Topic Stats

• 491 posts
  • 85 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 minutes ago by delt31
  • Topic is favorited by 41 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 136 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

7AAF2FC4-4AA6-4C0A-B8A2-55A0F5DCA9AB (resized).jpeg
870AD5E9-1688-4BD7-86CD-17E9126D12F1 (resized).png
IMG_20191015_051809 (resized).jpg
IMG_0358 (resized).JPG
IMG_0362 (resized).JPG
IMG_0356 (resized).JPG
IMG_0355 (resized).JPG
IMG_0347 (resized).JPG
IMG_0353 (resized).JPG
3D1885BD-5638-4C2E-AC75-CFCD42A27B21 (resized).jpeg
40752E05-D115-4147-A712-3876147DA309 (resized).jpeg
9B98E677-BBDE-43CC-8389-B5539083056B (resized).jpeg
iMarkup_20190920_203101 (resized).jpg
IMG_4127 (resized).jpg
IMG_7302 (resized).jpeg
10FE625A-5756-4288-BB9F-2AE897B6731F (resized).jpeg

There are 491 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 10.
#201 56 days ago

Unfortunately the only I've ever seen on location never worked, but always wanted to play it.

Funny thing is today a friend for business reasons offered to introduce me to "The Dude" Lebowski was inspired by.

Anyone ever been to the Lebowski shop here in NYC? (if it's still there). Fun place.

#202 56 days ago

Are these more legible?
Slide1.JPGSlide10.JPGSlide11.JPGSlide12.JPGSlide13.JPGSlide14.JPGSlide15.JPGSlide16.JPGSlide17.JPGSlide18.JPGSlide19.JPGSlide2.JPGSlide20.JPGSlide21.JPGSlide22.JPG

Slide3.JPGSlide4.JPGSlide5.JPGSlide6.JPGSlide7.JPGSlide8.JPGSlide9.JPG
#203 56 days ago

There is a rules card/free play card on dutchpinball
http://www.dutchpinball.com/tbl/TBL%20Score%20Cards.pdf

#204 56 days ago

Is a real manual available?

#205 55 days ago

So the lockbar fitment is kinda off like CGC games. Back glass is insanely heavy. Game looks and shoots great. Theres a bad ball trap on the upper playfield ill figure a remedy and pass it along. All the rubbers even with sitting are perfect and the bowling ally has all upgrades. So far eveything has been great. One of my chrome legs needs the threads chased on the bottom. Not a huge deal

#206 55 days ago

nope

Quoted from whitey:

Is a real manual available?

#207 55 days ago

I just flew from Hong Kong to Dallas and watched TBL for the umpteenth time. It never fails to entertain!

310E86C0-6592-4509-B009-DED4A93C2958 (resized).jpeg
#208 55 days ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

So the lockbar fitment is kinda off like CGC games. Back glass is insanely heavy. Game looks and shoots great. Theres a bad ball trap on the upper playfield ill figure a remedy and pass it along. All the rubbers even with sitting are perfect and the bowling ally has all upgrades. So far eveything has been great. One of my chrome legs needs the threads chased on the bottom. Not a huge deal

Thanks, post some pictures with instructions.

Very dude like!

#209 55 days ago

The translite is crazy heavy ? I will say the translite looks like a backglass! No waves or wrinkles . My B/W games as cpr
Makes mirrored glasses I replace them all

#210 55 days ago
Quoted from whitey:

The translite is crazy heavy ? I will say the translite looks like a backglass! No waves or wrinkles . My B/W games as cpr
Makes mirrored glasses I replace them all

IDK how they did it but it isn't designed like anything any other manufacturer, or modder for that matter, has ever done. Heavy, even lighting, high resolution.

#211 54 days ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

Unfortunately the only I've ever seen on location never worked, but always wanted to play it.
Funny thing is today a friend for business reasons offered to introduce me to "The Dude" Lebowski was inspired by.
Anyone ever been to the Lebowski shop here in NYC? (if it's still there). Fun place.

There was one on location here in SF but the owner pulled it out. It was badly beaten up though, so I can understand why he did so.

#212 54 days ago

My game arrives tomorrow at midnight!

