735513270 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 2 (resized).jpg
TBL Brown 1 (resized).jpg
TBL Bl 1 (resized).jpg
Photo Apr 19 2024, 8 52 09 AM (resized).jpg
Photo Apr 19 2024, 8 52 46 AM (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,304 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 147.
#1601 3 years ago
Quoted from fussraster:

Unfortunately this solution did not work as I have hoped.
>> The USB Ports might suffer more from transportation/ vibration and there is some missing data which probably causes this strange behaviour...
In general there are many probable reasons for that.
DP will send me spare parts and I will do the testing.
After that I will inform you.
I will abide

Thank you.

If hardware changes don’t help, please document via cell phone video and send to Rensh. He can share video with software engineer. They might be able to fix via code. This is the 3rd machine that exhibits these conditions that I have heard from.

#1602 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

please document via cell phone video and send to

Already in contact with Barry via Whatsapp- but thanks for the hint!

took a lot of pictures and videos of the game - hope there is a solution.

Luckily a friend of mine witnessed the error - feel better now that I am not the only one to discover this.

stay healthy!

#1603 3 years ago

Just recently the right sling has started firing randomly during a game without the ball anywhere near it. This also causes the upper flipper to die when it’s firing. Anyone come across this? Suggested actions before I tear into it?

#1604 3 years ago
Quoted from Waldo:

Just recently the right sling has started firing randomly during a game without the ball anywhere near it. This also causes the upper flipper to die when it’s firing. Anyone come across this? Suggested actions before I tear into it?

Assume you checked the gap spacing on the sling contacts and the wiring under playfield where they plug in

#1605 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Assume you checked the gap spacing on the sling contacts and the wiring under playfield where they plug in

I’m still in bed from too much drinking during our Halloween party last night. One of our guests sent me a video. But I’ll look at those two things.

#1606 3 years ago

Painted up one of the Dude's special gold & silver "Gutterballs" dream sequence bowling shoes and mounted it above the ball lock ramp.
DSC06076 (resized).JPGDSC06076 (resized).JPG
DSC06067 (resized).JPGDSC06067 (resized).JPG
The Dude and Maude in Gutterballs (resized).jpgThe Dude and Maude in Gutterballs (resized).jpg

1 week later
#1607 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Painted up one of the Dude's special gold & silver "Gutterballs" dream sequence bowling shoes and mounted it above the ball lock ramp.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Cool.
Where did you get in/out burger sign?
Also, does it stay in place behind the rubbers - when the ball hits the rubbers?

#1608 3 years ago
Quoted from fussraster:

Hello again!
Guess what - I changed the position of the two USB Plugs on the mainboard and the error ocurred immediately !
Changed back and fixed both plugs with a cable tie. (not too much force used - I dont want to bend and stress the connectors)
Now testing 10 games without any error!
Considering of adding an active usb3 HUB to make sure the connection and the voltage stays safe. Has anyone of you ever tried this?
Have a nice day![quoted image]

How has your game been working since you zip tied the two cables together? Does the error persist? Any more errors to report?

QSS

#1609 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Cool.
Where did you get in/out burger sign?
Also, does it stay in place behind the rubbers - when the ball hits the rubbers?

Part of a magnet set that is available directly from In-N-Out's website store. I hotglued it to the upper playfield edge and no problem staying in place so far, but time will tell yet.

#1610 3 years ago

Hi proud tbl owners, I’m having a few issues maybe someone could help please:

1. At least once in the game when I go bowling after I bowl the pinball doesn’t always eject up out of the vertical scoop on to the playfield (it needs to do ball search)
2. Can I increase the power of the far left lane kick out? Mine is weak.
Thank you all

#1611 3 years ago

Short Update:

Replaced Mainboard and P3Roc-Board. (Thanks Barry!!)

After a few games I carefully would like to report : Now EVERYTHING seems to work!

I even have more - and now even colourchanging light on the bowling alley (didnt even know this was meant to be that way)

Couldnt find any obvious damage on both boards.

Funny side-story: The ballshooter coil in the cab for the bowling alley got loose and freed itself with a "clonk"-noise.... had to be re-captured and screwed back on the brace...

>> I can only guess that it really must have been a long and hard cobblestone-paved road from NL to Bavaria.

Cheers

#1612 3 years ago
Quoted from PinheadEDM:

1. At least once in the game when I go bowling after I bowl the pinball doesn’t always eject up out of the vertical scoop on to the playfield (it needs to do ball search)
2. Can I increase the power of the far left lane kick out? Mine is weak.
Thank you all

ad 1. Check Position and Screws on the bracket for the coil. Make sure everything is in place and tightly screwed. Coil Sleeve shoud look through metal bracket like at any other machine. If it needs ballsearch adjust the switch wire and check that it reacts correctly.

ad 2: Please define weak. You can adjust the pulses in the menue - but i guess factory settings should be enough. It is not meant to be a Gotg-force-feedback-rat-shooter (sorry dont know how to describe it properly). The Ball drops out and i guess this is how its intended.

#1613 3 years ago
Quoted from fussraster:

Short Update:
Replaced Mainboard and P3Roc-Board. (Thanks Barry!!)
After a few games I carefully would like to report : Now EVERYTHING seems to work!

Awesome dude! Good to hear.

#1614 3 years ago

Today's NSNL for anyone who hasn't received it:

TBL NSNL (resized).jpgTBL NSNL (resized).jpg

11/13/2020 - The Big Lebowski™ Pinball - November 2020 Update

Dear ___

Firstly, we hope you are staying safe and healthy through these unusual times!

We hope you will enjoy this update about production, software, our new facility and some other stuff we want to share with you! So put on your bowling shirt and let's get rolling!

Production update
It has been about a year since we started (again) with the production of the game. Much has changed since then. We have now found a good flow in production and we now build about 4 games per week.

The biggest challenge turns out to be sourcing parts. With about 650 different parts and 2500 parts in total that we buy from about 70 different suppliers AND the Worldwide pandemic, it is quite a challenge to get everything right and on time. This part of the production is probably even more difficult than manufacturing the game itself, but we have also mastered this part of production by now. And so it's time for the next BIG step!

Two weeks ago - on October 28 - we signed the lease for a new building. The new building is about five times the size of our current building and offers the opportunity to expand production. Our goal is to get to at least 10 games per week within a few months. We will move in a few weeks and the new location will be fully operational from December 1st.

So - as we speak - we are looking for new people to join our team.

Our new HQ:

New DP HQ (resized).jpgNew DP HQ (resized).jpg
Koen is back at the base!
We are happy to announce that programmer Koen is back at Dutch Pinball! From December, Koen will join our team again and will, among other things, continue working on software updates for The Big Lebowksi and other (future) projects.

Game Improvements
When we started manufacturing games again in our own facility last year we faced quite some new challenges. Building a complex machine like this is very time consuming and this motivated us to improve the game further and make it easier and faster to assemble. Now that we are in full control of production we have made a lot of improvements to the game.

To name a few:
• Improved cable harness Cabinet and Bowling Alley
• Added Distribution PCB's for the Cabinet and Bowling Alley
• Improved Mini Playfield Car Door Assembly (stepper motor moved up to mini playfield)
• Improved Mini Playfield Parking Targets
• Much more sturdy Playfield Target Brackets
• Improved Bowling Alley Ball Launcher Assembly
• Better Bowling Alley Mini Pins mechanism
• A much nicer decal on the Bowling Alley Pins
• New Sparkly Gold Paint on the "Boobie" Caps
• New PET-G "unbreakable" Plastics
• Much nicer (spray)paint job on the Display panel and the Wood Rails
• Improved Kickback roll over switch
Early Achiever Delivery Planning
At the moment, one of the four games we build is an EA. We expect that in a few months we will be able to ramp up to ten games a week and then we want to make 3, or even 4 out of 10 games an EA game. As soon as we are running at a fixed pace, we will send every EA an email with an expected delivery date.

We hope you appreciated and enjoyed this update. We'll send out more updates as soon as we have more 'new shit' to tell you.

Until then, stay tuned.

Best regards,
Team Dutch Pinball

#1615 3 years ago

Is .52 the most current version of code?

#1616 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Is .52 the most current version of code?

yes

#1617 3 years ago

I have emailed Barry for a copy of .52 but still haven’t heard back, does anyone have a copy of .52 they can email me?

#1618 3 years ago

0.52 has only use for those with an EA apron as the difference is the integrated light show in the apron.

Plus a bug which happens sometimes with Super jackpot is solved.

Don’t have a copy, sorry.

#1619 3 years ago

I have emailed Barry for a copy of .52 but still haven’t heard back, does anyone have a copy of .52 they can email me?

http://dutchpinball.com/suite/content/thebiglebowski/software/0.52/45GH92go/TBL-v0.52.zip

Just copy the zip to the root of an USB stick; don't unzip!
And select USB update in Software menu.

Kind regards,
Barry

#1620 3 years ago

edit.. never mind I figured it out

#1621 3 years ago

New mods:

Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “I am selling a number of mods for TBL. 1. Doobie (Joint) Mod: $45 2. Decal stickers: $45 3. Left ramp clip: $15 (this one is a must install in my experience) 4. Spare back...”
2022-08-18
Saukville, WI
Archived after: 67 days
Viewed: 13195 times

#1622 3 years ago

So, with the new import tax to eu, seems like big lebowski becomes the one viable nib-option.
So how about getting a game from them?
If i order now, is it five months or what?
Howabout paying?
Not beeing rude, fronting cash to this company seems a gamble at best.
Cod seems the only way, but will dp accept that?
Is there a way to have someone, or do it yourself physically pick it up at location paying then?

#1623 3 years ago

Maybe you can order from coin taker and choose the pickup in person option. This way your money is safe. It's anyone's guess on the wait though.

Quoted from Dr-pin:

So, with the new import tax to eu, seems like big lebowski becomes the one viable nib-option.
Howabout paying?
Is there a way to have someone, or do it yourself physically pick it up at location paying then?

#1624 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Howabout paying?

Best you contact DP on this direct.

Payment is only required when you TBL is (nearly) finished. Guess paying in cash when pickup is done is possible but cash payments above certain limits in NL get special attention from the government ...

But talk this over direct with DP. Contact details are in their website.

#1625 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Howabout paying?

As Resnh stated, DP itself is the european distributor. I got an invoice via EMail, wired the money and picked up my TBL the next week direct at the factory. Very smooth transaction.

BUT .. be aware: The TBL is 12000 Euro, for this money you can get also a Stern or JJP incl. the 25% "Trump Tax"

1 week later
#1626 3 years ago

I set up my TBL a few months ago. Played about 20 games or so without any problems that I could see. Played last night and the left slingshot keeps going off and when I get to the upper play field, the flipper only works once. Any input would be great.

#1627 3 years ago
Quoted from TUFLYF:

I set up my TBL a few months ago. Played about 20 games or so without any problems that I could see. Played last night and the left slingshot keeps going off and when I get to the upper play field, the flipper only works once. Any input would be great.

Left sling should be easy adjustment to the gap of the leaf switch, just open it up a bit.. not sure on the upper flipper.

#1628 3 years ago
Quoted from TUFLYF:

Left sling going off probably due to one if its leaf switches needing to be adjusted (gapped wider).

Have you checked the flipper button contact switch and flipper mech assembly for your upper flipper?

#1629 3 years ago

Missing my keys to the coin door. My 3 year old daughter has misplaced them. How can I get new keys or anyone have a suggestion on how to move forward?

#1630 3 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Missing my keys to the coin door. My 3 year old daughter has misplaced them. How can I get new keys or anyone have a suggestion on how to move forward?

#1631 3 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Yep - just drill it out per Toucanf16's video and get a replacement from Pinball Life. Cheap and easy.

#1632 3 years ago

Yep - just drill it out per Toucanf16's video and get a replacement from Pinball Life. Cheap and easy.

Yep and as soon as you drill the lock, you will find the keys

#1633 3 years ago
Quoted from TUFLYF:

There are modes in which the flipper works only once on the upper playfield, like car mode impound car and the rug mode where the car has to be hit.

So are you playing a specific mode or is it during regular gameplay?

#1634 3 years ago

Various new upgraded parts were mentioned in latest Dutch pinball newsletter. Any word on availability? I need a few of them to fix my game.

#1635 3 years ago

Left sling going off probably due to one if its leaf switches needing to be adjusted (gapped wider).
Have you checked the flipper button contact switch and flipper mech assembly for your upper flipper?

Left sling should be easy adjustment to the gap of the leaf switch, just open it up a bit.. not sure on the upper flipper.

Thanks! That was it.

#1636 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

There are modes in which the flipper works only once on the upper playfield, like car mode impound car and the rug mode where the car has to be hit.
So are you playing a specific mode or is it during regular gameplay?

I was in rug mode. Thanks for the help!

#1637 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Anybody else have their lock ball stand up targets getting hammered like these? No wonder the ball was flying over the flippers...yeesh.
[quoted image]

have the same problem a month into ownership.

Did you replace or repair the part? Standard bally part?

#1638 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Anybody else have their lock ball stand up targets getting hammered like these? No wonder the ball was flying over the flippers...yeesh.
[quoted image]

Sounds like DP has new stronger standup targets that should be available soon. They are mentioned in the last NSNL.

#1639 3 years ago

Has anyone worked on the bowling alley? I am having problems with pins registering hits, especially when the single pin is moving around. Very solid hits on pins are not registering.

Thanks

#1640 3 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Has anyone worked on the bowling alley? I am having problems with pins registering hits, especially when the single pin is moving around. Very solid hits on pins are not registering.
Thanks

From what I understood the ball should not actually Hit the pins. The pin hit is activated by the ball passing an opto.

#1641 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

From what I understood the ball should not actually Hit the pins. The pin hit is activated by the ball passing an opto.

That's good info to know. I didn't realize this. Thanks Yelobird.

#1642 3 years ago

Anyone have a link to replacement stand up targets (stronger metal) and the stern-style roll over switches? What about the gate assembly in the back orbit? I wish DP Would publish a parts manual

#1643 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Anyone have a link to replacement stand up targets (stronger metal) and the stern-style roll over switches? What about the gate assembly in the back orbit? I wish DP Would publish a parts manual

I am running with these switches already for some time and they work great.

https://www.pinballlife.com/rollover-switch-with-mounting-bracket.html

You have to cut at some places the extended wire after the bend as it otherwise will touch the PCB.

Gate assembly, you mean the controlled ballgate?

#1644 3 years ago

Rensh:

How about replacement stand up targets (lock targets)

#1645 3 years ago

Contemplating joining the club, if you order from Cointaker does it come with the Laseriffic topper or that’s ordered separately?

#1646 3 years ago
Quoted from Greenandwhite:

Contemplating joining the club, if you order from Cointaker does it come with the Laseriffic topper or that’s ordered separately?

Separately, but not expensive as toppers go and a nice addition!

#1647 3 years ago

This is at great price with the extras:
FYI
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/102453

#1648 3 years ago

Oops - wrong thread.

#1649 3 years ago

No but it comes with plenty of waiting, grief, and poor communication.

#1650 3 years ago

This is the nicest topper:

A friend from Munich is making them. This is a prototype, my topper will be in the size of the whole backbox and have some more 3D applications: Cannabis, Folgers coffee box .... will see ! In the middle is a full size used bowling pin. RGB lightning controled by an ATMEL ... until we figute out how to hook it up to the apron

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 210.00
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 22.50
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

15,000 (OBO)
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

There are 7,304 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 147.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/33?hl=greenandwhite and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.