20240312_103307 (resized).jpg
20240312_103259 (resized).jpg
20240310_223955 (resized).jpg
IMG_4075 (resized).jpeg
20240304_163856 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240308_211657_Chrome (resized).jpg
005 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,103 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 143.
#2651 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

You got me thinking... here we have the WIP protector + deflector to prevent ball drains. This is made of a 3d printed material that is super tough and rubbery in compund. Still in the testing phase but so far looks promising.
Cheers
[quoted image]

Loving that!!! I swear I've seen something like this prior, just can't find it.

Regarding the subway....I think metal is fine, but a polished version w smooth, bent angles would be a great answer...

I don't know an injection molding shop, but have a very, very solid metal fabrication shop that I have a great relationship with...used them on another pinball project..

#2652 2 years ago

You got me thinking... here we have the WIP protector + deflector to prevent ball drains. This is made of a 3d printed material that is super tough and rubbery in compund. Still in the testing phase but so far looks promising.
Cheers

Love it!

#2653 2 years ago

Cheers
[quoted image]

Awesome!
Can you please share the file for a reproduction.
So more player could test the protector.
Do you have a 2nd one for the left side too?

#2654 2 years ago

Cheers
[quoted image]

This was another good reminder of the value Pinside and Pinsiders bring. Good solution to a problem Soulrider911 !!

#2655 2 years ago

Cheers
[quoted image]

Great concept!

#2656 2 years ago

Cheers
[quoted image]

Love it. I'll be interested in one if you make them.

#2657 2 years ago

Cheers
[quoted image]

I would love to get one of these as well

J

#2658 2 years ago

Cheers
[quoted image]

Great thinking on this one Brady! I'll be in for sure if you make a batch of these...really smart idea

#2659 2 years ago

Brady Put me down for 1 when the testing is complete .

#2660 2 years ago
Quoted from jukeboxtim:

Brady Put me down for 1 when the testing is complete .

Me too!

#2661 2 years ago

Me three!

#2662 2 years ago

# 4 here please !

#2664 2 years ago

Cheers
[quoted image]

Nice! Put me on the list for one as well.

CE27F856-BE8C-4D98-8443-1C97306A5283 (resized).jpegCE27F856-BE8C-4D98-8443-1C97306A5283 (resized).jpeg
#2666 2 years ago

Add to List for me also

#2667 2 years ago

And me

#2668 2 years ago

would love one in black?

#2669 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

would love one in black?

Add me to the list. Does that make me number 10 or 11?

#2670 2 years ago

Hey dudes! Wow amazing how much response this little idea generated.

I should probably start taking names - in hopes I can mass produce these things.

Some testing.
I realized that some may not want ball deflection as a feature. So I have made a variant that is slotted so the ball does not touch it on its traversal along the guide. Few more tweaks are needed but getting close.

There have been questions about making this for “both sides.” Currently only making it for the right entrance.

Will keep u all posted

A8677B42-789E-4A52-9A07-C6829508A9FB (resized).jpegA8677B42-789E-4A52-9A07-C6829508A9FB (resized).jpeg
#2671 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

would love one in black?

Agree. Please add me to the list.
Pinbalt
Thanks

#2672 2 years ago

I should probably start taking names - in hopes I can mass produce these things.
Some testing.
I realized that some may not want ball deflection as a feature. So I have made a variant that is slotted so the ball does not touch it on its traversal along the guide. Few more tweaks are needed but getting close.
There have been questions about making this for “both sides.” Currently only making it for the right entrance.
Will keep u all posted [quoted image]

Like this the best yet....orbits are feeding my flippers perfectly....just want to avoid that straight ball to ramp edge hit....well done!! In on this version for sure…

#2673 2 years ago

Some testing.

I would definitely be in for both sides to possibly assist in my orbit issues. Thanks.

#2674 2 years ago

Put me on the list

#2675 2 years ago

Please add me as well!

#2676 2 years ago

You guys can also use Edge Guards. (moulding rubber) I make chairs out of oil barrels for fun and I use the thicker ones for the edges. These are very thin and fit perfect. You can get them in Amazon.

