IMG_20240423_132359275 (resized).jpg
IMG_5894 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5893 (resized).jpeg
735513270 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,311 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 147.
#2301 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Too excited when mine finally arrives....copper or brass best? Is all the armor standard B/W?
Thinking of buying and plating a set ahead of time...
A "must do" as I've seen pics of some beauties here....

I like the chrome it comes with although I am not fond of the way the lock down bar Fits, it’s a little bit wide not sure why.

#2302 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I like the chrome it comes with although I am not fond of the way the lock down bar Fits, it’s a little bit wide not sure why.

Chrome would look great too. I just need it in my gameroom !!!

#2303 2 years ago

Chrome's a good look too. The copper constantly gets finger-printed, hence the rag in the cup

TBL 1 (resized).jpgTBL 1 (resized).jpg
#2304 2 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Chrome's a good look too. The copper constantly gets finger-printed, hence the rag in the cup
[quoted image]

Looks bad ass, nice job

#2305 2 years ago

For those interested, Chris Royalty did the plating.

All the cool mods were from CPR9999. IMO the doobie mod is one of the greatest in pinball.

#2306 2 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

[quoted image]

Gorgeous!!

#2307 2 years ago

Future topper or gameroom item for some TBL owners? "The Dude" 1/6 scale figure to be available from Sideshow soon:

https://nerdist.com/article/the-big-lebowski-dude-scale-figure/

Dude Figure (resized).jpgDude Figure (resized).jpg

#2308 2 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Do not use heat on the side-rails. Use a thin, flat, wide PLASTIC scrapper. Its about a 3 minute job.

Yes, using the wide plastic scraper was the ticket and I got siderails easily off.

Also I got easily the tape residue off from the old siderails with goo gone. I soaked some paper towels in it and let it have its effect on the siderails for ca. 10 minutes and after that the tape residue was easy to remove.

Now to the difficult part: how to remove the tape residue from the cabinet? If I put goo gone there e.g. with help of paper towels, it might actually remove the glue from the cabinet decals itself as well I think. Also after applying goo gone, I do not know would the new tape stick there anymore... Goo gone makes the surface so oily.

Any tips?

#2309 2 years ago

I did not try to remove the residue from the cabinet. Same concern, did not want to damage/delaminate the decals.

That said, the old double-sided tape was mostly attached on the rails -- not the cabinet. As I had hoped. If you are using different side rails, then they are not an issue. I put new double-sided tape over the residue on the cab and did not have a problem. It would be a lot easier if the side rails were like Sterns -- four screws instead of tape. But the tape holds them in place, along with the screws near the flippers and the very tiny screws near the head.

#2310 2 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

For those interested, Chris Royalty did the plating.
All the cool mods were from CPR9999. IMO the doobie mod is one of the greatest in pinball.

That copper look is just so perfect! Also agree with the doobie mod. Plus the new stuff he's still working on looks equally cool, if not even duder than the doob! For those unaware, keep your eyes on his classified ad. One of the best things he just recently brought to the table is a harness to hook up multiple mods safely (posted earlier in this thread). Especially if you're already using the ribbon connector for a lit apron and need a different way to hook 'em up. I should be receiving mine next week.

#2311 2 years ago

Thanks for the excellent tips! I used the scraper below and removed the tape residue with Goo Gone. More Goo Gone on the inside on the old rails, only a little bit for the cabinet's tape residue. Actually I put some hand paper to cover the top of the cabinet only where the tape residue is and soaked it a bit with Goo Gone and let it be there for like 10-15 mins. But I needed a lot more elbow grease to remove the tape residue on the cabinet though.

IMG_0811 (resized).jpgIMG_0811 (resized).jpgIMG_0813 (resized).jpgIMG_0813 (resized).jpgIMG_0814 (resized).jpgIMG_0814 (resized).jpg
#2312 2 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Thanks for the excellent tips! I used the scraper below and removed the tape residue with Goo Gone. More Goo Gone on the inside on the old rails, only a little bit for the cabinet's tape residue. Actually I put some hand paper to cover the top of the cabinet only where the tape residue is and soaked it a bit with Goo Gone and let it be there for like 10-15 mins. But I needed a lot more elbow grease to remove the tape residue on the cabinet though.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the picture.

#2313 2 years ago

All of a sudden a new issue came to life: GI flickering, flashers constant on, playfield lamps confused…. turned the game off
Any ideas???

#2314 2 years ago
Quoted from DrBernd:

All of a sudden a new issue came to life: GI flickering, flashers constant on, playfield lamps confused…. turned the game off
Any ideas???

Sounds like a confused Pdled. There are two of those controlling the GI inserts etc.

One is called pdled0 and the other one pdled1. They are daisy chained eg if a data line is corrupted due to no contact to pdled0 also pdled1 will be influenced. Best start is to make sure the pdled boards are properly seated on their piggy back connectors. Push on them to assure this. Are there screws in place which secure the boards to the piggy back.

Prior to pushing the boards touch a grounded spot first to get rid of any built up ESD.

Let me know how you get along.

Oh, and what is your serialnumber ?

#2315 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Sounds like a confused Pdled. There are two of those controlling the GI inserts etc.
One is called pdled0 and the other one pdled1. They are daisy chained eg if a data line is corrupted due to no contact to pdled0 also pdled1 will be influenced. Best start is to make sure the pdled boards are properly seated on their piggy back connectors. Push on them to assure this. Are there screws in place which secure the boards to the piggy back.
Prior to pushing the boards touch a grounded spot first to get rid of any built up ESD.
Let me know how you get along.
Oh, and what is your serialnumber ?

Hi, thanks for quick reply. I will try…
My TBL is #507.

#2316 2 years ago
Quoted from DrBernd:

Hi, thanks for quick reply. I will try…
My TBL is #507.

You are welcome. Pls also post problems issues etc in the future in the maintenance thread

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-lotta-ins-a-lotta-outs-tbl-maintenance-thread/page/14#post-6360227

Thanks.

#2317 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

You are welcome. Pls also post problems issues etc in the future in the maintenance thread
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-lotta-ins-a-lotta-outs-tbl-maintenance-thread/page/14#post-6360227
Thanks.

Ok. Is there any description of where all the parts, boards etc. are located? Did not find any information in manual, operation instructions etc….

#2318 2 years ago
Quoted from DrBernd:

Ok. Is there any description of where all the parts, boards etc. are located? Did not find any information in manual, operation instructions etc….

All documentation I have and made can be found at

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9x448ip0ib4shvq/AAACf-gf-VRBhe9f69kmL8wAa?dl=0

In regard to location of the pdled boards, they are piggy backed to the big pcb below playfield and are labeled. You can’t miss them, no worries.

#2319 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

All documentation I have and made can be found at
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9x448ip0ib4shvq/AAACf-gf-VRBhe9f69kmL8wAa?dl=0
In regard to location of the pdled boards, they are piggy backed to the big pcb below playfield and are labeled. You can’t miss them, no worries.

Thanks again. I have all your documents added to my dropbox already (well done!)
Will there be a parts list being added in the future?

#2320 2 years ago
Quoted from DrBernd:

Thanks again. I have all your documents added to my dropbox already
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"3fc24fc87583660281f54cf757a16a87fc81a4cb-1625398324-1800"};
//]]>

(well done!)
Will there be a parts list being added in the future?

This is on my wishlist as well but don’t think this will happen soon, sorry

Getting TBLs out the door is just prio 1 and you can’t imagine how much time it’s costing nowadays to get parts in, on time and in the right quality without paying a fortune

So frustrating to have finally financing in place, personal trained and hired, bigger building rented so let’s role and than the supply chain is failing …

#2321 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

This is on my wishlist as well but don’t think this will happen soon, sorry
Getting TBLs out the door is just prio 1 and you can’t imagine how much time it’s costing nowadays to get parts in, on time and in the right quality without paying a fortune
So frustrating to have finally financing in place, personal trained and hired, bigger building rented so let’s role and than the supply chain is failing …

Problem solved (pdled-boards pressed a little back into the connectors and tightened the screws)…
Thank you very much for your great support, Rens!

And for DP all the best for the future!

