306EEAE0-3153-4EED-ACCB-6415364DB7C9 (resized).jpeg
FE5875DF-3A58-41A5-8AA4-CE861E460F91 (resized).jpeg
542B141D-3FA2-4C94-8BFD-71AD18D658C2 (resized).jpeg
54F6AE7F-C828-4DE5-89E8-847C051681D7 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7069 (resized).png
IMG_2193 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240315_104555_Gallery (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,141 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 143.
#101 4 years ago

ill pm the link i have to people that pm me until theres something more official.. i think its tied to my email address so dont want to post it here

#102 4 years ago

Awesome seeing these out there!

#103 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

ill pm the link i have to people that pm me until theres something more official.. i think its tied to my email address so dont want to post it here

Thanks!

#104 4 years ago

Anyone know of or making custom rule cards?

#105 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Also did they install this fix too? Someone asked about this on front page.

Yes, that's how it arrived.

#106 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Coindropper has been on a roll in a number of forums.

Assume these cards are same size as Stern machine?

#107 4 years ago

FYI just got done speaking to CT about the code, as I had asked for the unreleased one and Melissa was promised it would be released. She told me that for all of us about to receive a game. A paper has been placed inside the box that includes a link to be able to download the most recent unreleased code! Don’t throw it out!

#108 4 years ago

Anyone in the second batch get shipping info yet?

#109 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

coindropper has been on a roll in a number of forums.
Assume these cards are same size as Stern machine?

Can someone confirm the dimensions, Coindropper is willing to help??

Are these same as Stern size?

#110 4 years ago
Quoted from getadam:

And yes, there's a rug. But my guy says “appears to be urine stained”

Love it! Maybe a new “Rug Pissers Edition” plaque is in order.

#111 4 years ago

The dude came today. He was expected on Monday but arrived promptly this afternoon. Very out of character for the dude.

Only a couple issues out the box. Sub woofer was just dangling by the ground braid in the cabinet and chrome lockbar/armor was pretty scuffed up.

I got a few games on it and so far everything seems to be good.

Just want to add- best of luck to all the original EA's, hope you get your games. Sorry DP fucked you in the ass.

20190816_125749 (resized).jpg20190816_125749 (resized).jpg20190816_141645 (resized).jpg20190816_141645 (resized).jpg20190816_125400 (resized).jpg20190816_125400 (resized).jpg20190816_130603 (resized).jpg20190816_130603 (resized).jpg20190816_142500 (resized).jpg20190816_142500 (resized).jpg20190816_130939 (resized).jpg20190816_130939 (resized).jpg20190816_141731 (resized).jpg20190816_141731 (resized).jpg
#112 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Love it! Maybe a new “Rug Pissers Edition” plaque is in order.

I vote for the 40 released hostage games to be called “nihilist” editions

#113 4 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

I vote for the 40 released hostage games to be called “nihilist” editions

Haha yes

#114 4 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

FYI just got done speaking to CT about the code, as I had asked for the unreleased one and Melissa was promised it would be released. She told me that for all of us about to receive a game. A paper has been placed inside the box that includes a link to be able to download the most recent unreleased code! Don’t throw it out!

If anyone could share the link to the code I’d really appreciate it. I wish I could say that I’m surprised that it’s being shared with CT buyers before the rest of us.

#115 4 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

If anyone could share the link to the code I’d really appreciate it. I wish I could say that I’m surprised that it’s being shared with CT buyers before the rest of us.

I am assuming the code is given to you once you register your game. This letter was in the "Important Information - Read Me" envelope found inside the box.

20190816_164452 (resized).jpg20190816_164452 (resized).jpg
#116 4 years ago

I’d guess the new owners will be getter the 0.48 that you are running. Nothing new. You think Koen would come back and program a new version for free ? The first owner said his game was running 0.45

Quoted from JustLikeMe:

#117 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I’d guess the new owners will be getter the 0.48 that you are running. Nothing new. You think Koen would come back and program a new version for free ? The first owner said his game was running 0.45

Instead of for free all owners should get together and pay for updated code.

#118 4 years ago

I’ll bet Barry is flooded with emails from previous owners. I know I’ll be pinging him!

#119 4 years ago

Lets get that Led doobie mod
Zig zag mod etc going !

The dudes not complete with out a jay

#120 4 years ago

This pinball without a Jay will not stand !

#121 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

This pinball without a Jay will not stand !

Would be cool if the lit end had a led that pulsed yellow, amber and red.

Mind if I do a J?

DZE8G9FUMAANDad (resized).jpgDZE8G9FUMAANDad (resized).jpg
#122 4 years ago

I owe you a beverage!
Grabbed one from Home Depot !
I really wanted the original under the game but my wife’s rescue dog
Pees on everything !
And that’s the truth

#123 4 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

I’ll bet Barry is flooded with emails from previous owners. I know I’ll be pinging him!

Pretty sure his email is set to "Holiday".

#124 4 years ago

We are suppose to be receiving the unreleased code. Not .48 or whatever. There was a code made supposedly for the Chinese games that wasn’t released yet. Please ask Barry for it. Melissa was told it was on a link with a paper in the box. That paper above doesn’t appear to be it.

#125 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

I owe you a beverage!
Grabbed one from Home Depot !
I really wanted the original under the game but my wife’s rescue dog
Pees on everything !
And that’s the truth

Make it a White Russian of course

#126 4 years ago

I was reading about the Chinese prototype dp made and koen said he needed to make some adjustments and changes to the software for it to work on the chinese game. There is no guarantee the new code will work on the games made 3 years ago. Just get the last .48 release and you’ll have something we’ll tested

We are suppose to be receiving the unreleased code. Not .48 or whatever. There was a code made supposedly for the Chinese games that wasn’t released yet. Please ask Barry for it. Melissa was told it was on a link with a paper in the box. That paper above doesn’t appear to be it.

#127 4 years ago

Played for about an hour last night and there seems to be plenty to do. Don't know the deeper rules yet.

I'd appreciate input on ...
The only issue I'm concerned about is the lower flipper coils heating up to the point of making them noticeably weaker on ramp shots.
I adjusted the flipper opto bds by shimming the top a bit for the interrupters to go deeper (minimizing light leakage)
This seems to have made it a bit better.
Other ideas on this ...
Not sure that introducing fans on the coils is truly helpful but I would like to hear experiences.
Are there software settings for flipper strength that others have experimented with?
I see that the coils are RED 11630 ... has anyone swapped these for orange or maybe the left one for BLUE? Don't want too strong.

Otherwise...
Love the strategy of holding off on left saucer until you collect as many characters as you can.
Multiple characters make multiball much more interesting!

Love the timeout feature of MARK IT ZERO shot to the saucer... a very subtle hurry-up

The bowling feature is way cool and unique! Much more interesting than I anticipated.

#128 4 years ago
Quoted from WannaPinball:

Played for about an hour last night and there seems to be plenty to do. Don't know the deeper rules yet.
The only issue I'm concerned about is the lower flipper coils heating up to the point of making them noticeably weaker on ramp shots.
I adjusted the flipper opto bds by shimming the top a bit for the interrupters to go deeper (minimizing light leakage)
Other ideas on this ...
Not sure that introducing fans on the coils is truly helpful but I would like to hear experiences.
Are there software settings for flipper strength that others have experimented with?
I see that the coils are RED 11630 ... has anyone swapped these for orange or maybe the left one for BLUE? Don't want too strong.
Otherwise...
Love the strategy of holding off on left saucer until you collect as many characters as you can.
Love the timeout feature of MARK IT ZERO shot to the saucer... a very subtle hurry-up
The bowling feature is way cool and unique! Much more interesting than I anticipated.

Wonder if you can put LOTR flipper coils on it

#129 4 years ago

Other ideas on this ...
Otherwise...

I’m not sure if this is relevant to your situation, but not long after I received my machine back in 2016 DP sent replacement flipper coils out to all owners because the ones installed from the factory were incorrect. This may have been fixed on later games, but I have no problems making ramp shots even during long games.

As far as the rule go - there isn’t a great deal of strategy etc, but collecting bowling balls for specific characters doubles their jackpot shots in multiball. This video does a good job of explaining the nuances of the rules:

#130 4 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

I’m not sure if this is relevant to your situation, but not long after I received my machine back in 2016 DP sent replacement flipper coils out to all owners because the ones installed from the factory were incorrect. This may have been fixed on later games, but I have no problems making ramp shots even during long games.
As far as the rule go - there isn’t a great deal of strategy etc, but collecting bowling balls for specific characters doubles their jackpot shots in multiball. This video does a good job of explaining the nuances of the rules:

Mind taking a picture of them?

#131 4 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

What were the replacements sent?

#132 4 years ago

Other ideas on this ...
Otherwise...

In terms of red, blue etc in coils, can someone tell me a strength to color map. Lol I don’t know which is strongest to weakest.

#133 4 years ago

Mind taking a picture of them?

Sure, no problem. I’m out of town for the weekend but will do tomorrow night when I get home.

#134 4 years ago

DHL is delivering my game on Monday
Anyone get a call or a heads up on time ?

#135 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

DHL is delivering my game on Monday
Anyone get a call or a heads up on time ?

DHL called me yesterday at 9am asking if they could deliver at 12pm that day. I also recieved text confirmation from them as well.

#136 4 years ago

My game shipped in the second container back in Nov '16 and they never said anything about changing the flipper coils out. I also haven't noticed any issues whatsoever with them.

Since folks are talking about plans and communal support, let me suggest this: Someone in Cali should reach out to Cliffy. The game could really use ramp protectors and a better Cliffy for the scoop. The stainless protector DP installed for the scoop has started to warp on my machine and it's just going to get worse. I talked to Cliffy and he confirmed they aren't his. He would need access to a machine to make an assessment, that's why if an owner in Cali could reach out to him it'd help the entire community in the long run.

Quoted from WolfManCat:

The dude came today. ... the chrome lockbar/armor was pretty scuffed up.

I'm told that the side armor is polished stainless steel, not chrome, so if that's the case you may be able to polish the blemishes out if you have the right tools, or know someone that does.

I saw a couple of comments along these lines. First off, the instruction cards ARE NOT the same size as Sterns. They are larger. They are also already 'custom' as in they aren't just words on a plain white/yellow background. So maybe this isn't terribly urgent. See pics below for size comparison.
IMG_20190817_103520 (resized).jpgIMG_20190817_103520 (resized).jpgIMG_20190817_103553 (resized).jpgIMG_20190817_103553 (resized).jpg

#137 4 years ago

Supposedly link to the new code

Screenshot_20190817-124418_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190817-124418_Chrome (resized).jpg
#138 4 years ago

Well I got it from Barry himself so I suppose it is!

#139 4 years ago

Supposedly link to the new code

http://www.dutchpinball.com/the_big_lebowski_pinball_software.php

That's the 0.48 release. Perfect.

#140 4 years ago

note, you can adjust coil power so try that first

#141 4 years ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

Since folks are talking about plans and communal support, let me suggest this: Someone in Cali should reach out to Cliffy. The game could really use ramp protectors and a better Cliffy for the scoop. The stainless protector DP installed for the scoop has started to warp on my machine and it's just going to get worse. I talked to Cliffy and he confirmed they aren't his. He would need access to a machine to make an assessment, that's why if an owner in Cali could reach out to him it'd help the entire community in the long run.

Cliffy needs these measurements for the shooter lane protector if an owner could get those to him. I don’t have one. He has a scoop protector already. And universal slot switch protectors work.

324DECFE-C35D-4196-8295-A45490B9E280 (resized).jpeg324DECFE-C35D-4196-8295-A45490B9E280 (resized).jpeg
#142 4 years ago

.48 is a big update! Just curious. If we were to open a fund, would it be possible to contact the coder to have him provide us with an even newer code update he could create? I mean even 10 bucks a person time 90 is 900 bucks. Or 20 a person is 1800.... seems like people would kill for it.

#143 4 years ago

.48 is a big update! Just curious. If we were to open a fund, would it be possible to contact the coder to have him provide us with an even newer code update he could create? I mean even 10 bucks a person time 90 is 900 bucks. Or 20 a person is 1800.... seems like people would kill for it.

id wait till DP is totally out of business before getting into all that. also, legal issues. also, software engineers are highly paid

#144 4 years ago

0.49 is in the works- few bugs to sort out first

#145 4 years ago

Do the Nihlist Edition games still have the tip and tell on the box.. so you can tell if it was knocked over in shipping... Her was my EA #19 box you can see the tip & tell indicator on the bottom.

550A7573-2B0C-43EE-96B5-DD12517FC618 (resized).png550A7573-2B0C-43EE-96B5-DD12517FC618 (resized).png
#146 4 years ago

Got my game up and running just fine. Only 2 issues.

1. .48 UPDATE: Game won't recognize the USB stick. According to the DP website, I installed the zip file onto the root director of the flash drive no problem. But when I go to USB update, it flashes "reading usb" for a second before disappearing

2. Audio: When I removed the back glass I bumped something that killed the audio completely. Checked connectors all seems to be seated.. not sure what I may have accidentally done?

#147 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Got my game up and running just fine. Only 2 issues.
1. .48 UPDATE: Game won't recognize the USB stick. According to the DP website, I installed the zip file onto the root director of the flash drive no problem. But when I go to USB update, it flashes "reading usb" for a second before disappearing
2. Audio: When I removed the back glass I bumped something that killed the audio completely. Checked connectors all seems to be seated.. not sure what I may have accidentally done?

1. Try a different stick. Like with the JJP’s it likely can’t be under or above a certain size stick.

#148 4 years ago

1. Try a different stick. Like with the JJP’s it likely can’t be under or above a certain size stick.

Thanks. Does it matter what format the drive is? I'm using Mac OS Extended Journaled.

#149 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Thanks. Does it matter what format the drive is? I'm using Mac OS Extended Journaled.

Not sure on that one mate. May have to be from windows also. I really don’t know. Never used apple product for code updates

#150 4 years ago

Not sure on that one mate. May have to be from windows also. I really don’t know. Never used apple product for code updates

Nah I was using Macs exclusively back in the early days of owning TBL and had no issues updating the code.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC
Shooter rods
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
There are 7,141 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 143.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/3?hl=getadam and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.