5169ebyb2aL._AC_SL1000_ (resized).jpg5169ebyb2aL._AC_SL1000_ (resized).jpg
#2677 2 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

You guys can also use Edge Guards. (moulding rubber) I make chairs out of oil barrels for fun and I use the thicker ones for the edges. These are very thin and fit perfect. You can get them in Amazon. [quoted image]

I suppose you could cut these out in the middle like the design above. Looks like they have stick tape in the inside.
The question is will these last to a pinball hitting them over and over. But I suppose a strip of this would last a long time too.

Edit - I see that have other versions on Amazon that look stronger.

#2678 2 years ago

Some testing.

I hope you end up making them for both sides, I would like no ball deflection on the left side if you ever make them.

#2679 2 years ago

Some testing.

Seems like you could make it flipable. so it would work either way. If you want deflection, turn it one way, and if you don't flip it the other way. then you have best of both worlds in one design.

#2680 2 years ago

Some testing.

Add me to the list please

#2681 2 years ago

Hey Dudes, I put together a google form to track everyone that wants in on this. (right orbit only at this point) You can sign up here:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Why only the right Orbit?
Currently, I will only be making one for the right orbit, the left will take a bit more work, and might not be possible given the tools I have. The reason for this is there is a post pressed up against the left orbit. That side would require a 2-in-one solution where the post rubber and ramp protector are combined. The good news is the right orbit (from my testing) gets WAY more direct hits to the metal than the left and is the majority contributor to ball damage.

#2682 2 years ago

Currently, I will only be making one for the right orbit, the left will take a bit more work, and might not be possible given the tools I have. The reason for this is there is a post pressed up against the left orbit. That side would require a 2-in-one solution where the post rubber and ramp protector are combined. The good news is the right orbit (from my testing) gets WAY more direct hits to the metal than the left and is the majority contributor to ball damage.

Agreed, that is why I only made my little crappy homemade protector for the right side. I used to cringe every time i mashed that right target!

#2683 2 years ago

I received the lighted apron today without any instructions...
EDIT: Nevermind, got a copy from a friend!

#2684 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I suppose you could cut these out in the middle like the design above. Looks like they have stick tape in the inside.
The question is will these last to a pinball hitting them over and over. But I suppose a strip of this would last a long time too.
Edit - I see that have other versions on Amazon that look stronger.

Yes, They are pretty strong and the adhesive tape they have inside can help too. There are many types, there is a very thin kind, so you probably want to avoid that. Nice thing about it is that you can get them in many different colors and they are very cheap in amazon. $4 to $5.

The one picture below, it's another option.

61V7ZIMIzSL._AC_SL1500_ (resized).jpg61V7ZIMIzSL._AC_SL1500_ (resized).jpg
#2685 2 years ago

Can someone share a picture of how the backglass connects? Mine is not illuminated.

#2686 2 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Can someone share a picture of how the backglass connects? Mine is not illuminated.

Take it off- is the connector plugged in?

#2687 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Take it off- is the connector plugged in?

I’m asking for a picture of where it connects. It’s not connected and don’t see anything in the manual.

#2688 2 years ago

Look in your backbox, you should find an unconnected, black, 8 pin connector. The Backglass connects to the right 4 pins.

IMG_5999 (resized).pngIMG_5999 (resized).png
#2689 2 years ago

Look in your backbox, you should find an unconnected, black, 8 pin connector. The Backglass connects to the right 4 pins.
[quoted image]

The Lord Bless and Keep you kind sir!!

#2690 2 years ago

I'll be honest I have no problems with ball hitting the guide(but little extra protection for future never hurts), I am more interested in them cause both my orbits drain like crazy SDTM and I'm sick of it. Tried adjusting both orbits with no luck. These appear they could help and why I'd be interested in left side as well if you find a way.

#2691 2 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I'll be honest I have no problems with ball hitting the guide(but little extra protection for future never hurts), I am more interested in them cause both my orbits drain like crazy SDTM and I'm sick of it. Tried adjusting both orbits with no luck. These appear they could help and why I'd be interested in left side as well if you find a way.

My right orbit feeds the left flipper perfect... As I am using a protector with slight deflection. Hping I can start making these to help all your SDTM's

#2692 2 years ago

Cpr9999’s new Hollywood Star Lanes sign is a perfect match for the bowling alley on the mini playfield and looks awesome! If you have his mod wiring harness already, it installs in about 2 minutes. Just stick it on the roof of the bowling alley, run wire behind the back of the playfield and plug into the mod harness. That’s it. Thanks Jim for another great mod!

0825FD4C-ADAD-46AE-AD0B-93B2DC0A07DD (resized).jpeg0825FD4C-ADAD-46AE-AD0B-93B2DC0A07DD (resized).jpeg1672E76D-A961-4ADB-9132-4057E1405200 (resized).jpeg1672E76D-A961-4ADB-9132-4057E1405200 (resized).jpegE7892CA9-1F88-40C4-A52E-46C56D66E13D (resized).jpegE7892CA9-1F88-40C4-A52E-46C56D66E13D (resized).jpeg
#2693 2 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Cpr9999’s new Hollywood Star Lanes sign is a perfect match for the bowling alley ...

Cool! I didn't realize that this was available for sale yet. Order just placed.

Thanks for the heads up and thanks to Jim (cpr9999) for making such great TBL mods!

#2694 2 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Cool! I didn't realize that this was available for sale yet. Order just placed.
Thanks for the heads up and thanks to Jim (cpr9999) for making such great TBL mods!

I just listed for sale.
Final parts are on order for first batch run! Should be in full stock in 2 weeks!

Thanks to @fossmin. He & I communicated for 8 months on many design versions - see below. And to Dan1733 for some local testing of mods!

Final version - most viewable - is first photo.
The rest were concepts along the way that were made but did not look good.
8D793737-006C-4408-A048-EEE6D345B8DE (resized).jpeg8D793737-006C-4408-A048-EEE6D345B8DE (resized).jpeg

1A7D27C8-5EAD-44A5-A1F6-24F09AE8CCA2 (resized).jpeg1A7D27C8-5EAD-44A5-A1F6-24F09AE8CCA2 (resized).jpeg6A4D3BA5-FABD-4EF8-9C1F-7FABD070CB94 (resized).jpeg6A4D3BA5-FABD-4EF8-9C1F-7FABD070CB94 (resized).jpeg5A568761-3A47-4DB2-9BC6-E932E98782BF (resized).jpeg5A568761-3A47-4DB2-9BC6-E932E98782BF (resized).jpeg38A656D6-0093-4E39-9687-35079D785C72 (resized).jpeg38A656D6-0093-4E39-9687-35079D785C72 (resized).jpeg

BB5CE5F9-83F9-4DDC-B9AC-4A3EAE12B454 (resized).jpegBB5CE5F9-83F9-4DDC-B9AC-4A3EAE12B454 (resized).jpeg5AF68E2B-57FC-44DA-BD5C-D3442CD2F70A (resized).jpeg5AF68E2B-57FC-44DA-BD5C-D3442CD2F70A (resized).jpeg9E287800-55F1-4296-B151-76FEE67DECE5 (resized).jpeg9E287800-55F1-4296-B151-76FEE67DECE5 (resized).jpeg
#2695 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I just listed for sale.
Final parts are on order for first batch run! Should be in full stock in 2 weeks!
Thanks to fossmin. He & I communicated for 8 months on many design versions - see below. And to Dan1733 for some local testing of mods!
Final version - most viewable - is first photo.
The rest were concepts along the way that were made but did not look good.
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks awesome!

#2696 2 years ago

Does the light stay on all the time or is it tied to the lights under the roof so they go off at certain points during gameplay, etc?

#2697 2 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Does the light stay on all the time or is it tied to the lights under the roof so they go off at certain points during gameplay, etc?

Tied it to my power adapter harness I make/sell. Easy install as described above.

However, You can tie it to anywhere in the game as long as you redo the connector end and find a connection in the game (which is difficult).

#2698 2 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Cpr9999’s new Hollywood Star Lanes sign is a perfect match for the bowling alley on the mini playfield and looks awesome! If you have his mod wiring harness already, it installs in about 2 minutes. Just stick it on the roof of the bowling alley, run wire behind the back of the playfield and plug into the mod harness. That’s it. Thanks Jim for another great mod!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Where could one get the burger sign mod?

#2699 2 years ago

Freakyguy666 #2698 Contact TheDudesMods he sells them and they are top quality

#2700 2 years ago

I had a problem with my opto 2 went out the first week I had my game. Knew 100% it was the opto board. Received replacement opto boards in the mail today. Problem solved. Great customer service and communication all around.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
There are 7,103 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 143.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/54 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.