#2322 2 years ago

Sorry to ask this stupid question here. I am on a list to get TBL in December or January but I can trade a spot in line with a friend and get it in October. How is the code at the moment? Is the game playable to get somewhere in the game? I apologize in advance if I don't make much sense. How often do you guys see an update? Any reply is greatly appreciated. TBL is also a dream theme for me.

#2323 2 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

Sorry to ask this stupid question here. I am on a list to get TBL in December or January but I can trade a spot in line with a friend and get it in October. How is the code at the moment? Is the game playable to get somewhere in the game? I apologize in advance if I don't make much sense. How often do you guys see an update? Any reply is greatly appreciated. TBL is also a dream theme for me.

Yes, code is up to par and better as many many many BW games. It’s not Lyman sheath depth or Lotr Keith depth but surely playable and more important: enjoyable. Also, if updates come out, and they will, your October tbl can be updated ofcourse.

So, grab it early I would say.

#2324 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Yes, code is up to par and better as many many many BW games. It’s not Lyman sheath depth or Lotr Keith depth but surely playable and more important: enjoyable. Also, if updates come out, and they will, your October tbl can be updated ofcourse.
So, grab it early I would say.

Thank you Rensh. These months are gonna feel extra long.

#2325 2 years ago

Putting some games on TBL, and noticed ball gauges & scratches.. changed balls and after a few plays same thing.

I know there was talk of balls becoming scratched. Did anyone pinpoint what the cause was? I think it may be the scoop hole protector so have ordered a Cliffy

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2326 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Putting some games on TBL, and noticed ball gauges & scratches.. changed balls and after a few plays same thing.
I know there was talk of balls becoming scratched. Did anyone pinpoint what the cause was? I think it may be the scoop hole protector so have ordered a Cliffy

Have a look under the playfield and you will see a big metall ballway. There are sharp edges on. Can be "polstered" with mylar or PETG (if you are able to weld it).

#2327 2 years ago

Is there any way to turn off the switch errors for the coin door controls? It's stupid that they show up as errors because they havn't been used after 20 games. Coin door switches should not count.

#2328 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Is there any way to turn off the switch errors for the coin door controls? It's stupid that they show up as errors because they havn't been used after 20 games. Coin door switches should not count.

Sorry, no way to adjust it (yet at least). But programmer is aware and is on his agenda for next release (no timeline set yet)

#2329 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

The design of the game - primarily the use of the rough bent sheet metal subway and the exposed edges of ball guides do lead to ball damage really quickly. I feel like the game would just feel smoother and sound less clunky while playing if even the subway was replicated with vacuum formed plastic like most other games subways. The less metal on metal contact, the better.

#2330 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Sorry, no way to adjust it (yet at least). But programmer is aware and is on his agenda for next release (no timeline set yet)

awesome TY. Can they also put an adjustment in there for Adjusting the brightness of the backglass. That would be great too.

#2331 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

awesome TY. Can they also put an adjustment in there for Adjusting the brightness of the backglass. That would be great too.

Back glass gets his power direct from the 12V of the power supply. Don’t think this os controllable at all. You would need than to put a voltage regulator yourself to manually regulate the power feed to the translite.

Do you find it to bright? Is something personal ofcourse but never had this question befor. But do also have invisiglass myself so glare is already reduced by that.

#2332 2 years ago

yes, it's pretty bright. I set all my sterns to 10% brightness when playing. Even with invisiglass it has more glare than I like.

#2333 2 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Future topper or gameroom item for some TBL owners? "The Dude" 1/6 scale figure to be available from Sideshow soon:
https://nerdist.com/article/the-big-lebowski-dude-scale-figure/
[quoted image]

Released today and I had to order one. Thanks for posting. Even if it doesn’t go well with the machine, I will find a place for this dude!

#2334 2 years ago

Just a heads up. The Dude is now available for Pre Order. I just ordered mine.

the-dude_the-big-lebowski_gallery_60e63382e0c64 (resized).jpgthe-dude_the-big-lebowski_gallery_60e63382e0c64 (resized).jpgthe-dude_the-big-lebowski_gallery_60e633834570d (resized).jpgthe-dude_the-big-lebowski_gallery_60e633834570d (resized).jpgthe-dude_the-big-lebowski_gallery_60e633415c858 (resized).jpgthe-dude_the-big-lebowski_gallery_60e633415c858 (resized).jpgthe-dude_the-big-lebowski_gallery_60e633410c284 (resized).jpgthe-dude_the-big-lebowski_gallery_60e633410c284 (resized).jpgthe-dude_the-big-lebowski_gallery_60e633430a53f (resized).jpgthe-dude_the-big-lebowski_gallery_60e633430a53f (resized).jpgthe-dude_the-big-lebowski_gallery_60e63343584dd (resized).jpgthe-dude_the-big-lebowski_gallery_60e63343584dd (resized).jpgthe-dude_the-big-lebowski_gallery_60e633839f8ee (resized).jpgthe-dude_the-big-lebowski_gallery_60e633839f8ee (resized).jpg
#2335 2 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I snagged a pre-order as well. The detail looks awesome. Too bad the rug stand is missing a piss stain though!

#2336 2 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

I snagged a pre-order as well. The detail looks awesome. Too bad the rug stand is missing a piss stain though!

Collector’s or Exclusive? I couldn’t tell the difference

#2337 2 years ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

The Exclusive comes with a hand with a joint.

#2338 2 years ago

The wait on this is as bad as getting a pinball machine, May 2022!

#2339 2 years ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

Quoted from tk375:

The Exclusive comes with a hand with a joint.

Noma2017 Is correct. AFAIK The only difference b/t the "Collectors Edition" and the "Exclusive" is that with the "Exclusive" you get an extra hand that's holding a doobie. It took me a few looks at the different item descriptions to tell. Same price ironically but fortunately! Now just to wait until May-summer 2022 to know for sure!

#2340 2 years ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

Released today and I had to order one. Thanks for posting. Even if it doesn’t go well with the machine, I will find a place for this dude!

You're welcome Dude.

Quoted from tk375:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You too man - far out!

#2341 2 years ago

I ordered the Exclusive Dude, aka His Dudeness, Duder, El Duderino.

#2342 2 years ago

Are the order banks still open to purchase a new TBL? If so, where could one get on a list, and what is the current pricing (deposit and total)?

#2343 2 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Are the order banks still open to purchase a new TBL? If so, where could one get on a list, and what is the current pricing (deposit and total)?

You need to order through CoinTaker (US) or Nitro Pinball (Canada) in North America.

Current price is $12,500 plus shipping and tax (as applicable). You may find this thread informational:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club

#2344 2 years ago

You need to order through CoinTaker (US) or Nitro Pinball (Canada) in North America.
Current price is $12,500 plus shipping and tax (as applicable). You may find this thread informational:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club

Was shipping not included at usd 12500??

In any case this is for CT to answer.

#2345 2 years ago

shipping is included to your door for the 12500

#2346 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Was shipping not included at usd 12500??
In any case this is for CT to answer.

Oops - was thinking it was extra like it was for me as an EA. (need more coffee)

Such a deal then - might as well buy two!

#2347 2 years ago

Thx all you fine folks for the info.

I’ve been wanting one for a very long time, being probably my #1 movie, and seeing that any of my “dream themes” are nowhere close to being on the horizon, fuck it dude, let’s roll!

#2348 2 years ago

was thinking it was extra like it was for me as an EA

I didnt realize EA games were being charged shipping...I thought that was included when we originally ordered the game 6 years ago...how much will I need to pony up for shipping?

Thanks
Ed (EA70)

#2349 2 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

I didnt realize EA games were being charged shipping...I thought that was included when we originally ordered the game 6 years ago...how much will I need to pony up for shipping?
Thanks
Ed (EA70)

Original (lower) TBL price paid by EA's did not include shipping. I paid CoinTaker $750 for shipping my game last Oct. That covered both DHL air freight to US and truck freight from PA to Seattle.

#2350 2 years ago

Postoffice dropped this off today. Can't wait to get thie Early Achiever apron installed.

16258563520895045943963407118611 (resized).jpg16258563520895045943963407118611 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 22.50
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 7,311 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 147.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/47?hl=dkjimbo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.