FE5875DF-3A58-41A5-8AA4-CE861E460F91 (resized).jpeg
542B141D-3FA2-4C94-8BFD-71AD18D658C2 (resized).jpeg
54F6AE7F-C828-4DE5-89E8-847C051681D7 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7069 (resized).png
IMG_2193 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240315_104555_Gallery (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240314_182255_Gallery (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 143.
#2601 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

cpr9999 unfortunately, I have not even gotten to play a single game. My game has no coil power (48v) circuit. I have been working with Rensh on this issue for about 3 weeks (he has been very helpful and i bet he is getting tired of it too). As much as I am a person of positivity, Just starting to lose faith. It’s been a constant stressor. I am glad it happened to me and not someone who this would have been their only game. I do have others I can play, but I mean… they are not TBL dude. I just pray something changes.

Dear soulrider

We are as unhappy as you are but the fact that it is taking longer time is because you were on, a well deserved, holiday and couldn’t thus not try out the Proc for a week, which didn’t do the trick as we both hoped and expected, and now I am waiting already for some time on your video.

I need to make sure if your power supply is truely ticking with security connector disconnected. One advice I just got from our main technician is that these two pins on the PS should read a stable 5V. Didn’t check that yet myself. Likely next step is swapping PS.

You are more than welcome to look for support on the forum, I do the same for my other games, but don’t forget to check your email also

Thanks in advance for your understanding.

#2602 2 years ago
Quoted from KoenHeltzel:

Ah ok, so the first try is too weak to make the VUK then probably. Is that a consistent occurrence?
Two scenarios come to mind (pure speculation by me):
1) the plunge may not be "clean" / dead on, which results in loss of strength. Caused by the ball not sitting right in the shooter lane or maybe the launcher mech being misaligned. But if the harder plunge has no issue this probably isnt it.
2) the pulse length is too short for your particular coil. This "soft" plunge timing is hard coded and not affected by any settings. If you have a spare coil laying around you could try swapping it. If this is it I have to increase this hardcoded value or make it a setting.

After troubleshooting this a little more, we confirmed the diverters are working, but both skill shots (holding left flipper button or holding right flipper button) seem to plunge a bit too weakly. Sometimes holding the left flipper button only makes it halfway and finds the Jesus VUK, and sometimes holding the right flipper and plunging never makes it all the way to the Jesus VUK... and sometimes they work OK. There's no rattling in the shooter lane or any indication it's not a clean launch. It's possible there's dirt on the orbit - the machine seems to still be shedding sawdust type debris... we've been cleaning what we can see but haven't removed the upper playfield to get access to that part of the orbit.

A setting for the soft plunges would certainly be welcome!

Thanks!

#2603 2 years ago

Thank you . I apologize for sounding like such a downer dudes. Appreciate the help

#2604 2 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

I would like to try a solution witch a plastic to cover airballs which are caused by the post... But i have to do some test first to see if it's possible

…thanks Dude, that could be the solution indeed!

I just tested a first prototype made of 1 mm Macrolon (easy to cut with scissors, easy to bend), 10 minutes work.
Seems to work. Played a few games with this shield and did not notice any more hits at the light.
And from player‘s perspective it‘s hardly visible

A7AE467E-4DD3-4E12-94F7-18AAE9BE5FD3 (resized).jpegA7AE467E-4DD3-4E12-94F7-18AAE9BE5FD3 (resized).jpegD9232E00-F12C-491F-935B-B02BED542409 (resized).jpegD9232E00-F12C-491F-935B-B02BED542409 (resized).jpegC024BC58-54B5-4EBE-B0A5-D97B68120231 (resized).jpegC024BC58-54B5-4EBE-B0A5-D97B68120231 (resized).jpeg
#2605 2 years ago
Quoted from Travahontas:

After troubleshooting this a little more, we confirmed the diverters are working, but both skill shots (holding left flipper button or holding right flipper button) seem to plunge a bit too weakly. Sometimes holding the left flipper button only makes it halfway and finds the Jesus VUK, and sometimes holding the right flipper and plunging never makes it all the way to the Jesus VUK... and sometimes they work OK. There's no rattling in the shooter lane or any indication it's not a clean launch. It's possible there's dirt on the orbit - the machine seems to still be shedding sawdust type debris... we've been cleaning what we can see but haven't removed the upper playfield to get access to that part of the orbit.
A setting for the soft plunges would certainly be welcome!
Thanks!

