flipper position (3) (resized).jpeg
IMG_6626 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_archive_792_848601.jpg
Pinside_forum_7890198_0.jpg
Pinside_archive_876_2670498.jpg
IMG_0049 (resized).jpg
IMG_2632.gif

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,284 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 146.
#2001 2 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

There must be a challenge otherwise the pin would be boring after 3 weeks.
I tweaked my settings to make the game a little easier, I added ballsaver times, set down the limit to start "Nihilists Multiball" and raised the time to get "Mark It Zero" after it lits. So this gives a fair chance to get the first extraball.
I always play on this extraball but the saucer is not easy to hit.
MIZ is also in my opinion the best video mode, to see if Walter becomes more and more aggressiv ... love it !!

Quoted from Time4akshun:

I'd like to add a trough light from Comet Pinball to my TBL. I typically alligator clip onto a GI in other games but TBL is surface mount. Any tips on where to tap without soldering?
https://www.cometpinball.com/products/lighting-strips
Time

The Mod Couple has a mod plug in for Dutch Pinball. You can plug Comet strips into it.

#2002 2 years ago
Quoted from Time4akshun:

I'd like to add a trough light from Comet Pinball to my TBL. I typically alligator clip onto a GI in other games but TBL is surface mount. Any tips on where to tap without soldering?
Time

My suggestion for a Simple trough light install would be the Comet LED 12v strip and run the wire straight down and clip to the 12v bulbs on the coin door. Yes you would need to remove the alligator clips if you raised the playfield but rather minor for as often as you would need to do it. 12v LED strip complete is only like $4. Good luck!

#2003 2 years ago

In the backbox there is a spare 12V next to the one where the translite is connected.

#2004 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

This rug is a wall hanger for sure.
People already identified an Amazon replacement.

It seems that they have run out of "Ottomanson Ottohome Runner Rug, 3'3" X 5', Red Heriz" rugs, but if anyone has found other nice replacements, please post a link!

#2005 2 years ago
Quoted from Time4akshun:

Time

Mod couple has a nice power adapter for the playfield.

#2006 2 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Mod couple has a nice power adapter for the playfield.

A couple of us (non-EA buyers) ordered the new lighted Apron that plugs into the 20 pin(?) connector in the middle on the bottom of the playfield. (That’s my limited understanding - will post pictures once we receive them. Also EAs are receiving the lighted Apron installed. Can an EA post a picture where it plugs into the circuit board?)

Where does this power adapter plug into?

(FYI you can order the new lighted Apron now from Dutch pinball).

#2007 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

A couple of us (non-EA buyers) ordered the new lighted Apron that plugs into the 20 pin(?) connector in the middle on the bottom of the playfield. (That’s my limited understanding - will post pictures once we receive them. Also EAs are receiving the lighted Apron installed. Can an EA post a picture where it plugs into the circuit board?)
Where does this power adapter plug into?
(FYI you can order the new lighted Apron now from Dutch pinball).

I'll post a picture but I think the 20 pin connector.
Thanks, didn't know I could order the light apron now.

#2008 2 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

I'll post a picture but I think the 20 pin connector.
Thanks, didn't know I could order the light apron now.

How much is the Apron?

#2009 2 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

How much is the Apron?

Approximately $685 US dollar (apron plus shipping).

#2010 2 years ago

I fitted my own EA Apron.

Plugs int the port in the middle and then route the cable up the left side wiring holders..

#2011 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

I fitted my own EA Apron.
Plugs int the port in the middle and then route the cable up the left side wiring holders..

You made your own one ?
Pictures !!!

#2012 2 years ago

Here you go. It’s the flatcable running from the pcb upwards in the picture.

F8FFFAEE-C0FC-4655-8972-5D8CA2CA281F (resized).jpegF8FFFAEE-C0FC-4655-8972-5D8CA2CA281F (resized).jpeg
#2013 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Eur 495 excl VAT excl shipping. VAT is not required for the US.

#2014 2 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

It seems that they have run out of "Ottomanson Ottohome Runner Rug, 3'3" X 5', Red Heriz" rugs, but if anyone has found other nice replacements, please post a link!

Oh no! That rug really tied the whole game together.

#2015 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Where can one purchase the apron? Thanks

#2016 2 years ago
Quoted from Dexter:

Where can one purchase the apron? Thanks

Just sent an email to [email protected] mentioning full name, adress en TBL serialno.

Than you will get an invoice for exact amount incl shipping. Next step is paying it and than shipment will be done .

#2017 2 years ago

I can confirm mod couple power adapter plugs into the same place. Looks like i'll be looking for a new 5v source. Any suggestions? 12v is easy to find not worried about that one. The lighted apron is a must order.

#2018 2 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

I can confirm mod couple power adapter plugs into the same place. Looks like i'll be looking for a new 5v source. Any suggestions? 12v is easy to find not worried about that one. The lighted apron is a must order.

There are a couple different 5v lines on that ribbon cable. I'm sure the apron doesn't use them all so you can probably just splice one off of it.

#2019 2 years ago

Ok...new to this thread...played at expo before everything crashed...

Short, couple up to speed question:

They are making, supporting the game now?

Better version?

Price= $12.5, 1k deposit to get in line through CT?

Rough eta on delivery ( 9 months to a year)?

Thx, and apologize for redundancy as I'm sure it's in here somewhere...mark

#2020 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Ok...new to this thread...played at expo before everything crashed...
Short, couple up to speed question:
They are making, supporting the game now?
Better version?
Price= $12.5, 1k deposit to get in line through CT?
Rough eta on delivery ( 9 months to a year)?
Thx, and apologize for redundancy as I'm sure it's in here somewhere...mark

Pretty much yes to all.

#2021 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Pretty much yes to all.

Can you make a new ribbon cable - make it a “y” cable so we can plug in the new Apron ribbon cable to 1 side your cable and the other side of your cable has the 12, 5 and 3 volt output?

This way new lighted DP apron works and we can still draw power off of the connectors. Also can you pull all voltages out? 12, 5, 3?

#2022 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Can you make a new ribbon cable - make it a “y” cable so we can plug in the new Apron ribbon cable to 1 side your cable and the other side of your cable has the 12, 5 and 3 volt output?
This way new lighted DP apron works and we can still draw power off of the connectors. Also can you pull all voltages out? 12, 5, 3?

Yes we are aware and offer a connection should the owner have an EA apron. My reply was to his TBL questions not a ribbon cable.

#2023 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Yes we are aware and offer a connection should the owner have an EA apron. My reply was to his TBL questions not a ribbon cable.

Does your existing cable allow for the EA apron or is there a different cable that needs to be ordered?

#2024 2 years ago

Hi, the apron is easy to install, the necessary connection cable is included.
It is fully interactive with the other lighting on the playfield.

65E0A16A-FB76-470C-A5DD-50CA809BBA67 (resized).jpeg65E0A16A-FB76-470C-A5DD-50CA809BBA67 (resized).jpegA0DABDE7-A547-4F36-8234-88EEC33AAA60 (resized).jpegA0DABDE7-A547-4F36-8234-88EEC33AAA60 (resized).jpeg
#2025 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I came across this 20 pin multiple board. Looks like a possible solution.

https://arcadeshock.com/products/brook-dual-mod-kit-for-brook-universal-fighting-and-retro-board

MULTIPLIER_R (2) (resized).jpgMULTIPLIER_R (2) (resized).jpg
#2026 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Just sent an email to [email protected] mentioning full name, adress en TBL serialno.
Than you will get an invoice for exact amount incl shipping. Next step is paying it and than shipment will be done .

Thanks - so I need to wait until my game is delivered and I have a serial number before ordering the apron? On order with CoinTaker.

Ryan

#2027 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Cool - can you provide a link?

Quoted from waldo34:

I came across this 20 pin multiple board. Looks like a possible solution.
https://arcadeshock.com/products/brook-dual-mod-kit-for-brook-universal-fighting-and-retro-board
[quoted image]

Good idea! Let’s see what Yelobird has to offer here. This is good backup plan.

#2028 2 years ago
Quoted from Dexter:

Thanks - so I need to wait until my game is delivered and I have a serial number before ordering the apron? On order with CoinTaker.
Ryan

Aha. I see. No, the serialno is more needed for my records and tracing but not a must. So go ahead if you want one prior to having the TBL.

#2029 2 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

You made your own one ?
Pictures !!!

no, I meant I fitted my EA Apron when it was sent to me.

#2030 2 years ago
C29BC04C-BFC7-4DD4-9E6B-41D6C2DD217C (resized).jpegC29BC04C-BFC7-4DD4-9E6B-41D6C2DD217C (resized).jpeg
#2031 2 years ago

Hi Rensh, sometimes intermittently the light in the launch button doesn’t light up when there is a ball in the shooter lane (to start a ball). What can I do please?

#2032 2 years ago
Quoted from PinheadEDM:

Hi Rensh, sometimes intermittently the light in the launch button doesn’t light up when there is a ball in the shooter lane (to start a ball). What can I do please?

I had that happen on mine. Make sure you have the new update .55. Also I needed to remove the switch in the shooter lane and adjust it slightly so the ball was resting better on the switch.

#2033 2 years ago

In regard to the power taken from the mod connector. As follows:

1) is on your own risk
2) only 5 and 12V available, max 1A.
3) these are none fused lines !! As the PSU can deliver plenty of power you run the risk of blown pcb traces due to much power !
4) if you take by chance one of the led driving channels, those can only deliver 20mA and overloading it can blow a channel(s) on the P3led bord.

Best and safest solution remaining is the 12V in the backbox. Use it with a 12V to 5V or 3V converter if those voltages are needed. Just a few bucks.

The PSY can deliver 35A @ 12V and 20A @ 5V. There is thus some room left for mods ....

#2034 2 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

I had that happen on mine. Make sure you have the new update .55. Also I needed to remove the switch in the shooter lane and adjust it slightly so the ball was resting better on the switch.

Could you please tell me how the switch in shooter lane should be adjusted?

#2035 2 years ago
Quoted from PinheadEDM:

Could you please tell me how the switch in shooter lane should be adjusted?

I believe it’s just two screws that hold it in place. Loosen and eyeball it’s placement.

#2036 2 years ago

Some experience in adjusting switches is not only convenient with a NIB TBL

It’s of all brands. But those service rails make me Jealous.

C8898AE3-1653-4039-8E80-50741371C952 (resized).jpegC8898AE3-1653-4039-8E80-50741371C952 (resized).jpeg
#2037 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Some experience in adjusting switches is not only convenient with a NIB TBL
It’s of all brands. But those service rails make me Jealous.
[quoted image]

Do like the service rails...but I will take the lighted Apron!

#2038 2 years ago

Getting a bit closer on BOWL rotating sign - Mod!

In testing phases right now....for next couple weeks to see if motors hold up. They are rotating a bit faster than I like right now, but good testing speed.

#2039 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

In testing phases right now....for next couple weeks to see if motors hold up. They are rotating a bit faster than I like right now, but good testing speed.

Love these mods and will hopefully be ordering these soon once my number is called to pay for my TBL

#2040 2 years ago

Installed an upgrade tonight.

A stern leveler at 6.5 degrees and some protection.

0767E3C2-A010-4A77-AB30-E50379D207D5 (resized).jpeg0767E3C2-A010-4A77-AB30-E50379D207D5 (resized).jpegDBBE99EC-9ECF-4E84-989A-333DC2F1C91D (resized).jpegDBBE99EC-9ECF-4E84-989A-333DC2F1C91D (resized).jpeg
#2041 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Let me know when they are ready and I will run to an ATM!

#2042 2 years ago

Mod hookup question. I purchased the bowling pins and creedence tape mods along with the custom harness from the mod couple. From the harness they provide, the bowling light/5V works but the 12V that's supposed go to the creedence tape does not. They've sent me a replacement harness and a replacement creedence LED. No change. It seems like nothing is coming from the 12V lead from their harnesses they've sent and my worry is that it's not coming from the stock connector/board at all (for example I can hook the working bowling pins mod to the 12V and it doesn't work, then vice versa the tape to it and I get nothing). I do own a multimeter but am very apprehensive to test anything beyond continuity.

Regardless, I plan to get the lit apron which uses the connection where the mod couple's harness lives, so that harness is going to have to go away anyhow. I'll need to hook up their mods differently. I'm wondering how I'm going to light those two after I get the apron. I understand you can leverage the 12V connector out of the backbox instead and that's better recommended (as Rensh describes in this document https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9x448ip0ib4shvq/AAACf-gf-VRBhe9f69kmL8wAa?dl=0&preview=Where+to+hook+up+my+Mods+FAQ.pdf). However, these mod couple mods are mini-molex(?)--not the same connection as that backbox wire. I'm in the US, could someone point me to links to buy the connector adapters and converters (so I can have both 12V and 5V outs) that I will need? I don't even know the search terms for something like this. Thanks!

#2043 2 years ago

I am going to make a harness that connects back to the computer power supply and then routes to under the middle of the playfield. And it will have like qty 3 5v and qty 3 12V and qty 2 3V connectors to power mods. We need this as that middle mod connector will be used for lighted Apron.

If your interested in 1 ping me. Not sure probably be $25 with all those connectors.

#2044 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I am going to make a harness that connects back to the computer power supply and then routes to under the middle of the playfield. And it will have like qty 3 5v and qty 3 12V and qty 2 3V connectors to power mods. We need this as that middle mod connector will be used for lighted Apron.
If your interested in 1 ping me. Not sure probably be $25 with all those connectors.

I’m definitely in!!

#2045 2 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

I’m definitely in!!

You will be the first one!
LOL

#2046 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Interested in the harness as well.

#2047 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

In regard to the power taken from the mod connector. As follows:
1) is on your own risk
2) only 5 and 12V available, max 1A.
3) these are none fused lines !! As the PSU can deliver plenty of power you run the risk of blown pcb traces due to much power !
4) if you take by chance one of the led driving channels, those can only deliver 20mA and overloading it can blow a channel(s) on the P3led bord.
Best and safest solution remaining is the 12V in the backbox. Use it with a 12V to 5V or 3V converter if those voltages are needed. Just a few bucks.
The PSY can deliver 35A @ 12V and 20A @ 5V. There is thus some room left for mods ....

Rensh I have suspicions that this "mod connector" on my machine is not outputting 12V, only 5V. Therefore, I'm worried that when I get my lit apron, it will not work. I assume 12V is required for the apron? Before I knew of your cautions in your mod installation FAQ, I did not know that this connector a) Needs to be used for the lit apron and b) That it is not recommended to use it to install mods. Before I received the game I'd already purchased the gutterballs (5V), creedence tape (12V), and custom wire harness mods from The Mod Couple. From their harness, the 5V worked immediately but the 12V does not. They even sent me a replacement harness and creedence LED (12V) replacements to try. Continuity works within the harness 12V connections and I can use a different 12V connection from another machine to get the creedence LED to light, so it's not the harness or their mods that are the issue. I have since decided to remove the harness and both mods entirely just to be safe.

Is there something I can do to confirm that 12V is coming from that connector so that when I get my apron there isn't an issue? Maybe you could add to your EA Apron Installation FAQ a proper and safe way to test or confirm 12V is coming from this connector? Given all of the issues I've faced, I'm apprehensive to put my multimeter anywhere on the machine while its powered up and am definitely an amateur in this area. I just want to see what I can do to make sure the apron works once I receive it. Thanks!

#2048 2 years ago

For me it is not to understand.
People with not too much acknowledge of pinball have to "mod" their games using mods for hell lot of money but no foolproof manual.
The "mod connector" is, so far, not officially. It is used for the lighted apron and this will work without any problem. I am also sure that it will provide 5 and 12 volts.
Have you moddingkings ever thought about using the pc powersupply in the backbox to .... supply power ?
Makeyourself a Y-cable and you get 5 volts and 12 volts. If you can´t do so look on amazon or buy it here on pinside. I am sure one of the modding suppliers will make you one and sell it.

timlah79 : Wait until you have your apron, THAN plug it in the connector and I am sure it will work like on many many other machines. WHY do people "check" before IF the connector is "working well" ??!!

#2049 2 years ago

What's the build quality like on this title?

My R&M has been absolute disappointment and headache, so I'm now conscious about buying from boutique pinball companies.

#2050 2 years ago

The lit apron uses 12V only from the Mod connector. If 12VDC would not make it to the main mother board a lot more would not work on the playfield. Doesn’t garantuee ofcourse it gets to the mod connector but a (very) good chance there is 12V available.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 22.50
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

15,000 (OBO)
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 210.00
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 7,284 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/41 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.