306EEAE0-3153-4EED-ACCB-6415364DB7C9 (resized).jpeg
FE5875DF-3A58-41A5-8AA4-CE861E460F91 (resized).jpeg
542B141D-3FA2-4C94-8BFD-71AD18D658C2 (resized).jpeg
54F6AE7F-C828-4DE5-89E8-847C051681D7 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7069 (resized).png
IMG_2193 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240315_104555_Gallery (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,141 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 143.
#1651 3 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

This is the nicest topper:

A friend from Munich is making them. This is a prototype, my topper will be in the size of the whole backbox and have some more 3D applications: Cannabis, Folgers coffee box .... will see ! In the middle is a full size used bowling pin. RGB lightning controled by an ATMEL ... until we figute out how to hook it up to the apron

Cool, then you will need to make a few extras for us

#1652 3 years ago

Feel free to contact him:

https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/biglebowski

But it is heavy, shipping will be a killer. But maybe he sells all the stuff except the frame and the bowling pin ...

#1653 3 years ago
Quoted from kapper:

Rensh:
How about replacement stand up targets (lock targets)

I have the same issue. The metal backing for my red standup targets are too thin so they bounce. Barry was waiting for new/improved switches and they were mentioned in the last mailing. It's the last thing keeping my game from working properly (I think).

#1654 3 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

I have the same issue. The metal backing for my red standup targets are too thin so they bounce. Barry was waiting for new/improved switches and they were mentioned in the last mailing. It's the last thing keeping my game from working properly (I think).

I just added some foam behind the targets .. much much better but still not perfect.

Pics are aetlier in this thread.

#1655 3 years ago

Looks like I'm geeting this ubanutu error on my TBL. Is there anyone that has detailed instructions about how to begin repairing this on TBL

#1656 3 years ago
Quoted from kapper:

Looks like I'm geeting this ubanutu error on my TBL. Is there anyone that has detailed instructions about how to begin repairing this on TBL

Yes it was easy - check out the “TBL” maintenance thread, the instructions are pretty clear. You’ll need a usb keyboard.

Happened to my machine about a month after I got it, did the commands as indicated in that thread and it’s never happened again.

#1657 3 years ago

Accidental duplicate post

#1658 3 years ago

Home made volume button.

Got myself an extra metal plate as I like my mods to be reversible and drilled a hole in it, a one usdollar switch from eBay and soldered it to the coindoor keypad.

08152F6D-1339-45A7-A2AD-53CCA95A2A6E (resized).jpeg08152F6D-1339-45A7-A2AD-53CCA95A2A6E (resized).jpeg
#1659 3 years ago

For those not aware, Bid Lebowski mods:

Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple) - “I am selling a number of mods for TBL. 1. Doobie (Joint) Mod: $45 2. Decal stickers: $45 3. Left ramp clip: $15 (this one is a must install in my experience) 4. Spare back...”
2022-08-18
Saukville, WI
Archived after: 67 days
Viewed: 13195 times

1 week later
#1660 3 years ago

Question - does TBL ship with HD glass - hard to tell if this is HD glass or not.

#1661 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Question - does TBL ship with HD glass - hard to tell if this is HD glass or not.

No

#1662 3 years ago

What is the best way to hook up an external subwoofer to TBL?

#1663 3 years ago

I just grabbed the woofer in the cabinett to an active subwoofer outside. Works well.

#1664 3 years ago

just got this addon finished, very easy to install on the MPF posts, have a few extra if someone´s interested shoot me a PM

P1110120 (resized).JPGP1110120 (resized).JPG
P1110119 (resized).JPGP1110119 (resized).JPG
P1110118 (resized).JPGP1110118 (resized).JPG

#1665 3 years ago

Received my Big Lebowski today. I just want to give a shout out to Barry @ DP for fantastic support. I'm very happy I was able to buy from DP without a deposit, and only paying when the machine was ready to ship. Kudos to Dutch Pinball!

#1666 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

Received my Big Lebowski today. I just want to give a shout out to Barry @ DP for fantastic support. I'm very happy I was able to buy from DP without a deposit, and only paying when the machine was ready to ship. Kudos to Dutch Pinball!