I will be streaming it live next Saturday and Sunday. Check out my stream on twitch, DeathSaveArcade. Full 1080p 60fps

This weekend is JP pro and Wonka LE
Www.twitch.tv/DeathSaveArcade

#213 54 days ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Wtf is this. This looks completely differnt[quoted image]

Does anyone else think it is crazy that this machine has two power supplies adding up to 1050 Watts? It can't be using anywhere near that.

I'm only a lebowski lurker, and can only dream of owning one, but I would highly recommend that someone captures the BIOS settings of that ITX motherboard and create an image of that solid state drive. Years from now it's going to be a challenge replacing that motherboard or SSD if they ever die. Has anyone checked what operating system this machine is booting?

#214 54 days ago
Quoted from okgrak:

Does anyone else think it is crazy that this machine has two power supplies adding up to 1050 Watts? It can't be using anywhere near that.
I'm only a lebowski lurker, and can only dream of owning one, but I would highly recommend that someone captures the BIOS settings of that ITX motherboard and create an image of that solid state drive. Years from now it's going to be a challenge replacing that motherboard or SSD if they ever die. Has anyone checked what operating system this machine is booting?

How would one go about doing that?

#215 54 days ago

okgrak I'm relatively certain it's Linux, CentOS perhaps? My memory is rusty.

vividpsychosis lots of disk cloning tools, CloneZilla is the one we used to duplicate Alien disk. Easy way to do it is pull the SSD and connect to another computer to make the image with. I may be able to do it in the next couple months with a local TBL if the owner is OK with it.

#216 54 days ago
Quoted from mavantix:

okgrak I'm relatively certain it's Linux, CentOS perhaps? My memory is rusty.
vividpsychosis lots of disk cloning tools, CloneZilla is the one we used to duplicate Alien disk. Easy way to do it is pull the SSD and connect to another computer to make the image with. I may be able to do it in the next couple months with a local TBL if the owner is OK with it.

I’m in Richmond. I’d be okay with it. Could use my gaming pc to do it and we can play some games too while you are here.... wonka, TBL, tftc, Jp pro

#217 54 days ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

How would one go about doing that?

You would boot another Linux pc and clone this ssd to another disk, making sure to do a full clone including all partitions and boot sector.

More importantly if I were a lewbowski owner, I would buy another itx motherboard of the same generation of intel atom SOC (J1900) to put in storage. The problem is going to be 5 to 10 years from now when this board dies or has issues, you’re going to need to replace it with something that is compatible with the Linux kernel used by Dutch pinball for the system OS. It’s possible you could replace the kernel with a version with newer hardware support, but that would certainly be more risky. Right now there is a replacement board on eBay that is an exact match, but it’s basically becoming unobtanium already. Just food for though for those who are thinking long term. Considering you can get one of these boards for less than $100 right now, it seems likely a worthwhile insurance policy. Of course if Dutch pinball sticks around and provides support then this issue might be moot.....

Edit: pretty sure this is only board available anywhere:

ebay.com link » Asrock Q1900 Itx Intel Celeron Quad Core J1900 Mini Itx Motherboard Hdmi Usb3

#218 54 days ago
Quoted from okgrak:

You would boot another Linux pc and clone this ssd to another disk, making sure to do a full clone including all partitions and boot sector.
More importantly if I were a lewbowski owner, I would buy another itx motherboard of the same generation of intel atom SOC (J1900) to put in storage. The problem is going to be 5 to 10 years from now when this board dies or has issues, you’re going to need to replace it with something that is compatible with the Linux kernel used by Dutch pinball for the system OS. It’s possible you could replace the kernel with a version with newer hardware support, but that would certainly be more risky. Right now there is a replacement board on eBay that is an exact match, but it’s basically becoming unobtanium already. Just food for though for those who are thinking long term. Considering you can get one of these boards for less than $100 right now, it seems likely a worthwhile insurance policy. Of course if Dutch pinball sticks around and provides support then this issue might be moot.....
Edit: pretty sure this is only board available anywhere:
ebay.com link » Asrock Q1900 Itx Intel Celeron Quad Core J1900 Mini Itx Motherboard Hdmi Usb3

If you search (which I have) you can find them no problem.

#219 54 days ago

Is TBL the first pinball ARA built ?

#220 54 days ago
Quoted from whitey:

Is TBL the first pinball ARA built ?

Yes. They had never done anything like this.

#221 54 days ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

If you search (which I have) you can find them no problem.

Are you sure? The one I eBay sold already since I posted it, and I can’t find it anywhere, at least not the ITX version.

#222 54 days ago
Quoted from okgrak:

Get this so you don’t need software to clone:

Inateck SATA Hard Drive Docking Station, USB 3.0 SSD Docking Station, Dual Bay, FD2005 amazon.com link »

#223 54 days ago
Quoted from okgrak:

Are you sure? The one I eBay sold already since I posted it, and I can’t find it anywhere, at least not the ITX version.

There's a bunch on Ali Express, and I agree with the above, it's probably best to gather some spare parts for this game.

#224 54 days ago
Quoted from adol75:

There's a bunch on Ali Express, and I agree with the above, it's probably best to gather some spare parts for this game.

Yeah this is a board that has already been out of production for two years. Seems like a smart insurance policy to get another one for less than $100.

#225 53 days ago
Quoted from adol75:

Could you link me to the correct one? I’m not familiar with all of this stuff.

#226 53 days ago

Could you link me to the correct one? I’m not familiar with all of this stuff.

Can you check what's the video port used on the motherboard is it HDMI or DVI

In the first picture below, DVI on the left, HDMI on the right

Also check if there is any card plugged in the mini pci-e port, second picture below shows the empty port on the board

And check how many ram slots are used (there's 2 slots black with a white plastic piece on each end)

Video port (resized).PNGmini pci e (resized).PNG
#227 53 days ago
Quoted from adol75:

Can you check what's the video port used on the motherboard is it HDMI or DVI
In the first picture below, DVI on the left, HDMI on the right
Also check if there is any card plugged in the mini pci-e port, second picture below shows the empty port on the board
And check how many ram slots are used (there's 2 slots black with a white plastic piece on each end)[quoted image][quoted image]

From the photos posted earlier, they used the vga port for video, two usb outputs, and both ram slots. Nothing in the pcie or m.2 slot.

#228 53 days ago
Quoted from okgrak:

From the photos posted earlier, they used the vga port for video, two usb outputs, and both ram slots. Nothing in the pcie or m.2 slot.

Ok then this one should work.
amazon.com link »

#229 53 days ago
Quoted from adol75:

amazon.com link »

Thank you. That one will work with Linux or whatever?

#230 53 days ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Yes. They had never done anything like this.

Well hats off to those guys ! Games beautiful

#231 53 days ago

Thank you. That one will work with Linux or whatever?

From what I read in the q&a yes.

#232 53 days ago
Quoted from adol75:

amazon.com link »

Looks different than the one posted from the freshly unboxed TBL above

88D2F172-3D92-4504-B859-50D9DD96B0A0 (resized).jpeg
#233 53 days ago

extra printer port (pink), diff layout, no memory. Don't see why it wouldn't work though. (edit: if you get the memory)

#234 53 days ago

How much memory does it need? Of course, the memory from the original unit should switch over easily.

#235 53 days ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Looks different than the one posted from the freshly unboxed TBL above[quoted image]

Its the B version of the same motherboard differences with the tbl are
- Printer port (doesnt matter)
- No DVI and no pci-e ( Why I asked above about the video port and if cards were plugged)

Other than that they are the same.

#236 53 days ago

Maybe somebody can pop the back of their TBL and see exactly what’s plugged in to the MB. It would be nice to get an original W1900 MB or the Q1900B if it has the right ports.

#237 53 days ago

I’m in Richmond. I’d be okay with it. Could use my gaming pc to do it and we can play some games too while you are here.... wonka, TBL, tftc, Jp pro

Great stream of the unboxing! I pulled some clips. Great to see it made it and looking forward to see the next play stream

#238 53 days ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Great stream of the unboxing! I pulled some clips. Great to see it made it and looking forward to see the next play stream

Thank you! Game looks fantastic. I possibly have 2 issues. 1. Whenever I hit the left orbit, and it comes around and down from the Maude trident area and always goes sdtm. So basically left orbit is always a drain. Can someone please tell me where it is suppose to go when hit at full speed? Perhaps a video of your game doing it?

2. The car mech. When the car comes out and goes in. It’s not smooth. It’s like jittery? For lack of a better term. Like notchy? Is that normal? How does the car come out and go back in for you?

#239 53 days ago

Also just got bowling and the holder for the ball (aimer) goes back and forth smooth but when it gets all the way to the right it stutters back and forth and then returns to normal. Then repeat. Normal? Or is there an adjustment?

