FE5875DF-3A58-41A5-8AA4-CE861E460F91 (resized).jpeg
542B141D-3FA2-4C94-8BFD-71AD18D658C2 (resized).jpeg
54F6AE7F-C828-4DE5-89E8-847C051681D7 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7069 (resized).png
IMG_2193 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240315_104555_Gallery (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240314_182255_Gallery (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,138 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 143.
#2151 2 years ago

This worked flawlessly thanks everyone again! I’d be screwed without Pinside knowledge. Huge resource!

#2152 2 years ago
Quoted from Eagle14:

Does anyone know if it is possible to add light up flipper buttons? Specifically if any of the brite-button versions would work?

I think someone mentioned you can and to plug into coindoor for power.

On another side I have parts now to make power harness cable for mods that can be used. Should have them read next weekend.

#2153 2 years ago

Hello, I’m new to the club as of yesterday.

Quick question regarding pitch. With the back legs maxed and the front legs at the minimum, I’m only able to get 6.5 degrees on the playfield. Does that sound right? It plays well at that pitch, but I usually go closer to 6.8-7 degrees. Is the solution to just get a set of longer leg leveler bolts? At what point do you need to start worrying about the bolts bending?

Or is there an adjustment to the playfield support to be made?

Thanks!

9ECF9392-CB63-45C9-87FA-C670772FC253 (resized).jpeg9ECF9392-CB63-45C9-87FA-C670772FC253 (resized).jpeg
#2154 2 years ago

6.5 degrees is recommended pitch.

I installed a 6.5 degrees level bulb and it’s spot on.

35988DB5-C2FE-41DC-A402-DB41EE23CA76 (resized).jpeg35988DB5-C2FE-41DC-A402-DB41EE23CA76 (resized).jpeg
#2155 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

6.5 degrees is recommended pitch.

Ah, good to know. Thank you.

#2156 2 years ago

[migrated post]

#2157 2 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

I mentioned this a couple of weeks ago, but I'm not sure why my car door just started to manually swing open by itself.
Door closes OK after ball drains, but then it creeps back open, especially when I go for Bowling skill shot, as it blocks the entrance to the subway. Game is level and pitch is 6.5.
Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. I've never been able to get this game 100%, so hoping one day it can be fully enjoyed. I finally got my subway working and then this started happening.
[quoted image]

This belongs in the maintenance thread but it’s interesting.

That it closes after ball drains I can explain as door position is checked very time at start of a new ball. but why is it opening slowly? It is gravity? If so, I would expect it also to open slowly when pin is turned off. Or do you have the feeling vibrations are causing it to go open? To check if vibrations are causing it you could try to disable the car in the menu or perhaps even better, remove the plug of the stepper motor on the pcb. Than you know it’s not the stepper motor itself moving.

Try this and we take it from there but pls move this thread to the maintenance thread. Thanks.

#2158 2 years ago

Just finished the 80" Power Adapter for underneath the playfield.
Note, my current & future powered mods will plug into this adapter.

Also, I am selling pigtails for converting other manufacturers mods.
Especially important if you are / were using the middle mod connector.
(That connector does not have enough power and you could blow up a board).

Listed in my TBL ad.

-cpr9999

Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple) - “I am selling a number of mods for TBL. 1. Doobie (Joint) Mod: $45 2. Decal stickers: $45 3. Left ramp clip: $15 (this one is a must install in my experience) 4. Spare back...”
2022-08-18
Saukville, WI
Archived after: 67 days
Viewed: 13195 times

adapter (resized).jpgadapter (resized).jpg

#2159 2 years ago

Just finished my first version of a Support manual in which I gathered all FAQ's I made and some made by DP

It can be seen and downloaded at https://www.dropbox.com/s/tpyc5ww2te7rxz7/Technical%20support%20TBL%20FAQ%20manual.pdf?dl=0

If new releases come it will be at the same download link

Hopes this helps all users to keep their TBL up and running as smoothly as possible

#2160 2 years ago

Hartelijk bedankt Rens!

#2161 2 years ago
Quoted from Jack8765:

Hello, I’m new to the club as of yesterday.
Quick question regarding pitch. With the back legs maxed and the front legs at the minimum, I’m only able to get 6.5 degrees on the playfield. Does that sound right? It plays well at that pitch, but I usually go closer to 6.8-7 degrees. Is the solution to just get a set of longer leg leveler bolts? At what point do you need to start worrying about the bolts bending?
Or is there an adjustment to the playfield support to be made?
Thanks!
[quoted image]

Congrats. Let me know how you like TBL vs GNR. With all the playfield issues going on with GNR considering moving over to TBL instead.

