IMG_20240423_132359275 (resized).jpg
IMG_5894 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5893 (resized).jpeg
735513270 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,310 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 147.
#2501 2 years ago

Getting close…on Hollywood sign.
Hoping to get in parts in the next 2-3 weeks to start building. Getting things made right now is tough and time consuming.

C9DD6AAF-2F2B-4B8A-99FA-DC191D37A996 (resized).jpegC9DD6AAF-2F2B-4B8A-99FA-DC191D37A996 (resized).jpeg
#2502 2 years ago

I have not forgot…still doing motor testing…on these:

983D224F-35BE-4492-9FE2-873DEA3A89F9 (resized).jpeg983D224F-35BE-4492-9FE2-873DEA3A89F9 (resized).jpeg
#2503 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Getting close…on Hollywood sign.
Hoping to get in parts in the next 2-3 weeks to start building. Getting things made right now is tough and time consuming.[quoted image]

As a beta tester, I can tell you this is the best tbl mod of all time.

Except for the cpr doobie.

And except for the cpr spinning bowling pin in development.

#2504 2 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

As a beta tester, I can tell you this is the best tbl mod of all time.
Except for the cpr doobie.
And except for the cpr spinning bowling pin in development.

I will have more to beta test soon
Also need to play more of those cool games you have too!

#2505 2 years ago

Sadly my situation seems to have worsended... At least previously I just had clicking on the power supply, now there is some mystery of a power issue, in which the game gets no coil power

#2506 2 years ago

Soulrider911 What a bummer man. Any word from DP on whats causing your latest issue. Mines still playable just has the clicking sound from power supply. Tim

#2507 2 years ago

Sadly no, have not heard from Rensh in a bit. I know they are busy, and I have been patient… for like 2 years lol… but as of now I have a 12k paper weight

#2508 2 years ago

Dear fellow Dudes,

Sorry it takes some time. Wanna be as sure as possible on what is causing this and its also holiday season, also not helping.

However, now its almost sure that the cause is a faulty batch of PROC (soldering issue or better, lack of solder with some of last shipment received by DP). We have selected two people who will get very soon a replacement PROC made in another batch to make this theory move from 95% sure to 100% sure. If theory proofs to be correct we will roll this out to all others who have reported this issue. So, if you havent reported it yet via email, do so.

Exact shipping time and when these two owners can install it defines when we can roll this out but we are targetting-pushing to know it next week.

So hopefully the frustration will end soon. Having a TBL in your gameroom not able to play is like a beautiful lady barely dressed in your bed and you are only allowed to watch . We understand the feeling but can only assure you that DP is doing everything reasonable to get you up and running asap. We have the best man working on the case

Note: Multimorphic has very helpfull till now so no bad feelings against them pls, things like this just happen even to the best, its pinball after all

#2509 2 years ago

EDIT: I posted this right at the same time as Rensh ... JINX

Just heard from the Dude, apparently, those of us experiencing power supply-related issues may have a faulty board. They are going to do some tests and get back to us. The good news it sounds like the great folks at Dutch Pinball have narrowed down the issue. I have the utmost faith in them!

#2510 2 years ago

How did these games make it out of the factory? I thought all games were tested.

Not placing blame, just trying to figure out a game gets from point A to point B and then an issue pops up. Feels weird that a board could be just fine in the testing phase and then only a few weeks (or less) later it doesn't work.

I hope this is the issue. If the new board doesn't solve it.... whoa boy...

#2511 2 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

How did these games make it out of the factory? I thought all games were tested.
Not placing blame, just trying to figure out a game gets from point A to point B and then an issue pops up. Feels weird that a board could be just fine in the testing phase and then only a few weeks (or less) later it doesn't work.

Whoa boy what? You just keep after it until it is solved.

#2512 2 years ago

awesome response. Great work guys. More responsive tech support than JJP. People around here, have not had such good success having to get things fixed from new JJP games. You guys are doing great.

#2513 2 years ago

Completely agree...1 small run of intermittent boards on last batch? Getting addressed in a week? Other companies would kill for this kind of support .

"Care packages "( complete game in a bag), ongoing playfield, mech issues to name recent highlights....

This game is engineered and built amazing...add the support = huge win.

The problem shows on occasion in my case. I've found a way to mitigate until problem is identified. Been playing every night.....

#2514 2 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

All games are really tested which makes it even stranger. What’s also strange only US TBLs have it. Also strange.

All TBLs go through a burn-in test where TBL is on and coils etc are activated for some time. Rest assure, if something is found it isn’t shipped until it’s fixed.

Anyway, it looks like the cause is found. Two proc’s are on the way so we should know within a few days if it’s really the Proc to blame.

#2515 2 years ago

If only US TBL are involved ... the difference is the wall power. Maybe here is the problem ? 220 Volts / 110 Volts 50/60 Herz

#2516 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Whoa boy what? You just keep after it until it is solved.

Yeah that's what I mean. "Whoa boy" as in..... what the heck else could it be? It's not a mechanical issue.

Quoted from Rensh:

All games are really tested which makes it even stranger. What’s also strange only US TBLs have it. Also strange.

Huh... that is bizarre. And like TomDK said, the only difference is the outlet power. But not all TBLs in that batch are experiencing the same issues, right? So weird. Never heard of anything like this. Good on you guys for potentially finding the issue.

#2517 2 years ago

We are happy to release code update 0.56 for The Big Lebowski™ Pinball!

This update focuses on bugfixes, audits and various small improvements.
Download / changelog:
https://www.dutchpinball.com/the_big_lebowski_pinball_software

Special thanks to timlah79 who did a lot of bug hunting, suggestions and testing!

After the last few important game improving updates (0.54, 0.55, 0.56) we are now re-grouping our extended code team (incl. sound engineer and animator) to work towards a feature complete version 1.0 which will have a lot more gameplay improvements and of course the wizard mode "The Dude Abides".
Because of the work involved this will take a while, I will try to give some (textual) updates in between.

If bugs are reported and fixed in the mean time it's possible we will do one or more small code updates although we will focus on the big 1.0 update.

Thank you for your patience and contributions,

- Koen

#2518 2 years ago

Nicely done. Good work TBL crew!

I'd really love to see this game continue to be one of the best ever made and then to see dp do even more beyond TBL.

Confidence is growing!

#2519 2 years ago
Quoted from KoenHeltzel:

Download / changelog:
Special thanks to timlah79 who did a lot of bug hunting, suggestions and testing!
After the last few important game improving updates (0.54, 0.55, 0.56) we are now re-grouping our extended code team (incl. sound engineer and animator) to work towards a feature complete version 1.0 which will have a lot more gameplay improvements and of course the wizard mode "The Dude Abides".
Because of the work involved this will take a while, I will try to give some (textual) updates in between.
If bugs are reported and fixed in the mean time it's possible we will do one or more small code updates although we will focus on the big 1.0 update.
- Koen

So where should I plug in the USB stick. Is it on the proc pcb?

#2520 2 years ago
Quoted from Chopper36:

My 2020 built TBL has 2 USB ports in the top left corner of the backbox. Space is limited between these and the top of the backbox so the shorter the thumb drive, the better.

Just uploaded the new code and runs great. Thanks DP!

#2521 2 years ago

The computer gets updated not the p-roc.

Quoted from Chopper36:

#2522 2 years ago

Ok thanks guys, this was the only place I could see to plug in a stick, just wanted to make sure before I plugged it in. Not a very good design for updating, and yes a short stick is the way to go, not much room.

#2523 2 years ago
Quoted from Chopper36:

Instructions how-to update is on the same webpage. Just take a minute to read them and you will be fine

#2524 2 years ago

...is there a special requirement concerning the USB? Format, size? Did not see any information on this

#2525 2 years ago

I want to congratulate Koen (and Rens too) on the most recent code update.

I can't imagine how much time and work is involved. Thanks to you both for your tireless efforts.

Looking forward to one day seeing The Dude Abides. On a stream of someone else playing it, of course.

Well done.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2526 2 years ago

Have we always had total games played audits? Missed when we got that if it was before this update.

Anyways, looking at the number of games I've played, take what I paid for tbl, divide games... and.. oh no... oh no. TBL has cost me $48 per play.

#2527 2 years ago

Smooth update....bourbon night + end to grueling week= major time on the lanes....love this game!!!!

#2528 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Smooth update....bourbon night + end to grueling week= major time on the lanes....love this game!!!!

Very cool - cheers Dude!

TBL Cheers (resized).jpgTBL Cheers (resized).jpg

#2529 2 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Very cool - cheers Dude!
[quoted image]

Back at you Dude!!! ( sometimes, life doesn't suck)

20210813_203809 (resized).jpg20210813_203809 (resized).jpg

Installing topper and Apron tomorrow!!!

#2530 2 years ago
Quoted from KoenHeltzel:

Download / changelog:
- Koen

You and DP are more than welcome! Thank you for taking my suggestions to heart! I'm very thankful that I was able to help in "bug land" as well (repro-ing bugs is my jam! ). It's also incredibly cool that you are going with a larger focus for 1.0. I wholeheartedly agree with this decision and am looking forward to continuing to help along the way if I can.

#2531 2 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

You and DP are more than welcome! Thank you for taking my suggestions to heart! I'm very thankful that I was able to help in "bug land" as well (repro-ing bugs is my jam! ). It's also incredibly cool that you are going with a larger focus for 1.0. I wholeheartedly agree with this decision and am looking forward to continuing to help along the way if I can.

grande Tim

#2532 2 years ago

We installed .56 tonight with success as well... may have alleviated a previous freezing issue - time will tell...

Question, though: Can y'all help us understand what's supposed to happen when you're plunging WHILE holding the right flipper button? Display indicates it should go up to the upper playfield, but it just barely plunges the ball and doesn't even make it to the pop bumper lanes, let alone the upper playfield...

Thanks!

#2533 2 years ago

For the right flipper / bowling skillshot, the ball should be plunged into the VUK and shot up to the upper playfield. This is actually the idle position of the "Shooter Lane Diverter" solenoid.
The plunge is softer than if the ball IS diverted towards the loop/jets, but should still be plenty to make the VUK. Sounds like your diverter is stuck or something like that. Can you test your "Shooter Lane Diverter" solenoid in the solenoid test? You should be able to see its behavior peeking down the spinner lane.
If that doesn't help, can you share a video?