If you a normal launch, which ends in the Maude lanes, than all is fine? Eg it gets up there just as you would expect?

#2606 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

If you a normal launch, which ends in the Maude lanes, than all is fine? Eg it gets up there just as you would expect?

Yeah - normal launches to the Maude lanes always work fine. Thanks!

#2607 2 years ago
Quoted from Travahontas:

Yeah - normal launches to the Maude lanes always work fine. Thanks!

Puzzling. This should mean no mechanical issues are present in the launcher coil if it’s consistent. Also the coil power for left button skillshot (rug skillshot) or no button is the same so why would a rug skillshot not make it and a Maude lane makes it? Are you sure it’s 100% consistent?

Can you pls make a video which shows all three types of launch and mail this to [email protected]?

Thanks.

#2608 2 years ago

The little things...

20210830_190741 (resized).jpg20210830_190741 (resized).jpg

( chrome showed today, but too tired currently...think a weekend adventure)

#2609 2 years ago
Quoted from DrBernd:

…thanks Dude, that could be the solution indeed!
I just tested a first prototype made of 1 mm Macrolon (easy to cut with scissors, easy to bend), 10 minutes work.
Seems to work. Played a few games with this shield and did not notice any more hits at the light.
And from player‘s perspective it‘s hardly visible[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks good - i would take one - at the moment I running out of time for creating stuff

But I'm happy that my TBL runs flawless, only two adjustments were needed. Such a cool machine.

#2610 2 years ago

I hate to be that guy and not read through 50+ pages of posts, I read like 9 of them and seeing if anyone has a solution for the flippers being on the weak side.
Got my game yesterday, everything else seems to be working great. I've got the rear legs jacked up and I cranked the flipper power to the max, but I have issues hitting the Walter ramp from the left flipper. It doesnt want to make it all the way up. I also cant back hand the Dude ramp, which seems like a shot that should go all the way into the ball lock. I can backhard Jesus either unless the ball is already moving at a good quip.
Is that just the game design or is that a way to improve that?

#2611 2 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

I hate to be that guy and not read through 50+ pages of posts, I read like 9 of them and seeing if anyone has a solution for the flippers being on the weak side.
Got my game yesterday, everything else seems to be working great. I've got the rear legs jacked up and I cranked the flipper power to the max, but I have issues hitting the Walter ramp from the left flipper. It doesnt want to make it all the way up. I also cant back hand the Dude ramp, which seems like a shot that should go all the way into the ball lock. I can backhard Jesus either unless the ball is already moving at a good quip.
Is that just the game design or is that a way to improve that?

Hitting Walter ramp from a cradled flipper is more or less impossible with me. Backhanding Dude ramp for a lock ain’t easy. I do it more for a loop shot return to the left flipper.

Besides adjusting flipper strength there is nothing you can do. The mechanisms are brand new regular BW stuff from Pinball life so should be fine. Recommended pitch is 6.5 degrees.

#2612 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Hitting Walter ramp from a cradled flipper is more or less impossible with me. Backhanding Dude ramp for a lock ain’t easy. I do it more for a loop shot return to the left flipper.
Besides adjusting flipper strength there is nothing you can do. The mechanisms are brand new regular BW stuff from Pinball life so should be fine. Recommended pitch is 6.5 degrees.

Perhaps you could assess whether the flippers are binding or possibly rubbing against the playfield? I had this issue on my Maiden and it was dramatically lowering the flipper strength

#2613 2 years ago

Well I am elated to report my TBL has 48v power back! I found ther culprit almost by accident. It ended up being a bad connection point at the coin door release switch to the interface board. I am going to remove the board and reflow solder as it appears it not the connector as it has a solid connection.

I still have clicking, but at least now I can play the game. I want to again, thank Rensh for working though this with me.

IMG_5961 (resized).pngIMG_5961 (resized).png
#2614 2 years ago

Well I am elated to report my TBL has 48v power back! I found ther culprit almost by accident. It ended up being a bad connection point at the coin door release switch to the interface board. I am going to remove the board and reflow solder as it appears it not the connector as it has a solid connection.
I still have clicking, but at least now I can play the game. I want to again, thank Rensh for working though this with me.
[quoted image]

Bam!!! onward to the elusive tick bug.....enjoy the game!!

#2615 2 years ago

[quoted image]

New shit has come to light, good information man!

F7766C44-C6D0-46CC-8C08-1EB4304079BC (resized).jpegF7766C44-C6D0-46CC-8C08-1EB4304079BC (resized).jpeg
#2616 2 years ago

[quoted image]

"alright! Way to go Donny!"

#2617 2 years ago

[quoted image]

That had not occurred to us, dude.

Congrats!

#2618 2 years ago

Ok after playing a few games, first I LOVE the game. Here are some discoveries I have:

Power Supply Clicking behavior
-- PS Clicking happens on game startup
-- PS Clicking stops during gameplay
-- After a game is played PS clicking stays off
-- After a game is played, if you open and close the coin door for any reason PS clicking starts.

Bowling alley Stepper Motor
-- My bowling alley stepper motor seems to be getting trace power when its just sitting, causing a low "whine." Concerned over time this could cause issues with the stepper motor

Flipper Sticking (though I read someone else having this issue)
-- One of the flippers (right) appeared to be "sticking up" on my game. After inspecting the flipper otpo and interrup I noticed the interrups is just barely going in far enough to cross the opto beam and because the interrupt leg is pretty flimsy plastic... somtimes it does stick and somtimes it does not.
------Solution: I trimmed my flipper button contact slightly (hacky, but works), so the interrupy legs go in farther. If one was so inclined could also use a heat gun and slightly bend.

Orbit Drains
-- I get a LOT of orbit "Donny" drains going both ways. My game is completely level side to side, and sitting at 6.5º
-- Skill shot also will go STDM if I do not engage the Left flipper to hit the ball.

Cheers!

#2619 2 years ago

my donny shot from left to right, will go down the middle on a perfect fast shot almost every time. Does not the other direction (I don't think. Maude usually stops it from right to left.

#2620 2 years ago

It's part of the game man. Live with it Donny lol

#2621 2 years ago

My Donny shots works pretty good. No stdm.

But i Fight with my Jesus Shot.... The Ball rejects and comes Back and doesn't Go to the Vuk.

Also the Post next to Jesus and the ramp targets leads to heavy airballs

#2622 2 years ago

Bowling alley Stepper Motor
-- My bowling alley stepper motor seems to be getting trace power when its just sitting, causing a low "whine." Concerned over time this could cause issues with the stepper motor

My has always done that. I was sent a replacement but haven’t replaced it yet due to how much has to be removed to get to it. Wondering if you find a way to stop the noise without replacement. Opening the coin door stops the noise until you close it again.

#2623 2 years ago

For those owners interested

As you know we have been struggling in getting to the root cause of the reported ticking relay in the power supply in the backbox.

Where we first really thought it would be the PROC it has shown in real life it wasn’t.
As only US owners reported it the next step was to check if the 115 versus 230 Voltage would be causing this. To test this DP ordered a 230-115 VAC converter which was received this week and tested out today. And yes, we were able to replicate this issue

It has been shown that the cause lies in the power supply but a much older batch of the power supply showed the same ticking. Just replacing the PS will likely not solve it. So, now we are studying which combination is exactly causing this issue and be sure the solution is solid and permanent.

I will keep you updated.

To be continued

#2624 2 years ago

Than the whining sound of the Bowling Alley stepper motor.

This is being studied upon to fix this through a software release. At the moment it looks like its caused by an energized stepper motor and the idea is to disengage is when not needed which should stop the whining sound-high pitch some people report. Also the crimping of the wioring in the connector is influencing this

To be cntd asap

#2625 2 years ago

Thanks for the update Rensh I LOVE my game.

#2626 2 years ago

Even with being new to this game, it's evident Rensh and team rock ...

Suspect the end is near for these minor oddities..

Absolutely fascinated and love this machine!!! Feels like vintage w major hi tech vibe...can't really describe it....very special..

#2627 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Recommended pitch is 6.5 degrees.

I thought it was actually recommended at 6.8°…

#2628 2 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

I thought it was actually recommended at 6.8°…

6.5 metric degrees

#2629 2 years ago

I’m not near my game. Out of town. Can anyone tell me if the lock nuts on the playfield that hold down the slingshot plastics are 6 or 7 mm?

Thanks

#2630 2 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

I’m not near my game. Out of town. Can anyone tell me if the lock nuts on the playfield that hold down the slingshot plastics are 6 or 7 mm?
Thanks

7 mm, M4

#2631 2 years ago

Thanks Rens.

#2632 2 years ago

I posted this on the wrong thread:
Just an FYI on my original EA game I noticed that in the area circled in blue by the right ramp entrance in this photo behind the stand up target that the ball was hitting the metal ball guide. Apparently the target was bottoming on hard hits allowing the metal rail to be hit by the ball and overtime it had actually mushroomed the end of the metal rail from the ball strikes and it was causing damage to the ball as well. I had made a temporary piece to protect area until I could figure out a more permanent solution. Might want to check your games to see if the same thing is happening on your machines.

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

mine hasn't mushroomed out, but i have the updated stand ups. How is the donny exit, with that thick rubber on there now? I may ad that on purpose just to kick the ball over to the left to stop cheap drains

Donny exit is good, no cheap drains.
A0FFAEFB-207E-43C1-AA59-13484FD0F8AD (resized).jpegA0FFAEFB-207E-43C1-AA59-13484FD0F8AD (resized).jpeg

#2633 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Just an FYI on my original EA game I noticed that in the area circled in blue by the right ramp entrance in this photo behind the stand up target that the ball was hitting the metal ball guide. Apparently the target was bottoming on hard hits allowing the metal rail to be hit by the ball and overtime it had actually mushroomed the end of the metal rail from the ball strikes and it was causing damage to the ball as well. I had made a temporary piece to protect area until I could figure out a more permanent solution. Might want to check your games to see if the same thing is happening on your machines.

Quoted from CaptainNeo:
mine hasn't mushroomed out, but i have the updated stand ups. How is the donny exit, with that thick rubber on there now? I may ad that on purpose just to kick the ball over to the left to stop cheap drains

I gotta figure out something on both orbit lanes cause mine drain 90% of the time, it's brutal. It is the one thing keeping this game from being amazing to me is I basically am avoiding those shots.

#2634 2 years ago

[quoted image]

awesome. I'm going to try this out.

The left ramp design pisses me off a bit, because it would have been so easy to remedy in design. If that ramp would tapper down `1/2" after the diverter, and the scoop was 1/2" lower. The balls would never get rejected and any ball that made it past the diverter, would roll into the scoop. Would have fixed all of the ramp rejections. I'm almost tempted to make replacement scoops and new ramps with the new design. I think I can alter the current ramp with heat enough to get that 1/2" downward bend in it. I'd just have to remake the scoop slightly shorter.

#2635 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

awesome. I'm going to try this out.
The left ramp design pisses me off a bit, because it would have been so easy to remedy in design. If that ramp would tapper down `1/2" after the diverter, and the scoop was 1/2" lower. The balls would never get rejected and any ball that made it past the diverter, would roll into the scoop. Would have fixed all of the ramp rejections. I'm almost tempted to make replacement scoops and new ramps with the new design. I think I can alter the current ramp with heat enough to get that 1/2" downward bend in it. I'd just have to remake the scoop slightly shorter.

Is that what CPR999's ramp clip is designed to address? I was curious if this is an issue that only plagues the older builds or if even newer owners are experiencing left ramp rejects too.

#2636 2 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Is that what CPR999's ramp clip is designed to address? I was curious if this is an issue that only plagues the older builds or if even newer owners are experiencing left ramp rejects too.

The ramp clip is made to squeeze the plastic ramp that flares out on the left and right side right near the metal ball scoop/guide in the back. It brings it in to touch the metal scoop/guide. This prevents balls from going up the ramp and hitting the metal scoops/guide and coming back down the ramp.

What Neo is referencing is the angle of the ramp as the ball comes up to the top of the ramp it should easily slide down the back. Right now the top height of the ramp is near the metal scoop/guide - to far back. Basically pinball angle of ramp.

Bottom line there are 2 problems with the ramp. The clip fixes one of the two.

#2637 2 years ago

the clip helps a little, but doesn't fix the problem completely. the clip makes rejections from about 80% to about 50%.

Remaking the angle of ramp and lowering the scoop, would solve the issue 100%.

#2638 2 years ago

Final cosmetic pics on mine dudes...she's got a nice place now...

PDI
Laseriffic topper
Chromed coin door, hinges ( Hot Rod), Terry's coindoor latch ( hate keys)
Apron
Chromed look flipper buttons
Cheesy bowling sign ( modded and hardwired to timer)

Game just looks amazing without any other adds or bling for me

Definitely " in" this club and engaged. The Dude Abides in my place!!
20210904_170638 (resized).jpg20210904_170638 (resized).jpg

#2641 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

[quoted image]

I don't think your bowling sign is cheesy at all. It looks cool in that location. Nice job.

#2642 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Final cosmetic pics on mine dudes...she's got a nice place now...
PDI
Laseriffic topper
Chromed coin door, hinges ( Hot Rod), Terry's coindoor latch ( hate keys)
Apron
Chromed look flipper buttons
Game just looks amazing without any other adds or bling for me
Definitely " in" this club and engaged. The Dude Abides in my place!!
[quoted image]

Ordered the chrome hinges, flipper buttons chrome and the launch button chrome plus the chrome glass channel. Your tbl looking sweet

#2643 2 years ago
Quoted from PinheadEDM:

Ordered the chrome hinges, flipper buttons chrome and the launch button chrome plus the chrome glass channel. Your tbl looking sweet

Where did you get these from?

#2644 2 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

I just ordered this as well from Chris Royalty at Hot rod arcade. He is great to work with.

#2645 2 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

I just ordered this as well from Chris Royalty at Hot rod arcade. He is great to work with.

Agreed...super nice guy...

#2646 2 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

The hinges and coin door plus glass chrome channel at pinball plating Chris Royalty (he’s the best) , the flipper buttons chrome and launch button chrome from pinball center

#2647 2 years ago
Quoted from KoenHeltzel:

Ah ok, so the first try is too weak to make the VUK then probably. Is that a consistent occurrence?
Two scenarios come to mind (pure speculation by me):
1) the plunge may not be "clean" / dead on, which results in loss of strength. Caused by the ball not sitting right in the shooter lane or maybe the launcher mech being misaligned. But if the harder plunge has no issue this probably isnt it.
2) the pulse length is too short for your particular coil. This "soft" plunge timing is hard coded and not affected by any settings. If you have a spare coil laying around you could try swapping it. If this is it I have to increase this hardcoded value or make it a setting.

Quoted from Rensh:

Puzzling. This should mean no mechanical issues are present in the launcher coil if it’s consistent. Also the coil power for left button skillshot (rug skillshot) or no button is the same so why would a rug skillshot not make it and a Maude lane makes it? Are you sure it’s 100% consistent?
Can you pls make a video which shows all three types of launch and mail this to [email protected]?
Thanks.

SOLVED - Your first presumption was correct. The launch coil plunger was aiming a little left.

I took some ‘slow motion’ video on my iPhone and I perceived some ratting type motion in the shooter lane on the failed launches. Looking down the bore sight of the shooter coil it looked a little aimed to the left. After loosening the bracket mounting nuts and getting the coil bracket snug up against the side of the playfield, it appears to be aimed more along the center of the shooter lane. No failures since then! Thanks again for the helpful advice!

#2648 2 years ago

[quoted image]

You got me thinking... here we have the WIP protector + deflector to prevent ball drains. This is made of a 3d printed material that is super tough and rubbery in compund. Still in the testing phase but so far looks promising.
Cheers
IMG_5988 (resized).pngIMG_5988 (resized).png

#2649 2 years ago

You got me thinking... here we have the WIP protector + deflector to prevent ball drains. This is made of a 3d printed material that is super tough and rubbery in compund. Still in the testing phase but so far looks promising.
Cheers
[quoted image]

This is a fantastic idea. This game has a handful of these painful metal on metal contact points that lead to instant ball damage. I really wish someone would make a vacuum formed subway as well. That metal one kills the ball too.

#2650 2 years ago

Cheers
[quoted image]

Nice...great idea!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
There are 7,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 143.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/53?hl=paulbaptise and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.