#2162 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Congrats. Let me know how you like TBL vs GNR. With all the playfield issues going on with GNR considering moving over to TBL instead.

Thanks. They’re just different. GNR is an immersive light and sound multiball festival. TBL feels more like a modern Bally with incredible theme integration. Best to just get them both.

#2163 2 years ago
Quoted from Jack8765:

Thanks. They’re just different. GNR is an immersive light and sound multiball festival. TBL feels more like a modern Bally with incredible theme integration. Best to just get them both.

I agree, I have both games.

2F9BDC9C-9D80-4082-8CE1-529D7CD761F5 (resized).jpeg2F9BDC9C-9D80-4082-8CE1-529D7CD761F5 (resized).jpegC3C3AED2-8C27-45FA-8BAE-25B07ADDA6B7 (resized).jpegC3C3AED2-8C27-45FA-8BAE-25B07ADDA6B7 (resized).jpeg
#2164 2 years ago
Quoted from PinheadEDM:

I agree, I have both games. [quoted image][quoted image]

I agree wholeheartedly! Get them both I also am in this camp.

#2165 2 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

I agree wholeheartedly! Get them both I also am in this camp.

Great minds...

#2166 2 years ago

I have both as well - they are entirety different and scratch totally different itches for me. I’ve been playing a lot more GNR lately but only because it’s newer to me. TBL (and frankly everything else that’s NOT GNR) is feeling very “traditional” these days. GNR is just another level across the board.

#2167 2 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

I have both as well - they are entirety different and scratch totally different itches for me. I’ve been playing a lot more GNR lately but only because it’s newer to me. TBL (and frankly everything else that’s NOT GNR) is feeling very “traditional” these days. GNR is just another level across the board.

I had GNR LE delivered a few weeks ago and now I am getting CE. For me, it’s the best of the JJP games I have played (WOZ, Wonka and Dialed In). I also have a TBL on the way. When I first joined pinside in 2017, it was to learn about this pin because I am a Lebowski fanatic and felt there couldn’t be a better theme!

#2168 2 years ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

I had GNR LE delivered a few weeks ago and now I am getting CE. For me, it’s the best of the JJP games I have played (WOZ, Wonka and Dialed In). I also have a TBL on the way. When I first joined pinside in 2017, it was to learn about this pin because I am a Lebowski fanatic and felt there couldn’t be a better theme!

You will love the TBL theme integration

#2169 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

You will love the TBL theme integration

I JUST CAN’T WAIT!!!!!

#2170 2 years ago

I’m huge into pinball and think TBL will be better for me. GnR is more of a visual masterpiece, but I feel it’s less of a players game than TBL.

I’m started to dislike these games that last 30-40 minutes. I had a 250 million ball one on Avengers last week and I just drained it and plunged the rest. It’s not a challenge, it’s a grind. From what I gather, GnR is similar, TBL is not.

I hope that’s right, anyway.

#2171 2 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

I’m huge into pinball and think TBL will be better for me. GnR is more of a visual masterpiece, but I feel it’s less of a players game than TBL.
I’m started to dislike these games that last 30-40 minutes. I had a 250 million ball one on Avengers last week and I just drained it and plunged the rest. It’s not a challenge, it’s a grind. From what I gather, GnR is similar, TBL is not.

Wow. If you can dominate Avengers like that, TBL will not be a challenge.

#2172 2 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

I just started with a bunch of JJP machines. I do really like Wonka (but the wife says we only have room for three and will have to ultimately decide between TBL and Wonka), Dialed In shot incredibly but family couldn’t get past theme. WOZ is actually really great but very difficult. I am getting Pirates so we’ll see. GNR for me is completely different but I can see how it may not be fast and furious enough for the expert player especially the LE and CE. I do think if you can only choose one, it would make sense to play both!

#2173 2 years ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

I just started with a bunch of JJP machines. I do really like Wonka (but the wife says we only have room for three and will have to ultimately decide between TBL and Wonka), Dialed In shot incredibly but family couldn’t get past theme. WOZ is actually really great but very difficult. I am getting Pirates so we’ll see. GNR for me is completely different but I can see how it may not be fast and furious enough for the expert player especially the LE and CE. I do think if you can only choose one, it would make sense to play both!

Letmethinkaboutit2seconds:LebowskiandnotWonka.

#2174 2 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

I hear it plays like Williams/Bally 90s games. I love AFM and MM. I don’t mind easy games, it’s the grind that I hate. If you have to grind you way to points, it’s not fun for me.

#2175 2 years ago

I hear it plays like Williams/Bally 90s games. I love AFM and MM. I don’t mind easy games, it’s the grind that I hate. If you have to grind you way to points, it’s not fun for me.

An upper playfield, with its own toy, and 4 unique shots. And a carnival style lower playfield game.

TBL is one of a kind.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2176 2 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Letmethinkaboutit2seconds:LebowskiandnotWonka.

I would be shocked if that isn't my decision! So happy to be joining the club.

#2177 2 years ago

I hope to get a chance to play this game in person some day, looks like a blast.

#2178 2 years ago

Super excited to get in this club!!! Maybe shows before Christmas..

#2179 2 years ago

I played a GnR SE the other day. Didn't know what I was doing but had one multi ball last so long, I couldn't wait for it to be over with.

#2180 2 years ago

I'm a huge code guy, love my wizard modes!

My concern and hesitancy about getting a TBL, is that although the code is apparently fun, it's not complete.

For what I understand, the objectives to getting to a wizard mode (which I don't believe exists yet) are also almost impossible.

Is that accurate?

#2181 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I played a GnR SE the other day. Didn't know what I was doing but had one multi ball last so long, I couldn't wait for it to be over with.

There is a whole strategy to collecting patches and locking balls for multiball to max your score which I find challenging and fun. I agree that the multiball time can be overwhelming but I do enjoy trying to make the shots and completing the song while the multiball is going. I think they also spot you a song for your third ball and I usually don’t run a song (multiball) unless I have the right patches and many balls locked.

For me it’s incredibly fun with insane lights and great music integration. I should also say while not a mega fan, I like their music.

#2182 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

My concern and hesitancy about getting a TBL, is that although the code is apparently fun, it's not complete.
For what I understand, the objectives to getting to a wizard mode (which I don't believe exists yet) are also almost impossible.
Is that accurate?

It all depends on the settings. Completing all tasks to get to the final wizzard mode (not programmed yet) will be a challenge on standard settings and not for everyone (including me). You can however adjust the settings to make it more achievable.

Have a look otherwise at the operational manual I made which includes gamerules downloadable from the DP website at https://www.dutchpinball.com/the_big_lebowski_pinball_downloads.php

#2183 2 years ago

Is that accurate?

IMO, Wizard Modes should be nearly impossible. I had a Dialed In and I put it on the hardest setting, got Wizard Mode once in four years. I still remember it. Heart was pumping. I purposely never watched any video of it before so it was a total surprise to me. One of my greatest pinball moments. haha, I managed to reach it while waiting for my wife to get ready to go somewhere, just remembered that.

I also had R&M and Monster Bash... wizard modes galore. Kind of boring after a while. Sold them both after maybe just 8 months each.

If it's not challenging, it gets too boring too quick.

#2184 2 years ago

Is that accurate?

It is extremely hard to get through the objectives on factory settings on 3 ball play. In fact its a much more enjoyable game with the settings lightened up - you get to see much more of the game and the depth to the code and the usage of the assets is actually pretty great, if you can see it!

#2185 2 years ago
Quoted from jjga:

I hope to get a chance to play this game in person some day, looks like a blast.

It is.

Really fun game and if you love the movie, even more so as the theme integration is one of the best ever!

#2186 2 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

It is extremely hard to get through the objectives on factory settings on 3 ball play. In fact its a much more enjoyable game with the settings lightened up - you get to see much more of the game and the depth to the code and the usage of the assets is actually pretty great, if you can see it!

It definitely sounds like a fun game, but I personally don't change settings as I like to just see where I get on a game at factory default.

But making a wizard mode impossible to reach by default sounds like a waste of a pinball moment (wizard) and a lost opportunity to make a brilliant game.

I like hard games, but I like to know in time I'll beat it.

Reaching Last Man Standing in TWD was probably the greatest pinball moment for me, and insanely, I did it on ball 1!!!

Thanks for all the input. I'll wait to see how the code shapes up

#2187 2 years ago

It definitely sounds like a fun game, but I personally don't change settings as I like to just see where I get on a game at factory default.
But making a wizard mode impossible to reach by default sounds like a waste of a pinball moment (wizard) and a lost opportunity to make a brilliant game.
I like hard games, but I like to know in time I'll beat it.
Reaching Last Man Standing in TWD was probably the greatest pinball moment for me, and insanely, I did it on ball 1!!!
Thanks for all the input. I'll wait to see how the code shapes up

I am not saying it’s impossible. Just that intonation for everyone but you can change the settings to Make it achievable for everyone.

Same is applicable for my Twd and AC/DC. Never saw or expecting see the final wizzard mode and best the game. With gotg I still have hope ☺️

#2188 2 years ago

Hi, I am not an owner of TBL but I really want to pull the trigger on one in a month or two. Do you owners experience a lot of issues with TBL? I just don't want to buy a game that I spend more time fixing than playing. TBL is another dream theme for me. Thanks in advance!

#2189 2 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

Hi, I am not an owner of TBL but I really want to pull the trigger on one in a month or two. Do you owners experience a lot of issues with TBL? I just don't want to buy a game that I spend more time fixing than playing. TBL is another dream theme for me. Thanks in advance!

Mine had about 30min of work at the beginning to get everything running smoothly, it's been bomb proof since. There has been one machine recently though that has had a bunch of issues. Aside from this one case, I haven't read any more issues than other machines out there (less than a lot of them!).

#2190 2 years ago

I heard that the illuminated apron is on backorder.

Anyone else waiting for them to come back in?

#2191 2 years ago

I have a working, spare TBL motherboard PC.

Please see my Ad for cost and ping me if interested.

First ping gets it.

Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple) - “I am selling a number of mods for TBL. 1. Doobie (Joint) Mod: $45 2. Decal stickers: $45 3. Left ramp clip: $15 (this one is a must install in my experience) 4. Spare back...”
2022-08-18
Saukville, WI
Archived after: 67 days
Viewed: 13195 times

Added over 3 years ago:

EDIT. motherboard sold. Ping me to get on a wait list.

#2192 2 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

I heard that the illuminated apron is on backorder.
Anyone else waiting for them to come back in?

I ordered one.

I don't even have a TBL.

Yet.

#2193 2 years ago

I ordered one.
I don't even have a TBL.
Yet.

Nice! So you're waiting on it?

#2194 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

I am not saying it’s impossible. Just that intonation for everyone but you can change the settings to Make it achievable for everyone.
Same is applicable for my Twd and AC/DC. Never saw or expecting see the final wizzard mode and best the game. With gotg I still have hope ☺️

You don't think that it being reachable adds to the magic of the game? I always thought that Dwight wasted an opportunity making TSPP so difficult.

Think about LOTR for example. Valinor is exceptionally hard to get to, but if you work at it, there's a chance. I was literally one shot away from it, but due to flipper fade, I couldn't hit it.

I've owned both games, and LOTR stayed, where TSPP had to go. Working so hard each game, just to know you're likely never going to see it, got old quick.

And for some people (this is just personal preference) changing the settings feels like cheating. Not saying it is, but for people that subscribe to that dumb shit, like me, it is.

If the game is compared so often to a 90's classic B/W, then maybe it should also play like that in the respect that you can get to that magical ending

Just saying...

#2195 2 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

Yup. Patiently. Ordered only a couple months ago.

#2196 2 years ago

Does TBL have the option to dump an audit file to a USB flash drive like Stern/JJP/Spooky?

#2197 2 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

Does TBL have the option to dump an audit file to a USB flash drive like Stern/JJP/Spooky?

Yup, see page 29 of this FAQ: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9x448ip0ib4shvq/AAACf-gf-VRBhe9f69kmL8wAa?dl=0&preview=Technical+support+TBL+FAQ+manual.pdf

#2199 2 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

Whos's making this lighted apron? Any links? thanks in advance.

#2200 2 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

Whos's making this lighted apron? Any links? thanks in advance.

Wild guess, DP ??

Sent an email to [email protected] if you wish one. Price is eur 495 excl Vat and shipping.

Material is however in back order and will take at least several weeks till shipment.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Mead, CO
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
There are 7,138 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 143.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.