FE5875DF-3A58-41A5-8AA4-CE861E460F91 (resized).jpeg
542B141D-3FA2-4C94-8BFD-71AD18D658C2 (resized).jpeg
54F6AE7F-C828-4DE5-89E8-847C051681D7 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7069 (resized).png
IMG_2193 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240315_104555_Gallery (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240314_182255_Gallery (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,138 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 143.
#1901 2 years ago
Quoted from Ry4bo:

2. About half the time the game is turned on it will do a fast clicking noise for a few mins.?

I've had this happen recently too, no idea what it is?! Been meaning to look into it.

#1902 2 years ago
Quoted from Ry4bo:

I have had my TBL for a few months and I was seeing if anyone else has experienced these three issues. 1. The game will freeze up (stops registering shots) when the left light look target is hit on occasion. This appears to happen the first game if it hasn't been on for a long time. 2. About half the time the game is turned on it will do a fast clicking noise for a few mins.? 3. The ball return coil in the bowling alley lost some power and is not getting all the way up to the ball release. Any fixes or suggestion would be great.

Dang all these of these sound like a power issue. I don't know the game that well nor do I own it myself (yet) but I'm wondering if all three aren't somehow tied to the same issue?

#1903 2 years ago
Quoted from Ry4bo:

I have had my TBL for a few months and I was seeing if anyone else has experienced these three issues. 1. The game will freeze up (stops registering shots) when the left light look target is hit on occasion. This appears to happen the first game if it hasn't been on for a long time. 2. About half the time the game is turned on it will do a fast clicking noise for a few mins.? 3. The ball return coil in the bowling alley lost some power and is not getting all the way up to the ball release. Any fixes or suggestion would be great.

I’ve had the first game issue also affecting the switches registering. I go into the switch test and certain rollovers do not register but all of a sudden it works then all is fine after pressing them over and over. Hopefully someone knows what this is. As stated above it’s when powering the first time after being off a long time.

#1904 2 years ago

I recommend using a quality Phillips powerbar to plug into. Clean power is always recommended.
I also notice the roll overs spelling MAUDE do not all work I think likely if machine hasn’t been used for awhile. Rensh recommended to switch to a different rollover switch for letters spelling MAUDE but this could be a power issue? Rensh, will the new code update address these common issues owners are having?

#1905 2 years ago

What I am suspecting is that there is one or more stuck switches causing this issue. I have seen weird behavior because of this.

This is the reason 054 firmware release hasn’t happened and it will be rel 055 to be released this or next week. In rel 055 there is a switch test integrated checking stuck and unused switches when booting or entering the testmenu. Customer will now see a warning if something is noted so at least we know this is the case.

09FB357D-0623-4E9F-B369-08FD1C0B427F (resized).png09FB357D-0623-4E9F-B369-08FD1C0B427F (resized).png2239C742-FABE-45A5-8ACD-E97AA1287D34 (resized).png2239C742-FABE-45A5-8ACD-E97AA1287D34 (resized).pngB6BFDD81-0BF6-4004-A6BC-53536D562251 (resized).pngB6BFDD81-0BF6-4004-A6BC-53536D562251 (resized).png
#1906 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

What I am suspecting is that there is one or more stuck switches causing this issue. I have seen weird behavior because of this.
This is the reason 054 firmware release hasn’t happened and it will be rel 055 to be released this or next week. In rel 055 there is a switch test integrated checking stuck and unused switches when booting or entering the testmenu. Customer will now see a warning if something is noted so at least we know this is the case.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This warning is going to be very helpful in diagnosing easy fixes. Thank you, to you and Koen!

#1907 2 years ago

It’s not only a visual warning but also audio in Lebowski style ofcourse

Koen is the man. There are three quotes of which one is random picked

See

https://photos.app.goo.gl/s12R56Tq7KwPo1mv7

#1908 2 years ago

Hey All,

New owner here. Thanks for the thread. Quick question. My audio bit sounds good but at louder levels can be a bit distorted. My game is from the latest build. #428 Something I need to tweak?? Also, is the sub meant to simulate a shaker?

Time

#1909 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

See

This is fantastic. Added value and depth to the game and very much on-theme! Really excited to get the new code in hand!!! I’ve been purposefully NOT playing my game waiting for the new code!

#1910 2 years ago

Why? enjoy it for what it is, until its better!

Quoted from Dkjimbo:

This is fantastic. Added value and depth to the game and very much on-theme! Really excited to get the new code in hand!!! I’ve been purposefully NOT playing my game waiting for the new code!

#1911 2 years ago

Manual is finally available for download. Manual is mainly explanation testmenu and gamerules at the moment.

It’s meant for code 054 where code released will be 055. But don’t wanna delay it any longer. A manual for rel 055 will follow ASAP. Software always outruns the manual

Normal res:
https://www.dutchpinball.com/files/manuals/Dutch_Pinball_2021_The_Big_Lebowski_Pinball_Manual.pdf

High res:
https://www.dutchpinball.com/files/manuals/Dutch_Pinball_2021_The_Big_Lebowski_Pinball_Manual_HIRES.pdf

#1912 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Manual is finally available for download. Manual is mainly explanation testmenu and gamerules at the moment.
It’s meant for code 054 where code released will be 055. But don’t wanna delay it any longer. A manual for rel 055 will follow ASAP. Software always outruns the manual
Normal res:
https://www.dutchpinball.com/files/manuals/Dutch_Pinball_2021_The_Big_Lebowski_Pinball_Manual.pdf
High res:
https://www.dutchpinball.com/files/manuals/Dutch_Pinball_2021_The_Big_Lebowski_Pinball_Manual_HIRES.pdf

I have the game on order but I've purposely not been watching a lot of streams so that I can be surprised when I finally play it. I just peaked at the manual and the only thing I saw was about profiles! COOL! So it'll keep track of all my progress, I did not know that!

I wish other pins did this.

#1913 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

See

sooo nice, - love it!

#1914 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Normal res:
High res:

This really came out nice. I learned a few more things reading it. Thanks

#1915 2 years ago

So excited for 0.55v code. Where's the beta tester's signup?

#1916 2 years ago

Excellent manual!!! All it needs is wiring schematics and a parts list / Bill of Materials

#1917 2 years ago

I assume .55 will include the code for the lighted apron?

#1918 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I assume .55 will include the code for the lighted apron?

052 is 051 plus code lighted apron
053 is 052 plus code for new board set

Play wise there are no differences I think.

#1919 2 years ago

I installed Rocket City Pinball's (@skyking2301) bowling pin posts in a few spots on The Big Lebowski Here's what it looks like:

Before vs AfterBefore vs After
Close UpClose Up
The fit is a bit tight on TBL, I had to press them into the rods with a small amount of forceThe fit is a bit tight on TBL, I had to press them into the rods with a small amount of force
Full viewFull view

thoughts:

I might get some clear rubber for the posts below the White Russian. Its a little hard to see what they are when the posts are that close to the player. The posts do block a little light vs the original transparent ones but its no issue in the location I installed these. For these reasons though, I won't be replacing the orange posts under the slings.

The posts are pretty high quality, definitely better than I would expect from a 3D printed post. I can't tell its a 3D print when they're installed and they're smooth all around. Definitely worth the $3 IMO.

The two posts in the rear are larger than what TBL comes stock. I played a few games and I couldn't find any play difference. The wider posts work just in this location. In fact, I think it might cover the front edge of the Donny metal guide rail even better.

If this is your style, I recommend them

#1920 2 years ago
Quoted from Time:

I installed Rocket City Pinball's (SkyKing2301) bowling pin posts in a few spots on The Big Lebowski

Thanks so much for the honest review! These are available via my website (https://rocketcitypinball.com) or here in my Pinside shop (https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/04956-bowling-pin-posts). I think they look great (though I'm biased)

646747cda396570d74f6cd8d75326a41909a6ecd (resized).jpg646747cda396570d74f6cd8d75326a41909a6ecd (resized).jpg71baa79b79432b0afc798f4dacc2c432a0e35f64 (resized).jpg71baa79b79432b0afc798f4dacc2c432a0e35f64 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#1921 2 years ago

Anyone tried the new code update? Looks like tons of fixes and code improvements. Looking forward to hearing everyones feedback.

#1922 2 years ago

Huge code update!!!!!!! Going to install tonight Andie play! Cant wait!

#1923 2 years ago

Yes ... many many things !
Thanks Dutch Pinball !!

#1924 2 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Huge code update!!!!!!! Going to install tonight Andie play! Cant wait!

How did you know this, is there an e-mail or something sent out?

#1925 2 years ago

Take your time .... if Rens from DP support realize that pinside is online again he will send the link.
It is on the DP homepage but I will not spoiler ! On the german forums the announcement is done but pinside was down as you remember ..

RENS ..... they need you !!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1927 2 years ago

Dear fellow Dude,

It is with pleasure that we announce not only the first release of an Operation manual for your TBL but also the release of a long-awaited new release software for your TBL: version 0.55.

Both can be found at the Lebowski page on the Dutch Pinball website: https://www.dutchpinball.com/the_big_lebowski_pinball
This software update adds Extra Ball opportunities, Bonus Multipliers, Nihilist Showdown add-a-ball and various other improvements in rules, diagnostics, visuals, audio and toys.

Both the manual and software show the dedication from DP to make your beloved TBL even better and support it to the best way possible. We fully realize it has been a long journey, but these are two important steps on this journey. And this journey hasn’t ended with these two releases!

The manual on the website is for rel 0.54 and will be upgraded soon to fully match software release 0.55. Most important difference is an added switch test which I explain in a switch FAQ which can be seen at : https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9x448ip0ib4shvq/AAACf-gf-VRBhe9f69kmL8wAa?dl=0

Enjoy, stay healthy and have a good weekend !

Kind regards,

Rens
Dutch Pinball Support

#1928 2 years ago

Didn’t know till few minutes ago pinside was up again.

Used was DP Facebook, German forum (used above text) and I emailed everybody I know from support issues.

So, enjoy and see this as a good sign DP is committed to support TBL and keep building them AND delivering EA

#1929 2 years ago

New owner here, EA #64.

#1930 2 years ago

The one thing this game desperately needed was an updated code. Well done dp!

Does anyone have a stream going? I want to see some of it.

#1931 2 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

I don’t have a streaming rig but just played 10 games or so.

Polish, polish and more shiny polish! Love the updates! Gameplay is a little deeper (with extra balls coded in and add-a-ball for nihilist mode, etc) but the biggest benefits here to me is all the new polish. Some new light shows, callouts, clever use of lights to attract your attention, new screen graphics and animations, easier to follow your progress on screen during gameplay, new diagnostic tools and settings within the menus, tweaks to the scoring and multipliers, bowling alley tweaks (love the new lighting there too) This is a really great step in the right direction.

Can’t wait to see what they come up with next!!

#1932 2 years ago

Well done to both Koen and Rens! Manual and new code are both outstanding.

#1933 2 years ago

Joined the club 2 days ago and am greeted with a code update! It’s funny because I have a knack for selling games and the code that I was waiting for for 2 years always drops two days later. Cheers!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1934 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Joined the club 2 days ago and am greeted with a code update! It’s funny because I have a knack for selling games and the code that I was waiting for for 2 years always drops two days later. Cheers!
[quoted image]

I have a magic touch regarding code updates myself as I have a GB and POTC. (Yes well, the GB update-curse was finally lifted, but it took like 2 years or so...)

#1935 2 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

As you wish. Not my best game but gives you an idea. Hope Youtube will not block is for the US

#1936 2 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

I don’t have a streaming rig but just played 10 games or so.
Polish, polish and more shiny polish! Love the updates! Gameplay is a little deeper (with extra balls coded in and add-a-ball for nihilist mode, etc) but the biggest benefits here to me is all the new polish. Some new light shows, callouts, clever use of lights to attract your attention, new screen graphics and animations, easier to follow your progress on screen during gameplay, new diagnostic tools and settings within the menus, tweaks to the scoring and multipliers, bowling alley tweaks (love the new lighting there too) This is a really great step in the right direction.
Can’t wait to see what they come up with next!!

This is a very good sign for the game and dp in general. Very well done. Thank you for this detailed description.

Quoted from Rensh:

As you wish. Not my best game but gives you an idea. Hope Youtube will not block is for the US

It worked, yes. Thank you!

#1937 2 years ago

With the new code we haven’t run into any of the previous bugs yet although I still haven’t gotten an extra ball... LOL

Jeff

#1938 2 years ago

My game just bricked downloading .55. Just an FYI before downloading. Everything went as it was suppose to and when selected .55 and pushed volume "yes" button it did not reboot the game it just went into this screen

20210411_104831.jpg20210411_104831.jpg
#1939 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

My game just bricked downloading .55. Just an FYI before downloading. Everything went as it was suppose to and when selected .55 and pushed volume "yes" button it did not reboot the game it just went into this screen
[quoted image]

Power off game. Take usb stick out and then power on game.

What happens now?

#1940 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Power off game. Take usb stick out and then power on game.
What happens now?

same, goes to the screen I posted and have 0 control with the inside buttons

#1941 2 years ago

I do get this wifi available message just before the pic of the screen i took but only lasts for about 2 to 3 seconds and disappears which leaves me the same screen as in pic I posted.

#1942 2 years ago

also tried booting up with the stick installed however nothing changed

#1943 2 years ago

The picture is totally out of proportion and can’t read the text in display unfortunately.

What does it say? Is it possible to post a better picture or is Pinside not working properly?

#1944 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

With the new code we haven’t run into any of the previous bugs yet although I still haven’t gotten an extra ball... LOL
Jeff

It’s coded

Easiest way is via three Mark it zeros. Completing 3 rug modes is much more challenging

#1945 2 years ago

Some more random gameplay can be seen at

First game went reasonable well, after that it went down hill fast

#1946 2 years ago

Do you see what happens Larry?
Do you see what happens when DP drops code for the first time in four years Larry?

PXL_20210411_152250562 (resized).jpgPXL_20210411_152250562 (resized).jpgPXL_20210411_153700414 (resized).jpgPXL_20210411_153700414 (resized).jpg
#1947 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I do get this wifi available message just before the pic of the screen i took but only lasts for about 2 to 3 seconds and disappears which leaves me the same screen as in pic I posted.

Take the usb Wi-Fi dongle out. Plugged into top of motherboard.

Need a clearer picture of screen.

Also, if you are handy hookup an external keyboard and monitor to read the screen then.

#1948 2 years ago

This is all, the lettering on left says Ubunty Desktop

20210411_114423 (resized).jpg20210411_114423 (resized).jpg
#1949 2 years ago

If take dongle out just says no wifi available and that just dissapears after a few seconds

#1950 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

This is all, the lettering on left says Ubunty Desktop
[quoted image]

Well the good news is it loads operating system Ubuntu.

Not sure why TBL app is not loading...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods
Toys/Add-ons
There are 7,138 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 143.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/39?hl=dkjimbo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.