#2534 2 years ago
Quoted from KoenHeltzel:

For the right flipper / bowling skillshot, the ball should be plunged into the VUK and shot up to the upper playfield. This is actually the idle position of the "Shooter Lane Diverter" solenoid.
The plunge is softer than if the ball IS diverted towards the loop/jets, but should still be plenty to make the VUK. Sounds like your diverter is stuck or something like that. Can you test your "Shooter Lane Diverter" solenoid in the solenoid test? You should be able to see its behavior peeking down the spinner lane.
If that doesn't help, can you share a video?

Thanks! The impression we were getting was the soft plunge (as you describe it) was too soft... After the first plunge failed and slid back down the shooter lane, the game would automatically re-try with a harder plunge and it went over to the pops, so a diverter issue could make sense! We'll look into it.

#2535 2 years ago

Ah ok, so the first try is too weak to make the VUK then probably. Is that a consistent occurrence?
Two scenarios come to mind (pure speculation by me):
1) the plunge may not be "clean" / dead on, which results in loss of strength. Caused by the ball not sitting right in the shooter lane or maybe the launcher mech being misaligned. But if the harder plunge has no issue this probably isnt it.
2) the pulse length is too short for your particular coil. This "soft" plunge timing is hard coded and not affected by any settings. If you have a spare coil laying around you could try swapping it. If this is it I have to increase this hardcoded value or make it a setting.

#2536 2 years ago
Quoted from KoenHeltzel:

Ah ok, so the first try is too weak to make the VUK then probably. Is that a consistent occurrence?
Two scenarios come to mind (pure speculation by me):
1) the plunge may not be "clean" / dead on, which results in loss of strength. Caused by the ball not sitting right in the shooter lane or maybe the launcher mech being misaligned. But if the harder plunge has no issue this probably isnt it.
2) the pulse length is too short for your particular coil. This "soft" plunge timing is hard coded and not affected by any settings. If you have a spare coil laying around you could try swapping it. If this is it I have to increase this hardcoded value or make it a setting.

Thanks again - I'll let you know what we discover!

#2537 2 years ago

As you are aware software 056 has been released. Official manual is however still at 054.

Now how this works is, I make the manual in Word which goes to a DTP person which makes it as beautiful as you have seen. But this takes some time.

What I can share is the Word document I have sent to the DTP person where in red the changes are against 054 version officially announced. My work is finished, waiting is just for good looking DTP version

No special subscription to a special club needed for this . Being a Dude is good enough for me

See https://www.dropbox.com/s/81dv566sc5dbdyh/Operations%20Manual%20TBL%20versie%20056%20-%20beta.pdf?dl=0

There might be a few minor changes in the official version when its ready but this tells you at least all major (and most minor) stuff.

Enjoy reading.

#2538 2 years ago

anyone have all the rubber sizes in the game? They don't appear to be in the manual.

#2539 2 years ago

Top Pingraffixx Bottom Tilt Amusement.
Do you guys have any of these?

Lebowski inner (resized).pngLebowski inner (resized).pngco (resized).jpgco (resized).jpg
#2540 2 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

[quoted image][quoted image]

I have the blue one on one side of my game.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/15#post-5411789

#2541 2 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

Top ones look great!!!

Had the hood up on mine a couple times already to install apron, etc. ...very tight fit for me...I've got the guards, but may scratch my head before putting blades on....what an awesome game!!

#2542 2 years ago

Agree, I like the top set. I went with felt on the sides of my playfield

#2543 2 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

I have the black set. They look great, more subtle for sure. I do use guards when lifting the playfield to keep them safe

#2544 2 years ago

I have a set of the blue ones from Tilt Graphics. I decided not to install them and leave my cabinet blank 50 bucks plus shipping in the lower 48 Thanks Tim

#2545 2 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

It looks weak, because the stars have no neon glow!
I just work on my own custom version.
I will also have it printed on black glossy blades, like black mirror-blades.
Easy to top the actual result.

#2546 2 years ago
Quoted from jukeboxtim:

I have a set of the blue ones from Tilt Graphics. I decided not to install them and leave my cabinet blank 50 bucks plus shipping the lower 48 Thanks Tim

Pm sent

#2547 2 years ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

It looks weak, because the stars have no neon glow!
I just work on my own custom version.
I will also have it printed on black glossy blades, like black mirror-blades.
Easy to top the actual result.

I like the black ones but you have a fair point.

#2548 2 years ago
Quoted from mac2444:

I have the black set. They look great, more subtle for sure. I do use guards when lifting the playfield to keep them safe

Would you mind sharing a pic? TIA.

#2549 2 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

Would you mind sharing a pic? TIA.

I'll try and make it happen next time I'm home. It does look very much like the photos that tilt has up though.

#2550 2 years ago

How is everyone finding the latest code update? What improvements in play is there? How does the game run etc please?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 22.50
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

15,000 (OBO)
$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 7,310 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 147.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/51?hl=per3per3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.