems otherwise and those lock bars lock in place much more securely.

Thanks everyone for all the help!

#2824 2 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

General question - the lockbar on my machine was pretty bad. Stamped metal, super sharp edges and felt cheap. I ordered a replacement chrome lock bar from Hot Rod Arcade / pinball plating, and WOW what a difference. Softer edges, thicker throughout and a much nicer plating.
My question though - both of these pieces have a lot of play left and right. Is there a way to tighten them up? It shifts a lot on nudging the machine, etc. I only have Stern Spike / SAM systems otherwise and those lock bars lock in place much more securely.
Thanks everyone for all the help!

There are 2 screws when you take the lockdown bar off underneath. I believe screwing these in a few turns will tighten the lockdown bar.

Also does your new lockdown bar have foam installed on it?

#2825 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

There are 2 screws when you take the lockdown bar off underneath. I believe screwing these in a few turns will tighten the lockdown bar.
Also does your new lockdown bar have foam installed on it?

Oh Duh. No it does not have foam. I'll add some. My machine only has one of the two screws. It's brass, and doesn't seem to turn much in the spot. Interesting...

#2826 2 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

Oh Duh. No it does not have foam. I'll add some. My machine only has one of the two screws. It's brass, and doesn't seem to turn much in the spot. Interesting...

Should have 2 screws here.

E1F69E50-7A87-40FD-AA30-15D99C040F53 (resized).jpegE1F69E50-7A87-40FD-AA30-15D99C040F53 (resized).jpeg
#2827 2 years ago

Finished up Operation manual rel 057 and has been approved.

Will be posted also on DP website asap but it you don’t wanna wait for that you can download it already at my Dropbox folder at

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gym2gvdvbrvnwky/Operations_Manual_TBL_release%200.57.pdf?dl=0

#2828 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Should have 2 screws here.
[quoted image]

Thank you! Last question I promise / do you unscrew them so that they are taller to make the fit tighter or can you tell me what exactly those screws do? I’m sure it’s a 50 year old design, it’s just new to me.

#2829 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

Yeah, just follow these instructions if you want to change the music
I had the drive pulled to do the backup, and just did everything on the new copied drive while it was connected to my pc since I can dual boot into Ubuntu.

When I hit escape I get a solid black screen with a mouse cursor. Pressing the windows key does not yield any icons whatsoever. Is there another trick to getting these icons to show?

#2830 2 years ago

Time to light up a J!

#2831 2 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

When I hit escape I get a solid black screen with a mouse cursor. Pressing the windows key does not yield any icons whatsoever. Is there another trick to getting these icons to show?

Try ctrl-esc instead. I ended up just doing all the sound replacement stuff on my desktop with the drive connected since I didn't have a spare USB keyboard handy.

#2832 2 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

Thank you! Last question I promise / do you unscrew them so that they are taller to make the fit tighter or can you tell me what exactly those screws do? I’m sure it’s a 50 year old design, it’s just new to me.

I believe you screw them in to make bar tighter.

#2833 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Will be posted also on DP website asap but it you don’t wanna wait for that you can download it already at my Dropbox folder at
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gym2gvdvbrvnwky/Operations_Manual_TBL_release%200.57.pdf?dl=0

Sweet!!! Really, really like this game, and appreciate your efforts!!!

#2834 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Thanks Rensh for all the effort!

#2835 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

Try ctrl-esc instead. I ended up just doing all the sound replacement stuff on my desktop with the drive connected since I didn't have a spare USB keyboard handy.

Thanks! Yeah tried that too. Guess I’ll have to pull the drive and try it that way. No go getting to a menu on the screen.

#2836 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I believe you screw them in to make bar tighter.

Thank you! That did the trick. Night and day improvement.

#2837 2 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

Thanks! Yeah tried that too. Guess I’ll have to pull the drive and try it that way. No go getting to a menu on the screen.

One other thing to try would be ctrl-alt-t to open a terminal window. If you can't see the window just alt-tab to select it. Then type nautilus to open the file manager.

I'd recommend hooking the drive up to a PC and using Macrium Reflect to save a backup image of it before you change anything just in case.

#2838 2 years ago

Who voices the narrator? Would it be Sam Elliott who narrates as Leonard the cowboy from the film?

#2839 2 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Who voices the narrator? Would it be Sam Elliott who narrates as Leonard the cowboy from the film?

To me it sounded like the guy from duke nukem haha

#2840 2 years ago

So, I saw that they're planning to do 1.0 code soon.

I know a lot of people have said that getting to the wizard (though it does not exist) is pretty impossible, so is the plan to make the new code more achievable?

I love a game with a good amount of challenge, but there has to be a chance of seeing that wizard mode to make it worthwhile.

Maybe not Valinor hard, but something that definitely takes some time and skill to get to.

#2841 2 years ago

I'm not normally an illuminated flipper button guy, but I like the looks of this one. Anyone have a part number for these? I'm used to modern sterns, so the opto driven flipper buttons are new to me.

I did some research and it looks like these (https://www.pinballlife.com/britemods-store.html) - but I'm not sure which to purchase to swap them out. If anyone has a lead on convenient power connections for them I would great appreciate that assist as well!

Thanks all! Game running awesome now that I adjusted the lower playfield cover. That's what was causing all of my airballs into the standups.

f7f52070028eeb0fab6e4445e3de8a3ef530d795 (resized).jpgf7f52070028eeb0fab6e4445e3de8a3ef530d795 (resized).jpg
#2842 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

I know a lot of people have said that getting to the wizard (though it does not exist) is pretty impossible, so is the plan to make the new code more achievable?

Yes, that is definitely part of the plan! The road to the wizard mode will be more enjoyable and less strict to reach certain goals.

#2843 2 years ago

Is the full software installation available for download? Or only the delta update?

#2844 2 years ago
Quoted from KoenHeltzel:

Yes, that is definitely part of the plan! The road to the wizard mode will be more enjoyable and less strict to reach certain goals.

Will the bowling alley be more reliable? Mine is not. Solid hits on pins sometimes don't register. I was told that it was a software issue. Not sure if that is true or not.

Thanks

#2845 2 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Will the bowling alley be more reliable? Mine is not. Solid hits on pins sometimes don't register. I was told that it was a software issue. Not sure if that is true or not.
Thanks

The bowling alley should work with no issues. Check out the maintenance thread and Rens' manual for the write up on how to fix any problems.

#2846 2 years ago
Quoted from KoenHeltzel:

There might be a TBL in my future

#2847 2 years ago

Quick question that I can't find an answer for - does the WiFi dongle actually do anything in the game? I don't believe it does wifi connected updates, so what's it there for?

#2848 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

One other thing to try would be ctrl-alt-t to open a terminal window. If you can't see the window just alt-tab to select it. Then type nautilus to open the file manager.
I'd recommend hooking the drive up to a PC and using Macrium Reflect to save a backup image of it before you change anything just in case.

No luck on terminal window. No alt-tab action. Only a black screen with a cursor. I can right click and get to display settings, then all settings, then see most of the settings dialog window for sound, network, etc. but never any way to execute a terminal command or file explorer / browser. It's like application execution is completely disabled. I wonder if this was changed at some point on the machine to prevent any modification?

#2849 2 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

Quick question that I can't find an answer for - does the WiFi dongle actually do anything in the game? I don't believe it does wifi connected updates, so what's it there for?

At this moment functionality is zero but meant to change in the future.

#2850 2 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

No luck on terminal window. No alt-tab action. Only a black screen with a cursor. I can right click and get to display settings, then all settings, then see most of the settings dialog window for sound, network, etc. but never any way to execute a terminal command or file explorer / browser. It's like application execution is completely disabled. I wonder if this was changed at some point on the machine to prevent any modification?

Strange. Not blocked on purpose. I can open it in all releases I tried.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
There are 7,141 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 143.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/57?hl=plungerboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.