76FCA86C-ACD8-48D2-8281-C72CE99404D6 (resized).png
20210506_182739 (resized).jpg
pen (resized).png
tenor.gif
il_570xN.1025513256_c0gd (resized).jpg
20210505_223559 (resized).jpg
20210505_223039 (resized).jpg
20210505_211640 (resized).jpg

There are 2119 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 43.
#2051 7 days ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

What's the build quality like on this title?
My R&M has been absolute disappointment and headache, so I'm now conscious about buying from boutique pinball companies.

Very difficult to answer.
There are guys out having this game running without any major problems from the unboxing.
There are guys having more or less to work on there new machine.
You should be familiar with tools and pinballs or live with Cointaker in direct neighborhood.
So you might be lucky, you might run in problems.

DP has a very good support in person of Rens. But he will not stand side by you for practical help.
But you should give TBL a try, I am sure if you get a nightmare of a game you can give it back within a timeframe ... maybe you are lucky and can play from the first ball.

The good news: DP is not IGNORING its customers like other pinball manufacturer do !! So there are many improvemnets in the latest machines. Mine is now a year old and I ordered several upgrade parts. The buyers today will have all this enhancements in their machines.
I am sure DP has not more problems like other manufacturers. The build quality is high. It feels like a WPC-95 game from WMS to play, not cheap than other mayor brands.

Give it a try ... at least in the forums mostly people with problems post. The happy ones just play pinball.

#2052 7 days ago

My R&M has been absolute disappointment and headache, so I'm now conscious about buying from boutique pinball companies.

A few tweaks out of the box. Received mine March 2020. The whole team at Dutch pinball is fantastic. Solid game.

#2053 7 days ago

Got mine this April, plays solid right out of the box.
Absolutely happy with the holy gral. Thanks to the great DP team.

#2054 7 days ago
Quoted from TomDK:

For me it is not to understand.
People with not too much acknowledge of pinball have to "mod" their games using mods for hell lot of money but no foolproof manual.
The "mod connector" is, so far, not officially. It is used for the lighted apron and this will work without any problem. I am also sure that it will provide 5 and 12 volts.
Have you moddingkings ever thought about using the pc powersupply in the backbox to .... supply power ?
Makeyourself a Y-cable and you get 5 volts and 12 volts. If you can´t do so look on amazon or buy it here on pinside. I am sure one of the modding suppliers will make you one and sell it.
timlah79 : Wait until you have your apron, THAN plug it in the connector and I am sure it will work like on many many other machines. WHY do people "check" before IF the connector is "working well" ??!!

TomDK Like I said, my concern is that I've proven that "the mod couple" harness and their mod which requires 12V (but doesn't work from the TBL mod connector) has no wiring issue when it comes to continuity. Both of their harness connector and "matrix" 12V mod connectors have continuity where expected, yet it doesn't power the 12V mod, only the 5v one. This is why I am concerned that the TBL stock connector is not outputting 12V and that my apron may not work.

I also cannot find a Y cable anywhere online that connects from the backbox with the right molex connector to two, 2-pin "matrix" connectors that these any almost every mod out there requires. So that's why I asked Rensh to a) update his FAQs with both a link to where a proper connector that uses a recommended TBL power source can be purchased and b) add specific instructions to how to safely test the TBL mod's connector for 12V using a multimeter. I hope this clarifies.

Quoted from Rensh:

The lit apron uses 12V only from the Mod connector. If 12VDC would not make it to the main mother board a lot more would not work on the playfield. Doesn’t garantuee ofcourse it gets to the mod connector but a (very) good chance there is 12V available.

Thanks Rensh , as I mentioned above, if there's a safe way to test with my multimeter, I would prefer to know for sure that 12V is coming from this connector before I receive the apron.

#2055 7 days ago

WizardsCastle I own the TBL probably with the most plays on it? I have had it out on location for years and it now has 16,890 plays on it. Barry actually asked for some photos of the machine to see how things are holding up. My friend who helps me operate it also provided DP with a lot of feedback on things that were troublesome initially and they've incorporated a lot of that into future/current builds (my machine is #9). After we got it dialed in though it's been fine. The main thing we had to replace was the subway but everything else was just tweaked (aside from normal wear like rubbers etc) - though the sticker on the rug has been beat up though I have a backup one to use once the current one is completely dead

Quoted from TomDK:

Very difficult to answer.
There are guys out having this game running without any major problems from the unboxing.
There are guys having more or less to work on there new machine.
You should be familiar with tools and pinballs or live with Cointaker in direct neighborhood.
So you might be lucky, you might run in problems.

DP has a very good support in person of Rens. But he will not stand side by you for practical help.
But you should give TBL a try, I am sure if you get a nightmare of a game you can give it back within a timeframe ... maybe you are lucky and can play from the first ball.

The good news: DP is not IGNORING its customers like other pinball manufacturer do !! So there are many improvemnets in the latest machines. Mine is now a year old and I ordered several upgrade parts. The buyers today will have all this enhancements in their machines.
I am sure DP has not more problems like other manufacturers. The build quality is high. It feels like a WPC-95 game from WMS to play, not cheap than other mayor brands.

Give it a try ... at least in the forums mostly people with problems post. The happy ones just play pinball.

#2056 7 days ago
Quoted from genex:

WizardsCastle I own the TBL probably with the most plays on it? I have had it out on location for years and it now has 16,890 plays on it. Barry actually asked for some photos of the machine to see how things are holding up. My friend who helps me operate it also provided DP with a lot of feedback on things that were troublesome initially and they've incorporated a lot of that into future/current builds (my machine is #9). After we got it dialed in though it's been fine. The main thing we had to replace was the subway but everything else was just tweaked (aside from normal wear like rubbers etc) - though the sticker on the rug has been beat up though I have a backup one to use once the current one is completely dead

What specifically about the subway was the issue? And has that been addressed by DP in the current ones they are building now?

#2057 7 days ago

It started to fall apart because the edges were perforated. I think I saw someone else post the same issue they had. I am not sure what they've done in future builds as my one is older so I am working to maintain it based on that build. Rensh or someone may know what they've done.

Quoted from Freakyguy666:

What specifically about the subway was the issue? And has that been addressed by DP in the current ones they are building now?

#2058 7 days ago
Quoted from genex:

It started to fall apart because the edges were perforated. I think I saw someone else post the same issue they had. I am not sure what they've done in future builds as my one is older so I am working to maintain it based on that build. Rensh or someone may know what they've done.

Does it make sense to have a spare rug assembly on standby for home use play? I received my nib tbl March 2020. Small tweaks, plays great.

#2059 6 days ago

Hi all TBL owners

I have had my TBL für around 8 weeks and so far it has never worked flawlessly. The latest software update has brought some improvements though.
Remaining problems:

- I have never heard all the song clips playing
- Ball drain and then the machine goes into ball search mode
- Ball sometimes stays in saucer or Jesus hole and just stays there, ball search doesn't get going.

Maybe someone can help me with those issues or provide a link with answers? Sorry I just didn't feel like reading through the 2058 posts looking for answers.

Thanks
Kaspar

#2060 6 days ago
Quoted from lagoontrap:

- Ball sometimes stays in saucer or Jesus hole and just stays there, ball search doesn't get going.
Kaspar

- Play better I do not understand the question ? No sound ?

- Check switches in ball trough, check switches in generell

- Check switches from Jesus hole and saucer.

Check with a pinball, not only the fingers. It seems that the ball goes to this saucers/hole/balltrough and is not detected.
I had once a situation that a ballsearch starts but did not find the ball in the saucer but before I opened the coindoor, this might iritade the pin.

For me all your problems sound like switchproblems. The pin does not know where the ball is , ball search is not programmed perfect yet.

#2061 6 days ago
Quoted from lagoontrap:

Hi all TBL owners
I have had my TBL für around 8 weeks and so far it has never worked flawlessly. The latest software update has brought some improvements though.
Remaining problems:
Maybe someone can help me with those issues or provide a link with answers? Sorry I just didn't feel like reading through the 2058 posts looking for answers.
Thanks
Kaspar

Best to post maintenance issues in the maintenance thread seen at https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-lotta-ins-a-lotta-outs-tbl-maintenance-thread/page/11#post-6261448

And as Tom suggests it sounds like a switch issue. Start with the ball through switches. See FAQs I made at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9x448ip0ib4shvq/AAACf-gf-VRBhe9f69kmL8wAa?dl=0

What is your TBL serial number?

#2062 6 days ago

Hi Tom and Rensh
Thanks for your answers!!! Just to be more precise Tom: How many song clips are there? Seems like mine so far hast only played the Gipsy Kings song that it always starts with and maybe a second one. So when do the other song clips start playing? When you complete more and more modes? What song is supposed to play in what mode? I just don't understand.
Rensh: Thanks for the two links. I'll post further questions there. I'll start checking the switches. My TBL's serial number is 444. Is that good luck?
Regards
Kaspar

#2063 6 days ago
Quoted from lagoontrap:

Hi Tom and Rensh
Thanks for your answers!!! Just to be more precise Tom: How many song clips are there? Seems like mine so far hast only played the Gipsy Kings song that it always starts with and maybe a second one. So when do the other song clips start playing? When you complete more and more modes? What song is supposed to play in what mode? I just don't understand.
Rensh: Thanks for the two links. I'll post further questions there. I'll start checking the switches. My TBL's serial number is 444. Is that good luck?
Regards
Kaspar

Each ball has its own song. Never heard of a bug where always same song is played for each ball. Are you running rel 055? Make a video otherwise. And how about the modes and multiball? Also same song?

And my lucky number is 4 so 444 is triple luck for me

See you in the maintence thread.

#2064 6 days ago
Quoted from Sandeep:

Does it make sense to have a spare rug assembly on standby for home use play? I received my nib tbl March 2020. Small tweaks, plays great.

Sandeep I only needed the sticker - the actual rug assembly has worked fine the entire time

#2065 6 days ago
Quoted from genex:

Sandeep I only needed the sticker - the actual rug assembly has worked fine the entire time

Great to hear. Where to purchase sticker please?

#2066 6 days ago

Sandeep i ordered them from DP when I got some other parts - not sure where else you can get them but def can get them direct from Dutch Pinball

#2067 5 days ago

Rensh and TomDK Before our conversation in this thread about mod connectors, I purchased a "Power Tap for ATX Power Supply Games" from Pinball Life. It is in their category for TBL compatible 12V and 5V mods. However, I have no idea how I use this, do you? It doesn't have the same molex connector you speak of that comes from the TBL back box nor does it have the standard 2 pin, "matrix" connectors that most mods use, specifically the connectors that The Mod Couple mods use (I think it is 2.5mm Pitch 2-pin JST XH?). So what else do I need to create the right "Y Cable"? Can you please post links, photos to where I can purchase what I need and instructions?

See links and pictures:

The supposedly TBL compatible Y cable I purchased which has the wrong connectors for what I need, "Power Tap for ATX Power Supply Games": https://www.pinballlife.com/power-tap-for-atx-power-supply-games.html
Power Tap for ATX Power Supply Games (resized).jpg

Again, the two mods I need to hook up and their types of tiny, 2-pin matrix connectors:
5V Mod: https://themodcouplepinball.com/products/the-big-lebowski-gutterballs-abide-custom-color-changing-mod
12V Mod: https://themodcouplepinball.com/products/the-big-lebowski-the-creedence-is-found-illuminated-custom-mod
Example of what the connectors look like:
2.5mm Pitch 2-pin Cable Matching Pair - JST XH (resized).jpg

#2068 5 days ago

Just got my TBL. Everything works great. My Donny loop is getting a lot of stdms. Is it supposed to feed to the left or right flipper when it loops around?

#2069 5 days ago

That Donny orbit is super fast

#2070 5 days ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Just got my TBL. Everything works great. My Donny loop is getting a lot of stdms. Is it supposed to feed to the left or right flipper when it loops around?

Right flipper

#2071 5 days ago
20210505_211640 (resized).jpg
#2072 5 days ago

My rug stopped registering hits and I found four small screws in the bottom of the cab.
I think they should go on the gold color part to secure the plate?
Anyone snap a pic for me? Much appreciated.

20210505_223039 (resized).jpg20210505_223559 (resized).jpg
#2073 5 days ago
Quoted from gliebig:

My rug stopped. registering hits and I found four small screws in the bottom of the cab.
I think they should go on the gold color part to secure the plate?
Anyone snap a pic for me? Much appreciated.
[quoted image][quoted image]

There should be pictures in this thread or the maintenance thread.

Example

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/9#post-5215259

#2074 5 days ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Yeah that skill shot #2 for the rug mode is a no go for me b/c it’s SDTM every time.

#2075 5 days ago

That's the pic I needed. Thank you.

#2076 5 days ago
Quoted from gliebig:

That's the pic I needed. Thank you.

Here you have a lot of pictures on the rug toy

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ufx5p11cp62vl1s/Rug%20Toy%20FAQ.pdf?dl=0

#2077 4 days ago

Rug fixed.

#2078 4 days ago

Hi All. I've been on the Cointaker preorder list for a couple of years and am hoping the join the club soon. Question: I normally remove the backbox and playfield from the cabinet when I get a new game, bring it down to my inconvenient basement in three pieces, and then reassemble. This is pretty easy with Stern Spike games and a little more involved with Stern SAM/Whitestar. Would the process be similar for TBL or are there any pitfalls that would make it harder? Thanks for any info.

#2079 4 days ago

Spike and TBL are very similar in this aspect. So no worries.

#2080 4 days ago

Big shout-out/thank you to Barry and Rens, for the lighted aprons that arrived today. Very cool, well worth the wait. And also to Koen for the new code.

Thank you DP team!

#2081 4 days ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Big shout-out/thank you to Barry and Rens, for the lighted aprons that arrived today. Very cool, well worth the wait. And also to Koen for the new code.
Thank you DP team!

Where do you order those from?

#2082 4 days ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Where do you order those from?

I started here: support@dutchpinball.com.
They email you back with the total and then you pay still waiting to receive mine getting excited.

#2083 4 days ago

What I definitely miss is a blank in the mystery hole.
Hope DP will still add that.

il_570xN.1025513256_c0gd (resized).jpg
#2084 4 days ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

[quoted image]

That has potential for an interesting mystery reward.

Perhaps Jackie Treehorn "WTF?" doodle points?

tenor.gif

#2085 4 days ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

[quoted image]

Install those decals on your spinners you ordered!

pen (resized).png
#2086 4 days ago

If you ordered a TBL today, what is the wait time?

#2087 4 days ago
Quoted from The_Pump_House:

If you ordered a TBL today, what is the wait time?

9 months to a year, leaning more towards the year I believe.

But if production ramps up (rumored to be true?) it could be sooner.

#2088 4 days ago

Bump: https://beta.pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/42#post-6264617
Can anyone help with this mod Y cable to the right connectors question?

#2089 4 days ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Install those decals on your spinners you ordered!

My TBL's spinner art of choice!

Thanks for making it happen!

20210506_182739 (resized).jpg

#2090 4 days ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

[quoted image]

NICE..............

#2091 3 days ago
Quoted from VermontPinball:

9 months to a year, leaning more towards the year I believe.
But if production ramps up (rumored to be true?) it could be sooner.

I'm very tempted, but saw someone post above he's been on the list for 2 years?

#2092 3 days ago

That has potential for an interesting mystery reward.
Perhaps Jackie Treehorn "WTF?" doodle points?
[quoted image]

You said it man. - Nobody f..... with Jackie Treehorn!

Rensh: Please at it to the wishlist for a ! mystery reward

#2093 3 days ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

You said it man. - Nobody f..... with Jackie Treehorn!
Rensh: Please at it to the wishlist for a ! mystery reward

The question is, is it possible to set graphics also to a "adult version". I am sure US custmers will not *all* have a di** in the animations !

#2094 3 days ago

[quoted image]

Where do I get that?

#2095 3 days ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Where do I get that?

cpr9999 makes and sells a decal set as well as other TBL mods.

#2096 3 days ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'm very tempted, but saw someone post above he's been on the list for 2 years?

I first asked to be on "The List" a couple of years ago (before Cointaker starting taking deposits), but the whole process was pretty murky back then and I think I got lost in the shuffle. I talked to Melissa at Cointaker this week to get things sorted and I am supposedly in on the next run. It's probably best to just call Melissa to discuss the situation, but my sense from other posts is the wait time should be less than a year at this point.

#2097 3 days ago

With respect to timing --

Having read most (maybe all) of the posts, and having been through it myself, the safest assumption (IMHO) for new buyers (not early achievers) is probably between 15 and 18 months between first call to CT, to plugging in the game. With the new facility, of course this could improve, as I hope it does for everyone waiting on this great game.

#2098 3 days ago

Just spoke w Melissa today, and in the preorder club!!! She estimated 9-10 months, but no major hurry for me. Have to make room, lol.

Catching up w the threads, and think it will fit in well in the lineup....

An addiction I have.....I swear!!!!

#2099 3 days ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Just spoke w Melissa today, and in the preorder club!!! ...
An addiction I have.....I swear!!!!

Welcome to the club Dude!

In more ways than one.

#2100 3 days ago

Welcome to the club Dude!
In more ways than one.

Good to reconnect on another title Pinbud!!!

There are 2119 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 43.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside