flipper position (3) (resized).jpeg
IMG_6626 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_archive_792_848601.jpg
Pinside_forum_7890198_0.jpg
Pinside_archive_876_2670498.jpg
IMG_0049 (resized).jpg
IMG_2632.gif

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,285 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 146.
#1851 3 years ago

Here you go, a complete overview of a fresh built. I find the TBL also a nice picture from below. Very tidy.

234A53D9-A790-4B98-8CCA-7F91964832E7.jpeg234A53D9-A790-4B98-8CCA-7F91964832E7.jpeg
#1852 3 years ago

Can a physical knocker or shaker be added to TBL?

Thanks,
Jeff

#1853 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Can a physical knocker or shaker be added to TBL?
Thanks,
Jeff

Not supported by software.

You could wire up something to a flasher? Can imagine it would be nice if you hit the car a shaker would fire but for the rest it’s not really a shaker pin I think.

#1854 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Not supported by software.
You could wire up something to a flasher? Can imagine it would be nice if you hit the car a shaker would fire but for the rest it’s not really a shaker pin I think.

That's the exact use case I was thinking of so far as a shaker goes...

Jeff

#1855 3 years ago

Does the car have it's own switch or when you strike the car you are activating the two standup targets behind it?

#1856 3 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Does the car have it's own switch or when you strike the car you are activating the two standup targets behind it?

Activating the standups behind the car.

#1857 3 years ago

Maybe this has been covered in the previous 37 pages but has anyone had this problem. Shoot the ball in the rug hole and machine doesn’t recognize it there doesn’t shoot it out no ball search so you have to turn off the game then on reboot it kicks it out. It’s doing it every few games. Any help appreciated. Thank you.

#1858 3 years ago

Sounds like a switch issue. Next time when it happens activate switch test and see if the switch in the scoop is active. Think it needs some minor te adjusting.

In coming firmware release the ball search is quicker active.

This kind of questions better put in the TBL maintenance thread.

#1859 3 years ago
Quoted from pin15:

Maybe this has been covered in the previous 37 pages but has anyone had this problem. Shoot the ball in the rug hole and machine doesn’t recognize it there doesn’t shoot it out no ball search so you have to turn off the game then on reboot it kicks it out. It’s doing it every few games. Any help appreciated. Thank you.

I get a ball search every time. It’s not the fastest activating ball search but it works however in this case which I recently had issue for mine the exact same thing all I did was flip the playfield up, where the ball goes in the rug hole and it’s supposed to come out there’s a switch. I simply adjusted the switch after Rensh said it’s likely a switch adjustment. I bent the metal on the switch up out the hole direction so it’s more sensitive to the ball. Amen the switch works every time. Hope that works for you.

#1860 3 years ago

A few cool mods installed for my new to me Lebowski. Thanks cpr9999 Keep em’ coming!

086ABD8E-EA10-459D-A89C-B9758F877DF9 (resized).jpeg086ABD8E-EA10-459D-A89C-B9758F877DF9 (resized).jpeg38A9E73B-1AC5-49A4-B056-E72D507DBD3B (resized).jpeg38A9E73B-1AC5-49A4-B056-E72D507DBD3B (resized).jpeg3B552CB6-D7D2-4B6D-BD84-463E60F0801E (resized).jpeg3B552CB6-D7D2-4B6D-BD84-463E60F0801E (resized).jpeg8AFE327A-0589-4C2B-B511-EA3188518B45 (resized).jpeg8AFE327A-0589-4C2B-B511-EA3188518B45 (resized).jpegAFCC67D6-0AC0-4351-9527-FB84E74CE702 (resized).jpegAFCC67D6-0AC0-4351-9527-FB84E74CE702 (resized).jpegED5C2C5C-85EB-4899-B8B3-D5C765271885 (resized).jpegED5C2C5C-85EB-4899-B8B3-D5C765271885 (resized).jpegFBB60AA1-D4ED-4F2D-B531-C9F40D729186 (resized).jpegFBB60AA1-D4ED-4F2D-B531-C9F40D729186 (resized).jpeg
#1861 3 years ago

You can find the 'application notes' I made from now on at

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9x448ip0ib4shvq/AAACf-gf-VRBhe9f69kmL8wAa?dl=0

When there are new version(s) I will put them in this dropbox folder

#1862 3 years ago
Quoted from pin15:

Just lived this. All of my targets next to the ramps needed to be adjusted. I also found that if I used the flippers before plunging I could score points due to the targets.

Also, I have had many issues with the trough switch. Another Pinsider told me to increase pitch time 7.8 and add a +2 power to the flippers. Worked like a champ for me.

#1863 3 years ago

hi, how to increase the power of the pinball machines, I have trouble going to the end of the dude ramp, thank you

#1864 3 years ago

Go into the menu and select adjustments solenoids.

Here you can increase flipper power

Make sure nothing mechanical is an issue. Eg are the flippers moving smoothly and no obstruction is present.

Also do you feel it’s to soft caused by lack of flipper power or is the rattling in the dude ramp and thus being rejected at the end?

#1865 3 years ago

Has anyone come up with a better fitting lockdown bar for this game? Seems to be about 1/4 inch too wide on each side.

#1866 3 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Has anyone come up with a better fitting lockdown bar for this game? Seems to be about 1/4 inch too wide on each side.

I was wondering the same? I can almost slip a finger through on the front of the bar seems like a lot of overhang. My others aren’t like this maybe I’m missing an adjustment or something?

#1867 3 years ago

#1868 3 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

I ordered a new chrome lockdown bar from Chris Royalty at pinball playing. Night and day difference, plus the chrome really lasts.

#1869 3 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

I was wondering the same? I can almost slip a finger through on the front of the bar seems like a lot of overhang. My others aren’t like this maybe I’m missing an adjustment or something?

I added a 1/4” wide weather strip full length on the underside of the lockdown bar - cost 50 cents and the bar is MUCH tighter and has a better feel to it.

#1870 3 years ago
Quoted from PinheadEDM:

I ordered a new chrome lockdown bar from Chris Royalty at pinball playing. Night and day difference, plus the chrome really lasts.

Did you order Bally/Williams version?

#1871 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Did you order Bally/Williams version?

Yes sir

#1872 3 years ago

Ok cool.
Does it get rid of the “extra spacing” on the left and right side of the lockdown bar?

#1873 3 years ago
Quoted from PinheadEDM:

I get a ball search every time. It’s not the fastest activating ball search but it works...

I've never seen a ball search work for mine. More than once I've had a ball end up back down the shooter lane. It just sits there and you need to power cycle the game. I've also had a ball sit in the scoop more than once and the game also just sits there requiring a power cycle.

I'm running 0.51, what version are you on?

Logically, not sure what should happen if the ball gets back down the shooter lane. If it doesn't auto-fire it should at least let you press the launch button to get the ball back out.

#1874 3 years ago

Ball search does work with me but takes a long time. In coming release the ball search mechanism is improved.

#1875 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Ok cool.
Does it get rid of the “extra spacing” on the left and right side of the lockdown bar?

Yes it’s pretty good I like it. Not perfect but better

#1876 3 years ago

Hi!

The mystery hole in the left (or is it called the saucer) is quite weak in mine and the ball seems almost like crawling out from it. I tried the settings, but it seems I can only adjust it from like between 45-55 ms, which does not seem to help. Is it normal and if not, any tips on how to get the hole to eject the ball out with more force? Thanks!

#1877 3 years ago

The saucer is not something which works with great power. I would check below playfield if all screws are tight in place and the plunger hits the ball correctly.

#1878 3 years ago

What screen dot setting is everyone using? Not sure I'm calling it the right thing off of memory but the setting that either makes the display look more or less like a traditional DMD.

Thanks,
Jeff

#1879 3 years ago

Standart ... why should it look like a 80´s DMD .... for me it is right in the middle from "full HD" like Alien and a DMD.
On TBL are sequences used from the movie, Dots are programmed as dots. So there is no way to "scale down" the graphics from TBL.

#1880 3 years ago

Is anyone else bothered by the vertical tearing on the movie clips? It seems like they are not synced with the screen refresh rate.

#1881 3 years ago

Well after 8 years of asking where's the TBL Lebowski? This amazing pin finally found its way home to ME today! Wow, I can't believe it! I have not been on Pinside very much except when I decided to buy a CCC from a Pinsider in 2018. That was my consolation prize for thinking TBL was watered down money under the Jeff Bridges!

TBL (resized).jpgTBL (resized).jpg
#1882 3 years ago
Quoted from LITZ:

Well after 8 years of asking where's the TBL Lebowski? This amazing pin finally found its way home to ME today! Wow, I can't believe it! I have not been on Pinside very much except when I decided to buy a CCC from a Pinsider in 2018. That was my consolation prize for thinking TBL was watered down money under the Jeff Bridges!
[quoted image]

Congrats!!

What EA # are you?

#1883 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Congrats!!
What EA # are you?

I think #62. I would have to go back to the thread of EAs with their numbers.

#1884 3 years ago

So what do Owners think the game is worth? Most physical issues are being resolved and the much needed software update is in the works.

Currently being sold for $12.5k and often seen in marketplace for $15k. A few ads offer extras and selling price of $17k. Past sales before the reset were $20-25k. If you wanted to buy a TBL today, how much would you be willing to pay?

I am close to rationalizing the $12.5k amount given it is a dream theme. Not sure it is worth that otherwise.

#1885 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

So what do Owners think the game is worth? Most physical issues are being resolved and the much needed software update is in the works.
Currently being sold for $12.5k and often seen in marketplace for $15k. A few ads offer extras and selling price of $17k. Past sales before the reset were $20-25k. If you wanted to buy a TBL today, how much would you be willing to pay?
I am close to rationalizing the $12.5k amount given it is a dream theme. Not sure it is worth that otherwise.

I think the worth of the machine varies depending on owner. I did not want to wait. Love the movie so we love the theme I paid more to have it now. Not quite 15,000.

#1886 3 years ago

How many machines today have a similar Bill of materials with an upper and lower playfield...bash rug and bash car, etc. Easily compares to high end Stern LE plus some. 12.5k seems reasonable. Now if you can’t wait and have the cash 15-16k is going rate depending on HUO or NIB.

#1887 3 years ago
Quoted from LITZ:

Well after 8 years of asking where's the TBL Lebowski? This amazing pin finally found its way home to ME today! Wow, I can't believe it! ...

Congrats Dude! Every time I play my TBL (EA #59), I almost can't believe it's real after waiting so long for it. Hope all EAs get theirs as well ASAP!

Such a great game - enjoy!

#1888 3 years ago
Quoted from LITZ:

I think #62. I would have to go back to the thread of EAs with their numbers.

You can also just look on the plague on the apron but yep, you are EA 62

Congrats and now

#1889 3 years ago

Im on the preorder. Saw no reason to pay more than 12.5k for a used game with no warranty.

#1890 3 years ago

Rens is your warranty.

#1891 3 years ago

Hi Rensh, any idea when the new code will be finished? Is it just mostly stability for code? Anything innovative?

#1892 3 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Rens is your warranty.

#1893 3 years ago
Quoted from PinheadEDM:

Hi Rensh, any idea when the new code will be finished? Is it just mostly stability for code? Anything innovative?

Hopefully this week otherwise next week.

It’s a mix of bugfixes and added features/lights/callouts/flipperstrength.

What do you call innovative? Changelog is quite long but think most will see it as (a lot of) tweaking making it even more pleasant and versatile to play. It’s not a complete rewrite, also don’t think it’s needed. The code does the theme justice and makes good use of the assets. Consulted beta testers liked it. It does offer a coded extra ball

#1894 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:Hopefully this week otherwise next week.
What do you call innovative? Changelog is quite long but think most will see it as (a lot of) tweaking making it even more pleasant and versatile to play. It’s not a complete rewrite, also don’t think it’s needed. The code does the theme justice and makes good use of the assets. Consulted beta testers liked it. It does offer a coded extra ball

Any new modes?

#1895 3 years ago

Not (yet).

#1896 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Hopefully this week otherwise next week.

Thank you Rensh, innovative I meant new modes but you answered that. I really appreciate your effort and hard work as well. Builds confidence in the game.

#1897 3 years ago

Did the second white russian sound effect get fixed.. was some kind of OS bing bong sound ?

#1898 3 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Did the second white russian sound effect get fixed.. was some kind of OS bing bong sound ?

No idea which sound you are referring to so don’t know, sorry.

#1899 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

No idea which sound you are referring to so don’t know, sorry.

I will see if I can get a video.. but collecting a stacked white russian I think the sound effect was either very unexpected (not in theme) or like is a missing file so some operating system tone comes out instead.

#1900 3 years ago

I have had my TBL for a few months and I was seeing if anyone else has experienced these three issues. 1. The game will freeze up (stops registering shots) when the left light look target is hit on occasion. This appears to happen the first game if it hasn't been on for a long time. 2. About half the time the game is turned on it will do a fast clicking noise for a few mins.? 3. The ball return coil in the bowling alley lost some power and is not getting all the way up to the ball release. Any fixes or suggestion would be great.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 210.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

15,000 (OBO)
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
$ 22.50
There are 7,285 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/38?hl=dkjimbo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.