#240 53 days ago

Also just got bowling and the holder for the ball (aimer) goes back and forth smooth but when it gets all the way to the right it stutters back and forth and then returns to normal. Then repeat. Normal? Or is there an adjustment?

That’s a known issue...
You have to remove the orange piece and super glue it on...the play in the plastic is what is messing it up.

#241 53 days ago

I think I got a special edition version of the game.... never seen this before. The Big Jurassic Lebowski?

188649E2-0DF7-4D8B-9DD2-DC4FEBCADAAC (resized).png
#242 53 days ago

Thank you! Game looks fantastic. I possibly have 2 issues. 1. Whenever I hit the left orbit, and it comes around and down from the Maude trident area and always goes sdtm. So basically left orbit is always a drain. Can someone please tell me where it is suppose to go when hit at full speed? Perhaps a video of your game doing it?
2. The car mech. When the car comes out and goes in. It’s not smooth. It’s like jittery? For lack of a better term. Like notchy? Is that normal? How does the car come out and go back in for you?

I had the same issue with left orbit shots going SDTM on return. Barry had me bend the ball guide to the left a bit so that it returned to the top of the left flipper, but be careful - I ended up with a tiny bit of playfield damage making the adjustment.

Re the car, check out some videos of the game on YouTube to compare. I uploaded a couple not long after getting the game and there is also the Bowen PAPA tutorial.

Pdxmonkey has the right answer for you there. I had to do the same. Check out this post for instructions:

http://www.dutchpinball.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=150

#243 53 days ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

I had the same issue with left orbit shots going SDTM on return. Barry had me bend the ball guide to the left a bit so that it returned to the top of the left flipper, but be careful - I ended up with a tiny bit of playfield damage making the adjustment.
Re the car, check out some videos of the game on YouTube to compare. I uploaded a couple not long after getting the game and there is also the Bowen PAPA tutorial.

Pdxmonkey has the right answer for you there. I had to do the same. Check out this post for instructions:
http://www.dutchpinball.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=150

Haha, I just read your reply, I actually went ahead and did the same fix for the orbit shot. I also made the same mistake during the process but it’s all good now the edge does stick out further than I’d like but it’s not really an issue.

#244 53 days ago
1BF3219F-33B7-4F49-AD9A-36B8FA7E8568 (resized).jpeg374521F6-A732-436F-A1A3-0B14E466CD2E (resized).jpeg4009E946-2BC9-49C1-B237-5D37A8A36D1E (resized).jpeg42A73C54-8252-4D21-BBE8-C662C2021894 (resized).jpeg5F39CFAB-A4C5-4A4C-8606-139B70C82A21 (resized).jpeg
#245 53 days ago

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

SIGH

When will you be streaming?

#246 53 days ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

SIGH
When will you be streaming?

Yup! Days coming soon. But not till Atleast Friday. Then likely all weekend, different times sat, Sunday and also Monday.

This weekend is JP pro, which I am finding to be an incredibly difficult game to find the shots on the right of the pf

#247 53 days ago

Yup! Days coming soon. But not till Atleast Friday. Then likely all weekend, different times sat, Sunday and also Monday.
This weekend is JP pro, which I am finding to be an incredibly difficult game to find the shots on the right of the pf

Yeah, I would be spending some unbothered days alone playing with technology turned off. Enjoy it and try not to piss on that rug

#248 53 days ago

Anyone else that just got a game, have their car mech come out all shaky like? Not smooth? Anyone know a fix for this? Do I need to oil or lube a gear or something?

#249 53 days ago

Anyone else that just got a game, have their car mech come out all shaky like? Not smooth? Anyone know a fix for this? Do I need to oil or lube a gear or something?

mine shakes as well.. i tried adjusting stuff (stepper mount has some room to raise/lower car if i recall), never really got it smooth as butter. I've just left it alone / it's still working years later. If you find a solution, please let me know. if there was a way to adjust the microstepping on the motor itself i bet it could be fixed that way but i haven't digged into it / didn't bother me THAT much

#250 53 days ago

Mine too. Best to leave it since it doesn't affect gameplay.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 3.70
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 21.00
$ 10.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 64.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 34.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 19.95
$ 42.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
There are 491 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 10.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside