IMG_20240423_132359275 (resized).jpg
IMG_5894 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5893 (resized).jpeg
735513270 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,311 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 147.
#1951 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Well the good news is it loads operating system Ubuntu.
Not sure why TBL app is not loading...

I cant figure it out however put in a ticket as Barry not sure either. cheers thanks for your help

#1952 3 years ago

DP should put some placeholders in the firmware in case users want to install their own music - I guess there are now ca. 5 songs in the game?

#1953 3 years ago

Just installed .55 went in smooth took about 4 minutes in all. Looking forward to seeing the improvements!

#1954 3 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Just installed .55 went in smooth took about 4 minutes in all. Looking forward to seeing the improvements!

Did mine also. Easy peasy. How many LBs are on the market at this point approximately????

Time

#1955 3 years ago
Quoted from Time4akshun:

Did mine also. Easy peasy. How many LBs are on the market at this point approximately????
Time

On the market for sale? Looks like only one here. In existence? Probably around 300 now or so? Just a guess.

#1956 3 years ago

The lighting in the bowling alley is improved greatly with this code update. Much easier to see what's going on down there. Awesome update! Thanks dp

#1957 3 years ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

The lighting in the bowling alley is improved greatly with this code update. Much easier to see what's going on down there. Awesome update! Thanks dp

and here I was just thinking it was looking dimmer than usual. Wish we could choose to just have the alley lights white. The RGB leds are hard to see

#1958 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

As you wish. Not my best game but gives you an idea. Hope Youtube will not block is for the US

What is the “1 Issue” reported on the DMD at the end of the video?

#1959 3 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

What is the “1 Issue” reported on the DMD at the end of the video?

You need to check it out, the software now reports switch errors.

#1960 3 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

You need to check it out, the software now reports switch errors.

Yes, a great feature with a little restriction:
I got "spinner switch stuck closed" ... removed the glas, switchtest, moved the spner. Everything fine.
So the pin checks regularlöy the switches, if the switch is closed in this momenat it displays a error.
means ... not directly check switches, just play and wait if the eroor occurs after some games.

#1961 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I cant figure it out however put in a ticket as Barry not sure either. cheers thanks for your help

i have the same issue ....

#1962 3 years ago
Quoted from elmax75:

let me know if you figure it out. Need to bring a dongle and eternal key board home from office. The operating system is there the code is not?

#1963 3 years ago

One thing I recall some people saying about the game was that you couldn't really complete all the "modes" to advance to the final wizard. Has that changed with the update?

#1964 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

One thing I recall some people saying about the game was that you couldn't really complete all the "modes" to advance to the final wizard. Has that changed with the update?

As far as I know you can complete the modes but the end wizard is not programmed yet.

#1965 3 years ago

In regard to the failed updates. This is being investigated what is happening.

I made a small video which shows how you can revert back to the previous version, approx 1 minute mark.

See https://photos.app.goo.gl/XQHyXf86XMjkd9gN7

The version number mentioned in the Version file makes the TBL decide from which folder to boot. The run.log file is of interest for the programmer trying to determine what is going wrong.

#1966 3 years ago

Further more I made a small tutorial on explaining the new test report function. I can imagine this raises some questions.

See

Hope this explains enough. If not, let me know.

#1967 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

As far as I know you can complete the modes but the end wizard is not programmed yet.

Someone was telling me that the modes were VERY hard to complete. Has that been changed?

#1968 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Someone was telling me that the modes were VERY hard to complete. Has that been changed?

Don’t think so but these are settings you can adjust to your liking.

#1969 3 years ago

With the new code adjustments and extra ball options, some of the modes can be completed even by a poor player like me. I’ve had a few games where I’ve gotten through the car modes and rug modes. Maybe not both in the same game.

#1970 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Don’t think so but these are settings you can adjust to your liking.

There must be a challenge otherwise the pin would be boring after 3 weeks.
I tweaked my settings to make the game a little easier, I added ballsaver times, set down the limit to start "Nihilists Multiball" and raised the time to get "Mark It Zero" after it lits. So this gives a fair chance to get the first extraball.
I always play on this extraball but the saucer is not easy to hit.
MIZ is also in my opinion the best video mode, to see if Walter becomes more and more aggressiv ... love it !!

#1971 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

In regard to the failed updates. This is being investigated what is happening.
I made a small video which shows how you can revert back to the previous version, approx 1 minute mark.
See https://photos.app.goo.gl/XQHyXf86XMjkd9gN7
The version number mentioned in the Version file makes the TBL decide from which folder to boot. The run.log file is of interest for the programmer trying to determine what is going wrong.

Nice dude ! it works for me
Now i will waiting for a fixed 0.55 code

#1972 3 years ago

Has anyone modded a TBL to have a direct headphone jack?

#1973 3 years ago

There has been mention of modifying the code to replace music with the actual original sound tracks by the original artists. Does anyone have experience with that they are willing to share?

#1974 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

There has been mention of modifying the code to replace music with the actual original sound tracks by the original artists. Does anyone have experience with that they are willing to share?

pm sent

#1975 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

I know it sounds crazy but I dont notice the cover versions at all and I've seen the movie a hundred times. The music on my tbl is one of my favorite features. Not sure I would change it personally.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1976 3 years ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

I know it sounds crazy but I dont notice the cover versions at all and I've seen the movie a hundred times. The music on my tbl is one of my favorite features. Not sure I would change it personally.

?? You only change a instrumental version to the original version with voice ??
We did not convert it to death metall music

#1977 3 years ago

Hi all. As of yesterday I finally became an owner of TBL (non-EA, NIB, serial DP-01-00478)! I'm still getting used to the menus and what the games automatic testing warnings/errors mean. So far everything is working without issue, except for one thing. This test error keeps displaying almost every time I power up, but not 100% consistently:

"Bowling Release EOS Left (stuck closed)"

I've pulled up the PF and wiggled all of what I think are the "EOS" switches and I'm not seeing anything physically wrong/stuck. However, I may not be looking at the right place since I also don't know the exact switch/coil this error is referring to. I can't seem to find the answer in the online manual or by searching pinside. If it helps, the game came installed with software version 0.53 and the issue was right out of the box. I did update to 0.55 and that didn't change anything. I'm a newbie to this machine so if you have any ideas, please let me know. Thanks!

#1978 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

On the market for sale? Looks like only one here. In existence? Probably around 300 now or so? Just a guess.

Wow. Didn't know it was that low. Happy to own one!

Time

#1979 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Hi all. As of yesterday I finally became an owner of TBL (non-EA, NIB, serial DP-01-00478)! ....................

Quoted from Time4akshun:

Wow. Didn't know it was that low. Happy to own one!
Time

I think there are 478 normal Pins out and around 100 AE ... just my guess ...
How do the ARA games count ?

#1980 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Hi all. As of yesterday I finally became an owner of TBL (non-EA, NIB, serial DP-01-00478)! I'm still getting used to the menus and what the games automatic testing warnings/errors mean. So far everything is working without issue, except for one thing. This test error keeps displaying almost every time I power up, but not 100% consistently:
"Bowling Release EOS Left (stuck closed)"
I've pulled up the PF and wiggled all of what I think are the "EOS" switches and I'm not seeing anything physically wrong/stuck. However, I may not be looking at the right place since I also don't know the exact switch/coil this error is referring to. I can't seem to find the answer in the online manual or by searching pinside. If it helps, the game came installed with software version 0.53 and the issue was right out of the box. I did update to 0.55 and that didn't change anything. I'm a newbie to this machine so if you have any ideas, please let me know. Thanks!

You are looking at the wrong spot. This switch is under the bowling launcher in the bowling alley and more or less not visible. Does your launcher work?

See a faq I made on the bowling alley at https://www.dropbox.com/s/67awiniti5xg709/Bowling%20Alleys%20operations%20FAQ.pdf?dl=0

Let me know your findings.

Best is to ask this kind of questions in the tbl maintenance thread by the way. And ofcourse you can report them at [email protected].

#1981 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

You are looking at the wrong spot. This switch is under the bowling launcher in the bowling alley and more or less not visible. Does your launcher work?
See a faq I made on the bowling alley at https://www.dropbox.com/s/67awiniti5xg709/Bowling%20Alleys%20operations%20FAQ.pdf?dl=0
Let me know your findings.
Best is to ask this kind of questions in the tbl maintenance thread by the way. And ofcourse you can report them at [email protected].

Thank you for ALL of this info and that document. Yes the launcher is working. That's the odd thing, nothing physically has seemed wrong. Also today after a few power ups the error has not resurfaced. If it does again I'll bring this conversation to the maintenance topic. Thanks so much Rensh !

#1982 3 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

I think there are 478 normal Pins out and around 100 AE ... just my guess ...
How do the ARA games count ?

Original post....

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/35#post-6102118

Updated.....

If I recall correctly ~50 EA original ARA games were built (& were now up #63 EAs). The next 40 ARA were held hostage.
(I received one of the 40 ARA hostage games.) FYI - Barry took these 40 hostage games and opened the boxes took off the EA #s and assigned new serial numbers. Mine was 324 I believe. I think he must have started the new numbers at 300 (maybe because of the numbers of EAs being less than 200). Ok let’s use 314 as stated (some people think he started with 314).

So my math says ~63 EAs got them so far and new blood is 164 (478 latest serial # minus 314 start serial # = 164 new blood has their machines.)

Total 217 (53 + 164). Maybe 231 if non EA games started at serial # 300.

#1983 3 years ago

Any chance you could fire me off the same message? Thanks!

#1984 3 years ago

Can’t get my machine to take the .55 code. Dowloaded it three different times and used three different USB drives (2.0 and 3.0) and no dice. Dropped the whole unopened folder into the drives which have no other updates or other files on it, using the USB port in front like advised which usually connects to the sound board. Upgrading from .51 and using a Mac. I have updated tons of game in the past and this has me stumped. I press the button to update from the USB prompt and it says “reading USB” for a millisecond and then...nothing. Anyone have any ideas?

#1985 3 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Can’t get my machine to take the .55 code. Dowloaded it three different times and used three different USB drives (2.0 and 3.0) and no dice. Dropped the whole unopened folder into the drives which have no other updates or other files on it, using the USB port in front like advised which usually connects to the sound board. Upgrading from .51 and using a Mac. I have updated tons of game in the past and this has me stumped. I press the button to update from the USB prompt and it says “reading USB” for a millisecond and then...nothing. Anyone have any ideas?

What file system format are you using? Did you use disk utility to format the usb drives before copying the zip over?

#1986 3 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

What file system format are you using? Did you use disk utility to format the usb drives before copying the zip over?

Fat32 on all 3 drives. The drives came pre-formatted I thought? I’ve never run a disk utility on them in the past as I thought as long as they were Fat 32 formatted they were good to go?

#1987 3 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

You state the whole unopened folder, are you sure it’s still zipped ?? Some computer auto unzip it.

Than you can try ofcourse several of the USB ports. The two on the left are usb3, on the right are usb2. You can take out for instance the audio usb of place is. Ended as it’s not needed during update anyway.

#1988 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

You state the whole unopened folder, are you sure it’s still zipped ?? Some computer auto unzip it.
Than you can try ofcourse several of the USB ports. The two on the left are usb3, on the right are usb2. You can take out for instance the audio usb of place is. Ended as it’s not needed during update anyway.

Yes, I had this problem. Barry said make sure it’s still zipped. See a zipper on the folder. I recommend use a Mac or disable auto unzip.

#1989 3 years ago
Quoted from elmax75:

If you need help let me know as Barry and Koen took me through. Went back to 0.51 using an external keyboard and dongle, deleted 0.55 and re installed. Same stick same zipped file and for some reason this time was no problem. weird right? Talk about an improvement in code and play! Did anyone else notice decrease in volume over all or is it just because I am going deaf from my GnR lol

#1990 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Boom! Thanks guys. Was using my sons laptop and didn’t realize it was auto unzipping files. All good now.

#1991 3 years ago

Mine just reads P3-ROC NOT FOUND and won't allow me to enter the menu for update. Is there an issue with my USB? It lights up like it's being read?

#1992 3 years ago

Probably one of the USB plugs on the port side of the PC is loose.
One goes to the sound card and the other to the P3-Roc.
Check it out

#1993 3 years ago
Quoted from Svente69:

Probably one of the USB plugs on the port side of the PC is loose.
One goes to the sound card and the other to the P3-Roc.
Check it out

Thanks Svente69. I've been disconnecting the USB for the Proc to do the update because that's the port indicated on the website photo instructions. Clearly, it needs to remain installed there. What port am I supposed to insert the Usb into? I can't seem to get the game to find it when I put it anywhere...

#1994 3 years ago
Quoted from Tkaye:

Thanks Svente69. I've been disconnecting the USB for the Proc to do the update because that's the port indicated on the website photo instructions. Clearly, it needs to remain installed there. What port am I supposed to insert the Usb into? I can't seem to get the game to find it when I put it anywhere...

If the update is not seen very likely your file is no longer zipped. It has to remain zipped as downloaded. There are completes which do auto unzip after download, so make sure it’s still zipped as per the instructions on the website.

#1995 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

If the update is not seen very likely your file is no longer zipped. It has to remain zipped as downloaded. There are completes which do auto unzip after download, so make sure it’s still zipped as per the instructions on the website.

Correct again Rens! Thank you. We now have new code installed...

#1996 3 years ago

PSA: Don't put the rug on the floor if you have cats. This was barely 10 secs after I heard the plucking. My cat Lucy easily pulled the stuffing out from below. Cats....

PXL_20210416_223434016 (resized).jpgPXL_20210416_223434016 (resized).jpg
#1997 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

PSA: Don't put the rug on the floor if you have cats. This was barely 10 secs after I heard the plucking. My cat Lucy easily pulled the stuffing out from below. Cats....
[quoted image]

This rug is a wall hanger for sure.
People already identified an Amazon replacement.

#1998 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

This rug is a wall hanger for sure.
People already identified an Amazon replacement.

I always cover the standing end of the TBL rug with the anti-fatigue mat* I typically play with and it has protected and kept it in great shape so far!

* https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=144

(GREAT pinball mat! I have no connection to Titan.)

#1999 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

[quoted image]

Ohoh .. this is the reason why my rug is on the wall with a pinball glas leaning on it
Therefor I have a 100 Dollar TBL rug under the pin. If this is destroyed ... shit happens ...

You can give the rug to the cats and order a new one , it is not so expensive, i thing 130 Euro around.

#2000 3 years ago

I'd like to add a trough light from Comet Pinball to my TBL. I typically alligator clip onto a GI in other games but TBL is surface mount. Any tips on where to tap without soldering?

https://www.cometpinball.com/products/lighting-strips

Time

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 22.50
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 210.00
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,311 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 147.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.