flipper position (3) (resized).jpeg
IMG_6626 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_archive_792_848601.jpg
Pinside_forum_7890198_0.jpg
Pinside_archive_876_2670498.jpg
IMG_0049 (resized).jpg
IMG_2632.gif

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,285 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 146.
#1551 3 years ago
Quoted from Waldo:

Mine was more like 12-14 weeks between payment to CT and getting my TBL.

So I guess I'm getting mine in 2021.....

#1552 3 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

So I guess I'm getting mine in 2021.....

CT needs to explain - they know.

Either....

1. CT is just getting cash on the books sooner by a month or 2.

Or

2. DP is giving bad build/delivery dates.

Or

Both.

I hear great increasing production numbers....then I hear part shortages, Covid and moving locations, etc. At this pace I feel bad for EA buyers as it will be many many months or years !

#1553 3 years ago

Hey it's already been 6 years for me EA#187! If I was a new buyer and you have to wait 10 months feel lucky!

#1554 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

CT needs to explain - they know.
Either....
1. CT is just getting cash on the books sooner by a month or 2.
Or
2. DP is giving bad build/delivery dates.
Or
Both.
I hear great increasing production numbers....then I hear part shortages, Covid and moving locations, etc. At this pace I feel bad for EA buyers as it will be many many months or years !

Not sure how CT is getting a pass on this. They claim to take payment when the machine is ready to ship ( DP is sending games to CT first, NOT to customers directly ). They should not be taking the money from customers with the promise that they'll have it soon and then ship it.

#1555 3 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

Not sure how CT is getting a pass on this. They claim to take payment when the machine is ready to ship ( DP is sending games to CT first, NOT to customers directly ). They should not be taking the money from customers with the promise that they'll have it soon and then ship it.

No the CT games come direct from DP

#1556 3 years ago
Quoted from Waldo:

No the CT games come direct from DP

No, DHL is shipping the games to Cointaker then Cointaker re-ships them

#1557 3 years ago
Quoted from Drew13:

That wasn’t the case for mine. It shipped direct from DP to my door. I tracked it via the DHL the whole way. Took about 6 Business days door to door.

#1558 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

That wasn’t the case for mine. It shipped direct from DP to my door. I tracked it via the DHL the whole way. Took about 6 Business days door to door.

I understand, this changed when DHL rates when through the roof. So they are now landing at CT, then off to customers.

#1559 3 years ago

Thats the way as far as I know ... why should the customer pay for an intercontinental shipping , for DHL it makes no difference where to ship in the US.
Might be different if someone orders with "full service" and "pre-check" ....

#1560 3 years ago
Quoted from Drew13:

I just got mine about a month ago. Direct from DP.

#1561 3 years ago
Quoted from Waldo:

I just got mine about a month ago. Direct from DP.

How many weeks after full payment?

#1562 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

DP only requires payment when unit is ready and just prior to shipment. Ofcourse shipping takes time and the distributor needs also some processingtime so like 3-5 weeks from payment till receiving doesn’t sound strange but 10?

There should be some system telling the buyer atleast some estimation when he should have the funds ready. I have myself noted that once I get enough money saved, I usually walk quite soon into the pinball shop and buy a new pin and after that start again saving for another machine (or something similar). For me it would be quite difficult to time the availability of the funds with announcement of DP telling that my machine is ready, please pay it now, if you want to get it...

#1563 3 years ago

What's most amazing about this whole system is that there are absolutely no updates coming from either Cointaker or DP. You'd think if they had $12,500 of your money held in ransom they would be a bit more forthcoming about updates. If you don't proactively keep reaching out to Cointaker there is no communication whatsoever.

#1564 3 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

What's most amazing about this whole system is that there are absolutely no updates coming from either Cointaker or DP. You'd think if they had $12,500 of your money held in ransom they would be a bit more forthcoming about updates. If you don't proactively keep reaching out to Cointaker there is no communication whatsoever.

I think there are 160 plus EA buyers that would remind you this is Normal for DP lol.

#1565 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I think there are 160 plus EA buyers that would remind you this is Normal for DP lol.

Agree.

However CT is not good at communicating anything here. Much room for improvement.

#1566 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Agree.
However CT is not good at communicating anything here. Much room for improvement.

CT is actually awesome. The issue is the Vendor they are relying on to provide info is Less then reliable which is indisputable.... Melissa tries Not to provide assumed info whenever possible and often No info when she doesn't believe the info she is given. Any concerns should fall on DP in my opinion not CT.

#1567 3 years ago

Cointaker is relying on Dutch Pinball for information who is relying on multiple parts vendors for information while also relying on DHL for information and everyone's information is tied up to global COVID information which means ALL of the information is to some extent unreliable....

I don't blame CT at all. I got my game earlier this summer and CT was always responsive, even if there wasn't any real update, I always 100% knew that they were on top of the situation, my money was safe and my game would eventually arrive, which it did!

I get the anxiety and impatience around this and you might be thinking "easy for you to say! you have your game!" but believe me, but as someone who already went through the process, its worth the wait and there is no reason to be concerned. Worst case, you get your money back in full. Any other case, the game will arrive...and probably sooner than you or I will get our GNR on order at this point!

#1568 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

Are these more legible?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

On behalf of Tyler Stout, Joshua Budich, and all the other artists whose work you ripped off without even giving them credit, FUCK YOU, GUY!!!!

#1569 3 years ago

Had a so-so game tonight

16D39100-E5B0-4042-96E0-5BE63493C822 (resized).jpeg16D39100-E5B0-4042-96E0-5BE63493C822 (resized).jpeg87432ECF-1F98-4C27-9C1B-988082330289 (resized).jpeg87432ECF-1F98-4C27-9C1B-988082330289 (resized).jpegACFD3F15-7224-468C-9D26-EE554926B531 (resized).jpegACFD3F15-7224-468C-9D26-EE554926B531 (resized).jpeg
#1570 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Had a so-so game tonight
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah - but those are Dutch scores Rens. What's the conversion factor to American numbers?

#1571 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Yeah - but those are Dutch scores Rens. What's the conversion factor to American numbers?

Yea based on the decimal points his score was 84 and 54. Even I’ve beat that score.

#1572 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

CT is actually awesome. The issue is the Vendor they are relying on to provide info is Less then reliable which is indisputable.... Melissa tries Not to provide assumed info whenever possible and often No info when she doesn't believe the info she is given. Any concerns should fall on DP in my opinion not CT.

Normally CT is good.

But on this one don’t take the cash until machines are ready to ship. If it was a week here or there ok. But taking money months in advance is on them too. No way around that one.

If CT is taking the money and sending to DP months in advance then I would be worried about ordering one.

If CT is taking money and not seeing games shipped stop collecting it.

CT or DP needs to answer this.

#1573 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Normally CT is good.
But on this one don’t take the cash until machines are ready to ship. If it was a week here or there ok. But taking money months in advance is on them too. No way around that one.
If CT is taking the money and sending to DP months in advance then I would be worried about ordering one.
If CT is taking money and not seeing games shipped stop collecting it.
CT or DP needs to answer this.

Sorry but you keep saying CoinTaker. Has there been any proof for any order that CT has lost anyone’s money? DP yes not CT. CT in the middle is the Only reason anyone should feel safe placing an order.

#1574 3 years ago
Quoted from Waldo:

Mine was more like 12-14 weeks between payment to CT and getting my TBL.

Quoted from Dkjimbo:

I got mine about 10 weeks or so after payment in full.

Quoted from Yelobird:

Sorry but you keep saying CoinTaker. Has there been any proof for any order that CT has lost anyone’s money? DP yes not CT. CT in the middle is the Only reason anyone should feel safe placing an order.

We are not trying to solve lost money.

Many buyers don’t know who is holding their money for 2-3 months before they hear anything and why are they collecting so far in advance of shipping. Wasn’t that the promise you only pay when they ship. Simple question.

If DP isn’t quite accurate with data being 2-3 months off - why keep collecting money???

#1575 3 years ago

For the US CoinTaker is the distributor, for Europe DP is the manufacturer and distributor.

IF DP states that your game is ready for shipping or pickup you pay the bill and get the game.Point.
This takes 2 days (pick up) to 1 week (shipping).

IF your distributor is CoinTaker you should ask them .. why do they collect money in advance. Also ask them when you get your game, call them every day and send emails ... but in this case DP is out ! You should remember there are 5 people building the machines. If one of this persons is calling and answering emails the whole day there are 4 people building the machines. And DP is not responsible for CoinTakers business.
At least its just a matter of time when TBL will show up and be in the shops for direct pickup.

I drive a Dodge ... on questions about my car I ask my local dealer or the european importer, I never called Dodge in the US .... just an example.
So I think DP is not responsible for what CoinTaker is doing.
Whoever can not live with this kind of businessplan should buy JJP and Stern available games.

The onliest exception for me is EA, this guys should get updates regulary direct from DP, they suffered enough and I hope all get their games.
I am a late buyer, paid hell lot of money but know that with this fresh money the ES will get their games.

Just my 5 cent

#1576 3 years ago

Good evening folks!

Since last Monday I am happy member of the TBL club.

After some more or less known troubleshooting (general issues have already been discussed above) I still have one main issue and maybe someone has already a solution....

I am already in contact with Barry D. who says he has never before seen such a behaviour...

The whole system is rather new and unknown to me - so I dont know where to start my search.

This is what happens:

During gameplay suddenly all (!) switches stop working.

Flippers still work and music continues to play - but thats all.

No coindoor menue, no lane switch, nothing - even the tilt plumb does not react.

There is no ballsearch and the situation stays like this until i switch the pin off and on again.

Visual inspection of coils and Plugs and wiring looks ok.

After turning on again I can play a couple of games without errors.

Today aprox. 3 out of 15 games showed this strange behaviour. In total I had about 8 games i had to hard reset.

[ My only explanation would be some vague USB connection error and maybe a rather seldom ram defect - but I have absolutely no clue]

I would highly appreciate some hints or suggestions. Thanks Dudes

#1577 3 years ago
Quoted from fussraster:

Good evening folks!
After some more or less known troubleshooting (general issues have already been discussed above) I still have one main issue and maybe someone has already a solution....
I am already in contact with Barry D. who says he has never before seen such a behaviour...
The whole system is rather new and unknown to me - so I dont know where to start my search.
This is what happens:
No coindoor menue, no lane switch, nothing - even the tilt plumb does not react.
There is no ballsearch and the situation stays like this until i switch the pin off and on again.
Today aprox. 3 out of 15 games showed this strange behaviour. In total I had about 8 games i had to hard reset.
[ My only explanation would be some vague USB connection error and maybe a rather seldom ram defect - but I have absolutely no clue]

Have you tried putting the game into switch test mode? You may find some more clues as to what is going on if you do that.

#1578 3 years ago

try switching usb ports on the computer?

#1579 3 years ago
Quoted from fussraster:

Good evening folks!
This is what happens:

Question.
Did you buy new?

Reason I ask is there was another machine that had same issue where we switched board and cable out.

#1580 3 years ago
Quoted from fussraster:

Good evening folks!
This is what happens:

The exact same thing happens, occasionally, to my game. Not as often as yours but 1 in 20 games, it happens to me as well. I have no clue why it happens either.

QSS

#1581 3 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

The exact same thing happens, occasionally, to my game. Not as often as yours but 1 in 20 games, it happens to me as well. I have no clue why it happens either.
QSS

Agree on the other TBL we tried fixing it happens about 1 in 20 games.

Must be a software bug?

#1582 3 years ago

Hi!

Yes, I did buy NIB.

I cannot use the switch test when the problem occurs - as ALL switches including the coindoor menue switches don`t work.

I will try and change the USB cables.

#1583 3 years ago
Quoted from fussraster:

Hi!
Yes, I did buy NIB.
I cannot use the switch test when the problem occurs - as ALL switches including the coindoor menue switches don`t work.
I will try and change the USB cables.

Let us know what you find.
This might be a software timing issue.

We did not find a fix.

Sounds like QSS above did not find a fix either.

#1584 3 years ago

Hello again!

Guess what - I changed the position of the two USB Plugs on the mainboard and the error ocurred immediately !

Changed back and fixed both plugs with a cable tie. (not too much force used - I dont want to bend and stress the connectors)

Now testing 10 games without any error!

Considering of adding an active usb3 HUB to make sure the connection and the voltage stays safe. Has anyone of you ever tried this?

Have a nice day!

20201025_083745 (resized).jpg20201025_083745 (resized).jpg
#1585 3 years ago
Quoted from Scott9:

Check the diodes on your flipper coils. I had the same issue with my left flipper

My question again: ARE there diodes on the coils ?
I have no diodes on the coil from factory and still my issues.

#1586 3 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

My question again: ARE there diodes on the coils ?
I have no diodes on the coil from factory and still my issues.

There are no diodes on the coils.

#1587 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Let us know what you find.
This might be a software timing issue.
We did not find a fix.
Sounds like QSS above did not find a fix either.

Nope, I did not find a fix.

QSS

#1588 3 years ago
Quoted from fussraster:

Hello again!
Guess what - I changed the position of the two USB Plugs on the mainboard and the error ocurred immediately !
Changed back and fixed both plugs with a cable tie. (not too much force used - I dont want to bend and stress the connectors)
Now testing 10 games without any error!
Considering of adding an active usb3 HUB to make sure the connection and the voltage stays safe. Has anyone of you ever tried this?
Have a nice day![quoted image]

Let us know after a week of playing.

#1589 3 years ago

NEW SDTM: The Big Lebowski Pinball Machine Review

#1590 3 years ago

Man, B+ for Lebowski and posted on the owner's club...bold! Nice try dudes, it's an A+!

#1591 3 years ago

are people still talking about this game so many years later??? I'm genuinely curious...

DP has revamped with borrowed money, but still doing spooky production, and having a hard time distributing here in USA. The flash has worn off IMO.

#1592 3 years ago

For me it sounded like a fair assessment .

Good news that the reason for a B+ and not an A is software related and this can be fixed and is even being worked upon as we speak

And yes, I think it’s already an A

#1593 3 years ago

I dont know how many machines this guys compared. But for me, over 20 years in the hobby, their chart looks like a "beginner / new in hobby chart".
IJ ... mhhh ... MET a "B" ??! C´mon ....
So I give nothing on their voting, 2 guys with a camera and a youtube account .. thats it.

#1594 3 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

I dont know how many machines this guys compared. But for me, over 20 years in the hobby, their chart looks like a "beginner / new in hobby chart".
So I give nothing on their voting, 2 guys with a camera and a youtube account .. thats it.

A little more then that..Zach is a Stern/JJP distributor. Been making these videos for years. Why does it even matter if you like the game?

#1595 3 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

It’s all in fun anyway. But I do agree with their assessment.

#1596 3 years ago

Any review is subjective and I don’t agree with all their assements, that’s why it’s subjective. And software does change over the years. When TWD came out I found it meh but now it’s perhaps my favorite pinball. So can be they rate it a C when it came out where it’s now an A.

Anyway, just fun to watch, it’s subjective and in this case I can live with their assessment.

#1597 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Man, B+ for Lebowski and posted on the owner's club...bold! Nice try dudes, it's an A+!

Nailed it!

#1598 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Let us know after a week of playing.

Unfortunately this solution did not work as I have hoped.

>> The USB Ports might suffer more from transportation/ vibration and there is some missing data which probably causes this strange behaviour...

In general there are many probable reasons for that.

DP will send me spare parts and I will do the testing.

After that I will inform you.

I will abide

#1599 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

NEW SDTM: The Big Lebowski Pinball Machine Review

According to that....

Well it's just like...your opinion guys....

Luckily it's not my opinion!!

Quoted from dts:

Nice try dudes, it's an A+!

#1600 3 years ago
Quoted from fussraster:

Unfortunately this solution did not work as I have hoped.
>> The USB Ports might suffer more from transportation/ vibration and there is some missing data which probably causes this strange behaviour...
In general there are many probable reasons for that.
DP will send me spare parts and I will do the testing.
After that I will inform you.
I will abide

Hope you get it figured out. One day I will get my machine. Until then - happy and waiting.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

15,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 22.50
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 210.00
$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 7,285 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-official-club-thread/page/32?hl=capn12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.