Barry is fantastic!! Dutch Pinball

#1667 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

Good to see at least someone is getting a game at this point.

#1668 3 years ago
Quoted from PinheadEDM:

Barry is fantastic!! Dutch Pinball

Do you still have your game or is it finally sold? You've been trying to sell it for several months now so I'm just wondering if it's gone?

QSS

#1669 3 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

Do you still have your game or is it finally sold? You've been trying to sell it for several months now so I'm just wondering if it's gone?
QSS

I had multiple offers when it was for sale but I enjoy the game so much. I still get calls randomly to buy it but it’s a keeper. Can’t wait for the next code drop it’s in 2021.

#1670 3 years ago

We have finished our The Big Lebowski hologram topper and it will be listed here (pinside) and on our website this week. The topper looks 10 times better in person then being videoed, that chopping that you see on the video you do not see live. This video has 10 videos, the set has about 20 videos. You can put just the videos on the hologram you want, and it will loop between those. We include software that would allow you to put videos from the movie on the hologram, the Gutterball video from the movie looks real good on the topper, but we don't supply that video. If an IP holder has any issues with any of the videos, they are posted on youtube.

#1671 3 years ago

Got my topper from BigLebowski and installed it .. awsome !
Mounted on a solid metal plate with a original Brunswick bowling pin and a programmable and changeable (IR rtemote control) color programm.
Also got all the parts from the powder guy back ...all parts were powdercoated first in CHROME and afterwards in COPPER. I like it ...
Metall wireramps are galvanized in copper, all screws outside are also copper. But for the armor powdercoat is less expensive and easier to handle.
IMG_9559 (resized).jpgIMG_9559 (resized).jpgIMG_9560 (resized).jpgIMG_9560 (resized).jpgIMG_9562 (resized).jpgIMG_9562 (resized).jpgIMG_9564 (resized).jpgIMG_9564 (resized).jpgIMG_9567 (resized).jpgIMG_9567 (resized).jpgIMG_9574 (resized).jpgIMG_9574 (resized).jpg

IMG_9551 (resized).JPGIMG_9551 (resized).JPG
#1672 3 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Mounted on a solid metal plate with a original Brunswick bowling pin and a programmable and changeable (IR rtemote control) color programm.
Also got all the parts from the powder guy back ...all parts were powdercoated first in CHROME and afterwards in COPPER. I like it ...
Metall wireramps are galvanized in copper, all screws outside are also copper. But for the armor powdercoat is less expensive and easier to handle.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

I have to ask...which pin do you like better - Aliens or TBL? Both are awesome to me.

#1673 3 years ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

We have finished our The Big Lebowski hologram topper and it will be listed here (pinside) and on our website this week. The topper looks 10 times better in person then being videoed, that chopping that you see on the video you do not see live. This video has 10 videos, the set has about 20 videos. You can put just the videos on the hologram you want, and it will loop between those. We include software that would allow you to put videos from the movie on the hologram, the Gutterball video from the movie looks real good on the topper, but we don't supply that video. If an IP holder has any issues with any of the videos, they are posted on youtube.

Dude! That’s far out man!

#1674 3 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

I gotta admit, that's a cool topper! I already have two TBL toppers, but yours may be on my wish list. Are you selling these?

#1675 3 years ago

It would be a giant mic drop if Koen would program the ability to drop in custom audio tracks in a future update. Don't get me wrong. The existing music/soundtrack is fantastic, but optional customization would be absolutely brilliant.

#1676 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I have to ask...which pin do you like better - Aliens or TBL? Both are awesome to me.

Alien !
TBL is very nice machine, I love the theme and it plays very nice like a WPC95 game. But compared with Alien the Alien is a masterpiece. Sound, gameplay, innovations. If it cama hard on har to sell a game, it would be TBL.

Quoted from ToucanF16:

I gotta admit, that's a cool topper! I already have two TBL toppers, but yours may be on my wish list. Are you selling these?

Please contact BigLebowski , he designed the topper and programmed its light show. He might sell you a set.
He is a very helpfull guy. And dont be surprised .. the price is far far away from Stern-Toppers in a positive matter

Quoted from highdef:

It would be a giant mic drop if Koen would program the ability to drop in custom audio tracks in a future update. Don't get me wrong. The existing music/soundtrack is fantastic, but optional customization would be absolutely brilliant.

You can do so easily, just replace the sound files. It is not a secret that out in this world the original songs with voice are installed in several TBL.
Only for copyright reason DP is not allowed to sell the games with original soundtrackes.Clever guys figured out how to change ...

#1677 3 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

You can do so easily, just replace the sound files. It is not a secret that out in this world the original songs with voice are installed in several TBL.

I haven't seen anyone talk about it, so good to know.

#1678 3 years ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

Awesome. Any news on the pricing?

#1679 3 years ago

Anyone get this message? It flickered on boot up, then booted normally. After about 30 seconds the message stays on consistently. I want to clear it but don’t know how. And after a few power cycles it’s doing it every time so must be an underlying issue.
Any help?
Thanks!

436B1356-C0CE-4E0D-B738-DBBBBCA79996 (resized).jpeg436B1356-C0CE-4E0D-B738-DBBBBCA79996 (resized).jpeg
#1680 3 years ago
Quoted from Kneeno:

Anyone get this message? It flickered on boot up, then booted normally. After about 30 seconds the message stays on consistently. I want to clear it but don’t know how. And after a few power cycles it’s doing it every time so must be an underlying issue.
Any help?
Thanks!
[quoted image]

Easy fix - look back in this thread.

#1681 3 years ago

I asked this question a while ago and didn't get a response. Has anyone worked on the bowling alley? Strikes seem to register pretty well, but solid hits on spare shots or moving pins I would say register under 50%. Would like to try and fix this.

Thanks

#1682 3 years ago

3 more TBL mods coming out as promised.....in the prototype stages & seeking YOUR feedback please!
***SO...the way to reply back is to VOTE is SIZE, BOARDER, COLOR. For example: B,A,A.....or A,B,B

1st up: the infamous "Time Man of the Year" picture.
(note these are hand painted and the future ones will be spray painted - look way cleaner - better. I need your help on size, colors and boarder).

SIZE:
A. Size A (3" x 2"): this size is best to on Apron in the upper right near just above the right pincard sheet (although could go other places).
B. Size B (2" x 1.5"): anywhere on playfield
C. Size C (1.5" x 1"): anywhere on playfield.

BOARDER:
A. Mirror boarder: my thoughts is to go with "A"...A3/A2/A1 have a mirror boarder.
B. Black boarder: "B" with black boarder is cool too. ("C" is same as B with black boarder).

COLOR:
A. "A" color scheme - red is to dark - needs to be lighter
B. "B" has the color scheme most like the real one in the movie. "B" color scheme - (1) lighter RED inner boarder & "TIME" text, (2) WHITE text for "MAN OF THE YEAR" & 2 slash lines, (3) BLACK for text "ARE YOU A LEBOWSKI ACHEIVER?"
C. "C" color scheme - red is too dark again.
1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg

#1683 3 years ago

Mod #2 - in prototype stage. The Neon Bowling sign above the bowling alley.

I have 3 sizes ....finding best size & place on playfield.

Will spray paint / hand paint these to match the movie sign (for quick idea - they are hand painted for prototype).

Note - 2 options please vote A or B....

A. Static painted bowling size.
B. Rotating bowling size with mini-motor. (I think this would be cool...but cost is probably 3 times the price. No pricing set as still in development).

Please vote A or B.....thx!

!cid_8B95E9A7-FDBB-4A82-94C5-C66C699471C4 (resized).jpg!cid_8B95E9A7-FDBB-4A82-94C5-C66C699471C4 (resized).jpg!cid_8D86E512-8002-4BC9-9BEF-C0CABAF87DFE (resized).jpg!cid_8D86E512-8002-4BC9-9BEF-C0CABAF87DFE (resized).jpg!cid_80ED0445-D802-49E2-9213-A99A444D715B (resized).jpg!cid_80ED0445-D802-49E2-9213-A99A444D715B (resized).jpgScreenshot 2021-01-09 010301 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2021-01-09 010301 (resized).jpgBig-Lebowski-Hollywood-Lanes-4 (resized).jpgBig-Lebowski-Hollywood-Lanes-4 (resized).jpgBig-Lebowski-Hollywood-Lanes-3 (resized).jpgBig-Lebowski-Hollywood-Lanes-3 (resized).jpg

#1684 3 years ago

What will Mod #3 be - Bunny's Toe !!
(prototypes are FDM printed for now...new ones with be SLA printed for cleaner look).

Can be mounted flat or vertical anywhere on the playfield.....

Will have final size, color of skin coming soon.
Right now I like the skin color as "C" and size being "C" also. However, I will make "C" look more like "D" - bit stubbier pinky toe.

Let me know your thoughts - as always input is good...thx
!cid_21A45288-5ECF-41CA-968D-2EE0C73EF1CD (resized).jpg!cid_21A45288-5ECF-41CA-968D-2EE0C73EF1CD (resized).jpg

#1685 3 years ago

I hope I’m voting right.
Mod 1
Size B (medium)
Border C (black)
Color scheme B with text “ARE YOU A LEBOWSKI ACHEIVER?"

Mod 2
Medium rotating.
It would be so cool if somehow it could be rotating and illuminated. Have you looked at Miller Engineering and his EL rotating signs?
https://www.microstru.com/Rotating_signs.html

#1686 3 years ago

Mod choice: B, B, B

Great idea on both mods

#1687 3 years ago

I have never been able to get my tilt plumb bob to work. I tried reseating the wires to the board, but no luck. Connections seem snug and OK.
Any suggestion(s) would be greatly appreciated.

#1688 3 years ago

Mod 1; A,B,B for me. Looks great

#1689 3 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

I have never been able to get my tilt plumb bob to work. I tried reseating the wires to the board, but no luck. Connections seem snug and OK.
Any suggestion(s) would be greatly appreciated.

I assume you tried out switch test for starters? Does it see the tilt being activated? If not, check the soldering of the plug on the board in the cabinet it’s connected to. Perhaps a solder joint is forgotten?

#1690 3 years ago

Mod 1, either B2 or B1 for playfield mounting due to having an Achiever Apron.
Mod 2, good with either static or rotating. Rotating would be cool.
Mod 3, good with what you come up with.

#1691 3 years ago

Mod 3 Barry’s choice is no D

You made him smile with this crazy mod

#1692 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Mod 3 Barry’s choice is no D
You made him smile with this crazy mod

Awesome!

#1693 3 years ago

New TBL owner here. I've done some research on an insurance policy for the ATX Power Supply in the machine. ATX power supplies are pretty commodity and not rocket science, but there are some things here that can make it really difficult to replace years from now ( beyond the fact that the G550M has long been discontinued ). The G550M used 4 x 5 Pin modular SATA power output connectors for peripherals. This is unique to Cooler Master, and furthermore Cooler Master is not using this pin layout on all of their PSU's. In most of their lineup now, they are only using 3 of these 5pin connectors. Only on the 750W and up on the MWE series do they have the correct layout.

In any case, I've found a drop in replacement that is slightly bigger in dimensions ( by 10m in LxW ) but shouldn't matter due to the top down ATX mounting used. It's has 4 of the 5pin peripheral connectors, so it will be an easy drop in and use the existing cables.

Just an FYI if someone wants to snatch one up . ($110 on Amazon )

https://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-Efficiency-Connectors-Semi-fanless/dp/B08M9LDLXH/ref=sr_1_1

Screen Shot 2021-01-13 at 9.50.05 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-01-13 at 9.50.05 AM (resized).png
#1694 3 years ago

Based on feedback from some folks who I´ve also built this topper for the topper has evolved a little bit over the initial version. It´s now covering the full width of the backbox. The 8 different lightshows that are implemented can now be selected and configured (speed, colors, directions etc.) via a remote control. A random mode is also implemented.
It also got some more gimmicks like the In'n'Out Burger sign, the Cannabis leaves and the Folger´s Can. The large text on top can be placed left, middle and right with the holes for the mounting bolts already there. To prevent an accidental desaster when folding the BB forward the topper is secured by two steel brackets to the back of the BB.

I could imagine building a few more if there´s any interest. But shipping that beast overseas will alone be 60 Euros due to the weight of it.
Inside Europe it´s a lot cheaper. PM me if you´re interested.

P1020650 (resized).JPGP1020650 (resized).JPGP1020652 (resized).JPGP1020652 (resized).JPG

#1695 3 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

New TBL owner here. I've done some research on an insurance policy for the ATX Power Supply in the machine. ATX power supplies are pretty commodity and not rocket science, but there are some things here that can make it really difficult to replace years from now ( beyond the fact that the G550M has long been discontinued ). The G550M used 4 x 5 Pin modular SATA power output connectors for peripherals. This is unique to Cooler Master, and furthermore Cooler Master is not using this pin layout on all of their PSU's. In most of their lineup now, they are only using 3 of these 5pin connectors. Only on the 750W and up on the MWE series do they have the correct layout.
In any case, I've found a drop in replacement that is slightly bigger in dimensions ( by 10m in LxW ) but shouldn't matter due to the top down ATX mounting used. It's has 4 of the 5pin peripheral connectors, so it will be an easy drop in and use the existing cables.
Just an FYI if someone wants to snatch one up . ($110 on Amazon )
amazon.com link »[quoted image]

CPR9999 you used to have a lead on the original power supplies, do you still have a source or is this the only option at this point?

#1696 3 years ago

I also own one of this great topper from BigLebowski , can recommend it.
For the shipping: Maybe the US guys can buy themself a bowling pin. They should be available on every corner ... than the metal frame is the large and heavy part.

The topper looks perfect, engeneering on a high level ! Very good english manual and a price far far away from Stern toppers in a positive matter !

Quoted from BigLebowski:

Based on feedback from some folks who I´ve also built this topper for the topper has evolved a little bit over the initial version. It´s now covering the full width of the backbox. The 8 different lightshows that are implemented can now be selected and configured (speed, colors, directions etc.) via a remote control. A random mode is also implemented.
It also got some more gimmicks like the In'n'Out Burger sign, the Cannabis leaves and the Folger´s Can. The large text on top can be placed left, middle and right with the holes for the mounting bolts already there. To prevent an accidental desaster when folding the BB forward the topper is secured by two steel brackets to the back of the BB.

I could imagine building a few more if there´s any interest. But shipping that beast overseas will alone be 60 Euros due to the weight of it.
Inside Europe it´s a lot cheaper. PM me if you´re interested.
[quoted image][quoted image]

IMG_9567 (resized).jpgIMG_9567 (resized).jpg
#1697 3 years ago

I have had a couple balls with very high velocity sneak by the kickback in the left outlane when it is lit and the ball ends. My Dialed In will recognize this and reserve the ball for you. Shouldn't TBL give the ball back to the shooters lane? Anyone else noticed this?

Thanks

#1698 3 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

I have had a couple balls with very high velocity sneak by the kickback in the left outlane when it is lit and the ball ends. My Dialed In will recognize this and reserve the ball for you. Shouldn't TBL give the ball back to the shooters lane? Anyone else noticed this?
Thanks

It’s already on my bug-wishlist which can been seen at

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17Xb9AkuhFceae9Au2YzKGtETdpg9cNBMY4FQAmSaYQs/edit

If you find stuff pls find free to add it.

#1699 3 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Thanks

Rensh gives bug list directly to DP/Koen software programmer. So good to note as they have good chance to be fixed.

#1700 3 years ago

Mod 1 - Size A or B, the red/black border to match the movie is the best
Mod 2 - B, and rotating would be amazing and worth the additional price IMO
Mod 3 - D... but can you get me it by 3 o'clock?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
Mead, CO
There are 7,141 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 143.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/34?hl=litedpinballmods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.