flipper position (3) (resized).jpeg
IMG_6626 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_archive_792_848601.jpg
Pinside_forum_7890198_0.jpg
Pinside_archive_876_2670498.jpg
IMG_0049 (resized).jpg
IMG_2632.gif

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,285 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 146.
#1801 3 years ago

hi everyone ... what tilt to give to the pinball machine? thank you and happy valentine's day

#1802 3 years ago
Quoted from funkycoucou:

hi everyone ... what tilt to give to the pinball machine? thank you and happy valentine's day

If you mean pitch or angle it’s like 6.0-6.5 degrees I believe

#1803 3 years ago

I'm thinking about putting down a deposit on this machine - any insights on the game that anyone can offer? It's so rare, and therefore I won't be able to play it before dropped $11,500... Looks really awesome! I would really tie my game room together...

#1804 3 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

I'm thinking about putting down a deposit on this machine - any insights on the game that anyone can offer? It's so rare, and therefore I won't be able to play it before dropped $11,500... Looks really awesome! I would really tie my game room together...

It’s 12,500 plus shipping actually....and worth every penny!!! Tons of good in depth reviews. Watch straight down the middle YouTube review. Pretty balanced and very detailed review. If you love the movie...like really love the movie..you’ll score it higher than they did. And by the way, code updates are on the way for the first time in several years!

#1805 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

It’s 12,500 plus shipping actually....and worth every penny!!! Tons of good in depth reviews. Watch straight down the middle YouTube review. Pretty balanced and very detailed review. If you love the movie...like really love the movie..you’ll score it higher than they did. And by the way, code updates are on the way for the first time in several years!

Nice! I'll check out the review on YouTube - thanks! And yes, I'm a very big fan of the movie. Is it wrong that I am already shopping for the rug to go under it?

#1806 3 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

Nice! I'll check out the review on YouTube - thanks! And yes, I'm a very big fan of the movie. Is it wrong that I am already shopping for the rug to go under it?

It comes with a rug!!!!

#1807 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

It comes with a rug!!!!

Oh man... OK I'm going to mix up a Caucasian and find my checkbook...

#1808 3 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

I agree with the statements here it’s fantastic, if you love the movie it’s even better. I went out of my way to find one so I am the second owner. I was able to play it locally on route before finding one in the marketplace. I did pay a premium however to have it now. I still think the lead time on some of these is about eight months or so if ordering new from cointaker.

I did take some time to get it dialed in and has its quirks. I’ve only had this happen a few times but sometimes it’ll drain a ball or it’ll enter a scoop and just pretend the ball isn’t there or in play. Ball searches do not find it and you simply have to shut the machine off and turn it back on again I think this has been discussed in some of the previous threads I don’t think there’s an answer for it yet. Also seems like it’s hard on balls but this is minor vs. fun factor. Could have something to do with the scoops and or subway underneath.

Still extremely fun pin with great clips and lines from the movie.

#1809 3 years ago

The games already great, but I am chomping at the bit for the rumored code update that we have heard about.

#1810 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

The games already great, but I am chomping at the bit for the rumored code update that we have heard about.

Yeah pretty wild to think about a serious code upgrade to really drive this game forward. Cointaker is saying 6-8 months... I wish the deposit was refundable - that's a lot of coin to commit to that far out...

#1811 3 years ago

Reality is 8+ months to full payment due, and then another few months to delivery right now. Might get better with their expanded production in a new facility, but I wouldn’t count on it. Cointaker told me deposit was fully refundable, so I got on the list recently. There are a couple other threads for deposits / waitlist customers you might want to look into if you’re thinking of jumping in!

#1812 3 years ago

Hi guys, I'm coming back to you for the tilt of the pinball machine...

I was told a tilt of the plate of 6.5 ° which would mean that the underside of the pinball machine is horizontal ? the 4 feet would be equal ?

thank's

#1813 3 years ago
Quoted from funkycoucou:

I was told a tilt of the plate of 6.5 ° which would mean that the underside of the pinball machine is horizontal ? the 4 feet would be equal ?
thank's

All pitch is measured from the Playfield with glass off. No underside measurements mean anything.

#1814 3 years ago
Quoted from funkycoucou:

thank's

6.5 is too shallow for this game. Way to many bad bounces and airballs and rejects off standup targets going straight down the middle at the speed of a bullet. 7.0-7.2 seems to be the sweet spot for me

#1815 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

6.5 is too shallow for this game. Way to many bad bounces and airballs and rejects off standup targets going straight down the middle at the speed of a bullet. 7.0-7.2 seems to be the sweet spot for me

I understand why I had trouble climbing the ramps ... I was 13.4 °

#1816 3 years ago
Quoted from funkycoucou:

I understand why I had trouble climbing the ramps ... I was 13.4 °

#1817 3 years ago

on the glass...

#1818 3 years ago
Quoted from funkycoucou:

on the glass...

Phew!

#1819 3 years ago

The other thing I would as is that it is worth it to experiment with the slingshot coil strength and flipper coil strength. The slings need to be pulled down from factory settings in my opinion. just too much force out of the box. The flippers are ok at factory strength but I turned down the right one several points on the menu option. These changes have helped slow down and smooth out gameplay a bit for me.

#1820 3 years ago

Rensh I heard a rumor that TBL production will be capped at 500 games total, is there any truth to that? Also I sent an email to you and Barry with some questions on parts let me know if you got it?

#1821 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Rensh I heard a rumor that TBL production will be capped at 500 games total, is there any truth to that? Also I sent an email to you and Barry with some questions on parts let me know if you got it?

Aha. Is your name in real life Sean B? Than I got it and I have tomorrow evening my weekly meeting with Barry in which open issues are discussed and you are on the list . Can tell you already a webshop is under construction.

Than the 500 pcs, don’t know where this comes from but is unknown to me but I don’t know everything but don’t think this is correct.

#1822 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Aha. Is your name in real life Sean B? Than I got it and I have tomorrow evening my weekly meeting with Barry in which open issues are discussed and you are on the list . Can tell you already a webshop is under construction.
Than the 500 pcs, don’t know where this comes from but is unknown to me but I don’t know everything but don’t think this is correct.

Yep Sean B here

Thanks Rensh

#1823 3 years ago

Seem to be many airballs, especially off hard flips to the targets on the sides of the left ramp. Ball hops up on wire returns, the bowling alley ball return toy on the left side of the playfield, all over the place.

Anyone else experience this?

#1824 3 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Seem to be many airballs, especially off hard flips to the targets on the sides of the left ramp. Ball hops up on wire returns, the bowling alley ball return toy on the left side of the playfield, all over the place.
Anyone else experience this?

Fuckin' A man! My TBL will find numerous ways - including air balls - to screw me out of a ball almost every game. I need to fine tune it some more because "This agression will not stand!"

Yet ... I enjoy playing it so much. It must be a hell of a game! Despite its flaws.

1 week later
#1825 3 years ago

Alpha testing version 0.54

Is first of all meant for some debugging and improve holdcoil power but programmer managed to squeeze some extras in, like a real extra: extra ball is coded

But some additional light effect, scoring, enhancement of Nihilist mode etc is there to.

But first testing has to be finished, for sure some debugging is needed as with all software and than public release. So guess it will be several weeks. But it’s a good sign of progress made

848D8145-5771-4CA5-844B-68EF4BC6873D (resized).jpeg848D8145-5771-4CA5-844B-68EF4BC6873D (resized).jpeg
#1826 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Is first of all meant for some debugging and improve holdcoil power but programmer managed to squeeze some extras in, like a real extra: extra ball is coded
But some additional light effect, scoring, enhancement of Nihilist mode etc is there to.
But first testing has to be finished, for sure some debugging is needed as with all software and than public release. So guess it will be several weeks. But it’s a good sign of progress made
[quoted image]

Awesome news!!!! thanks for Sharing - lots to look forward to for current owners on this!

#1827 3 years ago

Hello. Trying to hook up Pinstadium. I can’t find a Plug Outlet. Can anyone tell me where it is.

Thanks

#1828 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

[quoted image]

Far out man!

#1829 3 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

Hello. Trying to hook up Pinstadium. I can’t find a Plug Outlet. Can anyone tell me where it is.
Thanks

The PSU in the backbox has spare 12V outputs. This is where also the translite is connected.

Frankly speaking don’t think TBL needs pinstadium but that’s personal.

80111619-6C07-4CAA-9C4B-BDE2C18C54AB (resized).jpeg80111619-6C07-4CAA-9C4B-BDE2C18C54AB (resized).jpeg
#1830 3 years ago

Rensh. Thanks. True really doesn’t but I have an extra set sitting around.

#1831 3 years ago

In the backbox is a standart pc powersupply , you can also by Y-connectors to get 5 Volts and 12 Volts directly from the pc powersupply.
My topper and the cabinettprotectors are connected on this way.

#1832 3 years ago

Got my sign installed, it really looks great.

Thanks BigLebowski !

CD2E1D40-48F8-422E-A13A-252A1DF53445 (resized).jpegCD2E1D40-48F8-422E-A13A-252A1DF53445 (resized).jpeg71686AD6-2088-4D07-AE25-B0AC11665AB8 (resized).jpeg71686AD6-2088-4D07-AE25-B0AC11665AB8 (resized).jpeg
#1833 3 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

Got my sign installed, it really looks great.
Thanks biglebowski !
[quoted image][quoted image]

You´re welcome
Those bowling pins to the left of the sign look great, too. Where did you get them?

#1834 3 years ago
Quoted from BigLebowski:

You´re welcome
Those bowling pins to the left of the sign look great, too. Where did you get them?

Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “I am selling a number of mods for TBL. 1. Doobie (Joint) Mod: $45 2. Decal stickers: $45 3. Left ramp clip: $15 (this one is a must install in my experience) 4. Spare back...”
2022-08-18
Saukville, WI
Archived after: 67 days
Viewed: 13195 times

#1835 3 years ago

New TBL Owner here, #408. I just picked this up from a previous owner... I'm having trouble finding much technical/service info on the game - is there anything I can download besides the "Quick Setup" guide on the DP website?

Does anyone know how to get an Audio line out from the boards? The line out on the PC motherboard has no signal and I can't find one on the USB Audio amp board. I'm trying to hookup a powered sub via a mixer and I need a line out. I tried using a Speaker lever to line level converter adapter connected to one side of the cabinet subwoofer driver but the amp shuts down when it works for a few seconds. This is what happens, LARRY when you connect things the way you're not supposed to!

One more issue - does anyone know how does the aiming on the bowling works? Mine seems to be about 1" off to the left. The diagnostic tests only test the bottom and top optos for the ball and. Is there a way to calibrate?

Thanks!
Nick

#1836 3 years ago

For those current owners of older TBLs and interested in upgrading to some of the improvements I attached two manuals I made on doing this.

I consider them more or less done and the exact package might change a little but there is always room for improvement. Should give you at least a good idea whats envolved.

Price for the MPF kit is EUR 250 and per ballgate is EUR 50 (is only part below playfield, TBL has 2 pcs). If you have a proper working ballgate it will not bring much I think, this was more for easier to get parts and easier assemble in production but they do open a little wider and faster. The MPF kit makes it easier to remove the MPF in the future if needed.

Pricing is in EURO, excl. VAT (US no VAT is charged), excl. shipping.

If interest mail to [email protected] with your adress to get total price including shipping.

MPF kit Installation guide.pdfMPF kit Installation guide.pdfRevised ballgate Installation guide.pdfRevised ballgate Installation guide.pdf
#1837 3 years ago

Thanks Rensh for the guide! Is there any guide available on how to remove the miniplayfield on newer machines?

Thanks for any info!

#1838 3 years ago

Yup. I made one. It is based in the MPF kit guide. It’s not hard to do.

MPF Removal and installation guide.pdfMPF Removal and installation guide.pdf
#1839 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Yup. I made one. It is based in the MPF kit guide. It’s not hard to do.
[quoted image]

Will these be posted on DP website?

#1840 3 years ago
Quoted from ShinyNick:

One more issue - does anyone know how does the aiming on the bowling works? Mine seems to be about 1" off to the left. The diagnostic tests only test the bottom and top optos for the ball and. Is there a way to calibrate?
Thanks!
Nick

Same issue here, somtimes in single pin mode it doesnt register a successful hit.

As far as I understand the bowling hit is actived when the ball passes the opto. I am going to try to fix it this weekend, would adjusting the optos help? Or is the angle calculated by the ball launcher mech?

#1841 3 years ago
Quoted from bounoun:

Same issue here, somtimes in single pin mode it doesnt register a successful hit.
As far as I understand the bowling hit is actived when the ball passes the opto. I am going to try to fix it this weekend, would adjusting the optos help? Or is the angle calculated by the ball launcher mech?

I believe this is software related that DP needs to clean up. I don't think adjusting the angles of optos or the bowler will solve your issue. I could be wrong though.

#1842 3 years ago

I'm back in the club, was one of the original EA owners but panicked and sold the game way too early. Glad to now get it back and excited for some code updates!

#1843 3 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I'm back in the club, was one of the original EA owners but panicked and sold the game way too early. Glad to now get it back and excited for some code updates!

Welcome back! Sold high and bought low I imagine you made a good financial choice in that sense given where prices were and are now!

#1844 3 years ago

Sold high and bought high unfortunately but evens out in the end.

#1845 3 years ago
Quoted from bounoun:

Posted some FAQ documents in the maintenance thread seen at https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-lotta-ins-a-lotta-outs-tbl-maintenance-thread/page/8#post-6179610

There is also one on Bowling

Let me know your findings. Would be nice to keep maintenance issues in that thread centralized.

#1846 3 years ago

Proof of concept manual finally ready

Explanation menu and gamerules.

Won’t be long I hope now.

5F16EFC0-0B13-47F8-980A-2008D8CC8ABA (resized).jpeg5F16EFC0-0B13-47F8-980A-2008D8CC8ABA (resized).jpeg
#1847 3 years ago
Quoted from bounoun:

Rens sent me the bowling FAQ that helped me determine that my orange ball launcher was loose . I tightened the allen key hex screw and its working properly now. Aiming is still not 100% but it seems like that's the nature of the roll down design.
Thanks Rens!

#1848 3 years ago
Quoted from ShinyNick:

Rens sent me the bowling FAQ that helped me determine that my orange ball launcher was loose . I tightened the allen key hex screw and its working properly now. Aiming is still not 100% but it seems like that's the nature of the roll down design.
Thanks Rens!

Happy to have been of service. Aiming to make more of this kind of tutorials.

Next firmware rel (testing now what is expected to be final version after 5 intentional test releases) has an option which hopefully should improve the bowling accuracy. It will never be 100% I guess but 90% plus would be great. Mine exceeds that 90% but tolerances are a part of life.

#1849 3 years ago

What would be the best course of action to remove the extra part of the convolux (at the end of the plastic)? I think it might be based on some earlier version of TBL, but it does not fit on the 2021 model (also the flasher stand does not fit into the convolux hole either).

Please advice on how to proceed - thank you!

Convolux (resized).jpgConvolux (resized).jpg
#1850 3 years ago

Howdy, per a message request here are some photos of the the wire routing of my EA#61 that recently arrived.

IMG_0050 (resized).jpegIMG_0050 (resized).jpegIMG_0051 (resized).jpegIMG_0051 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 210.00
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
15,000 (OBO)
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,285 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/37?hl=pbman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.